Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,876 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike (14780 Views)

Photo Of Syrian Boy Protecting His Little Sister From Air Strike / 34 Hostages Killed In Air Strike By Algerian Forces / Video Of French Air Strike In Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 5:54pm On May 04, 2011
@Justwise

So because they send money to your country, they should not be criticized even when they are wrong? what are you even trying to say here? BTW, how has the money they send to Nigeria helped me or any of my family member?

justwise:

How do u know they were armed and exporting oil? Even if they were caught exporting oil do they deserved to be slaughtered in cold blood?

What on earth are you saying? you said Gaddaffi shot and killed people, i asked you for evidence, you posted some links which didn't explain anything because these video could have represented the rebels killing civilians or the other way round, have you actually seen how the rebels themselves look? have you seen their weapons? have you seen the 4X4 they drive? WHERE on earth would civilians get MASSIVE weapons from?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by JeSoul(f): 6:01pm On May 04, 2011
10cirenoh:

@Justwise

So because they send money to your country, they should not be criticized even when they are wrong? what are you even trying to say here? BTW, how has the money they send to Nigeria helped me or any of my family member?
  10cirenoh, of course not. Its just that our criticisms must be put in proper perspective. There is no nation on this earth without terrible sins, some more than others. But as you are pointing out their shortcomings, be sure to equally point out where they have excelled. All things being equal, who will open eye and side dictatorial govts run by ruthless, murderous dictators over democratic (albeit imperfect) ones run by elected leaders?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 6:08pm On May 04, 2011
10cirenoh:

@Justwise

What on earth are you saying? you said Gaddaffi shot and killed people, i asked you for evidence, you posted some links which didn't explain anything because these video could have represented the rebels killing civilians or the other way round, have you actually seen how the rebels themselves look? have you seen their weapons? have you seen the 4X4 they drive? WHERE on earth would civilians get MASSIVE weapons from?

Some of those weapon were left in army baracks deserted by some Gaddafi army who refused to shoot their own pple and joined ant-Gaddafi movement. I can't be bothered again uploading graphic videos of the killings, visit youtube u will see more than enough, however 10cirenoh, i don't expect u to believe those video cos its obvious that u have made up ur mind already about who to blame about the world's problem, its all America problem and the rebels are killing themselves, Gaddafi hasn't killed anybody
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 6:24pm On May 04, 2011
justwise:

[/b]
Some of those weapon were left in army baracks deserted by some Gaddafi army who refused to shoot their own pple and joined ant-Gaddafi movement. I can't be bothered again uploading graphic videos of the killings, visit youtube u will see more than enough, however 10cirenoh, i don't expect u to believe those video cos its obvious that u have made up your mind already about who to blame about the world's problem, its all America problem and the rebels are killing themselves, Gaddafi hasn't killed anybody

Man help yourself, i ask you again, how can you differentiate between those who were shown in the video as dead people and the the civilians? it seems you don't understand something, Libya is not a one tribe/ethnic country, there are people against Gaddaffi because of his tribe, hope you know the country is also similar to Sudan? there's this question you haven't answered, i asked you "Do you know the difference between a fully armed "civilian" to an innocent unarmed civilian?"

If they were innocent civilians, how come they easily know how to export oil, they have enough weapon to withstand the MAIN country's military force known to the world as one of the best in Africa or are you truying to see it's because of the few barracks that Gaddaffi built in the other side of the country where he's hated for his tribe? Just tell me, Do you think Libya truly have a reason to complain about Gaddaffi's 42 years rule?

ONE THING YOU CANNOT TAKE AWAY FROM GADDAFFI IS THE FACT THAT HE MADE HIS COUNTRY AND HIS PEOPLE LIVE LIKE KINGS AND QUEENS even in Africa known to be poor by the rest of the world, he made sure the lives of his citizens compete with that of the developed world.

JeSoul:

10cirenoh, of course not. Its just that our criticisms must be put in proper perspective. There is no nation on this earth without terrible sins, some more than others. But as you are pointing out their shortcomings, be sure to equally point out where they have excelled. All things being equal, who will open eye and side dictatorial govts run by ruthless, murderous dictators over democratic (albeit imperfect) ones run by elected leaders?

You suddenly turned Gaddaffi to a murderer of his people, now tell me, IN HIS 42YRS RULE, show me how many time his people complained of starvation and poverty, hope you know the average standard of living of a Libyan to that of the western world and also that of the so called African countries practicing "democrazy"?

Just tell me, how many more years would Gaddaffi have ruled before he dies naturally of old age if he was allowed to rule for 42yrs with meaningful governance to his people?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 6:54pm On May 04, 2011
10cirenoh:

Man help yourself, i ask you again, how can you differentiate between those who were shown in the video as dead people and the the civilians? it seems you don't understand something, Libya is not a one tribe/ethnic country, there are people against Gaddaffi because of his tribe, hope you know the country is also similar to Sudan? there's this question you haven't answered, i asked you "Do you know the difference between a fully armed "civilian" to an innocent unarmed civilian?"

If they were innocent civilians, how come they easily know how to export oil, they have enough weapon to withstand the MAIN country's military force known to the world as one of the best in Africa or are you truying to see it's because of the few barracks that Gaddaffi built in the other side of the country where he's hated for his tribe?  Just tell me, Do you think Libya truly have a reason to complain about Gaddaffi's 42 years rule?

ONE THING YOU CANNOT TAKE AWAY FROM GADDAFFI IS THE FACT THAT HE MADE HIS COUNTRY AND HIS PEOPLE LIVE LIKE KINGS AND QUEENS even in Africa known to be poor by the rest of the world, he made sure the lives of his citizens compete with that of the developed world.

So if they are living like kings why then are they fighting? Or could it be that only Gaddafi and his tribe are living like king while the rest starve? If all Liybans are living like king then everybody should be happy. Are u really serious? Who in his right mind stays in power for 42yrs? Is Gaddafi the only Libyan? Gaddafi is a murderer, an evil dictator, the USA did not start the revolt against Gaddafi, his own pple started it then he decided to crush everything that stands against him. Libyans finally summon courage to challenge him just like the Egyptains and Tunisains did and won.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 7:15pm On May 04, 2011
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by skelemba: 8:14pm On May 04, 2011
To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. spread the word, Tell your friends and family on twitter.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by morpheus24: 8:58pm On May 04, 2011
skelemba:

To know what's happening in your world, follow us @mypages10 on twitter. If you are not on twitter, stay abreast and get a free twitter account. www.twitter.com/mypages10.
Also get a chance to win free recharge cards on our weekly quiz. spread the word, Tell your friends and family on twitter.
Email us on mypages1.0@gmail.com for enquiry. The Weekly quiz holds every Sunday from 4pm-6pm.
Prize goes to the first correct answer via retweet.(Please do not send your answers via direct message) do let us know the mobile network you use alongside your answer when you are retweeting.
U can also say that '@mypages10 provides u with the latest tweets on what's happening around the globe so you can be sure to stay intouch with you world even as you tweet.
Please Note weekly quiz start from the 22nd of may 2011

My friend will you carry this spam comot for here. Na ya papa parlour be this!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by morpheus24: 9:10pm On May 04, 2011
cap28:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXVJSuh1W2Q[/flash]

Guy sounds like a broke azz PHD in African studies. His solutions are nonsensical plus whats up with the accent switch, "slaughtered", "British", "where are the bodies" How the hell can this guy be taken seriously, hahahahahaha!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by DeeJay20: 10:27pm On May 04, 2011
igbogolo:

Do you really know what no fly zone is?  For a no fly zone to be possible, Ghadaffis complete air defence/capability system has to be neutralised. You cannot expect to have a no fly zone with anti aircraft missiles churning rockets at domestic and military aircrafts. No fly zone is not a lip service declaration, it is a military operation!

Why is it that his closest allies deserted him after the war started? why did his daughter flee to spain? Gadaffi is not even loved by his people so why are you here crying over another persons headache?

NATO came in because AU was impotent. So stop complaining.

Oh what a pity, so even yourself does not know what a "No fly zone is" and to make matters worse you dont even
know that the USA is the Founders, leader and supplies 70% of the Military force of NATO, please stop displaying your ignorance here.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 10:49pm On May 04, 2011
morpheus24:

Guy sounds like a broke azz PHD in African studies. His solutions are nonsensical plus whats up with the accent switch, "slaughtered", "British", "where are the bodies" How the hell can this guy be taken seriously, hahahahahaha!

Can we have some solutions from you?

and whats wrong with his accent? he speaks with his natural american accent whereas you are an african man writing in fake ghetto american slang - are you having an identity crisis?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 10:50pm On May 04, 2011
DeeJay20:

Oh what a pity, so even yourself does not know what a "No fly zone is" and to make matters worse you dont even
know that the USA is the Founders, leader and supplies 70% of the Military force of NATO, please stop displaying your ignorance here.

grin grin grin grin grin
Deejay, how you dey?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 11:53pm On May 04, 2011
justwise:

So if they are living like kings why then are they fighting? Or could it be that only Gaddafi and his tribe are living like king while the rest starve? If all Liybans are living like king then everybody should be happy. Are u really serious? Who in his right mind stays in power for 42yrs? Is Gaddafi the only Libyan? Gaddafi is a murderer, an evil dictator, the USA did not start the revolt against Gaddafi, his own pple started it then he decided to crush everything that stands against him. Libyans finally summon courage to challenge him just like the Egyptains and Tunisains did and won.

You should try to educate yourself, not all Libyans can live as kings and queens, but MAJORITY of them did and still do, if you are to choose to either live in Nigeria or Libya, which are you going to choose? be sincere to your poor soul.

Educate yourself, go and look as the SOL of Libyans then compare with that of most western nations.

post your result here.

Thanks
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 12:24am On May 05, 2011
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 12:41am On May 05, 2011
10cirenoh:

You should try to educate yourself, not all Libyans can live as kings and queens, but MAJORITY of them did and still do, if[b] you are to choose to either live in Nigeria or Libya, which are you going to choose? be sincere to your poor soul.[/b]
Educate yourself, go and look as the SOL of Libyans then compare with that of most western nations.
post your result here.
Thanks

I will take Nigeria any day, anytime, if Libya is that gr8 as u painted it why then are they fighting? Gaddafi is Libya and Libya is Gaddafi, he owns the wealth and kill anybody that dare to speak out. Nigeria will never have a leader who stays in power to 42yrs, no Nigerian leader will dare do what Gaddafi is doing to his own pple. Libyans want to be free, they don't want to fed and forced to read the green book

I can't wait to see Gaddafi gone and Libyans will have the last laugh, just like Osama, his days will come and it may not take long
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 1:06am On May 05, 2011
^^^^^^

Now i see how bias and sentimental you are against Gaddaffi, show me where he maltreated his people, lets see if there won't be poor people in Libya again after he's gone. you obviously do not know anything about Libya and why they are fighting. go and ask the west why they came to cause problem where there was none.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 1:11am On May 05, 2011
10cirenoh:

^^^^^^

Now i see how bias and sentimental you are against Gaddaffi, show me where he maltreated his people, lets see if there won't be poor people in Libya again after he's gone. you obviously do not know anything about Libya and why they are fighting. go and ask the west why they came to cause problem where there was none.

So the WEST started the prob? Do you really want me to take anything u say seriously after that garbage? Do you know anything at all about the Libyan problem? So the WEST started it? How old are u if i may ask?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 5:33am On May 05, 2011
justwise:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFSR8UMjFRk&skipcontrinter=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV22rbo8Itw&feature=related

watch them again- none of those videos prove gadaafis army opened fire on protestors
the second video shows people running out of a burning building, these soo called peaceful protestors set fire to a government building. You go and try it in the US or UK and see what happens to you

Im guessing you also defend what happened in northern nigeria as 'peaceful protesting'?
justwise:

EXACTLY!!!! who exactly is fighting who! this is a civil war! the libyans are fighting each other! Most of them actually want gadaafi to remain in power! but of course sky news wont show you that! Or why do you think all this is happening NOW? how many libyans do you personally know?? how much suffering do you hear of?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 6:56am On May 05, 2011
queensmith:

watch them again- none of those videos prove gadaafis army opened fire on protestors
the second video shows people running out of a burning building, these soo called peaceful protestors set fire to a government building. You go and try it in the US or UK and see what happens to you

Im guessing you also defend what happened in northern nigeria as 'peaceful protesting'?
EXACTLY!!!! who exactly is fighting who! this is a civil war! the libyans are fighting each other! Most of them actually want gadaafi to remain in power! but of course sky news wont show you that! Or why do you think all this is happening NOW? how many libyans do you personally know?? how much suffering do you hear of?

If that happens in the UK the police will never open fire on the protesters, actaully during the student fees protest building were smashed, police attacked but no single police man open fire on anybody, don't compare UK to blood sucking Gaddafi.
I know that no matter how many clips of dead bodies i paste here some of u Gaddafi will still make some baseless arguments. Yes some want Gaddafi to stay and that is just very few, Skynews gives balanced coverage of the event unlike Gaddafi TV, what happened in northern Nigeria is just sad and the sooner some muslims stop behaving like wild animals the better for Nigeria.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by igbogolo: 7:55am On May 05, 2011
DeeJay20:

Since I dont know what a no fly zone is, can you kindly explain what it is?
For people like you who peddle untruth, a simple wikipedia post would suffice,

Initial NATO planning for a possible no-fly zone took place in late February and early March,[66] especially by NATO members France and the United Kingdom.[67] France and the United Kingdom were early supporters of a no-fly zone and have sufficient airpower to impose a no-fly zone over the rebel-held areas, although they might need additional assistance for a more extensive exclusion zone.
The U.S. has the air assets necessary to enforce a no-fly zone, but was cautious to support such an action prior to obtaining a legal basis for violating Libya's sovereignty. However, due to the sensitive nature of military action by the U.S. against an Arab nation, the U.S. has sought Arab participation in the enforcement of a no-fly zone.
At a congressional hearing, United States Secretary of Defense Robert Gates explained that "a no-fly zone begins with an attack on Libya to destroy the air defences , and then you can fly planes around the country and not worry about our guys being shot down. But that's the way it starts."[68]
On 19 March, the deployment of French fighter jets over Libya began,[14] and other states began their individual operations. Phase One started the same day with the involvement of the United States, United Kingdom, France, Italy and Canada.[69]
On 24 March, NATO ambassadors agreed that NATO will take command of the no-fly zone enforcement, while other military operations remained the responsibility of the group of states previously involved, with NATO expected to take control as early as 26 March.[70] The decision was made after meetings of NATO members to resolve disagreements over whether military operations in Libya should include attacks on ground forces.[70] The decision will create a two-level power structure overseeing military operations. In charge politically will be a committee, led by NATO, that includes all states participating in enforcing the no-fly zone, while NATO alone will be responsible for military action.[71] Lieutenant General Charles Bouchard has been appointed to command the NATO military mission

For emphasis, for those of you that call USA names, its the British and French than championed this NATO libyan aggression.
Again,

Forces committed are:

orces committed
These are the forces committed in alphabetical order.
Belgium: Six F-16 Falcon fighter jets of the Belgian Air Component are stationed at Araxos, Greece, and flew their first mission in the afternoon of 21 March.[79] They are monitoring the no-fly zone and have successfully attacked ground targets with no collateral damage on 27 March, as reported by the Belgian Ministry of Defence.[80] The Belgian Naval Component minehunter BNS Narcis is assisting in the naval blockade.
Bulgaria: The Bulgarian Navy Wielingen class frigate Drazki will participate in the naval blockade, along with a number of "special naval forces", two medical teams and other humanitarian help.[81][82][83] The frigate is scheduled to leave port on 27 April and arrive off the coast of Libya on 2 May, where it will patrol for one month before returning to Bulgaria.[84]
Canada: Canadian Forces Air Command has deployed seven (6 front line, 1 reserve) CF-18 fighter jets, two CC-150 Polaris refuelling aircraft, two CC-177 Globemaster III heavy transports, two CC-130J Super Hercules tactical transports, and two CP-140 Aurora maritime patrol aircraft. In total 440 military personnel as well as the Halifax-class frigate HMCS Charlottetown are participating in operations.[85][86][87][88] There are reports that there are members of JTF2 working with Britain’s SAS and SBS on the ground in Libya.[89]
Denmark: The Royal Danish Air Force is participating with six F-16AM fighters, one C-130J-30 Super Hercules military transport plane and the corresponding ground crews. Only four F-16s will be used for offensive operations, while the remaining two will act as reserves.[90] The first airstrikes from Danish aircraft were carried out on March 23, with four aircraft making twelve sorties as part of Operation Odyssey Dawn.[75]
France: French Air Force which realizes 25% of NATO's strikes is participating in the mission with 51 Mirage and Rafale Aircraft. In addition, the French Navy anti-air destroyer Forbin and the frigate Jean Bart are participating in the operations. [91] On 22 March, the aircraft carrier Charles de Gaulle was sent to be positioned in international waters near Crete to provide military planners with a rapid-response air combat capability.[92] Accompanying the Charles de Gaulle are the frigates Dupleix, Aconit, the fleet replenishment tanker Meuse and one nuclear attack submarines SNA[93] France will also station three Mirage-2000 aircraft at Souda Bay, Crete.[94]
Greece: The Elli-class frigate Limnos of the Hellenic Navy is currently in the waters off Libya as part of the naval blockade.[95] The Hellenic Air Force provides Super Puma search-and-rescue helicopters and an Embraer 145 AEW&C airborne radar plane.[94][96][97][98]
Italy: Four Tornado ECRs of the Italian Air Force participated in SEAD operations, supported by two Tornado IDS variants in an air-to-air refuelling role and four F-16 ADF fighters as escort.[99] As of 24 March, the Italian Navy is engaged in Operation Unified Protector with the light aircraft carrier Garibaldi, the Maestrale-class frigate Libeccio and the Etna-class auxiliary ship Etna.[100] Additionally the Horizon-class frigate Andrea Doria and Maestrale-class frigate Euro are patrolling off the Sicilian coast in an air-defence role.[101][102]
Jordan: Six Royal Jordanian Air Force fighter jets landed at a coalition airbase in Europe on 4 April to provide "logistical support" and act as an escort for Jordanian transport aircraft using the humanitarian corridor to deliver aid and supplies to opposition-held Cyrenaica, according to Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh. He did not specify the type of aircraft or what specific roles they may be called upon to perform, though he said they were not intended for combat.[103]
NATO: E-3 airborne early warning and control (AWACS) aircraft operated by NATO and crewed by member states help monitor airspace over the Mediterranean and in Libya.[104]
Netherlands: The Royal Netherlands Air Force provides six F-16AM fighters and a KDC-10 refuelling plane. These aircraft are stationed at the Decimomannu Air Base on Sardinia. Four F-16s are flying patrols over Libya, while the other two are being kept in reserve.[105] Additionally, the Royal Netherlands Navy has deployed the Tripartite-class minehunter HNLMS Haarlem to assist in enforcing the weapons embargo.[106]
Norway: The Royal Norwegian Air Force has deployed six F-16AM fighters to Souda Bay Air Base.[76][77][107] On March 24, the Norwegian F16s were assigned to the US North African command and Operation Odyssey Dawn. A number of the aircraft have participated in operations over Libya.[76][77] Prime minister Jens Stoltenberg also stated that Norway will participate in the humanitarian aid to follow.[108]
Qatar: The Qatar Armed Forces are contributing six Mirage 2000-5EDA fighter jets and two C-17 strategic transport aircraft to coalition no-fly zone enforcement efforts.[109] The Qatari aircraft are stationed in Crete.[92]
Romania: The Romanian Naval Forces will participate in the naval blockade with the frigate Regele Ferdinand.[110]
Spain: The Spanish Armed Forces are participating with four F-18 fighters, a Boeing 707-331B(KC) tanker aircraft, the Álvaro de Bazán-class frigate Méndez Núñez, the submarine Tramontana and one CN-235 MPA maritime surveillance plane.[111]
Sweden: The Royal Swedish Air Force will commit eight JAS 39 Gripen jets for the international air campaign after being asked by NATO to take part in the operations on 28 March.[112][113] Sweden will also send a Saab 340 AEW&C for airborne early warning and control and a C-130 Hercules for aerial refueling.[114] In a recent poll some 65 percent of Swedes want their state to take part in the international air campaign to enforce a no-fly zone over Libya.[115] Seven of Sweden’s eight parliament parties are in favour of contributing Swedish military assets to the no-fly zone.[116] Sweden is the only country neither a member of NATO nor the Arab League participating in the no-fly zone.
Turkey: The Turkish Navy will participate with five ships and one submarine in the NATO-led naval blockade to enforce the arms embargo. It is additionally providing six F-16 Fighting Falcon jets for aerial operations.[117] On 24 March, Turkey's parliament approved Turkish participation in military operations in Libya, including enforcing the NFZ in Libya.[118]
United Arab Emirates: On 24 March, the United Arab Emirates Air Force sent six F-16 Falcon and six Mirage 2000 fighter jets to join the mission. The planes are based at the Italian airbase at Decimomannu, Sardinia.[119][120]
United Kingdom: The United Kingdom has deployed vessels such as the Royal Navy frigates HMS Westminster (F237) and HMS Cumberland (F85), nuclear attack submarines HMS Triumph (S93) and HMS Turbulent (S87), the destroyer HMS Liverpool (D92) and the mine countermeasure vessel HMS Brocklesby (M33).[121] The Royal Air Force has 12 Tornado and 10 Typhoon fighters operating initially from Great Britain, now forward deployed to the Italian base at Gioia del Colle. Surveillance aircraft such as the Nimrod R1 and Sentinel R1 are forward deployed to RAF Akrotiri in support of the action. In addition the RAF have deployed a number of other support aircraft such as the Sentry AEW.1 AWACS aircraft, VC10 and TriStar K1 air-to-air refuelling tankers. According to anonymous sources, members of the SAS, SRR and SBS help to coordinate the air strikes on the ground in Libya.[122][123][124]
United States: The United States has deployed a naval force of 11 ships, including the amphibious assault ship USS Kearsarge, the amphibious transport dock USS Ponce, the guided-missile destroyers USS Barry and USS Stout, the nuclear attack submarines USS Providence and USS Scranton, the cruise missile submarine USS Florida and the amphibious command ship USS Mount Whitney.[125][126][127] Additionally, A-10 ground-attack aircraft, B-2 stealth bombers, AV-8B Harrier II jump-jets, EA-18 electronic warfare aircraft, and both F-15 and F-16 fighters have been involved in action over Libya.[128] U-2 reconnaissance aircraft are stationed on Cyprus.[129] On 18 March, two AC-130Us arrived at RAF Mildenhall as well as additional tanker aircraft.[citation needed] On 24 March 2 E-8Cs operated from Naval Station Rota Spain, which indicates an increase of ground attacks.[citation needed] An undisclosed number of CIA operatives are said to be in Libya to gather intelligence for airstrikes and make contacts with rebels.[130] The U.S. also began using MQ-1 Predator UAVs to strike targets in Libya on 23 April

[size=16pt]So please where did you get the info that america supplied 70% of the military hardware? Where did you get the info? [/size]
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by queensmith: 10:40am On May 05, 2011
^^ you know what, I'm not going to continue arguing with you because it isnt going to change anything- All those who tried to promote change and expose the western governments of imperialism ended up dead or ended up surrendering. If they died for the likes of yourself, they truly wasted all thier time!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 11:32am On May 05, 2011
queensmith:

^^ you know what, I'm not going to continue arguing with you because it isnt going to change anything- All those who tried to promote change and expose the western governments of imperialism ended up dead or ended up surrendering. If they died for the likes of yourself, they truly wasted all thier time!

The West is not our problem, we Africans are the problem, some of u supporting murderers are far too wicked, only in Africa u see a leader staying in power for life and ready to kill anybody that stands on his way THEN blame the WEST.

Like i said b4, Gaddafi's time will come, very soon Liybans will live happily without that blood sucking dictator.

Some of u are quite happy to seat and watch those dictators murder their own pple with impunity, the lives of innocent Libyans means nothing to u but when it comes to Gaddafi's children everyone of you is sweating blood. Wicked souls.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 12:02pm On May 05, 2011
justwise:

So the WEST started the prob? Do you really want me to take anything u say seriously after that garbage? Do you know anything at all about the Libyan problem? So the WEST started it? How old are u if i may ask?

I have tried to be very reasonable with you, but it seems you just love to type, i asked you series of questions, but you have refused to answer just one of them, Now let me put it back to you :

No fly zone was imposed by who?
most of the sophisticated weapons used by the "militants/rebels" were supplied by who?

You clearly do not know anything about Libya and why they are fighting, i suggest you go back to google, search and study about the complexity of the Libyan people and country, it sure might help you.

You asked if they were living well, why then are they fighting, i told you to ask the west who supplied the rebels weapons to kill their own people and to destroy their own country.

Let me give you a tip :

Oil
foreign investors/interest
Ethnic hatred/divide
Dictatorship
Bullying/oppression/Anger.

These are the 5 major front running issues they are facing right now, so you should be able to detect why the Libyan people are fighting and killing eachother with the aid of the western interest.

Can you name 1 or 2 major internal crisis under Gaddaffi since he's been there for 42yrs now?
Can you also show us if Gaddaffi has any previous and historical human right abuse record on his people?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by DeeJay20: 12:05pm On May 05, 2011
cap28:

grin grin grin grin grin
Deejay, how you dey?

I dey fine CAP28. I just chillin and observitlyng peoples post on Nairaland, and watching as
2011 unfolds, i can see you are still fighting the good fight of disconstructing lies and myths
and putting ignorant nairalanders to shame, keep up the good work! i shall be posting shortly.

I just read on yahoo news that some americans are skeptical that the US Govt killed Bin Laden lol!!!
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 12:10pm On May 05, 2011
DeeJay20:

I dey fine CAP28. I just chillin and observitlyng peoples post on Nairaland, and watching as
2011 unfolds, i can see you are still fighting the good fight of disconstructing lies and myths
and putting ignorant nairalanders to shame, keep up the good work! i shall be posting shortly.

I just read on yahoo news that some americans are skeptical that the US Govt killed Bin Laden lol!!!

If u really believed that ur leader Osama is still alive then i feel sorry for ur mental make up.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by justwise(m): 12:20pm On May 05, 2011
Some of the questions u keep repeating over and over again have been answered here many times but as usual, some of u have been brainwashed to hate anything WEST from birth, so there is nothing anybody will say that u will ring bell. You will never get it and its pointless trying to point things out for u. Even if i open your skull and buried all the facts u will still think like a fanatic

10cirenoh:

I have tried to be very reasonable with you, but it seems you just love to type, i asked you series of questions, but you have refused to answer just one of them, Now let me put it back to you :

most of the sophisticated weapons used by the "militants/rebels" were supplied by who?

You clearly do not know anything about Libya and why they are fighting, i suggest you go back to google, search and study about the complexity of the Libyan people and country, it sure might help you.

You asked if they were living well, why then are they fighting, i told you to ask the west who supplied the rebels weapons to kill their own people and to destroy their own country.

Let me give you a tip :

Oil
Ethnic hatred/divide
Dictatorship

These are the 5 major front running issues they are facing right now, so you should be able to detect why the Libyan people are fighting and killing eachother with the aid of the western interest.

Can you name 1 or 2 major internal crisis under Gaddaffi since he's been there for 42yrs now?
Can you also show us if Gaddaffi has any previous and historical human right abuse record on his people?

Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 12:43pm On May 05, 2011
10cirenoh:

Let me give you a tip :

Oil
Ethnic hatred/divide
Dictatorship

very true, the main opposition group which has been trying to get rid of Gadaffi for years has been funded, trained and supplied with weapons by the US and british intelligence services, this has been going on since the 1980s, and in 1996 one particular group were paid by british intelligence (MI6) to assassinate Gadaffi, they tried and obviously failed.

here is one of these traitors in an interview where he tries to force his lies and distortions down the throat of a guest on the show, you can see how his greedy mind is focused on getting his hands on libya's oil revenue and you can also see how violently he reacts when the other guest disagrees with him, imagine a man like this with power, its not worth even thinking about:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tar82bb60v4[/flash]
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 12:59pm On May 05, 2011
DeeJay20:

bro, i just read this excerpt this morning from an internet blog, the link is attached:

Top US government insider Dr. Steve R. Pieczenik, a man who held numerous different influential positions under three different Presidents and still works with the Defense Department, shockingly told The Alex Jones Show yesterday that Osama Bin Laden died in 2001 and that he was prepared to testify in front of a grand jury how a top general told him directly that 9/11 was a false flag inside job.

Pieczenik cannot be dismissed as a “conspiracy theorist”. He served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under three different administrations, Nixon, Ford and Carter, while also working under Reagan and Bush senior, and still works as a consultant for the Department of Defense. A former US Navy Captain, Pieczenik achieved two prestigious Harry C. Solomon Awards at the Harvard Medical School as he simultaneously completed a PhD at MIT.

http://landdestroyer..com/

Part 1 of the interview starts here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xj0pM5FoYbs&feature=related
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by Ifebazz(m): 1:02pm On May 05, 2011
hope all pro ghadafi activist on dis forumn still have in dia short memories dat dis same ghadafi was not too long ago as au leader, suing for a USA (utd sate of africa) of which he wanted to be de head.
Perharps, if his wishes were granted maybe we'd all be ruled by him 4 de nxt 30yrs of his remainin miserable life.
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by cap28: 2:25pm On May 05, 2011
An ordinary american slams the western media coverage of the war in libya and the ongoing mayhem:

[flash=300,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqkcCVNasf8[/flash]
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by 10cirenoh: 4:18pm On May 05, 2011
justwise:

Some of the questions u keep repeating over and over again have been answered here many times but as usual, some of u have been brainwashed to hate anything WEST from birth, so there is nothing anybody will say that u will ring bell. You will never get it and its pointless trying to point things out for u. Even if i open your skull and buried all the facts u will still think like a fantic

Too bad you are one of those people, should have known since, so because i don't lick azz, i am automatically a west hater? I repeated the questions because you haven't answered nada from my questions. Well you said some of my questions were repeated by me, what about the rest that weren't repeated, where are the answers to these ones?

You haven't made any point since you've been typing, NOW TELL ME, what point are you trying to make?
Re: Gaddafi's youngest son and 3 grandchildren killed in NATO air strike by morpheus24: 4:25pm On May 05, 2011
cap28:

Can we have some solutions from you?

and whats wrong with his accent? he speaks with his natural american accent whereas you are an african man writing in fake ghetto american slang - are you having an identity crisis?

Nope! just pointing out what academic relevance the broke azz professor is trying to convey by mocking a libyan accent.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

French President's Camel Killed And Eaten In Mali / Court Jails Guatemalan Ex-President Otto Perez & His VP Roxana Baldetti / Czech President Impeached For State Pardon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.