Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,481 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate (11918 Views)

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate / Gusau Did Not Attend Katsina College With Buhari – Fani-Kayode / Breaking News;jonathan Did Not Complete His Ph.d Course- Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by eros(m): 2:17pm On Mar 19, 2011
Believe it or not PDP is going down come April. Kapish
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by vwvw(m): 2:26pm On Mar 19, 2011
gej is on self destruct u can have more than 1 20 debates .every debate is important.does he know that nta relayed the debate yesternight.and presido is talkin about bon.common the president talks our change and new nigeria.hes on facebook and he doesnt show up on nn24 debate because hes bon friendly load of crap.he might as well dump fb and talk to nigerians through nipost
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by stildude(m): 2:43pm On Mar 19, 2011
Ppl End it already! You don't want to vote GEJ go ahead vote who ever you want, the rest of us will vote GEJ. The rest of us are more than the rest of you - name callers and and tribal and religious fanatics. Voting won't be done on Nland any way but with real people with real names. Some are calling for violence, yet you are in your mansions, and your families are abroad. We are everyday people like Jonathan. Most of the people crying cos GEJ didn't  attend debate are pro BB and others already. I think you are disappointed cos Your plans to embarrass the president didn't work. Our people say the stone you see flying towards you will not hit you in the eye.  Leave the president alone, if you non want vote carry go. Even if  he does not win the election, he already a blessed man.  Now enough of Goodluck matter, and wipe your eyes, quit nagging like lil babies.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 19, 2011
Deep Sight:

Pro01 - you display an uncoomon and most rare talent for supreme daftness. Your views on this forum have always been imbecilic in the extreme and inclined towards the most irresponsible championing of mediocrity and imbecilic retardation. With people like you around no country can ever progress. You are a waste of time and space and your education is little better than that of a chimpanzee. You are a disgrace to literacy and you embarrass the very words you utter. I do not believe i have come across a greater m.o.r.o.n than you. I recall your eeediiotic attempts to defend ibori in the past. Son; you are a professional clown.

Mkpokiti! Lmao. I've never seen so much bottled-up heat all my life! This your cathartic release must feel like the ej.acul.atio.n. of a sex-starved prisoner who just got laid after enduring 25 long years of blue-balls. It's a mystery you didn't die of heart attack from all that venomously implosive frustration.

Be that as it may, I must confess that I feel flattered, nay, honoured to know that my long history of 'daftness' on this forum engenders such org.a.s.mic passion in individuals with troubled lives - including [i]deep sighted [/i]neurotics.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 19, 2011
stildude:

Ppl End it already! You don't want to vote GEJ go ahead vote who ever you want, the rest of us will vote GEJ. The rest of us are more than the rest of you - name callers and and tribal and religious fanatics. Voting won't be done on Nland any way but with real people with real names. Some are calling for violence, yet you are in your mansions, and your families are abroad. We are everyday people like Jonathan. Most of the people crying cos GEJ didn't  attend debate are pro BB and others already. I think you are disappointed cos Your plans to embarrass the president didn't work. Our people say the stone you see flying towards you will not hit you in the eye.  Leave the president alone, if you non want vote carry go. Even if  he does not win the election, he already a blessed man.  Now enough of Goodluck matter, and wipe your eyes, quit nagging like lil babies.

Not that I am a huge fan of Goodluck per se, but I don't think he is so bad. He is decent and down to earth. . .and has the simple, likable charms of the proverbial 'guy next door'. All he needs is the political will and a good team and he would deliver. I think he will suffice for now; debate or no debate. Nonetheless, I KNOW he will win the election. Why? Let me reproduce my opinion posted on another thread:

I wonder why anyone thinks debates count for anything in a country where 90% of those who would eventually stand in the sun and rain to vote are uneducated rural folks with an abysmally [i]spectatorial [/i]level of political participation. The 'hip' crowd here on Nairaland, and all the smugly complacent middle class folks out there would probably sit at home on election day and watch cable TV. . .yet they believe some cosmetic debate (which is entirely an academic exercise) would make even the minutest difference on the outcome of the election. Hard-nosed practicality prevails anytime over useless shadow-boxing. Those candidates who are reaching out to the all-important grassroots (by hook or crook), and those that have the capacity (by virtue of financial or incumbency resources, etc) to ferret-out the sheepish grassroots electorate from their hamlets to the voting booths on election day would win the election. . .not those that waste their time by engaging in oratorical arm-wrestling to entertain a thoroughly unimportant, negligible electoral demographic. We have a long way to go. . .
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^^ What utter rubbish as usual.

Who said participating in a presidential debate will help win elections?

What is being alluded to here is that if a president was civilised, competent and progressive enough, he would be one of those that encourages and pioneers positive change in the process and systems of the electoral process. He would demonstrate a clear ability of transparency, openness and servant-leadership by attending any political debate even if it is only accessible to the few privileged enough for society not to be made down-trodden. Moreso, if all his rivals are going to be there.

These are benefits a Presidential debate manifests and nurtures, and one will expect a Silverback Gorilla that claims to have a PhD, but is asking for questions in advance, to be aware of this and help develop and promote it.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by ejunkie(m): 3:34pm On Mar 19, 2011
stildude:

I feel you ja'are. Ideally JG shuld go to a debate. regardless he has engaged Nigerian's long before Buhari and Ribadu got their acts together going back and forth with their confused merger talks which their individual selfish agendas prevented from ever happening.

- Buhari is a my way or the highway fellow.

- Ribadu is an emotional elitist strong head ( even the grass roots north don't dig him, hence why he's using Fashola's goodwill unabashedly).

- Shekarau, now this is a well spoken mister Kudo's but even track record in Kano get plenty k-leg (as was seen on BBC hardtalk)

I vote for Goodluck. I will also hound him till he gets it right with his advisers and as be there to protest once he goes off the plan.

My vote counts
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 3:44pm On Mar 19, 2011
ejunkie:

I feel you ja'are. Ideally JG shuld go to a debate. regardless he has engaged Nigerian's long before Buhari and Ribadu got their acts together going back and forth with their confused merger talks which their individual selfish agendas prevented from ever happening.

- Buhari is a my way or the highway fellow.

- Ribadu is an emotional elitist strong head ( even the grass roots north don't dig him, hence why he's using Fashola's goodwill unabashedly).

- Shekarau,  now this is a well spoken mister Kudo's but even track record in Kano get plenty k-leg (as was seen on BBC hardtalk)

I vote for Goodluck. I will also hound him till he gets it right with his advisers and as be there to protest once he goes off the plan.

My vote counts

You forgot to analyse Goodluck Jonathan. Let me do it for you.

- Jonathan is a clueless, uninspirational dimwit with the IQ of a Silverback Gorilla who would continue his ineptedness and goofing in governance (as was seen with celebrating Bode George, using as priority that he would build airport in all 36 states, not holding anyone responsible for subverting the constitution and usurping power when Yaradua was not lucid, not taken anyone to court for the Halliburton bribery, ediotic statements about the debacle in CIV, continued campaigning with Governor that killed 8 people on his way to the rally etc).
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by adconline(m): 4:41pm On Mar 19, 2011
Oh do shut up. For your information, MANY Nigerians DO support PDP for all sorts of reasons, not least because MANY Nigerians have seen their living standards and incomes RISE under the PDP govt. From lecturers to doctors, nurses, and bankers et al. Many Nigerians have actually done WELL under this govt. I know it's hard for you to accept that, but it's the cold hard TRUTH. Now bugger off

Another falsely padded assumptions without facts or another member of the looting council. Looks like your version of "TRUTH" is drawn from the dictionary of Truth written by Abacha, OBJ, Ghaddafi and Mubarak?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by gabreel: 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2011
[i]Bros.
it is well said and juxtapose, let's wait till then and watch what your incumbent president is here to offer.
antecedent and performance is nothing to write home about ;international relation is poor.
this is the era that we have a high expectation for who to deliver at a very fast time and at the same time a good jobs. but come to think of it. the era of try and luck we not work this time around bros. we n[/i]need a change
at the same time i am even praying for him to do this debate without no word like , the governor are rascal and all of sort. because people of different national will be watching this live.
folks join be in prayer so as not to be a laughing country in the comity of nation
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by yeswecan(m): 5:25pm On Mar 19, 2011
Jonathan is scared - simple. There is no need to twist things here.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by amurx(m): 6:31pm On Mar 19, 2011
his he nt d 1 dat said he would be attending ppppppppppphhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2011
See the way the Dictator/Fake pastor and Asiwaju concensus of Nigeria(ACN)supporters want to hang transformer because the Divine moving train decided not to attend the debate.When they were suppose to go for campaign,they sat down castigating GEJ.Now they needed short cut for their campaign,NO way!!! GEJ has decided not to attend it,so u guys should go ahead and do the obvious in London,USA by not voting him if any of you have a voter card at all.But for us the original Naijas abroad,we will go back home in 2 weeks time and vote for this divine moving train.Who want to die make him/her die we go carry ur body go police station because you die wrongfully.BUNCH OF HYPOCRITES AS IF WHATEVER GEJ would have said in debate would have changed their hate for him.I beg make una carry una bad belle go.those who will vote him will vote him
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Jackieugo(f): 7:29pm On Mar 19, 2011
This coward didn't show up to the debate undecided? Na wa o. What does that say of his dedication to his campaign and the presidency sef?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by passyjango(m): 7:30pm On Mar 19, 2011
It is only a ‘coconut head’ that shy away from examinations. An egg head will always be looking forward to take an exam as it affords him the opportunity to show off his smartness.

Winners are competitive; they always look for opportunity to compete with others, because at the end of the day winners know that you cannot win unless you compete. Losers look for excuses to avoid competition. GEJ is a loser, who will keep providing excuses on why things will remain the same in Nigeria. We cannot afford to wait another four years.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by wizsultan: 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2011
arrant nonsense!!!
i am irritated at the first post, the poster, and the fb guy, "plus including" dumb analyst in here.
GEJ is just a weak dumb embryonic failure,
Nigeria is just a joke, Mr President has time for dbanj and not more pressing issues,
bull-shit
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by DeepSight(m): 7:43pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^^ Simple truth which the primitive and psycologically traumatised masochist, Pro01 lacks the capacity to recognise!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by wizsultan: 7:50pm On Mar 19, 2011
Sagamite:

You forgot to analyse Goodluck Jonathan. Let me do it for you.

- Jonathan is a clueless, uninspirational dimwit with the IQ of a Silverback Gorilla who would continue his ineptedness and goofing in governance (as was seen with celebrating Bode George, using as priority that he would build airport in all 36 states, not holding anyone responsible for subverting the constitution and usurping power when Yaradua was not lucid, not taken anyone to court for the Halliburton bribery, ediotic statements about the debacle in CIV, continued campaigning with Governor that killed 8 people on his way to the rally etc).

Gbam!!!
wish u cud say more
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 7:59pm On Mar 19, 2011
wizsultan:

Gbam!!!
wish u cud say more

Let me indulge you, bruv.

Our President, the Retardeen with the IQ of a Siverback Gorilla was asked to define the term "Job Security" by Kokomaster.

Answer: "Assuming your'e doing your job on stage, performing and we start hearing Gun shots outside, there need to be security from such situation as you perform. . . ."
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nsiman(m): 8:05pm On Mar 19, 2011
How many debates do we have per electoral office? How many pple out of over 70m elegible voters watched it live? Just thank gej that he didn't participate but will participate in the one that will be aired on national stations and others including the radio
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nsiman(m): 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2011
How many debates do we have per electoral office? How many pple out of over 70m elegible voters watched it live? Just thank gej that he didn't participate but will participate in the one that will be aired on national stations and others including the radio
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by DeepSight(m): 8:10pm On Mar 19, 2011
Sagamite:

Our President, the Retardeen with the IQ of a Siverback Gorilla was asked to
define the term "Job Security" by Kokomaster.

Answer: "Assuming your'e doing your job on stage, performing and we start hearing Gun shots outside, there need to be security from such situation as you perform. . . ."

NOOOOO he didnt? someone tell me this aint true! God help us!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by passyjango(m): 8:11pm On Mar 19, 2011
Sagamite:

Our President, the Retardeen with the IQ of a Siverback Gorilla was asked to define the term "Job Security" by Kokomaster.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

OMG! Did he really say that? I have always called the guy a coconut head, but I never knew he was as bad as this. PHD indeed. With the rate of unemployment in Nigeria, a seating president does not know what job security is. If he did not understand the question a sensible person would have asked for a rephrase.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2011
Deep Sight:

NOOOOO he didnt? someone tell me this aint true! God help us!

passyjango:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

OMG! Did he really say that? I have always called the guy a coconut head, but I never knew he was as bad as this. PHD indeed. With the rate of unemployment in Nigeria, a seating president does not know what job security is. If he did not understand the question a sensible person would have asked for a rephrase.

Yeah, he did!  grin grin grin grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-626928.0.html
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Solomon227(m): 8:12pm On Mar 19, 2011
As una don see am wif your own eyes say God cannot send of a mediocre, a friend of looters, a friend of killers and a scared-crow in 1 man.

Please Buhari-Bakare need your vote to unseat the endemic evils that have been colonizing our lives. Please do the right thing brethren.

Vote for Buhari-Bakare

Tell your brother, sister, Uncle, Aunty, Lawyer, Doctor, housemaids, students, colleagues to vote for him also. We have no other country to call home. Let us do what is right.,.,.,

[size=24pt]Vote Buhari-Bakare 2011[/size] for the future of our children
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by naijaking1: 9:04pm On Mar 19, 2011
So, how many TV stations do we have in Nigeria? If everyone of them "organize" a presidential debate, do you expect any reasonable candidate to attend every one of them?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by passyjango(m): 9:19pm On Mar 19, 2011
naijaking1:

So, how many TV stations do we have in Nigeria? If everyone of them "organize" a presidential debate, do you expect any reasonable candidate to attend every one of them?

NN24 is not just any TV station. It is Nigeria's first truly 24 hours news channel. Let’s face it over a 100,000 viewers would have watched the debate live with many more to watch clips on Youtube and relay by other broadcasters. Even if only a 100,000 watched it, it is still a large enough platform, after all how many people attend those rallies that they spend millions to organise. The debate was free, just come and share your intellect. So, my friends GEJ has no excuse. He is only intellectually challenged.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by tlops(m): 9:22pm On Mar 19, 2011
naijaking1:

NN24 was the station that first made their intent known on organising a debate, if they were all asking then we can support your claim. GEJ simply refused because of the station denying him privy to the questions,

The truth is BON and NTA never had a plan for Debate, BON is now trying to make excuse for the president,
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 9:24pm On Mar 19, 2011
passyjango:

NN24 is not just any TV station. It is Nigeria's first truly 24 hours news channel. Let’s face it over a 100,000 viewers would have watched the debate live with many more to watch clips on Youtube and relay by other broadcasters. Even if only a 100,000 watched it, it is still a large enough platform, after all how many people attend those rallies that they spend millions to organise. The debate was free, just come and share your intellect. So, my friends GEJ has no excuse. He is only intellectually challenged.

Don't mind the mugu.

No 1, if all your worthy opponents agree, are showing up and it would be broadcasted and reported nationally and internationally, anyone more intelligent than a Silverback Gorilla would consider it important to show up.

No 2, any reservations about coverage reach can be discussed, negotiated and worked out in time since Retardeen knew about the debate in advance and knew all the other candidates have agreed to participate.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 9:59pm On Mar 19, 2011
The answer is simple - There was no Expo!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by marjson(m): 11:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
God save Nigeria from incapable hands.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Eagle75: 12:16am On Mar 20, 2011
@dayokanu
I guess many ppl here don't know the meaning of clueless

A man is mumu plus clueless and you expect something sensible from him?

Is like your sole mission on NL is just name callings to GEJ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Presides Over First FEC Meeting Of 2018 / President Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (Photos) / Breaking!!! Natural Gas Accidentally Discovered In Enugu (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.