Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,331 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition (21066 Views)

Why I Rejected Rolls Royce Gift — Pastor Bakare / Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Pastor Bakare Attacks Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by enyojo(f): 4:54pm On May 07, 2011
[size=19pt]FOR IT TO MAKE THE FRONT PAGE, IT MUST JUST BE ANTI-BB.
IF SOME HAUSA ARCHITECTS RUN AWAY FROM ARC SAMBO'S ARCITECTURAL FIRM FOR SUPPORTING A 'SOUTHERNER', THAT DOESNT MAKE NEWS NOT TO TALK OF FRONTPAGE.
IF SOME MEMBERS WHO BELIEVE POLITICS SHOULD BE LEFT TO THE UNGODLY AND SINNERS DECIDED TO LEAVE BAKARE'S CHURCH FOR TEAMING UP WITH 'A MOSLEM FUNDAMENTALIST' THEN IT BECOMES A FRONTPAGE MATERIAL. [/size]
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by UyiIredia(m): 4:59pm On May 07, 2011
I happen to be part of the people causing this unrest. We have made up our minds that Bakare's head must be cut off
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by OAM4J: 5:03pm On May 07, 2011
What more can I say.

No Pastor need such followers in his church anyway, Bakare should be happier for it, now he knows those who truly believe in his message.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by tampa1871: 5:03pm On May 07, 2011
Why would you want to invite wrath and curse on yourself and your generations through your wicked heart, you better repent be4 the wrath of God is poured out upon you.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by gabreel: 5:11pm On May 07, 2011
h shocked shocked sad angry grin leave the judgement for God . he is anointed servant of God. so should not be badly judge by anybody .
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Rhino5dm: 5:18pm On May 07, 2011
So am cursed abi? No sir! Am not going to rot in hell. Just open you eyes widely to understand those men are using God's name to promote their brand. They represent mordern 419 in a more coded way.

What will Jesus christ do?

Open a university with his deciples money and stop their chiildren from attending it?

Buy more jets and threaten people to pay tithes while some good numbers of congregation can't feed themselves?

Wear designer suits,shoes, fry his hair and use bullet proof jeeps while that money could better the lives of his followers?

Preach bible out of context to satisfy personal ego and greed?

Forcefully collect birthday gift from his congregations?

Habour thieves and lying politician?

Force his congregation to build mansion for him and insult their faith when the mouth watering miracles he promise the did not come to pass?

Dude in my book, those are the attributes of Anti-christ whom christ himself ask us to watch out for.

Look i can confidently tell you that christ is proud of me for coming out to point fraud and warn the further fleecing of more victims.

My name will be among the first list at the gate of heaven cheesy cheesy while majority of these men(and their blind followers) shall rot in the LAKE Of FIRE. Trust me.

tampa1871:

Seek for your own forgiveness. Those people i mention are all fraud. Miracle for sale buncha of thieves.
Anyday Bakare is far more honest.

Quote from: bodija on Today at 11:13:17 AM
Rhino.5dm    
  Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition
« #16 on: Today at 07:53:15 AM »

^^ He is far more honest than that pathetic frying his head.

I will always respect than those thieves buying jets and building structures with the money they scoop out of gullible congregations.

If pastor Bakare is of the devil. What will you called the eediot praying for James Ibori?  or collecting tithe from cecilia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola? Building university with his congregation money and deny them access?

I my book, Tunde bakare is by far more honest than these thieves
(chris, Adeboye, oyedapo,Ashimolawo and kumuyi. . .)

Rhino.5dm
May be almighty God forgive you of your saying

All these people you mentioned has left an enduring mark in the sand of time, they have affected their gneration far better than your thieving politicians. In your own case, you have no basis for the insults you are hurling at them. If you do not accept forgiveness bing oferred, you will surely rot in hell.

tampa1871:

Seek for your own forgiveness. Those people i mention are all fraud. Miracle for sale buncha of thieves.
Anyday Bakare is far more honest.

Quote from: bodija on Today at 11:13:17 AM
Rhino.5dm    
  Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition
« #16 on: Today at 07:53:15 AM »

I will always respect than those thieves buying jets and building structures with the money they scoop out of gullible congregations.

If pastor Bakare is of the devil. What will you called the eediot praying for James Ibori?  or collecting tithe from cecilia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola? Building university with his congregation money and deny them access?

Rhino.5dm
May be almighty God forgive you of your saying

All these people you mentioned has left an enduring mark in the sand of time, they have affected their gneration far better than your thieving politicians. In your own case, you have no basis for the insults you are hurling at them. If you do not accept forgiveness bing oferred, you will surely rot in hell.

Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by 10cirenoh: 5:22pm On May 07, 2011
Uyi Iredia:

I happen to be part of the people causing this unrest. We have made up our minds that Bakare's head must be cut off

So you wanted to know if he was going to win before showing your true color? who cares if he says something, you expect him to say what?

Don't you know that it's God who's got the absolute right to pick who worships him? if you like go, if you like stay, you aren't doing it for him but for yourself.

And to think you opened that big mouth to say his head must be cut off, i hope you know the gravity of that statement? when things start getting bad, please leave your relatives in the village out of it abeg ok?
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by dvd(f): 5:26pm On May 07, 2011
@ Rhino.5dm , I can only feel pity n sorry for you, u obviously don't knw what u are doing, May God forgive you. @ least the Pastors u mentioned are making positive impact in the lives of thousands n millions, U; What have u achieved and done? Smh again and again.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Limaoscar: 5:32pm On May 07, 2011

If pastor Bakare is of the devil. What will you called the eediot praying for James Ibori?  or collecting tithe from cecilia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola? Building university with his congregation money and deny them access?

I dey wonder How dem keep yansh born people like you sef embarassed shocked

You don't sound like you appreciate the gift of waking up with some air in your lungs and breathe in your nostrils , it's called life (by the Grace of God) do you?
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by 10cirenoh: 5:40pm On May 07, 2011
@Rhino

Abeg no mind dem jor, whatever you say now, you're only answerable to God, same goes with those rebuking you.

God is the only TRUE judge over us all!
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Rhino5dm: 5:50pm On May 07, 2011
Osama bin laden inspire alot of people to the extent of suicide bombing. So many people feel he is a hero and regard him as HOLY.

Those men can't even do a jack to me cos i know they are fraud. Tunde bakare was able to come head on with the 'devil', maitain his ground and came out victorious.

Look no man can kill my body and my soul. Take your empty threat to the gullibles.

dvd:

@ Rhino.5dm , I can only feel pity n sorry for you, u obviously don't knw what u are doing, May God forgive you. @ least the Pastors u mentioned are making positive impact in the lives of thousands n millions, U; What have u achieved and done? Smh again and again.
dvd:

Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Rhino5dm: 5:56pm On May 07, 2011
Thanx bruv! God is our protector cheesy
I know they will come for my head.
No shaking! Nothing they Happen cheesy cheesy

10cirenoh:

@Rhino

Abeg no mind dem jor, whatever you say now, you're only answerable to God, same goes with those rebuking you.

God is the only TRUE judge over us all!
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by 10cirenoh: 5:59pm On May 07, 2011
^^^

No one can come for yourhead, what have you said that is new? most of us know that most of the people on your list are modernized criminals exploiting people in God's name, so who cares what they think about what you said?
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by tantayu(m): 6:40pm On May 07, 2011
So many babalawos and juju men/women on this thread pretending to be Christians. Can you imagine a child of God threatening another child of God. They will even "speak into your destiny and i assure you that no 'devil' will be able to reverse it,i know you will be stubborn and still rant but you will only get a 24hours grace and nothing more"

Wonders as they say shall never end.

@Bossinie, what role are you leaving for the ULTIMATE JUDGE since you have now chosen to usurp his position?
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by sweet9ja: 7:05pm On May 07, 2011
@ all, who are these "men of God" anyway. Who made them "men of God".

Nigerians should better go back to their roots, back to our ancestorial believes.

Stop these nonsense; this Christian/muslim thing.

We are Africans and not Arabs or Europeans.

We are brothers and sisters, we are one. Religion will only continue to divide us.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by obelisk(m): 7:10pm On May 07, 2011
yeah, who cares? maybe NICON

grin
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Dellmor: 8:22pm On May 07, 2011
What is wrong wit dis news? Why ar people abusing dis Seun & saying d story is useless? Don't u think people who had high regard 4 Bakare's church members wud want 2 no if dey ar unreasonable enuff 2 still remain in his Church & listen 2 his preachings after wat he did? The character of a man is not TRULY known by his utterances but by his actions! Using common sense, is it right 4 a PASTOR 2 make strong bonds with an Islamic extremist & stounch SHARIA supporter(that Buhari), eh? And some ar saying, "Bakare is a man of God oh, u people shud not talk bad about him or else, " Or else what!? Nonsense!!! Ar we all 2 continue 2 pretend & hide d truth? Who is he dat he should b so GREATLY feared. He is JUST a human being like d rest of us! Only God deserves to b feared greatly. By d way if it was TRULY God's will that he(Bakare) contest, wudn't he hav won. Who on earth can stop d will of God 4rm coming 2 pass? Let us start seeing things as dey ar & stop lying 2 ourselves.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 07, 2011
Extremist Christians in their elements
Bunch of brainwashed critters!

tantayu:

So many babalawos and juju men/women on this thread pretending to be Christians. Can you imagine a child of God threatening another child of God. They will even "speak into your destiny and i assure you that no 'devil' will be able to reverse it,i know you will be stubborn and still rant but you will only get a 24hours grace and nothing more"

Wonders as they say shall never end.

@Bossinie, what role are you leaving for the ULTIMATE JUDGE since you have now chosen to usurp his position?
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by InHim4Him(m): 8:37pm On May 07, 2011
City People or Rural hawks, it is surprising shocked that anyone should continue to follow  embarassed the likes of Tunde Bakare  cry. Anyway each man will give account of himself to God from whom also each man will receive a reward.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Rhino5dm: 8:38pm On May 07, 2011
. . .And you register new ID to spew this thrash. lol

Dellmor:

What is wrong wit dis news? Why ar people abusing dis Seun & saying d story is useless? Don't u think people who had high regard 4 Bakare's church members wud want 2 no if dey ar unreasonable enuff 2 still remain in his Church & listen 2 his preachings after wat he did? The character of a man is not TRULY known by his utterances but by his actions! Using common sense, is it right 4 a PASTOR 2 make strong bonds with an Islamic extremist & stounch SHARIA supporter(that Buhari), eh? And some ar saying, "Bakare is a man of God oh, u people shud not talk bad about him or else, " Or else what!? Nonsense!!! Ar we all 2 continue 2 pretend & hide d truth? Who is he dat he should b so GREATLY feared. He is JUST a human being like d rest of us! Only God deserves to b feared greatly. By d way if it was TRULY God's will that he(Bakare) contest, wudn't he hav won. Who on earth can stop d will of God 4rm coming 2 pass? Let us start seeing things as dey ar & stop lying 2 ourselves.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by bidemi12(m): 9:01pm On May 07, 2011
AGAIN!!!

That people are worshiping there in the first place is a mystery to me. . . . . . . . .fake pastor. He can't even see his own future (prophecy) then how the hell will he be able to see Nigeria's. Anyway, the only reason Nigerians are so religious is because of poverty. when there is so much hunger, fear of the unknown and decay you have no choice but to rely on a higher power to take care of you and these baaastards know it. Thank God he lost. i wonder what would have become of Nigeria if they had won. An islamic extremist and a fake pastor; what a combination. At least we know with PDP we are going to hell slowly, but with BUHARI/BAKARE we would get there with the speed of light.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 07, 2011
bidemi12:

AGAIN!!!

That people are worshiping there in the first place is a mystery to me. . . . . . . . .fake pastor. He can't even see his own future (prophecy) then how the hell will he be able to see Nigeria's. Anyway, the only reason Nigerians are so religious is because of poverty. when there is so much hunger, fear of the unknown and decay you have no choice but to rely on a higher power to take care of you and these baaastards know it. Thank God he lost. i wonder what would have become of Nigeria if they had won. An islamic extremist and a fake pastor; what a combination. At least we know with PDP we are going to hell slowly, but with BUHARI/BAKARE we would get there with the speed of light.

Nigerians are just lost.

Imagine another one kain pastor who asks for n10k for entrance, own millions of dollar worth church and 4 jets, yet they still treat him as the second Jesus. Sorry to say, Nigerians are lost.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Aderupoko2: 9:22pm On May 07, 2011
If he has derailed,its not for you to condemn because you didn't anoint him Pastor anyway. City People news are usually for the gullible cheesy cheesy cheesy.If anybody leaves his church,so whats news?People come and people go shoogrin grin grin
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 07, 2011
I don't see anybody castigating those speaking against Tunde Bakare. Who are the unbelievers ? Muslims , Christians or Pagans ?. What is your belief ?. Are we God to decide who is holy , righteous or not. What is different from Bakare , Adeboye , Kumuyi , Oyedepo or Ashimolowo and more importantly who are we to judge any of them.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Rhino5dm: 10:02pm On May 07, 2011
Very fundamental!

apocalypse:

I don't see anybody castigating those speaking against Tunde Bakare. Who are the unbelievers ? Muslims , Christians or Pagans ?. What is your belief ?. Are we God to decide who is holy , righteous or not. What is different from Bakare , Adeboye , Kumuyi , Oyedepo or Ashimolowo and more importantly who are we to judge any of them.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by 1025: 11:31pm On May 07, 2011
it is shameful that we make mockery of those who are not responsible for our backwardness and end up praising those responsible for all the backwardness in this God forsaken country.
sometimes, i wonder where our hopes of changing this system will come from.
we are just one useless set of ppl.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by bidemi12(m): 12:47am On May 08, 2011
apocalypse:

Ol'boy i am talking about his character perse. i cannot stand anyone who talks with both sides of his mouth. he talks about humility but lives flamboyantly. critisizes buhari and does a u-turn to run with him. claims to see the future of others but cannot see his own. my guy, the list goes on and on.
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by reindeer: 1:13am On May 08, 2011
Tunde Bakare for me represents what a man of God is supposed to be
not just sitting in the church collecting tithes and organising big crusades to make money.
He is not ashamed to speak the truth he believes in,he stands head and shoulder above most of the other lot
I am just realising that many other christians in Lagos didnt vote for him not because of Buhari as they claimed but because he has criticised their leaders before, he criticised people just buying jets with people's money, hair perming and being cozy with thieves.
Imagine if all other influential(they only are because people are just gullible) ''men of God'' can boldy come out to castigate societal ills , how much better will the country be?
Please leave Tunde Bakare alone, he will forever have my respect as opposed to those just sitting on their bums doing nothing, just comfortable collecting money for their own selfish gains. If i was in Nigeria, honestly i will seek out and start attending his church.
God bless Tunde Bakare
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Rhino5dm: 1:16am On May 08, 2011
^^A direct bang on topic!
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by canadaik(m): 1:32am On May 08, 2011
well, it's a two way situation in my thinking, pst. bakare wants the best for his country but maybe in his passion for that goal, he pursued it wrongly, wisdom and balance was lacking there,
embarassed
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by bidemi12(m): 1:49am On May 08, 2011
canadaik:

well, it's a two way situation in my thinking, pst. bakare wants the best for his country but maybe in his passion for that goal, he pursued it wrongly, wisdom and balance was lacking there,
embarassed

Yeah, wisdom and balance were lacking but he had an overwhelming infussion of pride. And you know what happens before a fall. . . . .
Re: Members Leave Latter Rain Church Over Pastor Bakare’s Failed Political Ambition by Drlumi: 2:05am On May 08, 2011
reindeer:

Tunde Bakare for me represents what a man of God is supposed to be
not just sitting in the church collecting tithes and organising big crusades to make money.
He is not ashamed to speak the truth he believes in,he stands head and shoulder above most of the other lot
I am just realising that many other christians in Lagos didnt vote for him not because of Buhari as they claimed but because he has criticised their leaders before, he criticised people just buying jets with people's money, hair perming and being cozy with thieves.
Imagine if all other influential(they only are because people are just gullible) ''men of God'' can boldy come out to castigate societal ills , how much better will the country be?
Please leave Tunde Bakare alone, he will forever have my respect as opposed to those just sitting on their bums doing nothing, just comfortable collecting money for their own selfish gains. If i was in Nigeria, honestly i will seek out and start attending his church.
God bless Tunde Bakare

I agree with you.

All those people who are posting rubbish here on Nairaland: where were they when Bakare was marching to free Nigerians from the bondage of the Turai Yaradua? At that time, he was the hero because it looked like what they wanted. It hasn't occurred to most people that while Bakare took a practical step then, many other pastors were "praying".

When Bakare stood up to people like Abacha and Obasanjo, where were they? When his life was in danger, where were all these people?

At least, Bakare has proven that he loves his country. I can't say the same for the people who sit in the comfort of their homes and post insults.

It is not a crime to try something and fail. In fact, the person who tried it unsuccessfully is better off than the one who did nothing.

So, you can sit in your house and turn your laptop into an insult machine. It wouldn't be odd, anyway. Even Jesus rode into the city as a hero. The very next day, the crowd that cheered him was asking for his head. It was then they now remembered that he had said before that he would pull down the temple. . .

The moral of the story is: IF YOU'VE NOT SUCCEEDED WHERE A PERSON HAS FAILED, YOU HAVE NOT EARNED THE RIGHT TO TALK. IF YOU CAN'T BEAT HIS ACHIEVEMENTS OR HIS PASSION, SHUT UP!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is it right to pray "Holy Ghost, Fire!" Against Enemies? / My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection / Should A Christian Sell Condoms And Viagra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.