Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,349 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement (20573 Views)

Wife Awarded The Sum Of N92 BILLION For Divorce Settlement / Ex-wife Pays Divorce Settlement In Coins, Rice And Beans / Divorce Settlement And Child-Support Be Introduced In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 2:04pm On Mar 27, 2011
biolabee:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
nope i dont have to
this page has gone 8 pages and u hv made no point so far

u say u blv in some form of settlement but still harp on 100m that tiger collected
ok then propose something u tell me squat there would be a movement to change all that

all u do is just moan moan abta problem but can not put up a framework whereby pple can start discussing abround then u say i am making rubbish points
reminds me of sepp blatter

i now see y duduspace did not bother going further with u, i think i will do same

Here is the proposal I put forth that somehow you claim not to have seen. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630753.128.html#msg7989543
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630753.160.html#msg7989626

Can you see it now? Do you realise it is a framework? grin
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by biolabee(m): 4:25pm On Mar 27, 2011
Nice one on elaborating ur stuff
but what u said is not far off from the current practice

Like in Canada (quoting wiki)

Spousal Support (Alimony) In Canada

Types of Spousal Support
In Canada, spousal support may be awarded upon divorce, under the federal Divorce Act, or upon separation without divorce under provincial statutes. There are generally three different forms of spousal support awarded:
1) Compensatory Support – This form of support compensates an individual for their contributions to the relationship as well as for any losses that individual has suffered; 2) Non-Compensatory Support – In some cases support may be awarded on a needs basis. This form of support may be awarded by a Court where an individual is sick or disabled; and 3) Contractual Support – This form of support upholds a contract between the parties which governs support payments.[56]
Married Spouses and Common-law Spouses
Both married spouses and common-law spouses may be entitled to spousal support. An important distinction between the two is that common-law spouses must start an action claiming spousal support within one year of the breakdown of the relationship. A second important distinction is that only married couples may divorce under the federal Divorce Act, common-law spouses may only separate under provincial legislation, such as Ontario's Family Law Act[57] or British Columbia's Family Relation's Act.[58] No such limitation arises for married individuals. In addition to being in a marriage or common-law relationship, courts will look at the conditions, means, needs and other circumstances of each spouse. This includes:
1) The length of time the spouses cohabited; 2) The functions performed by each spouse during the relationship; and 3) Any existing orders or agreements.
This is by no means an exhaustive list of factors which the court will consider when determining entitlement. Each case is determined on its own unique set of circumstances.
Factors for Awarding Spousal Support
The federal Divorce Act at s.15.2 (6) states that there are four objectives of spousal support orders:
1) Recognize any economic advantages or disadvantages to the spouses arising from the marriage or its breakdown; 2) Apportion between the spouses any financial consequences arising from the care of any child of the marriage over and above any obligation for the support of any child of the marriage; 3) Relieve any economic hardship of the spouses arising from the breakdown of the marriage; and 4) In so far as practicable, promote the economic self-sufficiency of each spouse within a reasonable period of time.[56]
Amount and Duration
The longer the length of cohabitation and the greater the disparity between each party’s incomes, the larger an award of spousal support will be and the longer the duration will be. As stated above, spousal support calculations are complex. There are no tables to use as in child support calculations. Lawyers use special software designed specifically to calculate the entitlement, amount, and duration of support. After information is input into a computer, the software will provide a range for the spousal support amount and duration.
Depending on the means and needs of the individual receiving support, the court will generally award an amount of spousal support somewhere within the range provided by the software. The longer the relationship, the greater the presumption that the parties should have an equal standard of living.
Similarly, the length of the relationship will be taken into account when determining how long spousal support should be paid for. Awards for spousal support can be for a limited term or indefinite.[59

I still put it to u guys that it is the 100m that is vexing u pple. U have to look at it in relation to tigers wealth

my 2 cents o
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 4:58pm On Mar 27, 2011
Wharrrahellllll?? Dayo and saga if not say i receive my paycheck 2days ago and my heart still dey jolly i would have told you both i'fe an'ne re mbe na uzuakoli. Which can antiwomen una be, two gay lords especially that dayo.

@topic

If i leave my beauriffullll career to be a stay-ahome mama then i deserve 70% of my mans assets if i end up divorcing him. I don't care if i contributed to his success or given him his intelligence right from inception (like some of you have querried elin's contribution to tiger's golf success) all i know is that i have tolerated him enough, tolerated his bad habits e.g farting and shaiting with the door opened or wakin me up in the middle of the night to dance usher's break dance in bed. If i have tolerated all of these and more then someone had berra upgrade the figure in my bank acct lest i bathe him with hot oil

you think it is easy to give a man all the styles he wants from missionary to dog.g.ggy e.t.c regularly without collecting a dime from him? Even ashewos charge according to styles

1.Missionary  from $300/15minutes
2.Dogggggyy.yyy from $600/15 minutes and it's even worth more because if you are doing it on the hard floor,your knees will turn red by the time you are through.
3.angle 69 from $1500. You people think it is easy to swallow a whole sausage in your mouth abi? Especially you nigerian men that were born under iroke tree hence the massive size.sometimes if not careful the sausage can block off your airway and even cause thyroid problems and love-peddlers charge more when you guys even when she's trying to swallow is still pushing her head further down to chop more. if it was easy i wonder why gay men are busy shoving it up their azzzzzess instead of chopping. Oloshi's
4. Wheelbarrow style.
5. Touch your knee
6. Sit on the sausage .Even when a woman is nine months preggers men still ask for this, if the baby now comeout begin eye the opp sex una go dey complain

Then imagine if i started charging my husband per round from when we got married,see if i won't be competing with aliko dangote interms of wealth.

Is anybory going to object?una berra not. Naaansense upon knorr ingredients
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 5:05pm On Mar 27, 2011
biolabee:

Nice one on elaborating your stuff
but what u said is not far off from the current practice

Like in Canada (quoting wiki)

I don't think because they do calculations, it proves it is close to my suggestion. One needs to see the underlying algorithms being applied to the calculations and what is being calculated.

Don't forget that "She is used to spending $5000 a month on handbags so he should continue funding it after divorce till her death" is a calculation.

biolabee:

I still put it to u guys that it is the 100m that is vexing u pple. U have to look at it in relation to tigers wealth

my 2 cents o

I think it makes more sense to look at it in relation to what she contributed or can realistic earn if she did not marry him.

jennykadry:

Wharrrahellllll?? Dayo and saga if not say i receive my paycheck 2days ago and my heart still dey jolly i would have told you both i'fe an'ne re mbe na uzuakoli. Which can antiwomen una be, two gay lords especially that dayo.

@topic

If i leave my beauriffullll career to be a stay-ahome mama then i deserve 70% of my mans assets if i end up divorcing him. I don't care if i contributed to his success or given him his intelligence right from inception (like some of you have querried elin's contribution to tiger's golf success) all i know is that i have tolerated him enough, tolerated his bad habits e.g farting and shaiting with the door opened or wakin me up in the middle of the night to dance usher's break dance in bed. If i have tolerated all of these and more then someone had berra upgrade the figure in my bank acct lest i bathe him with hot oil

you think it is easy to give a man all the styles he wants from missionary to dog.g.ggy e.t.c regularly without collecting a dime from him? Even ashewos charge according to styles

2.Dogggggyy.yyy from $600/15 minutes and it's even worth more because if you are doing it on the hard floor,your knees will turn red by the time you are through.
3.angle 69 from $1500. You people think it is easy to swallow a whole sausage in your mouth abi? Especially you nigerian men that were born under iroke tree hence the massive size.sometimes if not careful the sausage can block off your airway and even cause thyroid problems and love-peddlers charge more when you guys even when she's trying to swallow is still pushing her head further down to chop more. Oloshi's
4. Wheelbarrow style.
5. Touch your knee
6. Sit on the sausage .Even when a woman is nine months preggers men still ask for this, if the baby now comeout begin eye the opp sex una go dey complain

Then imagine if i start charging my husband per round from when we got married and see if i won't be competing with aliko dangote interms of wealth.

Is anybory going to object?una berra not. Naaansense

Stop chatting rubbish!

70 wetin?

I have told you that it is 90% you should take from your husband and then dump him for me. We would be nice and let him take something in a suitcase (not over 32kg and should not include raw currency) and let him also take his bike (to be able to get to work and continue funding us).

I will then move in. grin

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by plappville(f): 9:28pm On Mar 27, 2011
At posters u are thanking God as if God is in surport of the Nigeria system where men just push their wife in the street when divorced. Didn't the bible quotes that a man and a woman will come together and become one So why do u expect a woman to leave empty handed when she was also a owner of the income as well as other properpies during marriage??
Some of u Nigeria guys are very greedy and self centered, and these greedy once are the once that will never give their wife breathing space.

Anyway, am happy because women today are no longer reliability they also earn salaries and assist in paying bills.
Beside, who spend all the time to educate the kids? A working class woman will go working with a baby in her belly, she will return back home still do the cooking, cleaning, why the Hubby come back from work sick in front of the TV.
Don't u think she surffered much to bring the child to existant? She needs to be comperseted for that in divorce occurs.
The settlement system is the best, it helps to balance the marriage if really there is love.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by plappville(f): 9:50pm On Mar 27, 2011
Posted on: Today at 03:58:01 PM Posted by: jennykadry
Insert Quote

@topic
If i leave my beauriffullll career to be a stay-ahome mama then i deserve 70% of my mans assets if i end up divorcing him. I
don't care if i contributed to his success or given him his intelligence right from inception (like some of you have querried elin's
contribution to tiger's golf success) all i know is that i have tolerated him enough, tolerated his bad habits e.g farting and
shaiting with the door opened or wakin me up in the middle of the night to dance usher's break dance in bed. If i have
tolerated all of these and more then someone had berra upgrade the figure in my bank acct lest i bathe him with hot oil
you think it is easy to give a man all the styles he wants from missionary to dog.g.ggy e.t.c regularly without collecting a dime
from him? Even ashewos charge according to styles
3.angle 69 from $1500. You people think it is easy to swallow a whole sausage in your mouth abi? Especially you nigerian men
that were born under iroke tree hence the massive size.sometimes if not careful the sausage can block off your airway and even cause thyroid problems and love-peddlers charge more when you guys even when she's trying to swallow is still pushing
her head further down to chop more. if it was easy i wonder why gay men are busy shoving it up their azzzzzess instead of
chopping. Oloshi's
4. Wheelbarrow style.
5. Touch your knee
Then imagine if i started charging my husband per round from when we got married,see if i won't be competing with aliko
dangote interms of wealth.
Is anybory going to object?una berra not. Naaansense upon knorr ingredients

baby na waoh for u oooo, this kind of analyses na gbam, NLs no go kill somebody with laugh. But there are just in what u said.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Nobody: 11:42pm On Mar 27, 2011
The one-dimensional perspective preferred by women on this thread CONCLUSIVELY proves everything one already knows about them. It is official now. I only pity the unfortunate men who succumb to weak emotions such as 'love' and 'trust' to render themselves vulnerable to the exploitation and blackmail of these parasites; if mugu no fall guyman no go chop. All is fair in love and war like the saying goes. There's nothing more to be said.

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:01am On Mar 28, 2011
lol @ jenny  grin

Dont mind these homosexuals like dayo  tongue esp that professional adodi hakari that has now resorted to hiding behind skirts just to take lame shots at me LOL
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by plappville(f): 2:57am On Mar 28, 2011
Posted on: Yesterday at 10:42:16 PM Posted by: pro01
The one-dimensional perspective preferred by women on this thread CONCLUSIVELY proves everything one already knows about them. It is official now. I only pity the unfortunate men who succumb to weak emotions such as 'love' and 'trust' to render themselves vulnerable to the exploitation and blackmail of these parasites; if mugu no fall guyman no go chop. All is fair in love and war like the saying goes. There's nothing more to be said.
shocked shocked, did I read u say unfortunate? Aaaiiii!! Na so u cherish money pass love?
Listen man, soon u Nigeria guys will ve no say on this issue.
Our women are exposing to the reality of life so no more(woman pack ur things and leave my house) loools.
Joke apart, no one is praying for divorce but it occurs, everything should be splited percentage or equally.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by armyofone(m): 1:24pm On Mar 28, 2011
shagamite too, his own is lipsrsealed

I like Ivana Trump grin still dipping hand in the cookie jar. I hope women in nigeria are learning grin grin grin quick quick. dont take it easy with african brother grin

ThiefOfHearts:

lol @ jenny grin

Dont mind these homosexuals like dayo tongue esp that professional adodi hakari that has now resorted to hiding behind skirts just to take lame shots at me LOL
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by dayokanu(m): 2:25pm On Mar 28, 2011
armyofone:

shagamite too, his own is lipsrsealed

I like Ivana Trump grin still dipping hand in the cookie jar. I hope women in nigeria are learning grin grin grin quick quick. dont take it easy with african brother grin

Are you saying you prefer quickies?
ThiefOfHearts:

lol @ jenny  grin

Dont mind these homosexuals like dayo  tongue esp that professional adodi hakari that has now resorted to hiding behind skirts just to take lame shots at me LOL

You know you are the only one that can turn me from my home-sexual ways.

So TOH Lets do it.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by emmatok(m): 5:44pm On Mar 28, 2011
Well if the women insist on sharing the assets 50-50.

Then the liabilities and debts should be shared 50-50.

FAIR IS FAIR.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by biolabee(m): 6:43pm On Mar 28, 2011
Jennykadry i have heard of u but i am now seeing u up close
U be kolo but i like ur style
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I agree with you Sagamite the algorithms may be outmoded but i still agree with the principle
A woman sacrifices a lot in a marriage and this whether helping in keeping the child from paedos who roam and finger kids up and down
You now say because she is a bad wife she leave s with nothing i do not agree,

Lets just leave it at that
Lets hope we have blissful marriages
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:58pm On Mar 28, 2011
I hope they learn from you biolabee.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by dayokanu(m): 11:01pm On Mar 28, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

WHy cant I learn from you in practical terms?

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:42am On Mar 29, 2011
allergic to Aids.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by dayokanu(m): 1:43am On Mar 29, 2011
How did you know?

Have you been infected before?

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by SALady(f): 10:55am On Mar 29, 2011
Holly crap, but why do people even bother getting married? Why insist on this? I have no doubt I must have came from a bad marriage in my previous life or been a child from parents who had it baaad.

Marriage doesnt add up. Why cant people stay lovers for as long as they can love each other?

I dont kow how many times do I have to say this, people will love you because its what they want to do, care for you because its what they want to do. Simple!!!

Ofcourse there's jaded souls out there, just keep away from such people they have no business being in relationships let alone marriage. These are the type of people who will mistreat others convincing themselves that they are playing it safe. I mean why play in the first place when love is as serious as a heart attack.

Forget marriage people. I mean if you are going to marry a guy who offers a prenup because he doesnt want you to cash in on him in the end, really now, right from the onset this thing is stained. Again what does he see you for? What does he see his marriage for? right there this guy has branded you a gold digger. I'd be resentful.

I think we need a new love order, marriage is not the one period.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by biolabee(m): 8:18pm On Mar 29, 2011
ThiefOfHearts:

How na? this guys do not even give any quarter
Its No Retweet No Surrender
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 7:11am On Apr 01, 2011
biolabee:

Jennykadry i have heard of u but i am now seeing u up close
U be kolo but i like your style
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I agree with you Sagamite the algorithms may be outmoded but i still agree with  the principle
A woman sacrifices a lot in a marriage and this whether helping in keeping the child from paedos who roam and finger kids up and down
You now say because she is a bad wife she leave s with nothing i do not agree,

Lets just leave it at that
Lets hope we have blissful marriages

This is where I struggle with people like you. You struggle to comprehend, so the more complex the discussion (and for the record, this is only moderately complex), the more you misconstrue points and offer none.:

1) Please show me where I said a bad wife, or any other woman for that matter, should leave with nothing? You manufactured that from thin-air? Is it lack of comprehension? I await your evidence.

2) No matter how much solid logically points is put forth to you, your "I no wan carry last mentality" will prevent you from conceding and maintain the inferior arguments that has been triumphed (and then you use strawman to change direction of the debate). The reason why I got on with and had a rapport with the late bawomolo who was about 100% diametrical opposite to me was his sensibility of not sitting on a point that has already been flawed. He would not argue against a point that he knew was superior even if he is struggling to change his mind. Example of such trait is demonstrated by chaircover.

3) You state you agree with a principle over a counter principle I clearly stated, yet, you could not be bothered to state the "logical" and "superior" reasons why you prefer the former to the later.

I honestly don't debate at that level. I am passed that intellectually.

SA Lady:

Forget marriage people. I mean if you are going to marry a guy who offers a prenup because he doesnt want you to cash in on him in the end, really now, right from the onset this thing is stained. Again what does he see you for? What does he see his marriage for? right there this guy has branded you a gold digger. I'd be resentful.

How has he branded you a gold-digger?

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 7:26am On Apr 01, 2011
[size=18pt]Divorce deal a family burden for generations, says millionaire[/size]
A millionaire says future generations of his family will have to bear the cost of a divorce court ruling because money held in trust for them will instead have to fund his wife’s £3.75 million payout.

Athelstan Whaley, 60, says the cost of the settlement to Belinda Whaley, 47, his wife of 21 years, will also leave him ­homeless.

Mrs Justice Baron awarded Mrs Whaley property and a £3 million lump sum in July last year, which Mr Whaley says is the vast majority of his worth.

The judge made the order after ruling that two “dynastic trusts” set up by Mr Whaley’s father before his death in 2001, to benefit his heirs, were “assets of the marriage”, increasing the value of the assets to be divided, from about £4 million to more than £10 million.

Yesterday, Mr Whaley’s barrister Charles Howard told Court of Appeal judges, that the order, if allowed to stand, will see the children of the family “and possibly the next generation” effectively funding the wife’s payout.

He added that Mr Whaley, who lives in Spain, has no control over the funds and the trustees are unlikely to agree to release them, to the detriment of current and future generations of the family, in order to make a payout to Mrs Whaley, “who is not a beneficiary at all”.

The court heard that Mr Whaley is currently only a beneficiary of one of the trusts, with the other owning and managing a £2.4 million golf course in Sedlescombe, East Sussex.

“A huge amount of this order would have to be met out of trust assets. There is no precedent where a trust has been expected to pay a wife a lump sum award,” Mr Howard said.

“This is the end of a perfectly legitimate trust for the grandchildren and possibly the next generation. Money earmarked for the children of the family has just been thrown in the kitty.”

Mr Howard said Mr Whaley, who was also told to pay £3,125 per year for each of his four children, along with school and university fees, would be left penniless.

Mr Whaley’s total assets from which to meet his wife’s award would amount to £4 million, even should he sell his home and the Spanish hotel complex which provides him with a living, added Mr Howard.

“The husband has no liquidity. The effect of the orders is that his house will have to be sold and the husband will be homeless.”

The judges reserved their decision on Mr Whaley’s appeal to a later date.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/8404893/Divorce-deal-a-family-burden-for-generations-says-millionaire.html

Even lets even imagine* that he has access to the dynastic trust, can someone explain to me the logic that makes her entitled to the hereditary assets someone else worked for? Worked!

What work did she do to be worthy to an ancestors money that was not meant for her and they did not want to give her?

Oh, she cooked, cleaned and raised kids?

* Duduspace, when I said "lets even imagine", I am not giving you an order to think or granting you freedom of thought o. It is a request.

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Angolobabe(f): 12:38am On Apr 02, 2011
Sorry man ,nothing nonsense about divorce settlement ,u dont expect a woman to spend all her good yrs married to u,gave u kids and then whenever u decide that she is not good enough u just throw her out without a roof on her head and means to help fend for herself until she can get a job and stand on her fit again.

Whatever i have i know my husband is entitled to half of it if anything happens and for the fact that i m married to him and have my family with him and share those quality yrs together alone earn him those benefit which he deserve and vice versa.

So dont feel mad for that cos its her right.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by mcnepow(m): 7:49pm On Apr 02, 2011
Clean E63 for sale. @ 18k.   If u are interested call me on 07039095877. Pls only serious buyers should call or text.

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by dayokanu(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2011
Angolobabe:

Sorry man ,nothing nonsense about divorce settlement ,u dont expect a woman to spend all her good yrs married to u,gave u kids and then whenever u decide that she is not good enough u just throw her out without a roof on her head and means to help fend for herself until she can get a job and stand on her fit again.

Whatever i have i know my husband is entitled to half of it if anything happens and for the fact that i m married to him and have my family with him and share those quality yrs together alone earn him those benefit which he deserve and vice versa.

WHat happened to using your own hands and brain to eke a living for yourself.

Your husband doesnt want any of your money you can keep it and he also expects to keep his own money too

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by armyofone(m): 10:33pm On Apr 02, 2011
tongue  tongue
cry me a sea
your money is my money. my money is  lipsrsealed
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by biolabee(m): 11:19pm On Apr 02, 2011
Sagamite bla bla
calm down with ur big english

we came to the same conclusion that there shd be a divorce settlement but u say the algorithm is not sutiable for u
thats ur opinion
I belv in 50-50 of assets gained after the marriage or better still a pre nup to clarify positions
u dont
Life goes on, i still say na the 100m wey tiger ex-wife collect dey do u
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Angolobabe(f): 11:29pm On Apr 02, 2011
dayokanu:

WHat happened to using your own hands and brain to eke a living for yourself.

Your husband doesnt want any of your money you can keep it and he also expects to keep his own money too

Chei , i see sey dis settlement stuff dey pain u die lipsrsealed ,for your information i am a first class working woman and i am my own boss ,so yes i use my brain and hands to make that happen .

The thing is authomatically weither he wants it or not his entiled to it anyway and vice versa so its my right and his.

So dont try to take away ur partners right just cos u want to keep everything to urself even if u worked for it.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 11:49pm On Apr 02, 2011
Angolobabe:

Chei , i see sey dis settlement stuff dey pain u die lipsrsealed ,for your information i am a first class working woman and i am my own boss ,so yes i use my brain and hands to make that happen .

The thing is authomatically weither he wants it or not his entiled to it anyway and vice versa so its my right and his.

So dont try to take away your partners right just cos u want to keep everything to urself even if u worked for it.

What right?

That is one crazy, stewpid right.

Angolobabe:

Sorry man ,nothing nonsense about divorce settlement ,u dont expect a woman to spend [b]all her good yrs married to u,gave u kids and then whenever u decide that she is not good enough u [/b]just throw her out without a roof on her head and means to help fend for herself until she can get a job and stand on her fit again.

All her good years? And so?

I am suppose to be fined for her biological fate?

Gave me kids? Really? It is not also hers? She did not want them? She gave me? But will take what she "gave" when custody is allocated?

So people should not be entitled to decide who they want to be with?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Angolobabe(f): 12:21am On Apr 03, 2011
@ Sagamite , pple are entiled to decide who they want to be with but when u do make that decision and you have been married for yrs without prenup ,u just have to settle him or her period.

Where im based everything is 50/50 when ur married, it doesnt matter weither u worked for it or not ,all are classified as shared even the ones u owned before marriage .

If you dont want this wahala dont ever get married or get a prenup before marriage.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 12:24am On Apr 03, 2011
Angolobabe:

@ Sagamite , pple are entiled to decide who they want to be with but when u do make that decision and your have been married for yrs with prenup ,u just have to settle her period.

Where im based everything is 50/50 it doesnt matter weither u worked for it or not ,all are classified as shared even the ones u owned before marriage .

If you dont want this wahala dont ever get married or get a prenup before marriage.

No doubt, every single word you said above is obviously true.

My point is that the bolded is a daft law. It is lame and unfair. Simples!

1 Like

Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Angolobabe(f): 12:41am On Apr 03, 2011
Yes it can backfire sometimes,thats why its important for pple to marry for the right reasons this way divorce rate will be low,as for me i see myself 50-60  more yrs in my marriage so that word called divorce is out ,all marriages have there ups n downs whenever we face those trial times we will mutually work it out and with God by our side our union will remain strong.
Re: The Nonsense Called Divorce Settlement by Sagamite(m): 1:00am On Apr 03, 2011
Angolobabe:

Yes it can backfire sometimes,thats why its important for pple to marry for the right reasons this way divorce rate will be low,as for me i see myself 50-60  more yrs in my marriage so that word called divorce is out ,all marriages have there ups n downs whenever we face those trial times we will mutually work it out and with God by our side our union will remain strong.

Not only can it backfire sometimes. Even when it frontfires it is still not the fair, reasonable and just way of assessing how assets should be divided.

To add insult to injury, the reetarded laws also spur and bolden some women to be gong-ho about divorce and heavily contributing to the divorce rates. It is very common to see women use it as a tool of threat in marriages these days.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Census: My First Census Experience As A Single Living Alone. Hows It Going To Be / I Tried To Correct Her, What I Got Were Three Slaps, Husband Tells Court / Inter-tribal Marriages,....... How Did It Turn Out For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.