Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,233 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport (22894 Views)

Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage / Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims / Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by member479760: 6:51am On May 09, 2011
no good road, no water supply, no standard hospital, very few good schools, no electricity, no enough housing to mention few yet the bukuru-man lawyer indeed say the only issue at hand is second international airport. Ok, go ahead make yourself becomerich. na only grammer dey sapi talk.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Bawss1(m): 7:07am On May 09, 2011
^ Apparently you didn't read any of the posts here, especially ekt_bear and eko ile's. Your post is what I describe as shallow thinking.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 7:19am On May 09, 2011
^^^ Did you yourself bother reading the other posts and maybe stepped back a bit to consider that since we now have 4 years of reports to show us a great deal of the results of what we have been working on, if continuing on the current path is in the best interest of ALL in the state, and not just the few that benefit?
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by kuntash: 7:50am On May 09, 2011
, so, its only Airport that can Generate funds jobs , boosts commence bla bla bla? ? you mean 100billion cant be channeled to something else to boost the living standard of average Lagosian?

How many Lagosian work and use the Airports? what necessitated the airport idea?

rubbish! !!! few decision makers are at work to decide what would benefit them, and some folks are talking jazz about employment and commerce only via airport for the now, Rubbish.

Just the way Kaduna refinery was a misguided project! 100% for political reasons,

If I were Fashola, I would play back most of the comments made against his administration by the candidates of the other parties during the the last debates and campaigns etc, THOSE ARE THE REAL ISSUES ON GROUND .

let the ordinary lagosian feel A BALANCED pulse of the govt in every area, and NOT 90% TO THE ELITES AND THOSE THAT DECIDES THE GOVT, and 5% to the ordinary lagosian and 5% goes to the invisible
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Bawss1(m): 7:54am On May 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ Did you yourself bother reading the other posts and maybe stepped back a bit to consider that since we now have 4 years of reports to show us a great deal of the results of what we have been working on, if continuing on the current path is in the best interest of ALL in the state, and not just the few that benefit?

The path embarked by the Lagos state government is not going to yield immediate fruits the very next day but in the long term its their best bet. Would you rather that the government not embark on projects like this? People complain that attention is not being paid to the basic necessities with such projects but they are silent on how sustainable funds can be generated to cater for the said necessities.

Yeah I have taken a moment to consider and this still is the way to go if you ask me. cheesy
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by ektbear: 7:59am On May 09, 2011
Kobojunkie would have opposed Jakande's metroline too undecided In fact, for all we know she was one of Buhari's loyalists who rooted for it be canceled  wink

Imagine what Lagos would look like today if that project had happened? How much stronger would Lagos be?

I am glad Lagos State's government doesn't lack foresight.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by dplordx(m): 8:00am On May 09, 2011
[b]@Kobojunkie

we dont need to be more divisive about this. the airport project has gotta stay, as much as I think BRF is a confused soul who overwhelms himself with projects that doesnt actually hit it with the voters. but a true leader has gotta make some vital sacrifice and get the critics to have a field day once a while.

@BRF defenders

so you know, most of the neglected people in Kosofe where I stay are totally neglected by BRF administration during his first term. He did nothing here besides planting some flowers along our federal road. on election day, i had my entire family go vote for brf while my boss who live in Ajah felt I was insulting him when I asked whether hes voting or not. Same with his partners. Re-electing BRF in was accomplished by the poor, and not these Lekki denizens. BRF needs to focus more on the poor, and respect those who despite not benefiting nothing from his four years rule still have so much faith in him. I hope he's not another river who forgets his origin. Eko oni baje o.[/b]
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 8:05am On May 09, 2011
Bawss1:

The path embarked by the Lagos state government is not going to yield immediate fruits the very next day but in the long term its their best bet. Would you rather that the government not embark on projects like this? People complain that attention is not being paid to the basic necessities with such projects but they are silent on how sustainable funds can be generated to cater for the said necessities.

Yeah I have taken a moment to consider and this still is the way to go if you ask me. cheesy

Yet again, you did not answer the question -- maybe it was my mistake since I typed that earlier when I was dozing off.

4 years ago, when this project, and many others were suggested, we argued and debated the need for such a huge investment on the part of the Government( Yes, it is PPP but the Government is also reportedly investing about a Billion dollars into the LTZ project it seems). Many, including myself wondered why the Government would not ALSO invest just as much or even half of that amount(the state gets allocations each month -- essentially free money it can use for causes that will benefit the people NOW to prepare them for this wonderful future it continues to preach of) into, say HealthCare, EDUCATION, to educate and help the people DEVELOP alongside these wonderful big-money projects.

It is 4 years later, Education system is still not too far from where it was 4 years ago -- many of the new wonderful jobs continue to go to expatriates(only three months ago, 5 families/people from here, that I know of, shipped out to their new high paying jobs in Lagos,Nigeria working on Government projects). The Question to you is, after considering what we know today of the wonderfuls that were started yesterday, is it really a WONDEFUL idea to have people wait another 10 years, for this new BIG projects -- 10 years, they will likely not spend bettering themselves since there does not seem to be equally big plans to improve on and educate them now?
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by kuntash: 8:06am On May 09, 2011
dplordx:

so you know, most of the neglected people in Kosofe where I stay are totally neglected by BRF administration during his first term. He did nothing here besides planting some flowers along our federal road. on election day, i had my entire family go vote for brf while my boss who live in Ajah felt I was insulting him when I asked whether hes voting or not. Same with his partners. Re-electing BRF in was accomplished by the poor, and not these Lekki denizens. BRF needs to focus more on the poor, and respect those who despite not benefiting nothing from his four years rule still have so much faith in him. I hope he's not another river who forgets his origin. Eko oni baje o.

^^^ IT SHALL BE WELL WITH YOU
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 8:08am On May 09, 2011
dplordx:

[b]@Kobojunkie

we dont need to be more divisive about this. the airport project has gotta stay, as much as I think BRF is a confused soul who overwhelms himself with projects that doesnt actually hit it with the voters. but a true leader has gotta make some vital sacrifice and get the critics to have a field day once a while.

My first question to you would be for you to SHOW me exactly what line of my post suggests I AM AGAINST AN AIRPORT? I am not against AIRPORTS . . .

heren't you a BRF-Supporter yourself only some months back?

If you did not know this before now, the decision for Government to inject the funds came about 2 years ago -- look in the nairaland archives for the debate on that one. This is just a rehash, I believe.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 8:24am On May 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

Kobojunkie would have opposed Jakande's metroline too undecided In fact, for all we know she was one of Buhari's loyalists who rooted for it be canceled  wink

Imagine what Lagos would look like today if that project had happened? How much stronger would Lagos be?

I am glad Lagos State's government doesn't lack foresight.

If you cannot stand having people who do not see things the way you do, post responses in the forum . . .it would probably be best you stay clear of the forum or risk being seen as yet another ignorant nin_com_poop like many on here! You will definitely have lots of company for sure.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by ektbear: 8:27am On May 09, 2011
^-- Hehe. I was just messing with you Kobo, relax smiley Just a playful jab.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by opalu: 8:43am On May 09, 2011
The airport is very critical to Nigeria's development
For all I care, doing Intra-national business (between ourselves) is not going to increase our National networth.
For instance a family doesnt get richer by selling things to each other within the family. But when they engage outsiders, money comes to them.
The kind of Airport Fashola is envisaging will be the take-off point for all International transactions.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 8:50am On May 09, 2011
opalu:

For all I care, doing Intra-national business (between ourselves) is not going to increase our National networth.
For instance a family doesnt get richer by selling things to each other within the family. But when they engage outsiders, money comes to them.
The kind of Airport Fashola is envisaging will be the take-off point for all International transactions.

I disagree with the statement in bold. As it is, we import almost 98% of what we consume in the country. If we instead did business with other states, invested in IMPROVING OUR LOCAL LABOR FORCE, we would probably import less and increase export value, and in the end net worth. But since we seem to want the investments but spend little resources actually improving local labor and system, we end up exporting so much of our worth at the end of the day.

We need to take a toke from such countries like china that spent so much of its early developmental years educating and equipping its work force with skills to compete on the global level. Today that country ranks really high in the area of skills acquisition, education, and also manufacturing. None of that AUTOMAGICALLY happens.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by enyojo(f): 8:50am On May 09, 2011
opalu:

I think you have a great point there.

As for those saying the Airport should be Located in Ikorodu, they got it all wrong.
In a Mega-City that Lagos is already assuming, you don't distribute everything to everywhere. What I mean is that you must specialize areas: Industrial, Residential, Agricultural etc. If you locate a Trade zone at lekki, you must shorten the transportation costs for its operators by locating the Airport in that axis. Beside the risk of living in Lagos would be hightened if you make more traillers pass from Lekki to Ikorodu.

An airport of this calibre will increase employment seriously. Why? This Airport is a stimulus that will make those Heavy Investors pump their idle wealth into Lagos. Ofcourse, why on earth should I put my money when a Government is not willing to stake theirs for an Infrastructure of this calibre? Building this will display how committed they really are
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by fatherab1: 8:59am On May 09, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I disagree with the statement in bold. As it is, we import almost 98% of what we consume in the country. If we instead did business with other states, invested in IMPROVING OUR LOCAL LABOR FORCE, we would probably import less and increase export value, and in the end net worth. But since we seem to want the investments but spend little resources actually improving local labor and system, we end up exporting so much of our worth at the end of the day.

We need to take a toke from such countries like china that spent so much of its early developmental years educating and equipping its work force with skills to compete on the global level. Today that country ranks really high in the area of skills acquisition, education, and also manufacturing. None of that AUTOMAGICALLY happens.

Koboj, you are right except that Lagos is not just building the airport for feeding the other parts of Nigeria with consumer goods and products. On the issue of equipping the local labour force, that itself does not take place in isolation. On-job trainings gave chinese workers the skills you refered to. Dont forget that millions are waiting eagerly in the labour market
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 9:10am On May 09, 2011
father ab:

Koboj, you are right except that Lagos is not just building the airport for feeding the other parts of Nigeria with consumer goods and products.
My response to @Okpaku's post cannot be read the way you seem to have. My response was mainly to his claim that no country can improve it's net worth by dealing mainly with intra-national vs international partners.

Regardless of what the airport will be used for, it remains that it will not arrive in the next 4 to 10 years for the masses. In 2007, the government came in with promises of equally huge projects to supposedly save the people of Lagos from their situation. 4 years later, I think it makes sense to see at this point that it is necessary for the government to take the people along, as it develops the state.
father ab:

On the issue of equipping the local labour force, that itself does not take place in isolation. On-job trainings gave chineses workers the skills you refered to.

In the case of Lagos, the state still has a largely unskilled work force --- essentially, many of the jobs still go to expatriates and foreigners but not many of the local people -- except you look in the area of service(low paying). Local investments into education, and into improving the lives of the people by greatly equipping them with, not just menial skills, but marketable skills - skills that will help them compete at a higher level, will go a long way in ensuring that when the airport and big projects arrive, the jobs will not have to go to foreigners and imports but to the local people.

Much of the training in China took place in Isolation by the way -- the state sponsored thousands of students back in the early years. Many of them were flown abroad to acquire skills and expertise. On the job training is necessary, but it should not be the only form of training a person, any person waits to get, to educate self. Managerial jobs, and other high paying jobs require candidates have some base skills at time of employment, and these skills need to be taught somehow. What happened in China ought to be an example for us. As soon as investors realized that they had a skilled and cheap workforce, the Chinese Government didn't have to labor much to get them in. Why do you think many of these companies, even those that claim to be anti-china's human right's record, remain in China? Many because they know the value of what china offers them . . mostly an already skilled labour force they can easily take advantage of without needing to retrain etc.

will edit for mistakes when I wake up
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by liquid7: 9:15am On May 09, 2011
people make me laugh saying $700m will not solve the other critical problems.let me put it another way ,it is $700m that will not be spent on roads,hospitals,electricity and schools .Even if it does not solve the problem ,it will help start solving the problem.

As for investment ,it means some folks have zero knowledge of what attracts multi billion cooperations to a country.Firstly,no company will like to build  a factory which has crappy roads and poor rail system because it means slow and expensive delivery of goods .Same goes for electricity.Ever heard of a Ford plant running generators?No its way too expensive .If anything they try find a country which has cheaper electricity cost ,talk less of a country with regular  electricity outrage and forced to use generators.

Companies look for a country with a solid and transparent buisness and tax plan.Nigeria has none of that and bribery is needed due to the corrupt system.works great for oil companies since they can bribe their way from oil spillage and health/safety issues.Not so great for services/manufacturers.Remember virgin ?Remember sky?Both pulled out of nigeria because of this.

Health.Well when nigerian average life span is 47 thats a shame to say the least.

It will take a huge amount of investment to sort this problems and $650m will certainly help that.

Building a airport means jack to any company if other factors are not desirable.Point to one multi billion company that said they will not come to nigeria because they thought MM was inadequate?

Also some pointing out that it will enhance goods and services .Well if thats a problem for cargo planes not having enough slots to land in MM(which its not because i never heard of any cargo company complaining they cannot get a landing slot due to congestion ) then simply build a new cargo terminal and additional runway.

Also in a country with good roads and rail they can move goods much quicker anyhow so a airport 50 miles from another is insignificant.

Jobs?I can assure you there are many better ways to create jobs.Also if MM is been mismanaged what makes people think after building a lekki airport it will not end up the same way.

For a country with one of the worst health care system and hospitals i ever seen ,it amazes me a $650m airport is whats needed.And i have even visited ghanian hospitals and though not euro/US standard are miles ahead of nigeria.You cannot even get a stenting done in Nigeria! you have to go to ghana ,if you don't die trying to get there first!

Long term planning = airport?That is why Nigeria is a failed country .
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Nobody: 9:25am On May 09, 2011
Long term thinking is what is required. The airport is a example of forward thinking.Try to extrapolate 10, 20 years into the future, when that whole area is well developed, and is home to thriving industries.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by ektbear: 9:26am On May 09, 2011
liquid7:

Same goes for electricity.Ever heard of a Ford plant running generators?No its way too expensive .If anything they try find a country which has cheaper electricity cost ,talk less of a country with regular  electricity outrage and forced to use generators.

I don't think any of these new major guys investing in manufacturing in Lagos/Ogun area are using diesel to generate electricity.

Take a look at how Nestle is doing it for example:

To further underline its strong commitment to Nigerian economy, Osunkeye said since 2009, Nestle has invested N42 billion in massive infrastructural upgrades at Agbara factory, adding that one of the significant infrastructural upgrades in the actory was the Tri-generation Power Plant.

The new facility would ensure efficient use of energy in the firm’s manufacturing operations.

The new plant will generate power, produce chilled water and hot water, increase energy efficiency from 42 to 74 per cent and reduce Co2 emissions by 5,000 tonnes per year.
http://www.compassnewspaper.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5127:-nestle-records-n827b-turnover-opens-n36b-tri-generation-plant&catid=37:general-news&Itemid=607

Manufacturing firms are just generating their own electricity from natural gas. This is cheaper than diesel. . . and cheap enough to compete with anyone in the world.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by liquid7: 9:32am On May 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

I don't think any of these new major guys investing in manufacturing in Lagos/Ogun area are using diesel to generate electricity.

Take a look at how Nestle is doing it for example:
http://www.compassnewspaper.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5127:-nestle-records-n827b-turnover-opens-n36b-tri-generation-plant&catid=37:general-news&Itemid=607

Manufacturing firms are just generating their own electricity from natural gas. This is cheaper than diesel. . . and cheap enough to compete with anyone in the world.

You are actually making my point.Which international multi billion $$ company will bother to come to nigeria when they have to invest in their own power generating plants  when they can simply do it in Ghana and such and get their power supply directly from the grid?
Those that are in nigeria have mostly been there since the 70s and 80s .New investment money will look for a country that has infrastructures already in place for them espically in this current recession.

And how is building your own power plant cheap enough to compete with anyone in the world?Cheaper then getting off the grid?please.if it was all companies around the world would have build their own power generators or you think they been stupid for all this years.Russia even offered some companies free electricity for 2 years for building factories in their country .They can do that because they got abundant energy sources and good distrubution.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Bawss1(m): 9:33am On May 09, 2011
The concern of many people here is that by embarking on this type of project means that no attention is paid to fixing roads, improving education and healthcare but that is not the case. Those other project are ongoing as stated but this is a move to ensure that the future is also taken care of as well as the present.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by ektbear: 9:35am On May 09, 2011
liquid7:

You are actually making my point.Which international multi billion $$ company will bother to come to nigeria when they have to invest in their own power generating plants  when they can simply do it in Ghana and such and get their power supply directly from the grid?
Those that are in nigeria have mostly been there since the 70s and 80s .New investment money will look for a country that has infrastructures already in place for them espically in this current recession.

It doesn't cost that much money. There are natural gas generators you can buy (see this company for example: http://www.generac.com/Industrial/). Doesn't cost that much for a serious businessman, let alone a major corporation.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by ektbear: 9:42am On May 09, 2011
liquid7:

And how is building your own power plant cheap enough to compete with anyone in the world?Cheaper then getting off the grid?please.if it was all companies around the world would have build their own power generators or you think they been silly for all this years.Russia even offered some companies free electricity for 2 years for building factories in their country .They can do that because they got abundant energy sources and good distrubution.

Gas prices in Nigeria are pretty cheap. I think the guy at Shell I spoke to on the phone said like $5.66 per 1000 Scf. 200 Scf per day is enough to power a 1MW natural gas generator like the one I linked to (according to him.) That is under 5 cents per kWh (roughly 4.7 cents, if my math is correct.) This is enough to compete with most people in the world.

Anyway, it isn't as bad as you make it out, for wealthy businessmen/investors. Nigeria is a ripe market.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by birdman(m): 9:48am On May 09, 2011
Bawss1:

The concern of many people here is that by embarking on this type of project means that no attention is paid to fixing roads, improving education and healthcare but that is not the case. Those other project are ongoing as stated but this is a move to ensure that the future is also taken care of as well as the present.

Given how Yar'Adua tried to derail progress in Lagos by withholding federal funds, state level revenue generation is paramount. And its not like Fashola is dropping the ball on everything else. I would not be surprised to see other ACN states follow suit: place strong emphasis on attracting foreign investments to primarily to reduce dependence on federal allocations.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by ideylaff: 9:56am On May 09, 2011
I have time for Fashola any day anytime , but this is surely a project that I find hard to understand.

He should take a leaf form Tinapa,  who built and over built , now its not generating Zilch and debt is all over Cross River.

I hope this is just not an Airport to serve the New Big Boys and their Private Jet Toys,

BA only knows MMA and ABUJA Intl. it will take a lot for BRF to convince froreign airlines who have signed long term agreement with MAA and other 9ija Airports to land hear

Without that it will just be a Massive Hall full of new Gadgets with no traffic

Who did d due diligence and traffic analysis survey for this project? Does anyone know.

Cos we have to crawl b4 we walk.

This money as far as Im concerned will be better to go into Roads, Water and Power. after then can you attract the real investment you want for lagos.

Thats my take. Congralulations on your reelection BRF. Go Go Go BRF,

Just found this on their website

Lekki Airport under the chairmanship of the Honorable Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice through it secretariat in the Governor’s Office is the body mandated to implement this project.

Is the AG not busy enough wetin concern Ministry of Justice with Project,   grin
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by bdman: 10:11am On May 09, 2011
which int, airport when the Lagos road are bad there no place in Lagos that has good road,while that is the fast way for them to share the money
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by mbulela: 10:12am On May 09, 2011
i guess it will be built and managed by one of BAT's companies.
probably NATION airline will have a terminal dedicated to it. tongue
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by liquid7: 10:17am On May 09, 2011
ekt_bear:

Gas prices in Nigeria are pretty cheap. I think the guy at Shell I spoke to on the phone said like $5.66 per 1000 Scf. 200 Scf per day is enough to power a 1MW natural gas generator like the one I linked to (according to him.) That is under 5 cents per kWh (roughly 4.7 cents, if my math is correct.) This is enough to compete with most people in the world.

Anyway, it isn't as bad as you make it out, for wealthy businessmen/investors. Nigeria is a ripe market.

gas prices are determined by the international market .its same price as in russia .http://www.enerdata.net/enerdatauk/knowledge/eshop/energy-price-forecast.php?country=russia.same price as you can see.
But even at that no company there will buy gas for power unless it is needed for part of their production since the grid is far cheaper.I know this because an irish friend has started a medium sized factory there and got 2 years free electricity as incentive.

Which brings another point.You cannot expect medium and small companies to spend $$$ millions on power generators as its simply no viable for them.Big guns that can afford it simply wouldn't since they have other countries to choose from that they can get their energy needs directly from grids at cheaper prices and without the inital investment of so much $$$$ for power plants.Add the other factors like roads,corruption and you see its not that attractive.

Nigeria maybe ripe for investment but others are even more attractive.Stable ,less courrupt government = less red tap and bribes,good rail/roads = cheap fast distribution, electricity/water we already covered that  grin
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Bawss1(m): 10:22am On May 09, 2011
Some people will do well to read this thread from the very beginning, that way they'll not sound silly making pronouncements of disapproval without logical reasons.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by mbulela: 10:26am On May 09, 2011
all this talk about how the airport will generate revenue and provide jobs are a bit funny.
i doubt anyone is denying it.the question i whether it is the best use of resources at present?
are there not more pressing issues on ground?
after building an awesome airport, if the roads and road transport situation are not addressed,what is the end product?
to me it seems the state of roads in lagos and the lack of a road transport system that would decongest the roads of a good portion of the cars clogging it is a must for this govt if lagos is to become a mega city.

i don't buy that argument of the govt will do all simultaneously.
the funds are not infinite and four years is not a very long time.
as it is MMIA is slightly manageable but the roads in lagos and transport system are not manageable.

finally, this govt really needs to execute projects that will directly impact the poor.

all these talk of Lekki free trade zone, we don't want another Tianapa on our hands o!
the govt should look well before leaping o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Photos From Ike Ekweremadu's 56th Birthday Celebration / Buhari Invites APC Senators To Villa Over Onnoghen’s Suspension / Nigeria Faces Worst Recession In 40 Years – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.