Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport (22896 Views)

Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage / Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims / Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by 2mch(m): 4:19pm On May 10, 2011
Nothing wrong with this idea, as long as other important projects are not abandoned. A 4th mainland bridge or the rail line is also very important. This project will bring in a lot of revenue for the state as well. An Obafemi Awolowo Airport is very welcome in Lekki. They should make sure the logistics are also right. Maybe on the end of Ibeju. They should also try to stop human enchroachment and compensate well the people that are going to lose their properties as a result of this project. MMIA is an eyesore and a shame to Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by hercules07: 4:27pm On May 10, 2011
@kobo

If the money for the airport is coming from the state government, I am not in support as I know the state can not afford it and there are other pressing needs, if the government is contributing say 10 to 20% no wahala, anything higher than that, my support no dey o.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by sley4life(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2011
that wuld b fantastic. But i dnt like the name of the airport
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by fatherab1: 6:46pm On May 10, 2011
olugbemi4u:

4th mainland abandoned cos ikorodu is for less privelege people where you have the largest population and tax payers.it's a reap of democracy to have delibrately abandoned 4th mainland bridge project cos where lekki cross bridge to ikoyi under construction with 80% completion.brf response during GOVship debate was political that the same people stay in alimosho and ikorodu worked and enjoin the facilities in vi,ikoyi and lekki this is not fare.money spent on lekki cross bridge would have been used for 4th mainland and his reaponse that the project was affected by global reccession.why lekki airport not affected by global crunch and lekki cross not affected??

Why you dey talk like dis at your age??
Ikorodu??

1 Like

Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by dplordx(m): 7:24pm On May 10, 2011
@at all

If BRF proceeds and build this airport at the neglect of other more demanding and pressing projects, and if the airport and FTZ turns out to be a complete scam, BRF, can kiss his political career goodbye. I know hes got his eyes on the presidency or vip slot come 2015, it is the masses that will help him get there, not those contractors and political godfathers misguiding him. He can hurry up and hasten his downfall and ignore the masses for another 4 years.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 7:29pm On May 10, 2011
father ab:

Why you dey talk like dis at your age??
Ikorodu??

If you have ever lived in Ikorodu, you will kind of understand his frustration. I remember over a decade ago, when there where problems at one of the major bridges out of Ikorodu. Leaving town was hell for almost a year as the brigde was allowed to get to point of collapse even . . . Luckily marwa stepped in later on and started dualization and restoration of the bridge. Ikorodu sure needs alternating routes connecting it and the 4th mainland bridge dream has been a dream for so long now.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by enyojo(f): 7:53pm On May 10, 2011
^^ why i'm shocked at him is because, to buy a Land in Ikorodu now is becoming expensive. so why say Ikorodu is for the less privileged??
As for the road issue. It is very true. But I'm so surprised how Ikorodu still voted for ACN?? Or was it just rigged? For me, I hate a zombie-like house of assembly. They will take Lagosians for a ride. Serious. If there is no competition, there will not be rapid-progress, without opposition, democracy will be Dead-On-Arrival
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 8:01pm On May 10, 2011
enyojo:

^^ why i was so shocked at him is because, to buy a Land in Ikorodu now is becoming expensive. so why say Ikorodu is for the less privileged??
As for the road issue. It is very true. But I'm so surprised how Ikorodu still voted for ACN?? Or was it just rigged? For me, I hate a zombie-like house of assembly. They will take Lagosians for a ride. Serious. If there is no competition, there will not be rapid-progress, without opposition, democracy will be Dead-On-Arrival

Over the last decade or so, the population of Ikorodu has skyrocketed because of influx of people from the other parts of Lagos due to rising cost of living there, as a result, land in ikorodu has equally skyrocketed with the influx of buyers with money( many of whom don't even live in Ikorodu). That does not mean though that ikorodu is not for the less priviledged because average cost of apartment, and commodities remain lower than in some other areas of Lagos.

Voting ACN is not the issue, they would not ofcourse vote against Fashola simply because they do not have their 4th Mainland bridge. Ikorodu folks don't really have a major problem with Fashola, only they are getting impatient with the fact that progress is taken a longer time than initially promised. Ikorodu folks are tired really of feeling like the ugly step sister to Lekki and the rest of the state. We just want EQUAL attention and considering the significantly higher population, it makes sense to want amenities to match. Lekki, I believe still has a population of less than, if not about 150,000. How do you compare that to a place that Ikorodu, that is probably in the millions at this point.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by enyojo(f): 8:53pm On May 10, 2011
How do u know many things in Nigeria like this?
Over the last decade or so, the population of Ikorodu has skyrocketed because of influx of people from the other parts of Lagos due to rising cost of living there, as a result, land in ikorodu has equally skyrocketed with the influx of buyers with money( many of whom don't even live in Ikorodu). That does not mean though that ikorodu is not for the less priviledged because average cost of apartment, and commodities remain lower than in some other areas of Lagos.
Very correct. But for this one:
Voting ACN is not the issue, they would not ofcourse vote against Fashola simply because they do not have their 4th Mainland bridge. Ikorodu folks don't really have a major problem with Fashola, only they are getting impatient with the fact that progress is taken a longer time than initially promised. Ikorodu folks are tired really of feeling like the ugly step sister to Lekki and the rest of the state. We just want EQUAL attention and considering the significantly higher population, it makes sense to want amenities to match. Lekki, I believe still has a population of less than, if not about 150,000. How do you compare that to a place that Ikorodu, that is probably in the millions at this point.
Atleast the Ikoroduans should have sent Reps to the State House of Assembly. Political scietists say that if you don't perform, the voters purnish you by not voting for you. Democratic experience in Nigeria has turned that principle on the head.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 8:56pm On May 10, 2011
enyojo:

How do u know many things in Nigeria like this?Very correct. But for this one:Atleast the Ikoroduans should have sent Reps to the State House of Assembly. Political scietists say that if you don't perform, the voters purnish you by not voting for you. Democratic experience in Nigeria has turned that principle on the head.

I lived in Ikorodu and still have family and friends who I am in constant contact with down there still. Many people I know did not even vote during the election; they didn't even bother registering. What I think is the general feeling is people are just tired and feel generally helpless.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by lastpage: 12:53am On May 11, 2011
One can see from the "comments" so far, that selfish interest has been the overriding principle!

Some would say the "Airport" is priority because they have land/house in Lekki!
Some would say Ikorodu because they have land/vested interest there!
Some would say "Up fashola" because they are on the "third-rung" of contractors to Fashola/Tinubu caucus!

We don hear Una but please, can we HONESTLY rank the following "required Projects" in Lagos State, according to the order of priority NOW.

a) Airport in Lekki. (b) 4th Mainland Bridge (c) Repair of Lagos Roads (d) Stable Power Supply in Lagos (e) Refurbishment and building of New Clasy Hospitals (f) Ensuring that Every House in Lagos has access to portable drinking water (g) Light Rail System (commenced?) (h) Education

Now, if we rank these project in "Order of Immediate Importance and impact in the Life of Lagosians" maybe we can help guide our leaders as to "What we really NEED, not what they WANT to give us!

To me, that makes more sense.

PLEASE LETS RANK THEM AND LETS THE THE RESULT.

Tanx.

BTW: I know a few Sin-nators who have landed property in Ikorodu, Abike Dabiri being one of them. There are also all manner of "top-shots" with property there. To say its a "poor people's area" is a mis-yarn! Lekki right now, is like what Ikeja and Central Lagos was, in the 80's! A Business district. It will come and go, eventually. Even Ikoyi is not what it used to be in the 80's, right?
Opening up "an area" should not be left to political considerations, its the duty of the government.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Mariory(m): 2:16am On May 11, 2011
lastpage:

a) Airport in Lekki. (b) 4th Mainland Bridge (c) Repair of Lagos Roads (d) Stable Power Supply in Lagos (e) Refurbishment and building of New Clasy Hospitals (f) Ensuring that Every House in Lagos has access to portable drinking water (g) Light Rail System (commenced?) (h) Education

Everything you mentioned aside from the 4th mainland bridge are all ongoing projects (Yes the light rail construction has commenced). Not sure about state healthcare. having said that though, there is still a long way to go.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by lastpage: 2:56am On May 11, 2011
^^^^ RANK in order of importance to Lagosians!
Not "which one has/has not commenced"! Wetin sef?
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by olugbemi4u: 6:55am On May 11, 2011
SOME PEOPLE ARE INGNORANT OF THE TRUTH, AT LEAST AGRIC INSIDE COMPRISES ISAWO,OWUTU,OJUORO,AGEDE,ORIOKUTA,OJOKORO,ASOLO,OKE OKO ETC WHERE WE HAVE POPULATION OF ABOUT 5MILLION PEOPLE DOES'NT HAVE SINGLE PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOL NO ALTERNATIVE ROAD AS EARLY AS 5:00AM THERE IS TRAFFIC ALREADY SOMEBODY IS MAKING POLITICAL ENOUGH OF LIES
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by favouredjb(f): 8:07am On May 11, 2011
interesting views
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by luluosas(m): 10:47am On May 11, 2011
@liquid7 do we really need another international airport in lekki.MM does not even handle 1/10th the traffic of JFK as it is.why waste money on another airport.all this white elephant projects is bankrupting nigeria even further.

When your Jonathan was promising 36 new Airports in Nigeria during his campaigns, you applauded him. Why are you now condemning what Fashola intends to do for Lagosians?
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Nobody: 11:02am On May 11, 2011
I am quite ambivalent on this issues because I am not a lagosian, but I think that, considering the stringent tax regime of the lagos state government, the people would love to see the government embark on projects that would meet the immediate needs of lagosians.
Lagosians are being heavily taxed, it would unfair to use their tax money on a project like this when there are better things to do with scarce funds.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by sshalom(m): 11:08am On May 11, 2011
From whatever angle someone looks at this; it turns out to be a worthwhile project. MMIA is no longer what it used to be and if you compare it with other International Airports all over the world you would simply conclude that it remains a joke.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by olugbemi4u: 11:11am On May 11, 2011
you guyz should not get me wrong.iam not against fashola nor ACN infact,i have some guyz in his cabinet who knows me very well and iam not poor. iam just a political watchdog not a politician.mentioning ''our jonathan'' is not the the issue despite jonathan contested under PDP he won in lagos infact,i source close to Asiwaju and bigwing in ACN confirmed last minute instruction and unflinching supports given to Jonathan.i dont believe in unpopular political imbrioglio we are informing govt masses need you're bringing politics.learn wat to say
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by shyyne: 11:52am On May 11, 2011
this is absolutely stupidity, i respect the governor so much but there are much better things to do instead of spending that huge amount of money, kindly help us tell the governor to help us on mile 12 to ikorodu road,
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Taiwo20(m): 2:26pm On May 11, 2011
angry  Its a welcome development but i think its outright wastage.
If you have ever visited Lekki you will agree that's its a continuous segregation effort of the rich and highly placed.

Some years ago some folks were chased out of Maroko and environs citing its been below sea level. Its the same land thats below sea level that is now been sold for millions after kicking out the original land lord. Oniru this, oniru dat. everywhere#s named after them.
You dont buy force respect or whateva from people.
No harsh feeling though as am not a tenant anywhere in Lagos.

Caevet emptor This land belongs to This and That family. Where should God place His signboard telling us that He owns the Land lipsrsealed.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by DEEHASAL(m): 5:08pm On May 11, 2011
shyyne:

this is absolutely stupidity, i respect the governor so much but there are much better things to do instead of spending that huge amount of money, kindly help us tell the governor to help us on mile 12 to ikorodu road,

That Road is a Federal road, And if lagos-Ibadan Expressway is anything to go by,the road will be like that for so long,
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by crownbarry: 4:07pm On May 12, 2011
i think we should appreciate the fact that we have a visionary leader with foresight in Lagos. Stop being judgmental and believe in him to deliver all he has promised.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by KnowAll(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2011
What has Tinubu/ Fashola done for epe, Ikorodu & Badagry since 1999.

Answer - zilch.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by EkoIle1: 4:27pm On May 12, 2011
KnowAll:

What has Tinubu/ Fashola done for epe, Ikorodu & Badagry since 1999.

Answer - zilch.

You might want to take that back,
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by dplordx(m): 7:35pm On May 12, 2011
DEEHASAL:

That Road is a Federal road, And if lagos-Ibadan Expressway is anything to go by,the road will be like that for so long,

Duh. And Fashola out of his grandiose desire to build his anti-mass new master plans in Badagry is fighting the Federal govt over renovating that road with tax payers money. He even got a battalion of lawyers to make the federal government scram!
Just watch where the money go: BRF's interest is only where theres some money to be made. This guy is running Lagos like a business cool grin
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Mariory(m): 8:47pm On May 12, 2011
KnowAll:

What has Fashola done for Badagry since 1999.

Answer - zilch.

[img]http://shoryuken.ie/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/DoubleFacePalm.jpg[/img]
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by ektbear: 9:23pm On May 12, 2011
dplordx:

Just watch where the money go: BRF's interest is only where theres some money to be made. This guy is running Lagos like a business cool grin[/b]

And realistically, that is how Lagos and the SW needs to be run if we want to make it prosper
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by dplordx(m): 3:21am On May 13, 2011
I have nothing more to say to you Ekt Bear

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Am Now Convinced God Is A White Man And Satan An African *picture Proof* / Court Orders Police To Pay OurMumuDonDo N50m Over Attack During Protest / Nigeria Faces Worst Recession In 40 Years – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.