Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,516 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

I Think I'm Dating A Romance Scammer: - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Think I'm Dating A Romance Scammer: (3492 Views)

Guys I Think I'm About To Marry A MONSTER, Advice Me Pls, No Matter How Harsh / So I'm Dating This Girl And Now She Wants The Impossible. / I'm Dating My Friend's Sister But He Doesn't Know. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Think I'm Dating A Romance Scammer: by seunadeolu(m): 10:31am On Oct 21, 2012
EUROPEAN GIRL INDEED grin grin grin
EllaBee:

I agree, it's a shame that so few non-nigerians are exposed to nigerian cuisine when it's so delicious. How wonderful would it be if instead of going out for pizza, your typical European family went out for some egusi soup! But yes it is kinda high in calories, it has definitely made my white girl yansh more to my Nigerian boy's taste grin
Re: I Think I'm Dating A Romance Scammer: by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 21, 2012
she suspected her boyfriend of being a scammer (from the many profiles of him she found on dating websites) but the guy has never done anything bad to her
so it's a real ethical dilemma: do you choose to believe what you find on internet or what the person tells you? it's very hard to make that decision, especially when you have feelings for that person. You don't want to accuse without evidence, but are multiple dating profiles strong enough evidence?
It's very bad to scam people, and I'm totally against that but to what extent the activity of the person is linked to his personality? I mean, there are many professional occupations where people do bad things, or even the one involved in drug trafficking, it's very bad, but does that mean that they are necessarily evil people in their entire life?

oh and for the English language, I don't know about other European countries, but I started learning English only when I was 14 or so. Maybe in Nordic countries they start learning earlier...
Re: I Think I'm Dating A Romance Scammer: by Battery1(m): 11:27am On Oct 21, 2012
EllaBee: This is my first post, although I've been lurking for a while- hi guys smiley
I'm a European girl dating a Nigerian boy, we've been together about 6 months. We met while I was vacationing in the city he lives in. Since then we've met up many times, I am a broke student so he always pays my flights and pretty much looks after me 100% when we're together. He's always thrown money around a lot, and I've always wondered how he got his hands on his cash considering he doesn't actually have a job on top of school. Recently, I did a little snooping (wrong I know) and I think I found out- he's a member of dozens and dozens of dating sights in every country imaginable, with profiles under a bunch of different pseudonyms. I've heard (and been warned about) Nigerian scammers before, but I seriously thought this guy was just your average international student like me. He's never asked me for money, he knows I don't have any to give him, but now I'm feeling like one in a long line of women (and gay men!!!) he's trying to scam. It's so crazy, I joined Nairaland to try learn about his culture, learn to cook his food etc, I never thought I'd end up one of those pathetic women crying "I love a scammer!!!"

Anyone have any perspective on this? I seriously don't know what to do, I love this guy but looks like he's a huge liar sad
ELLABEE.....sharrraaap ya mouth!! Laptop closed, let me go and hv my bath, I want to go and drink.
Re: I Think I'm Dating A Romance Scammer: by 190theclown: 11:36am On Oct 21, 2012
Gbagaun_catcher: not

Rotfl

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Wasted My Food / How Do You Tell Your Girlfriend She Is A Bad Cook, Without Offending Her? / My Mother Knows I Am A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.