Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:09 AM

Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) - Agriculture (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (963463 Views)

Cultivating Cucumber - A Blog / Starting A Plantain Farming. / We Help People Set Up A Poultry Farm, We Also Give Imformation On Poultry Busi' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (280) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Rachelwang(f): 2:03am On Apr 23, 2012
you can send mail to me, please check below my email address, thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by wolllexxx: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2012
@fnk, thanks for the mail.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Claracuzio: 11:15am On Apr 23, 2012
Help! Pls I am based in the west, ondo state and I need a quaterly supply of
GNC - 30TONNS
SOYA MEAL-30TONNS
I hear I could get them from kano/kaduna. Pls can anyone help me with details on companies/ markets in kano/kaduna
Where I can purchase these products and if possible current price?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 11:25am On Apr 23, 2012
@fnk

Please assist me with the material too ( my email address :aomoti@yahoo.com).I am interested in starting my farm soon..I have bought two plots of land for this purpose and i have constructed a small farm in my compound that can house 500 layers to serve as the experimental farm before i will open up the big farm in the two plots...I need all the information that can assist me to make a success of this venture.

Thank you all poultry farmers,lets work together to help meet the protein need of our people.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by kingsilly(m): 10:05pm On Apr 23, 2012
fnk: @kingsilly, sent. I hope it works for you
just replied u...waiting for ur feedback
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 11:59pm On Apr 23, 2012
@omotititi, @jamp, @Josh121, @Abankula, I have send out the email to you guys. Good luck.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 8:26am On Apr 24, 2012
@fnk
Thank u so much .....u r indeed a worthy Nigerian....we will meet at the top of the poultry business by God's grace
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by biddybee: 8:06am On Apr 27, 2012
@fink; I am interested too, my email is alberttrevor@yahoo.com
God bless us all.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by lot23: 1:19pm On Apr 27, 2012
Finance your poultry/business or project without taking a loan.

With as little as a N500 ticket, get the funding you need.

Empower yourself financially without the troubles of loans and collaterals.

Simple, fast and effective.

Get what you need within a week.

Offer open to Nigerians and Non-Nigerians!

For details, Send a text/SMS to +2348084710033 in the following format:

'MIRAFF, Name, Location, Sex, Age'
----------------------------------------------
Example: MIRAFF, David John, Abuja, Male, 27. (Send as Text to +2348084710033)

----------------------------------------------
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omoejire: 2:57am On Apr 28, 2012
@fnk
Greetings fnk, I am interested too, please send the details to olu@kismetworld.com. I am planning to spend some time in Nigeria in a few months time for a similar research. May The Lord reward you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by OrakaAluminium(m): 5:01am On Apr 28, 2012
I have a question? chicken lay eggs but how do you differentiate eggs to be eaten from eggs that will hatch to chicks?
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sunky644(m): 8:15pm On Apr 28, 2012
This is the most informative and educative thread I ve seen on nairaland. Kudos to each and everyone that has contributed in one way or the other to the progress of this thread. Please, I am a poultry farmer too but on a very small scale and I am planning on expanding it. Unfortunately, I am not that financially buoyant so I need info from people who knows how I can secure Soft Agriculture Loan to expand my farm. Thanks, waiting...
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by makinde3: 12:58pm On Apr 29, 2012
@fnk kindly send me the report too makinde3@yahoo.com i have be keeping an eye to your post n been waiting to see the name or formular.more grace to you elbow.

I look forward to hearing from you
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by markie79: 10:35pm On Apr 29, 2012
pls send it to my mail box also(seunmark06@gmail.com)
fnk: @willlexxx, yes you can send me your email. It will be 3 docs one is couple of them are in excel form so you can manipulate the numbers to fit the # of birds you want to raise and also the prices of some of the things you will need as I am sure them must have changed. The third doc is a compilation of my result. Remember, on this tread I have read from those who you can call guru in this industry, What I am sending you is my research and the result, it is not intended to be portrayed as the standard for poultry farming. Non the less, it was a well done job, because I personally managed it. Good luck.
pls send it to my mail box also(seunmark06@gmail.com)
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by origin4lif: 10:46pm On Apr 29, 2012
@fink; I am interested too, my email is origin4life@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 1:24pm On Apr 30, 2012
@fnk
Good afertnnon brother and hope your doing great.
Please the mail you sent to me did not continue the three documents you spoke about.I just saw a mail and there are no attachments .

Please help us forward the said material so we can adopt and use to help move the poultry sub sector of the agricultural industry forward....Thank you in advance sir and God bless
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 1:25pm On Apr 30, 2012
@fnk......my email address is aomoti@yahoo.com.

tnx and remain favoured.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sunky644(m): 7:25am On May 01, 2012
@fnk, kindly help me send d material too to sunjoks@live.com. We appreciate your kind gesture.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by pheonixdld: 8:26am On May 01, 2012
@fnk please and please send me the info also pheonixdld@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 2:27pm On May 01, 2012
This is from a friend's farm, I am trying to get the formula of the food he used for his birds.
http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/543231_3429877019248_1040019437_32587659_221110931_n.jpg
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omoejire: 2:58pm On May 01, 2012
@Fnk Received many thanks and God bless. I also sent you an email
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 3:09pm On May 01, 2012
Hello all,

Please if you get the attached docs in the email I sent you, please let me know here on Nairaland, omotititi, said that (He or she) didn't get the first one I sent. Just want to make sure everyone gets it. And please omotititi, if you still didn't it, let me know so that I can keep trying to make sure you get it.

Just a quick comment, This poultry industry holds a great opportunity for everyone who is willing to put their shoulders to the wheel and push along. One of the things that I noticed in my research was that it cost me about N15,000 (Fifteen thousand Naira) to raise 25 day old chicks to 2.5kg within 7 weeks. I am thinking very very small scale project to teach people how they can do this, and they can turn around and sell the chicken for about N850/kg which will give them about N2,125 estimate par bird. Multiple that by 25 birds, that will give you N53,125. Some people work as a gas station attendant and makes about N15k/month that means N30k in 2 months. or a new graduate who will spend the next 2 years looking for work. These individuals could be trained on how to do this and they will be their own BOSS with enough time in the day to do other things they like and at the same time growing their poultry business. From 25 birds, they can increase their next set to 30, 40, 50 birds and the growth will continue.

The comfort here is that the Nigerian population will swallow any quantity you throw at them, so it doesn't matter how many people are involved in this industry, of course the game will then becomes marketing, products differentiation and packaging. I have never been this excited about any thing before.

Good luck guys.

Franklin Kalu

7 Likes

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by markie79: 5:36pm On May 01, 2012
i got it many thanks pls if u have any things on layers and proper cage dimension pls send it to my mail box seunmark06@gmail.com.my regards
fnk: Hello all,

Please if you get the attached docs in the email I sent you, please let me know here on Nairaland, omotititi, said that (He or she) didn't get the first one I sent. Just want to make sure everyone gets it. And please omotititi, if you still didn't it, let me know so that I can keep trying to make sure you get it.

Just a quick comment, This poultry industry holds a great opportunity for everyone who is willing to put their shoulders to the wheel and push along. One of the things that I noticed in my research was that it cost me about N15,000 (Fifteen thousand Naira) to raise 25 day old chicks to 2.5kg within 7 weeks. I am thinking very very small scale project to teach people how they can do this, and they can turn around and sell the chicken for about N850/kg which will give them about N2,125 estimate par bird. Multiple that by 25 birds, that will give you N53,125. Some people work as a gas station attendant and makes about N15k/month that means N30k in 2 months. or a new graduate who will spend the next 2 years looking for work. These individuals could be trained on how to do this and they will be their own BOSS with enough time in the day to do other things they like and at the same time growing their poultry business. From 25 birds, they can increase their next set to 30, 40, 50 birds and the growth will continue.

The comfort here is that the Nigerian population will swallow any quantity you throw at them, so it doesn't matter how many people are involved in this industry, of course the game will then becomes marketing, products differentiation and packaging. I have never been this excited about any thing before.

Good luck guys.

Franklin Kalu
i got it many thanks pls if u have any things on layers and proper cage dimension pls send it to my mail box seunmark06@gmail.com.my regards
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by sunky644(m): 7:06pm On May 01, 2012
@fnk, thanks I got the mail and the attachment.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by Bblife1: 8:27pm On May 01, 2012
@fnk, did i offends u ? Why av i not receive report, pls get through to me
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by fnk: 8:47pm On May 01, 2012
@Bb life, I thought I have sent the docs to you as I have done to everyone that have asked. I have just emailed it to you now, please confirm.
How could you have offended me, I wish everyone the best of luck, including you my friend.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by soloniger(m): 12:02am On May 02, 2012
fnk: Hello all,

Good luck guys.

Franklin Kalu
@FNL, Please Let Me Have This Doc Via- asywudil@yahoo.com, Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by gmumeen: 7:45am On May 02, 2012
@fnk,pls am interested too my email is lovelytunmide@yahoo.com ,thks
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by omotititi: 8:29am On May 02, 2012
@fnk

I have the material now.God bless you real good.Thank you.
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by mmbello2: 9:28am On May 02, 2012
fnk: @Bb life, I thought I have sent the docs to you as I have done to everyone that have asked. I have just emailed it to you now, please confirm.
How could you have offended me, I wish everyone the best of luck, including you my friend.
@fnk. Pls can I also get a copy of those documents. My email is mmbello2@yahoo.com. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by cjenny: 1:10pm On May 02, 2012
@fnk I am equally intrested pls send to cukachukwu@yahoo.com
Re: Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) by davidzfarm(m): 3:08pm On May 02, 2012
@fnk, please let me be part of the blessing davidzfarm18@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (280) (Reply)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.