Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,297 members, 7,829,689 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? (40451 Views)

My Girlfriend Broke My Heart Because I Want To Follow My Dreams-pls Advise / This Girl I Follow On Instagram Killed Someone Today / How Can I Use Tact To Follow My Student(s) Who Is Into Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by tunize(m): 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2021
Lilpen3758:
Sister no listen to your mother because things has changed.......you think say poverty sweet?? you think say if i be woman dey way i broke now i for no start ashawo work??
you think say to dey poor for nigeria deh easy??
Men dey do ashawo work now abi you nor know dem fit just glass you mke women come select or you fit even officially start am other men wen get interest go follow suit
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Wowww. Are you a man?? ?? ?? And it seems you're a follower sef. Kaiiiiii. I don't think that's coincidental, but this comment is tooo much!!!! I wanna like it a million times.

"Everything is not about money bleh bleh bleh." What exactly do they want women to marry "poor men" for if they say true love isn't real? These people are fking hypocrites and I've learnt that they are cool with some things if it's coming from their mouths. The moment a woman accept their narration, take it in and turn around to say if for herself, they start foaming from their mouths.

These people have said women don't love; even men don't love (as per the logical creatures); I know so many redpillers that have told me that marriage is a business contract to them and that love is a scam and allllll sorts. So if love isn't real, what exactly is the blackmail and tears for? If poor man na rich man no fit love, why not a calculative woman go for the best option that'll bring her more advantages in a business deal??

Clowns shooting themselves in the foot.

The same way nobody is going to marry us non-virgins. Abi? cry Let's just make the best of our situations. Teinz.

Lol, sure, I am a man, young man actually, I am a strong redpiller too, but those guys attacking her of wanting to marry a rich guy are insulting her not because they care but because they themselves are broke, so saying you want only a rich man is an insult to them(broke guys) and they will do all dey can to insult you grin

Those broke guys insulting her will not even allow their sister marry their fellow broke men lipsrsealed

According to redpill women are hypergamous in nature, so wanting a rich guy is definitely one of their trait, who no like better thing? lipsrsealed

Lol, iLegendd is not a poor man o, he is a millionaire, he only made that comment just for fun, he is a rich guy, but he is only into virgin, he is my boss, if u are a virgin send me your CV let me link you to him grin

But unfortunately you are not #smile
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by NeeKlaus: 2:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
mayberry1:

You came on so hard on my gender... smiley
Mistake most parents make is focusing on the male child to be independent and self reliant while lowering the bar for the female child. I believe as an individual(s/he), your goal should be how to be independent in life. I for one cringe whenever I hear ladies wishing hard to marry a rich man like money is gender based(there's nothing as sweet as working hard for your money).
People forget the law of reciprocity when it comes to good deeds, lots of women want to enjoy being showered with gifts and all the good things of life thereby forgetting to reciprocate quarter of what they get, I believe that stems from the environment they were raised, lots of folks are self-centred and only care about themselves. It all boils down to orientation and upbringing . Nobody deserves a tight-fisted, self-centred egocentric partner.
You encouched everything beautifully and as rational as could be.

People disregard the act of reciprocity in relationships these days. For most people, it's always about what they can get and not what they will give, abandoning the whole essence of relationships in the first place - companionship and sacrifice.

I won't be bias; both genders are guilty of it. While the males are usually after sexual gratification without actually loving truly, the females desire financial upliftment. As long as the guy can shower them with gifts, take them on trips and fund their faux lifestyles, they are content till they find a richer guy who will take over from where the former left off.

But it's not meant to be so. Relationships should be anything but selfish else, it turns into something very toxic. I already replied the OP in the first page and it's shameful that most women still proudly have that mindset. The Nigerian environment contributes to this anyway, so I am not surprised.

I like your thought process. Seems like you are capable of intellectually stimulating convos.
Are you single? kiss
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2021
Kingosytex:

Una double standard no get part two, i swear!!
She needs a rich man. What makes you think the rich man will need a broke girl?

A man's wealth is his money, while a woman's wealth is her beauty

If you are a broke girl from a poor home, but you are extremely beautiful, when I mean extremely beautiful I mean atleast 90% beautiful your chances of getting a rich man is high, all you need is to hang out in areas when rich guys like going to and sooner or later some of them will notice u
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Lilpen3758: 3:49pm On Jun 08, 2021
tunize:

Men dey do ashawo work now abi you nor know dem fit just glass you mke women come select or you fit even officially start am other men wen get interest go follow suit
And dey business go move ooh grin grin
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by emmaodet: 3:59pm On Jun 08, 2021
mayberry1:

You made some valid points but I beg to differ on some;
What's your yardstick for going into a relationship with the opposite sex, that would define if it's going to be meaningful or not. I'd use myself as an example, the least thing that'll make me date a man is his looks or how buoyant he is. If a man is intellectually and morally bankrupt, bereft of principles in life then it's a 'no' for me because I can't date a man who's not on same page with me.
I will admonish men to look beyond beauty and focus on important things when searching for a partner.
You mentioned men dating governors daughters and be of best behaviour cause of what they stand to lose if they act otherwise...lol, you haven't seen men who do and jeopardise everything still.
Anything built on material benefits will never stand the test of time when life happens to one person(life will always happen to us in different ways). So try not to lower the bar when getting into a relationship, there are intelligent women who would help you grow in all facets of your existence, they are out there you just haven't looked within.
Bye too....lol

You made some valid points but I beg to differ on some - It's okay. We can always agree to disagree.

What's your yardstick for going into a relationship with the opposite sex - Naturally, it should be love, faithfulness, commitment, endurance, hard-work but it seems nowadays, these are what are only expected from men and not from both anymore. The moment a man runs out of money, divorce or breaking of relationship by women surfaces in the horizon. It seems there is no penalty or shaming tactics put in place to discourage such act. You will start experiencing a cold relationship, frictions, reduction or total absence of sex etc and the woman can decide to cut short the relationship/marriage without any uproar or raise of eye brow.

I'd use myself as an example - ok

the least thing that'll make me date a man is his looks or how buoyant he is. If a man is intellectually and morally bankrupt, bereft of principles in life then it's a 'no' for me because I can't date a man who's not on same page with me.
I will admonish men to look beyond beauty and focus on important things when searching for a partner.
- You are right.

You mentioned men dating governors daughters and be of best behaviour cause of what they stand to lose if they act otherwise...lol, you haven't seen men who do and jeopardise everything still - That is reason i said unless something is wrong with such men. A man with a properly screwed head on his neck won't do that.

Anything built on material benefits will never stand the test of time when life happens to one person(life will always happen to us in different ways). - You are right but it is so unfortunate that most women nowadays enter relationship because of what they can get and not entering with ''sense of duty'' Go to magistrate courts in ikeja or ibadan as a case study and you will be shocked that 80% of people applying for divorce are women. They are tired, not interested in the marriage anymore because husband has lost his source of income and they are suffering etc

So try not to lower the bar when getting into a relationship, there are intelligent women who would help you grow in all facets of your existence, they are out there you just haven't looked within - Believe me, it is not as easy as you think. Hypergamy is one factor really affecting women. A woman who perceives you are equal (which shouldn't be a bad thing because it will make both party work effectively) will automatically lose interest in a guy because she BELIEVES she worth more than that and selling herself short. E.g A lady nurse will always look down on a male nurse and always believes she deserves the doctor and not stoop low by dating a nurse, to her, she is above the man. A female teacher believes a male teacher of same rank are not mate and so the distortion keeps growing.
The ladies i like and want won't want to settle down with me because they are either above me or my mate, so what do i do next? i won't have a choice than to go down.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by emmaodet: 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2021
Goalnaldo:
you are right sir. Hope you have not swallowed the redpill? grin

Hahahaha
Bro, i am a redpill flag bearer on NL oooo
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Goalnaldo(m): 4:04pm On Jun 08, 2021
emmaodet:

Hahahaha
Bro, i am a redpill flag bearer on NL oooo
okay. I hope your Lord and master ubunja is safe? It's been a while I saw his Post.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by emmaodet: 4:18pm On Jun 08, 2021
Goalnaldo:
okay. I hope your Lord and master ubunja is safe? It's been a while I saw his Post.

Sure, he is and i pray for more grace to his elbows and more inks to his pen.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Lostchild(m): 4:46pm On Jun 08, 2021
omolola100

I wanted to write you a story of my first love who left me because she felt she could have
any wealthy man because of her beauty. She became a call girl (prostituting)

Despite her beauty, men was using her as a ho ho.

I must tell you this truth, you will never have the wealthy man you desire to marry. Why? because you cannot pay the price. This is what your mother is trying to tell you as she knows that you have to pay a price to have what you want.

Take the advice of your mother.
Take advice from people who went ahead of you.

I advice you; Dont look for a ricj man, pray for a good man to come into your life and both of you will grow rich
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by seguno2: 4:55pm On Jun 08, 2021
pansophist:
She said "stoop so low" grin. Women and delusion are like five and six. I know many rich men, and richmen typically do not marry below their class. So even if you choose not to follow your mothers advice, you'll hardly see a rich man that will marry low. Of course there are exceptions, I'm speaking about generalities here.

How does hypergamy work then
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by pansophist(m): 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
seguno2:

How does hypergamy work then

Pareto principle my friend, just like with everything. Most men want to marry a woman that looks like a model, doesn't mean they marry such women.

Same with hypergamy, Most women have a dream man in their head, but most don't marry their kind of men. Infact most women settle, and are not with the men they truly want.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by mayberry1(f): 5:17pm On Jun 08, 2021
NeeKlaus:

You encouched everything beautifully and as rational as could be.

People disregard the act of reciprocity in relationships these days. For most people, it's always about what they can get and not what they will give, abandoning the whole essence of relationships in the first place - companionship and sacrifice.

I won't be bias; both genders are guilty of it. While the males are usually after sexual gratification without actually loving truly, the females desire financial upliftment. As long as the guy can shower them with gifts, take them on trips and fund their faux lifestyles, they are content till they find a richer guy who will take over from where the former left off.

But it's not meant to be so. Relationships should be anything but selfish else, it turns into something very toxic. I already replied the OP in the first page and it's shameful that most women still proudly have that mindset. The Nigerian environment contributes to this anyway, so I am not surprised.

I like your thought process. Seems like you are capable of intellectually stimulating convos.
Are you single? kiss

Thanks for the compliment.
I am single but I really do not know if that's got to do with anything smiley
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Mabella18(f): 5:44pm On Jun 08, 2021
emmaodet:

Bro, why do i think you are kind of pacifying her to marry a man with potential.
Women are not doing any man a favour by sticking with them. If they like make them marry or not, men won't die and life will move on.
Only if you know that most men are also enduring them.
Hardly will you see a nigerian relationship that is balanced.
It is all about what they can gain from men.
Most of the relationship have ever been were a waste of time and resources. I don't fancy it anymore.
How will you date a woman for 3,6 months or a year without nothing to show for it.
You look back, no boxers, no wrist watch, no singlet or wears, sneakers etc NOTHING!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!! and you think i will be proud of such person? Someone i can remember with anything, no hosting me on outing or pool or cinema etc
It is very very very boring.
Love should be give and take.
If you are too broke to buy things for your bf in a relationship, then am sorry you have a misplaced priority.
What you need as a woman then is a job and not a relationship.

I'm in love with this comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Magnoliaa(f): 6:15pm On Jun 08, 2021
Tony142:
Lol, sure, I am a man, young man actually, I am a strong redpiller too, but those guys attacking her of wanting to marry a rich guy are insulting her not because they care but because they themselves are broke, so saying you want only a rich man is an insult to them(broke guys) and they will do all dey can to insult you grin

Those broke guys insulting her will not even allow their sister marry their fellow broke men lipsrsealed

According to redpill women are hypergamous in nature, so wanting a rich guy is definitely one of their trait, who no like better thing? lipsrsealed

Lol, iLegendd is not a poor man o, he is a millionaire, he only made that comment just for fun, he is a rich guy, but he is only into virgin, he is my boss, if u are a virgin send me your CV let me link you to him grin

But unfortunately you are not #smile

Mschew. Redpillers? You people are hard to manipulatee. Of what use will my feminine wiles be if I relate with you pipu? Feminists and redpillers are same ends of a magnet... we repel. I prefer rich simps.

That Legend Lager guy is too childish for my liking and even if I was a virgin when my hymen comes back in the middle of the night, I would never be interested in him no matter how rich he is. undecided Acts very anti-seductively (you brought his profile to me), so sorry. I don't want.

Unfortunately? Lmao. Another guy go pick me. There are many fishermen on the river. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Drella(m): 6:56pm On Jun 08, 2021
pansophist:

Pareto principle my friend, just like with everything. Most men want to marry a woman that looks like a model, doesn't mean they marry such women.

Same with hypergamy, Most women have a dream man in their head, but most don't marry their kind of men. Infact most women settle, and are not with the men they truly want.

Utilizing the principle: 80% of women have a dream man in their head but only 20% actually marry the said dream man!
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by squad03: 8:02pm On Jun 08, 2021
Dear OP,your mother is not a bad woman,know that her intentions are noble.

However, there's a deeper message embedded therein.

Back in uni,I had a friend who said she couldn't get married to a poor man solely because of their potential because 'even a poor person has the potential to become poorer'..it didn't make sense then,it does now.

At the end of the day, it's up to you to choose what sort of potential you can live with.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by mayberry1(f): 8:03pm On Jun 08, 2021
emmaodet:

You made some valid points but I beg to differ on some - It's okay. We can always agree to disagree.

What's your yardstick for going into a relationship with the opposite sex - Naturally, it should be love, faithfulness, commitment, endurance, hard-work but it seems nowadays, these are what are only expected from men and not from both anymore. The moment a man runs out of money, divorce or breaking of relationship by women surfaces in the horizon. It seems there is no penalty or shaming tactics put in place to discourage such act. You will start experiencing a cold relationship, frictions, reduction or total absence of sex etc and the woman can decide to cut short the relationship/marriage without any uproar or raise of eye brow.

I'd use myself as an example - ok

the least thing that'll make me date a man is his looks or how buoyant he is. If a man is intellectually and morally bankrupt, bereft of principles in life then it's a 'no' for me because I can't date a man who's not on same page with me.
- You are right.

You mentioned men dating governors daughters and be of best behaviour cause of what they stand to lose if they act otherwise...lol, you haven't seen men who do and jeopardise everything still - That is reason i said unless something is wrong with such men. A man with a properly screwed head on his neck won't do that.

Anything built on material benefits will never stand the test of time when life happens to one person(life will always happen to us in different ways). - You are right but it is so unfortunate that most women nowadays enter relationship because of what they can get and not entering with ''sense of duty'' Go to magistrate courts in ikeja or ibadan as a case study and you will be shocked that 80% of people applying for divorce are women. They are tired, not interested in the marriage anymore because husband has lost his source of income and they are suffering etc

So try not to lower the bar when getting into a relationship, there are intelligent women who would help you grow in all facets of your existence, they are out there you just haven't looked within - Believe me, it is not as easy as you think. Hypergamy is one factor really affecting women. A woman who perceives you are equal (which shouldn't be a bad thing because it will make both party work effectively) will automatically lose interest in a guy because she BELIEVES she worth more than that and selling herself short. E.g A lady nurse will always look down on a male nurse and always believes she deserves the doctor and not stoop low by dating a nurse, to her, she is above the man. A female teacher believes a male teacher of same rank are not mate and so the distortion keeps growing.
The ladies i like and want won't want to settle down with me because they are either above me or my mate, so what do i do next? i won't have a choice than to go down.

How did you come up with the 80% figure..lol, when an individual(male/female) is not family oriented they'd always see divorce as the only option to challenges in marriage. Well, I've always been a sucker for genuine love and uprightness every other thing will fall in place. I mean what's the essence of marriage if not peace and happiness?
By "above me or my mate " do you mean financially or age wise ? because I never attributed anything to finance in my write up.

Before you reply because it's seeming like we have loads of opinion on this, i hope you had a great day?
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Tony142: 9:57pm On Jun 08, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Mschew. Redpillers? You people are hard to manipulatee. Of what use will my feminine wiles be if I relate with you pipu? Feminists and redpillers are same ends of a magnet... we repel. I prefer rich simps.

That Legend Lager guy is too childish for my liking and even if I was a virgin when my hymen comes back in the middle of the night, I would never be interested in him no matter how rich he is. undecided Acts very anti-seductively (you brought his profile to me), so sorry. I don't want.

Unfortunately? Lmao. Another guy go pick me. There are many fishermen on the river. grin grin grin grin grin

For calling iLegendd my boss childish, I will flog you 12 stroke in your yansh with that water cain in-between my legs grin

Who give you license to practice feminine in 9ja? I will tell buhari that feminine is the new twitter in town, he should ban it too grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by franklingud(m): 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2021
Georgejeez:

Ogheneme !!! See question,how many years old are you? grin grin grin grin i go leave this Nairaland for Una o
grin grin grin grin grin

Don't leave us ooooo!

We die here!

Answer that question ooo �
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by iLegendd(m): 1:20am On Jun 09, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I don't know what you guys are talking about or what this thread is all about. I couldn't even spare 10 seconds to go through it.

Even this one I quoted, I didn't read. I just glanced and saw my name and the tags attached to it. I'm even ashamed to reply as silence would've worked better.

I appreciate your remark and God bless you for that—I have heard worse—including ritualist.

I wrote a post yesterday, but haven't created a thread for it. A certain part of that post fits as your reply.

See it below and have a nice day. I'll never dignify you with a second reply or condescend in calling you names.

Remember, if you don't quote me or mention me in this forum, directly or indirectly, I'll never know you exist.

Peace.

Excerpt...

Unfortunately, no matter how you place it, there is always someone (happy or unhappy) who will call you or say one of these to you at a stage in your life.

1. Arrogant
2. Empty drum
3. Broke/poor
4. Show off
5. Talkative
6. Fake life
7. Good-for-nothing
8. Stop feeling yourself
9. Jobless
10. Attention-seeker
11. Criminal/scammer
12. Unwise/dum.b/Idiót/stûpid.
13. Disgrace/disappointed
14. Proud/braggart
15. Immature/childish

Remember, whatever they say about you is right — don't disprove it. The only wrong thing is if no one ever talks about you or see you as someone who is worth talking about.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 09, 2021
you will soon be busted on this forum people are getting to understand that u are manipulator nd a scammer
iLegendd:

I don't know what you guys are talking about or what this thread is all about. I couldn't even spare 10 seconds to go through it.

Even this one I quoted, I didn't read. I just glanced and saw my name and the tags attached to it. I'm even ashamed to reply as silence would've worked better.

I appreciate your remark and God bless you for that—I have heard worse—including ritualist.

I wrote a post yesterday, but haven't created a thread for it. A certain part of that post fits as your reply.

See it below and have a nice day. I'll never dignify you with a second reply or condescend in calling you names.

Remember, if you don't quote me or mention me in this forum, directly or indirectly, I'll never know you exist.

Peace.

Excerpt...

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:02am On Jun 09, 2021
Tony142:

For calling iLegendd my boss childish, I will flog you 12 stroke in your yansh with that water cain in-between my legs grin

Water cain? Oh. Is that the new word for a flaccid deek or a watery-sperm-shooting plastic toy?

Who give you license to practice feminine in 9ja? I will tell buhari that feminine is the new twitter in town, he should ban it too grin

I have so many Queen Mothers they are hard to count and mention. They gave me the license. Yeah. Go report them and good luck with that, lol.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Magnoliaa(f): 2:08am On Jun 09, 2021
iLegendd:

Peace.

Excerpt...

Mtcheew. If you don't care and didn't care to know, you would never have responded to me. I didn't read your response as well. I still said what I said. "Irrelevant" opinions from faceless people shouldn't get to you, right? Good.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by emmaodet: 3:54am On Jun 09, 2021
mayberry1:

How did you come up with the 80% figure..lol, when an individual(male/female) is not family oriented they'd always see divorce as the only option to challenges in marriage. Well, I've always been a sucker for genuine love and uprightness every other thing will fall in place. I mean what's the essence of marriage if not peace and happiness?
By "above me or my mate " do you mean financially or age wise ? because I never attributed anything to finance in my write up.

Before you reply because it's seeming like we have loads of opinion on this, i hope you had a great day?

Thanks, my day was great and yours?
The records are in the court, 8 out of 10 people seeking for divorce are women.

By "above me or my mate " do you mean financially - Financially

It is okay, we are all here to learn and re-learn
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by mayberry1(f): 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2021
emmaodet:

Thanks, my day was great and yours?
The records are in the court, 8 out of 10 people seeking for divorce are women.

By "above me or my mate " do you mean financially - Financially

It is okay, we are all here to learn and re-learn

I think you should look beyond finance. As a man you should be looking for a woman who is not just intelligent but loyal and have set
goals in life. If you are looking for a woman who's at per with you financially it wouldn't be that difficult to find but I think there'd be competition amongst you two plus it would be kinda difficult for the woman to be loyal to you (especially when the chips are down). The reason why there's high rate of divorce is because lots of people marry for the wrong reason. Technically, all mundane things fade away after 3-5 years of marriage.
There are lots of anecdotal stories I would have mentioned but hey! this is an open forum.

My day was amazing, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by emmaodet: 1:11pm On Jun 09, 2021
mayberry1:

I think you should look beyond finance. As a man you should be looking for a woman who is not just intelligent but loyal and have set
goals in life. If you are looking for a woman who's at per with you financially it wouldn't be that difficult to find but I think there'd be competition amongst you two plus it would be kinda difficult for the woman to be loyal to you (especially when the chips are down). The reason why there's high rate of divorce is because lots of people marry for the wrong reason. Technically, all mundane things fade away after 3-5 years of marriage.
There are lots of anecdotal stories I would have mentioned but hey! this is an open forum.

My day was amazing, thanks.

It's okay.
Have a blessed day and nice conversation.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by AlphamaleTech1(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2021
Work and earn money, then marry who ever u love.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by bishop212(m): 1:06pm On Jun 17, 2021
omolola100:
My mother advice me never to look for a rich man who is well do whenever i'm set to get married.
she said i should marry a man that we will both start our life from the foundation, according to my mum, she said it is better to suffer with man to acquire wealth, than to go for a ready made soup.

Looking at the way things are going now, do you think a woman will now stoop so low and marry a poor man that is trying to make ends meet? Although, money is not love, but why would a parent wish her daughter to marry a poor man, i am begining to see my mum as a bad mother who does'nt wish me well.
Is it advisable i follow my mothers advice? I should stay in SURULERE instead of OLORUNSOGO.
Mehn this advise is the worst iv ever heard. Even as a guy, we want good things for our sisters talk more of for ourselves.the advise should have been to look for some one with ambition. That way,whomever comes ur way ,its ur luck. Not to ask u to look for a " poor man" what kind of advice is that? WhT if no poor man comes you way or if all the ones coming your way are unambition ones? Do you think u have what it takes to start reshaping them and set them on a straight part? Sis ,you will just die of hunger,stress,anger and frustration.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by NiRfreak(m): 6:18am On Jun 29, 2021
Magnoliaa:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/03/05/leemon-ikpea-how-a-husband-made-peace-with-an-acrimonious-wife/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theinfong.com/2021/03/nigerian-billionaire-sends-wife-of-39-years-packing-after-mistress-tells-him-to-do-so-photos/amp/

Yes. I finally found this story. And I think it'll interest some particular users here. cheesy

cc: Twoclans - look at the side chick angle.
Mr. NiRFreak - you say you wanna marry an uneducated woman? Well that's one for you. Good luck in the compatibility.
And my dear Omolola100 - that's a woman that started from the bottom with a man, only to end up being thrown out of her matrimonial home after 39 years of marriage. With nothing to show for it. Stories like that abound.

After reading this, do whatever you feel is good for you.
Just seeing this.
Well I read every link you provided.
And obviously, it's clear the woman was the genesis of her own problem, which I feel has to do with her: wanton greed, laziness to work when opportunity were presented on a platter, quarelsome attitude, nagging, and all manners of vices particular to many bad wives which of course can be seen in both educated or non educated women....
There are many not well educated ladies who are reasonable, hardworking and peaceful.
...And that a woman starts from the scratch with a man does not give her leeway to frustrate her man's life. Everyone deserves happiness...
The onus is on the person being frustrated and robbed of peace, either husband or wife, to do away with the source of his/her stress and unhappiness or otherwise endure it. It's a choice to make which the man shouldnt be blamed for...He has a right to peace....
Now to the lady adviced by her mom, I think she's lacks understanding and good mindset...May God open her mind...
Meanwhile, what's ur stand
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by Skullano(m): 6:31am On Jun 29, 2021
erinatso:
Aunty with due respest pls permit me to tel u that u r mad. If nt dat u ar my senior i for tel u say u no get sense
u get mind tel us say ur mum no like u

But you don already talk say she no get sense nah.
Re: Should I Follow My Mother's Advice? by erinatso: 8:26am On Jun 29, 2021
Skullano:

But you don already talk say she no get sense nah.
no i neva talk am oo i mean "if to say she no b my senior"

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend / My Pre-wedding Photoshoot / Military Pre-Wedding Pictures Of A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.