Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,728 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics (3684 Views)

Buhari Gave The Golden Eaglets N20,000 Because They Are Mostly Igbos / Nigeria Is Now The New Bride Of The World! / Are The Yoruba The Number One In Religious Tolerance? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:04pm On Apr 08, 2011
fstranger3:

And you who was disposed off to Obodo oyinbo from when you were little, pray tell, when did you live in the North?

I have never lived up North, but I have visited family members in Northern Nigeria. Can't you comprehend? Mehn when did traveling to the North equate to living up North?
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by jason123: 9:05pm On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

When I've visited Abuja too, I didn't get the impression that the southerners there were mostly Igbo. Then again, there might be a bit of selection bias. . . that El Rufai 70%+ landed properties thing, if true, suggests Igbo must be many there in Abuja

You are not biased, at least I do not believe so.
All what El rufia said was propaganda. Same as Tinubu and GEJ. They are using this to rig. I believe so.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

When I've visited Abuja too, I didn't get the impression that the southerners there were mostly Igbo. Then again, there might be a bit of selection bias. . . that El Rufai 70%+ landed properties thing, if true, suggests Igbo must be many there in Abuja

Not necessarily. Just a few wealthy Igbos are just buying up all the land. I don't know what is up with my people and buying land all around Nigeria and Africa in general.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by AljUche: 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@Jason, stop spreading falsehood here. There is no state in the North that Yorubas outnumber Ndigbo. Even Gowon, a former head of state claimed that Ndigbo are second to indigenes any where in the north.
Ndigbo and Yorubas are at par in Jos but add up Ndigbo from the South South in Jos, then Ndigbo are more.

andre there are more yorubas in the north than igbos believe it or not

because they have 2 yoruba state up there

secondly if u go to kano or sokoto you would think you are talking to an hausa/fulani man until he tells you his name

to some extent i believe jason on the population of yorubas in the north

but also i strongly acknowledge the igbo population

the thing is that the yorubas in the north have blended with the locals unlike the igbos who can be easlly spotted
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:06pm On Apr 08, 2011
jason123:

All what El rufia said was propaganda. Same as Tinubu and GEJ. They are using this to rig. I believe so.

And what was this propaganda? He has nothing to gain by saying Igbos own a lot of land in Abuja. Actually, he seemed worried about it.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by ektbear: 9:07pm On Apr 08, 2011
jason123:

I mean bias in the sense that since I'm Yoruba, I'll likely to interact more with Yoruba. That sort of bias will prevent you from truly assessing the demographics, if you are not careful.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by jason123: 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2011
Alj Uche:

andre there are more yorubas in the north than igbos believe it or not

because they have 2 yoruba state up there

secondly if u go to kano or sokoto you would think you are talking to an hausa/fulani man until he tells you his name

to some extent i believe jason on the population of yorubas in the north

but also i strongly acknowledge the igbo population

the thing is that the yorubas in the north have blended with the locals unlike the igbos who can be easlly spotted

Thanks but your credibility on this forum is undermined. Therefore, I want another Northerner to verify this.
Although, you made a valid point (bolded). That also explains the killings.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by fstranger3(m): 9:08pm On Apr 08, 2011
Jarus:

I don't know for any other state in the North but in Sokoto, where I traversed during service, Yoruba far outnumber Igbo.

My uncle attended University of Sokoto for his first degree, the bolded pretty much sums up his impression as well.

The Igbo on NL are nothing but loud mouths. I have never seen anything like it. When you have people like Ezeuche , a barely coherent 23 yr old residing in the US, holding brief for the whole of Ndigbo, I guess we shouldnt expect anything  better than the level of immaturity they display day-in day-out.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:10pm On Apr 08, 2011
Well I hope Yoruba do outnumber Igbo up North. About time. . . Finally Igbos are wise enough to not travel to the North in large numbers, because of the constant danger. cool
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by fstranger3(m): 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

I have never lived up North, but I have visited family members in Northern Nigeria. Can't you comprehend? Mehn when did traveling to the North equate to living up North?  

I make bold to say that you have never been to the North. You like to make up stuffs just to shore up your  non-existent Naija-cred.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:12pm On Apr 08, 2011
fstranger3:

The Igbo on NL are nothing but loud mouths. I have never seen anything like it. When you have people like Ezeuche , a barely coherent 23 yr old residing in the US, holding brief for the whole of Ndigbo, I guess we shouldnt expect anything  better than the level of immaturity they display day-in day-out.

fstranger you have made enemies all over Nairaland. I advise you as well to shut up. A person your age who still acts like a little child. Have you no shame?

My youth can bring out my passion, but for you, there is no way to explain your little mind. A buffoon who did not even attend college. grin
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by jason123: 9:13pm On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

And what was this propaganda? He has nothing to gain by saying Igbos own a lot of land in Abuja. Actually, he seemed worried about it.

I personally do not think he was worried. I think he was reffering to the rich igbo men and that does not relate to the population of igbos in Abuja. Btw, the propaganda was because he was perceived to be demolishing only igbo owned properties at that time. This was the same thing that happened in Lagos when Fashola was demolishing some properties perceived to be igbo owned.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by fstranger3(m): 9:15pm On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

Well I hope Yoruba do outnumber Igbo up North. About time. . . F[b]inally Igbos are wise enough to not travel to the North in large numbers, because of the constant danger. cool[/b]

Agian, another unnecessary tirade from an internet igbo gangster. You prolly think of yourself as the 'Igbo crusade' mafioso, init?

What a Arrow!

PS: I sincerely do advise you to post less, read more. This would not only help you on NL, but in real life as well.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by AljUche: 9:18pm On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

Well I hope Yoruba do outnumber Igbo up North. About time. . . Finally Igbos are wise enough to not travel to the North in large numbers, because of the constant danger.  cool

as i said earlier, the yorubas in the north are not easy to spot because they dress fulani but the igbos are very easy to spot

also a man named Kabiru Ibrahim can be fulani, kanuri, yoruba or hausa even igala or nupe. it all depends on if he tells you he is yoruba or not.

i even dare say the population of yorubas in the north are almost at par with my people kanuri.

you have not been to the north, i know what i am telling you

the good thing is that the northern yorubas are so well adapted to the north they vote like us cool
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:20pm On Apr 08, 2011
fstranger3:

Agian, another unnecessary tirade from an internet igbo gangster. You prolly think of yourself as the 'Igbo crusade' mafioso, init?

What a Arrow!

PS: I sincerely do advise you to post less, read more. This would not only help you on NL, but in real life as well.

^^^

I already know my niche. It is in business, and I have proven time and time again my expertise in financial transactions and economic concepts. Politics is just a hobby.

What are you known for? Simply picking fights with your betters. I pity you.  cry
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:22pm On Apr 08, 2011
Alj Uche:

as i said earlier, the yorubas in the north are not easy to spot because they dress fulani but the igbos are very easy to spot

also a man named Kabiru Ibrahim can be fulani, kanuri, yoruba or hausa even igala or nupe. it all depends on if he tells you he is yoruba or not.

i even dare say the population of yorubas in the north are almost at par with my people kanuri.

you have not been to the north, i know what i am telling you

the good thing is that the northern yorubas are so well adapted to the north they vote like us cool

Stop peddling lies. Doing the recent spates of violence in the North, the Yorubas have been bearing the brunt of the attacks.

Even if they are Muslim. Why do you think the Yoruba community in Jos was complaining?

The Hausa to differentiate between Yoruba and other Southern groups. Or have you forgot about that?
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by AljUche: 9:26pm On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

Stop peddling lies. Doing the recent spates of violence in the North, the Yorubas have been bearing the brunt of the attacks.

Even if they are Muslim. Why do you think the Yoruba community in Jos was complaining?

The Hausa to differentiate between Yoruba and other Southern groups. Or have you forgot about that?
what yorubas were killed, is it the christian yoruba or the muslim one, please answer ?

the jos yorubas are mainly christians and there names like oyedapo etc which sounds yoruba enough

if any yoruba is killed in the north, it is always a mistake quote me on this

you rearly see yorubas fighting in the north, why

it is because before you say you are killing a yoruba man, you have probably killed your friend or family

why do you think yorubas are not dealling with igbos in lagos

their have been intermarrages for hundreds of years
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by fstranger3(m): 9:29pm On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

I bet you know that because as usual you were on ground, init?

Well it is better you limit your opinion on what you know, dealing in drugs, just like those who 'birthed' you, 'cos you are doing a really bad job  discussin' politics. You are too young and  too irrational to comprehend Nigerian politics.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by fstranger3(m): 9:32pm On Apr 08, 2011
Alj Uche:

what yorubas were killed, is it the christian yoruba or the muslim one, please answer ?

the jos yorubas are mainly christians and there names like oyedapo etc which sounds yoruba enough

it is because before you say you are killing a yoruba man, you have probably killed your friend or family

Very true. I agree with this.

As you can tell already, the doofus doesnt understand what he is talking about.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:33pm On Apr 08, 2011
Alj Uche:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-405771.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-402036.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-625556.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202599.96.html

Seems like Yorubas are bearing the brunt in Jos. I hate sparring with intellectual inferiors.

And it must suck to be fstranger. The hate in his heart is too much. Makes you pity a man with that much hate in his heart.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by AljUche: 9:36pm On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-405771.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-402036.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-625556.0.html

Seems like Yorubas are bearing the brunt in Jos. I hate sparring with intellectual inferiors.

sorry brother but i do not think you know what i am talking about

i said a man named oyedele or dapo etc will proparbly get caught in the violence

but a man named ibrahim babakusa or Amedd Jabari etc will escape because you do not know if he is yourba or or fulani
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by AndreUweh(m): 9:40pm On Apr 08, 2011
@Al Uche and Jason, Kogi and Kwara states are places that the Yorubas outnumber Ndigbo. Reason, because those states have indigenous Yoruba population.
the Igbo in the north have been more assimiliated to the northern culture than the Yorubas have done. It is not surprising that Nigerian soldiers who people thought were Hausas all came home to fight on the Biafran side.
@Alh Uche, I thought you are no longer biased but am wrong. Even in your home state Borno, Yorubas are found in Maiduguri while Ndigbo are all over the place even in Malam Fatori and other Chad borders.
@Jarus, you being Yoruba will naturally incline you to relate with the Yorubas more than others in Sokoto, but it is not a reason for Yorubas to be more than Ndigbo in Sokoto state.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by ektbear: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2011
How did this thread become arguing back and forth about who is more in the north.

Let's instead stop that and celebrate the wonderful Yoruba people  cool
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by AljUche: 9:46pm On Apr 08, 2011
Andre Uweh:

@Al Uche and Jason, Kogi and Kwara states are places that the Yorubas outnumber Ndigbo. Reason, because those states have indigenous Yoruba population.
the Igbo in the north have been more assimiliated to the northern culture than the Yorubas have done. It is not surprising that Nigerian soldiers who people thought were Hausas all came home to fight on the Biafran side.
@Alh Uche, I thought you are no longer biased but am wrong. Even in your home state Borno, Yorubas are found in Maiduguri while Ndigbo are all over the place even in Malam Fatori and other Chad borders.
@Jarus, you being Yoruba will naturally incline you to relate with the Yorubas more than others in Sokoto, but it is not a reason for Yorubas to be more than Ndigbo in Sokoto state.

no no no

i not saying igbos do not hold a sizable chuck of the population of the north, far from it

all i am saying is that in the north there are more yorubiod groups than igbo

i do not what to sound baised or anything, believe me on this even in borno state igbos have there area, yorubas have there are as well
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:47pm On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

How did this thread become arguing back and forth about who is more in the north.

Let's instead stop that and celebrate the wonderful Yoruba people  cool

I rather think of the Yoruba as a bride as well. cool

Maybe I should join the Yoruba way and have 4 or 5 Yoruba wives.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by ektbear: 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2011
Igbo can be brides

Yoruba na kingmaker
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by fstranger3(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2011
EzeUche:

I rather think of the Yoruba as a bride as well.  cool

Maybe I should join the Yoruba way and have 4 or 5 Yoruba wives.

You are an im.becile for that post.
You definitely do not know anything about  the Yoruba people beyond what you read on NL and what your bigoted parents might have told you.

You'd be better served if you limited you opinion/curiosity to finding more about your yourself. You can start here on NL, in the culture section, since you have no where else to go.

Eediot!
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2011
ekt_bear:

Igbo can be brides

Yoruba na kingmaker

The Igbo are already betrothed to another. We the Igbos/SS and the Northerners would like a bite of the SW's apple. And we shall take that bite.  grin
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by EzeUche(m): 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2011
My mistake, fstrager. I meant to say 2 wives with 3 or 4 concubines.  cool

Spread love is the Yoruba way.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by AndreUweh(m): 9:55pm On Apr 08, 2011
Alj Uche:

no no no

i not saying igbos do not hold a sizable chuck of the population of the north, far from it

all i am saying is that in the north there are more yorubiod groups than igbo

i do not what to sound baised or anything, believe me on this even in borno state igbos have there area, yorubas have there are as well

Sometime ago, you said you are from Kukawa LGA in Borno state, I can't be precise now. In that Kukawa, how many Yorubas do you see compared to Ndigbo. In Borno, you have Yorubas who are mostly civil servants while Ndigbo are in business as well as  in civil service all over the state and other regions. Do not take away this gospel truth.
Re: Yoruba The Golden Bride Of Nigerian Politics by fstranger3(m): 10:01pm On Apr 08, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Sometime ago, you said you are from Kukawa LGA in Borno state, I can't be precise now. In that Kukawa, how many Yorubas do you see compared to Ndigbo. In Borno, you have Yorubas who are mostly civil servants while Ndigbo are in business as well as  in civil service all over the state and other regions. Do not take away this gospel truth.

In your decrepit mind, Yorubas are aversed to doing business, right?

No wonder the biggest business men in Northern Nigeria, and indeed in the whole of Nigeria, are of the Igbo extraction. cool

Whatever floats your boat mate!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is Oil Really That Important To Our Economy / @ INEC Office, Ilorin South LG Headquarters / Another Shocker To APC Withing 3 Days.......

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.