Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,928 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Upcoming Wedding Palava - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Upcoming Wedding Palava (36716 Views)

Please Why Am I Having Nightmares About My Upcoming Wedding? / Wedding Palava With Ladies / Lady Cancels Her Upcoming Wedding After Her Fiance Beat Her Like A Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Frales6(f): 2:45pm On May 18, 2021
See as I dey now, if my husband don manage pay my bride price with small mme mme, I'm ok with it. all these unnecessary spending all in the name of traditional and white wedding is not mandatory oooo. if the money is there, wahala no dey; but not when oga dey try manage and babe dey try please her friends and relatives...hmmm...wahala dey front ooo. The girl no know say all those expenses for be money for another reasonable thing. maybe bcoz no be she dey spend am sha. If na me oooo oga no worry about her wahala...e be like say she still young...leave am make she begin clock 35 and above, she go even manage knocking of door first pending when you go collect list.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:47pm On May 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:
[s]Your mistake is, you shouldn't have told her your mum suggested it, you would have said that it was your idea, you should have brought up the topic in a way that will make her see reasons why it is logical to cut cost, instead of calling her on phone saying bla bla your mum bla bla, and i can imagine you saying it in a bossy way sef, it is her wedding as she said, as it is yours too, make her feel like she's in charge but you're the one controlling things on the side, very simple

Most times it is you men that majorly cause unnecessary animosity between your mother and wives, you guys don't know how to present a case smoothly without bringing up issues.[/s]

Siss read what you wrote again, but this time without tears... grin
I mean, calm down and understand your point first!

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Elvisgolden: 2:47pm On May 18, 2021
You have showed her that you have the capacity to do what she is asking you of. It seems, she has been bending you and having her way before as in anything she ask you, you give it to her....so she is now taking it for granted and that is why she wants you to have her way again.

My bro with women, don't start what you can't finish....for example, if you help your wife to do one or two things in the house, the day you say you will not do it......hmmm, you will see fire, thunder and brimstone

Bottom line, what you didn't atop during dating/courtship, you can't stop it during marriage...........So, if she is not ok with the plan you have, "cut" some financial responsibilities for her like paying hotel bills and transportation for her friends and extended family members from the village(while you take care of her parents) and see this argument die a natural death

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Idaytesj29(m): 2:47pm On May 18, 2021
Origin:
Men will eventually cause the 3rd world war.

What is there in saying i dont have funds and would prefer to have the wedding and trad on same day.

Why must you include your advisor's name. That is why some of us refuse to advise you. And it is all for abosi.

Calling your mother's name or any other person's name can trigger that reaction as she feels it is a couple's affair.

Take ownership of the decisions you need to take and lay your cards clearly to your fiancee and see her reaction.

My mother said even makes you sound like a mummy's boy.

See advise from women who will nearly take permission from their mother before sleeping with their husband.

OP there is nothing wrong with your statement, you cannot pretend that your mother isn't a stakeholder in this programme and you did not seek her advise, she offers it. And you are a good man for been transparent to your would be wife.

She is just too immature to see the positive side of your discussion. Your mum wants the best for you two, there is hunger in the land, squandering funds is not advisable.

Lastly, don't allow her to withdraw you from you mother or father in the name of we are couples while she runs to hers for support and advise every opportunity she got. It will bring you tears.

Shallom!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Patented: 2:49pm On May 18, 2021
Next time bring up such a suggestion as if its your own idea.

that being said, madam fiance is not entirely reasonable in this matte especially since she does not want to consider the size of your pocket and life after wedding when it comes to the expenditure for the ceremony. Make una sidon iron out this matter well ooo. Also be on the same page on financial matters. cos money and sex matters are teh chief source of divorce.

Make una discuss una marriage matter well ooo, reach the number of children and where una wan live and how una plan build house and whether she will work or not etc. make una agree wella before una start oooo. I no wish you evil but time still dey
Annoms:
I'll try to make this short.

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my fiancée about my mum's suggestion about how to go about our wedding which is scheduled to take place Jan next year. My mum suggested that we do both trad and white wedding on the same day to cut cost. She opined that we do the white wedding in the morning and hold the traditional marriage as a reception in the afternoon. I pretty much see reasons from her perspective considering the harsh economic condition in Nigeria.

I was relating this to my fiancée yesterday in a phone call, when she flared up and said I should have consulted her to seek her opinion on this marriage arrangement before going to my family to seek theirs because I said my mum's advise seems okay.

What I deduce from her plight was that she wants the trad marriage at the village (south-east) while the white at the town where we base (South-West). That was what I initially wanted but due to high inflation in the land, I'm actually tilting towards my mum advise because I can't go bankruptcy just because I want to satisfy her. Why not use a stone to kill two birds?

She wants a cream-de-la-cream kind of wedding but she's not ready to assist financially to make that happen. (she's an awaiting corper)

I told her that the cost of transportation and lodging people from the village (hers and mine) to the city for our white marriage alone is gulping about 500/600k. That's transportation & lodging alone ooo.. I'll now spend if not x2 of what I spent on trad for white.. Why not just do everything in the village and move on with our lives? We can actually have it in the village and it will still be all nice and glamourous.

She said she wants to have a say in how her marriage will look like. Her imput is welcomed. But if she still insist on having the white wedding and not putting finances into consideration. I'm thinking that she want the white wedding on the city because of her friends who will attend which is not enough reason to go bankruptcy for.

It was a heated argument yesterday. We both went to bed angrily and not in talking terms till now

Pls advice accordingly. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Sterope(f): 2:50pm On May 18, 2021
Your mum is obviously right.

Next time, you have no reason mention your mum to her. I understand her concerns as well.

Let her know your budget. Make her decision. She can go ahead and plan white and traditional weddings however she likes within that budget.
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by kissdreyalltime: 2:50pm On May 18, 2021
Bra.... Follow your leads n forget weytin your woman de talk....Your woman never work for money before N person wey do wedding inside sitting room with person wey close the street bra nah wedding den do...Please follow Mumsy talk she no fit mislead u but your woman fit.... Thanks to my wife for her understanding doing our weddings..... please go n listen to How to prepare for marriage by Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by mkoabiola: 2:51pm On May 18, 2021
U saw d red flag and u stil want to seek advice on naira land..

Shift..

Nx
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 18, 2021
First your wrong,You shouldn't have told her your Mum,but would have said,this is what you think and your idea..From Look of things nah red flag...
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 18, 2021
Abeg make she Getat!!!

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by bigtt76(f): 2:53pm On May 18, 2021
Its her day and not your mum's. Advice is welcomed but at the discretion of your wife to implement it, don't ruin her day. BTW she doesn't know what's goin on ...better advise her so as to avoid friction in the future with your mum.

Annoms:

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my fiancée about my mum's suggestion about how to go about our wedding which is scheduled to take place Jan next year. My mum suggested that we do both trad and white wedding on the same day to cut cost. She opined that we do the white wedding in the morning and hold the traditional marriage as a reception in the afternoon. I pretty much see reasons from her perspective considering the harsh economic condition in Nigeria.

I was relating this to my fiancée yesterday in a phone call, when she flared up and said I should have consulted her to seek her opinion on this marriage arrangement before going to my family to seek theirs because I said my mum's advise seems okay.

What I deduce from her plight was that she wants the trad marriage at the village (south-east) while the white at the town where we base (South-West). That was what I initially wanted but due to high inflation in the land, I'm actually tilting towards my mum advise because I can't go bankruptcy just because I want to satisfy her. Why not use a stone to kill two birds?

She wants a cream-de-la-cream kind of wedding but she's not ready to assist financially to make that happen. (she's an awaiting corper)

I told her that the cost of transportation and lodging people from the village (hers and mine) to the city for our white marriage alone is gulping about 500/600k. That's transportation & lodging alone ooo.. I'll now spend if not x2 of what I spent on trad for white.. Why not just do everything in the village and move on with our lives? We can actually have it in the village and it will still be all nice and glamourous.

She said she wants to have a say in how her marriage will look like. Her imput is welcomed. But if she still insist on having the white wedding and not putting finances into consideration. I'm thinking that she want the white wedding on the city because of her friends who will attend which is not enough reason to go bankruptcy for.

It was a heated argument yesterday. We both went to bed angrily and not in talking terms till now

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by WEALTHYMII: 2:54pm On May 18, 2021
There are many serious minded ladies here on Nairaland that are really ready to get married.
Just choose, then go and prosper!

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by showafrica(m): 2:55pm On May 18, 2021
duduade:
Red flags

Are you sure this one will hear word in the house like this... Marriage isnt about the wedding abeg.. And i suppose till now she hasnt called you to "lets sort this out" ... No communication... This one will bully you till you fall for her demands... Is this a wife material...

She wants a dream wedding and isnt ready to contribute to it financially

The 500 to 600k is money that can be saved and diverted to something else better. Her priorities are different from yours... Obviously not well matured...

I were in your shoes... I will put ALL PLANS on hold until both parties come to the middle..

In short walk away why you can... Cancelling an engagement wont kill you...

Simple as fuckkk... Guys still dey look woman face for this kind matter?

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by sunbreaker: 2:55pm On May 18, 2021
Jirehz:
grin

My cousin had exactly same issues with his now wife 2 years ago
Girl wey no dey bring any kind of financial support to the wedding oo

My bro just called her 2 days after the argument and told her to put the phone on loudspeaker and give her mom the phone.

“Mama I’ll be coming with with my elder brother to apologize for all inconsistencies. I no longer want to proceed with the wedding. I no get money!”

Nah there area scatter
Nah she come dey beg las las
She turn to Yes sir Yes sir girl till wedding and trad finish grin

yes,correct man grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by mkoabiola: 2:56pm On May 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Your mistake is, you shouldn't have told her your mum suggested it, you would have said that it was your idea, you should have brought up the topic in a way that will make her see reasons why it is logical to cut cost, instead of calling her on phone saying bla bla your mum bla bla, and i can imagine you saying it in a bossy way sef, it is her wedding as she said, as it is yours too, make her feel like she's in charge but you're the one controlling things on the side, very simple

Most times it is you men that majorly cause unnecessary animosity between your mother and wives, you guys don't know how to present a case smoothly without bringing up issues.
U are birds of the sake feather with that gal.

What is d big deal to quote her mum who wants d best for him in order to cut expenses..

I fear women like una.

Feminist gang

3 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Olibboy: 2:58pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

I hope your wife is not a liability.

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by SAMAJ: 2:58pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

I'm sure I'll even be the one to pay for her wedding gown and accessories. embarassed

Am afraid, this marriage may collapse before it starts. Tread cautiously.

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by EndRape2(f): 2:59pm On May 18, 2021
You keep quite when you do not have sense to contribute to a post, he is wrong, to consult his mum on how to plan his own wedding, yes his mum can advice but his mum says can not be final, because it is not her wedding, you were not there on how it happened ,how the guy put it and said it, to her, just drawing conclusion from social media.

Every girl wants to have full control of her wedding , on her wedding day, even if he wants the traditional and white wedding together he does not need to tell the fiences that is mummy said so, he should have inform the fienace, that two of them should do it like this. Not saying mummy said
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by lagonovo: 2:59pm On May 18, 2021
I don't have time for nonsense. Tell her the marriage is off for irreconcilable differences ( grin grin the whole world go understand) and you are now planning on relocating abroad to start your life afresh, and hopefully find someone that will be on the same page with you financially.
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by awumen: 2:59pm On May 18, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Your mistake is, you shouldn't have told her your mum suggested it, you would have said that it was your idea, you should have brought up the topic in a way that will make her see reasons why it is logical to cut cost, instead of calling her on phone saying bla bla your mum bla bla, and i can imagine you saying it in a bossy way sef, it is her wedding as she said, as it is yours too, make her feel like she's in charge but you're the one controlling things on the side, very simple

Most times it is you men that majorly cause unnecessary animosity between your mother and wives, you guys don't know how to present a case smoothly without bringing up issues.
I completely agree with the point you raised as regards mentioning the mum in the convo. Mister you ought to have brought up the subject as if you are the one saying it directly. Learn to say whatever you want to say as your own opinion,never use mum, dad or any relative as excuse to advise your spouse,na trouble u de raise.
To the koko,your babe no try atall including u dat wants to spend 2M in dis trying period. Wedding ceremony isn't an investment o. Cut your coat according to size. Let her understand the need to spend very little especially in the current situation where she's contributing noting to the equation. I know ppl who earn 2M monthly but currently they are in cost saving mode.
Broda,go back to the drawing board,spend between 1-1.5M and you will be fine.
Abi na stone she go chop during NYSC years? Why do our young men like bringing liabilities including control freaks into their lives?

4 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by olamoses75(m): 2:59pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

I was thinking I was the one that's not considerate when she was screaming on the phone yesterday. This harsh times, one needs to spend money judiciously. Imagine spending 3-4m over 2 sets wedding when I can do all in one day for 2m sef..

Thanks brother
abeg where una dey see dis money? #2m for a party all in the name of wedding ceremony. That money would go a long way in starting or expanding a business. She's even the one that supposed to tell you to do everything at once, since she is not contributing anything. I still don't know any reason why a Nigerian man will be planning wedding with a liability except if you are a multimillionaire. Any lady that doesn't have anything doing is not ready for marriage, if we must spend #4m for wedding, you and your family must be ready to donate at least #1m.

3 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by DenreleDave(m): 3:00pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

I was thinking I was the one that's not considerate when she was screaming on the phone yesterday. This harsh times, one needs to spend money judiciously. Imagine spending 3-4m over 2 sets wedding when I can do all in one day for 2m sef..

Thanks brother

Pls don't marry that lady....

I beg you...

If you do, trust me.. U will come back here and complain abt your house on fire....

It's not a curse, this is a red flag...

4 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by shopnimini: 3:00pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Honest advice?

She is not marriage material. Call off the wedding.

And stop being a simp

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by lagonovo: 3:00pm On May 18, 2021
EndRape2:
You keep quite when you do not have sense to contribute to a post, he is wrong, to consult his mum on how to plan his own wedding, yes his mum can advice but his mum says can not be final, because it is not her wedding, you were not there on how it happened ,how the guy put it and said it, to her, just drawing conclusion from social media.

Every girl wants to have full control of her wedding , on her wedding day, even if he wants the traditional and white wedding together he does not need to tell the fiences that is mummy said so, he should have inform the fienace, that two of them should do it like this. Not saying mummy said

Full control of wedding is for girls who are financially ok or have family that can finance the wedding.
If your husband is paying for the wedding, he has full control of the planning! Simple.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Mayflowa(m): 3:01pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Thanks brother

Don't go and kill yourself. Do not spend more than 1.5m on a wedding. i want to have say kind of talk comes from western world where women do equal contributions, sometimes more, to house keeping and projects. You are not spending on your marriage yet you're screaming? Who does that? She doesn't even work. Can she spare 500k of her money for anyone?

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by EndRape2(f): 3:01pm On May 18, 2021
My brother do not let all these immature mummy's boy deceive you here, you are the one that is not mature and in considerate.

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by chris51(f): 3:01pm On May 18, 2021
I agree with your mother. There's life after marriage and wedding ceremonies. This is what people do now. Church in the morning, Reception/ Traditional in the afternoon.
If she wants to have her way, no problem as long as she can foot the bill.
If you are footing the bill, it's either your way or no way at all.

Let her find another man who will be MUMU for her. The way I look at it, this girl will trouble your mother.

Next time someone advises you, you don't tell your fiancee. It's very immature. Just say, I have a second thought

5 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by Sanctecosma(m): 3:01pm On May 18, 2021
Even though I'll say you should follow your mum's advise, but then I think it's your fault that she flared up when you broached the idea. Yes, you should have been tactful in the way you relayed the idea to her.
Ok this is my take- what if you kept what your mum told you at heart while you bring up the idea to her and then hear her own opinion. Then, if she said something to the contrary, that is now when you'd have chipped in your mum's suggestion as though it's yours and then try to make her see reasons with you. Who knows if she wouldn't play along.
Now here you are trying to make it seem like it's all her fault even to the extent of saying she doesn't agree with your mum. And would you expect anything less from her reaction that you should have talked to her first? Ofcourse, that's natural. blame her not for Christ sake, considering that you once espoused same opinion as her before ur mum came into the picture plus she may think her opinion doesn't count or isn't valued.

2 Likes

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by chris51(f): 3:01pm On May 18, 2021
chris51:
I agree with your mother. There's life after marriage and wedding ceremonies. This is what people do now. Church in the morning, Reception/ Traditional in the afternoon.
If she wants to have her way, no problem as long as she can foot the bill.
If you are footing the bill, it's either your way or no way at all.

Let her find another man who will be MUMU for her. The way I look at it, this girl will trouble your mother.

Next time someone advises you, you don't tell your fiancee. It's very immature. Just say, I have a second thought
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by lagonovo: 3:02pm On May 18, 2021
shopnimini:

Honest advice?

She is not marriage material. Call off the wedding.

And stop being a simp
Fact!

1 Like

Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by sexysage(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

Wahala no dey flash person make e use him credit call am back. If you know what's good for you, just run for your life. Awon iyawo arungun.
Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by 9icetoo(m): 3:03pm On May 18, 2021
Annoms:

There is much more to marriage than the wedding ceremony.
Been there.

Your wife to be is still naive about certain things in life. She will learn.
If you want her to learn at your expense, it is your choice.

Your mum is being considerate of your finances. She is in tune with the situation of things. Your wife to be is not. She has her head stuck in the clouds.

Your wife to be is thinking of here "friends".
They won't ride the waves with you when everyone goes home after the wedding. Be wise.

Let her blow off some steam. Invite her over. This is not a phone conversation. Sit her down and explain why you think this is the way to go. Change the narrative from "my mums idea" to "what we need to do". It's easier for her to buy into it than to convince her to buy your mum's idea.

Remember, she is coming to wrestle your affection from your mum (it is true. Trust me. It is balancing act most men have to deal with).
It is early birds, don't make her feel like she is losing the game already.

In all you do, make sure you take the most financially sound option.

The wedding is not an indication of how marriages turn out. It is a long journey full of highs and lows. Some baulk during the lows, some ride it out and enjoy the later years when all the kinks have been ironed out.

All the best.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

(picture) WOMAN Gets Married To Herself / For Assholes With GirlFriends / Seven Classes Of Bachelors In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.