Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity (4251 Views)

When Pastors/Christians Are Not Saved, Then Sinners/Atheists Get More Confused / Are You Truly Saved? Then, Don’t Touch Unclean Things (alcoholic Drinks) / "Once Saved, Forever Saved": Wrong And Unscriptural! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2021
awitness41:

2 Peter 1:10

Part two

Peter is eager for us us make our calling and election sure.. and yet our salvation, which includes both our calling and our election.. cannot be more secure than it was when we first believed - for once we are saved by grace through faith:- God accepts us in Christ; we are positioned in Him; we are accepted in the Beloved; we are sealed unto the day of Christ by the Spirit - and we are also elected and called, all because we believed on the only begotten Son of God. So what does Peter mean when we are told to make our calling and election sure?

Well, Peter is encouraging us to give all diligence to the truth of God's unbreakable promises regarding our salvation. Peter is urging us to be absolutely sure that our salvation, which includes our calling and election has become a firmly fixed fact in our heart. Peter wants us to base our understanding our salvation on the never-changing truth of God's Word - for when we have absolute assurance in our heart and mind that our calling and election is secure in Christ and anchored to the precious promises in the Word of God - then we will not stumble in our Christian walk; we will not start to doubt God's Word regarding our salvation - we will not be tossed about by every changing wind of doctrine that seeks to place believers under condemnation - when the Word of God clearly tells us that there is no condemnation, to those that are in Christ Jesus.

Peter is not suggesting that we can lose our eternal salvation, but that we stand secure in God's eternal promises connected with our salvation. Our election and calling is an integral part of our salvation and we confirm it in our lives by living a holy life; growing more like Christ; trusting in His sufficient grace and depending on Him in all things.

Having been saved by faith, let us confirm our election and our calling by walking in spirit and truth and trusting in the unchanging Word of God so that we will live our lives as He intended and produce fruit to His praise and glory. Let us make every effort to confirm our calling and election by living a holy life, which is rooted grounded in the word of truth.. for the more we know God's Word the more we trust His Word and the more we trust His Word - the more we become secure in our election, our calling and our eternal heritage in Christ.
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2021
awitness41:

To imply or pretend a Believer has little to no say in the matter of their own Salvation, or can't be lost once they're saved, denies free will... so therefore, AGAIN, we need to use ALL relevant Scripture on each doctrinal matter to form a COMPLETE DOCTRINE, containing ALL TRUTH and THROWING OUT NOTHING.

God knows the end from the beginning. He knows before the foundation of the world the choices that every man and woman will make with regard to their salvation. God knew Your choice and He knew mine before we were even born.. and we, who at some point in our life have chosen to accept His gift of salvation, were elected as God's children - before the foundation of the world.

God has given every man and woman volition to choose their eternal destiny - either faith in Christ as Saviour OR rejection of the One Who died for their sins and rose to give life to all who would believe in His name.

God knows those who through their free-will choice will trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for salvation, during their life-time on earth.. and it is because God is omniscient that He knows ahead of time the choices each one of us will make.

God elects everyone who by faith.. choose to trust in Christ for salvation. And the astonishing thing is that this election was made before the foundation of the world. Our election was established on what each one of us would choose to do with God's free gift of salvation.. which is by grace through faith in Christ.

And those that God in His foresight knew would one day choose to trust in Christ as Saviour are also the “called' by God. We, whom God knew would accept His free gift of salvation became 'called' .. the very moment we first believe on the only begotten Son of God. And yet we were elected before the foundation of the world because God is omniscient, and knows the free-will choice we will one day make.

Our election and calling are fused together as one unit. Our election and calling cannot take pace without the other. Our election and calling are inseparably woven together and founded on the truth of God's word.. that whosoever believes on the only begotten Son of God will be saved - and salvation includes our election before the foundation of the world and our calling - at the moment of our personal salvation.

My friend stop insulting God

God is omniscience

God knows the choice you will make from your so called free will

Stop thinking like one who don't know God wake up to understand how powerful God is

If romans 9:9-24

Does not teach you who God is then don't worry I will try to bring down those other things that hold your mindset to think God is not omniscience
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:19pm On Oct 03, 2021
awitness41:

But I do not want to continue repeat the same thing over and over to those who don't really want to listen anyway.

Am so sorry you don't know God yet but God will open your eyes if you want to know him like we do

God is all sufficient
God knows what your free will that he himself has given you will decide because he is the one who gave it to you free will did not appear from the sky

Think my brother think stop belittling God

God designed your free will he know what it will do in the next billion years if you will be alive then

God knows your hair the number of it

Wake up and bow to the creator who knows all things
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2021
awitness41:

There IS backsliding that gets us blotted out from the Book of Life

That is not what that place says I explained it read it Jesus actually said I will not blot out their names

Read it properly
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2021
awitness41:

We can give up our Salvation if we return to sin.

No never... God said I will be with you for ever even to the end of the world
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2021
awitness41:

The Parable of the Fig Tree Which Wasn't Bearing Fruit - Luke 13:6-9 (NKJV)

6 He also spoke this parable: "A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard, and he came seeking fruit on it and found none.
7 Then he said to the keeper of his vineyard, 'Look, for three years I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree and find none. Cut it down; why does it use up the ground?'
8 But he answered and said to him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and fertilize it.
9 And if it bears fruit, well. But if not, after that you can cut it down.'"

The Fig Tree is actually physical Isreal not saved Christians

Don't mix things up because you did not understand what Jesus was saying to physical Israel

For many centuries, God was long suffering towards His people, Israel, who refused to listen to His voice and turn from their wicked ways. At the appointed time, He sent the Lord Jesus to His people - as He promised - Who for three and half years called them to repent of their sins and turn to Him for salvation.

Jesus was Israel's Good Shepherd of the sheep. He was the Bread of Life upon Whom they were to feed by faith with thanksgiving. He was the Rock of their Salvation from Whom flowed the Living Waters of eternal Life. He was the Consolation of Israel, the promised Messiah, and the Son of the living God - to Whom all Scripture pointed.

John the Baptist had identified Jesus as the Lamb of God Who takes away the sin of the world, and the mighty signs and wonders He did, authenticated His Messianic claims... and should have produced fruit worthy of repentance. But the proud Jewish nation refused to acknowledge their sin. Despite the promises and privileges they enjoyed as the chosen people, both individually and nationally, they refused to recognise their offence and repent of their sin.

For three years, Jesus had been calling His people to turn from their sinful ways and bring forth the fruit of righteousness which was consistent with a repentant heart that mourned over sin. However, the welcome He received from the majority was superficial, selfish, puffed-up, and proud, and so He used the parable of an unfruitful fig tree to illustrate the serious sickness that had consumed the nation and produced barrenness in their soul. "A man had a fig tree which had been planted in his vineyard. One day the man came looking for fruit on it and did not find any."

Israel had been chosen to be God's peculiar people. They were to tell the world about God's plan of redemption - but they failed in their mission. They were an unproductive and unfruitful people. The fig tree represented Israel and identified God as the man who planted the tree. He expected it to bring forth much fruit and provide food for a world of hungry souls.

Jesus was identified as the hard-working husbandman Who tended the fig tree for the three years of His earthly ministry - giving it sufficient time to produce good fruit. It was as Christ's ministry was drawing to its close that the Owner came looking for fruit - fruit that was rightfully His. He looked for the fruit of repentance - but did not find any.

The long-suffering God of Israel Who sent His only begotten Son into the world to bring His chosen nation back to Himself and bring forth much good fruit - found none. Because of their failure, the kingdom that Christ had been sent to establish would have to be postponed for a season - until His erring nation repented of their sin and started to produce the fruit of righteousness.

The kingdom of God that Christ came to establish had to be taken away from that generation of Jews and given to a future nation of Israel that would bring forth the fruits God required. The barren fig tree represented the generation of Jews who rejected their Messiah and refused to produce the fruit of righteousness, which is grown from a repentant heart that mourns over their sin.

There will be another generation of Jews who will bring forth the fruit that God desires from His chosen people. The nation of Israel will one day recognise their sin and mourn over it, when they see Jesus, Whom they pierced, coming in the clouds of glory. On that day they will cry out, "Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!" Hosanna! SAVE US LORD!
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:00pm On Oct 03, 2021
I will be back to explain more of your verse let me eat
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Nobody: 1:43am On Oct 04, 2021
BK, please - for your own sake - stop assuming I don't know God.

You don't know me, but God and Jesus do.

God was the very One who brought me out of a life destroyed by sin.... LOTS of sin over decades.

I tell you I lived a carnal, sinful, immature life for decades until I finally fell. And fall I did.

I went lower than almost anyone I've ever known, and was completely ground to powder.

When I was completely shattered, only God and His Son Jesus Christ raised me out of the sin pit that was my former life, simply by Their Word and prayer, and my desperate willingness to receive It, clinging to God with all my might.
A church didn't do that.
Nor friends.
Nor family.
Only God and Jesus and Their Word, with the Holy Spirit - Whom I prayed to receive - guiding me.

God raised me up and accepted me, treating me with both LOVE and... TRUTH.

(TRUTH is the part most half-hearted Christians have a problem with... but I know how both God's LOVE and TRUTH changed my Life.)

In fact, many people turned their back on me because of my then-newfound Walk with God... just like Jesus said they would. So what ? I had the freedom of forgiveness and the Love of my Lord, and I don't need the approval of people when I have that.

And to change my life from the pit, God and Jesus and the Holy Spirit ABSOLUTELY said it was critical for me to repent, forgive others, and keep Their Commandments (the Two Most Important Commandments and the Ten Commandments, both the Letter and the Heart of them). That was a HUGE part of my upbringing in Them... and it all started with the Gospels, reading them over and over many, many times to sink in the Word of Jesus Christ... BEFORE I went onto the rest of the Bible. In fact, God and Jesus distilled in me good and righteous habits, like NEVER reading the rest of God's Word as disagreeing with Jesus Christ... for Jesus is what all PROPER discernments must conform to.

You can announce with your own prideful certainty that you think I don't know God... that's your right, and I'll forgive you.

But God Himself knows the Truth, and knows I'm His, and that I hate falsehood, because it's from the devil who destroys peoples' lives.

Everything I said in my posts above was True.

Trust the readers to decide for themselves.

I know when you, BK, get into over-explaining that you are complicating matters, by saying "this" really means "that", and so on.

But ignoring Verses that apply to a given matter, and twisting other Verses we wish to keep are no way to come to the Truth, nor would the Holy Spirit suggest such a thing.

The Bible is easy... so easy that children can understand Jesus Christ, because their little hearts are Faith-filled and not blocked by years of sin.

But yet, adults, and too often self-appointed religious types, try to make it complicated... like the Catholic church and their fake "Catechism" Manual, trying to deceive people away from the Truth. Why ? Because pride is sin, and human beings just love their pride more than God or Jesus, thinking that they themselves can stand in God's Place for whatever feeling of "power" it gives them.

But it's not only the Catholic church... it's anyone who espouses false doctrine (even if they have "some" Truth).

The point is to keep the good, and throw out the bad... just like God and Jesus will do at the end.

To repeat what I've said before:
It's not what we do that right that gets us to Heaven. We're SUPPOSED TO DO RIGHT !
It's what we keep doing wrong in sin that gets us sent us to Hell.

And false doctrine is sin, period. It's poison to God's children, and is only buffeted by Satan.

I have no pride, and if I ever do, the Holy Spirit immediately convicts me away from it because I know exactly what God and Jesus did for me... They Saved me by Their Grace, because I was willing to do what Jesus taught.

BK - you keep several wrong doctrines -- once-saved-always-saved, Jesus IS God (instead of LIKE GOD as God's Own Son), Sunday-keeping (nowhere in the Bible), tongues, etc. -- because you take the word of men, and don't use ALL Scripture on a given topic, reconciled together to get the True meaning.

Again, we can't just "throw out" or ignore Verses that are relevant to a given topic... surely the Holy Spirit doesn't allow me to do that.

In fact, the Holy Spirit tells me NOT to try to add to, subtract from, or twist any Verses, and that ALL Verses must be kept and reconciled together.

If anyone claims the Holy Spirit, they would hear the same thing from Him.

Regardless... surely we're now torturing ourselves.

Let's simply just agree to disagree... you go your way and I'll go mine.

I'm clean in front of God and Jesus, and any who read what I wrote can judge for themselves.

Still... peace to you, BK.

I never insulted you (rebuked your discernment methodology, yes, but I did not insult you in any personal way), nor did I ever call you names, nor did I ever curse you... you know that.

Enjoy your food.
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 3:46am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

and my desperate willingness to receive It, clinging to God with all my might.

Am so sorry what I said is the truth let me say It in a kind way

You don't know God completely

You don't have a complete knowledge of God as long as you think you can do something to add to your salvation

Then you don't know this beautiful powerful being completely

If you go about telling people that they can do something to help themselves in the process of salvation instead of only pointing to Jesus Christ as the only one who can help them then am sorry for you

What you should have said is and as God Almighty helped me to be desperate for him and put a willing mind to me to receive his message and helped me to cling to Jesus with all the might he gave me

My brother we kill self when we came to Jesus we don't magnify ourselves any longer because we know we did not do anything to merit this beautiful grace or rather I should say God killed us when we came to Jesus we died with Jesus and rose with Jesus nothing from us saved us God chose us because of his decision not what we did you must kill this pride inside you before it too late

Every thing is about Jesus the reason why you exist is just to worship Jesus

He holds everything he is the one to point to he paid the ultimate price
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:09am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

Their Commandments (the Two Most Important Commandments and the Ten Commandments, both the Letter and the Heart of them).

God already told you that Jesus is the full fillment of the law did you listen to God when he said it

Bible said Jesus is the lord of sabbath did you accept it this means the person this Jesus who when you are inside him you have obeyed the commandment of sabbath because sabbath means rest in God and Jesus is our rest infact this Jesus is one being who when you are inside him you have obeyed God completely

Now go and read all the ten commandment and read the new testaments to see that Jesus explained all the ten commandment and further more God through Paul explained sabbath to us

Colossians 2:16
Paul's Epistle to the Colossians . "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ." ... Because believers in Jesus Christ are complete in Him.

Did you respect God word when he said no man will ever judge you when it comes to sabbath and thank God Jesus is both man and almighty God as a man that Jesus is who replaced the fallen Adam Jesus is the one who sit on the throne who judges the universe

Romans 14:5 ►
One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.

New Living Translation
In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable.

Did you fear God when he said any day you chose to worship him is acceptable to him

I hope you know Bible said the new testaments overrides the old testament because the new testaments is sealed with Jesus blood with God blood if you use complete translation Bible

The word, the one who came down from heaven was explaining sabbath to Israel and they killed him because of sabbath and other things that they thought he was disobeying
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:26am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

The Bible is easy... so easy that children can understand Jesus Christ, because their little hearts are Faith-filled and not blocked by years of sin.

You don't believe Bible and God that why when you see things like this below

No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him and he cannot sin, because he is born of God” (1 John 3:9).

You remove your eyes from it because you don't believe it

Now back to the statement you quote note
The letter kills, but the spirit gives life
My beloved brother reading the Bible without asking God for help simply produces death

Second Corinthians 3:6 says, “He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.” With these words, Paul summarizes the key difference between the Old and New Testaments: the first covenant was based on obedience to the written law (the “letter”), but the second covenant is based on the blood of Christ and sealed by the Holy Spirit.

There are two parts to this answer, as we look at both the letter and the Spirit.

First, what does Paul mean by “the letter kills”? Simply that the Old Testament Law, which is good and perfect (Psalm 19:7), reveals all people as law-breakers (Galatians 3:10). The law “kills” in that the penalty for breaking God’s law is eternal death in hell (Romans 6:23; Revelation 21:8.. ). As God told Moses the lawgiver, “Whoever has sinned . Even if you sin only once in your whole life, it’s the same as breaking all of God’s laws (James 2:10), just as breaking only one link in a chain breaks the whole chain.

The written law—“the letter”—was chiseled in stone by the finger of God and is the unchanging standard by which all are judged. The law cannot give us righteousness or eternal life in heaven (Galatians 2:16). It can only condemn us as sinners, and the sentence is death. Heaven is where perfection is required (Matthew 5:20, 48. ; 19:16–21), and “the law made nothing perfect” (Hebrews 7:19).

Second, what does Paul mean by “the Spirit gives life”? Simply that the Holy Spirit rescues us from our hopeless situation. God saves us from death and grants us eternal life when we are born again through the power of the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, “Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit” (John 3:6), and, later, “The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are Spirit and they are life” (John 6:63).

The Holy Spirit was active in the Incarnation of our Savior (Luke 1:35). It was through the Holy Spirit that Jesus offered Himself as a sacrifice to God for our sins (Hebrews 9:14). The Spirit is the cause of the new birth (John 3:3–8 . It is the Spirit who lives in believers (John 14:17), seals them (Ephesians 1:13), and sanctifies them (Romans 15:16).

Jesus came to give us an abundant life, or life “to the full” (John 10:10). The Holy Spirit living in believers is how Jesus fulfills that promise. The abundant Christian life is marked by the fruit of the Spirit, which is “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control” (Galatians 5:22–23). The Old Testament Law could not produce any of that fruit; only the Holy Spirit can, as He lives in us.

The Spirit gives life in that He enables us to reach God’s ultimate goal for us, to be transformed into the glorious image of God’s own Son (2 Corinthians 3:18; also see Romans 8:28–30). Until the day that we see Christ, the Spirit intercedes with God on our behalf, ensuring our continued forgiveness and preserving the promise of God (Romans 8:26–27).

“The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life” (2 Corinthians 3:6). Elsewhere, Paul teaches the same truth: “But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code” (Romans 7:6).
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:38am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

It's what we keep doing wrong in sin that gets us sent us to Hell

You don't believe Bible that why when you see things like this

No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him and he cannot sin, because he is born of God” (1 John 3:9).

You remove your eyes from it because you don't believe it

Your problems is using sense on God you think like this because you don't know Bible if not for Jesus are you better than Adam and eve that fell. no

God does not use this your man made sense you need to know this God and know the qualifications for hell and until you truly understand that it is not he who runs or wills that makes heaven you will keep falling and you won't know Bible and the complete knowledge of God words

Jesus came and some of his messages where directed to physical Isreal and you take that and put it to the saved people he came to die for don't you see you don't know Bible

Jesus spoke as a man in certain areas and in another area showed himself to be God Almighty by the things he did and spoke which only God can do

Now if you can't separate the two ways Jesus function then you will simply only think he is a mere man or angel

Don't you see why you don't know Jesus you keep thinking you can do something in salvation to be able to make it oh my brother this is not so only Jesus totally completely did all the work if you keep thinking like that

That is an insult to the blood of Jesus

awitness41
Tell me one thing that you have that was not given to you by God name one thing?
What is this pride inside you telling you that you have a part in your salvation that you must do something for God to approve you and keep you because of that thing you are doing ?
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:45am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

BK - you keep several wrong doctrines -- once-saved-always-saved, Jesus IS God (instead of LIKE GOD as God's Own Son), Sunday-keeping (nowhere in the Bible), tongues, etc. -- because you take the word of men, and don't use ALL Scripture on a given topic, reconciled together to get the True meaning.

I told you any day that you want I will explain this things from the Bible that God gave me and billions of people to believe

Even though few actually know that beleive very well because there are levels in the faith

Jesus is God Almighty and the Israeli people knew when he said he was God son they know it is same thing as saying I am God Almighty

You can see it in the Bible they wanted to kill him for saying that just the same way you hate me for telling you this same truth

You can't see Jesus as God Almighty because God has not revealed it to you yet but if you open your heart tell God now show me if Jesus is God Almighty

Then watch what God will do for you
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:54am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

I never insulted you (rebuked your discernment methodology, yes, but I did not insult you in any personal way), nor did I ever call you names, nor did I ever curse you... you know that.

My lovely brother yes you did not insult me

But you know me a little that even if you do I will still love you

Because I know only God can open your eyes of understanding the same way he himself opened my own

Because I did not understand this things until God revealed them to me

Oh my father, my father my father, revel this things to your children I ask you my God the same way you did it for me do it for
awitness41: show him who Jesus really is

My father you always hear me you always draw men unto yourself open his eyes give him understanding in Jesus name we pray

So be it amen
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:59am On Oct 04, 2021
I will be back to explain those order verse so that people will know how to rightly divide the word of truth

2 Timothy 2:15 ►
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

New Living Translation
Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.

Because if one does not know how to explain the word of God they will make mistakes and take what was said to unbelievers and put it to the saved ones

Jesus made a statement and almost all the disciples thought he said John will not die physically

Bible is a spiritual book not a novel or text book
With out God you can't understand it
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:15am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

Not only are we to continue to abide in Jesus and "sin no more"

Hope you know Bible said if we say we have no sin we call God a liar so if Jesus said sin no more how come God said if we say we have no sin we call him a liar

So what exactly is Jesus saying
When he said sin no more

There are two instances in the New Testament when Jesus told someone to “sin no more,” and they were each under very different circumstances. The first is when Jesus healed an invalid by the Pool of Bethesda (John 5:1–15). Afterward, Jesus found the man and told him, “See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you” (verse 14). It is clear that Jesus knew what had caused the man’s condition. We are not told the specifics of the man’s physical impairment, but the context implies that it was caused by sinful choices. Jesus warned the man that he had been given a second chance and that he should make better choices. If the man returned to his sinful behavior, he would have wasted the opportunity Jesus gave him to live whole and forgiven.

The second instance is in the account of the woman taken in the act of adultery (John 8:3–11). When the woman’s accusers brought her before Jesus, expecting Him to pronounce judgment, He told them that the one who was without sin should throw the first stone. One by one, the condemning crowd left. Then Jesus told the woman, “Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more” (verse 11). She had been caught. She was guilty. She did deserve stoning according to the Law of Moses (Leviticus 20:10; Deuteronomy 22:22). But the religious leaders who had dragged her there had no concern for holiness. They were trying to trap Jesus into saying that the Law did not matter (verse 6).

Jesus often reminded those religious leaders that He had not come to abolish the Law but to fulfill it (Matthew 5:17). He, as God Almighty , was the Author of the Law (2 Timothy 3:16). The Pharisees focused on the letter of the Law but missed the true spirit of it, which is given in Galatians 5:14: “The whole law can be summed up in this one command: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’” When Jesus refused to condemn the woman, He was not minimizing the importance of holiness. He was offering her the same kind of forgiveness He offers every one of us (Acts 3:19).

In saying, “Go and sin no more,” Jesus was not speaking of sinless perfection. He was warning against a return to sinful lifestyle choices. His words both extended mercy and demanded holiness. Jesus was always the perfect balance of “grace and truth” (John 1:14). With forgiveness comes the expectation that we will not continue in the same path of rebelliousness. Those who know God’s love will naturally want to obey Him (John 14:15).

When we turn to Christ and receive His forgiveness, we experience a heart change (Luke 9:23; Acts 1:8.. ). Forgiveness is not cheap, and it does not excuse the sin that separated us from God. It cost God everything to offer us the cleansing that pronounces us righteous before Him (John 3:16; 15:13). Rather than continue in the self-centered path that led us astray from Him to begin with, the forgiven can walk in God’s path (Luke 14:27). A move toward God is a move toward righteousness, purity, and holy living (1 Peter 1:16; Romans 8:29). We cannot experience the transforming power of forgiveness without being forever changed.

It goes without saying that the woman caught in adultery did not return to her infidelity. She had met Jesus. She would not be perfect. No one is. But she was forever changed. Her eyes had been opened to the depravity of what she was doing. Sin no longer held the appeal it once did. When we meet Jesus, sin no longer holds its fatal attraction. Grace changes things. “Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (Romans 6:1–2).When we are born again (John 3:3), the power of the Holy Spirit breaks the power that sin once had over us (Romans 6:6). Once we lived only to please ourselves, but when we have been forgiven, our motivation changes. We now live to please God (Galatians 2:20).

It should be the goal of every Christian to “sin no more,” although we recognize that, while we are in the flesh, we will still stumble (1 John 1:8. . God’s desire for each of us is to be holy as He is holy (1 Peter 1:16). We still sin, but sin is no longer a lifestyle choice (1 John 3:9–10). When we fail, we can come to God and ask forgiveness (1 John 1:9; 1 Peter 4:1–2). And if we are truly God’s children, He will correct us, disciplining us when we need it (Hebrews 12:6–11). His work is to conform us to the image of His Son (Romans 8:29).
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:32am On Oct 04, 2021
Each time I see this new mystery of salvation I shout in my heart oh the depth of God how his ways are so pure how his path is past finding out

Oh oh oh the depth of his mercy

Mercy brought us to God

God brought us to God
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:35am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

Gospel with others in a trustworthy manner), we will also be "cast out" and "thrown in the fire and be burned". (That means Hell Fire for the unintiated).

I don't understand this statement you can clarify with scriptural
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:44am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

God and Jesus are both Love and Truth in full equal measure.

Jesus is God Almighty

But that is actually a different topic which I told you if you want to know more we can talk about it so you can see

That everything in the Bible is about Jesus

All the old testament is about Jesus
All the story was pointing to Jesus

GOD design the storyline to point to Jesus

When you see Joseph and Moses saving his brothers and Israel in the old testament it actually showing what Jesus will do for the world

When you see Jonah sleep in the sea three days three nights in the belly of the fish it to show how Jesus will be buried in the earth tomb three days three nights too

When you see God killed an animal to cover Adam and eve naked,ness which represents sin it to show how Jesus will be killed as the lamb of the world

It all was pointing to Jesus every single thing in the Bible was pointing to Jesus is about Jesus creation is about him

Jehovah is old testament Savior

Guess who is the new testaments Savior

It all God was saying am going to take the blame let me carry all their sin after all no one else could

God designed it so it not shock to God God is not surprised or Afraid to die
God already exists as the Father the Son the Holy Spirit

God manifest as the Father to do a special work then manifest as the son to do a special work too and as holy spirit to do a particular work too

That same way he created us we are one man having

Body
Soul
Spirit
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:45am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

So don't be deceived by wishful thinkers whose doctrines are incomplete because they refuse to use ALL relevant BIble Verses on a given matter.

You can see how I bring verse to explain verses
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

If you use ALL related Bible Verses on a given matter for your discernments, THROWING OUT NONE, and reconcile them together for ALL Truth, you will know the Truth, and will be set free.

Of course you can see how I reconcile each place you brought out if

You have the Spirit of God you will know am saying the truth on each places I join together without removing it or throwing it away

You can see other places says the same thing and teach the same thing
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:34am On Oct 04, 2021
The perfect love of God has no condition attached to it
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 04, 2021
Yes, once you are saved, you are saved forever. Christ died once and for all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 4:15pm On Oct 04, 2021
StJohnofChrist:
Yes, once you are saved, you are saved forever. Christ died once and for all.

Yes brother
Glory we have more people who understand divinity in Christ
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:27pm On Oct 04, 2021
There is no free will that is outside of God plans no one has a free will which God does not know about

If there was a free will which God did not know about then that means any one can overcome God or over throw God

Wake up and realize everything and all creatures are under God
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2021
We know from Scripture that God is omniscient, which literally means “all-knowing.”

Job 37:16;
Psalm 139:2–4, 147:5;
Proverbs 5:21;
Isaiah 46:9-10; and
1 John 3:19–20

leave no doubt that God’s knowledge is infinite and that He knows everything that has happened in the past, is happening now, and will happen in the future.
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 7:52pm On Oct 04, 2021
When you see how God is good to you

You will automatically want others to experience that same thing

Because of how beautiful it is

1 Like

Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Of course you can see how I reconcile each place you brought out if

You have the Spirit of God you will know am saying the truth on each places I join together without removing it or throwing it away

You can see other places says the same thing and teach the same thing

Once-saved-always-saved is a dangerous doctrine-of-men, a manipulation and a heresy, BK.

It is responsible for the future 2nd deaths of many a false Christian.

Those who are TRULY led by the Holy Spirit know this.

The devil knows the entire Bible... so what ?
He's very smooth, but only misuses the Bible to deceive... and to catch people in never-ending cobwebs of confusion.
And like his followers, the devil also doesn't DO what Jesus teaches, either.

In the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) Christ teaches US what to do.
Jesus never even implies "it will all be done for us by the Holy Spirit if we just believe" or any other such falsehoods people try to claim from other non-Gospel Scriptures like Paul's Letters.

The Holy Spirit is our Counselor and Companion, convicting us of OUR sin (not His), and bringing to our rembrance all things Christ says.

The Holy Spirit is NOT some kind of force that "takes us over", almost moving our arms and legs for us, and doing inner things independently of our own free-will.

Many people use Paul's Letters (and other Scripture) as their cheap excuse to not do what Christ says.

That's not Paul's fault, it's theirs.

A "mangled version of Paul" is NOT the Savior, the Savior is Jesus Christ; and a TRUE reading of Paul supports that.

The other Scriptures must be reconciled to match the Gospels, not the other way around.
And not just SOME Verses, but ALL Verses on a given subject matter.
If we don't keep ALL of what Christ says in our discernments, then we will be lost, plain and simple.

Once again:

The other Scriptures must be reconciled to match the Gospels, not the other way around.
If we don't keep ALL of what Christ says in our discernments, then we will be lost, plain and simple.

This is where the false-discernments-of-men are wrong... they try to put their wishes from their misreadings of non-Gospel Scriptures back on Christ who teaches no such thing.
Or they try to cherry-pick from the Gospels without using ALL Verses from the Gospels.

For sure we are flesh, but also have Spirit, by which we can be Born Again.
For sure, we have the Holy Spirit available to us as our Counselor and Guide.
For sure, we have the free-will choice to repent, forgive, keep God's Commandments, and bear fruit.

Go through the Gospels line-by-line, and see for yourself what Christ teaches people to do.

In fact, Jesus speaks quite clearly says that if we continue in willful sin, He will never know us, and we will be lost to Hell Fire.

He quite clearly teaches that if we (not the Holy Spirit, but we) Love Him, we will keep His Commandments and DO what He says.

For those wishful thinkers who want to think "all you have to do is believe!".... believe in what ? How ? What is the FOUNDATION of their so called "belief" ?

Only by using ALL Verses together can we realize that "belief" has to be backed up by our free-will ACTIONS to do what Christ teaches, driven by Loving God and Jesus more that ourselves.

That's not supposed to scare people, it's simply just a fact, because Christ speaks in both Love and Truth, in full equal measure, just as His Father God does.

One can seem super-religious, BK, quoting a lot of Scripture.

But if they - like the devil also does - mangle that Scripture to go against the Word of Jesus Christ, they will be lost.

For sure, I have learned much more about your version of religion from all you've written, BK.

I know you carry yourself well... but again, so does the Pope, and he's evil.

So carrying oneself well is good, but that's not all there is to it.

I also know you know the Ten Commandments are good, which is good (although you have a non-Biblical, commandment-of-men discernment related to the Fourth Commandment).

But so much of the rest of what you preach goes against the final Word of Jesus Christ.

I only write this post so that others read it, and decide for themselves - hopefully with the aid of the Holy Spirit - which is the true and which is the false.

Again, to anyone out there:

Beware of a lot of false religionists out here in Nairaland... endlessly typing inaccuracies against the Word of Jesus Christ, no matter how "religious" they might seem.

Other Scriptures must be reconciled to match the Gospels of Jesus Christ, not the other way around.
If we don't keep ALL of what Christ says in our discernments, then we will be misled and lost, plain and simple.

I have not made you my enemy, BK, but too often you work against Jesus Christ.
Sadly, you're more Pope-like than I originally thought... seemingly "religious" but still deceitful.
The Lord rebuke all false doctrine, which is sin.
The Lord rebuke all those who push false doctrine... for they will receive greater condemnation if they don't repent.
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

Once-saved-always-saved is a dangerous doctrine-of-men, a manipulation and a heresy , BK.

He's very smooth, but only misuses the Bible to deceive... and to catch people in never-ending cobwebs of confusion.

Jesus never even implies "it will all be done for us by the Holy Spirit if we just believe" or any other such falsehoods people try to claim from other non-Gospel Scriptures like Paul's Letters.

The Holy Spirit is our Counselor and Companion, convicting us of OUR sin (not His), and bringing to our rembrance all things Christ says.

The Holy Spirit is NOT some kind of force that "takes us over", almost moving our arms and legs for us, and doing inner things independently of our own free-will.

Many people use Paul's Letters (and other Scripture) as their cheap excuse to not do what Christ says.

A "mangled version of Paul" is NOT the Savior, the Savior is Jesus Christ; and a TRUE reading of Paul supports that.

[b]The other Scriptures must be reconciled to match the Gospels, not the other way around.
[b]And not just SOME Verses, but ALL Verses on a given subject matter.
[b]If we don't keep ALL of what Christ says in our discernments, then we will be lost, plain and simple.]

Once again:

[b]The other Scriptures must be reconciled to match the Gospels, not the other way around.[
[b]And not just SOME Verses, but ALL Verses on a given subject matter.[
[b]If we don't keep ALL of what Christ says in our discernments, then we will be lost, plain and simple./u]

This is where the false-discernments-of-men are wrong... they try to put their wishes from their misreadings of non-Gospel Scriptures back on Christ who teaches no such thing.
Or they try to cherry-pick from the Gospels without using ALL Verses from the Gospels.

For sure, we have the free-will choice to repent, forgive, keep God's Commandments, and bear fruit.

Go through the Gospels line-by-line, and see for yourself [b]what Christ teaches [u]people
to do[

In fact, Jesus speaks quite clearly says that if we continue in willful sin, He will never know us, and we will be lost to Hell Fire.

He quite clearly teaches that if we (not the Holy Spirit, but we) Love Him, we will keep His Commandments and [b]DO] what He says.

For those wishful thinkers who want to think "all you have to do is believe!".... believe in what ? How ? What is the FOUNDATION of their so called "belief" ?

[b]Only by using ALL Verses together[ can we realize that [b]"belief" has to be backed up by our free-will ACTIONS to do what Christ teaches, driven by Loving God and Jesus more that ourselves.

That's not supposed to scare people, it's simply just a fact, because [b]Christ speaks in both Love and Truth, in full equal measure, just as His Father God does.

But if they - like the devil also does - mangle that Scripture to go against the Word of Jesus Christ, they will be lost.

For sure, I have learned much more about your version of religion from all you've written, BK.

I also know you know the Ten Commandments are good, which is good (although you have a non-Biblical, commandment-of-men discernment related to the Fourth Commandment).

But so much of the rest of what you preach goes against the final Word of Jesus Christ.

I only write this post so that others read it, and decide for themselves - hopefully with the aid of the Holy Spirit - which is the true and which is the false.

Beware of a lot of false religionists out here in Nairaland... endlessly typing inaccuracies against the Word of Jesus Christ, no matter how "religious" they might seem.

[b]Other Scriptures must be reconciled to match the Gospels of Jesus Christ, not the other way around.
[b]And not just SOME Verses, but ALL Verses on a given subject matter.[
[b]If we don't keep ALL of what Christ says in our discernments, then we will be misled and lost, plain and simple.]

Sadly, you're more Pope-like than I originally thought... seemingly "religious" but still deceitful.
The Lord rebuke all those who push false doctrine... for they will receive greater condemnation if they don't repent.
Good day, I hope I find you in good health and peace of mind.

How are you sure of what you say in the bolded, kindly use scriptural references to explain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

You don't have a complete knowledge of God as long as you think you can do something to add to your salvation

And please, BK, stop making false assumptions about me from your prideful heart.

I know you say many things very well... like the "sin no more" explanation above, which I already knew by the Holy Spirit during my Walk with Christ... but it's good for others to read the difference between stumbling here or there with a sin versus a continued lifestyle in sin (or "practicing lawlessness" ).

In fact, this is what I wrote to Max about it in another former post:

-------

Those who Love God and Jesus, and others as themself (i.e. those who obey the Two Most Important Commandments), stop willfully sinning, just like Jesus Christ said ("sin no more" ).

It's not that True Christians don't slip unwillfully in their thoughts; but because they have the Holy Spirit operating in them, they rebuke those thoughts instantly in the name of Jesus Christ and Walk on.

And even less often, True Christians might even unwillfully slip in a word here or there. If so, they are convicted quickly by the Holy Spirit, and apologize to God for it and are forgiven through Jesus Christ, and Walk on.

And even less often than that, True Christians might (rarely) unwillfully slip in a behavior. If so, they are convicted right away by the Holy Spirit, apologize for it, and again, Walk on in forgiveness through Jesus Christ.

It's a Growing Walk, of course.
But as a True Christian keeps Walking with God and Jesus, their thoughts, words, and behaviors will increasingly conform to what Christ wants us to be, and they will stumble less and less often.

In this way, they end up treating others as they want to be treated, not wanting to be sinned against themself.
And they could not possibly do that without the Holy Spirit operating in them.
After all, NO ONE will simply "be good" for long without Loving God and Jesus - and Their Word - more than themselves.
And that includes not sinning anymore (for which knowledge of the Righteous Moral Law of God is a must).

-------

But again, you, BK, said about me: "You don't have a complete knowledge of God as long as you think you can do something to add to your salvation "

Truly, did I ever say that humans can be so righteous without God's Grace to get to Heaven ?

I did not.

I have always spoken the Truth:

God's Part of the New Covenant: Grace.
Our Part of the New Covenant: DOing what Jesus teaches... and yes, the Jesus Christ in the Gospels tell us clearly how to do that.

If we don't DO our part (which is NOT "trying to add to one's Salvation", but merely DOing what Jesus teaches), then we break the Covenant, thereby rejecting God's Grace as well.

That's just simple fact - God has a part and we have a part in the relationship defined by the Covenant.

The fact that we have a part shouldn't be falsely assumed to be thinking a person is trying to "add to their salvation"... that's very sly and devious, and also breaks the 9th Commandment.

In fact, knowing we have a part is merely listening to Jesus Christ, Who tells us exactly what our part is.

Would you accuse Jesus Christ of "trying to add to our Salvation" ?

You'd better not, for your sake.

That's why the false doctrines of once-saved-always-saved, saved-by-grace (used as a license to continue in willful sin), and other other false doctrines are evil... and very, very sly, just like the devil himself... because they don't tell people the whole Truth, nor do they keep ALL of what Jesus says (which Jesus also teaches us to do in the Great Commission... "teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you" ). False preachers cherry-pick and ignore and twist, to the their own destruction, and the the destruction of others.

I know you might not see it that way, but others who read this might, and that's good.

I'm clean in front of God and Jesus on this matter.

Again... I don't hate you (although you said that I do in a post above, another false assumption)... but I hate false doctrine that leads people away from what Christ actually teaches. (Hate the sin, not the sinner.)

One cannot continue to do this kind of stuff, though, without it ending badly for them... slightly mangling Scripture a little here and a little there, and making false assumptions about those trying* to do their part to Walk right according to what Jesus Himself teaches people to do.

* One would think from the false doctrine you're promoting that "trying to do one's part" is not something a Christian is allowed to do.
But only the devil wants us to avoid the teachings of Jesus Christ... the One Who commands us what to... DO.

Again, you, BK, speak much right; but you slip deceits in among it.

Just like the Catholic church... they'll draw you in with 60% Truth so they can spread their 40% lies among it.

It's subtle, sly, and very evil.

I'm sorry I have to the one to tell you that, BK, but it is.

Anyway... on a different note, are you really a "bishop" ?
If so, which "church" ?
Do you use that title in your username for a particular reason ?
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:48pm On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

Once-saved-always-saved is a dangerous doctrine-of-men, a manipulation and a heresy, BK.

Once again:

Go through the Gospels line-by-line, and see for yourself what Christ teaches people to do.

He quite clearly teaches that if we (not the Holy Spirit, but we) Love Him, we will keep His Commandments and DO what He says.

Only by using ALL Verses together can we realize that "belief" has to be backed up by our free-will ACTIONS to do what Christ teaches, driven by Loving God and Jesus more that ourselves.

That's not supposed to scare people, it's simply just a fact, because Christ speaks in both Love and Truth, in full equal measure, just as His Father God does.

Other Scriptures must be reconciled to match the Gospels of Jesus Christ, not the other way around.
If we don't keep ALL of what Christ says in our discernments, then we will be misled and lost, plain and simple.

Nothing you say here is in the Bible

You always use sense to define God and his word that is why you don't believe Jesus is God

I bet you don't know holy spirit is God too

Which church do you attend because only cults refuse to accept Jesus is God Almighty and they don't even know who the holy spirit is

I know you don't believe in speaking in tongues because you have never experienced the power of God

Bring scriptures to back up your beliefs instead of assuming with your mind

The other scriptures you brought out I explained all I did not say throw this out

Yet you harden your heart

If I have not seen things in the spiritual realm I won't open my mouth to declare God

I know what I say and I know God very well try to bring Bible verses that Satan used to lie to you to think you are the one in control

That Jesus is not God that he is just like God
What type of lie did they tell you as you grew up

Until you actually bring a Bible verse that says God is not in control that your free will is in your hands that God does not know about it and you are the one who owns it then I will believe you

That is exactly what devil told eve Satan told her look you are going to be like God you can control yourself you can decide for yourself you don't need to listen to God God does not need to lead you that almost the type of thing devil told her before she broke the law

You are doing the same thing instead of trusting God is in charge you refuse to believe it

I bet you have not given your life to Jesus because if you have you will know it means giving your will to him that only when God takes over you Jesus said it we all must be a slave to someone that is to show you it who you belong to he is the one who controls you but I guess you did not understand what Jesus means a slave has no choice but to do the masters will I hope you know that too

Since you have no Bible place to support your lack of unbelieve I can see your not ready to bow to God at the end you will still bow down to Jesus and declare he is God
Re: ⚫⚫ Once you are Saved then you are saved forever for all Eternity by Bishopkingsley(m): 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2021
awitness41:

I bet you you did not read all the things I wrote down because you have it in your mind that God does not control you and can not control you because you have an independent free will

They told you that God does not know what your free will will do because you are so wise and powerful to hide it

They told you that God does not know the future until when you die before he can know it

All the lies they told you or you told yourself will be brought down one by one until you acknowledge he is God Almighty

The omnipresent omniscience the one who knows all things

You actually don't respect God because you think you are wiser than God that God can not make a good decision for you

You think God has no right to tell you what to do and how your life should end up that is your problem with this once saved principles

You are still free to come and explain what Jesus meant when he said

WITHOUT ME YOU CAN DO NOTHING

Question 1
Come and explain that come tell me if Jesus said well without me you can not do somethings... awitness41 explain what without me you can do nothing means?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Comedian Collapses On Stage & Fractures Skull A Few Seconds After Mocking Jesus / Where Did Cain Get His Wife? / The Four-legged Flying Insect Bible(leviticus 11:20-23).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 256
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.