Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? (42426 Views)

Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet / There’s No Job Better Than Police – AIG Reveals Why / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by phorget(m): 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
Do your best and leave the rest.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Omisport01: 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
I am 25 years old a Laspotech dropout cos of money and jobless and my mom is the one feeding me and she's getting old and tired . Am trying to learn crypto but no free class just tapping around from free groups I can get into
Have I failed also?

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Unik3030: 1:07pm On Jul 01, 2021
donofdons:
Let me not sugar coat it for you because that will make you happy and finally, become a total and irredeemable failure.

Oga, you are currently a failure and a loser. The sooner you realize it, the better for you. Any man who is 27 years old, lives with his mom and have not skill for which someone can pay him enough money to live by himself is a loafer. Add alcohol, marijuana and ashawo to it and you are on your way to becoming a vagabond. My best advice to you is to escape from nigeria to USA, Europe, Australia etc and make something out of yourself. If you don’t fix your life within 6 years, Na only God fit save you from penury
u are just an idiot,where will a broke jobless man get money to travel abroad?
Don't even mention sourcing from family cos if he had them he would have started a lil business a long time ago,u useless motivational speakers who are only good at talking thrash

13 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by iLegendd(m): 1:08pm On Jul 01, 2021
I didn't read your post, but with the title, no, you haven't failed. As long as you're alive, you're a winner. The only person who is still alive and a failure is Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by elonmuskbaby: 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
No you haven't.its nigerian government (bubu) that has failed you.during campaign he promised heaven and earth.now h and his Aboki minions have become a national nuisance

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by ravensckar(m): 1:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
donofdons:
Let me not sugar coat it for you because that will make you happy and finally, become a total and irredeemable failure.

Oga, you are currently a failure and a loser. The sooner you realize it, the better for you. Any man who is 27 years old, lives with his mom and have not skill for which someone can pay him enough money to live by himself is a loafer. Add alcohol, marijuana and ashawo to it and you are on your way to becoming a vagabond. My best advice to you is to escape from nigeria to USA, Europe, Australia etc and make something out of yourself. If you don’t fix your life within 6 years, Na only God fit save you from penury
Of all the useless posts that I've read today, yours is the most useless. The way some of you type at times, one can't help but wonder if you reason from your anus. angry angry

There's nothing absolutely wrong with someone who hasn't achieved anything at 27. He still lives with his parents. So? He hasn't got a job or a wife? Ehn? So long as he has his education, skill and focus (not deviating from his goal). He will definitely make something out of his life. For your information, at 27 too, despite being a graduate, I was still living with my parents. I was working tirelessly but still earning less than today's minimum wage. Whenever I heard the word 'marriage', my soul will depart my body in fear. Fast forward to this moment, the Lord has been extremely faithful. Man is balling and enjoying life. How did it happen? I never lost sight of my goal and the day an opportunity came knocking, I was at home to receive it. No knowledge or certificate is ever a waste unless the bearer doesn't understand what education entails.

PS- Dear graduates (both fresh & old) please keep your spirit up and never lose sight of your goals. The Lord will answer your prayers.

16 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by notoriousbabe: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
No you have not failed, Nigeria failed you
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Vanmatrix(m): 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
Jessepaid:
Hehehe...

No be all men dey get beards at 17...

Some get it at 30...

Work toward success and aim for greatness...

You don't pray for wealth and riches then sit and fold your hands expecting a miracle...

Get something doing....

I asked my father once...

Dad how did you train us all, including bills in this harsh economy without losing you mind?

He said one word....

Relax...

Everything falls In place after a while

Thanks bro...
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by GeneralPula: 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
All I see here is someone trying to market Bogger or shey nah burger..
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by 12345baba(m): 1:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
Not yet, but ur about to
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by chymeze: 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
As long as you're making sincere effort to make a living, you haven't failed.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Akharmony: 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
first, learn to belief in yourself. and comparing your life to someone else i think it very wrong.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Vanmatrix(m): 1:14pm On Jul 01, 2021
Elock1:
I swear my brother.

Being a Nigerian and a first born son it's even worse.

Pressure everywhere.

I lost my sanity nd regained it back!!!

Ain’t easy

3 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by blazepascal(m): 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
dfrost:

The bold words and encouragement.

exactly!!!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Sleekfingers: 1:15pm On Jul 01, 2021
Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde.

I read something really inspiring a few days back, I can’t find that picture now, so I will try to quote it to as much accuracy as possible
I’ve seen people falling in love at 18, getting married at 21, having kids at 24, and living the perfect life. I’ve seen people starting their college at 24, and not getting married before 35. I’ve seen perfect relationships turning into beautiful marriages and I’ve seen perfect marriages falling apart. I’ve seen people having paid jobs at 21, and joining college at 23, and I’ve seen people graduating at 25, and not having any job till 31.

The point is it’s not that someone is winning the race or someone is lagging behind. The point is it’s not a race, but life. It goes on, and it won’t go on according to the other person, it will go on according to you. Everyone’s life has different pace, and different phases, just because you’re still struggling, doesn’t mean you’re behind someone. You are working on your own pace.

See, everyone has problems. The people you think look perfect on the outside, are the ones who are fighting bigger issues on the inside. It’s you who has to tackle your problems, and tackle them one by one. If you look at the problems, it’s like an army and you have limited ammunition to kill them all. If you will panic you will throw your ammo on one set of problems, and later regret because you’d still be surrounded by it. So say plan.

Plan and tackle them one by one. One ammo on one problem at a time. No money? Get a job. No job? Study and prepare for interviews. Plan your life, and your schedule and routine, and do things one by one, and I’m sure by this time next year, most of your problems would’ve been gone!

You’re not a failure and no one is, all I see are soldiers fighting for a better future ahead with much enemies disguised as Unemployment, Poverty, Lack of support etc.

Less I forget, always stay connected to positive friends or better still business friends.

Shared from Bogger.

Kindly share your thought on this.

oga go and learn a skill online.....there are hundred of opportunities online......and stop go about with certificates.......as a matter of fact, there are lots opportunities out there.......

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Anaerobi(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
I'm 27, living with
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by richboy01(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
Omisport01:
I am 25 years old a Laspotech dropout cos of money and jobless and my mom is the one feeding me and she's getting old and tired . Am trying to learn crypto but no free class just tapping around from free groups I can get into
Have I failed also?
better stop crypto now

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Anaerobi(m): 1:16pm On Jul 01, 2021
I'm 27, living with my Parents, I have never call myself a fairlure.

I just see a light at the end of the Tunnel.

So you aren't a failure.

6 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Goodman247: 1:17pm On Jul 01, 2021
Don't let that bother you, Focus on your life work hard and earn well so that you can rent your apartment,shalom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by blazepascal(m): 1:18pm On Jul 01, 2021
dfrost:

The bold words and encouragement.

exactly!!??
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by olurili(m): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2021
wiseone28:
No you have not fail..

Just that Nigeria failed you..

we were meant to believe that education is the key to success..

But now graduates are apprentice to people who doesn't even have a waec
this touch me,my boss that drop out of school at jss3 have like 5 graduates working under him,2 driver,2bakers 1 sales boy,he is one of the rich bakery owner in nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Miraj22(f): 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2021
Why don't you apply for Chinese or Korean scholarship, 2:2 can get you Chinese scholarship.

4 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by TLE900: 1:21pm On Jul 01, 2021
can’t find that picture now, so I will try to quote it to as much accuracy as possible
I’ve seen people falling in love at 18, getting married at 21, having kids at 24, and living the perfect life. I’ve seen people starting their college at 24, and not getting married before 35. I’ve seen perfect relationships turning into beautiful marriages and I’ve seen perfect marriages falling apart. I’ve seen people having paid jobs at 21, and joining college at 23, and I’ve seen people graduating at 25, and not having any job till 31.

The point is it’s not that someone is winning the race or someone is lagging behind. The point is it’s not a race, but life. It goes on, and it won’t go on according to the other person, it will go on according to you. Everyone’s life has different pace, and different phases, just because you’re still struggling, doesn’t mean you’re behind someone. You are working on your own pace.

See, everyone has problems. The people you think look perfect on the outside, are the ones who are fighting bigger issues on the inside. It’s you who has to tackle your problems, and tackle them one by one. If you look at the problems, it’s like an army and you have limited ammunition to kill them all. If you will panic you will throw your ammo on one set of problems, and later regret because you’d still be surrounded by it. So say plan.

Plan and tackle them one by one. One ammo on one problem at a time. No money? Get a job. No job? Study and prepare for interviews. Plan your life, and your schedule and routine, and do things one by one, and I’m sure by this time next year, most of your problems would’ve been gone!

You’re not a failure and no one is, all I see are soldiers fighting for a better future ahead with much enemies disguised as Unemployment, Poverty, Lack of support etc.

Less I forget, always stay connected to positive friends or better still business friends.

Shared from Bogger.

Kindly share your thought on this.[/quote]
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 1:22pm On Jul 01, 2021
You haven't failed young man... just plan and restrategies ... leave your comfort zone... if you have means of living Nigeria do quick that's ur slimmest chance of making it in hurry... was once in ur position till I do the right thing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by TLE900: 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2021
Do things that can give little money for the short term not minding the nature. NETWORK, NETWORK NETWORK among your friends and family. Get something that will make you active. Sitting at home will worsen your condition.
Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde.

I read something really inspiring a few days back, I can’t find that picture now, so I will try to quote it to as much accuracy as possible

Shared from Bogger.

Kindly share your thought on this.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Asadujames202(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2021
Bighead95:
Hmmmm this life no balance oo.

I just feel no one should abuse or bully who are jobless because it's not there fault...

Graduated from school no job
The youths have turned illegal job into legal because the youths must eat and live a good life ...

I repeat no one should abuse or make jest of people who are broke

Who cares of been abused or made jest off

When hunger wire you, you go understand sharp sharp

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by abuhusna1: 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2021
Keep pushing and keep praying. If god wants to favour you he uses what you know how to do best to favour you.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by originally(m): 1:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
I was jobless at 29, now story is different. Keep pushing.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by cyrusmillz: 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
nopee
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Majid1990(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2021
I just left my family house @ 30 but certainly I have planned for it. I told myself I will celebrate my 31st birthday in a convenience apartment thank God am living in a flat today be hopeful sir

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Bhol28: 1:30pm On Jul 01, 2021
Guy be careful o,make u no go kill yourself unnecessarily. Plenty dey wey old pass u by far and still dey papa/mama house.u even go School,some no read anything no learn trade sef.Just keep trying,e go happen very soon,even if na 30k job u see take am and start from there.From 30k u fit promote come dey get 250k or more.Everybody get there own time.Na so,talking from my personal life experience

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boss Group Of Companies - Interview Invitation / My Fiancé Just Lost His Job / Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.