Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,533 members, 7,812,655 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate (11922 Views)

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate / Gusau Did Not Attend Katsina College With Buhari – Fani-Kayode / Breaking News;jonathan Did Not Complete His Ph.d Course- Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by snthesis(m): 1:03am On Mar 20, 2011
Firstly, GEJ is d current president of Nigeria, and men! That is alot of responsibility, if you have eva being in a position of authority, albeit little, you would understand the meaning of the word "priority"

Secondly,there are billions of networks desperately seeking ratings/credibility, NN24 is no exception, its relatively new, not present on local stations, can only be viewed via DSTV which is Southafrican, and you expect the President of my country to attend a Presidential debate on such a platform-wtf!!!

Thirdly, NN24 played a deft gambit, in chess we call it a zung zwang- the aim is typically to force your opponent to ur will, fortunately GEJ didn't fall for d cheap blackmail and clueless pressuring from inept/biased journalist.

Finally, I would advise ppl should reason succinctly before posting, NN24 has no basis to xpect the C-I-C of d FGN to attend a debate, haba! !!wetin stop iya basira from holding one in her beer parlour, GEJ will attend a presidential debate for Nigerians, by Nigerians, to Nigerians.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Mar 20, 2011
^^^^^^ Congratulations, you have said nothing different and offered up yet NO MEANINGFUL reason for his absence there. grin grin grin grin Rejoice, you just delivered the same old script that many others have already done in the first 4 pages of this.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 1:12am On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

Firstly, GEJ is d current president of Nigeria, and men! That is alot of responsibility, if you have eva being in a position of authority, albeit little, you would understand the meaning of the word "priority"

Secondly,there are billions of networks desperately seeking ratings/credibility, NN24 is no exception, its relatively new, not present on local stations, can only be viewed via DSTV which is Southafrican, and you expect the President of my country to attend a Presidential debate on such a platform-wtf!!!

Thirdly, NN24 played a deft gambit, in chess we call it a zung zwang- the aim is typically to force your opponent to your will, fortunately GEJ didn't fall for d cheap blackmail and clueless pressuring from inept/biased journalist.

Finally, I would advise ppl should reason succinctly before posting, NN24 has no basis to xpect the C-I-C of d FGN to attend a debate, haba! !!wetin stop iya basira from holding one in her beer parlour,  GEJ will attend a presidential debate for Nigerians, by Nigerians, to Nigerians.

Another dumb contribution.

Why don't you read this thread and see how every line of your point has been rubbished.

Make an effing attempt. And you are the one advicing others to reason before posting?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by naijaking1: 4:15am On Mar 20, 2011
tlops:

NN24 was the station that first made their intent known on organising a debate, if they were all asking then we can support your claim. GEJ simply refused because of the station denying him privy to the questions,

The truth is BON and NTA never had a plan for Debate, BON is now trying to make excuse for the president,

They have been organizing presidential debates since 1999. What don't you understand about that?
So what's really the problem here?
Because nn24 is the first 24hr cable Tv, or because it featured 3 clueles Hausa guys debating and each hoping to become president of Nigeria
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

Thirdly, NN24 played a deft gambit, in chess we call it a zung zwang- [/b]the aim is typically to force your opponent to your will, fortunately GEJ didn't fall for d cheap blackmail and clueless pressuring from inept/biased journalist.
[/b]

Finally, I would advise ppl should reason succinctly before posting, NN24 has no basis to xpect the C-I-C of d FGN to attend a debate, haba! !!wetin stop iya basira from holding one in her beer parlour, GEJ will attend a presidential debate for Nigerians, by Nigerians, to Nigerians.

Yo, thanks for this. The misplaced sense of entitlement on the part of this ratings/credibility-seeking new station is mind-boggling. What is the basis for expecting the president to show up for their debate? Why are people not worried about the other parties' candidates that didn't show up (or is it only 4 parties that are fielding candidates)? If the president says he prefers a debate with a wider reach and greater credibility such as that organized by BON (for good reason), why not give him the benefit of the doubt?

The extent of uncouth condemnation and name-calling 'showered' on the president is entirely regrettable. What exactly is this man's crime? Is Nigeria any worse under his less-than one year stewardship than it was under the 8 wasted years of Obasanjo?

I guess his only crime is humility, a warm, approachable demeanour, and a friendly countenance. That's why so many nitwits are quick to call him "clueless" (whatever that means). Nigerians are too used to unsmiling dictators with strong-arm tactics (e.g. Obasanjo), be they as incompetent as ever (e.g. Obasanjo). As if a president's 'clue' and 'competence' is directly proportional to the harshness of his countenance and the meanness of his demeanour. This is why we might never move forward as a country. . .there are just too many confused buffoons prancing about as citizens.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by emekagh(m): 8:16am On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

Thirdly, NN24 played a deft gambit, in chess we call it a zung zwang- the aim is typically to force your opponent to your will, fortunately GEJ didn't fall for d cheap blackmail and clueless pressuring from inept/biased journalist.

Finally, I would advise ppl should reason succinctly before posting, NN24 has no basis to xpect the C-I-C of d FGN to attend a debate, haba! !!wetin stop iya basira from holding one in her beer parlour,  GEJ will attend a presidential debate for Nigerians, by Nigerians, to Nigerians.

I agree with this post 100%. Every Emeka, Kunle, and Mohammed just cant setup a TV station and bait the president to accord them patronage and cheap publicity. What exactly is NN24? When did they start broadcasting? How many Nigerians has access to them? Or was the preisdential debate supposed to be held twice? NN24 and BON? Or maybe as many times as some station organised a debate?

I strongly support GEJ boycotting the NN24 presidential debate. So far, I am satisfied with his efforts so far. His mistakes, missteps, an imperfections make him human. I would however like to conclude my assessment of him based on the BON debate. I wont be voting Buhari because he has been a military ruler who truncated democracy. In my opinion, he has nothing new to offer . He should be in jail by now or dead for treason. Ribadu lacked the repertoire experience or skill-sets to manage a country as complex as Nigeria.

I will pitch my tent with GEJ because:
1. I like his plans for the power sector. I believe it will work.
2. There wont be a fresh reversals of policies (that will cause Nigeria another three wasted years)
3. GEJ said he will rule for four years (hence he wont waste 3 years reversing policies and spendt another year campaigning for re-elections as would some other candidate learning the ropes.
4. GEJ is not corrupt nor inept as many would think (he might not be very articulate, but that is not a crime. If I want articulate President - Chris Okotie or Pat Utomi will earn my vote)
5. GEJ has brought stability to the country and system (that is why we have hope of free and fair election compared to the Obj years)
6. His plans for coastal area, and oil producing area will reverse migration and help decongest Lagos, and other parts of the country. His plans will boost employment)
7. GEJ is a silent performer, a hardworking introvert. That is not a crime
8. GEJ is and will continue to be a president for Nigeria (not a regional one)
9. GEJ is not the best Nigerian to lead us, neither is Buhari nor Ribadu. GEJ is simply better and better primed for the job.
10. I am not superstitious, but is there any of us here would wouldn't want a dose of Goodluck? Goodluck then to you my friends in Nairaland, in Nigeria, and beyond. I wish myself goodluck too.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by dejavume: 9:43am On Mar 20, 2011
IT'S PURELY WRONG FOR NN24 TO HOST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE.TRADITION CANT BE CHANGED ON THAT.BON WITH OTHER STATIONS HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR LONG.INFACT I IMAGINE THE NUMBER OF NIGERIANS THAT WATCHED THE DEBATE,COZ IT WASNT AIRED ON OTHER STATIONS.HOW OF NIGERIANS HAVE DSTV TO WATCH NN24,JOKE! JOKE!
LET THOSE THAT HAVE BEEN DOING IT CONTINUE WITH IT.NN24 DEBATE SHOWS HELD NO GROUND.
THIS IS NOT MATTER OF PDP OR NOT.
I ONLY UPDATED MYSELF ABOUT THE DEBATE ON NAIRALAND,COZ IT WASNT AIRED ON STATIONS.
LET THE DEBATE BE HELD ,THEN WE WILL KNOW IF GEJ IS CAPABLE OR NOT.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 10:07am On Mar 20, 2011
Can someone please inform me of the Presidential debate BON has ever hosted?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by batiatus(m): 10:13am On Mar 20, 2011
mr president u hv d rite nt attend because u dont nid our vote 2 be president.
I knw hw hard it is to defend pdp past achievement, so u expect questions like wats ur plan, wats ur plan, wats ur plan not did kind of questions asked by nn24.
BON would not ask you abt mend, y all 36 states must hv an airport, pdp corrupt leaders, october 1st, etc. Just wats ur plan 4 d country and then u can smile and recite 2 us ur 101 promises if elected.
Mr president till march 29.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Pataki: 10:19am On Mar 20, 2011
Even Patience Jonathan would have attended the presidential debate.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by rhymz(m): 10:28am On Mar 20, 2011
Seriously, I see no need for all these uneccessary brouhaha over GEJ's non-attendance of the debate organized by NN24 like he is obliged to grace them with his attendance. Let us give the man the benefit of the doubt and wait, aftetall he says he will be attending the one organized by a more reputable and wholly Nigerian debate organized by a BON with a better reach, coverage and standing than the relatively unknown NN24 that is desperately looking for recognition and ratings. Apart from people with DSTV connections, more than %90 of Nigerians still would not have been able to watch it as the channel is a cable channel, so wetin com be the whole yappin and yappin wey una dey yap d guy. Obviously, GEJ is not the only presidential aspirant that did not attend the debate, how come nobody is talking about others, like there was a concerted plan to embarrass him in the name of debating, he probably saw the handwriting on the wall and pulled out. And people should stop being ridiculous, GEJ can not attend every debate organized by every tom dyck and Harry and if he must attend one, it should be the one organized by a more reputable and recognizeable Nigerian channel with a sprawling reach across the country. Infact, GEJ dodged a bullet there not attending that debate, Buhari and Ribadu who wanted to please these insatiable Elite even though they clearly were not well prepared only turned out to be jackasses with their very mediocre performances, making Shekaru come off like a prof. From the point of view of a political analyst,the debate has only ended up casting a cloud of doubts over their capacity to understand the Nigerian problem even if that may not neccessarily be the case. That is what you get when you let people push you around even when you are not yet ready to do something. GEJ understood that and opted out to buy himself time and probably learn the mistakes of his rivals, at least from the NN24 debate, he would ve gotten a clue of the kind of questions to expect and how not to answer them, guaging from the responses so far from Nigerians to the arguments of the trio at the debate. If GEJ aint a political genius then what do you call that? Lol. . . This guy understand the game very well than most of his rivals, instead of falling for the bait by opposition, he made sure he turned the tables against opposition and made the oppositions debate themselves for once without using PDP as an excuse to conceal their own shortcomings and what was the result? A clueless bunch giving a mix of vague and emotional retorts to serious questions that demand clear, simple but well explained replies. The GEJ camp has displayed a rare political cunning by making all the opposition rise to bait and using them to test the waters, knowing all along that they will eventually debate. People should learn to see the political game of psychology going on-at first they had indicated interest then later they made you speculate by coming out to say the president "may" not attend the debate only to come out again to choose the one organized by BON which is even more recognized and better experienced and suited for such- I like the managers of GEJ's campaign, these guys will make good chess mates.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 10:51am On Mar 20, 2011
rhymz:

Seriously, I see no need for all these uneccessary brouhaha over GEJ's non-attendance of the debate organized by NN24 like he is obliged to grace them with his attendance. Let us give the man the benefit of the doubt and wait, aftetall he says he will be attending the one organized by a more reputable

I stopped reading at this.

He should attend ALL reputable ones especially when armed with the knowledge that ALL his main opponents are attending it and it would be broadcasted and reported by mainstream local and international media.

ALL!

If he can't make that kind of judgement, HE IS NOT FIT to lead a nation. I repeat, IF HE CAN'T MAKE THAT KIND OF JUDGEMENT, HE IS NOT FIT TO LEAD A NATION!

Even several foreign diplomats were there!

He is a man with the IQ of a Siverback Gorilla.

I repeat: ALL!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by naijangel7(f): 11:17am On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

I stopped reading at this.

LOL me too grin grin
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by snthesis(m): 11:23am On Mar 20, 2011
@Sagamite
I read d posts.
What is d basis of your argument? GEJ should attend every "credible" debate- what's your definition of credible? What makes NN24 debate credible? Have you ever considered d purpose of a debate? If the teeming populace  meant to view the debate and pass judgment is isolated (atleast 90%)- doesn't that make the debate "credible" but futile.

NN24 debate didn't have d Nigerian Populace @ heart, from a business point of view, d sale of DSTV decoders went up, small wonder the subscription rate is planned to go up.

ΰ r seemingly intelligent, but obviously comprehension is your achilles heel, so I adjure you to read slowly, like really really slowly- hope this helps.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by helphelp: 11:26am On Mar 20, 2011
BON my Arse, Gambo + Ebele = Gamble. The bastards have no manifesto for us, they would still not show up for the BON interview. Even if they have all the questions before hand, they would still fail

PDP = 4years of Agony

ACN, ANPP or CPC = Atleast a +ve change for the next four years

I pity we youths more.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 11:48am On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

@Sagamite
I read d posts.
What is d basis of your argument? GEJ should attend every "credible" debate- what's your definition of credible? What makes NN24 debate credible? Have you ever considered d purpose of a debate? If the teeming populace  meant to view the debate and pass judgment is isolated (atleast 90%)- doesn't that make the debate "credible" but futile.

This is similar to the silly question pro-gays ask to defend the indefensible: "What is normal?" and then distract from the substance, thinking they are smart.

Unfortunately for you, you are asking Sagamite, so it is a piece of cake.

SAGAMITE!

What is credible about the debate?

- It is organised by a reputable network. It is not an Akara joint or Ghana High or White House Amala with efo riro that is calling on the President to attend a debate.

- Better still, it is a local network without any partisan affiliation.

- ALL his main opponents had signed up to attend.

- The debate organised by the network had enough gravitas to be taken seriously by the local and international media.

- Even members of the foreign diplomatic community took it seriously and showed up.

- The debate had sponsorship by a few major international/foreign government development agencies/ministries that aim to help develop good governance in third world countries. (UNDP, DFID, CIDA, KOICA, EU)

- The station had already successfully hosted a VP debate that all the above was evident, so why did Silverback Gorilla not see its credibility?

Piece of effing cake with icing and muthafcking cherry on top question!

SAGAMITE!

Do you want to ask another question?

snthesis:

NN24 debate didn't have d Nigerian Populace @ heart, from a business point of view, d sale of DSTV decoders went up, small wonder the subscription rate is planned to go up.

ΰ r seemingly intelligent, but obviously comprehension is your achilles heel, so I adjure you to read slowly, like really really slowly- hope this helps.

What clunking rubbish!

Irrespective of reach, it is obvious to anyone with the slightest comprehension that the educated (be it 30%) Nigerians at home and abroad will be interested in this debate and seek to watch it through NN24 or any of the subsequent free media it will be posted at, so the reach would be significant and viewed by those that matter most to the Nigerian economy.

Even it you apply a little intellect, you will realise it will make more fcking sense for the president to have agreed and then negotiate how it can be connected to more networks with a wider, and to increase the, reach. Not turn it down. Instead Retardeen from Moronistan was more bothered about negotiating to see expo before exams and when he did not get it, he decided to cry that the Exam Board is not worthy of setting exams.

Now your Silverback Gorilla had to close comments on his FB page because the 30% decided to slaughter him.

Now what part of this do you not comprehend?

Feel free to highlight, you know I love to educate!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by snthesis(m): 12:25pm On Mar 20, 2011
@Sagamite
ΰ missed dis part below
ΰ r seemingly intelligent,but obviously comprehension is your achilles heel, so I adjure you to read slowly, like really really slowly- hope this helps.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 12:27pm On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

@Sagamite
I read d posts.

Are you taking Igbo on a Sunday morning?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

@Sagamite
ΰ missed dis part below
ΰ r seemingly intelligent,but obviously comprehension  is your achilles heel, so I adjure you to read slowly, like really really slowly- hope this helps.

Oh, you modified?

Yet this is all you could come up with as response to definition of credibility?

Are you dumb?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by snthesis(m): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2011
Eyah ΰ can't read to understand. You pickup one line and attack, without reading thru d logic of the post.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

Eyah ΰ can't read to understand. You pickup one line and attack, without reading thru d logic of the post.

It might be best to shut the hell up and reduce the intellectual battering!

The logic of the post is daft.

What has NN24 raising subscription rate got to do with a decision Silverback Gorilla has to make?

How does the fact a private for-profit business has interest in increasing revenue is a show-stopper for Retardeen's decision?

Even if it was one, does it not make sense (to those that have it and can comprehend) that the Pinhead of FRoN can negotiate it, instead of asking for expo?

Open your gob and chat another shyt, and see how you will be slaughtered.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by snthesis(m): 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2011
Like a child- ΰ utter gibberish

Can ΰ kindly reiterate ur grievance, so dat I can respond stepwise - since ΰ have successfully failed in comprehension
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by bisiaet: 2:27pm On Mar 20, 2011
Pls read more of the post below in www.sunnewsonline.com sunday edition

GEJ campaing threatened to expose the two presidential candidates and match them action for action in their avowed commitment to dent the image of President Goodluck Jonathan with the lies they had been peddling against him.
Omeri recalled that in 1984 General Buhari exhibited double standard in public administration by allowing 52 suit cases suspected to be filled with hard currency through his ADC into Nigeria without passing through the customs checkpoint for the usual mandatory customs clearance.

He said the development was a clear case of money laundering. “And we wonder what moral right such a candidate had to talk about anti- corruption”. The statement further said the case of Nuhu Ribadu, the erstwhile chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), was more shocking. According to the PCC, in 2007, while answering questions from the Senate on the alleged acts of corruption by some governors, Ribadu pointedly said that the corruption of former governor of Lagos State, Senator Bola Tinubu, was “of international dimension”.

It added, “Is it not curious that the same person with such a tag is now the political godfather of Ribadu and sole financier of his political campaigns?
“To also show Ribadu’s lack of faith in the anti-corruption fight, he recently said and we quote: “I won’t bother myself with the integrity of politicians that would fund my campaign. I will take corrupt politicians money for my campaign as far as the money is not put in my pocket.”

“What kind of role model is Ribadu and how can Nigerians believe him if he says he would jail corrupt politicians if he emerges the country’s president?

“Ribadu, by such posturing, has given Tinubu a clean bill of health, which is not only hypocritical, but evidence that given the same opportunity he would not have done better than the governors he had indicted.

Let the the almighty saint Ribadu and Buhari come and defend this please.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 2:33pm On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

Like a child- ΰ utter gibberish

Can ΰ kindly reiterate your grievance, so dat I can respond stepwise - since ΰ have successfully failed in comprehension

My grievance is here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-626780.128.html#msg7948366

Your lack of understanding of credible and you lame attempt to defend the indefensible of why the Silverback Gorilla cannot attend a debate.

Can you respond stepwise? We have been waiting since for the response even though everyone reading that knows my intellectual capability knows what the final outcome would be: "Your intellectual slaughter".
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2011
rhymz:

Seriously, I see no need for all these uneccessary brouhaha over GEJ's non-attendance of the debate organized by NN24 like he is obliged to grace them with his attendance. Let us give the man the benefit of the doubt and wait, aftetall he says he will be attending the one organized by a more reputable and wholly Nigerian debate organized by a BON with a better reach, coverage and standing than the relatively unknown NN24 that is desperately looking for recognition and ratings. Apart from people with DSTV connections, more than %90 of Nigerians still would not have been able to watch it as the channel is a cable channel, so wetin com be the whole yappin and yappin wey una dey yap d guy. Obviously, GEJ is not the only presidential aspirant that did not attend the debate, how come nobody is talking about others, like there was a concerted plan to embarrass him in the name of debating, he probably saw the handwriting on the wall and pulled out. And people should stop being ridiculous, GEJ can not attend every debate organized by every tom dyck and Harry and if he must attend one, it should be the one organized by a more reputable and recognizeable Nigerian channel with a sprawling reach across the country. Infact, GEJ dodged a bullet there not attending that debate, Buhari and Ribadu who wanted to please these insatiable Elite even though they clearly were not well prepared only turned out to be jackasses with their very mediocre performances, making Shekaru come off like a prof. From the point of view of a political analyst,the debate has only ended up casting a cloud of doubts over their capacity to understand the Nigerian problem even if that may not neccessarily be the case. That is what you get when you let people push you around even when you are not yet ready to do something. GEJ understood that and opted out to buy himself time and probably learn the mistakes of his rivals, at least from the NN24 debate, he would ve gotten a clue of the kind of questions to expect and how not to answer them, guaging from the responses so far from Nigerians to the arguments of the trio at the debate. If GEJ aint a political genius then what do you call that? Lol. . . This guy understand the game very well than most of his rivals, instead of falling for the bait by opposition, he made sure he turned the tables against opposition and made the oppositions debate themselves for once without using PDP as an excuse to conceal their own shortcomings and what was the result? A clueless bunch giving a mix of vague and emotional retorts to serious questions that demand clear, simple but well explained replies. The GEJ camp has displayed a rare political cunning by making all the opposition rise to bait and using them to test the waters, knowing all along that they will eventually debate. People should learn to see the political game of psychology going on-at first they had indicated interest then later they made you speculate by coming out to say the president "may" not attend the debate only to come out again to choose the one organized by BON which is even more recognized and better experienced and suited for such- I like the managers of GEJ's campaign, these guys will make good chess mates.

Rhymz, thanks for this. Even when one doesn't agree with your views, you never fail to make clear, coherent and logical arguments. . .and that is the hallmark of a truly educated soul. I can't disagree with any letter in this post.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by boycottam: 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2011
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate

Ans: He had to spend a day with his pet Lizard
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Gbenge77(m): 3:12pm On Mar 20, 2011
he hasnt got nothing to point to as his achievements since he assumed office.thats more cogent
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by texazzpete(m): 3:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
bisiaet:

Pls read more of the post below in www.sunnewsonline.com sunday edition

Let the the almighty saint Ribadu and Buhari come and defend this please.

I'm sure they will definitely move to defend themselves as soon as GEJ explains what happened to the strong case of money laundering linked to Dame Patience.
We'd also like the first family to take full responsibility for the lives lost during the Ill-advised sharing of rice in abuja last year.
Finally, we'd like your opinion on whether being seen with the likes of Anenih, Alams and Alao-akala is any better than being seen with Tinubu.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by emekagh(m): 3:32pm On Mar 20, 2011
rhymz:

Spot on rhymz,
While the oppositions are running helther skether participating in debates and talking craps, GEJ team have adopted the principle of political sagacity.
Not attending the NN24 debate is indeed an adept move to know his enemies.

My mentor Sun Tzu said in Art of War, Attack By Strategem
17. Thus we may know that there are five essentials
   for victory:
   (1) He will win who knows when to fight and when
       not to fight.
   (2) He will win who knows how to handle both superior
       and inferior forces.
   (3) He will win whose army is animated by the same
       spirit throughout all its ranks.
   (4) He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take
       the enemy unprepared.
   (5) He will win who has military capacity and is
       not interfered with by the sovereign.

18. Hence the saying:  If you know the enemy
   and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a
   hundred battles.  If you know yourself but not the enemy,
   for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
   If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will
   succumb in every battle.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by snthesis(m): 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
You like going round in cycles.

Qstn: ‎​Ɣ‎​‎​‎​ didn't GEJ attend d NN24 debate

Ans:
NN24 can't lay claim to any basis to host a presidential Debate. NN24 has  limited reach.
The teeming populace will not be carried along -i.e. NN24 is viewed only thru DSTV.
There exists already, a presidential debate platform  via BON, which has been conducting the debates ever since 1999.
The presidency has priorities attending debates organized by every kobojunkie, sagamite and blacksta isn't one of em, as it defeats d purpose- "massive outreach".

And in all honesty - when was the first time you heard of NN24? Now equate your response to d avg Nigerian who's onli access to information is via radio and probable local news,- hopefully you would see d futility of attending such a debate.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

You like going round in cycles.

Qstn: ‎​Ɣ‎​‎​‎​ didn't GEJ attend d NN24 debate

Ans:
NN24 can't lay claim to any basis to host a presidential Debate. NN24 has  limited reach.

The teeming populace will not be carried along -i.e. NN24 is viewed on thru DSTV.

BULL #1

Facebook has even more seriously limited reach but that never stopped the same Government from using it as means of reaching the MINORITY on a REGULAR basis.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 4:26pm On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

There exists already, a presidential debate platform via BON, which has been conducting the debates ever since 1999.

BULL #2

BON does not claim sole right to presidential debates . . . . . and it is a private entity in much the same way NN24 and so many others claim. I have already gone throigh this over and over now. Your repeating this line of reasoning DOES NOT negate the fact that it is BASELESS still.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors / Sack: NLC, Teachers Protest In Kaduna Despite Warnings From The Police / Saidu Dakingari, Others Join APC In Kebbi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.