Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,122 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport (22892 Views)

Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport: South-East Stakeholders Allege Sabotage / Buhari Orders Immediate Release Of N5 Bn To Bomb Victims / Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by lawyer(m): 9:36pm On May 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

You mind showing me the insults?  

Again, you spewed a log of ignorant assertions (Ignorance = Lack of knowledge and not insult) about LFT and basic concepts of economic development. Let's debate basic economics and save the meaningless crap about who you are fanatical about.

You are also free to go back to where you normally post your misinformed  rubbish, we deal with facts here, not lies and silly sentiments,

You went to LFT 2 weeks ago and you saw nothing? You even asserted that people in the area don't know anything about the project, but the state is talking about it everyday, there are hard working state officials including the LFT empress (Shola Oworu) working on the project 24/7, the governor campaigned in the are just weak ago shouting about the projects to the same constituents in the area and promising to prioritize the project.

This is a video about the project stating categorically that the airport is sitting next to LFT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk1bG57flNw&feature=related

I agree i write rubbish and lies, but please tell me what you know about the ftz personally? when last did you go there or have you gone there before physically?? what can you tell me about the surrounding environments, communities and infrastructures surrounding the area?

When did i attack the rational of the free trade zone?  This was exactly what i wrote and dont misquote me:

Talking about the FTZ When last did you visit it? I was there 2 weeks ago and i can assure you that half of the population in the lekki/ajah epe axis don't even know where the place is and apart from AMEN Estate there and  Eleko Beach  what other development is there surrounding the ftz that the populace there can lay claim to that they have benefited from apart from land speculators buying up lands in the last 15 years waiting for something concrete to happen but it only occurs in Newspapers and LTV 8? The eleko road was built almost 20 years ago so it isn't a TINUBU/FASHOLA thing.

1. Can you describe the exact location of the free trade zone starting from Eko akete to tell us where  the exact place it is without you using google or you tube as your guide? The road leading to eleko beach is one long straight road and it gets to a T-JUNCTION Where you can either go straight on to eleko beach or choose to go right or left. From your you tube video can you tell me how long from the T-Junction it will take to the ftz and tell me what exactly is opposite the free trade zone towards the beach? Do you think the roads your talking about was created today? It has been in existence for years and those who used to party around eleko beach in the 90s will tell you that. 

2. I asked what are the developments that are there apart from the free trade zone that the populace have benefited from? Can you tell us the schools, hospitals and other amenities commissioned in the communities adjacent to the free trade zone?  Mention one since the ftz was created? At least your commissioner should tell you the names of the infrastructures provided or do we have to go to you tube to find that one too? How far have you gone to tour the communities? Apart from eleko beach there, what other beach is there and what is the living condition of the inhabitants there?  Apart from AMEN Estate can you tell me of an other known estate there and why is sales is so slow for the owners of AMEN Estate that they have to slow down work because of the lack of infrastructure or awareness of the area. Do you know the number of people still living in mud houses and no light within the adjoining community close to the beach? Have you seen them personally to ask them what they have benefited from the ftz

3. Before the free trade zone, eleko beach has always been in existence as a tourism hot spot and all the roads had been tarred for years back, so whats the significant difference in that area apart from the free trade zone hidden in one corner for the past 15 years or so?

Please don't use video evidence from the comfort of your room to show me what i used my eyes to see 2 weeks ago and will probably go there again this week or next week and take pictures to satisfy your curiosity. You have no verified anything independently but your basing your arguments on hear say! Where is the logic in that?

I see you just rely on what people say for you to base your own opinion and insult people along the way because that's the only way for you to gain attention and attract people t read your posts. If your looking for a neutral person to verify what i have just said, ask johnie who writes alot about the lekki/ajah axis to go there and verify independently with pictures to know whether i am lying or in your words stating alot of ignorant mumbo jumbo.

Besides if the ftz has been so good as you say and has impacted seriously on the economic benefit of the host communities and lekki/ajah as a whole why is it the least demanded area for people who want to buy lands? Why isn't it on their top priority list? Who today can build a house there and live there immediately apart from the host community who have been living there for donkey years? Do you know how many Nairalanders have gone there to purchase lands via inspections with me and disappeared never to return there and rather buy in mainland ajah because they don't see the viability of that area or the ftz for now?  I don't need any commissioner or govt official to tell me what i can verify with my own eyes. Please other people that are familiar with the ftz or have gone to Eleko should also say their piece and not rely on you tube to buttress their point so that we know who the real ignorant person is.  

Anyway am done arguing with you. Your known for stirring up fights without saying anything meaningful and supported by physical evidence except dem say dem say. If you cant answer any of my questions in relation to knowing the physical land marks and what goes on there on a daily basis then your not in the best position to criticize me whether am right or wrong.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by liquid7: 9:37pm On May 09, 2011
Well we shall see what comes out of this project in time .
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by paddylo1(m): 9:38pm On May 09, 2011
[b]once again i guess people arguing against this project didnt read what i wrote in the last page. .

So here goes i will try this one more time. .

There are only 2 possible Financing scenarios for this project. . capiche?

one is that the Lagos state Govt is contributing nada. . . zero. . . zilch. . nothing. . no money to finance this

the other is that they are making an investment in the Airport project in the form of equity or debt. .

now think of when MTN Nigeria came to be. . imagine the state Govt invested in 10% of MTN in 2003. .and kept its stake till today. . (some 7yrs later)

That money they used to invest could have been used for something else. . but today a 10% stake in MTN Nigeria would be worth some $1.5Billion Dollars. .(MTN Nigeria is valued at $15 Billion Dollars)

This is what we are talking about. . . .u guys should have a change of mentality. . its about private equity. . . debt financing or PPP. . . and everything is for profit. . esp projects of this magnitude. . u dont build a $700 million dollar project to make losses .  . who would lend u the money in the first place?

now as for those of u talking of social programs like welfare for the poor, health care. . . education etc.  . know that the state govt cannot bear the burden alone

In the USA if i move from Pennsylvania to NY state. . before i can access NY city/State owned health care facilities. .i have to present ID. . showing that i reside in the state(NY state address). . .at the hospital before i receive treatment. . . because i must be paying taxes to the state or be able to be sent my bill to my New York address, in case i refuse/or am unable to pay immediately

In Nigeria this is next to impossible. . . people move from the village to LAGOS in thousands everyday. .yet they pay no taxes to the state. .yet we expect the state to provide services to all these ppl. .

again i re-iterate. . for the reasonable ones on this thread. .u can see that there is no reason to be arguing blindly. . . for the rest of you that still refuse to see reason. .i cannot help u. . .u dont really have to argue blind or for arguments sake. . .  Theres a reason the developed world is developed. . and we wont get there if people continue to reason like they want to be stuck in the third world

cool

[/b]
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 9:43pm On May 09, 2011
hercules07:

GEJ will fire who? If obasanjo does not endorse it, nothing dey happen. As per the airport, since it will be private driven, it is not for the common man and the investors will make their money from taxing the elites who use it, then I have no problems with it, let the state government make it fully private, spend as little money as possible on it but make sure they get a share of the profit. I am not for privatization of everything but in the case of an airport, abeg let them build it, when I use it, then I pay the extortionist charges, non essential amenities such as airports should be fully privatised, the rail system can be privatised as well, it is when government privatises essential things that I get upset, so Fashola carry go, nothing do you ooooo.

Interesting comment . . . . so are we to assume then that you are 100% behind the proposed plan to build at least one airport per every state then? grin grin
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by jmaine: 9:51pm On May 09, 2011
Lawyer said it the way it is undiluted . .The lekki axis just like the Ikorodu axis need more road networks and amenities to ameliorate the suffering of the inhabitants on a daily basis .Those places need to be fixed considering the huge influx of people to those areas in recent time. .Imagine a colleague of mine who lives for work as early as 5am from lekki but will have to stay back in the office till 10:30 pm to avoid the hellish traffic situation going home . . he comes back around 11- 11:30pm  sad . . .   We need roads, roads,roads, and more roads just like Lawyer said to ease the suffering on the masses in the Lekki/Ajah axis. . . You won't understand until you ply those hellish route to feel the frustration.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by EkoIle1: 9:52pm On May 09, 2011
lawyer:

I agree i write rubbish and lies, but please tell me what you know about the ftz personally? when last did you go there or have you gone there before physically?? what can you tell me about the surrounding environments, communities and infrastructures surrounding the area?

When did i attack the rational of the free trade zone?  This was exactly what i wrote and dont misquote me:

1. Can you describe the exact location of the free trade zone starting from Eko akete to tell us where  the exact place it is without you using google or you tube as your guide?
The road leading to eleko beach is one long straight road and it gets to a T-JUNCTION Where you can either go straight on to eleko beach or choose to go right or left. From your you tube video can you tell me how long from the T-Junction it will take to the ftz and tell me what exactly is opposite the free trade zone towards the beach? Do you think the roads your talking about was created today? It has been in existence for years and those who used to party around eleko beach in the 90s will tell you that. 

Stop asking me silly questions, this is not about me because I wasn't the one lying, you made the ignorant statement, not me, the burden is on you.

Contrary to your assertion and according to the video, there are houses in front of and beside of the LFT, PERIOD. Or you're basically trying to tell us the folks living around the place are mumu and have no clue about what's going on around them?

What's the distance and the time the road was constructed got to do with you saying folks in the area don't know anything about the LFT?

Stay focused and deal with what you said, not the irrelevant essay. I don't know who you are trying to impress with your long story, stick to the facts and leave the sentiments. Let's talk development and economics of developments.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by EkoIle1: 9:55pm On May 09, 2011
jmaine:

Lawyer said it the way it is undiluted . .The lekki axis just like the Ikorodu axis need more road networks and amenities to ameliorate the suffering of the inhabitants on a daily basis .Those places need to be fixed considering the huge influx of people to those areas in recent time. .Imagine a colleague of mine who lives for work as early as 5am from lekki but will have to stay back in the office till 10:30 pm to avoid the hellish traffic situation going home . . he comes back around 11- 11:30pm  sad . . .   We need roads, roads,roads, and more roads just like Lawyer said to ease the suffering on the masses in the Lekki/Ajah axis. . . You won't understand until you ply those hellish route to feel the frustration.

We all need something from the government, but we can not get it overnight. They offered you people a quick fix and a way out, but you don't want to pay for it so you might as well stand in line till the state rakes up enough money to build the road with it's own money.

Sometimes, we are our own worst enemy as we foolishly build stumbling blocks on the path that leads to success and happiness.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by emmatok(m): 10:07pm On May 09, 2011
lawyer:

1. Can you describe the exact location of the free trade zone starting from Eko akete to tell us where  the exact place it is without you using google or you tube as your guide? The road leading to eleko beach is one long straight road and it gets to a T-JUNCTION Where you can either go straight on to eleko beach or choose to go right or left. From your you tube video can you tell me how long from the T-Junction it will take to the ftz and tell me what exactly is opposite the free trade zone towards the beach? Do you think the roads your talking about was created today? It has been in existence for years and those who used to party around eleko beach in the 90s will tell you that. 

2. I asked what are the developments that are there apart from the free trade zone that the populace have benefited from? Can you tell us the schools, hospitals and other amenities commissioned in the communities adjacent to the free trade zone?  Mention one since the ftz was created? At least your commissioner should tell you the names of the infrastructures provided or do we have to go to you tube to find that one too? How far have you gone to tour the communities? Apart from eleko beach there, what other beach is there and what is the living condition of the inhabitants there?  Apart from AMEN Estate can you tell me of an other known estate there and why is sales is so slow for the owners of AMEN Estate that they have to slow down work because of the lack of infrastructure or awareness of the area. Do you know the number of people still living in mud houses and no light within the adjoining community close to the beach? Have you seen them personally to ask them what they have benefited from the ftz

3. Before the free trade zone, eleko beach has always been in existence as a tourism hot spot and all the roads had been tarred for years back, so whats the significant difference in that area apart from the free trade zone hidden in one corner for the past 15 years or so?

Please don't use video evidence from the comfort of your room to show me what i used my eyes to see 2 weeks ago and will probably go there again this week or next week and take pictures to satisfy your curiosity. You have no verified anything independently but your basing your arguments on hear say! Where is the logic in that?

I see you just rely on what people say for you to base your own opinion and insult people along the way because that's the only way for you to gain attention and attract people t read your posts. If your looking for a neutral person to verify what i have just said, ask johnie who writes alot about the lekki/ajah axis to go there and verify independently with pictures to know whether i am lying or in your words stating alot of ignorant mumbo jumbo.

Besides if the ftz has been so good as you say and has impacted seriously on the economic benefit of the host communities and lekki/ajah as a whole why is it the least demanded area for people who want to buy lands? Why isn't it on their top priority list? Who today can build a house there and live there immediately apart from the host community who have been living there for donkey years? Do you know how many Nairalanders have gone there to purchase lands via inspections with me and disappeared never to return there and rather buy in mainland ajah because they don't see the viability of that area or the ftz for now?  I don't need any commissioner or govt official to tell me what i can verify with my own eyes. Please other people that are familiar with the ftz or have gone to Eleko should also say their piece and not rely on you tube to buttress their point so that we know who the real ignorant person is.  

Anyway am done arguing with you. Your known for stirring up fights without saying anything meaningful and supported by physical evidence except dem say dem say. If you cant answer any of my questions in relation to knowing the physical land marks and what goes on there on a daily basis then your not in the best position to criticize me whether am right or wrong.

OGA LAWYER, abegi no vex,

If there is any credible person on NL as at today you are number 1.

Most of the people your are arguing with here don't live in NIGERIA.

Let them come to Lagos and see these projects themselves.

I have been living in these Lekki, V.I axis for the past six years and i can tell you its all lies.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by ladej(m): 10:11pm On May 09, 2011
paddy_lo:

[b]once again i guess people arguing against this project didnt read what i wrote in the last page. .

one is that the Lagos state Govt is contributing nada. . . zero. . . zilch. . nothing. . no money to finance this

the other is that they are making an investment in the Airport project in the form of equity or debt. .

now think of when MTN Nigeria came to be. . imagine the state Govt invested in 10% of MTN in 2003. .and kept its stake till today. . (some 7yrs later)

That money they used to invest could have been used for something else. . but today a 10% stake in MTN Nigeria would be worth some $1.5Billion Dollars. .(MTN Nigeria is valued at $15 Billion Dollars)

This is what we are talking about. . . .u guys should have a change of mentality. . its about private equity. . . debt financing or PPP. . . and everything is for profit. . esp projects of this magnitude. . u dont build a $700 million dollar project to make losses .  . who would lend u the money in the first place?

now as for those of u talking of social programs like welfare for the poor, health care. . . education etc.  . know that the state govt cannot bear the burden alone

In the USA if i move from Pennsylvania to NY state. . before i can access NY city/State owned health care facilities. .i have to present ID. . showing that i reside in the state(NY state address). . .at the hospital before i receive treatment. . . because i must be paying taxes to the state or be able to be sent my bill to my New York address, in case i refuse/or am unable to pay immediately

In Nigeria this is next to impossible. . . people move from the village to LAGOS in thousands everyday. .yet they pay no taxes to the state. .yet we expect the state to provide services to all these ppl. .

again i re-iterate. . for the reasonable ones on this thread. .u can see that there is no reason to be arguing blindly. . . for the rest of you that still refuse to see reason. .i cannot help u. . .u dont really have to argue blind or for arguments sake. . .  Theres a reason the developed world is developed. . and we wont get there if people continue to reason like they want to be stuck in the third world

cool

[/b]

well said

lawyer:

try not to get emotive, you too much for that
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by EkoIle1: 10:13pm On May 09, 2011
9jaganja:

this is my beef with fashola,  Lekki already has automatic development going on for it. Property values are healthy in Lekki. New home onwers are more likely to choose Lekki if they have the money,  Now, please make another area better please,  Not everywhere in Lagos is an Island or has the natural beauty of one,  Lekki will be a global city in no time but how about making the state beautiful? Seriously that money is too much for even a space station talkless of international airport.

It seem Fashola is focusing on an easy to develop areas and taking up challenges of places like Mushin, Ikorodu, even state capital Ikeja, Yaba areas, Ajegunle is still a global slum to me,  Seriously Fashola, it wasn't the Lekki population that voted you in. And I'm originally an Islander but I think development has been too biased, 

Eko oni baje

Are there any major projects like the LFT, Eko Atlantic requiring any kind of airport in Mushin, Yaba, korodu, Ikeja (Which has 2 airports already)Yaba and Ajegunle?

Why is it so hard for many of you people to stay focused and stick to the main need and reason for the airport
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by EkoIle1: 10:17pm On May 09, 2011
emmatok:

OGA LAWYER, abegi no vex,

If there is any credible person on NL as at today you are number 1.

Most of the people your are arguing with here don't live in NIGERIA.

Let them come to Lagos and see these projects themselves.

I have been living in these Lekki, V.I axis for the past six years and i can tell you its all lies.

What exactly is all lies?
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by emmatok(m): 10:32pm On May 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

What exactly is all lies?

My friend go and sit down jare !!!

You just just come here and argue blindly and the next you  result to insults.

It took that "LCC" 2 years to work on lekki-epe road from Ozumba - Mobile junction(if you even know that place). Not until they were threatened.

Yet the road project has managed to go beyond Lekki- Phase 1 and the is more the 7 years.

May be it will take them 30 years to complete the project. angry angry angry

Is that how construction is done in the country live?

It took JB one year to construct the Falomo,Bordillon road linking kings-way road.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by AjanleKoko: 10:44pm On May 09, 2011
@Topic,
Nice ideas. But I think the most valuable project in Lagos today would be the light rail. That would make significant impact if it gets off the ground.

And to most of the folk: I feel you if you're bitter, I live on that axis as well, and am not impressed with government's lack of effort on the Lekki axis myself. The toll road is the first thing they've ever done in that area. And they want to commercialize that. No one on the axis is pleased about that.

But hey, Mainland Lagos is congested as shyt. There's nothing major that can happen in those areas without half of the residential areas being torn down by govt. To be fair to Fashola, he has actually tried to do some reasonable rehabilitation of roads in some of those deeply congested areas: Mushin, Itire/Lawanson, Bariga, Ketu-Ojota, Ikorodu, and even the Alimosho areas. However, for people who have seen other cities around the world, you have to tell yourself the truth. Lagos, especially mainland, is bloody congested and nothing, absolutely nothing can be done about it, without sparking some sort of riot. Lagos is some kind of humongous squatter camp, I tell you.

Due to lack of planning, all sorts of nonsense has gone on in the mainland over the years: houses built on access roads, over drainage, whole areas with no proper documentation. I took a drive once through Oshodi all the way to Ojuelegba via Mushin, and I was shocked! The whole place has transformed. Any government that can force out a thoroughfare in that place deserves accolades. It takes balls to do stuff like that.

As per the projects being white elephants: Well, i think they are trying to find the money. I don't imagine it would be easy to find financing for those projects, run the state as usual, and still have some leftovers for the boyz. However, I honestly do not mind if they actually execute those projects. You can't build an airport, develop a free trade zone, and all that stuff, without creating some economic opportunities. So if they do it, I actually would lend them support.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by opalu: 10:48pm On May 09, 2011
paddy_lo:

This is what we are talking about. . . .u guys should have a change of mentality. . its about private equity. . . debt financing or PPP. . . and everything is for profit. . esp projects of this magnitude. . u dont build a $700 million dollar project to make losses . . who would lend u the money in the first place?

now as for those of u talking of social programs like welfare for the poor, health care. . . education etc. . know that the state govt cannot bear the burden alone

again i re-iterate. . for the reasonable ones on this thread. .u can see that there is no reason to be arguing blindly. . . for the rest of you that still refuse to see reason. .i cannot help u. . .u dont really have to argue blind or for arguments sake. . . Theres a reason the developed world is developed. . and we wont get there if people continue to reason like they want to be stuck in the third world

cool

[/b]

I think you have a more realistic points superior to the Lawyer's. While he speaks the symptoms ( as he witnesses weekly), you talk of the causes ( as globally obtainable).
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by lawyer(m): 10:56pm On May 09, 2011
Eko Ile:

Stop asking me silly questions, this is not about me because I wasn't the one lying, you made the ignorant statement, not me, the burden is on you.

Contrary to your assertion and according to the video, there houses in front of and beside of the LFT, PERIOD.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What's the distance and the time the road was constructed got to do with you saying folks in the area don't know anything about the LFT?

Stay focused and deal with what you said, not the irrelevant essay. I don't know who you are trying to impress with your long story, stick to the facts and leave the sentiments. Let's talk development and economics of developments.

What a joke! Can you imagine? I was even thinking he has gone to the ftz personally or knows eleko like the back of his palm before he stated i was ignorant not knowing he is basing all his arguments on a video he saw on youtube? God i have met comedians but this guy has to be the cherry on the pie ! grin

And to say he called me ignorant! I know i have wasted my time arguing with you because i was under the impression that you knew everything about the ftz or eleko not knowing that if i drop you at Lakowe you won't even know your way from there (thats even if you know where lakowe is . . before we start another quarrel on the location of lakowe . . lol)!

Please go back to your youtube video and get more info while people that are on the ground that know about the place and have more info to share about the free trade zone should enlighten us more. If i am ignorant for knowing eleko and the ftz personally, then if there is a more complex word to describe someone that is badly misinformed and unaware of something then that word should be used to describe you. Dont worry i will put you out of your misery the next time i go there and take pictures for you all the way from AMEN Estate down to Obadore beach so that you can use my own pictures to boast amongst your fans that you have been there and spent your easter holidays. I am done arguing with you and am glad you you accepted that all your points and arguments can be traced only to a You tube video which automatically counts you out as a credible witness, blogger or critic in respect of anything relating to the free trade zone or anything Lekki/ajah/ epe expressway.      

For the past 4 years i have been criss-crossing the 4 corners of lekki/ajah and everyday i am learning about new towns and new places that so many people don't know about and i try to share my experiences good or bad with people and ask people to verify for themselves. I have done alot of searches for people in eleko in respects of lands they wanted to buy and i have combed the areas thoroughly and even met some of the original settlers who have told me their stories and complains of neglect and what they want the government to do for them. I will never come out to say anything i am not conversant about talkless of relying on you tube like you to criticize people when you don't even know what the name of the petrol station leading to eleko is called.  

To say that people living in lekki/ajah/ epe expressway are not suffering is to be unkind to the occupants there. The traffic is killing them there and all they need are more roads and channels to make their homes and offices get closer to them. To move from Abraham adesanya to Badore junction at a very bad hour could make you sit down there for almost 20 to 30 minutes because of the traffic grid lock and your still probably going to the mainland. What is more important to those in those areas? An airport or link roads to ease communication? Even the toll gate hasn't solved the so called traffic and in my own opinion has even made it worse with all the traffic lights and stop gaps And your telling me i dont know about the developments of economics. It has nothing to do with who is in power or who i voted for or not. The priority of the people must be taken care of firstly before huge projects that would only worsen the situation.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by EkoIle1: 11:11pm On May 09, 2011
emmatok:

My friend go and sit down jare !!!

You just just come here and argue blindly and the next you  result to insults.

It took that "LCC" 2 years to work on lekki-epe road from Ozumba - Mobile junction(if you even know that place). Not until they were threatened.

Yet the road project has managed to go beyond Lekki- Phase 1 and the is more the 7 years.

May be it will take them 30 years to complete the project. angry angry angry

Is that how construction is done in the country live?

It took JB one year to construct the Falomo,Bordillon road linking kings-way road.

What's this irrelevant nonsense got to do with the insults I asked you to show us?

What's this irrelevant nonsense got to do with the new airport?

What are you crying about? What do you expect with too many people and business congregating in one area on top of the folks commuting from epe to other parts lagos island like marina/idumota cbd? People go through worse commuting from outskirts and suburbs to to work in developed countries sef. You have to think about your commuting situation before deciding where you call home. It really doesn't matter how many roads got built, the place is  too overpopulated and you'll still spend hours in traffic, it's all part of development.

Abeg stop crying, Fashola is not a magician.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by EkoIle1: 11:15pm On May 09, 2011
lawyer:

What a joke! Can you imagine? I was even thinking he has gone to the ftz personally or knows eleko like the back of his palm before he stated i was ignorant not knowing he is basing all his arguments on a video he saw on youtube? God i have met comedians but this guy has to be the cherry on the pie ! grin

And to say he called me ignorant! I know i have wasted my time arguing with you because i was under the impression that you knew everything about the ftz or eleko not knowing that if i drop you at Lakowe you won't even know your way from there (thats even if you know where lakowe is . . before we start another quarrel on the location of lakowe . . lol)!

Please go back to your youtube video and get more info while people that are on the ground that know about the place and have more info to share about the free trade zone should enlighten us more. If i am ignorant for knowing eleko and the ftz personally, then if there is a more complex word to describe someone that is badly misinformed and unaware of something then that word should be used to describe you. Dont worry i will put you out of your misery the next time i go there and take pictures for you all the way from AMEN Estate down to Obadore beach so that you can use my own pictures to boast amongst your fans that you have been there and spent your easter holidays. I am done arguing with you and am glad you you accepted that all your points and arguments can be traced only to a You tube video which automatically counts you out as a credible witness, blogger or critic in respect of anything relating to the free trade zone or anything Lekki/ajah/ epe expressway.      

For the past 4 years i have been criss-crossing the 4 corners of lekki/ajah and everyday i am learning about new towns and new places that so many people don't know about and i try to share my experiences good or bad with people and ask people to verify for themselves. I have done alot of searches for people in eleko in respects of lands they wanted to buy and i have combed the areas thoroughly and even met some of the original settlers who have told me their stories and complains of neglect and what they want the government to do for them. I will never come out to say anything i am not conversant about talkless of relying on you tube like you to criticize people when you don't even know what the name of the petrol station leading to eleko is called.  

To say that people living in lekki/ajah/ epe expressway are not suffering is to be unkind to the occupants there. The traffic is killing them there and all they need are more roads and channels to make their homes and offices get closer to them. To move from Abraham adesanya to Badore junction at a very bad hour could make you sit down there for almost 20 to 30 minutes because of the traffic grid lock and your still probably going to the mainland. What is more important to those in those areas? An airport or link roads to ease communication? Even the toll gate hasn't solved the so called traffic and in my own opinion has even made it worse with all the traffic lights and stop gaps And your telling me i dont know about the developments of economics. It has nothing to do with who is in power or who i voted for or not. The priority of the people must be taken care of firstly before huge projects that would only worsen the situation.  

Dude, stop chasing me around with your silly and irrelevant essays. You lied and I busted your lies,

Pack your load and move to another part of Lagos or go back to your village if the traffic situation is too much for you, you people are not the only tax payers in Lagos and that's if you are a taxpaying Lagosian gan sef,
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by hercules07: 4:29am On May 10, 2011
@Kobo

As long as they are using private money to build the airports, they can build 72 for all I care, if the airports fail, the investors will lose.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by enyojo(f): 7:48am On May 10, 2011
See insults!!
free use of 'Rubbish', 'stupid', 'nonsence' etc
How I wish peeps pay to use them, then Online threads would have been more intelligent
LOL
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by olugbemi4u: 8:50am On May 10, 2011
Ikorodu is totally neglected Road are bad,lack of portable water,no drinage,there is no single public secoundary school inside isawo,agede,agric ikorodu, primary schools, are not enough ,children are suffering,leaving the same time as a workers leaves to work pupils on their way to schools as early as 4:30am.i am talking of children under 12yrs old what manner of society are we developing.The population inside Agric Ikorodu is more than 5million people after 4yrs of neglect we came out to vote him again.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by enyojo(f): 9:09am On May 10, 2011
olugbemi4u:

Ikorodu is totally neglected Road are bad,lack of portable water,no drinage,there is no single public secoundary school inside isawo,agede,agric ikorodu, primary schools, are not enough ,children are suffering,leaving the same time as a workers leaves to work pupils on their way to schools as early as 4:30am.i am talking of children under 12yrs old what manner of society are we developing.The population inside Agric Ikorodu is more than 5million people after 4yrs of neglect we came out to vote him again.

I feel your pain. However the entire Ikorodu will never lack portable water again. That is if and when the Water Scheme by Fash is completed. but frm the look of things, it will take a long time say in 4 years time since there are cabals against speedy completion. May God help Fashola to squash them squarely.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by sherrify: 11:28am On May 10, 2011
lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Tinubu did well on it's 1st term,wetin happen 2nd term?, Dats just what Fashola is about doing too, brain washing Lagosians, Airport indeed, when electricity,secuirity,hospital,good roads e.t.c,could have becomed over established with that huge amount he wants to spend on building an airport, u need to give comon man satisfaction before embarking on multibillion pay back project, come to think of it self, NiGERIA as we kno u build an airport with N102 Bn and how much them go dey take maintain am, all i can do is lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by mbulela: 12:05pm On May 10, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Lagos is some kind of humongous squatter camp, I tell you.
As per the projects being white elephants: Well, i think they are trying to find the money. I don't imagine it would be easy to find financing for those projects, run the state as usual, and still have some leftovers for the boyz. However, I honestly do not mind if they actually execute those projects. You can't build an airport, develop a free trade zone, and all that stuff, without creating some economic opportunities. So if they do it, I actually would lend them support.

the bold part would have been very funny if it was not painfully true.
i doubt if executing the project is the biggest problem.the crux of the matter is whether it is a pressing need at present?
While you might call it a product of foresight, considering that resources are limited,whether private funded or not, is an international airport what lagos needs?forget about the Lekki axis folks as the airport is not solely for them.
this govt will not build an airport while also building a rail system for public transport in this city.
it will not build an airport while also building the roads needed to open up interior parts of lagos to decongest mainland lagos.
in view of the need to allocate scarce resources, is an aiport the best allocation?
residents of lagos will say an overwhelming NO!!!
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by thameamead(f): 12:43pm On May 10, 2011
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by xxxkubexxx: 1:11pm On May 10, 2011
where the land way they won use. Abi they don forget say lekki na sand fill all through.  Moreover the atlantic has always been threatening to wipe all the inhabitants on the island. And now they want to build another airport. This is my advice.

1. The  state Government should use part of the money on housing (build more housing estate like 1004 housing estate, renovate the existing once like Jakande in ajah lekki).

2. Build more bridges, (Marina to apapa, fourth, fifth, sixth mainland.

3. Revamp the Manufacturing sector, which would discourage smuggling and encourage employment.

4. Enforce mass education (proper orientation saves the State alot of cost in a long run - in terms of security and Health).

5. Adequate Funding of the security agencies, to boost there productivity and level of commitment (by provide proper orientation and appropriate sanctions to those that abuse the responsibilities) this would boost public confidence in the security agencies.  

6. Finally as for the airport. MM1 & 2 are using (One run way) constructing two additional run ways, reducing the price of jet 1 and reducing the charges on airline operators. This would go a long way.

The new airport is not necessary, i think it is a selfish idea brought forward by a few rich men leaving in lekki that don't want to go through the stress of traffic wen traveling abroad for there shaddy deals. What brings development to any community are basic infrastructure and not necessarily an airport. This is just a mere over trading. People are hungry and u want to spend N102bilion to build an airport. Yes we need foreign investors, but if we keep using the proceeds, to make only the foreign investors and the rich more comfortable. Then what happens to the remaining poor people. It makes no sence. Please do what is right. Scale of preference would really help here.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by CrudeOil2(m): 1:23pm On May 10, 2011
Wasting an annual budget on a white elephant project, complete waste of scarce financial resources.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by blacklion(m): 1:29pm On May 10, 2011
The following has emerged very clearly from all this brouhaha about the die-hard propagandists of these white elephant projects -

1. they do not live in or around Lekki axis

2. they do not know the physical location of the FTZ, the proposed airport and the other sites under reference

3. they are basically propagandists and opportunists who are eating or hope to chop from Tinubu

Hence they resort to broad generalizations because they cannot discuss the specific details of something they are clearly ignorant of.

This is also why they result to insults and intimidation when their ignorance is exposed to the world to see.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by blacklion(m): 1:34pm On May 10, 2011
BTW, has any one here heard of something called ECOWAS?  grin

Well, ECOWAS trade liberalization rules is one reason why the proposed Lekki airport may not attract foreign investors as envisaged.

Nigeria has a very bad image for corruption, lawlessness and insecurity. Lagos is particular is feared by many foreigners as a lawless jungle ruled by area boys as portrayed on BBC and CNN documentaries.  Many companies have relocated to Accra from Lagos due to insecurity, power supply and multiple taxation extortion by Lagos state govt agencies.

Accra has a very good reputation and is heavily patronized by tourists and investors. Accra has a far better chance than Lagos of becoming the regional aviation hub and investment destination. Already, many Nigerian businessmen have their base in Accra because both Lagos and Abuja are barely an hour by flight.

BRF has done very well thus far but should focus that huge sum on repairing Lagos infrastructure and providing basic services - education, health etc. That money is also better spent on the proposed light rail project. That would have more broader economic and social impact than a new airport for elites in Lekki axis.

MMA is still under-utilized. There is no economic rationale for yet another international airport in Lagos.

I know Tinubu must chop but BRF should find other ways to satisfy his godfather.
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by olugbemi4u: 1:55pm On May 10, 2011
4th mainland abandoned cos ikorodu is for less privelege people where you have the largest population and tax payers.it's a reap of democracy to have delibrately abandoned 4th mainland bridge project cos where lekki cross bridge to ikoyi under construction with 80% completion.brf response during GOVship debate was political that the same people stay in alimosho and ikorodu worked and enjoin the facilities in vi,ikoyi and lekki this is not fare.money spent on lekki cross bridge would have been used for 4th mainland and his reaponse that the project was affected by global reccession.why lekki airport not affected by global crunch and lekki cross not affected??
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by fatherab1: 3:05pm On May 10, 2011
Correct arguments. How I wish Fashola go read this thread before May 29th, 2011
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by Kobojunkie: 3:42pm On May 10, 2011
hercules07:

@Kobo

As long as they are using private money to  build the airports, they can build 72 for all I care, if the airports fail, the investors will lose.

But the Lagos state example uses PUBLIC money and you said you were behind it 100%. Are you saying you want to make an exception in that case but not in the case where other states do the same?
Re: Lagos Earmarks N102 Bn To Build Lekki Int’l Airport by olugbemi4u: 4:10pm On May 10, 2011
4th mainland abandoned cos ikorodu is for less privelege people where you have the largest population and tax payers.it's a reap of democracy to have delibrately abandoned 4th mainland bridge project cos where lekki cross bridge to ikoyi under construction with 80% completion.brf response during GOVship debate was political that the same people stay in alimosho and ikorodu worked and enjoin the facilities in vi,ikoyi and lekki this is not fare.money spent on lekki cross bridge would have been used for 4th mainland and his reaponse that the project was affected by global reccession.why lekki airport not affected by global crunch and lekki cross not affected??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate / Police Officers Waste Bullets To Celebrate A Politicians Victory / Just In: Labour Protest Starts In Lagos - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.