Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,562 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:28 PM

Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate (11921 Views)

Buhari Boycotts Presidential Debate / Gusau Did Not Attend Katsina College With Buhari – Fani-Kayode / Breaking News;jonathan Did Not Complete His Ph.d Course- Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by DeepSight(m): 4:27pm On Mar 20, 2011
pro01:

I guess his only crime is humility,

Humility. It is "humble" to ignore a credible presidential debate that gives you an open chance to interface with the electorate through a series of queries. You call that humble. I can only conclude that you do not know the meaning of the word "humble." And that further cements the glaring fact that you belong to the class of people who would rather not see the emergence of an open democratic culture of exhange of ideas. This is what specifically ranks you as primitive and grossly  uneducated. You were clearly born to be oppressed, and i verily pray that you meet that obvious divine destiny in your life.

Far from being humble, his action shows the height of arrogance.

a warm, approachable demeanour,

Again this just sums up what i am saying. Are you high on something, paid by Jonathan, or just plain dumb. You state that he is "approachable." Wow, staying cooped up in Aso Rock during an open presidential debate is very "approachable" abi?

You are mentally, and specifically - grammatically - challenged.

Any sane person can see that that amounts to distancing himself from the minds of the electorate rather than being approachable. As someone has already noted, the only leader that can afford to do such is a leader that does not need your vote to win: and as such regards you and I as absolutely irrelevant. Such a leader must know that he intends to rig the election in any event.

Sir, I repeat: you are both illiterate and a professional clown.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by oluite(f): 4:29pm On Mar 20, 2011
At least he attended the scripted D'banj debate;speaking for the Nigerian youth!NN 24 probably doesn't do scripting?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by DeepSight(m): 4:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
An excursion into the terrors of violent psycotic confusion -
The incomprehensible and contradictory assessments of GEJ by Pro01 (Patient no 12753 at Yaba-Left)

Here, the patient describes his subject (GEJ) as "humble" in addittion to being "approachable" and 'friendly" -

pro01:

The extent of uncouth condemnation and name-calling 'showered' on the president is entirely regrettable. What exactly is this man's crime?

. . .

I guess his only crime is humility, a warm, approachable demeanour, and a friendly countenance.

Doctors are still studying the advanced forms of amnesia and multiple psycosis that could have therefore previously moved the patient to say the following about his same subject (GEJ) -

I'm repulsed by the unwieldy deployment of maximum state force to effect Ibori's arrest! After storming his hometown with a combined team of Army, Airforce, Police, SSS, and EFCC to arrest him dead or alive, the government further unleashed the INTERPOL on the accused. What for? Did he commit mass murder or terrorism?

For the avoidance of doubt, I must emphasize that I do not hold brief for Ibori. But I insist that the high-handed deployment of the full majesty of the state and full instrument of international (law) intruments to hunt him down is an aberration to say the very least.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-444610.0.html

The patient's schizophrenic defense of his subject over a negative action (not attending a debate) and condemnation of the subject for a positive action (arrest of a politician for corruption) remains a subject of avid research at the Lagos Institute for the Chronically Politically Demented.

Particularly troubling is that the patient (Pro01) describes his subject (GEJ) as BOTH HUMBLE AND HIGH-HANDED! ! ! !

Reuters shall keep the public informed of developments regarding the very dangerous mental state of this beleaguered and troubled patient who still suffers from multiple signs of CDPO (Chronic Desire for Political Oppression).

- - - Reuters
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Nobody: 5:01pm On Mar 20, 2011
Is this Deep Sighted Bat still (mis)quoting me? This mumu get time oh. Lol. . .my excitement knows no bounds. I'd lap up the well-deserved hero-worship while it lasts. Hope you've managed a decent meal today with your family of congenitally oppressed beggars. How many pricks your mama suck to put food on una table today?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by DeepSight(m): 5:07pm On Mar 20, 2011
pro01:

How many pricks your mama suck to put food on una table today?

You don't worry about my mama, she's doing just fine.

Better to spend your time reflecting on the conundrum of humble high-handedness, which you seem to espouse.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 5:40pm On Mar 20, 2011
snthesis:

You like going round in cycles.

Qstn: ‎​Ɣ‎​‎​‎​ didn't GEJ attend d NN24 debate

Ans:
NN24 can't lay claim to any basis to host a presidential Debate. NN24 has  limited reach.
The teeming populace will not be carried along -i.e. NN24 is viewed only thru DSTV.
There exists already, a presidential debate platform  via BON, which has been conducting the debates ever since 1999.
The presidency has priorities attending debates organized by every kobojunkie, sagamite and blacksta isn't one of em, as it defeats d purpose- "massive outreach".

And in all honesty - when was the first time you heard of NN24? Now equate your response to d avg Nigerian who's onli access to information is via radio and probable local news,- hopefully you would see d futility of attending such a debate.

I thought I told you at the very beginning to read the thread and see how every of these points you raised has been shredded?

And you still REPEAT them without tackling the shredding arguments?

Are you really that dumb?

pro01:

Is this Deep Sighted Bat still (mis)quoting me? This mumu get time oh. Lol. . .my excitement knows no bounds. I'd lap up the well-deserved hero-worship while it lasts. Hope you've managed a decent meal today with your family of congenitally oppressed beggars. How many pricks your mama suck to put food on una table today?

Ahhh! pro01 . . . . RUN! grin grin grin grin

Don't dare start with him, you know how he can pin your arguments down and gut it like the offal of a fish.

Just run! grin grin grin grin

Continue ignoring him o, don't dare give a long enough post for him to cut and dice you.

If he wants suya, tell him to wait another 2 hours and go to the corner of his street and buy from the Mala there, you no wan be suya tonight. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by PastorOla1: 5:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
No reason is good enough for GEJ's absence please, It is SHAMEFULL for our own President not to show up PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by EvilBrain1(m): 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2011
Here's why GEJ didn't show:

1. He knew NN24 was going to ask hard questions.
2. He couldn't get the questions ahead of time for someone else to answer for him.
3. He knows that he is not very bright despite his PhD.

I'm sure his Special Adviser for Thinking about Confusing Things must have done the math and realized that he was going to be publicly humiliated if he showed up.

IMHO dodging that debate is the smartest thing GEJ has done since he became president.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 5:55pm On Mar 20, 2011
Evil Brain:

Here's why GEJ didn't show:

1.  He knew NN24 was going to ask hard questions.
2.  He couldn't get the questions ahead of time for someone else to answer for him.
3.  He knows that he is not very bright despite his PhD.

I'm sure his Special Adviser for Thinking about Confusing Things must have done the math and realized that he was going to be publicly humiliated if he showed up.

IMHO dodging that debate is the smartest thing GEJ has done since he became president.

I am LMAO at the bolded.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

I completely agree.

What is he going to come and debate at the event?

How would he defend his Poverty Development Party and his incompetence? It would just be a plain slaughter.

His Special Advisors are smart people jor. They most likely did a dry run mock session, saw that this guy is goose if he goes and pulled out at the last minute (evident by the fact that a Presidential Bomb Squad had gone to the venue to sweep it in advance).
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by danidon: 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2011
Why are some Nigerians always myopic and easily carried AWAY. pLS WHO CAN INFORM ME HOW MANY PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES THAT USA HAD. Why is it that all of a sudden every one in Nigeria want to conduct a presidential debate and that the president must attend. NIGERIA'S PRESIDENTIA L DEBATE THAT EVERYPNE KNOWS IS COMING UP TOWARDS THE END OF THIS MONTH AND THATS THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE THAT HAS BEEN IN THIS COUNTRY.

Even the NN24 programme that was aired to DSTV subscribers, it was a sham performance from the pretenders that makes most of these noises. Lets wait until after the presidential debate and let me see how a policeman and a Soldier will beat a PHD, former lecturer and someone that has been in government consecutively in the last seven years/\.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Mar 20, 2011
danidon:

Why are some Nigerians always myopic and easily carried AWAY. pLS WHO CAN INFORM ME HOW MANY PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES THAT USA HAD. Why is it that all of a sudden every one in Nigeria want to conduct a presidential debate and that the president must attend. NIGERIA'S PRESIDENTIA L DEBATE THAT EVERYPNE KNOWS IS COMING UP TOWARDS THE END OF THIS MONTH AND THATS THE PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE THAT HAS BEEN IN THIS COUNTRY.

Even the NN24 programme that was aired to DSTV subscribers, it was a sham performance from the pretenders that makes most of these noises. Lets wait until after the presidential debate and let me see how a policeman and a Soldier will beat a PHD, former lecturer and someone that has been in government consecutively in the last seven years/\.

What rubbish!

How many stations are everyone you are referring to?

Clunking rubbish!

Highlight to me the Presidential debate BON has organised.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by rhymz(m): 7:43pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

I stopped reading at this.

He should attend ALL reputable ones especially when armed with the knowledge that ALL his main opponents are attending it and it would be broadcasted and reported by mainstream local and international media.

ALL!

If he can't make that kind of judgement, HE IS NOT FIT to lead a nation. I repeat, IF HE CAN'T MAKE THAT KIND OF JUDGEMENT, HE IS NOT FIT TO LEAD A NATION!

Even several foreign diplomats were there!

He is a man with the IQ of a Siverback Gorilla.

I repeat: ALL!
. . Sagamite are you in anyway saying GEJ is not entitled to choosing which debate to attend? By the way, what makes NN24 a reputable media house? These guys are barely 5months in the business. Or is it because it is affiliated to CNN or because they use Ipad and latest technolofy? I mean what makes them reputable? So because Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau attended, he must attend too even if it clashes with his campaign schedules and he can easily make up for it by attending another one with better reach and coverage. Come off it man, you can judge him by that wait until the 29th of march before calling him names and stuff.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Akainzo(m): 7:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
danidon:

Just to humor you, kindly tell me the following:
i. The date of the BON debate in 1999 and those that attended.
ii. The date of the BON debate in 2003 and those that attended.
iii. The date of the BON debate in 2007 and those that attended.

Please I need this to confirm the bolded part of your statement.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 8:06pm On Mar 20, 2011
rhymz:

. . Sagamite are you in anyway saying GEJ is not entitled to choosing which debate to attend?

Everyone has a liberty to do whatever they want to do but when you are a public official some liberties are taken away otherwise it damages one.

He has a liberty to not even campaign for ffs but not choosing to go to this debate makes it obvious his judgement is moooronic. If you factor in that he rather found time to be interviewed by Dbanj and then refused to go to this debate, then he has an IQ of a Silverback Gorilla.

Nigeria does not need a Silverback Gorilla to lead it at this stage of its existence.

rhymz:

By the way, what makes NN24 a reputable media house? These guys are barely 5months in the business. Or is it because it is affiliated to CNN or because they use Ipad and latest technolofy? I mean what makes them reputable?

I take it you were too busy and did not find time to read this?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-626780.128.html#msg7948366

rhymz:

So because Buhari, Ribadu and Shekarau attended, he must attend too even if it clashes with his campaign schedules and he can easily make up for it by attending another one with better reach and coverage. Come off it man, you can judge him by that wait until the 29th of march before calling him names and stuff.

Rubbish!

What campaign schedule?

No 1, where was he on the night of the debate? Not a few minutes away in Aso Rock?

No 2, what makes you think this is not a top campaign platform?

No 3, he was given enough time to slot such an important occassion in his schedule and anyone smarter than a Silverback Gorilla would move all other schedules to accommodate this, but Retardeen refused after he was told he would not get expo. Instead he found time at shorter notice for "Onitsha girls like koboko" interview.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by DeepSight(m): 8:13pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

Everyone has a liberty to do whatever they want to do but when you are a public official some liberties are taken away otherwise it damages one.

He has a liberty to not even campaign for ffs but not choosing to go to this debate makes it obvious his judgement is moooronic. If you factor in that he rather found time to be interviewed by Dbanj and then refused to go to this debate, then he has an IQ of a Silverback Gorilla.

Nigeria does not need a Silverback Gorilla to lead it at this stage of its existence.

I take it you were too busy and did not find time to read this?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-626780.128.html#msg7948366

Rubbish!

What campaign schedule?

No 1, where was he on the night of the debate? Not a few minutes away in Aso Rock?

No 2, what makes you think this is not a top campaign platform?

No 3, he was given enough time to slot such an important occassion on his schedule and anyone smarter than a Silverback Gorilla would move all other shcedules to accommodate this, but Retardeen refused after he was told he would not get expo. Instead he found time at shorter notice for "Onitsha girls like koboko" interview.

Well said bro.

The annoying thing is that these same goons supporting the boycott of the debate will be the same lads who will watch an American Presidential debate and wistfully dream of the day that Nigeria can have that level of open and direct democratic exchange. They would envy the beauty of the American open debate. But give them a chance to have something similar and it immediately becomes obvious that they are not yet ready for any improvement in their own local system! They sit about idly and defend a mighty snub dished out to them by their own president. Its simply shameful.

Anyhow, a people get the leadership they deserve. So if we wind up with a leader who thinks its not worthwhile to engage us in open discourse, then surely, that's just what we deserve.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2011
Akainzo:

Just to humor you, kindly tell me the following:
i. The date of the BON debate in 1999 and those that attended.
ii. The date of the BON debate in 2003 and those that attended.
iii. The date of the BON debate in 2007 and those that attended.

Please I need this to confirm the bolded part of your statement.

I have been waiting for this from those that have been saying that BON has always been the one to organise the Presidential debate. No one has answered me.

I will start calling out names.

Where is Pharoh, naijaking1, pro01, dejavume, danidon?

The floor is yours!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2011
Deep Sight:

Well said bro.

The annoying thing is that these same goons supporting the boycott of the debate will be the same lads who will watch an American Presidential debate and wistfully dream of the day that Nigeria can have that level of open and direct democratic exchange. They would envy the beauty of the American open debate. But give them a chance to have something similar and it immediately becomes obvious that they are not yet ready for any improvement in their own local system! They sit about idly and defend a mighty snub dished out to them by their own president. Its simply shameful.

Anyhow, a people get the leadership they deserve. So if we wind up with a leader who thinks its not worthwhile to engage us in open discourse, then surely, that's just what we deserve.

The stewpid excuses after stewpid excuses they deliver is shocking.

Blind followership!

Objectivity is a major part of high intellect.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by 0yewale(m): 9:01pm On Mar 20, 2011
why dont you just leave GEJ and concentrate on those that you people appreciate their lies
Go on, GEJ go take nigeria to the next level,
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by omanzo02: 9:16pm On Mar 20, 2011
We are exposing our hypocrisy again, go on guys u are doing just good in it, When Jar'Adua spoke to Nigeria via BBC from Saudi Arabia, he was called names and cursed, so u expect GEJ to feature in a debate organised by NN24 and CNN, right?, so explain to me why the English, US and french choose to debate on BBC, ABC and TFI repectively?.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 9:29pm On Mar 20, 2011
omanzo02:

We are exposing our hypocrisy again, go on guys u are doing just good in it, When Jar'Adua spoke to Nigeria via BBC from Saudi Arabia, he was called names and cursed, so u expect GEJ to feature in a debate organised by NN24 and CNN, right?, so explain to me why the English, US and french choose to debate on BBC, ABC and TFI repectively?.

You are reetarded!

You are comparing NN24 to BBC?

Who told you NN24 is foreign owned or focused?

You are comparing Yaradua refusing to speak to any local media for weeks with citizens not knowing where their President was and then granting interview to BBC to Jonathan being invited for a debate in Nigeria by a Nigerian company in Abuja?

So what if NN24 has content affiliation with CNN? So Cameron will not interview with Sky that is UK based and focused because it is owned by an Australian?

You are DUMB! STFU!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by omanzo02: 9:47pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

You are reetarded!

You are comparing NN24 to BBC?

Who told you NN24 is foreign owned or focused?

You are comparing Yaradua refusing to speak to any local media for weeks with citizens not knowing where their President was and then granting interview to BBC to Jonathan being invited for a debate in Nigeria by a Nigerian company in Abuja?

So what if NN24 has content affiliation with CNN? So Cameron will not interview with Sky that is UK based and focused because it is owned by an Australian?

You are DUMB! STFU!

Keep on shouting Mr Fool, NN24 dont have a wider reach, so dont blame GEJ for your illegality life in UK, U don't even live in Nigeria and from the way speak u dont know the reality on the ground than 'hear say'. NN24 can interview the president but dont have the constitutional legal basis to organise a presidential debate.

so go get a life.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by AjanleKoko: 9:52pm On Mar 20, 2011
No need to e-fight.
Let's just wait for the BON debates, if they eventually happen.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 9:54pm On Mar 20, 2011
omanzo02:

Keep on shouting Mr Fool, NN24 dont have a wider reach, so dont blame GEJ for your illegality life in UK, U don't even live in Nigeria and from the way speak u dont know the reality on the ground than 'hear say'. NN24 can interview the president but dont have the constitutional legal basis to organise a presidential debate.

so go get a life.

You are reetarded!

So your excuse is no more comparing BBC to NN24, now it is reach and constitution?

Mooron, who ever said it was a constitutional requirement that Silverback should attend?

What makes you think a network needs constitutional empowerment to organise a presidential debate?

Can you see how f'ed you are with the moooronic education you got?

Fooool!

AjanleKoko:

No need to e-fight.
Let's just wait for the BON debates, if they eventually happen.

Something tells me that either:

A) There will be some "technical glitch" that will make the BON debate be cancelled.

B) BON will do a format that favours Jonathan, e.g. provide expo to all (or only him) in advance OR have a completely biased facilitator that will protect him from tough questions.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by omanzo02: 10:17pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

You are reetarded!

So your excuse is no more comparing BBC to NN24, now it is reach and constitution?

Mooron, who ever said it was a constitutional requirement that Silverback should attend?

What makes you think a network needs constitutional empowerment to organise a presidential debate?

Fooool!

A) There will be some "technical glitch" that will make the BON debate be cancelled.

B) BON will do a format that favours Jonathan, e.g. provide expo to all (or only him) in advance OR have a completely biased facilitator that will protect him from tough questions.
NN24 dont have the recognition to organise a debate of that magnitude, tell your candidate BB and co to go do door to door campaigne if they really mean to reach out to the people.

Lol, Dude, my moroonic education has earned me the opportunity to contribute my quota to the industrial development of Nigeria.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Katsumoto: 10:21pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite:

You are reetarded!

Fooool!

Some people are just too funny; if NN24 is too small and doesn't have a large enough reach, why not ask CNN to organise the debate. Any concerned stakeholder with the means and resources can organise a debate. Even my 5 yr old nephew can organise a debate. If some obscure internet radio channel organises a debate and the republican candidate agrees to the debate, dem no born Obama make e no attend.

Rather for these guys to be concerned and scratch their heads why GEJ did not attend a debate, they are concerning themselves with irrelevant issues. What has the size of a TV station got to do with the pertinent issues that were going to be discussed?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by 9ijaMan: 10:34pm On Mar 20, 2011
What's all these noise about NN24 not having enough reach. A lot of my pals living within and outside 9ja saw the debate live online. Armed with a mobile phone, the debate was available for all to view. GEJ simply showed us whom he really is. All those who have been fooled to assume that he's humble now know better. I have known GEJ since his days as dep.gov and then governor in Bayelsa sate and I know for sure that humility is not one of the qualities he possesses.

And for those who talk about approachable, we all know that GEJ suffres from a multiple personality disorder, else how can one compare the total inconsistencies between his sermons on Facebook with the real GEJ as presented by D'Banj and as exposed by NN24. A PhD wielding president who is unable to define/explain the meaning of "job security" sure isn't worth the office he occupies!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by rhymz(m): 10:47pm On Mar 20, 2011
Sagamite, I am yet to fully understand your grouch over GEJ's non-attendance of NN24 debate, while you obsessed about it, you have repeatedly and deliberately chosen to conveniently ignore the fact that there is going to be another debate organized by the NDG. Why are you particular about that of NN24 like there is an agender or something close that you had expected. As for the history of the Nigerian presidential debates, here it is in a nutshell;
In 2003, It was organised by the Presidential Debate Steering Committee which was comprised of the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria, NPAN; the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria, BON; Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ; and the Guild of Editors. Thesame groups that are going to organise the march 29th debate.
In 2003 we had 9 contestants:
Major Mojisola Adekunle Obasanjo(Masses movement of Nigeria) vs Christopher Pere Ajuwa(Liberal Democratic party of Nigeria)
Abdul Kabir Balarabe Musa(people's redemption party) vs Sara Jibril(progressive action congress)
kalu idika kalu(New Nigerian People's party) vs Ferriara Anthonio Abayomi Jorge( Democratic Alternative)
ike Nwachukwu(national democratic party)vs Tunji Braithwait(Nigeria Advanced Party)
Jim Nwobod(United Nigeria people's party) vs Chris Okotie(justice Party)
Olusegun Obasanjo(pdp) vs Mohammedu buhari(ANNP)
which did not hold just like the one organized by thesame body in 1999 between OBJ and Olu Falae did not hold too.
In 2007 thesame NDGN organized the debates, it had Yaradua(who did not show up) Buhari, Pat Utomi, Okotie etc. So those of you trying to downplay the facts that the major organizers of the presidential debates has always been the NDGN which BON is a part of should take a chill pill and wait before jumping to conclusions.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by rhymz(m): 11:19pm On Mar 20, 2011
9ijaMan:

What's all these noise about NN24 not having enough reach. A lot of my pals living within and outside 9ja saw the debate live online. Armed with a mobile phone, the debate was available for all to view. GEJ simply showed us whom he really is. All those who have been fooled to assume that he's humble now know better. I have known GEJ since his days as dep.gov and then governor in Bayelsa sate and I know for sure that humility is not one of the qualities he possesses.

And for those who talk about approachable, we all know that GEJ suffres from a multiple personality disorder, else how can one compare the total inconsistencies between his sermons on Facebook with the real GEJ as presented by D'Banj and as exposed by NN24. A PhD wielding president who is unable to define/explain the meaning of "job security" sure isn't worth the office he occupies!

Guy, you obviously dont live in Niaja hence your ignorant claims of many Nigerians streaming it online using their phone. . Lol. You guys dont get it sha! NN24 is very very very unknown in Nigeria and the only reputation that they have is their affiliations with international media houses nothing more. Like I have said before these guys are barely 5months in the business, I wonder how suddenly all these repute and experience have become their hallmark after only a few months of running and testing. Infact, I would have been more worried if the Debate was organized by NDGN and Jonathan did not show up but a mere NN24 with an elitist viewership? 4ck who cares? If they were all about democracy and not business how come they did not give other local stations the right to show it to Nigerias without DSTV connections or they reckon having a sole right to do so will swell their viewership especially with GEJ to endorse it with his attendance. Unfortunately for them GEJ is looking out for his own interest just like them and he did what he felt was right to better his interests. Until we see the one on march 29th, it is folly and just pure hating dissing the man for sth he is yet to do.
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Sagamite(m): 11:40pm On Mar 20, 2011
omanzo02:

NN24 dont have the recognition to organise a debate of that magnitude, tell your candidate BB and co to go do door to door campaigne if they really mean to reach out to the people.

It does not have enough reach, and you Silverback did not have the sense to negotiate coalition-formulation to widen the reach, instead of embarassing himself by not attending?

It doesn't have enough reach? That is why Silverback had to close down comments on his FB page? grin

omanzo02:

Lol, Dude, my moroonic education has earned me the opportunity to contribute my quota to the industrial development of Nigeria.

No wonder Nigeria has the industrial development it has.

No wonder it is highly likely your experience is untransferable out of Nigeria.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rhymz:

Sagamite, I am yet to fully understand your grouch over GEJ's non-attendance of NN24 debate, while you obsessed about it, you have repeatedly and deliberately chosen to conveniently ignore the fact that there is going to be another debate organized by the NDG. Why are you particular about that of NN24 like there is an agender or something close that you had expected. As for the history of the Nigerian presidential debates, here it is in a nutshell;

My grouse with Jonathan Goofluck is his lame and mooronic judgement on attending the debate.

My grouse with Retardeen is that he is a waste of space and an incompetent man that ran from a debate.

rhymz:

In 2003, It was organised by the Presidential Debate Steering Committee which was comprised of the Newspaper Proprietors Association of Nigeria, NPAN; the Broadcasting Organisation of Nigeria, BON; Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ; and the Guild of Editors. Thesame groups that are going to organise the march 29th debate.
Major Mojisola Adekunle Obasanjo(Masses movement of Nigeria) vs Christopher Pere Ajuwa(Liberal Democratic party of Nigeria)
Abdul Kabir Balarabe Musa(people's redemption party) vs Sara Jibril(progressive action congress)
kalu idika kalu(New Nigerian People's party) vs Ferriara Anthonio Abayomi Jorge( Democratic Alternative)
ike Nwachukwu(national democratic party)vs Tunji Braithwait(Nigeria Advanced Party)
Olusegun Obasanjo(pdp) vs Mohammedu  buhari(ANNP)
which did not hold just like the one organized by thesame body in 1999 between OBJ and Olu Falae did not hold too.
In 2007 thesame NDGN organized the debates, it had Yaradua(who did not show up) Buhari, Pat Utomi, Okotie etc. So those of you trying to downplay the facts that the major organizers of the presidential debates has always been the NDGN which BON is a part of should take a chill pill and wait before jumping to conclusions.

Oh, so BON has NEVER organised a Nigerian Presidential debate?  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

As in NONE, NULL, NOTHING, NIL, NADA, ODO, ZILT, ZILCH, ZERO, ZIPPO?

So you want me to depend on, and are using as defence and an argument, a body that has failed to organise a debate THREE TIMES over one that had already organised a VP one successfully at first attempt?

So I should wait for another failure? And accept an argument that a body that has failed 3 times should be the one to have sole or main proprietorship of organising the Presidential debate? 

F me, Lord! grin grin grin grin grin grin

Was that what Silverback was depending on as I brilliantly (as usual) speculated above? A cancellation and failure to organise by BON?
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Akainzo(m): 1:43am On Mar 21, 2011
rhymz:

Olusegun Obasanjo(pdp) vs Mohammedu buhari(ANNP)

You are a retard! You have only posted up here that BON has NEVER organised a presidential debate but rather have always proposed one!
So to you, an organisation that has never done something should be respected and waited upon, than one that has put all plans in place to do one and has even done the Vice-Presidential debate. Cmon man, you can do better than this!
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by Kobojunkie: 2:05am On Mar 21, 2011
Oh !! So, now it is not the case that BON is the "traditional debate" [b]organizer [/b]but than BON has been the one major organization "Tradition Debate" [b]Proposer [/b]in Nigeria? grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Reason Why Jonathan Did Not Attend The Presidential Debate by naijaking1: 3:20am On Mar 21, 2011
Why did NN24 refuse to have Chris Okotie and Pat Utomi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

'I Don’t Know The Whereabout Of IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu' – Abia State Governor / PDP Holds 76th NEC Meeting / Jonathan To Empower Ministers Against Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.