Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,056 members, 7,953,191 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks (12692 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / African Union Should Withdraw From Somalia- From A Somali / African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by kayuse2000: 7:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
@Justwise, you are missing my point. I want to see Gadaffi out however he has acted the way any government will act, legitimate or illegitimate. You CANNOT have one rule for Libya and another for Bahrain.

You also do not have the right (whether given by the UN) to “covertly” change the government of a sovereign state.

There were other options that could have been explored which they chose to ignore e.g

1.) THEY COULD HAVE SENT INTERNATIONAL OBSERVERS IN, AUTHORISED BY THE UN.
2.) MEDIATION.
3.) SEND IN A PEACE KEEPNG FORCE IF MEDIATION FAILS.

What they want is a change in government which is a dangerous precedent to set. The only people that can liberate Libya are Libyans.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by darkman200: 7:36pm On Mar 20, 2011
AU is a joke, i have spent all day on blog sites responding to numerous ignorant white folks that think AU means the whole African population, by trying distinguish between the corrupts leaders that constitute the AU and the African people themselves. The red neck racists have all jumped on this making fun of such retarded position taken by AU without displaying any sense of comprehension of the circumstances that brought Libya to where it is today. Where the heck was AU when Gadaffi was killing and shooting at un-armed protesters?
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Guylan(m): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
Not surprised by the AU decisions, after all, most of them are tyrants and sit tight presidents like Ghadafi. Birds of the same feather fly together
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by coldhearts(f): 7:41pm On Mar 20, 2011
grin if AU is a joke, then so is the EU, and so is the UN wink cos if we can't act with restraint and dialogue as humans, then we are all jokes tongue.
By the way did those radioactive particles from japan reach the us yet, what's should we expect next cos since the market crashed, there's been too many coincidences. Not sure what to believe anymore.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

Reread my statement, I am pointing out hypocrisy. Can't you comprehend? Or should I "dumb it" down for you?

I am not a fan of the West involvement in other countries, so take your statement somewhere else.

U made ur point there now move on.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 7:45pm On Mar 20, 2011
kayuse2000:

@Justwise, you are missing my point. I want to see Gadaffi out however he has acted the way any government will act, legitimate or illegitimate. You CANNOT have one rule for Libya and another for Bahrain.
You also do not have the right (whether given by the UN) to “covertly” change the government of a sovereign state.
There were other options that could have been explored which they chose to ignore e.g
1.) THEY COULD HAVE SENT INTERNATIONAL OBSERVERS IN, AUTHORISED BY THE UN.
2.) MEDIATION.
3.) SEND IN A PEACE KEEPNG FORCE IF MEDIATION FAILS.[/b]What they want is a change in government which is a dangerous precedent to set. The only people that can liberate Libya are Libyans.
Those doesn't work with [b]Gadaffi there is no bases for killing his own pple cos they spoke out. Egypt kept the Army out of it, the army refused to kill their own pple but Gadaffi is a heartless human being, he deserve what he is getting now.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by thtown: 7:46pm On Mar 20, 2011
African Union "Demands". , grin grin
You can only demand if you are worth anything or have credibility. The AU is garbage
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 7:47pm On Mar 20, 2011
thtown:

African Union "Demands". , grin grin
You can only demand if you are worth anything or have credibility. The AU is garbage

THANK YUO!!!!!!!!!
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by kayuse2000: 7:50pm On Mar 20, 2011
@Justwise, you can't say an approach or strategy will not work until you try it.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 7:52pm On Mar 20, 2011
kayuse2000:

@Justwise, you can't say an approach or strategy will not work until you try it.

Not with Gadaffi, he is a killer and doesn't deserve to be treated with respect. AU knew they are useless that was why they kept quiet while the killing was going on.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by fe32(m): 7:55pm On Mar 20, 2011
i think we are missing  d point here,

quadaffi started the shelling,

the whole world called for caution but this never stopped

his son came on air to promise war on protesters (the biggest disappointment in this whole saga, if there was going to be diplomacy, saif al islam is the key to it. siding with daddy obviously was the wrong move  which i'm sure he is regretting now)

the father called them , rats , said that he will cleanse benghazi house to house(cleanse = kill)

he brought in merceneries from chad to slaughter protesters on the streets of benghazi and don't forget the green square masacre when tripoli residents came out to join the protest

all the world and the ARAB league condemned his actions and ask him to stop but he wouldn't

army generals started defecting because of this brutality, publicly backing th revolution

but the libyan army isn't well armed because quadaffi never trusted his army. He had the sadam kind of revolutionary guard

quaddaffi kept giving threat speeches on the uprising and anyone who was watching or hearing any of these speeches will know that something is wrong with this guy

, the people had no options but to defend themselves against the black mercenaries who were killing anything that moved,

, the uprising started declaring cities after city as free libya but they knew quadaffi guards will return,

, with high level weapons on ground and in the air,

, libyans said they do not want foreign army on ground but that quaddaffi air power be removed to create a level playing ground, hence a no-fly zone

, obviously there is no going back, if they go back to accept quadaffi, the cleasing that was done in 2006 in libya will repeat itself

, quadaffi started this and he made the verdict, there will be no mercy

, the whole world started calling for UN intervention in the form of no fly zone,

, now we have one and we are calling them names, i'm sure the people dying in misurata , al zawiya, benghazi, zintan, tubruk,  ad jabiya don't think so

this is no aggression, this is a -not alright man- on rampage

the AU never said anything against this killing until this joke of a statement. even when quadaffi was causing a black hate on thousands of africans in libya; either working or waiting to cross the Mediterranean because of his tactics of using mercenaries from sub-sahara africa. nothing was said. now it will be very difficult for any black to live in this region because of this barbaric act. the were the issues we expected the AU to tackle
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by double0george(m): 7:59pm On Mar 20, 2011
hahaaaahhahahahahaaaahhaaaahahhaaa, dis gaddafi guy na clown,, lol,, now all his doin is talkin about cease fire,and tryin 2assure international bodies dat dis cease fire is for real, lol, d guy is in denial,, i tink say en no dey fear, big fool playin God,
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by OJOnuh: 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2011
Am surprised about comments in support of Gaddafi. The man is delusional, his lost connection with this modem times. Before, the the people took arms to defend themselves he called thm al-queada, that they are under the influence of drugs. First he brought in mercenaries to kill his people. Then he called them terrorist. He told them he will show no mercy. Should a leader in the name of sovereignty kill his people? How many leaders in the western world or America would authorize the killing of its citizens. Those who condemned the west should know thai this is a UN resolution and this persons persons that condemned the intervention have a very myopic level of reasoning. Be informed that till now none of the foreign medials have confirm the claim that civilians are been tagged or killed. This man could do any thing to get sympathy. The man is completely out of touch with modem times. You will be surprised that in his state tv interview via telephone he was telling his people that the west are in support of Libya encouraging civilians to pick arms. Neither Gaddafi nor His Children now appears in public. They have gone hiding. For AU they are just far behind in dealing with world affairs. In 1994 the world was blamed for the killings in Ruwanda, not because the killed civilians their but because it failed to intervene on time. Thanks to them they have finally shown the world their level of greed, foolishness and kack of judgement.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 8:11pm On Mar 20, 2011
this ghadafi of a thing,
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Parnassuss(m): 8:14pm On Mar 20, 2011
screw the AU!!!
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by OJOnuh: 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2011
The revolution going on in the Arab world today is one which Europe had long or century ago experienced during the reign of the kings and religious leaders. Am really glad the revolution is happening now cos it will go a long way in stabilizing the region religiously and politically. What they are seeking is for them to vote in their leaders.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Superbrain(m): 8:18pm On Mar 20, 2011
So Gaddafi has supporters in Nigeria? Interesting!

[size=16pt]AU should go to hell![/size]

A psychotic man is fighting the very same people he ought to protect and some folks are here ranting that UN intervention is wrong? I don't blame all of you. Same thing PDP has been doing for 12 years yet some people will still vote them into power.

Gaddafi, your game is up. Even psychotic dumb men like you in the AU can't save you this time. The revolution has begun and is spreading. We haven't seen the last of it yet.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Builder: 8:26pm On Mar 20, 2011
It is absolutely crazy for anyone to think the west are in libya to fight for democrazy or the rights of libyans,  the west in their corrupt wisedom are in libya for the obvious which is oil, in as much as i despise Ghadafi and his sons the west actions are reminiscense of iraq. Afterall, its it the west arming the rebels of libya with weapons of all sorts to sort out Gadafi, and when they fail to succeed David Cameron decided to join patnership with france et al at the UN to bomb God knows what.

Noam Chomsky said so himself in a recent BBC interview, In the quest for oil and power, the US and its allies will pull out the stops to prevent any really functioning democrazy from developing in the arab world

Its good to see the the rebels in Libya happy, i just hope their happiness last, before the NATO bombs starts crushing them, and God knows what will happen when the bombs eventualy stops, the weapons supplied to the rebels by the west and suicide bombing then take over,  why the world is sooo forgetful about the happenings in iraq baffles me a great deal. Like a great mind once said, we live in a beautiful world but ugly souls press the button.

And with regards to the AU, i rest my case

PS. To understand more on what happened in iraq and libya, this film says it all     www.zeitgeistaddendum.com
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by kayuse2000: 8:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
No one is supporting Gadaffi, people are questioning the intentions of the UN intervention, it's that simple. The same questions are being asked by the international media i.e. why not Bahrain too?

Liberty comes at a price, if you liberate yourself you probably will pay with your blood, if you get liberated then you owe your liberator!

Libyan's will know the true meaning of the bolded if and when the west liberates them!
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by coldhearts(f): 8:30pm On Mar 20, 2011
The comments by some here wont change what people already know and believe cos humans are not robots. Many remember Iraq.
http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2008/02/ted_zimbardo

It is not about Gaddaffi as much, it is about Sovereign nation, Europe/America and  Oil, not the mention to impact of displacement of the libyan people.
Europe doesn't have to be on African soil killing its people. Afghan and Iraq are a mess today, not to mention the financial meltdown in wall street.  

AU finally got something right and hopefully they continue on the right path with international support. It is not about supporting the libyan leader, it is about doing things the right and lawful way including dialogue.

Libya is a sovereign country with a lot resources and invested interest so this leads to a dangerous action in an information age. I sense a slippery slope here-any country can go to another and bomb its leader/citizens based on its interest.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Superbrain(m): 8:33pm On Mar 20, 2011
Builder:

It is absolutely crazy for anyone to think the west are in libya to fight for democrazy or the rights of libyans,  the west in their corrupt wisedom are in libya for the obvious which is oil, in as much as i despise Ghadafi and his sons the west actions are reminiscense of iraq. Afterall, its it the west arming the rebels of libya with weapons of all sorts to sort out Gadafi, and when they fail to succeed David Cameron decided to join patnership with france et al at the UN to bomb God knows what.

Noam Chomsky said so himself in a recent BBC interview, In the quest for oil and power, the US and its allies will pull out the stops to prevent any really functioning democrazy from developing in the arab world

Its good to see the the rebels in Libya happy, i just hope their happiness last, before the NATO bombs starts crushing them, and God knows what will happen when the bombs eventualy stops,  the weapons supplied to the rebels by the west and suicide bombing then take over,   why the world is sooo forgetful about the happenings in iraq baffles me a great deal. Like a great mind once said, we live in a beautiful world but ugly souls press the button.

And with regards to the AU, i rest my case

PS. To understand more on what happened in iraq and libya, this film says it all     www.zeitgeistaddendum.com

I agree with you to an extent. There is always vested interest. What do you expect them to do? Sit down and watch their investments and interests go down the drain? My main concern here is the civilians in Libya. Maybe you haven't witnessed a war situation yet  but trust me, all that'll be on your mind if you were caught in the middle is PEACE. Libyans want a better government and they have a right to that even if it means the UN has to intervene (with ulterior motives) on their behalf. To the UN, it means killing two birds with one stone. wink
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Superbrain(m): 8:41pm On Mar 20, 2011
coldhearts:

The comments here won't change what people already know and believe even if repeated a thousand times cos humans are not robots. Many remember Iraq.
http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2008/02/ted_zimbardo

It is not about Gaddaffi as much, it is about Sovereign nation, Europe/America and  Oil, not the mention the impact of displacement of the libyan people.
Europe doesn't have to be on African soil killing its people. Afghan and Iraq are a mess today, not to mention the financial meltdown in wall street.  
AU finally got something right and hopefully they continue on the right path with international support. It is not about supporting the libyan leader, it is about doing things the right and lawful way including dialogue.
Libya is a sovereign country with a lot resources and invested interest so this leads to a dangerous action in an information age. simple  undecided

Very logical point but one thing you must realize is that African leaders are not trained to dialogue or follow due process. The UN action is not justified in anyway, considering the motive behind their action, neither is Gaddafi's. The only language these African leaders (the dictators) understand is violence. They can't handle it. It brings out the animal instinct in them. You want to know the true character of a man? PUSH HIM TO THE LIMITS! Of utmost concern here is the lives of the Libyans. If a government is failing and opposition calls for a change, why can't the government defend itself legally? Because the government is the executive, legislature and judiciary and in most countries, the POPULACE. Let's be concerned about out fellow brothers in Libya. Their lives is all that matters.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Areaboy2(m): 8:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
what kind of stupid propaganda video is that? undecided
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 8:45pm On Mar 20, 2011
Area_boy:

what kind of silly propaganda video is that? undecided

Are you suprised?
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by coldhearts(f): 9:03pm On Mar 20, 2011
@superbrain,
I see where you're coming from but i disagree with pushing people to the limit. Perhaps we should dialogue and try to find common grounds or even accept loss rather than push people to the limits.

BTW to say that African leaders only understand violence is not right cos the same can be said of European leaders - there's protest there from budget cuts to practically anything and brutal intimidation/treatment by the police on these students and protesters in general. now does that mean some other country should intervene when it gets worse- which it will.

Lastly, There's no govt without some opposition groups these days. Now i don't want to compare cos it's hard to know the real situation in libya or uk when the media simply blabs on these days.

My point still stands.Perhaps EU might want to go Iraq and show some responsibility there before creating a new mess- one that can end up very costly.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Becomrichn: 9:08pm On Mar 20, 2011
the
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by OJOnuh: 9:10pm On Mar 20, 2011
justwise:

. . and you have to be foolish to sit and watch your fellow African killed by their own leader. Why do u need to be begged b4 u stop killing your own pple? Why do u have to wait untill the West begged u to stop killing your own pple?

Thanks for you comment. In the Arab Nations these leaders are not been voted for so also in most of the African countries. What these people are fighting for is a constitutional government where the powers are spell out. Countries like Cote d voire, liberia, Zair, and many faces(ed)  alot of crisis due to this. In Nigeria OBJ tried hard to elongate his tenure but due to our constitution we succeeded in fighting him out. These struggle by the people are been carried out by peaceful demonstrations, no destruction of government properties or treat to lives of others. These demands are not from opposition parties or politicians it is by the people. And what the leaders would is to welcome them with police brutality thereafter the arm force. Then the world will now begin to beg such leader to stop the killing of his own people in the name of sovereignty.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Blazing99: 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2011
The UN is only going to make the situation worse. Ghadaffi's trying to put his nation under control. He is not killing civillians, he is killing the rebels. If u take up a gun and fight against any government, u're like commiting suicide. If he was massacring his people how come it's less than 2000 dead so far. Now the UN supported by the world's superpowers now invovle themselves in this conflict that could worsen the civil war that is almost over.

I am not a Ghadaffi supporter, but I have a conscience to differentiate good from evil. If Ghadaffi was a madman, the west termed him to be why did he abandon a $500 million nuclear project for peace in Libya. He's got his problems but his country is far better than 75% of all African countries. Would a mad mothafucka achieve this.

The UN's act is killing civillians and is therefore no better. I hope Saif, Ghadaffi's first son, convinces his father to give in. These counties are far more powerful than Libya

Supporting UN is being dumb and accepting whatever the world powers say and letting them give you a conscience. Diplomacy MUST be engaged to ease this issue.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by eghost247(m): 9:28pm On Mar 20, 2011
Blazing99:

The UN is only going to make the situation worse. Ghadaffi's trying to put his nation under control. He is not killing civillians, he is killing the rebels. If u take up a gun and fight against any government, u're like commiting suicide. If he was massacring his people how come it's less than 2000 dead so far. Now the UN supported by the world's superpowers now invovle themselves in this conflict that could worsen the civil war that is almost over.

I am not a Ghadaffi supporter, but I have a conscience to differentiate good from evil. If Ghadaffi was a madman, the west termed him to be why did he abandon a $500 million nuclear project for peace in Libya. He's got his problems but his country is far better than 75% of all African countries. Would a mad mothafucka achieve this.

The UN's act is killing civillians and is therefore no better. I hope Saif, Ghadaffi's first son, convinces his father to give in. These counties are far more powerful than Libya

Supporting UN is being dumb and accepting whatever the world powers say and letting them give you a conscience. Diplomacy MUST be engaged to ease this issue.

Diplomacy must be engaged true
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 9:30pm On Mar 20, 2011
Blazing99:

I am not a Ghadaffi supporter, but I have a conscience to differentiate good from evil. If Ghadaffi was a madman, the west termed him to be why did he abandon a $500 million nuclear project for peace in Libya. He's got his problems but his country is far better than 75% of all African countries. Would a mad mothafucka achieve this. The UN's act is killing civillians and is therefore no better. I hope Saif, Ghadaffi's first son, convinces his father to give in. These counties are far more powerful than LibyaSupporting UN is being dumb and accepting whatever the world powers say and letting them give you a conscience. Diplomacy MUST be engaged to ease this issue.

Are you joking or what? Who are the rebels? I take ur whole post as a bad joke anyway.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by eghost247(m): 9:39pm On Mar 20, 2011
PARIS SUMMIT FOR THE SUPPORT TO THE LIBYAN PEOPLE
19 March 2011

At the invitation of President of the French Republic, M. Nicolas SARKOZY, Mr. Ban
Ki Moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations ; Mr. José Luis Zapatero, President
of the Government of the Kingdom of Spain, Mrs. Angela Merkel, Federal Chancellor
of Germany ; Mr. Steven Harper, Prime Minister of Canada; Sheikh Hamad Bin
Jassem, Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affaires of the State of Qatar ; Mr.
Donald Tusk, President of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Poland ; Mr.
Lars Loekke Rasmussen, Prime Minister of the Kingdom of Denmark ; Mr. Silvio
Berlusconi, President of the Council of Ministers of the Italian Republic ; Mr. George
Papandreou, Prime Minister de la Hellenic Republic ; Mr. Jens Stoltenberg, Prime
Minister of the Kingdom of Norway ; Mr. Yves Leterme, Prime Minister of the
Kingdom of Belgium ; Mr. David Cameron, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland ; Mr. Mark Rutte, Prime Minister of the Kingdom
of the Netherlands ; Mr. Amr Moussa, Secretary-General of the League of Arab
States ; Mr. Herman Van Rompuy, President of the European Council ; Mrs.
Catherine Ashton, European Union High Representative for Foreign affairs and
Security policy ; Mr. Hoshyar Mahmoud Zebari, Foreign minister of the Republic of
Irak ; Sheikh Abdullah Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Foreign minister of the United Arab
Emirates ;Mrs. Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State of the United States of America ;
Mr. Nasser Joudeh, Foreign minister of the Kingdom of Jordan ; Mr. Taïeb Fassi-
Fihri, Foreign minister of the Kingdom of Morocco.
At the end of the summit, the following declaration was adopted:
Since 15 February this year, the Libyan people have been peacefully expressing the
rejection of their leaders and their aspiration for change. In the face of these legitimate
requests coming from all over the country, the Libyan regime has carried out a
growing brutal crackdown, using weapons of war against his own people and
perpetrating against them grave and massive violations of humanitarian law.
Despite the demands which the Security Council expressed in UNSCR 1970 on 26
February, despite the condemnations of the Arab League, African Union, Organization
of the Islamic Conference’s Secretary-General and European Union, as well as verymany governments in the world, the Libyan regime has stepped up its violence in
order to impose by force its will on that of its people.
This situation is intolerable.
We express our satisfaction after the adoption of UNSC 1973 which, inter alia,
demands an immediate and complete ceasefire, authorises the taking of all necessary
measures to protect civilians against attacks and establishes a no-fly zone over Libya.
Finally, it strengthened and clarified the arms embargo vis-à-vis the Libyan regime
and the rules applicable to the Libyan asset freeze, in particular on the National Oil
Company, and travel restrictions against the Gaddafi’s regime.
While contributing in differentiated way to the implementation of UNSCR 1973, we
are determined to act collectively and resolutely to give full effect to these decisions.
Muammar Gaddafi and those executing his orders must immediately end the acts of
violence carried out against civilians, to withdraw from all areas they have entered by
force, return to their compounds, and allow full humanitarian access. We reiterate that
the Security Council took the view that Libyan regime’s forces actions may amount to
crimes against humanity and that, to this end, it has referred the matter to the
International Criminal Court.
We are determined to take all necessary action, including military, consistent with
UNSCR 1973, to ensure compliance with all its requirements.
We assure the Libyan people of our determination to be at their side to help them
realise their aspirations and build their future and institutions within a democratic
framework.
We recall that UN Security Council resolution 1973 does not allow for any occupation
of, or attempt to occupy the Libyan territory.
We pay tribute to the courageous action of the Libyan National Transition Council
(NTC) and all the Libyans in positions of responsibility who have courageously
disassociated themselves from the Libyan regime and given the NTC their support.
Our commitment is for the long term: we will not let Colonel Gaddafi and his regime
go on defying the will of the international community and scorning that of his people.
We will continue our aid to the Libyans so that they can rebuild their country, fully
respecting Libya’s sovereignty and territorial integrity.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by darkman200: 10:33pm On Mar 20, 2011
Blazing99:

I wonder if some people like you actually understand what is going on. You probably didn't realize that the so called rebels were peaceful protesters that were being unnecessarily gunned down by Qaddafi's gun totting thugs, and as it is in all human natures, the instinct to survive and fight back kicked in and we are here we are today, Qaddafi is the terrorist and the so called rebels are the real Libyans, the opposition is made up of intellectuals and well respected members of the Libyan society compared to this lunatic and egomaniac Colonel and his sons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Canada Foils 'major Terrorist Attack' / Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports / Collation Of The Liberian Election Results (Live Online Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.