Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,157 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah (59732 Views)

CJN Orders Disciplinary Action Against Judge Over Criminal Summon On Soludo / Nigerian Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists, Retake Baga (Photos) / Military Prepares Massive Operation To Retake Baga, Others - Daily Trust (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 7:12pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

Lol.
It is what you wrote that is "PURE NONSENSE." And I wonder how you were blasting absolute gibberish thinking you're making sense. I won't even argue with you. Shebi it's only Spanish that was derived from Latin? Abi it was Spaniards that were originally using the word Niggà. Learn, history, mba, do simple google research, rara. Na to dey form rubbish upandan.

Lemme teach you High school History. The first recorded "Niggà" word was when "John Rolfe recorded in his journal the first shipment of Africans to Virginia in 1619, he listed them as "negars." "
Is John Rolfe Spanish?

According to Britannica "Latin language, is an Indo-European language in the Italic group and ancestral to the modern Romance languages. Originally spoken by small groups of people living along the lower Tiber River, Latin spread with the increase of Roman political power, first throughout Italy and then throughout most of western and southern Europe and the central and western Mediterranean coastal regions of Africa. The modern Romance languages developed from the spoken Latin of various parts of the Roman Empire."

Now that you know the Origin of Latin language, and how its derivatives of "Italian, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Romanian, Catalan, Romansh, and other Romance languages are direct descendants of Latin. "...

All that is inconsequential gibberish.

Learn to reel yourself in line with reality.

As stated earlier, the N-word came about during the era of the Conquistador.

The last time I checked, these was Spaniards.

The Spanish Language is from where the N-word derives, I thought everyone knew this.

I guess everyone doesn't know that, well at the very least, you don't know this.

Again, take the time to actually read what was being said before you respond, that way it won't sound nonsensical.

Btw, the same Britannica that states that "Oba" is a Benin term, when everyone who is anyone knows that to be wholly false.

The source you posted is unreliable.

www.britannica.com/biography/Jesus

Here you have your source giving credence to a fictional character.

Is that the source you expect anyone to take serious?

Try again, this time find yourself a neutral source such as the one intervening here today.

There's no difference from you sourcing from the Pope's journals regarding the fictitious character they called Jesus Christ.

What else are you expecting the journals to say?

World history is my field of study, I'm not reliant on Eurocentric jibberjabber, I actually put in the work to reach these conclusions.

Hence I can state categorically that the N-word came about due to the Conquistadors, was later perpetuated by the Portuguese and had its highest usage during colonisation coupled with the horrific transatlantic atrocities.

Again, there was never a point in human history whereby the N-word wasn't made use of as a derogatory term, from its inception up until today.

Assuming you have any proof to the contrary, kindly provide them here.

Therefore, you can pass me with all that nonsensical gibberish you wrote.

The bottom line is that the N-word is toxic and based on derogatory remarks.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 7:41pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

"There are also many Latin derivatives in English as well as a few in German, Dutch, Norwegian, Danish, and Swedish." This is according Wikipedia.

What has this got to does with anything?

Btw, assuming you actually check the same Wikipedia regarding the origin of the "N-word" instead of citing from an unreliable source, perhaps you just might be able to comprehend the actual facts.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 7:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

Lemme teach you High school History. The first recorded "Niggà" word was when "John Rolfe recorded in his journal the first shipment of Africans to Virginia in 1619, he listed them as "negars." "
Is John Rolfe Spanish?

You? Teach us history?

ROFL, no thanks I will take my chances with my own years of research as an under study of the master teachers.

It goes to show that you're poorly read on history.

Instead of you to take to correction, you instead choose to make my point for me.

Now, go and research the era of the Conquistadors and come back here to tell us what period in time they existed.

1619? What era was that of the Conquistadors?

Search engine use is allowed, go ahead tell us what period in time this was.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

Now, come and show me with proof, where the word "N-word" originated from Spanish language.

I will does you one better.

Firstly, I would reiterate the fact that there in excess of ten terms in the Spanish Languages that translate to the colour black.

Eventhough I retain my reservations for the use of the colour "black" as a description of any one person, however for arguments sake and for the sake of putting things into their correct perspective, I will accommodate the use in this particular context.

Now, back to the fact that there are in excess of ten terms that translate to the colour black in the Spanish Languages.

The heck, there are in excess of ten terms that are more appropriate and was in use prior to the 16th century, still in use today.

It's important to note that the most appropriate term to use to describe the African and or anyone of African ascent is - you guessed it - AFRICAN.

Now that has been cleared up, in the Spanish and Portuguese Languages, the more appropriate terms, the ones that was in use prior to the 16th century are "Amulatado", "Bruna", "Bruno", "Bù-io", "Pele Escura"(Portuguese) "Piel Oscura", "Preto" (Spanish), "Morena"(Spanish & Portuguese), "Moreno" (Spanish & Portuguese) e.t.c

According to a reliable source such as Wiktionary, the N-word was borrowed from the Spanish and Portuguese Languages, alluding to the fact that this is actually from where it originates.

The N-word was first recorded in the 16th century (the 45th - 55th years of that century to be precise) from the Spanish and Portuguese Languages; coinciding with the era of the Conquistadors.

Learn true history for all that it's worth, and be one with reality.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by saxha: 8:48pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

All that is inconsequential gibberish.

Learn to reel yourself in line with reality.

As stated earlier, the N-word came about during the era of the Conquistador.

The last time I checked, these was Spaniards.

The Spanish Language is from where the N-word derives, I thought everyone knew this.

I guess everyone doesn't know that, well at the very least, you don't know this.

Again, take the time to actually read what was being said before you respond, that way it won't sound nonsensical.

Btw, the same Britannica that states that "Oba" is a Benin term, when everyone who is anyone knows that to be wholly false.

The source you posted is unreliable.

www.britannica.com/biography/Jesus

Here you have your source giving credence to a fictional character.

Is that the source you expect anyone to take serious?

Try again, this time find yourself a neutral source such as the one intervening here today.

There's no difference from you sourcing from the Pope's journals regarding the fictitious character they called Jesus Christ.

What else are you expecting the journals to say?

World history is my field of study, I'm not reliant on Eurocentric jibberjabber, I actually put in the work to reach these conclusions.

Hence I can state categorically that the N-word came about due to the Conquistadors, was later perpetuated by the Portuguese and had its highest usage during colonisation coupled with the horrific transatlantic atrocities.

Again, there was never a point in human history whereby the N-word wasn't made use of a derogatory term, from its inception up until today.

Assuming you have any proof to the contrary, kindly provide them here.

Therefore, you can pass me with all that nonsensical gibberish you wrote.

The bottom line is that the N-word is toxic and based on derogatory remarks.

Lol. Britannica is poor, Jesus is fictional. So it's you I should believe Or your village history book. Tell me more, please. cheesy cheesy
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 8:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

Lol. Britannica is poor, Jesus is fictional. So it's you I should believe Or your village history book. Tell me more, please. cheesy cheesy

I ain't asking you to believe anything, rather go and research everything that's being said here.

Does your own research based on the clues presented here today.

Furthermore, there's a good reason that us historians would often resort to etymology and perform perusals of certain opaque terminologies.

That's all I'm saying.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by saxha: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
@Amujale, please stop fooling yourself about the word niggér coming from Spanish language. Bring proof from a credible source. I've brought Washington post, Britannica, wikipedia. Where is your source? Who is the first Spanish that used the word niggér?
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by saxha: 8:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

I ain't asking you to believe anything, rather go and research everything that's being said here.

Does your own research based on the clues presented here today.

That's all I'm saying.

Lol. Dey inside your room and be fooling yourself.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 8:58pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

Lol. Dey inside your room and be fooling yourself.

Is that your response?

Really?

I'm asking you to go and research on anything that you may find hard to comprehend and this is your response?
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 9:00pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:
@Amujale, please stop fooling yourself about the N-word coming from Spanish language. Bring proof from a credible source.

It's obvious you have comprehension issues.

Kindly take the time to actually READ what is being said before responding, that way it won't sound as being nonsensical gibberish.

Amujale:

According to a reliable source such as Wiktionary, "the N-word was borrowed from the Spanish and Portuguese Languages" , alluding to the fact that this is actually from where it originates.

The N-word was first recorded in the 16th century (the 45th - 55th years of that century to be precise) from the Spanish and Portuguese Languages; coinciding with the era of the Conquistadors.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by saxha: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

Is that your response?

Really?

I'm asking you to go and research on anything that you may find hard to comprehend and this is your response?

I've researched already.

Paste your researched link here.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

According to a reliable source such as Wiktionary, "the N-word was borrowed from the Spanish and Portuguese Languages" , alluding to the fact that this is actually from where it originates.

Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by saxha: 9:04pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

It's obvious you have comprehension issues.

Kindly take the time to actually READ what is being said before responding, that way it won't sound as being nonsensical gibberish.

Is bringing proof too hard for you? Paste a credible link here that shows the word 'niggér' originated from Spanish.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 9:05pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

I've researched already.

It's obvious that you haven't whatsoever.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:
.... I've brought Washington post, Britannica, wikipedia.

Britannica and Washington Post aren't reliable sources in terms of this subject matter.

Wikipedia is a brilliant and reliable source, one that you haven't actually READ.

Assuming you wasnt bridling through the text and actually took the time to READ, then, you would have seen the quote within previous responses.

That was a direct quote from Wiktionary, I advice you to go to the Wikipedia article for the N-word and then come back here to make sense.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by saxha: 9:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

Britannica and Washington Post aren't reliable sources in terms of this subject matter.

Wikipedia is a brilliant and reliable source, one that you haven't actually READ.

Assuming you wasnt bridling through the text and actually took the time to READ, then, you would have seen the quote within previous responses.

That was a direct quote from Wiktionary, I advice you to go to the Wikipedia article for the N-word and then come back here to make sense.

Niggér is a Latin derivative, which is not English. However, the first recorded "Niggér" word used for describing Africans, was made by an English man, not a Spanish.

Latin speakers knew the word "Nigger" as color black until English men began to use it to refer to Africans.

Hence, the word "Niggér" is factual because it's a word originally used in referring to black color, and it has been existing in Latin before the Europeans came in contact with the Africans.

It's like saying the word "Aboki" is not factual, when it is a language in Hausa, even if Southerners don't like to be called the name.

Hausa knew "Aboki" as "friend" in their language, until southerners began using it for something else.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 9:42pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

Is bringing proof too hard for you? Paste a credible link here that shows the word 'niggér' originated from Spanish.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-word

https://aaregistry.org/story/n-word-the-word-a-history

www.dictionary.com/browse/n-word

www.lexico.com/definition/n-word
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 9:53pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

Hence, the "N-word" is factual because it's a word originally used in referring to black color, and it has been existing in Latin before the Europeans came in contact with the Africans.

That's completely and utterly false and disengenous.

The first recording of the use of the N-word was based upon the writings of the Spaniards and the Portuguese, especially the Spaniards.

I've told you exactly who they was writing about, they was recording the expeditions of the Conquistadors.

How did that part elude you?

That is a lame excuse as I already pointed out the fact that there are in excess of ten terms that translates to the colour black, non of which is the N-word.

The N-word was invented as a derogatory term, point blank and period.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by saxha: 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

That's completely and utterly false and disengenous.

The first recording of the use of the N-word was based upon the writings of the Spaniards and the Portuguese, especially the Spaniards.

I've told you exactly who they was writing about, they was recording the expeditions of the Conquistadors.

How did that part elude you?

You're totally wrong.
The first recorded "niggér" for Africans was written by an English man, John Rolfe.
Bring your proof, if it's otherwise.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 10:03pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

You're totally wrong.
The first recorded "n-word" for Africans was written by an English man, John Rolfe.
Bring your proof, if it's otherwise.

Again that is completely and utterly false.

In doesn't really matter if you are going to take to corrections or not, the facts remain unchanged.

Did you even bother to follow the links posted earlier?

I'm guessing you haven't and that's a shame.

Arguing pointlessly without any sense of awareness to the facts presented here.

Read, you won't read.

Research! You won't research.

You find it hard to follow the sources I posted earlier.

I'm guessing that it really doesn't matter what the facts state, you just are intent on arguing pointlessly.

My advice is for you to actually take the time to READ what is being said here, does further research and come back here to build accordingly.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by saxha: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/N-word

https://aaregistry.org/story/n-word-the-word-a-history

www.dictionary.com/browse/n-word

www.lexico.com/definition/n-word

All your links only mentioned how the original meaning of "niggér" which is color black is traceable to Latin which makes it factual. And I never disputed that. That's all. It never talked about how the Latin speakers were using "Niggér" to refer to Africans until John Rolfe did in 1619.
Bring your fact, which Spanish book or Spanish author used the word "Niggér" to refer to Africans before the year 1619?
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 10:26pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

All your links only mentioned how the original meaning of "n-word" which is color black is traceable to Latin which makes it factual.

According to African history, The N-word is toxic, and due to the toxicity of this term, it seemed vile and wholly inappropriate in many countries around the globe.

Prior to the era of the Conquistadors, prior to the 16th century, there never was a time in human history whereby the N-word was translated as any colour including the colour black.

As a matter of fact, that term was a made-up term that was used as a derogatory term from the get go.

Goes to show you're pretending you can't read properly.

I've spoon fed you enough, I'm not going to waste my precious time on your flawed arguments.

You're actually meant to read the entire articles of the links.

The facts that you're arguing pointlessly against is what you missed within the sources you claim to have read, and is proof to that effect as well.

The facts are right there staring at you and you still carry on with your flawed argument.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by saxha: 10:30pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

Goes to show you're pretending you can't read properly.

I've spoon fed you enough, I'm not going to waste my precious time on your flawed arguments.

You're actually meant to read the entire articles of the links.

The facts that you're arguing pointlessly against is what you missed within the sources you claim to have read, and is proof to that effect as well.

The facts are right there staring at you and you still carry on with your flawed argument.

Lol. Which fact

Show any Spanish book or Spanish author that used the word "Niggér" to refer to Africans before the year 1619?
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

What makes you think the term "Oba" is not a Benin term ?
Are you basing your speech on logics and facts or on your "beliefs" ?
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

According to African history,

Your statement is meaningless, you are supposed to give a source, a thing written by an eyewitness instead of saying something as vague as "according to african history", this is childish at best.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jul 04, 2021
It is weird that it takes so much time for this guy to answer very simple questions.

Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2021
saxha:

Show any Spanish book or Spanish author that used the word "N-word"...

All the evidence (you know the one that eludes you?) proves that the N-word originates from the Spanish languages.

You're argument is flawed.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

All the evidence (you know the one that eludes you?) proves that the N-word originates from the Spanish languages.

You're argument is flawed.

Do you intend to answer my simple question asking you to provide a proof to your baseless claim of Oba not being a Benin term.

Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
ghostwon333:

What makes you think the term "Oba" is not a Benin term ?
Are you basing your speech on logics and facts or on your "beliefs" ?

Oba is the generic Yoruba term for King and not original to the Benin, even a kindergarten knows these simple facts.

Have you ever heard of Oh-Bi-Ah Oba?

The term was "adopted" by the ruling class at the time and remains as so today.

So get on your bike, dude.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2021
OK, amujale is just an other of those anti-intellect yoruba who challenge common sense and facts, they basically challenge logical reasoning. they live in an alternate reality. The igbos have many people like this as well, many of them are called ipob.
This is the southern version of boko haram. They basically oppose intelectual activity and research.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 04, 2021
Amujale:

Oba is the generic Yoruba term for King and not a original to the Benin.

The term was "adopted" by the ruling class at the time and remains as so today.

So get on your bike, dude.

When exactly did "Oba" become a "generic yoruba word for king" ? Indeed the word emir also means king in northern nigeria, but we all know it is a foreign (arabic) title.
Re: CJN Orders Justice Olasunbo To Retake Oath After Mentioning Allah by Amujale(m): 10:52pm On Jul 04, 2021
ghostwon333:
OK, amujale is just an other of those anti-intellect yoruba who challenge common sense and facts, they basically challenge logical reasoning. they live in an alternate reality..

You reverse psychology has failed you.

The only anti-Yoruba nitwit around here is you.

You have some nerve.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Port Harcourt Shuts Down For Peter Obi (Photos) / Market Woman Tries To Pour Garri On VP Osinbajo's Hand At Ikenne Market / Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.