Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,104 members, 7,852,746 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:00 AM

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY (6365 Views)

True Christian Wife Wanted! - Evangelist Malakhi Dele Banjo / Qualities Of A Good Christian Wife / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

You own bible says the children are sanctified because of the believing partner but here you are contradicting your own bible. Well done. LMAO!
That is when a Christian is ALREADY married to the unbelieving partner.

1Cor 7:13-16:
"And the woman [b]which has an husband that believes not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. [/b] For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God has called us to peace. For what know you, O wife, whether you shall save your husband? or how know you, O man, whether you shall save your wife?"

It's not saying that a Christian go marry an unbeliever but not to separate from him as a result of that.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:23pm On Mar 22, 2021
triplechoice:

No point replying you anymore since you continue to deflect from the main thing. We can continue when you're ready to discuss that

Can there be happiness between such union? Yes or no

Keep the rest for your congregation
I have answered the OP and still quoted you the post. You can challenge that if you will.

shadeyinka:

The OP asked the question:
"How can the Atheist me be happily married to my Christian wife?"
I assume the marriage has already been done with the stupid or non-practicing Christian wife. Then,
1. Renounce atheism truthfully and if it is not possible, then be purely non-evangelistic agnostic
2. Deliberately refraining from teaching or promoting atheism with or before the children.
3. Respect her faith and encourage her to practice her faith with all her children
4. Loving her and accepting her

The above are the answer but there are a number of issues.
1. If I was an atheist, I wouldn't renounce my atheism except by personal conviction.
2. Even though there are some non-evangelistic Atheists, it is impossible for an atheist not to justify their choice of atheism. Such justifications will be presented from the angle of superior argument (this is evangelism)
3. It is virtually impossible not to justify why daddy doesn't go to church with the children. Other children's daddy are in church every Sunday.
4. It may be possible for an atheist to respect the faith of his wife. However, except he's a deadbeat dad, he must present life and existence from the point of view of atheism.
5. It is possible for an atheist to love his wife.

Except for 5. The others are difficult if not impossible to keep.
It is understandable if the husband deconverted to Atheism after marriage BUT it is stupidity or selfishness for a Christian to choose to marry an atheist.

A war of ideology is a war of attrition. Religion/Atheism are ideologies: why would a sane person start a preventable error.

Is the above not the response to the OP?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:30pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Sigh!

Let's assume for a second, that your "sanctity of marriage" doctrine/ tradition makes sense - let's pretend we are jews of the Old covenant for a bit - , what is the sense in bringing such a thing up where the couple in question are already married and raising children even? undecided
Is it so as to cajole the couple into getting a divorce so your "sanctity" code can be upheld in your minds?
undecided
And the Scriptures is already clear on this.
"And the woman which has an husband that believes not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.
But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God has called us to peace. For what know you, O wife, whether you shall save your husband? or how know you, O man, whether you shall save your wife?"

1. The believing wife must not divorce her husband
2. She must love and Obey her husband as unto Christ
3. Separation is only permitted if the unbelieving partner want a divorce

I don't know where you got the idea of breaking of marriage.

What we have said is that no true Christian should marry an unbelieving spouse.

This is prevention better than cure!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

And the Scriptures is already clear on this.
"And the woman which has an husband that believes not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.
For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

1. The believing wife must not divorce her husband
2. She must love and Obey her husband as unto Christ
3. Separation is only permitted if the unbelieving partner want a divorce

I don't know where you got the idea of breaking of marriage.

What we have said is that no true Christian should marry an unbelieving spouse.

This is prevention better than cure!

Jesus Christ did not ask you to prevent anything by adopting doctrines and traditions of men in His name. He instructed you instead to trust God by accepting (trusting) and obeying His teachings/commandments alone. undecided

Can on be against Christ and be for Christ? undecided

The reason you cling to your moral codes, pretending you do so in the name of God is simply because you don't Trust God st His Word enough to take care of it all for you. undecided
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ did not ask you to prevent anything by adopting doctrines and traditions of men in His name. He instructed you instead to trust God by accepting (trusting) and obeying His teachings/commandments alone. undecided

The reason you cling to your moral codes, pretending you do so in the name of God is simply because you don't Trust God st His Word enough to take care of it all for you. undecided
You've just accused of us of wanting to scatter marriages. Answer to that!

Have I preached scattering on Marriages or Prevention of marriages between a Christian and an unbeliever?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Kobojunkie: 12:37pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

You just accused of wanting to scatter marriages. Answer to that!

Have I preached scattering on Marriages or Prevention of marriages between a Christian and an unbeliever?
huh? undecided

What do you mean?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 12:42pm On Mar 22, 2021

What do you know heathen? We are trying to steer people off the path you’re on and you’re laughing. I pity your soul.

The children are not sanctified nor is the marriage. If the foundation is flawed, the building will not stand.

Bwahahaha! You now ran away hen you saw you are contradicting your own bible. LMAO!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 12:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
@shade
The question that has arisen from the op only requires a simple yes or no
Show me exactly where you answered that happiness can or can't result from such marriages without the other things you try to bring in.

If you think happiness can come out of it, then why the unnecessary name calling to humiliate and belittle the wife who is already committed to the marriage?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 12:45pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

That is when a Christian is ALREADY married to the unbelieving partner.

"And the woman [b]which has an husband that believes not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. [/b] For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

It's not saying that a Christian go marry an unbeliever but not to separate from him as a result of that.

Where is the caveat written that if you marry an unbeliever as a "true Christian" that your children will be in some type of danger?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 12:58pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Where is the caveat written that if you marry an unbeliever as a "true Christian" that your children will be in some type of danger?
Where is it written that a man or woman should not put his/her hands in fire?

Let me ask you some questions and I hope you can speak the truth
1. If the Christian wife dies, who should take over the custody of the young children?
2. Can the Atheist husband bring up the children to know God?
3. Is this not a big risk concerning something as great as her children ending up in the lake of fire?

Has she not put the eternity of her children in danger?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 1:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Like there are any guarantees that children from christian parents will remain christian neither are there any guarantees that children of atheist parents will remain atheists. If this is your reason then it's a piss poor one.

Tell this to one of your boys Samuel, he does not hear word.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 2:01pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

The whole marriage is on a rough patch. It's a wise person partnering a fool, or as the Bible describes it, unequal yoke. It's not impossible, it is very common but never the best experience or best practice.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 2:26pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

1. If the Christian wife dies, who should take over the custody of the young children?
3. Is this not a big risk concerning something as great as her children ending up in the lake of fire?

Don't start being absurd. You guys are the ones saying the children will be in danger because one parent is an unbeliever, when your bible clearly states the opposite. You guys are very well versed in twisting the Bible to suit your narratives so I am not surprised.

1. The atheist husband.

2. He probably will introduce them to the concepts of theism and religious ideas, he won’t ask them to become Christians if that is what you mean.

3. Hell is another of your unproductive concepts. He will teach them to be good people and that is worth more than any religious upbringing they could get. If your god will throw good people into the so called hell then he is an unjust god.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 2:51pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

Luk 10:19:
"Behold, I give to you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."

I am a soldier of Christ and I thank Him for putting satan under my feet. If satan literally comes to my home, I shall gun him down. Unfortunately, isn't it disrespectful to gun down the father of my spouse?
Therefore, how can there be peace because satan cannot have his way in my presence.

We are talking about the father of your atheist wife, Shadeyinka, but just see how you see satan!

Is that not why you can not love your neighbour and your enemies moreso, since you've labelled them satan?

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

Don't start being absurd. You guys are the ones saying the children will be in danger because one parent is an unbeliever, when your bible clearly states the opposite. You guys are very well versed in twisting the Bible to suit your narratives so I am not surprised.

1. The atheist husband.

2. He probably will introduce them to the concepts of theism and religious ideas, he won’t ask them to become Christians if that is what you mean.

3. Hell is another of your unproductive concepts. He will teach them to be good people and that is worth more than any religious upbringing they could get. If your god will thro good people into their so called hell then he is an unjust god.
Thanks for being at least fairly truthful with the questions
1. On question 1 : perfectly correct
2. He would certainly tell them how absurd belief in God is and except by some miracle the children are most certainly going to grow up as Atheist.
3. The Christian wife believe that God is just and thus will reward good and punish evil. The husband (like you) will present it as "an unproductive concept". And will say "if God will throw good people in hell, then He is an unjust God".

Now, lets assume for the sake of argument
1. There is no afterlife, no hell and no god. The Christian wife is wrong AND not even aware that she's wrong
2. If she's right and she's alive and conscious. The children are alive and conscious BUT in hell. I guess she'd be happy that at least she made it.

She's the real looser a true Christian who married an unbeliever
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 2:56pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

The whole marriage is on a rough patch. It's a wise person partnering a fool, or as the Bible describes it, unequal yoke. It's not impossible, it is very common but never the best experience or best practice.

It is not rougher than what Christian couples encounter. Even your so called wise people still end up divorcing one another or other distressing acts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 3:06pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

Thanks for being at least fairly truthful with the questions
1. On question 1 : perfectly correct
2. He would certainly tell them how absurd belief in God is and except by some miracle the children are most certainly going to grow up as Atheist.
3. The Christian wife believe that God is just and thus will reward good and punish evil. The husband (like you) will present it as "an unproductive concept". And will say "if God will throw good people in hell, then He is an unjust God".

Now, lets assume for the sake of argument
1. There is no afterlife, no hell and no god. The Christian wife is wrong AND not even aware that she's wrong
2. If she's right and she's alive and conscious. The children are alive and conscious BUT in hell. I guess she'd be happy that at least she made it.

She's the real looser a true Christian who married an unbeliever

There no certainly when it comes to what an atheist will tell his/her children regarding religious beliefs. I have encountered several atheists who tell their children exactly what the Bible says and leave the children to draw their own conclusions. You are trying very hard to paint a scenario where atheists poison their children's minds against religious because that is exactly what you guys do when it's turned around. I for one have no intention of poisoning my children's minds against religion, when they are older and capable of reasoning things out for themselves, we'll probably discuss if it ever comes up.

This is part of the absurdity of the hell concept. So you are in heaven happy and will spare no thought for your loved ones in hell? Like who are you people? Do you even have empathy at all?
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

We are talking about the father of your atheist wife, Shadeyinka, but just see how you see satan!

Is that not why you can not love your neighbour and your enemies moreso, since you've labelled them satan?
Satan is the Spiritual father of my Atheist wife.
I cannot tolerate him. Period!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

Satan is the Spiritual father of my Atheist wife.
I cannot tolerate him. Period!

I understand. Not everyone is sufficiently equipped to love their father-in-laws not to talk of their neighbours or their enemies.

That is why we continue to preach the Gospel of Love of our Lord Jesus Christ the Messiah to you so that you may one day be saved by Grace. Amen.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13220491_45bed02a54e49962214556df1c36eb07_jpeg2364e54824612fa9dbf9348122e64b1f

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by shadeyinka(m): 4:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

There no certainly when it comes to what an atheist will tell his/her children regarding religious beliefs. I have encountered several atheists who tell their children exactly what the Bible says and leave the children to draw their own conclusions. You are trying very hard to paint a scenario where atheists poison their children's minds against religious because that is exactly what you guys do when it's turned around. I for one have no intention of poisoning my children's minds against religion, when they are older and capable of reasoning things out for themselves, we'll probably discuss if it ever comes up.

This is part of the absurdity of the hell concept. So you are in heaven happy and will spare no thought for your loved ones in hell? Like who are you people? Do you even have empathy at all?
No sir!

I assume an atheist will wish to communicate what he considers as the TRUTH!

Do you think that a truthful Atheist will communicate bible stories as REAL?
With a truthful Atheist say that Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead and cast out demons?

An atheist will rather report bible stories like the story of Santa Claus!
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 4:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

It is not rougher than what Christian couples encounter. Even your so called wise people still end up divorcing one another or other distressing acts.

Like i said, it's not best practice. Many fine believers are products of unbelieving parents. No believer divorces. It's not in the Word of God.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 4:42pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

Like i said, it's not best practice. Many fine believers are products of unbelieving parents. No believer divorces. It's not in the Word of God.
I guess Oyakhilome is not a believer.

Do believers love their neighbours and their enemies moreso too?

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 4:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

I guess Oyakhilome is not a believer.

Do believers love their neighbours and their enemies moreso too?

He obviously doesn't believe the Bible, the Bible is very clear on divorce.
i didn't really get your second question.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 4:54pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

He obviously doesn't believe the Bible, the Bible is very clear on divorce.
i didn't really get your second question.

It's simple. Do believers not sin?

But I guess you've answered already by claiming believers like Oyakhilome who do sin do not really believe, which is like saying the believing Levite and the believing Priest did not really believe, but [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV]the pagan non-God-worshipping unbelieving Samaritan[/url] whom Christ said "emulate", did believe.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11039027_psx20200212120340_jpegb63adb5ff044a1c031e3dde7d11e9cd7
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

No true scotsman fallacy. None of the pastors who have divorced their wives are true believers according to you, same with the thousands of believers who have divorced. You guys are really terrible in this regard. You'll deny your own just to keep up with the narrative. And you wonder why people think religion is traumatising.

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 5:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

It's simple. Do believers not sin?

But I guess you've answered already by claiming believers like Oyakhilome who do sin do not really believe, which is like saying the believing Levite and the believing Priest did not really believe, but [url=https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+10%3A25-37&version=NIV]the pagan non-God-worshipping unbelieving Samaritan[/url] whom Christ said "emulate", did believe.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/11039027_psx20200212120340_jpegb63adb5ff044a1c031e3dde7d11e9cd7

If you believe the Bible, you will obey it. It's what it is. We both know that the Bible is against divorce.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 5:15pm On Mar 22, 2021
budaatum:

I understand. Not everyone is sufficiently equipped to love their father-in-laws not to talk of their neighbours or their enemies.

Oh .Sade father in-law is an atheist?
No wonder has been trying to bring in things that are not related to this thread.

Is it possible for an atheist to have a happy marriage with a believer? That's the main question

He has been dancing around and refused to give a simple yes or no for a reason that is now obvious
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by triplechoice(m): 5:21pm On Mar 22, 2021
shadeyinka:

I have asked you this question before and would ask again
Is not possible for the unbelieving spouse to convert to Christianity?

Why is it difficult for you to see this possibility?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by budaatum: 5:22pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

If you believe the Bible, you will obey it. It's what it is. We both know that the Bible is against divorce.

Sorry, but the evidence that I see with my own two eyes do not agree with what you claim

Just reading through this thread will show you a supposed believer who can not seem to obey simple "love your neighbour", not to talk of his enemies, and definitely not his atheist father-in-law!

I'd go even further and state that it is precisely because he believes that he can't obey just like the believing Levite and the believing Priest also couldn't obey because of their beliefs.

1 Like

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

No true scotsman fallacy. None of the pastors who have divorced their wives are true believers according to you, same with the thousands of believers who have divorced. You guys are really terrible in this regard. You'll deny your own just to keep up with the narrative. And you wonder why people think religion is traumatising.

Reed, consistently disobeying the Word of God means you do not believe it or fear the God. Divorce is against the will and Word of God, everyone knows that except when they want to twist a clear and direct thing. Sin is terrible, it can hinder Jesus Christ Himself from God the Father. Disobeying God can lead to the expulsion of the only two humans on earth. If i divorce or commit sin, i am no more a believer. It's as clear as holding a gun to a metal detector. It doesn't matter who holds it, it will read and detect. Nothing traumatizing about it.
Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by LordReed(m): 5:31pm On Mar 22, 2021
Image123:

Reed, consistently disobeying the Word of God means you do not believe it or fear the God. Divorce is against the will and Word of God, everyone knows that except when they want to twist a clear and direct thing. Sin is terrible, it can hinder Jesus Christ Himself from God the Father. Disobeying God can lead to the expulsion of the only two humans on earth. If i divorce or commit sin, i am no more a believer. It's as clear as holding a gun to a metal detector. It doesn't matter who holds it, it will read and detect. Nothing traumatizing about it.

SMH. Gosh, I am so glad I am no longer a believer. No wonder people will answer altar call 20x a year, this is enough to make people schizophrenic.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2021
LordReed:

SMH. Gosh, I am so glad I am no longer a believer. No wonder people will answer altar call 20x a year, this is enough to make people schizophrenic.

No need to answer altar call 20x a year if you received power to be a child of God. Jesus Christ came to save you FROM sin, not just to continue forgiving you 20x a year. Such a person is ignorant and shortchanging himself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

The Bible Taken Out Of Context? / COMMAND THE MONTH PRAYERS (DECEMBER 2020 EDITION): TOTAL RECOVERY !!! / Apostle Johnson Suleman An Evil Spiritualist Under A Mask,, Dont Be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.