Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,833 members, 7,837,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku (40520 Views)

Why I Dealt With Onnoghen ― Buhari / Onnoghen: Buhari Has Done No Wrong, It's A Settled Matter - Presidency / Atiku: Buhari Unaware Of Allegations Against CJN Because Cabals Running His Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by garfield1: 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2021
Walelavender:

Calm down. It remains my opinion. The man said he couldn't defend himself. They made it difficult. I only stated the obvious. They never wanted him. A clog in their wheel, probably. How could they have been comfortable with the nomination of the CJN by the VP (when he acted as the President). Sherrif was out of town grin. Oh, Matthew Seiyefa appointed as acting DSS boss by the VP, was also corrupt grin.
It was hugely politicised. It was more than the CCB.
They got what the wanted and we are presently enjoying the Grand Khadi grin

They should keep destroying the institutions.

This is a careless talk.how is tanko a grand khadi? He is even more competent than onnoghen.he was next in rank to onnoghen therefore the lot fell on him.
The DSS protects the president so the appointment of their leader must be politicised.the dg must be who buhari is comfortable with...

As for onnoghen,they gave him all the chance to defend himself but he refused.they gave him two months to summon a meeting of the njc and try himself but instead he adjourned their meeting indefinitely.the petition against him was sent to the njc first but he tried to sit on it before the CCB was used to remove him.please,get your facts right next time

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Faithful1234(m): 6:45pm On Mar 19, 2021
buhari u try Sha I d hail baba Fulani u try well we'll, u no see say u don build the country, see em if d see una comment Abt buhari e d vex me!no be una d look for change,,ooo what a change.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2021
festacman:
Nigerian politicians don't take chances in pursuit of their aspirations. Once you are marked an obstacle, you will be destroyed unless you are stronger than them. For them it is dog-eat-dog business. The end justifies the means. Consequently, many careers and lives have been sacrificed.
#Reality
What happened to you?
You used to be a hardcore supporter of this govt
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by poseidon12: 6:48pm On Mar 19, 2021
Rtk5:
Oga Onoghen, gerrara hea. You know your crime well. Will any Nigeran ever accept his/her crime?

Too many fools in this country.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Sonoyom(m): 6:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
We are learning definitely, Buhari is a terrible bigot and where he is from bigotry is a way of life.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by festacman(m): 6:58pm On Mar 19, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

What happened to you?
You used to be a hardcore supporter of this govt

My opinion on the subject-matter stated the realities of Nigeria politics. Why and how do you conclude that something happened to me.

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by mindtricks: 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2021
festacman:
Nigerian politicians don't take chances in pursuit of their aspirations. Once you are marked an obstacle, you will be destroyed unless you are stronger than them. For them it is dog-eat-dog business. The end justifies the means. Consequently, many careers and lives have been sacrificed.
#Reality

#Reality
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Dpundict: 7:11pm On Mar 19, 2021
And on that day during my call to bar in 2015, mahmud sat down and he took over and when I got to him he smiled at me, stretched out his hand and said "congratulations son! You made it". My heart melted with joy because as a friend to his son at law school I heard them both conversing happily and most colleagues who met him returned joyfully to law school. Sad it happened to you sir and media-trial made it worse.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by baseb: 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
Maybe buhari didn't like him. Maybe it was part of his northernization agenda. Even if he did not meet atiku in dubai or anywhere, one of his proxies could have met him. These judges most times do not meet physically with those that want to influence them. They go through trusted intermediaries. Some of these intermediatries are people who work in courts. Even magistrates do this also. It is possible that he was clean but I do not trust them. Is it not obvious that there's tacit competition among the three arms of government in nigeria to determine who would be the most corrupt? What about the money he was said not to have declared. They are all the same from the exexutive to the legislature. So let him just keep quiet. Bunch of losers
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by eagleu: 7:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
festacman:
#Reality

Seems the judge himself is naive about this. He's a Christian southerner.
Allegations is part of the armament of war to destroy him, and then plant an unqualified sharia lunatic in his place.
I wish others will wake up.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:26pm On Mar 19, 2021
aspabay:
So its now confirmed that you were always an Atiku's agent.

SHUT UP THERE!!!
YOU PAID AGENT
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2021
festacman:

My opinion on the subject-matter stated the realities of Nigeria politics. Why and how do you conclude that something happened to me.
You have suddenly gone from being an apologist to being a critic.
Something must have triggered that
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by AnanseK(m): 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2021
Shut up your mouth Onnoghen , Buhari removed you from CJN because you are a criminal. You should actually be in prison.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:49pm On Mar 19, 2021
alingo2013:
Everything about this administration is a lie

Abeg who go do for me sub 9mobile

Must you browse?
Go and read your book

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by AnanseK(m): 7:51pm On Mar 19, 2021
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Agbegbaorogboye: 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
AnanseK:

Shut up your mouth Onnoghen , Buhari removed you from CJN because you are a criminal. You should actually be in prison.
When will Buhari sack Monguno for his crimes
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Yankee101: 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
Obviously
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by AnanseK(m): 7:52pm On Mar 19, 2021
baseb:
Maybe buhari didn't like him. Maybe it was part of his northernization agenda. Even if he did not meet atiku in dubai or anywhere, one of his proxies could have met him. These judges most times do not meet physically with those that want to influence them. They go through trusted intermediaries. Some of these intermediatries are people who work in courts. Even magistrates do this also. It is possible that he was clean but I do not trust them. Is it not obvious that there's tacit competition among the three arms of government in nigeria to determine who would be the most corrupt? What about the money he was said not to have declared. They are all the same from the exexutive to the legislature. So let him just keep quiet. Bunch of losers

Please read and be informed:

https://m.guardian.ng/category/politics/
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by OPPPS: 7:53pm On Mar 19, 2021
SarkinYarki:
He removed you because you a are a southerner and Christian ..it's had nothing to do with Atiku
Wailing children
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by AnanseK(m): 7:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
The former CJN also disclosed that within two years in office as CJN, he initiated a lot of innovations and reforms that have been abandoned, adding: “You did not have to know my wife, my children or anybody close to me to get justice.”

But less than 24 hours after the former CJN disclosed that he was not confronted with the reason for his removal from office, a former governorship candidate of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Enugu State, Dr. Alex Chukuwemeka Obiechina, reminded him of his assertions in 2016 that any case he (Onnoghen) dismisses should be taken to God in heaven.

While recalling the misfortune his appeal suffered at the hands of Onnoghen, Obiechina slammed the former CJN, saying he was out to denigrate Nigeria’s judicial system after his removal.

In a statement, Obiechina said: “My attention has been drawn to a very false and misleading statement credited to the former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Walter Onnoghen, that nobody told him of his offence before his ignominious removal as the Chief Justice of Nigeria.

“If he was not told of his offence, what did he go to the Code of Conduct Tribunal (CCT) to defend? What was he defending at the High Courts and later, Court of Appeal? What were his team of lawyers defending in these courts or were they busybodies?

“This is a case of refusing to tell yourself basic truth. If you do not know why you were removed, go to Google and see that the world knows. You are equally saying that the rulings and judgments delivered by different courts on this matter were not based on legal facts before the courts, but merely delivered at the figments and inventions of those judges, since there was no case (any accusation against you) before them.

“By implication, as a former High Court Judge, Appeal Court Judge, Justice of the Supreme Court and CJN, you are testifying to Nigerians and the entire world to lose faith in Nigerian judiciary as judgments obtained in Nigerian courts, from your experience, are not based on law, but on extraneous factors. Was that what you were doing? If you were not doing so, why kill the system that raised you up and fed you simply because you mis-endeavoured and crashed?”

Read the whole story here:
https://m.guardian.ng/category/politics/

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by michoim(m): 7:56pm On Mar 19, 2021
You should have asked yourself o corrupt judge, why did you collect bribes from Atiku, in order to swing judgement in his favour. You thought you were smart?

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by alingo2013(m): 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

Must you browse?
Go and read your book

Abeg na
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2021
zoedew:

DONT START! COULD YOU SAY THIS WITH ESO, JSC ALIVE! YOU WERE A GONER BEFORE YOUR ELEVATION TO THE CA. DEEP INSIDE YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!! WE ALL DO!! WELL WISHERS OF THE JUDICIARY COULD NOT STAND WITH YOU BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT ABOVE BOARD AND THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY KNEW THAT!
What are you talking about
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2021
Reference:
Mr Onoghen should refrain from public comments on this matter within this dispensation.

It is belittling of the office and position he held. By this he drags himself into the murky waters of politics and it will surely rub off. Poor judgement.

Nigerians!! You beat a man and ask him not to cry.
Was the office he held not belittled by the man who chased him like a rat?
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
They keep shouting islamisation from morning to night even though the man have come out to say what really happened
Perspectives differ.
It could be a case of giving a dog a bad name to hang it.
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:15pm On Mar 19, 2021
garfield1:

Is buhari the first to rig elections? Is it a new thing
So cause he's not the first to rig makes rigging legal abi
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Racoon(m): 8:16pm On Mar 19, 2021
rexwalters:
I thought that by now, you would have committed suicide Lord Mayor Wailer? Atiku ass licker.
Nope! But how have you been enjoying the terrorist-driven nation your demigod have instituted? Hope you're really enjoying the atrocities of bandits, fulanis and BH terrorists running amok across the cursed nation?
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2021
Organs:

The way we tribalize and use religion in this Country. Ask anyone in the Judiciary, Onnoghen is one of the most corrupt CJN Nigeria has ever know. Just google him and learn instead of displaying ignorance in public space.
Tell us what is known about him
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by BLIZZARDCON: 8:31pm On Mar 19, 2021
But your photos with the Dubai gang in Dubai were all over the place

1 Like

Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by do4luv14(m): 8:33pm On Mar 19, 2021
Racoon:
This is true! Where is the baba sef? Is he still part of the Supreme court sittings in recent times?

baba dey chill for za oza rum
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by Xscape1993(m): 8:42pm On Mar 19, 2021
We know sir. What a great country rule by unfortunate people!
Re: Onnoghen: Buhari Removed Me As CJN Because Of Atiku by garfield1: 8:44pm On Mar 19, 2021
Agbegbaorogboye:

So cause he's not the first to rig makes rigging legal abi

It is a normal thing in nigeria though illegal and will continue sadly

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Ibim Semenitari As NDDC Acting Managing Director / Hoodlums Burn Declan Emelumba's House In Ubulu, Imo State / Tinubu Economic Advisers Propose Customs, NIMASA, FIRS Merger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.