Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,100 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? (2041 Views)

Why I Resigned From My Job As A Pastor In Winners Chapel And Became A Babalawo / Saved by grace alone - A filthy doctrine of demons. Please beware! / Our Righteousness Is Not Filthy Rags, God Wants Our Righteousness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by FarmTech(m): 4:21pm On Apr 15, 2021
perezeghi:

You need to read your Bible very well and with all manner of openness to get to the understanding which is Biblical and which is not.

The Scripture is there for all to read. What you make out of it is how you'll apply to your daily living.

Shalom.

Someone who don't believed Jesus's own apostles, is that one a Christian? He is limiting himself only to Mathew, mark, john and Luke. He's heretic.
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by Kobojunkiee: 4:32pm On Apr 15, 2021
FarmTech:
U seemed to have forgotten what u said: that Paul's teachings were directed mainly to jewish audience.
So what if Paul's writings were directed at an audience of Christian Jews? undecided
How does that change the fact that we are all called to teach the Gospel to both Jews and Gentiles? undecided
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by Kobojunkiee: 4:33pm On Apr 15, 2021
FarmTech:
Someone who don't believed Jesus's own apostles, is that one a Christian? He is limiting himself only to Mathew, mark, john and Luke. He's heretic.
But you are lying! I don't limit myself to just Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.... undecided
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by Kobojunkiee: 4:50pm On Apr 15, 2021
FarmTech:
Jesus didn't teach them everything. Rather he sent the Holy Spirit to do that. So the gospel about Jesus did not contain all about him. Is this hard for u to understand how flaw ur thinking is?
Pay attention to what Jesus Christ in fact said of the Spirit of Truth so you do not continue to be misled by men and their doctrines. undecided

John 16 vs 4-15 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. “I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.
5. But now I am going to him who sent me, and none of you asks me, ‘Where are you going?’
6. But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart.
7. Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.
8. And when he comes, he will convict the world concerning sin and righteousness and judgment:
9. concerning sin, because they do not believe in me;
10. concerning righteousness, because I go to the Father, and you will see me no longer;
11. concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged.

12. “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now.
13. When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth, for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.
14. He will glorify me, for he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
15. All that the Father has is mine; therefore I said that he will take what is mine and declare it to you.
Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, and according to Him, the Spirit of Truth will take from Him, Jesus Christ the Truth, to give to you, implying that the Spirit of Truth will never feed you anything that contradicts the Truth that Jesus Christ has already given to you. undecided
FarmTech:
1. U don't believe in the book of Corinthians, Ephesians, Romans etc and u call urself a christian?
Jesus Christ called His followers to believe in Him and in Him alone. He commanded them to trust in Him(His teachings included) and not the teachings of men. In fact, we are clearly told by God that those who put their trust in men(and their words) are cursedundecided

Jeremiah 17 vs 5-10 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Thus says the Lord: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength,[a] whose heart turns away from the Lord.
6. He is like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see any good come. He shall dwell in the parched places of the wilderness, in an uninhabited salt land.
7. “But those who trust in the Lord will be blessed. They know that the Lord will do what he says.
8. They will be strong like trees planted near a stream that send out roots to the water. They have nothing to fear when the days get hot. Their leaves are always green. They never worry, even in a year that has no rain. They always produce fruit.
9. “Nothing can hide its evil as well as the human mind. It can be very sick, and no one really understands it.
10. But I am the Lord, and I can look into a person’s heart. I can test a person’s mind and decide what each one should have. I can give each person the right payment for what they do.
So, if you have a problem with my choice to do as Jesus Christ commands, you have to take it up with Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
FarmTech:
2. In my past arguments with u, U supported and encourage women to dress like prostitutes
I don't need to encourage anyone to do anything. They are free to do as they choose, and this freedom is given to them, not by me, but by Jesus Christ, the one they serve. So, again, if you have a problem with me not imposing sin where God has not commanded one, take it up with Jesus Christ, the one who did not declare their choice of clothing or dressing a sin.undecided
FarmTech:
3. U supported those who use foul languages
Jesus Christ never declared the use of what you consider 'foul language' a sin. So, why should I be against those who use foul language? Am I an eejit of some kind that I should declare a sin that which God Himself has not declared so? undecided
FarmTech:
4. U regarded every pastor as swindlers.
Jesus Christ called them false teachers and false prophets, wolves in sheep's clothing, whose ultimate goal is to steal, kill and destroy His flock. undecided
Peter warned you of the very same, declaring they were nothing but thieves and swindlers...
Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago.

2 Peter 2 vs 1-7 (ERV)
1. In the past there were false prophets among God’s people. It is the same now. You will have some false teachers in your group. They will teach things that are wrong—ideas that will cause people to be lost. And they will teach in a way that will be hard for you to see that they are wrong. They will even refuse to follow the Master who bought their freedom. And so they will quickly destroy themselves.
2. Many people will follow them in the morally wrong things they do. And because of them, others will say bad things about the way of truth we follow.
3. These false teachers only want your money. So they will use you by telling you things that are not true. But the judgment against these false teachers has been ready for a long time. And they will not escape God who will destroy them.
4. When angels sinned, God did not let them go free without punishment. He sent them to hell. He put those angels in caves of darkness, where they are being held until the time when God will judge them.
5. And God punished the evil people who lived long ago. He brought a flood to the world that was full of people who were against God. But he saved Noah and seven other people with him. Noah was a man who told people about living right.
6. God also punished the evil cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. He burned them until there was nothing left but ashes. He used those cities as an example of what will happen to people who are against God.
7. But he saved Lot, a good man who lived there. Lot was greatly troubled by the morally bad lives of those evil people. 8 This good man lived with those evil people every day, and his good heart was hurt by the evil things he saw and heard.
So, what about them makes you think they are of Jesus Christ when He declared they are against Him?
FarmTech:
These and many more shows that u are not even a Christian. U are just here to confuse those u can confuse.
Thankfully, Jesus Christ knows those who belong to Him and those who simply wear the badge "Christian" where their hearts are filled with nothing of Jesus Christ. undecided

P.S. There are two Spirits living on the inside of all those who are born again... the Spirit of Truth(Jesus Christ) and the Spirit of God(God, the Father).

John 14 vs 15-21 (ESV)
15. “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.
16. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper,[f] to be with you forever,
17. even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be[g] in you.
18. “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while and the world will see me no more, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live.
20. In that day you will know that I am in my Father, and you in me, and I in you.
21. Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:07pm On Apr 15, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

It was the righteousness of Job that God bragged about and proudly displayed before Satan who was His greatest enemy. And this wasn't just once but two good occasions to show that it wasn't by accident but a very deliberate act of God. .

It is Not the Righteousness of Job, Job does not Own Righteousness but rather Righteousness as Performed by Job!
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:25pm On Apr 15, 2021
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by perezeghi: 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2021
FarmTech:

There's nothing impossible to God.

Job.9.4 - God is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened himself against Him and prospered?

Our duty is to pray for ourselves and others that the Lord through His Spirit gives us the understanding we seek to His Word that will give us light and life everlasting.
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by FarmTech(m): 10:44pm On Apr 16, 2021
perezeghi:

There's nothing impossible to God.

Job.9.4 - God is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened himself against Him and prospered?

Our duty is to pray for ourselves and others that the Lord through His Spirit gives us the understanding we seek to His Word that will give us light and life everlasting.
I pray he repent.

1 Like

Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by FarmTech(m): 10:48pm On Apr 16, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Pay attention to what Jesus Christ in fact said of the Spirit of Truth so you do not continue to be misled by men and their doctrines. undecided
Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, and according to Him, the Spirit of Truth will take from Him, Jesus Christ the Truth, to give to you, implying that the Spirit of Truth will never feed you anything that contradicts the Truth that Jesus Christ has already given to you. undecided
Jesus Christ called His followers to believe in Him and in Him alone. He commanded them to trust in Him(His teachings included) and not the teachings of men. In fact, we are clearly told by God that those who put their trust in men(and their words) are cursedundecided
So, if you have a problem with my choice to do as Jesus Christ commands, you have to take it up with Jesus Christ Himself. undecided
I don't need to encourage anyone to do anything. They are free to do as they choose, and this freedom is given to them, not by me, but by Jesus Christ, the one they serve. So, again, if you have a problem with me not imposing sin where God has not commanded one, take it up with Jesus Christ, the one who did not declare their choice of clothing or dressing a sin.undecided
Jesus Christ never declared the use of what you consider 'foul language' a sin. So, why should I be against those who use foul language? Am I an eejit of some kind that I should declare a sin that which God Himself has not declared so? undecided
Jesus Christ called them false teachers and false prophets, wolves in sheep's clothing, whose ultimate goal is to steal, kill and destroy His flock. undecided
Peter warned you of the very same, declaring they were nothing but thieves and swindlers...
Peter, the apostle, warned people about ALL MOGs (False Prophets and Teachers), from about 2000 years ago. So, what about them makes you think they are of Jesus Christ when He declared they are against Him?
Thankfully, Jesus Christ knows those who belong to Him and those who simply wear the badge "Christian" where their hearts are filled with nothing of Jesus Christ. undecided

P.S. There are two Spirits living on the inside of all those who are born again... the Spirit of Truth(Jesus Christ) and the Spirit of God(God, the Father).
Thanks a lot. ur ignorance is now clear.
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by Kobojunkiee: 10:55pm On Apr 16, 2021
FarmTech:

Thanks a lot. ur ignorance is now clear.
I happily drink from the mouth of Jesus Christ , something that appears ignorance to you. undecided
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:06am On Apr 17, 2021
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2021
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:58pm On Apr 19, 2021
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 6:50am On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 10:30am On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:52am On Apr 21, 2021
Mr Presido says No!

MrPresident1:
Our righteousness is not as filthy rags, God loves us to be righteous in all that we do at all times
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2021
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:55pm On Apr 22, 2021
Righteousness series continues shortly.
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:28pm On Apr 23, 2021
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:45pm On Apr 24, 2021
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr1: 6:58pm On Apr 27, 2021
My apologies to the sheep of Christ (the righteous), not the goats oh (workers of iniquity). Matthew 25:31-46

I couldn't post the update of my righteousness series yesterday because I was unjustly banned for righteousness sake. I was angry but God told me it was normal, so instead I would rejoice and be glad because:

Matthew 5:10-12 (KJV)

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for their's is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

So I'm not the first neither would I be the last, so the work of the Kingdom of God must continue regardless.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

God bless.
Re: Was The Righteousness Of Job As Filthy Rags Before God? by jesusjnr1: 6:31pm On Apr 29, 2021

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Audio Sermon: I Shall Not Die But Live! / How Satan Deceives People With His False Teachings About The Virgin Mary / Christianity Has Lost It Focus- Sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.