Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,707 members, 7,831,213 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6247 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 8:46pm On Mar 21, 2021
budaatum:

I don't think an atheist would marry you and any follower of Christ who does would be led astray by you. But I'll let others come tell you about your fruits instead of letting you waste my precious time.
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

I value my spiritual space as I don't want to share my home with satan as an inlaw

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 8:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Clarification : Jesus Christ never taught that His folowers, even the female ones, bow to/obey any man/woman as they would their one and only Master. Jesus Christ. undecided
No comment!
If I share a relevant guiding scripture, you will say it's not by Jesus.

Therefore case closed!

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

No comment!
If I share a relevant guiding scripture, you will say it's not by Jesus.

Therefore case closed!
Paul's opinions, many of which we already stated stand contrary to the very teachings of our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ, don't make for great guiding scripture as far as Christians go, does it? undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 8:55pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Paul's opinions, many of which we already stated stand contrary to the very teachings of our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ, don't make for great guiding scripture as far as Christians go, does it? undecided
Please what exactly did Jesus say with respect to Husband and Wife relationship?
How is Paul's position contradictory?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Please what exactly did Jesus say with respect to Husband and Wife relationship?
How is Paul's position contradictory?
Jesus Christ said Nothing. undecided

Meaning that all what Paul said was just his opinion and nothing else. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Meaning that all what Paul said was just his opinion and nothing else. undecided
How then can Paul contradict "nothing"?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 9:01pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:
....I don't want to share my home with satan ....
The pity is you fail to understand that satan has completely occupied your mind.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 9:04pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

How then can Paul contradict "nothing"?
When Jesus Christ says nothing about an issue, it means no one should make rules on such for others. undecided
When you elevate the opinions of Paul to God-level where Christian's are concerned, you stand in direct contradiction of what Jesus said, which is nothing, and you also disobey Jesus Christ who commands you never to offer up the opinions of men as if His Truth. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:07pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When Jesus Christ says nothing about an issue, it means no one should make rules for such for others. undecided
When you elevate the opinions of Paul to God-level where Christian's are concerned, you stand in direct contradiction of what Jesus said, which is nothing, and you also disobey Jesus Christ who commands you never to offer up the opinions of men as if His Truth. undecided
Like Jesus didn't speak about smoking Indian Hemp nor Snorting Cocaine.
Jesus didn't speak about Education nor Rape!

No one should have any opinion about it.

Sorry bro!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Like Jesus didn't speak about smoking Indian Hemp nor Snorting Cocaine.
Jesus didn't speak about Education nor Rape!

No one should have any opinion about it.

Sorry bro!
Who says no one can have an opinion? undecided

The rule is do not sell your opinion in the name of God because where God's Truth is concerned, they are nothing but lies, which is what all the doctrines and traditions of men are. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:10pm On Mar 21, 2021
budaatum:

The pity is you fail to understand that satan has completely occupied your mind.
I delight to see him fall everyone in my presence. But how do you think peace will exist if I always humiliate my father-in-law?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:12pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Who says no one can have an opinion? undecided

The rule is do not sell your opinion in the name of God because where God's Truth is concerned, they are nothing but lies, which is what many your doctrines and traditions of men are. undecided
The Scriptures guide me to living to please and honour Christ!
QED!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

The Scriptures guide me to living to please and honour Christ!
QED!
Scriptures that contradict the teachings of Christ can't do what you claim .I.e. honor Christ. undecided
It is impossible because such Scriptures make Jesus Christ out to be a liar. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:22pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Scriptures that contradict the teachings of Christ can't do what you claim .I.e. honor Christ. undecided
It is impossible because such Scriptures make Jesus Christ out to be a liar. undecided
By their fruit, they are known!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 9:24pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

By their fruit, they are known!
Remenber what Jesus Christ said of those. He said a bad tree can never produce good fruits - it can only produce more lies and unrighteous. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Remenber what Jesus Christ said of those. He said a bad tree can never produce good fruits - it can only produce more lies and unrighteous. undecided
Of course a bad tree CANNOT produce good fruit.

By their fruit, you shall know them is strictly VALID!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 9:28pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

Of course a bad tree CANNOT produce good fruit.

By their fruit, you shall know them is strictly VALID!
yep
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 10:11pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

The fact that you are an atheist is a direct consequence of the action of your mum.

You seem not to understand may take on this:
1. A woman who is already married to an atheist should not seek divorce. She should make the best out of her situation.
2. Such a Christian woman must obey her husband as unto Christ
3. A single Christian should not marry an atheist because not human being has the power to convert any man AND you cannot stop the Atheist husband having a negative spiritual influence over your children. It is not impossible that the woman herself stopped believing in God.

Numbers 1 and 2 is Scripturally based. Number 3 is common sense. A needless risk to bear!

My dear triplechoice, you are a good example of why the common sense in three is real

I am not a Atheist and there's no common sense in anything you have said.

You just jumped into conclusion without having enough information about me or my family background.

My Father was a vocal atheist but this didn't stop I and my other siblings, especially my immediate younger sister who at a time was greatly influenced by him, from attending Church and becoming Christians later in life.

So you can see that his influence counted for nothing, that is ,preventing us from becoming who we are later in life. I am not an atheist or a Christian today because. I know of the limitations of both position first hand from the experiences of my parents. So right now , I am in the middle; A skeptic and at the same time a spiritually conscious person . Nothing bad with that

I speak from my own life experience and I can certainly relate with the situation curenttly going on in the home if the op.. Its something
his children would greatly benefit from in the future

They would learn very well in that family setting how to use their head and heart in any given situation.
The head, from the father while the heart from the mum

Love is the only thing I think would make a believing Christian marry an atheist and for love sake, why are you against such a unoin?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 10:42pm On Mar 21, 2021
triplechoice:

If am not a Atheist and there's no common sense in anything you have said.

You just jumped into conclusion without having enough information about me or my family background.

My Father was a vocal atheist but this didn't stop I and my other siblings, especially my immediate younger sister who at a time was greatly influenced by him, from attending Church and becoming Christians later in life.

So you can see that his influence counted for nothing, that is ,preventing us from becoming who we are later in life. I am not an atheist or a Christian today because. I know of the limitations of both position first hand from the experiences of my parents. So right now , I am in the middle; A skeptic and at the same time a spiritually conscious person . Nothing bad with that

I speak from my own life experience and I can certainly relate with the situation curenttly going on in the home if the op.. Its something
his children would greatly benefit from in the future

They would learn very well in that family setting how to use their head and heart in any given situation.
The head, from the father while the heart from the mum

Love is the only thing I think would make a believing Christian marry an atheist and for love sake, why are you against such a unoin?

Love is a CHOICE a person makes to selflessly build and beautify the life of the other person. Love is NOT an emotion even though love feels Emotion whenever it succeeds.

The most important thing to a Christian is to bear Fruit for God through Christ while he/she await his transport to the eternal kingdom of God.

Why would it make sense to risk it by marrying an unbeliever?

An atheist doesn't value God!
An atheist doesn't know God!
An atheist doesn't care about God!

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Magnoliaa(f): 11:14pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:

Okayyy. So you don't believe Paul was a Christian and neither was he saved? He fabricated the story of his conversion on the way to Damascus? All his missionary journeys, and writings and miracles, and the 'spreading' of the gospel were all just in his head and he put himself in danger's way just for the sake of it?

What I'm trying to point out is that Paul's writings are the result of his salvation. If his writings are his opinions, then the rest of things about him are false too.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 11:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
shadeyinka:

I delight to see him fall everyone in my presence. But how do you think peace will exist if I always humiliate my father-in-law?

So, you admit that it is you who will behave badly, and not your father-in-law?

Is that not because your father-in-law of your atheist wife has Christ in him while theist you have no Christ in you to help you resist evil?

Are you not just a [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6%3A46-49&version=NIV]Lordist[/url], Shadeyinka, who sees no value in his father-in-law?

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Magnoliaa(f): 11:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
Kobojunkie:
When Jesus Christ says nothing about an issue, it means no one should make rules on such for others. undecided

Right. So Jesus Christ said nothing on rape, prostitution, smoking, and so many other things. And according to you, "nothing" by Jesus Christ is in contradiction to the laws and rules man came up with. That means you're saying Jesus Christ is in support of such things he spoke nothing of. Or you know that whatever rose out of the conscience of man concerning morals, that Jesus Christ didn't speak on is not something he'll be against? Whatever bad thing humans engage in, Christ would always be in support because He didn't say anything about them?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 11:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Okayyy. So you don't believe Paul was a Christian and neither was he saved? He fabricated the story of his conversion on the way to Damascus? All his missionary journeys, and writings and miracles, and the 'spreading' of the gospel were all just in his head and he put himself in danger's way just for the sake of it?
I never met Paul so I don't know of his particulars. From what I have read, he was a believer, hence he had salvation(from the condemnation of Sin, which is Death), and he did what was written of him in the Acts of the Apostles by the supposed author, Luke.undecided

I have read and studied all of his letters, and what is clear is that he communicated his views of the gospel with several, mostly Jewish, Christian communities. And that is the extent of my knowledge of who the man was. undecided
Magnoliaa:
What I'm trying to point out is that Paul's writings are the result of his salvation. If his writings are his opinions, then the rest of things about him are false too.
Paul never wrote directly of the gospel teachings of Jesus Christ, instead, he argued ideas and issues that concerned the lives of the believers, particularly the Jewish believers, he was in communication with. So when people pretend that the Gospel of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ was somehow done away with or explained better by Paul, they do so out of ignorance, because, as I said, Paul never actually teaches the gospels in his letters, but instead makes several, somewhat flawed attempts at arguing for the gospels. When I say flawed, I mean that there are statements in his letters that run contrary to the very Truth of Jesus Christ. That can be left for another topic. undecided

Jesus Christ, the Word of God(Truth) is the only one who has seen God and is right now at the right hand of God Almighty, in Heaven. Paul, and all the apostles before him and every other believer who has gone before us, are still sleeping in their graves, awaiting the return of Jesus Christ, and final judgment of their works on this earth. Whose words will you put your trust in? Jesus Christ's Or Paul's. undecided

I don't know of you but I choose Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Every other idea or teaching has to measure up to the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, or is discarded for what it is - the doctrines and traditions of men, which Jesus Christ called lies and meaningless where God, and the Kingdom of God, is concerned. And as Paul himself declared, "Let man be a liar, and God be true".undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:03am On Mar 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Right. So Jesus Christ said nothing on rape, prostitution, smoking, and so many other things. And according to you, "nothing" by Jesus Christ is in contradiction to the laws and rules man came up with. That means you're saying Jesus Christ is in support of such things he spoke nothing of. Or you know that whatever rose out of the conscience of man concerning morals, that Jesus Christ didn't speak on is not something he'll be against? Whatever bad thing humans engage in, Christ would always be in support because He didn't say anything about them?
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is the Law as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned. Ignorant men who make chosen to contradict His very commandments by teaching additional laws and rules for His Kingdom are deceived since in their foolishness they supposed themselves equal to Him where His Kingdom is concerned. undecided

Recall that Jesus Christ made it clear in His teaching that the Kingdom of God is not of this World. So, where Jesus Christ says, "Nothing", it means that which He does not speak of does not apply to His Kingdom. For example, on the issue of who one can marry or how to comport self in marriage, Jesus Christ said nothing since He already declared that your marriages have nothing to do with His Kingdom - they are instead of this World. That means it is up to individuals who enter into marriage contracts to decide what they will in their situation and how they will work it out for themselves - God has no rule over it.

As far as rape, prostitution, smoking, so many other things... those belong to this world and so the decision is left to the world of men to tackle for themselves as they see fit - the decisions have nothing to do with His Kingdom and His New Covenant.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Magnoliaa(f): 12:16am On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I never met Paul so I don't know of his particulars. From what I have read, he was a believer, hence he had salvation(from the condemnation of Sin, which is Death), and he did what was written of him in the Acts of the Apostles by the supposed author, Luke.undecided

I have read and studied all of his letters, and what is clear is that he communicated his views of the gospel with several, mostly Jewish, Christian communities. And that is the extent of my knowledge of who the man was. undecided
Paul never wrote directly of the gospel teachings of Jesus Christ, instead, he argued ideas and issues that concerned the lives of the believers, particularly the Jewish believers, he was in communication with. So when people pretend that the Gospel of the Kingdom of Jesus Christ was somehow done away with or explained better by Paul, they do so out of ignorance, because, as I said, Paul never actually teaches the gospels in his letters, but instead makes several, somewhat flawed attempts at arguing for the gospels. When I say flawed, I mean that there are statements in his letters that run contrary to the very Truth of Jesus Christ. That can be left for another topic. undecided

Jesus Christ, the Word of God(Truth) is the only one who has seen God and is right now at the right hand of God Almighty, in Heaven. Paul, and all the apostles before him and every other believer who has gone before us, are still sleeping in their graves, awaiting the return of Jesus Christ, and final judgment of their works on this earth. Whose words will you put your trust in? Jesus Christ's Or Paul's. undecided

I don't know of you but I choose Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. Every other idea or teaching has to measure up to the Truth of God, Jesus Christ, or is discarded for what it is - the doctrines and traditions of men, which Jesus Christ called lies and meaningless where God, and the Kingdom of God, is concerned. And as Paul himself declared, "Let man be a liar, and God be true".undecided

So much here I can't respond to. And it's too late. But fine. If you don't rate Paul nor consider him to be very much influential in the spreading of the gospel. You should go all the way and discount his lived experiences, too. They were just theatrics and he sooo wanted to die for a non-existent person who gave him inspiration to write epistles that contradicted the imaginary "saviour" he thought was Jesus.

I'll assume you've done your due work, sha. smiley Because this Jesus Christ is nobody any of us has seen and so anything you can get about him is going to be either through:

-writings by people (which you'll have to subject to the same scrutiny you subjected Paul's epistles to) and you're a man yourself, and you'll subject your own logic to the same scrutiny, because you're given to errors, so how are you so sure you're picking the right truth of Jesus?!

-you have a spiritual encounter/revelation with Him (the same thing we can say for Paul or any other Christian who says they know Jesus which is highly subjective and falsifiable).

The truthfulness of these personal experiences can only be ascertained by what was written about Jesus then. Like, if you want to know a true Christian, put them side by side with Christ. But who KNOWS Christ, personally, except the eyewitnesses/disciples who ate and drank with Him? If we start disputing and cherry-picking these guys' write-ups as their fantasies and personal ideologies, then you can't claim to know Christ. You'll just keep falling back on personal writings and revelations. So where is the OBJECTIVE measurement?

One last question: do you not believe in the Bible? As the true, complete, inerrant Word of God?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Magnoliaa(f): 12:31am On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, is the Law as far as the Kingdom of God is concerned. Ignorant men who make chosen to contradict His very commandments by teaching additional laws and rules for His Kingdom are deceived since in their foolishness they supposed themselves equal to Him where His Kingdom is concerned. undecided

Recall that Jesus Christ made it clear in His teaching that the Kingdom of God is not of this World. So, where Jesus Christ says, "Nothing", it means that which He does not speak of does not apply to His Kingdom. For example, on the issue of who one can marry or how to comport self in marriage, Jesus Christ said nothing since He already declared that your marriages have nothing to do with His Kingdom - they are instead of this World. That means it is up to individuals who enter into marriage contracts to decide what they will in their situation and how they will work it out for themselves - God has no rule over it.

As far as rape, prostitution, smoking, so many other things... those belong to this world and so the decision is left to the world of men to tackle for themselves as they see fit - the decisions have nothing to do with His Kingdom and His New Covenant.

Ehn. Just give a straight forward answer then: poverty, rape, prostitution and the numerous cold realities of this world are things Jesus do not care about? Or to put it in another way, according to you, because Christ didn't say anything on rape, if we make moral laws about it, they do not seem like laws Jesus would be in favor of, abi? (Especially as God seem to be so big on Justice). Lol... you're really trying so hard to detach this world from the Kingdom of God, and I understand, but you know without sin, there'd be no need for Jesus dying. Who are the people he came to die for? Sinners. Where? Inside this world. So stop trying to paint Jesus as an "I-don't-care" man who is completely and utterly detached from... I mean, is it not from this world he'll get people for that Kingdom? Believers live amidst the chaos of this world, so you cannot just write our reality here out of our relationship with him. He even said he came to give us life, and in abundance. So how do you think he expects us to live that life? Raping people? Killing people? Sleeping around? Using hard drugs, being unkind and unfair to others, etc., because he didn't speak directly on these things?

That his kingdom is not of this world =/= nonchalance about what we do especially as believers, or His followers.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Judybash93(m): 12:46am On Mar 22, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
You can never marry a true Christian because God's word says Christians should marry only in the Lord meaning someone in the same FAITH {1Corinthians 7:39} a true Christian will prefer to die single rather than marrying an unbeliever! 1Corinthians 7:40

So you are married to a misinformed Churchgoer Sir, not a Christian! smiley

What's I've noticed is that religious people tend to create more disunity amongst humans as compared to other groups that exist. The Bible says this, the Bible said that... Relax and live
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 1:12am On Mar 22, 2021
When you are done with this denier of Paul, meet here a denier of the entire New Testament, and then consider buda the unbeliever in the Bible who loves every single Word in the book.

An amazing lot, we Creators of Gods are.

Magnoliaa:

So much here I can't respond to. And it's too late. But fine. If you don't rate Paul nor consider him to be very much influential in the spreading of the gospel. You should go all the way and discount his lived experiences, too. They were just theatrics and he sooo wanted to die for a non-existent person who gave him inspiration to write epistles that contradicted the imaginary "saviour" he thought was Jesus.

I'll assume you've done your due work, sha. smiley Because this Jesus Christ is nobody any of us has seen and so anything you can get about him is going to be either through:

-writings by people (which you'll have to subject to the same scrutiny you subjected Paul's epistles to) and you're a man yourself, and you'll subject your own logic to the same scrutiny, because you're given to errors, so how are you so sure you're picking the right truth of Jesus?!

-you have a spiritual encounter/revelation with Him (the same thing we can say for Paul or any other Christian who says they know Jesus which is highly subjective and falsifiable).

The truthfulness of these personal experiences can only be ascertained by what was written about Jesus then. Like, if you want to know a true Christian, put them side by side with Christ. But who KNOWS Christ, personally, except the eyewitnesses/disciples who ate and drank with Him? If we start disputing and cherry-picking these guys' write-ups as their fantasies and personal ideologies, then you can't claim to know Christ. You'll just keep falling back on personal writings and revelations. So where is the OBJECTIVE measurement?

One last question: do you not believe in the Bible? As the true, complete, inerrant Word of God?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 1:31am On Mar 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:
I don't need to rate Paul or his views since what matters is the Truth of God as revealed by Jesus Christ, the one who is the New Covenant, the embodiment of the Law that is of the Kingdom of God.
Magnoliaa:
I'll assume you've done your due work, sha. smiley Because this Jesus Christ is nobody any of us has seen and so anything you can get about him are going to be either through:

This is simply an issue of and nothing else. You are asked to put your trust in God and trust that God will reveal His Truth to you when you work towards obeying Him. In the Gospel writings, Jesus Christ is recorded as instructing those who believe in Him to accept(trust) and obey His teachings (not the teachings of men). So this comes down to a matter of whether you are willing to believe that God is who He says He is and His Word is indeed Truth as God declared. If you are willing to put your trust in God, then you should be able to trust that God is God enough to not bungle His own Word(Truth) and promise to us.

Remember Abraham, the one we were told started off as an idol worshipper. well, that man never saw God before he made the decision to step out in obedience to the call of God either. Abraham chose to put his trust in the invisible Almighty, and so stepped outside of himself, doing all the works that God commanded of Him in obedience, trusting that God was who He said He is.

Genesis 26 vs 1-5 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now there was a famine. This was like the famine that happened during Abraham’s life. So Isaac went to the town of Gerar, to King Abimelech of the Philistines.
2. The Lord spoke to Isaac and said, “Don’t go down to Egypt. Live in the land that I commanded you to live in.
3. Stay in this land, and I will be with you. I will bless you. I will give you and your family all these lands. I will do what I promised to Abraham your father.
4. I will make your family as many as the stars of heaven, and I will give all these lands to your family. Through your descendants[a] every nation on earth will be blessed.
5. I will do this because your father Abraham obeyed my words and did what I said. He obeyed my commands, my laws, and my rules.”
God Himself commended Abraham for his faith(Trust and obedience) and blessed him as a result.

We all, those who saw Jesus Christ and those who have never seen Him, are called to do the same thing Abraham did, and that is to put our trust in God and in His Word and be willing to obey Him especially when it does not make sense to us. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Mar 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:
Ehn. Just give a straight forward answer then: poverty, rape, prostitution and the numerous cold realities of this world are things Jesus do not care about?.
Jesus Christ told you that His Kingdom is NOT of this world. He came to tell you of His Kingdom and how can make it into His Kingdom - He did not come to deal with the politics and issues of this world for you since men have their hands full with that. He came to recruit you for His own Kingdom, the Kingdom of God.
Magnoliaa:
Or to put it in another way, according to you, because Christ didn't say anything on rape, if we make moral laws about it, they do not seem like laws Jesus would be in favor of, abi? (Especially as God seem to be so big on Justice).
Let's try this with just the issue of rape for example. Jesus Christ declared lust a sin, and also instructed His followers to love their neighbor as they would love their own selves(love their enemies more). He never particularly mentions rape at all. So, anyone who is indeed a follower of Jesus Christ knows without a doubt that rape is a sinundecided

Now, if you choose to make for yourselves additional laws/moral laws surrounding the issue of rape... those laws belong to you and not His Kingdom, and those who follow those Laws do not do so in the Name of Jesus Christ. So, as long as you do not attempt to append your laws to Jesus Christ's own rules, you are good. It is when men try to sell their moral/laws(commandments of men) in the name of God that it becomes a problem against them and a sin. undecided

The Pharisees did exactly that and were castigated by Jesus Christ for that. He warned them that when they do that, what they in fact end up doing is cursing themselves by it. According to Jesus Christ, these doctrines and commandments they adopt, pretending they do so in His name nullifies the very Power of God in their lives and renders meaningless their worship of God.

Mark 7 vs 1-13 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Now when the Pharisees gathered to him, with some of the scribes who had come from Jerusalem,
2. they saw that some of his disciples ate with hands that were defiled, that is, unwashed.
3. (For the Pharisees and all the Jews do not eat unless they wash their hands properly,[a] holding to the tradition of the elders,
4. and when they come from the marketplace, they do not eat unless they wash. And there are many other traditions that they observe, such as the washing of cups and pots and copper vessels and dining couches.[c])
[b] 5.
And the Pharisees and the scribes asked him, “Why do your disciples not walk according to the tradition of the elders, but eat with defiled hands?”
6. And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written,
“‘This people honors me with their lips,
but their heart is far from me;

7. in vain do they worship me,
teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

8. You leave the commandment of God and hold to the (doctrines and rules)** tradition of men.”
9. And he said to them, “You have a fine way of rejecting the commandment of God in order to establish your tradition!
10. For Moses said, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘Whoever reviles father or mother must surely die.’
11. But you say, ‘If a man tells his father or his mother, “Whatever you would have gained from me is Corban”’ (that is, given to God)[d]—
12. then you no longer permit him to do anything for his father or mother,
13. thus making void the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And many such things you do.”
** substituted from another Bible translation for better understanding of what is impacted
So, of what good are these doctrines and moral codes/commandments of men at the end of the day? They are curses upon those who practice them.
Magnoliaa:
Lol... you're really trying so hard to detach this world from the Kingdom of God, and I understand, but you know without sin, there'd be no need for Jesus dying.
Sin is defined in the New Covenant that is Jesus Christ. Just as the Old Covenant laws defined for those of the blood of Jacob what constituted Sin as far as God is concerned, so also the New Covenant agreement between God and individual man defines for each what Sin is. Unlike the Old Covenant which had about 613 commandments that defined Sin for the Israelites, Jesus Christ, the New Covenant, gives us only about 50-something definitions.
Magnoliaa:
Who are the people he came to die for? Sinners. Where? Inside this world. So stop trying to paint Jesus as an "I-don't-care" man who is completely and utterly detached from... I mean, is it not from this world he'll get people for that Kingdom?
I never painted Jesus Christ as an "I don't-care" man. Instead He is more of a "I-want-you-free" man, and that is why He came to give you a Covenant with a lighter yoke and an easier burden to bear, unlike the Old Covenant which had 613 commandments for the children of Israel to live by.

Matthew 11 vs 27-30 (ESV)
27. All things have been handed over to me by my Father, and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
30. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”
Every commandment you make for yourselves, your moral codes included, are chains restricting your freedoms as individuals. Jesus Christ came to give you a lesser burden to bear. That does not mean that He does not care... instead it means He wants you free to live life freely here on earth without the unnecessary burdens.
Magnoliaa:
Believers live amidst the chaos of this world, so you cannot just write our reality here out of our relationship with him. He even said he came to give us life and in abundance. So how do you think he expects us to live that life? Raping people? Killing people? Sleeping around? Using hard drugs, being unkind and unfair to others, etc., because he didn't speak directly on these things?

That his kingdom is not of this world =/= nonchalance about what we do especially as believers or His followers.
He expects you to live free of shackles and burdens of unnecessary rules and commandments. That is what Jesus Christ came that you may have. He wants you to, where He has not given you rules, to decide what you want to take place. He gave you abundant life -- eternal life so you free yourself from fear and live as He commands you to since there is eternity await you after this one.

That His Kingdom is not of this world means you are free from shackles to live freely in this world without judgment where He has given you no rules. You speak of people Raping people, killing people...Sleeping around... when you choose to burden yourself with commandments that Jesus Christ never gave you, what do you hope to accomplish with those chains around your neck where those issues are concerned? undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Magnoliaa(f): 3:40am On Mar 22, 2021
@Kobojunkie - You don't get my point, do you?

In your same mind and based on some unseen rubrics, you're dismissing Paul but you believe and are quoting other verses and Abraham of the Bible to be true. You called Paul a mortal, but you're a mortal yourself and subjecting the Bible to your understanding.

What makes you think the same way you're fixated on, on how to know the Truth, is not the same way Paul took?

Finally you agreed on rape being a sin, after so many roundabouts of "Jesus didn't speak on it." I'll say that should perfectly sum what we're saying up for you and make you understand, but I wouldn't bet on it. You should know then that because Scriptures is silent is not an outright stamp of approval on some issues or an outright condemnation and not say, "DoN't MaKe LaWs FoR OThErs."

Don't speak for Jesus, or the Bible, too, puffed up, man. ^_^

I'm not doing this with you again. You and your mind should continue.

budaatum:
When you are done with this denier of Paul, meet here a denier of the entire New Testament, and then consider buda the unbeliever in the Bible who loves every single Word in the book.

An amazing lot, we Creators of Gods are.

Lol. grin I'll go through this later in the day.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 5:04am On Mar 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:
@Kobojunkie - You don't get my point, do you?
In your same mind and based on some unseen rubrics, you're dismissing Paul but you believe and are quoting other verses and Abraham of the Bible to be true. You called Paul a mortal, but you're a mortal yourself and subjecting the Bible to your understanding.

What makes you think the same way you're fixated on, how to know the Truth, is not the same way Paul took?
Like I already stated before, it is simply a matter of who you choose to trust in all of this. I choose to, just like Abraham in the Old Testament, and the disciples, put my trust in God, and His Word. God is True, and His Word is Truth, so by putting my trust in what God is recorded as having said, I can rest assured that God Himself will make certain that I am not misled. undecided

Consider the following Bible passages. The first passage is a record of God Almighty declaring that He justified through the works Abraham did in obedience to God's command, laws, and rules.

Genesis 26 vs 1-5 (ERV)
1. Now there was a famine. This was like the famine that happened during Abraham’s life. So Isaac went to the town of Gerar, to King Abimelech of the Philistines.
2. The Lord spoke to Isaac and said, “Don’t go down to Egypt. Live in the land that I commanded you to live in.
3. Stay in this land, and I will be with you. I will bless you. I will give you and your family all these lands. I will do what I promised to Abraham your father.
4. I will make your family as many as the stars of heaven, and I will give all these lands to your family. Through your descendants[a] every nation on earth will be blessed.
5. I will do this because your father Abraham obeyed my words and did what I said. He obeyed my commands, my laws, and my rules.”

And here we have Paul airing his view stating that Abraham was justified because he believed God.

Romans 4 vs 1-4 (ERV)
1. What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
2. For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
3. For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
4. Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.

Because my trust is in God and not in the views and opinions of men, I choose to believe what is recorded of God Almighty in Genesis 26, and allow Paul His view since my Trust is in God and God alone. What this means is I believe the account given of God all of the time. undecided
Hope you get it now!undecided
Magnoliaa:
Finally you agreed on rape being a sin, after so many roundabouts of "Jesus didn't speak on it." I'll say that should perfectly sum what we're saying up for you and make you understand, but I wouldn't bet on it. You should know then that because Scriptures is silent is not an outright stamp of approval on some issues or an outright condemnation and not say, "DoN't MaKe LaWs FoR OThErs."

Don't speak for Jesus, or the Bible, too, puffed up, man. ^_^

I'm not doing this with you again. You and your mind should continue.
Lol. grin I'll go through this later in the day.
Again, try to focus! I didn't say rape is a sin... Jesus Christ never declared rape a sin and I do not have the power to declare anything as sin under Jesus Christ. undecided

What I said is anyone who is a follower of Jesus Christ knows instead that lust is a sin and it is a sin to do commit hateful acts against your neighbor - put those together and you have that rape is wrong. And yes, Jesus Christ did not speak of it because He did not need to. undecided
Your assumption that silence implies outright approval is all yours and not mine - I never said that neither did it cross my mind that it could be construed as that since it should not. Where scripture is silent, you are also commanded not to add or remove from the commandments of God. So, you are left to decide what you will do in your individual situation - you are free to make a choice, bound still by every other commandment given you. undecided
So, that Jesus Christ did not speak of rape does not then mean you throw out all the other laws, and have yourself on a crime spree.... no that is eejit thinking! Where Jesus Christ did not give a law, for example, as regards whom you can marry, it means you are free to make your own decisions, while still under the commandments that He has already given you. Where Jesus Christ did not say anything about the taking of drugs, it means you are free to think for yourself on these issues without "Sin" shackles limiting your choices. undecided
I see you probably didn't read the commandment Jesus Christ gave warning against injecting doctrines and traditions of men into His teachings. You should because that sin comes with a curse and I believe it to be the reason why many who claim to be of Jesus Christ carry their lives and worries on their own heads today, worrying about such things about how terrible the world is and the whole nine. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

Physcical Bodies Dwelling In Spiritual Heavens - Viaro, Lets Chat It Through. / Audio / How To Kill A Witch/wizard In Your Family & Environment ( Photos & Videos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.