Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa (4933 Views)

I Never Knew This Part Of Ladies Was Sexual. Am i normal? / Why Women Never Want Nice Guys — And Why It’s Too Late When They Do. / 8 Text Guys Never Want To Recieve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by aminalib(f): 6:37pm On Apr 02, 2011
Is wat he said to me while trying to date me? That did not go well. I can never be with someone who is not open minded to even visit your country. Could you be with someone who tells you flat out they would never want to go to africa or even taste the food.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
If they had a clear reason on why they felt this way then why not?
As for the food. That's another matter all completely.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by aminalib(f): 6:45pm On Apr 02, 2011
based on ignorance
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Katy86(f): 6:50pm On Apr 02, 2011
I do not like Nigerian food and I can not eat it. Sorry. wink

My boyfriend know that. Its always funny for him to make his food in front of my face and see my reaction. grin

I would travel to Nigeria when we arranged everything for it, but I would only go to the big cities. I told him everytime that I would never go with him to all the small small cities.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2011
That what happens when you date someone that is not from the same area as you or culture as you. It will be a time where your man or woman will say I am not interested in visiting your home country.

You will have to decide which is more important to be with the person that you love that do not want to visit your home country or be with someone that may not be for you but will visit your home country.

1 Like

Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by aminalib(f): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
well i dont like nigerian food either but I tried it a few times before I came to this conclusion. But I would not just say i dont like it without giving it a chance
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by ZIMDRILL(m): 6:54pm On Apr 02, 2011
Katy86:

I  do not like Nigerian food and I can not eat it. Sorry.  wink

My boyfriend know that. Its always funny for him to make his food in front of my face and see my reaction.  grin

I would travel to Nigeria when we arranged everything for it, but I would only go to the big cities. I told him everytime that I would never go with him to all the small small cities.

yes some people are ignorant but you make them see the light date him if he is fine then make him see what the media doesnt show
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 6:55pm On Apr 02, 2011
I told that to 190. grin
to be honest. . .forget it let me keep my mouth shut
to avoid drama.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2011
Amina

Are some of the Liberian dishes similar to Nigerian dishes or entirely different?
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2011
@poster
I would rather call it preferences.
Maybe the fear of sickness such as Malaria, the mosquitoes, the lack of electricity or simply the constant insecurity at night are enough to make someone decide to NEVER go to Nigeria. Would you say they are ignorant then?!
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by aminalib(f): 7:00pm On Apr 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
I would rather call it preferences.
Maybe the fear of sickness such as Malaria, the mosquitoes, the lack of electricity or simply the constant insecurity at night are enough to make someone decide to NEVER go to Nigeria. Would you say they are ignorant then?!

But they have been there to KNOW that right?, and they do know it's not just AFRICA that's like that, my thing is IF you have never traveled outside of america, for you to tell me You would never visit my country turns me off,
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Katy86(f): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2011
Mrbrownja:

Thats the problem in Nigeria.
We would got with two small children and I am not crazy. I am afraid of my children.

To the food. I do not know what he cook, but oh I do not like meat. And I only saw Nigerian food with a lot of meat wink
The other problem is the pepper in the food. That is killing me when he is cooking it so how can I eat it  grin
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2011
MBJ

I have friends who would never go to Nigeria or any region that is not Industrialized.  That is the exact word they used.  Now there are some of the things that may discourage those who are not used to Nigeria or Africa in general.  

I can understand why the guy or gal would not want to go to Africa or any other countries.  African countries are not the only countries that many people will not visit.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by aminalib(f): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Amina

Are some of the Liberian dishes similar to Nigerian dishes or entirely different?  

yes but west african typically cook with the same things, its just how its made and ingredients i guess.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

MBJ

I have friends who would never go to Nigeria or any region that is not Industrialized.  That is the exact word they used.  Now there are some of the things that may discourage those who are not used to Nigeria or Africa in general.  

I can understand why the guy or gal would not want to go to Africa or any other countries.  Africa is not the only [B]country[/b] that many people will not visit.

Don't be pissed sis. just pointing that out.
Continent.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2011
@amina
I would understand that it would turn you off but, at the same time, just because they never left the US(or been to 9ja), doesn't have any weight on the issue.
I have never been to Iran/Afghanistan or north Korea but I know I never want to go there either.
Preferences.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

Don't be pissed sis. just pointing that out.
Continent.

Correction: African countries aren't the only countries people will not visit.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2011
ok. like i said, no offense.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2011
@mrs Chima
We are saying exactly the same thing.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:10pm On Apr 02, 2011
MzDarkSkin:

ok. like i said, no offense.

None was taken.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:11pm On Apr 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@mrs Chima
We are saying exactly the same thing.

I know.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by jaybee3(m): 7:12pm On Apr 02, 2011
Shows clearly that love is not the other of the day in the relationship.
With love, sky is the limit
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:13pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jaybee

What love got to do with it?
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by jaybee3(m): 7:14pm On Apr 02, 2011
With love, ain't gonna be limitations
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jaybee that isn't true.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 02, 2011
@katy86
I understand fully what you mean regarding small children. As for the food, no worries, while he makes his dish, you can have your salads, Lol.

@Jaybee
Love?! Are you saying people should drop their common sense and maternal/paternal instinct because of love?!
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by jaybee3(m): 7:17pm On Apr 02, 2011
@MzDarkskin
Why do you say so?
Don't people do things they wouldn't normally do cos of the person they love?
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
jay bee:

With love, ain't gonna be limitations

Sorry Jaybee I disagree with you.  If I don't want to visit Africa again that has nothing to do with my love for my husband.  

That just like saying because I love you, you can do whatever you want and I will let it slide because I love you.   undecided
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by ektbear: 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
Pretty closed-minded. Most places in the world are very nice if you have money. Africa is no exception.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2011
@Jaybee why would I be willing to
go the extra mile for someone who doesn't even want
to lift his leg to take a step? trust me I care about the guy
but so long as my ethnicity and culture is not important enough
to him, he won't hear about me having interest in his.

If I am not interested in Nigeria or the food that shouldn't
be what determines my 'caring' for him.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by MrsChima(f): 7:20pm On Apr 02, 2011
Jaybee

You will not do anything that YOU do not want to do.  Let be real.  If you are not going to throw your money in the pit of fire, you will not do it.  

Love has nothing to do what a person will do.  Love is nothing but an emotion that one has for another human being that it.  What you feel will determine how you will respond.  IF you feel that you want to go visit China and you have no issue with it.  You will go visit China.  

If you have feelings against going to China, you will not go.
Re: I Never Want To Step Foot In Africa by jaybee3(m): 7:21pm On Apr 02, 2011
@MrBJ
Well common sense do tend to become insignificant when in love as people generally follow their hearth rather than head.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

16 Things Girls Hate About Guys / What's Up With Some Guys And Under Age Girls?! / Please I Need A Serious Advice. If U Were In My Shoe What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.