Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? (10764 Views)

Guy (Neighbor) Came Into My House And Didn't Say Hi To Me? / He Beats Her Up And She Didn't Say Anything / Can You Be In A Love For 2 Months Without Having Sexual Feeling For Ur Patner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by DEKING3(m): 10:00am On Feb 09, 2006
Personally there have been times I had feelings and I mean strong feelings for someone but never poke out. It really hurts sometimes you know? For the sharp, fast and intelligent ones, they might have known but waiting for you  to make the correct moves. I use the word "feelings" and not "love" since I never had the opportunity to be in a relationship with that person to actually know if it's love or not.

Sometimes I ask myself, what would it have been like or how would it have ended if I had said something about my feelings to her?

So guys let it out. Have you ever had such a strong feeling for him/her but couldn't say it.

>Why couldn't you say it?
>Did he/she end up with someone that hurt him/her and did you blame yourself for that?
>Do you think it would or wouldn't have worked out?
>For how long did you live in that world of fantasy where you wished you were locked in a relationship with him/her?

Please

Guys, answer the above questions and please try to be honest; afterall you didn't say it then so, why not just pour out your mind here. cheesy
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by layi(m): 2:34pm On Feb 09, 2006
Well a multi faceted topic there.
I have never felt strongly towards any girl and kept it to myself.
Maybe in my primary school days grin. I think my 'feeling' organ was still developing then cuzz i was feeling for every fine girl i saw then (almost on a daily basis) and my line then was always maria, folake or anita kanyu borrow (sic) me your pencil?
So obviously that wont pass for "feelings" here.

But I had an experience close to that with the only girl i ever 'loved'.

I actually told her. In fact the toasting session was on March 8th, 1999. It lasted 8hrs. It was done at 'Love Garden', Education faculty, UNILAG. But she refused. Na rain seperate us that day.
I am still happy, its the first time i will toast a girl and i didn't mess up. I told her everything on my mind.
She refused anyway. We were both 17 then.

>Did he/she end up with someone that hurt him/her and did you blame yourself for that?
Yes she ended up with another guy later on. I didn't blame myself anyway cuzz i knew i did my best.

It didn't work out. grin

>For how long did you live in that world of fantasy where you wished you were locked in a relationship with him/her?
For 5 years...i kept pestering her. Even sent her wonderful gifts via FEDEX. I knew she liked me but obviously didn't want a relationship with me.

I made up my mind to keep her as a friend. She then changed her mind last yr when the guy messed up. She had serious problems at work and with her health. I was there for her. She then gave up on the guy and has been 'disturbing me since. unfortunately i am no longer interested. partly because I've overgrown the fantasy and partly because i can't really say she is in love with me.

Whew.!! smiley
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by PaddyPat1(m): 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2006
Everyone of us have faced this at one point of ourlives or the other. There is nothing wrong in there but I have been through it and I must confess it really hurt. Even there are at times you leave a relationship and you still felt it should have be permanent. Like I do tell most of my friends, most of us have abandon those that truly loves us and ended up marrying those that like that us instead.

There is this girl I once came across in my life, her name is Charity Eghaghase, I just hope I get her surname correctly. The last time I heard from her she said she is now in Abuja. I really wish I can still relive those time we were together in secondary school allover so that I can really tell her the way I felt then. We were practically spending much time together in my room and even at school cause she was my classmate back then. Almost everybody in our class thought there was something between us but las I couldn't bring myself to tell her and you know Nigerian girls are of this opinion that it is not African to tell a guy how you are feeling towards him even when it is glaring she is down with the guy. There was this jealous tendency back then the two always had whenever any of us is speaking or being too close to another person of the opposite sex. We really love ourselves that our families could even feel it but none of us was able to speak up and that is how we ended up without actually telling each other the way we really feel for each other. I think I even bought alot of things for her back then and she was in the cloud hoping I will just come up with the thoughts on my mind. Her was even so jealous that she really came for me with this attitude "I want to have sex with you" every time she had the opportunity. I think that even caused fight between both of them back then.

All I can say is even right now I still have that feeling for her, I had the opportunity to tell her the last time we spoke but one way or the other I couldn't still tell her. Who ever know of that name please tell Charity that I have always love her and I am still loving her.
kiss
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by hotangel2(f): 11:08pm On Feb 09, 2006
awww... that's cute paddy pat.
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Scorpio(f): 11:36pm On Feb 09, 2006
Because i don't want to carry d relationship on my shoulder.. i already have a busy schedule n things ain't too easy with him too, so when we start gettin together, it'll b my responsibility to keep things flowing n besides..i don't want him to think i'm cheap. (yea, i'm d old-skool type)
well, not to my knowledge, No!
>Do you think it would or wouldn't have worked out?[/b]It would have worked out, ok granted..i can b a lil difficult, but we would've sorted things out!
[b]>For how long did you live in that world of fantasy where you wished you were locked in a relationship with him/her?

Still livin in it!
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by dejiolowe: 9:28am On Feb 10, 2006
it happened a long time ago. there was the neighbor of mine (we were all family friends) but i wasnt bold enuff to say it. now that am old and can say anything, i cant say it coz it is too late.

but am happy it never happened coz i would v hurt her. i was too much of an hit and run person that i ran over everything on my path. now that am old, i know better...
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by DEKING3(m): 5:43pm On Feb 11, 2006
I once had such a strong feeling for someone while in High school. I knew she had the same feelings for me because we could gist for a long time without getting tired. We would always want to sit together in class. If she's not clear about something, she'd ask me and if I'm not clear about something I'd ask her. She goes for lunch and she returns with something for me and all that.

I wasn't sure I was ready for such., besides, she was Muslim. sad

I don't even know coz it's been long since I last saw her or even spoke with her.

If I have given it the chance it moight have worked.

For up to 2yrs.
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:52pm On Feb 22, 2006
Paddy-Pat:

Everyone of us have faced this at one point of ourlives or the other. There is nothing wrong in there but I have been through it and I must confess it really hurt. Even there are at times you leave a relationship and you still felt it should have be permanent. Like I do tell most of my friends, most of us have abandon those that truly loves us and ended up marrying those that like that us instead.

There is this girl I once came across in my life, her name is Charity Eghaghase, I just hope I get her surname correctly. The last time I heard from her she said she is now in Abuja. I really wish I can still relive those time we were together in secondary school allover so that I can really tell her the way I felt then. We were practically spending much time together in my room and even at school cause she was my classmate back then. Almost everybody in our class thought there was something between us but las I couldn't bring myself to tell her and you know Nigerian girls are of this opinion that it is not African to tell a guy how you are feeling towards him even when it is glaring she is down with the guy. There was this jealous tendency back then the two always had whenever any of us is speaking or being too close to another person of the opposite sex. We really love ourselves that our families could even feel it but none of us was able to speak up and that is how we ended up without actually telling each other the way we really feel for each other. I think I even bought alot of things for her back then and she was in the cloud hoping I will just come up with the thoughts on my mind. Her was even so jealous that she really came for me with this attitude "I want to have sex with you" every time she had the opportunity. I think that even caused fight between both of them back then. she must be really proud of u
not many guys can love a gal dat long

All I can say is even right now I still have that feeling for her, I had the opportunity to tell her the last time we spoke but one way or the other I couldn't still tell her. Who ever know of that name please tell Charity that I have always love her and I am still loving her.
kiss
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:53pm On Feb 22, 2006
she must be really proud of u
not many guys can love a gal dat long
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by decency(f): 1:50pm On Mar 08, 2006
tongue kiss tongue wink

i wonder if this thread is for boys alone .but i hv to tell de house my experience too.
theres this guy i really loved so much but never got the chance to tell him ,we were in de same department , anytime he sits near me my body reacts,i could not tell him cos i was shy , but i really loved him , hes intelligent , gentle, beautiful body and humble. we later went 4 our service and never met again then i met someone else who made me to 4get him , until one day i ran into him in my office , we begin 2 communicate again , but i dnt love him like b4 , he tells me he has loved always loved me but then it was late.since we just talk on phone
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by DEKING3(m): 8:32am On Mar 10, 2006
decency, all that time, did you know if he felt the same way about you?

For how long did you live in that world of fantasy where you wished you were locked in a relationship with him?
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by ono(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2006
Yeah, I've experienced this thing too:
The lady in question is now with BP in the UK, and married to my friend/acquaintance. We met right here in Warri. We were both around for our six month Industrial Training, some 6 years ago. I practically got stucked with her calm and composed self. Her beauty (to me, is unparralelled) She's so bright at school -she made a first class in Petroleum Engineering. I think if any boy wants brain and beauty combined, this lady's got all. She was altogether humble.

At a stage, I felt I've come across an angel! Gosh!

I guess it's because we were still students.  And I was a bit afraid, I've never had to talk to a girl about my feelings for her! wow!!
But I sure did when I met my wife. I summoned all the courage needed to start the discussion. And It was a cool ride.

I don't think so. She told me some two weeks ago that she's very happy in her marriage

I believe it would have worked out. But you see, I found someone else, just when I thought all hope was lost.  And this one has everything I need in a woman.

Until I met my real hearthrob.  And that's it

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by 2chukwu(m): 11:51am On Mar 11, 2006
Infact am experiencing it right now,
>Why couldn't you say it[b][/b][/b][b]
Becos am speechless and alot of guyz are always at crossroad so no how to say rather i dont wanna be redicule by anyone not even HER!!

LIke i said before alot of guyz are always there to talk to her,y would i blame my self wen i have feelings i can't even xpress dont u think she's not the rite person? cos if she's not y couldn't she help me out or better off say yes wen i asked her to join me for a bottle of drink?

Am a positive minded human being so i dont belive in negativity but when you see what's yours you will know ??abi beside's i dont wanna have a beautiful public toilet angry angryas a chik

And who told ive been free am still obssesed bout her !!!
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by trendy(f): 12:52pm On Nov 20, 2006
right now i have this strong crush on someone
with the rate my feelings are going
am going to fall in love with him
i can't seem to stop my heart
cause it is outta control!

but as a girl i can never make the move undecided
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by dolliepie(f): 4:09pm On Nov 20, 2006
theres this hot guy i ususally sit with in one of my classes , hes everything u cld ever ask for in a man,hes a bookworm just like me,inteliigent but shy.hes never had a girl friend,he enjoys being in my company,at least dat was what he said,but i kind of get this awkward feeln whenever im with him,how we ended up kissin one day,i had no clue what so ever.
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Genial(m): 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2006
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say?

Well, there was this guy in my hostel in the secondary school. He was big and black, a brute and a bully. I really had this very strong feeling for him - I wished I could crush his small head in my hand. Alas, I didn't -couldn't- say so. He was twice my size, you see. . .

tongue
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by ikamefa(f): 11:20pm On Dec 21, 2006
Genial:

Well, there was this guy in my hostel in the secondary school. He was big and black, a brute and a bully. I really had this very strong feeling for him - I wished I could crush his small head in my hand. Alas, I didn't -couldn't- say so. He was twice my size, you see. . .

tongue

you are such a wuss tongue what happened to speaking up and having your ass kicked real hard? the only thing you were gwaan loose is your 2 front teeth grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Genial(m): 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2006
ikamefa:

you are such a wuss tongue what happened to speaking up and having your ass kicked real hard? the only thing you were gwaan loose is your 2 front teeth grin grin

Well, I could have spoken up, I suppose. But that was when I had this huge crush on you, remember? Having two front teeth less wasn't going to help my cause one bit, you see.

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by ikamefa(f): 11:30pm On Dec 21, 2006
Genial:

Well, I could have spoken up, I suppose. But that was when I had this huge crush on you, remember? Having two front teeth less wasn't going to help my cause one bit, you see.

see where you made a mistake! having 2 front teeth less would have zoomed- up your case, i mean you and a freshly panel- beated face with a gapping hole in your front teeth would have been it for me tongue
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Genial(m): 11:35pm On Dec 21, 2006
ikamefa:

see where you made a mistake! having 2 front teeth less would have zoomed- up your case, i mean you and a freshly panel- beated face with a gapping hole in your front teeth would have been it for me tongue

Not so, sweetheart. I had you covered. I knew that you had a preference for guys like me - with a complete set of teeth. I always do my homework, you know.
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by ikamefa(f): 11:38pm On Dec 21, 2006
Genial:

Not so, sweetheart. I had you covered. I knew that you had a preference for guys like me - with a complete set of teeth. I always do my homework, you know.

no dear you just got F9*( with asterisk ) (like @ L would say) in that home work you did grin grin grin grin
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Genial(m): 11:41pm On Dec 21, 2006
ikamefa:

no dear you just got F9*( with asterisk ) (like @ L would say) in that home work you did grin grin grin grin

Nope. I never get F9. I knew you liked the small, attractive ones not the size of two whole teeth. So I got one.
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by ikamefa(f): 11:44pm On Dec 21, 2006
Genial:

Nope. I never get F9. I knew you liked the small, attractive ones not the size of two whole teeth. So I got one.

huh? grin
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Genial(m): 11:47pm On Dec 21, 2006
ikamefa:

huh? grin

Yes. A*.
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by ikamefa(f): 11:52pm On Dec 21, 2006
;d
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Honeypot1(m): 4:11am On Dec 22, 2006
Genial:

tongue

C'mon Genial, u are sooooo funny, u had my head spinning, i was thinking so who's this guy, is he gay or what, until i got the beef grin grin grin
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by ThoniaSlim(f): 1:15pm On Dec 22, 2006
no cool
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by MyPeace(f): 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2006
u peeps want kill me with laughter grin grin grin grin

Even if i love first i cant not say, (african mentality), let him love and i will help him to say it, i have done it before and will do it again, come on guys grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by jammin(m): 5:19am On Dec 25, 2006
Then again perhaps it was all a game. and it was'nt going nowhere.
@genial. you have finally declared you are a coward.
that brute would have heard my voice. cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by jammin(m): 5:30am On Dec 25, 2006
and now that i have spotted you slinking in the shadows i shall be in your face as well. cool
nothing is respected. nothing sacred. tongue
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by Genial(m): 12:51pm On Dec 25, 2006
I see. Make your move.
Re: Ever Had A Strong Feeling For Someone But Didn't Say? by snazzydawn(f): 10:33pm On Dec 25, 2006
Well is it not funny how every girl that is replying to this thread is like they were "crushing" in silence? It is really pathetic what we ladies are going through so as not to look bad, not that it matters anyway.

Okay @ topic,

There is this guy that I used to have a crush on in my first year in the university in 2000, he was in his 3rd year. He graduated in my 2nd year and I never got to see him again because he went to further in the States. In July this year, I received a mail on my hi5 page(thank God for hi5) from someone and discovered it was him and he was like "hi". We got talking on yahoo messenger and on phone but not about serious issues because I was already engaged to be married. Sometime last month, I discovered some shocking revelations about my supposed fiance so I had to take a walk. I and Bassey are actually getting really chummy. Just last week he told me he had always had feelings for me back then in school but did not know how to tell me because I always seemed busy.
  We got really open and we told each other things we used to feel in school ( on yahoo messenger of course). He even told me different clothes I wore on some days to school, mentioned one blue dress I wore on a particular day. He is coming back in January to actually see me again and get to know me more, not just over the net.I am so happy and feel so good.I could just sit and start smiling sillily to myself because I know that I am almost in love and am also loved( to the best of my knowledge). I pray this is actually for real. Not expecting much but well, we all start from somewhere.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guys Can You Woo This Type Of Girl Without Fear ? ( Picture ) / Whoa!! See The Message A Man Sent A Woman After Sleeping With Her / Am Sex Starved.....and I Dont Have A Boyfriend...what Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.