Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,608 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? (42423 Views)

Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet / There’s No Job Better Than Police – AIG Reveals Why / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 02, 2021
mrkings84:

So in essence u are saying that Nigeria and Nigerians are not great?
That's left for you to decide.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by mrkings84(m): 12:28pm On Jul 02, 2021
SegFault:

That's left for you to decide.

Nice them, so I maintain that Nigeria and her citizens is great
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by OtunbaBlack(m): 1:03pm On Jul 02, 2021
Mikael0407:

Trying my best bro. Applying for jobs everywhere

It gets better bro you’re not alone.. let’s connect over WhatsApp

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Suspect33(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2021
Hamachi:
would you like to learn crypto?
yes
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by kikuyu1(m): 6:41pm On Jul 02, 2021
kikuyu1:
Tbh, I can't relate but based on many personal observations the crucial thing is LEARN NEW THINGS!?
I know your personal finances are likely zero but do small hustles- get hired as an Uber driver, find a rural plot of land and farm. I know in Naij this isn't an option but an acquaintance in your situation went this route a decade ago.
He started off with 6 cows IIRC and grew them to 40 in 5 years leveraging the biz into a milk ATM partnership and never looked back. Last I heard he's now a major player in real estate in Ruiru town some 40 km NE of Nairobi.
I realise you guys generally don't farm but it NEED not be dairy- what do Lagosians need? Sweet potatoes, chicken, eggs, greens? Identify the need and start at the bottom.

OP, this is THE mentality we ALL need!

Thank you. I hope people get inspired and know that they can achieve anything they want, no matter who you are and what you have right now. It is possible.

I was bullied all my life by family and friends, dem beat me tire, they even called me a snail because I was so slow. But my behavior was a result of the bullying and abuse. My parents said I would never amount to nothing. I’ve seen hunger, I’ve cried. There were days I would wake up and wish I had died in my sleep.

It took me 2 years of planning to leave Nigeria. I saved every naira, got information, and never gave up. I got rejected by 27 schools and never stopped trying. I didn’t even know anybody in Europe but I knew I would survive.

I was 26yrs when I left Naija. Now I’m 32+ and I’m a man of my own. I pay my bills, travel the world and can do anything I want. All the people that bullied me, now they look up to me. Nothing happens in my family unless I give my opinion. That “snail” has become a leader, by God’s grace. So I hope people reading this can know that they can do it. Whether abroad or in Nigeria.

Instead of spending time on Linda Ikeji blog arguing and cursing Bobrisky, use that data and time to research how you can achieve things. I will do my best to share all the information I can with you guys. Thank you and stay positive.

He made his own way;with DETERMINATION.
[url][https://www.nairaland.com/5833204/being-black-berlin-germany/21url]
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by elonize(m): 7:27pm On Jul 02, 2021
yeme7:
U didn't failed... Like someone said here learn crypto trading and make a earn living.. Currently I'm 30 I'm living with my parents after I graduated, all my friends are into yahoo etc all sorts of illegal things.. But I took a bold stepped to learn crypto in a whatsapp group plus someone taught me.. Here I'm investing for the future... I'm into graphic design.. Just that recently my pc got crashed.. So I went into crypto fully.. With that u can still be searching for jobs and I know your star will shine don't let anyone make u feel bad as long there is life there is hope... It's only a dead person that doesn't have hope. Have a blessed day
God nawa...y PC crash. cry
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Ruby12: 1:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
QuinModah:
STOP making excuses and START putting in the work…

The next season of YOU is about to start… but the big question is, are you ready?

If you’re reading this, I dare you to dedicate the next 6 months to work on your goals. No announcements, just work.

I want to see you level up and give it your all to get to that next stage… but it’s up to you to put in the effort and the time.

So do you accept? Give me a if you’re in!!!

“�”
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by VTJN(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2021
KingofHearts:
Way back people open their doors to one another, sharing and exchanging ideas and resources towards collective prosperity.

People move from villages to live with relatives so that they too can succeed.People stretched limited resource towards getting kinsmen educated or financially better through trade support.Hunger wasn’t so spelt out and this visible because your neighbors will call you to come and eat!

There is crazy hunger in the land and level of unemployment is crazy.Men who don’t have money will not marry, anyone without the link to progress in education or make better career decision will look behind and hopeless.

Why does it look and feel like some are behind in our world of today.It is simply because we have forgotten how collective prosperity got us there!!! We no longer open our doors to support each other,our walls use to be low but now higher than the building it’s self,we are always looking for means to defraud and scam each other rather than help each other.Other people cannot correct our children in our absence, families now avoid one another because they don’t want to help,it is now me and my family only.

We are now backward as humans and as a people and need to re-trace our footing towards a path that helped us all..the helpful path of collective prosperity!!

On a lighter mood****if you have husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend you are not using share with or gift someone who is in need oo,if you have spare shoes,clothes please decongest that wardrobe and share,if you have food items in excess kindly ask your neighbor if they need…Buhari time is not a joke ooo
this is a wonderful writeup
You are absolutely right bro. Greed is also another major problem eating us deeply.

Myself and i want the best ride, houses, accessories, beautiful wife/husband et al without putting the needy into consideration.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by VTJN(m): 7:03pm On Jul 03, 2021
Hamachi:
What if I show you ways you you can make money with your smart phone?
show me too boss

Sapa is fvcking real

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by VTJN(m): 7:49pm On Jul 03, 2021
zubinike:

Your failure is coming here to share this ......oga don't allow time, people or resources determine your success growth.

My 10kobo, Do not despise days of little beginning. Get yourself involve in something doing, a skill or two......and pray for Grace. No late comer to success.
sincerely speaking that's what some people used to measure their success growth

Time/season
People
Resources
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by VTJN(m): 7:52pm On Jul 03, 2021
Ekeeyhandsome:
Nope u r not a failure..this is my story
I left Nigeria at the age of 28 and made my first 1m year later, 3yrs after I'm worth morethan 15m.. I'm still grinding though, cox the only thing better thn money is more money
i swear bro

Show me way na boss
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by VTJN(m): 8:11pm On Jul 03, 2021
ravensckar:
Of all the useless posts that I've read today, yours is the most useless. The way some of you type at times, one can't help but wonder if you reason from your anus. angry angry

There's nothing absolutely wrong with someone who hasn't achieved anything at 27. He still lives with his parents. So? He hasn't got a job or a wife? Ehn? So long as he has his education, skill and focus (not deviating from his goal). He will definitely make something out of his life. For your information, at 27 too, despite being a graduate, I was still living with my parents. I was working tirelessly but still earning less than today's minimum wage. Whenever I heard the word 'marriage', my soul will depart my body in fear. Fast forward to this moment, the Lord has been extremely faithful. Man is balling and enjoying life. How did it happen? I never lost sight of my goal and the day an opportunity came knocking, I was at home to receive it. No knowledge or certificate is ever a waste unless the bearer doesn't understand what education entails.

PS- Dear graduates (both fresh & old) please keep your spirit up and never lose sight of your goals. The Lord will answer your prayers.
halleluyah!

Please bro if you don't mind to help with any opening in your place of work, i seriously need something doing to put food on my table

Begging isn't an option
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by yeme7(m): 10:38pm On Jul 03, 2021
elonize:
God nawa...y PC crash. cry

It was a low budget pc 2gb ram it was slow I knew it but I wasn't fast to unistalled the softwares so that there would space the day I off it, I on it back that was the end.. Thou have been managing since 2014 till 2021, that's life that won't make me to stop I have to look fo another means to survive.. As long God created us we gonna survive.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by kokoboy4life(m): 8:49am On Jul 04, 2021
lokoventurex1:
You have not failed bro.

I was 32 last year May. I was staying with my mum and if she didn't come back from shop, I might not get food.

I was very determined though. I was almost frustrated. All jobs I applied for were not bringing any interview. So, my younger sister said I should try POS.

That was it. I didn't have money and she couldn't even help with money too. I cherish that her single advise till tomorrow.

I solicited for help from friends and family and raised the needed money. I built a kiosk and got a terminal.

I have made over 1.5M savings and over 2.5M profit between September last year till now and it keeps getting better.

This was how I moved out of my mum's house and gives her allowance every month.

Meanwhile, I prayed and still praying. Surely, God answers prayers .

Don't just see yourself a failure cos I never saw myself as one even despite am older than you.

Gather yourself up and be sincere with yourself.

It's not necessarily a salary job. Wish I knew this earlier..

I am happy for your life, how much did you spent to set up the business and it surprises me that there’s huge profits in POS business. Kindly shed more light on it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Whats: 5:57pm On Aug 21, 2021
Sorry
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Bluemoonhub(f): 3:31pm On Oct 09, 2021
You have not failed as a man
Affiliate marketing can only give you that dream lifestyle you want all from the xfort of your home, to know more please msg me on whatsapp

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Bluemoonhub(f): 3:33pm On Oct 09, 2021
[quote author=VTJN post=103338309]halleluyah!

Please bro if you don't mind to help with any opening in your place of work, i seriously need something doing to put food on my table

Begging isn't an option [ let's get you started on affiliate marketing, copywriting, passive income cash, freelancing, message me on WhatsApp...08113419830]
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Bluemoonhub(f): 3:35pm On Oct 09, 2021
Let me show you how to make money with your smartphone
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by marksleek2584(m): 3:39pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ekeeyhandsome:
Nope u r not a failure..this is my story
I left Nigeria at the age of 28 and made my first 1m year later, 3yrs after I'm worth morethan 15m.. I'm still grinding though, cox the only thing better thn money is more money
what's the secret bro
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by lokoventurex1(m): 3:57pm On Nov 17, 2021
FunnyDude:

Bro don't lie POS can't give you 2.5m profit within September till now.
Untop the 100 naira and 200 naira charges
f
No lies bro. Why would I lie ? Who am I trying to impress here ? If only you knew about my story, you'll agree with me that God deliberately used and using this business to compensate me. It's still going very good and I give God the glory.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by lokoventurex1(m): 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2021
timibare:
1.5million savings from POS business How ? Nor b juju b that
It is beyond my comprehension bro. The funny part is that the money no make sense again for my sight. Our wants are insatiable truly. The more you earn , the more bills dey yapa.

Above all, God has remained faithful!
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by lokoventurex1(m): 4:04pm On Nov 17, 2021
yeme7:

Thank God u said u have friends and family... How about those who don't have back and front no help how can such person survive... Bro urs is good because u have people
This your assertion is very wrong. I enjoin you join a Bible based living church.

How could you say you don't have anyone to help you? Should I start to tell you none of immediate siblings was able to assist me when I needed capital to start? Majority of the money came from outside people.

You can also get this and even more than what I got if you'll be sincere with yourself. I'm not from a rich family at all. I only have good people I've over the years built a good relationship with. Let people trust you bro...

I didn't disappoint those that helped me . I ensured I paid back all they borrowed me before I started my own savings..

I look forward to reading your testimony here too..
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by lokoventurex1(m): 4:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
kokoboy4life:

I am happy for your life, how much did you spent to set up the business and it surprises me that there’s huge profits in POS business. Kindly shed more light on it. Thanks.
I am sorry am just doing a response to this question, but I know it will help someone.

I did my kiosk and painting for 70k(August 2020). I got a good space with the help of God and paid 28k for one year rent. I got my first machine for 65k(you don't need to buy an expensive machine like that) I later bought a machine for 20k and it's the terminal doing the magic till today.

I did wiring and fan for 10k. I did banner and branding for 7k. I bought the plank I placed on the gutter I put my kiosk on and its workmanship for 15k. They're actually very strong ones and a still enjoying them till today. People pass on it every minutes (not necessarily my customers alone).

I started the business with 150k capital. I will put 50k in the machine and put 100k in my hand. The story has changed today. As I type, I've over 900k cash with me, not to talk of what I've in my terminals.

You can always ask me your questions or send a message via Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by yeme7(m): 5:01pm On Nov 17, 2021
lokoventurex1:

This your assertion is very wrong. I enjoin you join a Bible based living church.

How could you say you don't have anyone to help you? Should I start to tell you none of immediate siblings was able to assist me when I needed capital to start? Majority of the money came from outside people.

You can also get this and even more than what I got if you'll be sincere with yourself. I'm not from a rich family at all. I only have good people I've over the years built a good relationship with. Let people trust you bro...

I didn't disappoint those that helped me . I ensured I paid back all they borrowed me before I started my own savings..

I look forward to reading your testimony here too..

Amen
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by kokoboy4life(m): 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
lokoventurex1:

I am sorry am just doing a response to this question, but I know it will help someone.

I did my kiosk and painting for 70k(August 2020). I got a good space with the help of God and paid 28k for one year rent. I got my first machine for 65k(you don't need to buy an expensive machine like that) I later bought a machine for 20k and it's the terminal doing the magic till today.

I did wiring and fan for 10k. I did banner and branding for 7k. I bought the plank I placed on the gutter I put my kiosk on and its workmanship for 15k. They're actually very strong ones and a still enjoying them till today. People pass on it every minutes (not necessarily my customers alone).

I started the business with 150k capital. I will put 50k in the machine and put 100k in my hand. The story has changed today. As I type, I've over 900k cash with me, not to talk of what I've in my terminals.

Hello Thanks for the response. I have learnt a lot from your write up and I wish to a have further discussion with you, I will be glad if you can share your mobile number with me so that we can continue our conversation through WhatsApp. Thanks so much. God Bless you.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by jaido007: 7:10am On Nov 20, 2021
Can I have your WhatsApp number bro
lokoventurex1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boss Group Of Companies - Interview Invitation / My Fiancé Just Lost His Job / Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.