Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (14780 Views)

Photo Of Syrian Boy Protecting His Little Sister From Air Strike / 34 Hostages Killed In Air Strike By Algerian Forces / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 4:39pm On May 05, 2011
10cirenoh:

Too bad you are one of those people, should have known since, so because i don't lick azz, i am automatically a west hater? I repeated the questions because you haven't answered nada from my questions. Well you said some of my questions were repeated by me, what about the rest that weren't repeated, where are the answers to these ones?
You haven't made any point since you've been typing, NOW TELL ME, what point are you trying to make?

Like i said to you b4, my points here will not make any sense to you cos you are programmed to think that WEST is BAD, anyting ant-WEST is good.

Its the old argument, you will never see the killings carried out by dictators who spew out ant-WEST agenda.

Osama was killed and some fanatics are demomstrating burning American flag but at the same time, in SYRIA army is busy shooting at citizens, dead bodies on the street but NO single al-Qaeda lovers is condeming it, the moment the WEST takes action everyone of u will come out of woodwork to spew garbage.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 6:07pm On May 05, 2011
abeg, all of you are wasting your time. . . . .the US are now finding ways to commit those who disagree with his bullshit as *mentally deranged* dont bother yourself trying to teach these people anything, allow the US to continue bumfu**ing them and their 'democratic president'.

Gadaffi has done more in his autocratic rule than Nigeria has in the past 50 years! JUST ASK A LIBYAN!

meanwhile we should open up another thread discussing these things, with the US setting up almost 1000 bases around the world theres no doubt something BIG is happening soon.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 6:09pm On May 05, 2011
justwise:

Like i said to you b4, my points here will not make any sense to you cos you are programmed to think that WEST is BAD, anyting ant-WEST is good.

Its the old argument, you will never see the killings carried out by dictators who spew out ant-WEST agenda.

Osama was killed and some fanatics are demomstrating burning American flag but at the same time, in SYRIA army is busy shooting at citizens, dead bodies on the street but NO single al-Qaeda lovers is condeming it, the moment the WEST takes action everyone of u will come out of woodwork to spew garbage.

You keep making allegations here and there, but you have refused to post factual ones, whats with Osama and Gaddaffi? we are discussing Gaddaffi here, so hush from the Osama myth shitz.

Now back to the issue, you said Gaddaffi is killing, i asked for evidence, you posted videos of unclear killings which could have been from any of the sides fighting eachother, is that the best you can come up with?

I asked you series of questions, none has been answered by you, i just think i am wasting my time with you because you are actually the one not reasoning well, nor are you using your head to think neutrally.

In his 42 years rule, have you ever heard of any crisis in Libya? i asked you if you knew why they are fighting even after giving you tips, yet you failed to answer.

Waste of time and bandwidth
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 6:26pm On May 05, 2011
10cirenoh:

You keep making allegations here and there, but you have refused to post factual ones, whats with Osama and Gaddaffi? we are discussing Gaddaffi here, so hush from the Osama myth shitz.Now back to the issue, you said Gaddaffi is killing, i asked for evidence, you posted videos of unclear killings which could have been from any of the sides fighting eachother, is that the best you can come up with?
I asked you series of questions, none has been answered by you, i just think i am wasting my time with you because you are actually the one not reasoning well, nor are you using your head to think neutrally.In his 42 years rule, have you ever heard of any crisis in Libya? i asked you if you knew why they are fighting even after giving you tips, yet you failed to answer.Waste of time and bandwidth

I will never post any graphic video here again, unlike u i actually feel uncomforable posting those clips let alone viewing them, just like every fanatic, u got no problem viewing dead bodies. The WEST is bad but Gaddafi's son studied, lived  and bought houses in the WEST, banked in the WEST, print money in the WEST, buy weapons from the WEST. How is it ok for one person to stay in power for 42yrs?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 7:03pm On May 05, 2011
justwise:

I will never post any graphic video here again, unlike u i actually feel uncomforable posting those clips let alone viewing them, just like every fanatic, u got no problem viewing dead bodies. The WEST is bad but Gaddafi's son studied, lived  and bought houses in the WEST, banked in the WEST, print money in the WEST, buy weapons from the WEST. How is it ok for one person to stay in power for 42yrs?

Answer my questions man, why do you love beating around the bush
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 05, 2011
na wa o
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by thoth: 2:03am On May 06, 2011
This is the sort of thing that keeps our leaders DIFFERENT from the likes of Qaddafi.

[b]After having their economy in disarray due to their own mismanagement, it is not surprising that they IMF and World Bank will be persuading the Nigerian Central Bank to further devalue its currency so that those nations concerned even though they have totally mismanaged their own economy should still be enjoying the stronger purchasing power due to exchange rate advantage while the ordinary Nigerian man's labour continues to be bought for less than a penny.
It has been agreed that further currency devaluation was one of the compromises that Goodluck Jonathan accepted on his visit to the white house on his quest for Power, Nevertheless the first incursion of such change came at a very bad timing , It is important that we understand that the IMF request to further devalue the economy was rejected not because it is unreasonable or that they were concerned for the destructive effects of such policy but that it would be a disadvantage for the incumbent government which hopes to retain power on the coming election, they know too well that implementing such policy will take the masses support away from them, so it becomes a question of the right time not the right purpose because for all we know the policy is already implemented, [/b]

ARIS-EI Dept Report#430221 Date: Feb,03,2011.

There are several options available to the administration to carry out the IMF request(currency devaluation) but we would look at the two main ways that is the norm in Africa, first, it can be blatantly dropped on the masses as usual considering the ordinary citizen has no say whatsoever in the running of the supposedly democratic nation and that 95% of the population are ignorant of the national economics altogether or a subtle and less conspicuous implementation may be chosen where the currency is being devalued gradually and the ignorant masses will simply accept it as a norm(see, EI Report#430104) and it will simply go as “ Our currency is falling” which is the usual way the masses see it in such cases. which ever method they wish to choose it would still have the same catastrophic outcome one more subtle than the other,

ARIS-EI Dept Report#430283 Date:April,26,2011.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 5:02am On May 06, 2011
^^^^^^

I hope all of those buffoons that voted in GEJ and his criminal cronies will take the time out to read this and absorb it, I predicted that this would happen, I told some naysayers on here that they should tighten their seat belts for the coming austerity measures that GEJ would implement as I knew that due to PDP's ineptitude and gross incompetence Nigeria would find itself having to dance to the tune of the IMF and other predatory western financial institutions. 

Thoth, is this excerpt from a govt report?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 5:12am On May 06, 2011
thoth:

This is the sort of thing that keeps our leaders DIFFERENT from the likes of Qaddafi.

[b]After having their economy in disarray due to their own mismanagement, it is not surprising that they IMF and World Bank will be persuading the Nigerian Central Bank to further devalue its currency so that those nations concerned even though they have totally mismanaged their own economy should still be enjoying the stronger purchasing power due to exchange rate advantage while the ordinary Nigerian man's labour continues to be bought for less than a penny.
It has been agreed that further currency devaluation was one of the compromises that Goodluck Jonathan accepted on his visit to the white house on his quest for Power, Nevertheless the first incursion of such change came at a very bad timing , It is important that we understand that the IMF request to further devalue the economy was rejected not because it is unreasonable or that they were concerned for the destructive effects of such policy but that it would be a disadvantage for the incumbent government which hopes to retain power on the coming election, they know too well that implementing such policy will take the masses support away from them, so it becomes a question of the right time not the right purpose because for all we know the policy is already implemented, [/b]

ARIS-EI Dept Report#430221 Date: Feb,03,2011.

There are several options available to the administration to carry out the IMF request(currency devaluation) but we would look at the two main ways that is the norm in Africa, first, it can be blatantly dropped on the masses as usual considering the ordinary citizen has no say whatsoever in the running of the supposedly democratic nation and that 95% of the population are ignorant of the national economics altogether or a subtle and less conspicuous implementation may be chosen where the currency is being devalued gradually and the ignorant masses will simply accept it as a norm(see, EI Report#430104) and it will simply go as “ Our currency is falling” which is the usual way the masses see it in such cases. which ever method they wish to choose it would still have the same catastrophic outcome one more subtle than the other,

ARIS-EI Dept Report#430283 Date:April,26,2011.

This is the kind of thing that Gaddaffi would never do to his own economy and his people, look at how he built the man made river which supplies water to the entire country without borrowing a penny from the world bank, all the infrastructure projects in libya were paid for upfront, libya is not indebted to any nation, this is what america and europe want to reverse. They have been destroying all the infrastructure so that they can award all the contracts to their own construction companies to rebuild the country and then pass the tab to the libyan people!!!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by thoth: 6:04am On May 06, 2011
cap28:

Thoth, is this excerpt from a govt report?

It is an ARIS Report , that may be all i can say about the source, which government(if there is one) you can infer by your intuition. ARIS is an intelligence service set up for the liberation of "concerned" nations and it is only a part of a bigger machine.
witnessing the ignorance on these threads I am pushed to share a piece of what passes through me for the sake of people who might want to enlighten themselves.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 9:38am On May 06, 2011
^^^ I googles ARIS and didnt find anything about them- where is the base?

I'm only beggining to understand this, do people also know its cheaper to buy oil in europe and the us than it is to buy in Nigeria!! does that even make any sense! considering the fact that oil is a much more valuable commodity here than back home where its made!

@cap28 your right, gadaafi might have been tyranical but he will never allow his people to be violated by th eus!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by jaybee3(m): 9:42am On May 06, 2011
queensmith:

I'm only beggining to understand this, do people also know its cheaper to buy oil in europe and the us than it is to buy in Nigeria!! does that even make any sense! considering the fact that oil is a much more valuable commodity here than back home where its made!

@cap28 your right, gadaafi might have been tyranical but he will never allow his people to be violated by th eus!
Yes it does considering the fact that Nigeria can't refine enough oil to meet her demand.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 9:48am On May 06, 2011
^^ but we can refine enough to meet the demands of other countries??

why do we ship oil when we dont have enough for ourselves?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by jaybee3(m): 9:50am On May 06, 2011
queensmith:

^^ but we can refine enough to meet the demands of other countries??

why do we ship oil when we dont have enough for ourselves?
We only export crude oil not refined oil
Refined petroleum (petrol, diesel)
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 9:59am On May 06, 2011
jay bee:

We only export crude oil not refined oil
Refined petroleum (petrol, diesel)

oooooo i see, so the oil is then refined abroad

well then, why dont we then build more refineries? since other countries can refine enough for triple the demand?

this all sounds very simple to me imo
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by jaybee3(m): 10:08am On May 06, 2011
^^^
The oil is refined abroad then gets imported back. The government are supposed to be subsidising it though so yes it should still be cheap regardless

You are indeed right in the sense that refinery technology and capital resource is widely available so we shouldn't be left behind with something that will benefit us in great deal.

Ask yourself this, why is it that simple things just don't work in Naij?
Perhaps, answer to the question is not far from people in high places having too much to lose if things worked the way it was meant to
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 10:53am On May 06, 2011
yes, but i dont think its stops at the nigerians in high places, i think the westerners benefit from keeping africa down!

then again i dont think we need anybody in a high place to do anything, we put them there didnt we? we can simply take them out?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by jaybee3(m): 11:03am On May 06, 2011
How do you propose we take out some of the major sponsors of a president out?
It's not impossible but the change have to start from bottom up.

BTW: Westeners benefitting from keeping Africa down is a myth. We are the cause of our own problems. Westeners didn't plague us with greed. It's a rotten disease embedded within most Nigerians
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 11:27am On May 06, 2011
^^ think about it for a minute- i know you say that out of anger at the way africans behave but please take a minute to think it out.

How cheap is life in london? How accesible is everything? how affordable are things? esp the things we dont produce! there is a very well established theory that says- only vertain races should enjoy benefits of resources because only they have the initiative to use them. The more you look at the situation around the world, the more sense it makes. How much value will you put on most of these resources? refined or otherwise were being bumped here meehn! big time!!!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 11:33am On May 06, 2011
jay bee:

How do you propose we take out some of the major sponsors of a president out?

protesting seems to work nowadays! the only think we need to ensure is whatever leader we get hasnt been conditioned by 'the masters'
the last election showed us we lack trues visionaries to move the country forward Jonathan being the best out of a bad bunch.
I think we should start weining individuals for leadership from now. young and old!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by jaybee3(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2011
^^^
All the things westerners enjoy in own countries are due to the sacrifices they make.
Question is why won't an average African man/woman change is mentality for the good of his nation?

PS: I don't believe in conspiracy theories. I'm all about facts and common sense.
Common sense tells me change will only happen in Nigeria once we have a president with balls to rain changes that we've all been clamouring for. It happened in Ghana and SA hasn't stopped developing.

I repeat Greed is our number one problem
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by jaybee3(m): 11:42am On May 06, 2011
queensmith:

protesting seems to work nowadays! the only think we need to ensure is whatever leader we get hasnt been conditioned by 'the masters'
the last election showed us we lack trues visionaries to move the country forward Jonathan being the best out of a bad bunch.
I think we should start weining individuals for leadership from now. young and old!
The average Nigerian doesn't believe in protesting. It's all about what's in it for me hence the reason why the elite few have been able to get away with murder for so long.
We have learned educated visionary leaders but how are they going to be able to function when the system in it's entirety is corrupt?
Radical changes are needed but surely this wouldn't happen overnight
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 2:03pm On May 06, 2011
In Libya they have 4 fully functional refineries - nigeria which claims to be a democratic nation does not have one fully functional refinery instead it prefers to import petrol at inflated prices, the nigerian politicians award petroleum  import licences to their family and friends and these parasites exploit their own people by selling these petroleum products to the masses at inflated prices.

Jay bee i agree with what you said about fighting to change things ourselves but remember we are not a united people, when the time comes to fight everyone will immediately allign with members of their own ethnic group irrespective of how sincere these people are, look at what just happened during the last elections, southerners got behind goodluck jonathan despite the fact that he is a member of one of the most corrupt political parties in nigeria.

Change can come in nigeria but it will have to be a grassroots movement - the masses will have to use force to remove the corrupt elite at the top that is the only way change will come about.

The nigerian elite (the politicians, business people, technocrats) are the enemies of the nigerian people - they are not interested in improving the lives of ordinary people, they have no vision, their only objective is to keep lining their pockets. 
They have a vested interest in things remaining the same,  why would someone change somethign that they are benefitting from? 

The only interests they serve are their own selfish interests and the interests of foreign multinational businesses and banks - that is why Goodluck Jonathan had to go to Obama first to get Obama's backing, Obama gave his backing but with conditions attached - that nigeria devalue its currency so that foreign investors can come into nigeria and buy up nigerian public utitilities at rock bottom prices. Did Jonathan object to this? Of course not, all he could say was wait until after i have won the election then i will devalue our currency and plunge my people into even more hardship - these are all the kinds of things that the west could not do to Gadaffi, when gadaffi felt that libya wasnt getting a fair price for its oil from the western oil companies he cut his oil production and started threatening to nationalise the entire libyan oil industry in order to enable the libyan people exert greater control over oil prices, can you imagine someone like Jonathan doing something like this?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 2:58pm On May 06, 2011
queensmith:

Do you know you just insulted some reasonable Nigerians out here in Nigeria?

How can Jonathan be the best from those who contested?
What makes Jonathan the best among the rest?

Is Jonathan better than Shekarau or Utomi to name a few?

What does Jonathan have to his name as an achievement compared to these 2 names i just mentioned? i don't want to include other names who are in a better position to debunk that your claim.

What makes the rest bad bunch?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by thoth: 4:05pm On May 06, 2011
queensmith:

You can not find ARIS in Google or anywhere but ARIS exists, Africa is a complex continent, the presence of tribalism and the absence of nationalism makes it imperative that whoever fights the enemy would fight like the enemy.

I wonder has Nigerians ever asked themselves why the CIA worked so hard to assassinate Abacha, even though he has his vice he took the advice of patriotic economists and the rate of US dollar to naira remained 22 naira to 1 dollar, Nigeria was hoarded with sanctions during his regime but we never felt better and economy was stable.How are we feeling now with no sanctions and democracy ?

After Abacha's death and the Olusegun Obasanjo came in as the democratic elected president the naira went from 21.8 per dollar to 145 per dollar in less than 18 months.
Has anybody ever asked questions while the currency was being devalued ?
Ask yourself are you even aware that the currency was devalued ?
If you were asked before now would you not nonchalantly say "Our money was falling" ?
How come Obasanjo immediately started "Privatisation" of public utilities and how many of those utilities were owned by Nigerians afterwards ?
Did the service that already privatised utilities like Power(electricity),Telecommunications (NITEL) and Seaports get any better while at the same time the cost of using such utilities gets higher thereby taking the means out of the ordinary masses ?

When we talk about refineries it a simply technology, i read the Biafrans refined their own oil during the war, they even built a mobile refinery that can be disassembled and assembled, why was it that we our refineries can't function after billions of dollars awarded to foreign companies to rebuild it ?

How many times has Billions been awarded to the same American Company to Drain the River Niger and has it been done and if it hasn't who has talked about it ?

I don't want to provide answers to these questions but if any of you take your time to read each one and try to research and answer it for yourselves it would give me a great joy.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 4:30pm On May 06, 2011
^^ i will certainly do so, but if ARIS really exists then why dont they do anything??

@10cirenoh, dont let our politcal opinions divert the topic at hand, I have no interest in praising anyone that hasnt shown me any benefit. What have these politicians you mentioned done for anybody in Nigeria?

@cap28- it makes sense, some of the US cables leaked by wikileaks confirmed the libyan rebel group is lead by a US puppet. Us not being united is because the govt hasn't made an effort to bring us all together. Even by simply making it compulsory for every Nigerian to spk at least 3 local languages will enable us to appreciate our cultures and bring us together.

Nigeria is disintegrating at an alarming rate, to an extent that we celebrate peaceful yet highly suspicious elections!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 5:28pm On May 06, 2011
Another reason why america and europe are trying to get rid of Gadaffi:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuqZfaj34nc[/flash]
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 6:40pm On May 06, 2011
queensmith:

@10cirenoh, dont let our politcal opinions divert the topic at hand, I have no interest in praising anyone that hasnt shown me any benefit. What have these politicians you mentioned done for anybody in Nigeria?

If you didn't want to, why then did you have to make that statement?

You want to know what impact Pat Utomi has impacted on the lives of young Nigerians we want to make it as successful entrepreneurs of our time?

You want to know how well Shekarau has served Nigeria rising from the post of a School teacher up to an 8 years governor who brought peace and tranquility to Kano during his 8 years leadership?

I ask again, what makes Jonathan better than these 2 and others? and what makes the rest bad bunch?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by morpheus24: 6:54pm On May 06, 2011
cap28:

In Libya they have 4 fully functional refineries - nigeria which claims to be a democratic nation does not have one fully functional refinery instead it prefers to import petrol at inflated prices, the nigerian politicians award petroleum  import licences to their family and friends and these parasites exploit their own people by selling these petroleum products to the masses at inflated prices.

Jay bee i agree with what you said about fighting to change things ourselves but remember we are not a united people, when the time comes to fight everyone will immediately allign with members of their own ethnic group irrespective of how sincere these people are, look at what just happened during the last elections, southerners got behind goodluck jonathan despite the fact that he is a member of one of the most corrupt political parties in nigeria.

[b]Change can come in nigeria but it will have to be a grassroots movement - the masses will have to use force to remove the corrupt elite at the top that is the only way change will come about.[/b]The nigerian elite (the politicians, business people, technocrats) are the enemies of the nigerian people - they are not interested in improving the lives of ordinary people, they have no vision, their only objective is to keep lining their pockets.

They have a vested interest in things remaining the same,  why would someone change somethign that they are benefitting from? 

- these are all the kinds of things that the west could not do to Gadaffi, when gadaffi felt that libya wasnt getting a fair price for its oil from the western oil companies he cut his oil production and started threatening to nationalise the entire libyan oil industry in order to enable the libyan people exert greater control over oil prices, can you imagine someone like Jonathan doing something like this?

Spoken like a true MARXIST COMMUNIST peasant.

Karl, Che and MAO will truly be proud of you.

cap28:

The only interests they serve are their own selfish interests and the interests of foreign multinational businesses and banks - that is why Goodluck Jonathan had to go to Obama first to get Obama's backing, Obama gave his backing but with conditions attached - that nigeria devalue its currency so that foreign investors can come into nigeria and buy up nigerian public utitilities at rock bottom prices. Did Jonathan object to this? Of course not, all he could say was wait until after i have won the election then i will devalue our currency and plunge my people into even more hardship

PROPAGANDA WARNING!!!!!
SEE VIDEO FOR ACCURATE PERSPECTIVE

[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWRHSWYZ7nQ[/flash]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCyypVW1nc&feature=relmfu[/flash]
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 9:32pm On May 06, 2011
morpheus24:

Spoken like a true MARXIST COMMUNIST peasant.

Karl, Che and MAO will truly be proud of you.

[/b]

PROPAGANDA WARNING!!!!!
SEE VIDEO FOR ACCURATE PERSPECTIVE

[flash=450,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWRHSWYZ7nQ[/flash]

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOCyypVW1nc&feature=relmfu[/flash]

These clips you've posted up there prove nothing.

All i can hear on the part of the CBN governor is that the nigerian govt refused to accept devaluation of the naira. 
But one major thing you missed was the fact that this was his position 2 months BEFORE THE ELECTIONS -

I would be very interested to know what his current position is on this.

It makes perfect sense for the nigerian govt to lie about its position before an election in order to ensure its voted back into office by the gullible nigerian public. 

It is still very early days, but i am very sure that nigeria's position on this will change very soon and the devaluation will take place despite Lamido's (staged) protestations.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Nobody: 11:47am On May 09, 2011
Libyans are much better off than we nigerians.Food over there is very cheap and plentiful and they have a constant power supply unlike our epiliptic one over here.According to the ECONOMIST Libya has the second best health care service in africa after south africa and the transport system in Libya is satisfactory.The poorest libyan lives on 2 dollars a day and the poorest nigerian lives on less than a dollar a day.The literacy rate in libya is very high unlike nigeria that has one of the highest illiteracy rate in africa.Ghadafi has turned around this desert country into a dynamic nation and libya doesnt depend on foreign countries for aid.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by morpheus24: 1:18pm On May 09, 2011
cap28:

These clips you've posted up there prove nothing.

All i can hear on the part of the CBN governor is that the nigerian govt refused to accept devaluation of the naira. 
But one major thing you missed was the fact that this was his position 2 months BEFORE THE ELECTIONS -

I would be very interested to know what his current position is on this.

Really Cap28. his current position has not changed. World economic forum Africa was just completed in Capetown Sa and discussions on Nigeria touched on these worries. THE POSITION IS STILL THE SAME!!!

and please I know you are going to jump on "where is the proof" to try to invalidate. Don't worry, as soon as the video's are released. I will post them.

cap28:

It makes perfect sense for the nigerian govt to lie about its position before an election in order to ensure its voted back into office by the gullible nigerian public. 

It is still very early days, but i am very sure that nigeria's position on this will change very soon and the devaluation will take place despite Lamido's (staged) protestations.

I don't  understand what you on about here. THe CBN governer is not obligated to the Presidency to do their bidding, rather its the other way round. THey take recommendations from him and If he sees no reason to devalue the Naira then thats just what's going to happen. The best the govt can do is replace him which he is fine with seeing that he was making more money as CEO of First Bank.

That man doesn't need to stage anything for anybody.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / Court Jails Guatemalan Ex-President Otto Perez & His VP Roxana Baldetti / Czech President Impeached For State Pardon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.