Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks (12693 Views)

Haiti Joins African Union / African Union Should Withdraw From Somalia- From A Somali / African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by 4real(m): 5:31pm On Mar 20, 2011
@buzugee apart from big grammar you failed to make sense of anything really, our people are there because there governments are working to make there country a better place, do you have any idea how many people travel to Libya to work, did you watch the news to see how many workers left does that look like a country like yours where there is no job or light which they have in Libya, so what wealth are you talking about, that it is OK for the western world to come and destroy a country like they did to Iraqi and kill thousand of people for there selfish needs are you that blind
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 5:33pm On Mar 20, 2011
4real:

@buzugee apart from big grammar you failed to make sense of anything really, our people are there because there governments are working to make there country a better place, do you have any idea how many people travel to Libya to work, did you watch the news to see how many workers left does that look like a country like yours where there is no job or light which they have in Libya, so what wealth are you talking about, that it is OK for the western world to come and destroy a country like they did to Iraqi and kill thousand of people for there selfish needs are you that blind

Wake up from that dream, nightmare
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by dejiariyo1: 5:34pm On Mar 20, 2011
justwise:

You are not making any sense, u are against war but u don't see anything wrong with Libyan govt killing his own pple. Lets top blaming America and face our prob.

I laugh at comments like this, in 3 hrs of the invasion 44 pple have already lost their lives, when you want to bring peace to a nation you dont go there with missiles and war planes cause the civilians will be the ones to die, Iraq is an example , so this is a loose loose situation for the people of Libya.

my fear of such military intervention is who are u bombing? aerial bombing is not precise, how do u identify supporters or rebels?
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by solajacobs(m): 5:35pm On Mar 20, 2011
i wonder what the african union were doing when gadafi was killing his people,
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by 4real(m): 5:37pm On Mar 20, 2011
there you go again, am not up for anything my friend i don't like any kind of killing, are you saying it would be fair for the us and UK government to come to Nigeria and want to remove our government because the minority in the Niger delta are being cheated, i dint see them or here them say anything when the army killed everybody in a village in the Niger delta did you, would they come in and help no why because we have a government who supports them and alllows them to do what they want with us
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 5:39pm On Mar 20, 2011
deji.ariyo:

I laugh at comments like this, in 3 hrs of the invasion 44 pple have already lost their lives, when you want to bring peace to a nation you dont go there with missiles and war planes cause the civilians will be the ones to die, Iraq is an example , so this is a loose loose situation for the people of Libya.

my fear of such military intervention is who are u bombing? aerial bombing is not precise, how do u identify supporters or rebels?

How many were killed by gadafi b4 the UN stepped in?
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by 4real(m): 5:42pm On Mar 20, 2011
there you go again, am not up for anything my friend i don't like any kind of killing, are you saying it would be fair for the us and UK government to come to Nigeria and want to remove our government because the minority in the Niger delta are being cheated, i don't see them or hear them say anything when the army killed everybody in a village in the Niger delta did you, would they come in and help no why because we have a government who supports them and alllows them to do what they want with us
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 5:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
4real:

there you go again, am not up for anything my friend i don't like any kind of killing, are you saying it would be fair for the us and UK government to come to Nigeria and want to remove our government because the minority in the Niger delta are being cheated, i don't see them or hear them say anything when the army killed everybody in a village in the Niger delta did you, would they come in and help no why because we have a government who supports them and alllows them to do what they want with us

Are u kidding me? How many Nigerians benefit from Nigerian oil? U making it look as if it only Niger delta that are being cheated. Wat has Nigerian Govt done with the oil money apart pocketing it for themselves and grand children?
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by dejiariyo1: 5:48pm On Mar 20, 2011
justwise:

How many were killed by gadafi b4 the UN stepped in?

I guess you dont really know nothing about the situation in Libya and all your judgment is based on the only side you get to see on TV anyway bless you.

But remember 44 people killed in just 3hours of invasion, i guess we should be looking at thousands death before the end of the month.

I said it earlier its a loose loose situation for people of Libya after they get killed they loose their Oil to the Imperialist again,
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2011
deji.ariyo:

I guess you dont really know nothing about the situation in Libya and all your judgment is based on the only side you get to see on TV anyway bless you.

But remember 44 people killed in just 3hours of invasion, i guess we should be looking at thousands death before the end of the month.

I said it earlier its a loose loose situation for people of Libya after they get killed they loose their Oil to the Imperialist again,

Are you reporting live from Libya? Where did u get the 44 figure from? From Libya TV controlled by . . .?
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by boyt1: 5:51pm On Mar 20, 2011
I love what the Western Forces are doing in Libya. The hypocrite  A.U  and some Arab leaders are just afraid, because one of them would be the next target.    But you as  a leader, you can avoid  shame and  distruction if you respect your Citizens, share Power and not imposing yourself as Lord over fellow Country Men/Women.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by fe32(m): 5:56pm On Mar 20, 2011
, qudaffi forces currently shelling misurata indiscriminately, it's the tactics of terror quadaffi started right from feb 17, few days ago ,He said there will be no many on a city as big as Lagos though with much less population,

why is d AU not speaking up against the mass onslaught on revolutionaries armed only with their fist raised in the air,

tha AU is a joke and amma moussa a complete disgrace,

tripoli residents are phoning in on BBC saying that there have been allied bombardment but they are waiting for tripoli to be liberated and some are saying what
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by fe32(m): 5:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
, amma moussa said he's been misquoted.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by buzugee(m): 6:00pm On Mar 20, 2011
4real:

Thanks for proving my point. so until african leaders start making their countries better places for all their indigenes, they will keep getting this kind of treatment.  you gotta keep in mind that the world at large will not stand by and watch america invade a good country with a decent leader. evil needs a cloak under which to operate. in international politics, the cloak is 'ROGUE LEADERS' or 'ROGUE COUNTRIES'. do right by your people and you wouldnt have to worry about that.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by emm87: 6:44pm On Mar 20, 2011
It is horrendous to think this many Nigerian openly agreeing to prospect of UN forces in an oil producing African Nation, Its almost as if the members of MEND hosted a protest and West (in the form) of UN are trying to dissolve it. If you example, their "goal" is to remove the seamingly dictactive pdp election rigging party.
Negotiation was never an option for the west, the issue their warning (in form of light pressure) and then pushed in for battle. Gaddafi is too strong to take such loose fall, there was a time when his people love him, that generation has aged, which is most likely the reason for this. Initial dialogue could have avoided this, as the AU has supposedly done.

You have to be a foolish African to sit down at smile at the UN dropping bombs on your brothers in the name of human rights.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by seunlayi(m): 6:47pm On Mar 20, 2011
[color=#990000][/color]
fe32:

, qudaffi forces currently shelling misurata indiscriminately, it's the tactics of terror quadaffi started right from feb 17, few days ago ,He said there will be no many on a city as big as Lagos though with much less population,

why is d AU not speaking up against the mass onslaught on revolutionaries armed only with their fist raised in the air,

tha AU is a joke and amma moussa a complete disgrace,

tripoli residents are phoning in on BBC saying that there have been allied bombardment but they are waiting for tripoli to be liberated and some are saying what
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2011
emm87:

It is horrendous to think this many Nigerian openly agreeing to prospect of UN forces in an oil producing African Nation, Its almost as if the members of MEND hosted a protest and West (in the form) of UN are trying to dissolve it. If you example, their "goal" is to remove the seamingly dictactive pdp election rigging party.
Negotiation was never an option for the west, the issue their warning (in form of light pressure) and then pushed in for battle. Gaddafi is too strong to take such loose fall, there was a time when his people love him, that generation has aged, which is most likely the reason for this. Initial dialogue could have avoided this, as the AU has supposedly done.

You have to be a[b] foolish African [/b] to sit down at smile at the UN dropping bombs on your brothers in the name of human rights.
. . and you have to be foolish to sit and watch your fellow African killed by their own leader. Why do u need to be begged b4 u stop killing ur own pple? Why do u have to wait untill the West begged u to stop killing ur own pple?
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by double0george(m): 6:58pm On Mar 20, 2011
d lybian peeps have playd it well,expecially bengazi,immediately they formd a transition government/council dat was officially recognised internationally,, and they cried out for help strongly# afta fulfillin alot of international requirements, which d help has been delayd until hours ago!!, wo r those talkin about oil?, mewssshhh!,
Arabs r brave dey giv their lives as sacrifice for d world 2see. let legit lead rebellions play their game rite whether in africa or any where else in d world and dey will recieve international support.
talkin bout peoples dat hav been killd by d UN attacks, only state tv's controlld by gaddafi is showin those pics and numbers,other internal press tv's hav been restricted by gaddafi frm reachin d bomb sites, Y? and their press activities hav ben restricted since dey where allowd into tripoli,Y? if not d bastard is lyin,and has started his propaganda again.
there r always 2sides and arguments r always present.d koko na say d guy don fuckup and dis is how nature coms back and bring men like himself down.OTHER TYRANTS IN D WORLD GET PREPARED ona cup go full 1day.
-signin out.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by kayuse2000: 7:00pm On Mar 20, 2011
While I hope to see Gadaffi out of power, the west has it's own agenda, their reason is not to protect Libyans but for their own ulterior motives.

Let us for one moment ignore that Gadaffi is a dictator and ask ourselves what the British or American governments would do if “protesters” decided to arm themselves and take on the government? Would they not do what they have to do to protect their governments?

This is exactly what Gadaffi has done, no different to what Bahrain has done however Bahrain has the support of Saudi Arabia and no one wants to piss Saudi Arabia off just yet because they produce 12% of the world's oil.

This is a civil war, you do not take sides, you mediate and if that fails then you send in “peace keeping” troops.

These western governments have considered arming the rebels, the same rebels that they will then turn on in the next 10 years, bottom line is this: IF YOU OBTAIN POWER BY THE GUN, YOU WILL RULE BY THE GUN.

Even the Arab League has just condemned the bombings stating that it goes beyond the intended “no fly zone” agenda.

It is important that we do not let our dislike for African dictators to cloud our judgement and reasoning, this is all about regime change and no matter how much you hate a dictator you have NO RIGHT to try to “covertly” change a sovereign state's government.

As at the last time I checked 112 Tomahawk missiles had been launched at a cost of $1,000,000 each, do you think they care about Libyans that much?
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Blazay(m): 7:02pm On Mar 20, 2011
The African Union's panel on Libya Sunday called for an "immediate stop" to all attacks after the United States,
France and Britain launched military action against Moamer Kadhafi's forces.

Praise da lord!
One reason I can't stand these oyinbo peeps!
Opportunity to go and humiliate/kill Gaddafi like they killed Saddam Hussein like a 'fowl'!
Always butting in where they should not be pokiing their imperialist noses.
Let the Africans liberate themselves like the with people did with themselves.
Haba!

I trust Nigerians ke. One man CANNOT rule for 42 years and get away with it. Im for don kpeme like Abacha between 2 Biancas and a whole lot of 'sweetened tea'! cheesy
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by emm87: 7:06pm On Mar 20, 2011
At the end of the end of the day, this is all it boils down to. Pride. If they cannot diplomatically sort this out, which Im sure they could have. It makes you wonder what their real intentions are. So tell me, why didnt China, India, Russia and Germany vote for the "invasion". Because they dont have the same interests as the current allies.
I know you want to say China and Russia are obvious, but what about the other .
Im really not going to argue my point, as its either you get or you dont. So,
As i said you have to be foolish and naive to smile at this.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by favouredjb(f): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2011
how can anybody say  libyans are in support of ghaddafi?
they want him out asap!
i just hope UN's interest is genuine
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by cold(m): 7:08pm On Mar 20, 2011
4 pages later Cap28 hasn't made an appearance,impressive
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Blazay(m): 7:13pm On Mar 20, 2011
kayuse2000:

While I hope to see Gadaffi out of power, the west has it's own agenda, their reason is not to protect Libyans but for their own ulterior motives.

Let us for one moment ignore that Gadaffi is a dictator and ask ourselves what the British or American governments would do if “protesters” decided to arm themselves and take on the government? Would they not do what they have to do to protect their governments?

This is exactly what Gadaffi has done, no different to what Bahrain has done however Bahrain has the support of Saudi Arabia and no one wants to piss Saudi Arabia off just yet because they produce 12% of the world's oil.

This is a civil war, you do not take sides, you mediate and if that fails then you send in “peace keeping” troops.

These western governments have considered arming the rebels, [size=20pt]the same rebels that they will then turn on in the next 10 years,[/size] bottom line is this: IF YOU OBTAIN POWER BY THE GUN, YOU WILL RULE BY THE GUN.

[size=20pt]Even the Arab League has just condemned the bombings stating that it goes beyond the intended “no fly zone” agenda.[/size]

It is important that we do not let our dislike for African dictators to cloud our judgement and reasoning, this is all about regime change and no matter how much you hate a dictator you have NO RIGHT to try to “covertly” change a sovereign state's government.

As at the last time I checked 112 Tomahawk missiles had been launched at a cost of $1,000,000 each, do you think they care about Libyans that much?

Gbam
Gbam
"J" is for Jacob Zuma.
Tozaaaaaaaaaar!!!

Gun shot salute inna h'air!!

God bless Niarialand and 1-post posters who jeeeeeeeeeeeess 'appen to know where to land and deliver. cheesy
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Mar 20, 2011
kayuse2000:

Let us for one moment ignore that Gadaffi is a dictator and ask ourselves what the British or American governments would do if “protesters” decided to arm themselves and take on the government? Would they not do what they have to do to protect their governments? This is exactly what Gadaffi has done, no different to what Bahrain has done however Bahrain has the support of Saudi Arabia and no one wants to piss Saudi Arabia off just yet because they produce 12% of the world's oil.This is a civil war, you do not take sides, you mediate and if that fails then you send in “peace keeping” troops.These western governments have considered arming the rebels, the same rebels that they will then turn on in the next 10 years, bottom line is this: IF YOU OBTAIN POWER BY THE GUN, YOU WILL RULE BY THE GUN.Even the Arab League has just condemned the bombings stating that it goes beyond the intended “no fly zone” agenda.It is important that we do not let our dislike for African dictators to cloud our judgement and reasoning, this is all about regime change and no matter how much you hate a dictator you have NO RIGHT to try to “covertly” change a sovereign state's government.As at the last time I checked 112 Tomahawk missiles had been launched at a cost of $1,000,000 each, do you think they care about Libyans that much?
Are u really serious? How many Libyan diplomas resigned cos of this? Where did the rebels get the arms? Is not from the army officials that joined the rebels? Pple are fed up!!! Gadaffi has being there for 40yrs!!!!!! is he the only Libyan? Did the west start the crisis sweeping across the arab nations? Is very easy to blame the west while we pretend that all is well.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by Blazay(m): 7:18pm On Mar 20, 2011
People are fed up indeed.
You nor dey shame?
If you nor fit to gif ya wife berreh na United Nations and Ecowas go hellep you phock am wellu wellu.

Mu he he he he he

grin
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 7:19pm On Mar 20, 2011
kayuse2000:

Even the Arab League has just condemned the bombings stating that it goes beyond the intended “no fly zone” agenda.

Arab League are just 2faced they backed it b4 the UN went in, now they don't have the bottle to stand by their words. The West did not go in WITHOUT Arab League and UN mandate. What were they thinking when they were calling for no-fly-zone?
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by EzeUche2(m): 7:20pm On Mar 20, 2011
Brainwash Africans are in this thread. How come the West has not come to the aid of the people of Cote D'ivoire or Gabon?

In Cote D'ivoire, the military fired upon unarmed women who were protesting against their president. Where was the West?

The West supports dictators in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, but has a problem with Libya. Don't you people understand that this is due to OIL and only OIL.

The faster the West can defeat Gadaffi, the sooner oil will be flowing again.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by EzeUche2(m): 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2011
The Arab League are hypocrites. They supported a "No Fly Zone." What did they think was going to happen? That is like an act of war. Everyone seen how the Arab League voted for a "No Fly Zone," even before the UN voted.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2011
EzeUche_:

[b]Brainwash Africans are in this thread. How come the West has not come to the aid of the people of Cote D'ivoire or Gabon?

In Cote D'ivoire, the military fired upon unarmed women who were protesting against their president. Where was the West?[/b]The West supports dictators in Saudi Arabia and Bahrain, but has a problem with Libya. Don't you people understand that this is due to OIL and only OIL.

The faster the West can defeat Gadaffi, the sooner oil will be flowing again.

Silly comment, keep waiting for the West to come and solve the whole World prob, since the West did not turn up where is AU? Can't they solve the prob? We call the west to come and help and when they do we start shouting about oil and gun.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by justwise(m): 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2011
Blazay:

People are fed up indeed.
You nor dey shame?
[b]If you nor fit to gif ya wife berreh na United Nations and Ecowas go hellep you phock am wellu wellu.[/b]Mu he he he he he

grin

Come and argue when u finish with ur dog.
Re: African Union Demands 'immediate' Halt To Libya Attacks by EzeUche2(m): 7:24pm On Mar 20, 2011
justwise:

Silly comment, keep waiting for the West to come and solve the whole World prob, since the West did not turn up where is AU? Can't they solve the prob? We call the west to come and help and when they do we start shouting about oil and gun.

Reread my statement, I am pointing out hypocrisy. Can't you comprehend? Or should I "dumb it" down for you?

I am not a fan of the West involvement in other countries, so take your statement somewhere else.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Canada Foils 'major Terrorist Attack' / Biden Announces New Tariffs On Chinese Imports / Collation Of The Liberian Election Results (Live Online Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.