Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,807 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) (1284 Views)

The Best Position That Guarantees 100% Orgasm For Both Parties / Is It Right To Ask Your Partner About Their Past Relationship? / Should Lovers Keep Secrets From Their Past From Each Other (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by afrika(f): 9:54pm On Apr 05, 2011
I wonder why i am askin this; but is it wise to share or your wife to be, to share her little past life with you or rather hear the story outside?

cos, i am in a mess wit one, i have this girl i wish to marry. I never intended keepin an ear to the ground or listen to stories that would purge me abt her. But, as d devil would want it, a friend or school mate of hers, whom i know, walked up to me. she beamed a smile and invited me to her street. i honoured her I.V as one that knows me. but, surprisingly scary, she opened a full carton of bad life story of my angel. i could not believe her at first cos this my angel was so principled that i was always faulted. embarassed

After 3 days of hard thinking, i invited my angel to come stay out wit me as i carefully watched her moves. It was sometime else. it was like adam,when he ate the fruit in d garden. but, when i gradually asked questions driftin to the right bone of contention. she first swore wit herself, mother and God and later sprang up wit annoyance denyin every bit of the story.

Guys, what decision do u suggest i should take, cos, marriage is neither by pity, sympathy or management. i am in a dilemma, embarassed
Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by Thirst4Lif: 10:12pm On Apr 05, 2011
It's possible the so-called friend was lying on your girl. Perhaps she's jealous of your relationship.

As far as her past, she really doesn't owe you an explanation of what's she's done. Everyone

makes mistakes. Is your past clean? Oh yeah, get tested. wink
Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by MrsChima(f): 10:40pm On Apr 05, 2011
Why would a man wants to know how many dicks the woman sucked or bleeped? In the same token why would a woman wants to know how many pussies her man sucked or bleeped?

The past need to stay in the past and if it becomes a big problem then you do not need to get married at all until the issue is resolved. Do not bring baggage of the past to your new future that why it called the PAST. duh. undecided undecided

If you have a disease like HIV AND AIDS then you need to consider three things:

Is it worth potentially infecting my partner?
Will I allow my illness to determine my behaviors in the future?
Do I feel that I am stronger in will to fight the battle until the end?

If you answer to any of these honestly then you have made our decision.
Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by desholah(m): 10:48pm On Apr 05, 2011
OP.
I actually don't like the idea off sharing the past with your partner,Most people don't support the idea either.

But when i hear strange stuffs about my girl from outsiders i get nervous/stoic though i wouldn't like the idea of sitting her down and start telling her to voice out what she's been through.
Surprisingly and interestinly my girl tells me about her past ''without being interrogated'' and i really don't find anything wrong with it. . . .Infact it's fun!!! . . .SAME THING with me.

The point is that if it's being carried out occationally then i would say it's fine.But to delibretaly sit her down for this matter . . . undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by Freiburger(m): 10:50pm On Apr 05, 2011
Not really necessary.
Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by afrika(f): 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2011
i agree with some of u hia. but, i think is preferable i hia from her than hearing from outside thou!!!

Jus like if she gets married to u. after a kid or, she walks into a friends shop who happens to be her childhood friend. jus d normal gossip and discovers the reason why vivian her friend stopped coming to visit her. as the friend playfully updates her of her hubbies swagga wit chics and ha best friend bhind her nose.\

that day, d guy would come home and never find food.

hmm,
Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by afrika(f): 11:13pm On Apr 05, 2011
shocked
Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by afrika(f): 4:22am On Oct 19, 2013
It is quiet pathetic but sharing the past could be good but not too exact. "I was bad before but not now". Unless the woman does not knw what she wants and is pretending only to get married. However, if she is truly in luv, she shud emotionally, remorsefully tell u to hide the past and hear not of it. Young girls of this days are terrible. Especially graduates from private universities. Guys be guided.
Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by afrika(f): 4:43am On Jan 07, 2016
This days, the story shared by two love birds are used against each other during their misunderstanding.

The other day, I was busy sipping my JD, when I heard a glass plate break. It was my neighbor again. The wife screamed on top of her voice, this is the way u go fxxking about all the sales girl in alaba market. I took it for the normal yarns. But sprew up when I heard a deep louder voice of the husband say, "If I had listened to my friend who fxxked u, I wouldn't have been ur husband".

Then silence took over the compound. Holy!!! I froze then tiptoed to my window to ..
Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by Liard(m): 2:21pm On Feb 14, 2018
afrika:
This days, the story shared by two love birds are used against each other during their misunderstanding.

The other day, I was busy sipping my JD, when I heard a glass plate break. It was my neighbor again. The wife screamed on top of her voice, this is the way u go fxxking about all the sales girl in alaba market. I took it for the normal yarns. But sprew up when I heard a deep louder voice of the husband say, "If I had listened to my friend who fxxked u, I wouldn't have been ur husband".

Then silence took over the compound. Holy!!! I froze then tiptoed to my window to ..

Wooooow
Re: Is It Wise For Both Parties To Share Their Past Be4 Marriage?(i.e. If Need Be) by coolestofall(m): 2:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
Bro, its called past 4 a reason, because there aint anything u can do 2 change it. Even if d story is true, its in d past, what shld matter 2 u now is if she's faithful 2 u. U cn't dig into any gal's past without unearthing a few dirt. I bet u hv a few of ur own. Life is abt d now, make it count.

(1) (Reply)

After Marriage, You Realise He Is Impo=tent! / From Dating To A Long Term Relationship / Wen A Man Wants A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.