Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,242 members, 7,853,230 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6384 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 7:04am On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

So, you admit that it is you who will behave badly, and not your father-in-law?

Is that not because your father-in-law of your atheist wife has Christ in him while theist you have no Christ in you to help you resist evil?

Are you not just a [url=https://classic.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+6%3A46-49&version=NIV]Lordist[/url], Shadeyinka, who sees no value in his father-in-law?

Luk 10:19:
"Behold, I give to you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

I am a soldier of Christ and I thank Him for putting satan under my feet. If satan literally comes to my home, I shall gun him down. Unfortunately, isn't it disrespectful to gun down the father of my spouse?
Therefore, how can there be peace because satan cannot have his way in my presence.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Magnoliaa(f): 7:13am On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Like I already stated before, it is simply a matter of who you choose to trust in all of this. I choose to, just like Abraham in the Old Testament, and the disciples, put my trust in God, and His Word. God is True, and His Word is Truth, so by putting my trust in what God is recorded as having said, I can rest assured that God Himself will make certain that I am not misled. undecided

Consider the following Bible passages. The first passage is a record of God Almighty declaring that He justified through the works Abraham did in obedience to God's command, laws, and rules.

And here we have Paul airing his view stating that Abraham was justified because he believed God.

Because my trust is in God and not in the views and opinions of men, I choose to believe what is recorded of God Almighty in Genesis 26, and allow Paul His view since my Trust is in God and God alone. What this means is I believe the account given of God all of the time. undecided
Hope you get it now!undecided
Again, try to focus! I didn't say rape is a sin... Jesus Christ never declared rape a sin and I do not have the power to declare anything as sin under Jesus Christ. undecided

What I said is anyone who is a follower of Jesus Christ knows instead that lust is a sin and it is a sin to do commit hateful acts against your neighbor - put those together and you have that rape is wrong. And yes, Jesus Christ did not speak of it because He did not need to. undecided
Your assumption that silence implies outright approval is all yours and not mine - I never said that neither did it cross my mind that it could be construed as that since it should not. Where scripture is silent, you are also commanded not to add or remove from the commandments of God. So, you are left to decide what you will do in your individual situation - you are free to make a choice, bound still by every other commandment given you. undecided
So, that Jesus Christ did not speak of rape does not then mean you throw out all the other laws, and have yourself on a crime spree.... no that is eejit thinking! Where Jesus Christ did not give a law, for example, as regards whom you can marry, it means you are free to make your own decisions, while still under the commandments that He has already given you. Where Jesus Christ did not say anything about the taking of drugs, it means you are free to think for yourself on these issues without "Sin" shackles limiting your choices. undecided
I see you probably didn't read the commandment Jesus Christ gave warning against injecting doctrines and traditions of men into His teachings. You should because that sin comes with a curse and I believe it to be the reason why many who claim to be of Jesus Christ carry their lives and worries on their own heads today, worrying about such things about how terrible the world is and the whole nine. undecided

Waow. How you do this? Amazing. You don't have the power to declare anything, yet you're saying who is right or wrong.

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

I've not said anything different.

A true Christian who chooses to marry an atheist is a big fat fool as she thinks she's above the level of humanity.
What happens if she dies after giving birth to three children for her husband?. What is the probability that the children will know God. ?

It's like a pastor who allows a woman to touch him inappropriately in the name of spirituality. Such a pastor is a big fat fool.

Like there are any guarantees that children from christian parents will remain christian neither are there any guarantees that children of atheist parents will remain atheists. If this is your reason then it's a piss poor one.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 9:56am On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Like there are any guarantees that children from christian parents will remain christian neither are there any guarantees that children of atheist parents will remain atheists. If this is your reason then it's a piss poor one.
There is not guarantee, however it's also good to be safe.

Luk 4:12:
"And Jesus answering said to him, It is said, You shall not tempt the Lord your God."

You think this discrimination is just against Atheists!? No!

Any true Christian MUST not marry any one who isn't a true Christian. Whether the person claims to be one or not, whether he is even a pastor or not.

We advocate that a true Christian will marry based on these two spiritual conditions

1. The spouse to be is born again
2. The spouse to be loves God.

When these two are not present in a person, it is a highly risky spiritual venture to take. (A true Christian doesn't see marriage as just physical but also a spiritual union).

In other words, brother LordReed, the embargo isn't just on Atheists!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 10:10am On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

Love is a CHOICE a person makes to selflessly build and beautify the life of the other person. Love is NOT an emotion even though love feels Emotion whenever it succeeds.

The most important thing to a Christian is to bear Fruit for God through Christ while he/she await his transport to the eternal kingdom of God.

Why would it make sense to risk it by marrying an unbeliever?

An atheist doesn't value God!
An atheist doesn't know God!
An atheist doesn't care about God!

I rather you focused on the op. Its the reason I engaged you.
You're deflecting because you're unable to directly answer to anything I have said concerning it.
You continue to resist and deny the reality of something that has already happened despite the fact that your quoted bible verses said you shouldn't but must accept.

If love is a choice that we make to build and beautify the life of the next person, why standing as an obstacle to those who want to make this choice. Or is it that non believers don't deserve their lives been beautified.

Do you even think you're in a position to determine one's choice of love?

You talk so much of love without being able to demonstrate it
Love is sacrifice. The reason your savior paid the ultimate price even when you don't deserve it. Unfortunately you have not earnt from this

Please open another thread of your own if you want to discuss whether a Christian should marry a non believer. What we are discussing here has happened already
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 10:24am On Mar 22, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Waow. How you do this? Amazing. You don't have the power to declare anything, yet you're saying who is right or wrong.
please take time to read through the Gospels so you understand that you are meant to, within the confines of the Law, Jesus Christ ,judge what is right and what is wrong, and the who as well. undecided

If you in fact read through the conversation I had with the other, you would have noticed us mentioning some of those teachings in several places. undecided

And one more thing about Trust, the one whose report you put your trust in is the one whose words became the standard for Truth in your life. If you put your Trust in the Word out of God's mouth, then He becomes your standard as far as Truth is concerned. If you choose to instead trust in the declarations of men, then man become the standard for Truth in your life.undecided
In Jeremiah 17 , God literally places a curse on everyone who would put his/her trust in man, making the job a whole lot easier as far as choosing whether to choose God's Word over man's. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 10:35am On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

There is not guarantee, however it's also good to be safe.

Luk 4:12:
"And Jesus answering said to him, It is said, You shall not tempt the Lord your God."

You think this discrimination is just against Atheists!? No!

Any true Christian MUST not marry any one who isn't a true Christian. Whether the person claims to be one or not, whether he is even a pastor or not.

We advocate that a true Christian will marry based on these two spiritual conditions

When these two are not present in a person, it is a highly risky spiritual venture to take. (A true Christian doesn't see marriage as just physical but also a spiritual union).

In other words, brother LordReed, the embargo isn't just on Atheists!

So called true christian couples still divorce but someone says he is living peacefully with his christian wife as an atheist, here you are trying to throw shade, for what exactly? You don't like that they are happy or peaceful? Why can't you be happy for them?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 11:09am On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

So called true christian couples still divorce but someone says he is living peacefully with his christian wife as an atheist, here you are trying to throw shade, for what exactly? You don't like that they are happy or peaceful? Why can't you be happy for them?

Shadeyinka is not only right, he’s also the true Christian. The only true Christian I see on this thread.

From the Christian perspective, eternal damnation has to be avoided no matter what it costs otherwise there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth in the lake of fire. Avoiding godless heathens, atheists, pagans, and other undesirables is to be expected and promoted so that one’s soul is not damned for eternity.

A Christian woman who has chosen to procreate with an atheist has committed a grave sin that has jeopardized her children’s souls. If we take christianity to it’s logical conclusion, Shadeyinka is right. One must do everything to avoid hell like Jesus said. Cut off your tongue, pluck out your eye, set loose the atheist etc

The maxim “love your neighbor as yourself” also means do all you can to ensure that your neighbor avoids hell. So, admonishing the Christian woman for marrying a godless heathen is a show of love. Good ol’ fashioned Christian love.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 11:22am On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

Shadeyinka is not only right, he’s also the true Christian. The only true Christian I see on this thread.

From the Christian perspective, eternal damnation has to be avoided no matter what it costs otherwise there will be wailing and gnashing of teeth in the lake of fire. Avoiding godless heathens, atheists, pagans, and other undesirables is to be expected and promoted so that one’s soul is not damned for eternity.

A Christian woman who has chosen to procreate with an atheist has committed a grave sin that has jeopardized her children’s souls. If we take christianity to it’s logical conclusion, Shadeyinka is right. One must do everything to avoid hell like Jesus said. Cut off your tongue, pluck out your eye, set loose the atheist etc

The maxim “love your neighbor as yourself” also means do all you can to ensure that your neighbor avoids hell. So, admonishing the Christian woman for marrying a godless heathen is a show of love. Good ol’ fashioned Christian love.

You and shade have not directly answered the op. The issue is not whether believers should be encouraged to marry non believers but if those who are already married can be happy together
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 11:29am On Mar 22, 2021
triplechoice:

You and shade have not directly answered the op. The issue is not whether believers should be encouraged to marry non believers but if those who are already married can be happy together

Shadeyinka is the one going about the Christian faith properly. A true Christian would sacrifice the relationship like the advice given in Matthew 5:29

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out,
and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for
thee that one of thy members should perish, and
not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 11:31am On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

Jesus Christ teaches that the ONLY thing you can do to avoid Hell is to accept(trust) and obey His teachings\commandments. undecided

And as far as loving your neighbor is concerned, He does not give you the right to impose your own moral code/commandments and rules on others. undecided.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 11:32am On Mar 22, 2021
triplechoice:

How can they be happy together when they are on the road to hell?

Is it truly happiness if Satan is involved?

The happiness is an illusion because the woman has hardened her heart to Christ by marrying the atheist.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ teaches that the ONLY thing you can do to avoid Hell is to accept(trust) and obey His teachings\commandments. undecided

And as far as loving your neighbor is concerned, He does not give you the right to impose your own moral code/commandments and rules on others. undecided.

Shadeyinka is not imposing his moral code but actually following Jesus. If you love your neighbor, it beehooves you to help them avoid eternal damnation. He is obeying the teaching by advocating for the sanctity of marriage between people who love God.

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 11:39am On Mar 22, 2021
triplechoice:

I rather you focused on the op. Its the reason I engaged you.
You're deflecting because you're unable to directly answer to anything I have said concerning it.
You continue to resist and deny the reality of something that has already happened despite the fact that your quoted bible verses said you shouldn't but must accept.
I think I have answered the OP clearly in this thread before people like you insisted that I ignore the the Christians view of marriage also being a Spiritual union.

Here was my direct answer to the OPs question
shadeyinka:

The OP asked the question:
"How can the Atheist me be happily married to my Christian wife?"
I assume the marriage has already been done with the stupid or non-practicing Christian wife. Then,
1. Renounce atheism truthfully and if it is not possible, then be purely non-evangelistic agnostic
2. Deliberately refraining from teaching or promoting atheism with or before the children.
3. Respect her faith and encourage her to practice her faith with all her children
4. Loving her and accepting her

The above are the answer but there are a number of issues.
1. If I was an atheist, I wouldn't renounce my atheism except by personal conviction.
2. Even though there are some non-evangelistic Atheists, it is impossible for an atheist not to justify their choice of atheism. Such justifications will be presented from the angle of superior argument (this is evangelism)
3. It is virtually impossible not to justify why daddy doesn't go to church with the children. Other children's daddy are in church every Sunday.
4. It may be possible for an atheist to respect the faith of his wife. However, except he's a deadbeat dad, he must present life and existence from the point of view of atheism.
5. It is possible for an atheist to love his wife.

Except for 5. The others are difficult if not impossible to keep.
It is understandable if the husband deconverted to Atheism after marriage BUT it is stupidity or selfishness for a Christian to choose to marry an atheist.

A war of ideology is a war of attrition. Religion/Atheism are ideologies: why would a sane person start a preventable error.

triplechoice:

If love is a choice that we make to build and beautify the life of the next person, why standing as an obstacle to those who want to make this choice. Or is it that non believers don't deserve their lives been beautified.
Because premium tears has been a result of such kinds of union wham a true Christian marries a person who isn't.

BTW,
The rule doesn't apply to Atheists alone. It applies even to church goers.

triplechoice:

Do you even think you're in a position to determine one's choice of love?

You talk so much of love without being able to demonstrate it
Love is sacrifice. The reason your savior paid the ultimate price even when you don't deserve it. Unfortunately you have not earnt from this

Please open another thread of your own if you want to discuss whether a Christian should marry a non believer. What we are discussing here has happened already
Love being a CHOICE means it doesn't just fall on you. You CHOOSE who to give your love.
Doesn't a true Christian have the right to choose NOT to be romantically involved with an atheist or any non committed Christian?

Or why do you think sane people just don't fall in love with mad people on the street. Why do you think that only in Nollywood do you see billionaires going to the village to look for a poor well brought up girl as wife.

Love for an atheist is not accepting his atheism but telling him the truth about God and salvation. And Jesus made it clear to us not to FORCE our message on anyone. If they would listen and accept the gospel LEAVE them alone (dust your shoes against them).

But you want the opposite. After a Christian preaches to the one who wouldn't listen to the gospel, he should form a permanent bond with such.
It's you who don't know what love is.

2 Likes

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 11:45am On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

Shadeyinka is not imposing his moral code but actually following Jesus. If you love your neighbor, it beehooves you to help them avoid eternal damnation. He is obeying the teaching by advocating for the sanctity of marriage between people who love God.
Thank you o!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 11:47am On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

Sigh!

Let's assume for a second, that your "sanctity of marriage" doctrine/ tradition makes sense - let's pretend we are jews of the Old covenant for a bit - , what is the sense in bringing such a thing up where the couple in question are already married and raising children even? undecided
Is it so as to cajole the couple into getting a divorce so your "sanctity" code can be upheld in your minds? undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 11:52am On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

How can they be happy together when they are on the road to hell?

Is it truly happiness if Satan is involved?

The happiness is an illusion because the woman has hardened her heart to Christ by marrying the atheist.

If you're a Christian who reads and understand your Bible very well , you should already know what it says concerning such matters.

Its your personal opinion if you think happiness can never come from such marriages. Talk from what you know and have experienced. Not from what you think
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Sigh!

Let's assume for a second, that your "sanctity of marriage" doctrine/ tradition makes sense - let's pretend we are jews of the Old covenant for a bit - , what is the sense in bringing such a thing up where the couple in question are already married and raising children even? undecided
Is it so as to cajole the couple into getting a divorce so your "sanctity" code can be upheld in your minds? undecided

First, we are not under the Old Covenant. That’s a Jewish problem.

Second, if they are already married and raising children, neither the marriage nor children are sanctified. The best the Christian can do is to finish raising the children and then shorn herself of the atheist. This way, her soul can be saved and serve as example for her children. Eternal damnation is not a picnic.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 11:55am On Mar 22, 2021
triplechoice:

If you're a Christian who reads and understand your Bible very well , you should already know what it says concerning such matters.

Its your personal opinion if you think happiness can never come from such marriages. Talk from what you know and have experienced. Not from what you think

If you were a true Christian who understands Jesus’ covenant with mankind, you wouldn’t be saying that. Matthew 5:29 is not a personal opinion.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 12:00pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

I think I have answered the OP clearly in this thread before people like you insisted that I ignore the the Christians view of marriage also being a Spiritual union.

Here was my direct answer to the OPs question

Because premium tears has been a result of such kinds of union wham a true Christian marries a person who isn't.

BTW,
The rule doesn't apply to Atheists alone. It applies even to church goers.

Love being a CHOICE means it doesn't just fall on you. You CHOOSE who to give your love.
Doesn't a true Christian have the right to choose NOT to be romantically involved with an atheist or any non committed Christian?

Or why do you think sane people just don't fall in love with mad people on the street. Why do you think that only in Nollywood do you see billionaires going to the village to look for a poor well brought up girl as wife.

Love for an atheist is not accepting his atheism but telling him the truth about God and salvation. And Jesus made it clear to us not to FORCE our message on anyone. If they would listen and accept the gospel LEAVE them alone (dust your shoes against them).

But you want the opposite. After a Christian preaches to the one who wouldn't listen to the gospel, he should form a permanent bond with such.
It's you who don't know what love is.

No point replying you anymore since you continue to deflect from the main thing. We can continue when you're ready to discuss that

Can there be happiness between such union? Yes or no

Keep the rest for your congregation
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

First, we are not under the Old Covenant. That’s a Jewish problem.

Second, if they are already married and raising children, neither the marriage nor children are sanctified. The best the Christian can do is to finish raising the children and then shorn herself of the atheist. This way, her soul can be saved and serve as example for her children. Eternal damnation is not a picnic.

shocked
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
triplechoice:

I had answered this question before you insisted on imposing your spiritualess view of marriage on me.

Again!
shadeyinka:

The OP asked the question:
"How can the Atheist me be happily married to my Christian wife?"
I assume the marriage has already been done with the stupid or non-practicing Christian wife. Then,
1. Renounce atheism truthfully and if it is not possible, then be purely non-evangelistic agnostic
2. Deliberately refraining from teaching or promoting atheism with or before the children.
3. Respect her faith and encourage her to practice her faith with all her children
4. Loving her and accepting her

The above are the answer but there are a number of issues.
1. If I was an atheist, I wouldn't renounce my atheism except by personal conviction.
2. Even though there are some non-evangelistic Atheists, it is impossible for an atheist not to justify their choice of atheism. Such justifications will be presented from the angle of superior argument (this is evangelism)
3. It is virtually impossible not to justify why daddy doesn't go to church with the children. Other children's daddy are in church every Sunday.
4. It may be possible for an atheist to respect the faith of his wife. However, except he's a deadbeat dad, he must present life and existence from the point of view of atheism.
5. It is possible for an atheist to love his wife.

Except for 5. The others are difficult if not impossible to keep.
It is understandable if the husband deconverted to Atheism after marriage BUT it is stupidity or selfishness for a Christian to choose to marry an atheist.

A war of ideology is a war of attrition. Religion/Atheism are ideologies: why would a sane person start a preventable error.

A Christian woman who is ALREADY married must Love the husband and Obey him as unto Christ. She may not divorce him on account of this except if the Atheist sought for a divorce.

The message of Jesus was clear: " If they wouldn't accept the message of the gospel (like the Atheists), dust your shoes and leave them alone.

In terms of marriage since an atheist would not accept the message of Jesus, dust your shoes and leave them alone.

There is a difference between a humble sinner (willing to change) and a decided sinner (Atheists)

shadeyinka:

I think we can converge here.

1. The gospel (good news of the mystery of salvation) should be preached to all the world.
2. The message of the gospel is not to be forced on others. Take your leave if they reject it.
3. A Christian must place his love and obedience to Christ above all things, thus he would get to know Him better

On the matter at hand
1. A Christian who has been married to an atheist should not divorce except the Atheist decided not to continue with her.
2. A Christian should not discriminate in associating with both believers and unbelievers in the spirit of love and purity.
3. A Christian must not hate Atheists but should leave them if they would not accept the gospel. Leaving them include not permanently joining themselves to Atheists in marriage.

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

You own bible says the children are sanctified because of the believing partner but here you are contradicting your own bible. Well done. LMAO!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 12:02pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
shocked

I love you as myself so I don’t want to see you in hell.

29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 12:04pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

You own bible says the children are sanctified because of the believing partner but here you are contradicting your own bible. Well done. LMAO!

What do you know heathen? We are trying to steer people off the path you’re on and you’re laughing. I pity your soul.

The children are not sanctified nor is the marriage. If the foundation is flawed, the building will not stand.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:07pm On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

I love you as myself so I don’t want to see you in hell.

29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

OMG...so instead of taking it as Jesus Christ in fact meant it in its original context, you instead apply your "special interpretation " magic to that bit you pulled out of the context to make it mean what Jesus didn't in fact say? shocked
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
OMG...so instead of taking it as Jesus Christ in fact meant it, you instead apply your "special interpretation " magic to what Jesus Christ said to make it mean what Jesus didn't in fact say? shocked

I don’t do special interpretations. That’s your purview. I understand what Jesus’ all encompassing love and sacrifice requires of us.
I’m taking it as Jesus meant it. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:10pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

You are putting lies in my words. I have been consistent about this
1. A single true Christian must not marry an atheist
2. A true Christian who is ALREADY married to an atheist must
a. Love and Obey him as unto Christ
b. Not divorce him on account of his Atheism except the Atheist desires a divorce
3. She should do her best to affect the spiritual environment of herself and her children (a very tall order)

If you think I contradicted this above, bring out the post

2 Likes

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

There is not guarantee that a person cannot die from snake bites: but only a fool will keep vipers and cobras as pets as a result of this lack of guarantee
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

I don’t do special interpretations. That’s your purview. I understand what Jesus’ all encompassing love and sacrifice requires of us.
I’m taking it as Jesus meant it. undecided
You just pulled verses out-of-context, to suggest that they serve to explain what you said about a wife eventually "shorning" the husband who she married,and you think you don't have the power of "special interpretations" going on there? undecided

Jesus said you should sacrifice your own eyes and limbs if it causes you to sin, but here you are having a wife essentially sacrifice her marriage for some imagined idea that it will cause her to end up in hell. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Nobody: 12:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You just pulled verses out-of-context, to suggest that they serve to explain what you said about a wife "shorning" the husband who she married,and you think you don't have the power of "special interpretations" going on there? undecided

Jesus said you should sacrifice your own eyes and limbs if it causes you to sin, but here you are having a wife essentially sacrifice her marriage for some imagined idea that it will cause her to end up in hell. undecided

You will be wailing and gnashing your teeth.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
TimeIllusion:

You will be wailing and gnashing your teeth.
I will? Why? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Names Of God In Pidgin English / The Best Christian Book You Ever Read; Recommend It Here To Others / Announcing: The Temple of the Sacred Coconut

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.