Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? (40397 Views)

My Girlfriend Broke My Heart Because I Want To Follow My Dreams-pls Advise / This Girl I Follow On Instagram Killed Someone Today / How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by tayooluwole: 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:
My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.
she said i should marry a man that we will both start our life from the foundation, according to my mum, she said it is better to suffer with man to acquire wealth, than to go for a ready made soup.

Looking at the way things are going now, do you think a woman will now stoop so low and marry a poor man that is trying to make ends meet? Although, money is not love, but why would a parent wish her daughter to marry a poor man, i am begining to see my mum as a bad mother who does'nt wish me well.
Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.

Madam mind your language. Which one is stoop so low,,,and so a rich man should stoop so low to marry omo oju ko ri ola ri like u
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Zzyy(m): 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
Ma lo Fe broke nigga fight for your life
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2021
Your mother has spoken.

Left to you, what would be your choice? And remember, we can't pretend like hypergamy isn't real on this side of the map too.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by emonis88: 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2021
Well! Make me give u small bread make u chop, na bread o! No be cake, ehn! U see when a man is already made n rich, he il still see u as an asset he got with his money, n he is right, if he didn't spend that much money on u ,u wouldn't see him as being able to marry u, n as he treats his asset dat continues to make him spend money, e.g a faulty car, a building dat brings in low income n collects more in repairs, he il sell dat property lickkry slip. N count his loses. But A man who has an asset dat is Valuable to him he il take care of it, then talkless of a woman who built with him , she adds value to him, he il always respect dat woman, even if he f*cks up in one way or another he il not want d wife to know , but if he knows il ask for forgiveness. The rich man won't o! U can go, his money il always buy another woman. Cake dey sweet o! But e fit run bell !
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Funkybabee(f): 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2021
So sorry sister, your mother concludes that because of her Pat old age experience, she doesn't know that men of nowadays are different from then and that poverty is not a thing we can wish our enemy.

Sit her down, give her some examples of things and let hear her word

Take for instance if your enemy die true child birth because of the lack of money for surgery or if there's something that happened that require money but no help from your soul called partner or if at all you did not even leave that poverty state unkor.

Aunty, say different different things and listen to her opinion.

But I think there must be something your mother see in you that made her to said that word to you, Are you greedy or lazy. Do you look after richmen alone, have you ever date an avertman or poor man.
What's your view concerning building relationships with an average man, we need to know all this too

May the Lord be with us
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by peedeeasobie(m): 10:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:
My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.
she said i should marry a man that we will both start our life from the foundation, according to my mum, she said it is better to suffer with man to acquire wealth, than to go for a ready made soup.

Looking at the way things are going now, do you think a woman will now stoop so low and marry a poor man that is trying to make ends meet? Although, money is not love, but why would a parent wish her daughter to marry a poor man, i am begining to see my mum as a bad mother who does'nt wish me well.
Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.

You are just an attention seeker
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by 2020achile(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
erinatso:
Aunty with due respest pls permit me to tel u that u r mad. If nt dat u ar my senior i for tel u say u no get sense
u get mind tel us say ur mum no like u
....... with due respest pls permiy me to u that you be badoo
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by SUGARCyprian247: 10:09pm On Jun 07, 2021
Very soon you won't even see husband any more..

Not of talk of Rich or Poor man

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Munzy14(m): 10:10pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Them say follow who know road, person weh know road don tell u where to and how to step into the stream, to avoid getting drowned, but ur mind deh where dangote and otedola league deh...Continue you hear..Them no deh telli person....

Some wome and confusion sef...cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Gjmff: 10:11pm On Jun 07, 2021
Go get a job or be treated like thrash in a rich man home
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Omolola! Omolola!! Omolola!!!

Ee melo ni mo pe e?

Gboro si iya to bi e lomo lenu o.

Your mother is better positioned to advice you.

Listen to her.

Bi omode ba laso ju agba lo, ko le l'akisa to agba.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by oluspicy: 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
erinatso:
Aunty with due respest pls permit me to tel u that u r mad. If nt dat u ar my senior i for tel u say u no get sense
u get mind tel us say ur mum no like u

This comment is something else. shocked shocked shocked

This is why one shouldn't bring his or her issues onto a public forum.

It is well. sad
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by kevotek1000(m): 10:44pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

i am not a comfortable woman, that is why i dont feel it is right to marry a struggling man, i am not after money anyway..

What are you after then ?
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Gambo004: 10:48pm On Jun 07, 2021
My sister, listen carefully: pls I beg u do not subject your kids to poverty, people here will tell u to start with a poor man but they will never wish that on their sister. The way Nigeria is going is so alarming that you have to make that sacrifice for your kids. Do not let no man tell u otherwise. Marry a rich man just for ur kids pls�

2 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
You are fvcking child and have a lot of growing up to do. Fvck you for calling your mom a bad woman

PS. You said your mom advised you, did she pray for you to get married to a poor man. Is an advise a commandment ?.

Can you see that you bimbo whose clearly moving mad

omolola100:

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by dochenaj: 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Your mother is wise, and does have a point. But finances should never be the premise for choosing a life partner. That is the moral of the story.

I actually will prefer a man who is not very well to do yet, but has prospects, to a rich man for my daughter. Lest he finds himself thinking, she married him because of his money.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by KoshCAD: 10:58pm On Jun 07, 2021
emorse:

If you were a rich man, would you marry this present you?
Good question
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by BarrElChapo(m): 11:01pm On Jun 07, 2021
You are fvcking child and have a lot of growing up to do. Fvck you for calling your mom a bad woman.

PS. You said your mom advised you, did she pray for you to get married to a poor man. Is an advise a commandment ?.

Can you see that you bimbo whose clearly moving mad

omolola100:

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by elmagnifico411(m): 11:04pm On Jun 07, 2021
Your mom isn't a bad woman, you are the bad child. From what you wrote there, your mom didn't advice you marry a poor man. She only asked u to marry one that you'd both lay foundations to a wealthy life together. That's a mother that wants the best for a child, but u, youre looking for ready made soup which could in turn burn your tongue. Find a good man who's hardworking and has a tomorrow in sight.. mtcheww I no wan talk again not.. your mind is made up. Sha make your mom proud.
omolola100:

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by jaxxy(m): 11:06pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

Do u know many rich men were once poor? Not all were born with golden spoons so thst said what makes u think the poor man u meet can't be rich 2moro?

What do u look at? What traits and characteristics? Not every poor person u should mingle with his sm don't know what they are doing bt some also do and are on a journey to Gold. Don't despise days of low/little beginnings.

Many gals that want to marry rich ready made guys now are marrying yahoo boys. Desperate people must locate themselves.

Finally do u know u can be rich urself and not waiting for a rich husband??
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Jazmiynne: 11:07pm On Jun 07, 2021
omolola100:

I think both you and your mum need to understand that life isn't black and white. That you "suffer with man to acquire wealth" doesn't mean he'd treat you right or that the marriage will be successful; neither does "readymade soup" also mean that the marriage would fail.

Just marry who will do this life with you in partnership and mutual understanding. If there has to be a binary for marriage, it shouldn't be Rich Vs Poor. Rather let's do the binary as Happy vs Unhappy.
And Happy is very sweet I tell you, make sure you don't miss it. kiss

You better don't waste your suffering today simply because you believe it will bring enjoyment tomorrow. What if you're not even alive tomorrow Much more common, what if he acquires the wealth and decides not to care about the suffering you have invested? undecided
At the same time don't stress yourself looking for "readymade soup" at the expense of happiness, because what is money without the freedom of a happy heart

Shey you get? If you marry your person, you're going to enjoy every moment spent together. Like, the life isn't guaranteed, why won't you just enjoy every moment doing what you're truly happy doing and with whom you're truly happy partnering?

If the person that makes you happy is rich, marry and don't send anybody that wants to say you went for "readymade soup". If the person is poor, marry and don't look for anybody to praise you for "suffering with man".

In my heart I feel like the OP just opened this topic for typing sake. But you that you're reading, in case you're thinking about it, you better make a decision that you will start enjoying Now in whatever meaning enjoyment holds for you.

All these people on these thread, please dears, Nigeria is stressful already and so life doesn't have to be Suffer-head Olympics. People FALL IN LOVE with rich men and women. That a person's partner is rich doesn't make them unlovable. Stop guilt tripping people for choosing their own choices. Suffer-head doesn't automatically equal to love.

Again, if you marry and you can't randomly stare into space thinking to yourself "Omo! I won in this life o!" or have mind pop-ups in your head like "The best thing about being married to my partner is: BEING MARRIED TO MY PARTNER..."
Wow! I tell you, you don miss! grin
Try not to miss. wink
Try de enjoy, love and life na for enjoyment.

Thanks for coming to my TEDTalk. cool

2 Likes

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by TJMighty(m): 11:08pm On Jun 07, 2021
Your Mum is being realistic with you and she's a very good mother. 95% of rich and ready made men will never respect you, they'll rather see you as an opportunist who don't have a say in whatever they do. Another thing is richness comes from the heart(mindset).
Mind you I'm not saying you should go for a poverty stinking man but don't be deceived by riches as nobody knows tomorrow and no condition is permanent.
I believe your Mother knows you well to have given you that kind of advice that will suit you.
My Take: go for a hard-working young guy who has prospects, loves you for real and would make you happy..
All the best kiss
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by benji93: 11:18pm On Jun 07, 2021
Why that may be so, experience they say is the best teacher. She looks back and realized her choice wasn't wrong, even though she could have acted differently granted she had options. One thing is for sure from the bolded, you still have a lot to learn in life. For some of the things you do in life, you may never live to realize it was the right choice, for some you only find out how appropriate that choice in your old age, which means that for these things only a lifetime of experience can judge if they were right or not. You then pass your experience to the younger ones. Besides when an elderly person tells you something you may need to interprete it using today's concept. For example some of the occupations that guarantee you a comfortable life sometime in the past may guarantee a penurious life today, and so on and so forth.
Tony142:

By the time your mother get to old age and u are unable to take good care of her, and she ask u, why are u not sending me money, tell her that the poor man she ask u to marry have not even being able to take care of you not to talk of you having money to send her cheesy

Your mother says that if u want to have peace of mind u should marry a struggling man, that means she is indirectly saying that All poor men gives women peace of mind, while All rich men treat women like trash? That is a wrong generalization

So, never see poor man when dey beat woman abi? There is one poor man close to my house na almost everyday he dey beat his wife, so saying all struggling men give their wife peace of mind is not true

Seeing a rich man to marry is hard, but If u see a rich man that respect you for who you are, marry him

rich guys are few, the probability of u marry a rich guy is very slim, but if u did not see a rich guy u can still marry a man that is comfortable, even if he is not rich atleast he can take good care of a family and support him to grow

Before I go, let me let you know this

The reason your mother marry your father is not because of love, but because she have no other options, if your mother was able to see a rich man to marry when she was dating your father, trust me she for dump your father for the rich man lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 11:19pm On Jun 07, 2021
UwaMmebii:

I concur with ur aforementioned but[b] how much can a man have to be considered RICH?[/b]

Being rich is not by having alot of money but by having a lot of asset worth millions and billions of naira

What is an asset?....it is anything that put money in your pocket, for example if u build a house and you become a landlord, and u decided to rent the house to tenant, at the end of each year your tenant will be paying house rent to you, so u can see you have used your asset(house) to put money in your pocket(the money from house rent) , so for this reason we can say that a house is an asset

If u have a company and the company makes u millions of naira every month, that company is an asset

Asset and investment are similar

Guess what? In terms of money there are people in Nigeria who have more money than dangote, but yet dangote is still the richest man in Africa. Why?...because he have a lot of investment worth billions of dollar

If I have 50million naira and you have an investment worth 50million naira, you are richer than me, why?...it is because wealth is not counted by how much u have but how much your investment is worth

If u have billions of dollar your name will not still be on Forbes list, why?...because forbes will use the amount of investment and asset you have to rank you and not the amount of money u have

Here is the reason why wealth is measured by asset and not by cash

Money can disappear anytime but asset can not disappear , for example if your have a lot of houses even if your father died his children can inherit to houses and rent then out to make money, but if it is cash, u can spend it anyhow, b4 u will know the money have finished but if it is an investment it will always be there for your children to inherit

Note: jobs can not make you rich except if u are a footballer

To be consider rich you most have atleast a car, a house and alot of investment or assets that makes you millions of naira every month , if your assets makes you millions every month then you are rich, but if your assets makes you billions every month then you are wealthy, millionaires are rich, while billionaires
are wealthy cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 11:34pm On Jun 07, 2021
benji93:
Why that may be so, experience they say is the best teacher. She looks back and realized her choice wasn't wrong, even though she could have acted differently granted she had options. One thing is for sure from the bolded, you still have a lot to learn in life. For some of the things you do in life, you may never live to realize it was the right choice, for some you only find out how appropriate that choice in your old age, which means that for these things only a lifetime of experience can judge
if they were right or not. You then pass your experience to the younger ones. Besides when an elderly person tells you something you may need to interprete it using today's concept. For example some of the occupations that guarantee you a comfortable life sometime in the past may guarantee a penurious life today, and so on and so forth.

I do not like talking too much, just go and give her mother 50 million naira, if she reject it call me bastard, she will even start calling you my in-law lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 11:39pm On Jun 07, 2021
bepositive11:

Finally, a sensible comment.

OP, you're getting most comments [b]from broke men and bitter women [/b]who couldn't find rich or comfortable men themselves.

Not all broke men are good and not all rich men are bad.

If you find a rich or comfortable man who respects you and treats you well, go for him. But be very careful when choosing who to marry.

You are right, most of the men attacking her for not wanting a struggling man are broke, the funny part is that this broke men will not want another broke men to marry their sister, but yet they are insulting the OPs because she want a rich man, just like the way their sisters want a rich man too lipsrsealed

Poverty have a way of making poor people have a poor mindset

That her mother that is advising her not to marry a rich man enh, just dash her 20million naira and she will start calling you my in-law grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Hotguy27: 11:41pm On Jun 07, 2021
My advice to you is simple. Just review your mum's life and make a choice.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by RPG2020(m): 11:52pm On Jun 07, 2021
Lilpen3758:
abeg link me na scammers I don dey jam abeg

Keep trying if you never fail you ain't even start

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Test Of Sexual Capability Before Marriage Leads To Marital Crisis / Your Breakup Experiences With Someone You Really Loved?? / My Pre-wedding Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.