Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? (42434 Views)

Why Have I Always Failed Job Aptitude Test??? Most Especially Dragnet / There’s No Job Better Than Police – AIG Reveals Why / How I Failed An Interview With One Of The Leading Brewery In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Sleekfingers: 2:59pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hamachi:
Which skills? Can you help with useful ones I can learn in a space of 1 yr

graphic design, website developing, video editing. Graphic design dey sell like akara.....there are lots of learning resources about graphic designs on youtube.........just give any of the three a trial.......after learning you can get online jobs from fiverr, peopleperhour etc.......

4 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 01, 2021
No brother, you are still very early if you get your act together. I'm 30, a student, jobless and dependent on parents. But everything changed at a blink of an eye during the lockdown. I made my first million and then multimillionaire in few months. Still no job, no nothing all I have is smart phone and internet. Fully armed to the tilt. I'm worth way more than all the people that have spent several years working their ass off in labour market.
Internet is very rich with nearly untapped goldmine. Use it wisely and see your life changed at a blink of an eye. Nairaland will not make you money but will waste your time. Like I said use internet wisely. Know why you are here, what you are out looking for, persevere, be patient and be legit and your time will come, it always does. Don't be tempted into quick money schemes and scams. Online, everybody is your friend & companion, you're a liberal, you are a peace maker, no bigotry, shun hate and be a citizen of the world. Exceptional people are too busy building their life and legacy than greater majority of wretched masses fighting and chasing things that don't even matter. Good luk out there, mate. Salud!

3 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Lilpen3758: 3:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
IQUIT:
To be man for this country hard.
na wetin make you quit?? sad sad

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Lilpen3758: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nairobi33:
No brother, you are still very early if you get your act together. I'm 30, a student, jobless and dependent on parents. But everything changed at a blink of an eye during the lockdown. I made my first million and then multimillionaire in few months. Still no job, no nothing all I have is smart phone and internet. Fully armed to the tilt. I'm worth way more than all the people that have spent several years working their ass off in labour market.
Internet is very rich with nearly untapped goldmine. Use it wisely and see your life changed at a blink of an eye. Nairaland will not make you money but will waste your time. Like I said use internet wisely. Know why you are here, what you are out looking for, persevere, be patient and be legit and your time will come, it always does. Don't be tempted into quick money schemes and scams. Online, everybody is your friend & companion, you're a liberal, you are a peace maker, no bigotry, shun hate and be a citizen of the world. Exceptional people are too busy building their life and legacy than greater majority of wretched masses fighting and chasing things that don't even matter. Good luk out there, mate. Salud!
na forex trader you be boss??
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by omoyeni37: 3:11pm On Jul 01, 2021
Ekeeyhandsome:
Nope u r not a failure..this is my story
I left Nigeria at the age of 28 and made my first 1m year later, 3yrs after I'm worth morethan 15m.. I'm still grinding though, cox the only thing better thn money is more money
Brother, a little help from you today will really made my day sir, if it's 500 naira, at least i will be able to eat today, God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 01, 2021
This write-up is not meant for the Nigerian youth.Are you talking about Nigeria where the youths who graduated at 25years and cannot get a well paying job because most employers are looking for an age below 23 years to leave their parents houses?Where will they get money to rent a room apartment in a place like Lagos where if one doesn't have #150,000 he cannot rent a room apartment? How much is minimum wage?To make matters worst Covid19 has really dealt a blow on many Nigerian workers who are striving to make ends mee in this hard economic conditiont.Many have lost their jobs.The ones who are lucky to be recalled are being paid half salaries.Many are even owing utility bills and house rent since last year because of the lockdown that made them not to go out to work and get paid.Dont let Nigerian youth take to crime because of peer pressure.Think before you type.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Memyselfu2009(m): 3:28pm On Jul 01, 2021
You have not failed the system have failed us
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Drefaithful(m): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2021
Don't ever see yourself to have failed otherwise, you have failed already. You have to be steadfast in your dealings and never look down on yourself, if you do that means you have inferiority complex and it weigh one down more than cancer.

At your age i was in 200 Level, i graduated exactly 30, to God be the glory, here i am today gainfully employed, even most of my Secondary School mate who were fortunate to had gotten admission and graduated before i entered University were today envy my achievement, indeed is not how far but how well.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by shogsman(m): 3:33pm On Jul 01, 2021
In this country and economy,nope you're still on track
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by flokii: 3:37pm On Jul 01, 2021
@OP you're not a failure because you've not made it big at 27. Some are early bloomers while others aren't

The part where you said you're still jobless is where I feel has to change. Learn something or enroll in a vocation where you'll get paid. If you stay in your comfort zone, you won't learn survival, so get something doing and start planning to move out and rent a place for yourself.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2021
I'm a living witness to the subject matter, growing up I was a rebel and missed out on a lot of life changing moments and wasted so many years and resources, I took a bold step to cut away with the distractions and addictions and to better myself, at first it was a struggle, but it got better, and today I am so much better than my peers I was goofing around with. Plus my state of reasoning has entirely changed.to an extent when I hear my peers speak about irrelevant things passionately it bores me because I'm into big things ~ Nas

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 01, 2021
Nairobi33:
Yahoo plus
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by meobizy(f): 3:40pm On Jul 01, 2021
Which platform is Bogger again?
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by karkel(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
Brother na the country fail you
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Onyedikachi323(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
always stay connected to positive friends or better still business friends.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by SmartyPants(m): 3:42pm On Jul 01, 2021
olamidedivotee:
To be a man is not easy.

That's what Feminists don't know

That's what most local feminists don't know or care about.

The real feminists know this and they are saying, let's dismantle the system that puts so much burden on men and relegates the role of the woman to housekeeping.

Whether they real mean it, that's another thing.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Cutefergieee: 3:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
Oga You have not failed... I started getting my shit together at the age of 35 bro.......Got married at 38.... Age na number bro.. Just live the life and make sure you are getting ready for tomrrow as the days go by

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
Cutefergieee:
Oga You have not failed... I started getting my shit together at the age of 35 bro.......Got married at 38.... Age na number bro.. Just live the life and make sure you are getting ready for tomrrow as the days go by
Can marriage be counted as a success?
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by peace0813(f): 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
Some of your mate died at 27 years, Are they still successful?

Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde.

I read something really inspiring a few days back, I can’t find that picture now, so I will try to quote it to as much accuracy as possible
I’ve seen people falling in love at 18, getting married at 21, having kids at 24, and living the perfect life. I’ve seen people starting their college at 24, and not getting married before 35. I’ve seen perfect relationships turning into beautiful marriages and I’ve seen perfect marriages falling apart. I’ve seen people having paid jobs at 21, and joining college at 23, and I’ve seen people graduating at 25, and not having any job till 31.

The point is it’s not that someone is winning the race or someone is lagging behind. The point is it’s not a race, but life. It goes on, and it won’t go on according to the other person, it will go on according to you. Everyone’s life has different pace, and different phases, just because you’re still struggling, doesn’t mean you’re behind someone. You are working on your own pace.

See, everyone has problems. The people you think look perfect on the outside, are the ones who are fighting bigger issues on the inside. It’s you who has to tackle your problems, and tackle them one by one. If you look at the problems, it’s like an army and you have limited ammunition to kill them all. If you will panic you will throw your ammo on one set of problems, and later regret because you’d still be surrounded by it. So say plan.

Plan and tackle them one by one. One ammo on one problem at a time. No money? Get a job. No job? Study and prepare for interviews. Plan your life, and your schedule and routine, and do things one by one, and I’m sure by this time next year, most of your problems would’ve been gone!

You’re not a failure and no one is, all I see are soldiers fighting for a better future ahead with much enemies disguised as Unemployment, Poverty, Lack of support etc.

Less I forget, always stay connected to positive friends or better still business friends.

Shared from Bogger.

Kindly share your thought on this.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by orikoku: 4:04pm On Jul 01, 2021
EmmBim:

God will surely answer your prayer soon,how j wished I could share my brother story,things was so tough for him to the extent that he tried to commit suicide but for God so good he got employed 5 months ago to a multi international company without being interviewed
am happy for him. I need a job as well.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by orikoku: 4:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Hamachi:
would you like to learn crypto?
yes. I lost some money to it last year. If you can teach me how to make money on it, i will appreciate it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by domaya21(f): 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2021
As long as you still draw breath, you have not failed. Truth is you can own all the money in the world and still be a colosal failure.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by JayB11(m): 4:13pm On Jul 01, 2021
Robertkenny:
Adepetun Robert Kehinde.

I read something really inspiring a few days back, I can’t find that picture now, so I will try to quote it to as much accuracy as possible
I’ve seen people falling in love at 18, getting married at 21, having kids at 24, and living the perfect life. I’ve seen people starting their college at 24, and not getting married before 35. I’ve seen perfect relationships turning into beautiful marriages and I’ve seen perfect marriages falling apart. I’ve seen people having paid jobs at 21, and joining college at 23, and I’ve seen people graduating at 25, and not having any job till 31.

The point is it’s not that someone is winning the race or someone is lagging behind. The point is it’s not a race, but life. It goes on, and it won’t go on according to the other person, it will go on according to you. Everyone’s life has different pace, and different phases, just because you’re still struggling, doesn’t mean you’re behind someone. You are working on your own pace.

See, everyone has problems. The people you think look perfect on the outside, are the ones who are fighting bigger issues on the inside. It’s you who has to tackle your problems, and tackle them one by one. If you look at the problems, it’s like an army and you have limited ammunition to kill them all. If you will panic you will throw your ammo on one set of problems, and later regret because you’d still be surrounded by it. So say plan.

Plan and tackle them one by one. One ammo on one problem at a time. No money? Get a job. No job? Study and prepare for interviews. Plan your life, and your schedule and routine, and do things one by one, and I’m sure by this time next year, most of your problems would’ve been gone!

You’re not a failure and no one is, all I see are soldiers fighting for a better future ahead with much enemies disguised as Unemployment, Poverty, Lack of support etc.

Less I forget, always stay connected to positive friends or better still business friends.

Shared from Bogger.

Kindly share your thought on this.

Bro..trust me you have not failed. I am a little bit older than you are, though i am fully employed by God's grace. The truth is that circumstances are not the same, like wise results too. It only took me less than a year that i had two jobs both with a 6 digit salary. Prayers first, then don't ever compare yourself to anyone, keep women aside for a period (they may likely distract), then open your mind and tell yourself what you wish to achieve (identify your target); after that, seek for support from people within your target and be confident, loyal, plus zealous to let then shape you into your dream. Sometimes you can't do it alone....

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Obakashdee(m): 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2021
story of my life.. hmmm... On the brink of depression now, all these it will fall into places, when when? Been asking it’s not easy at all
Went to school no work, learnt designing nothing nothing
I don tire jare

1 Like

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by armyofone(m): 4:27pm On Jul 01, 2021
OP

Just don't be too comfortable in your comfort zone.
Make plan to leave your mother's place.
Go out there, test the water because you never know what destiny has in store for you. Good or bad - it is on you to find out.

Hope you are contributing and giving mama some money while putting some aside for your independent life. Even if it is water or snacks you are hawking - do something!

The problem people have is they become too comfortable when something is free.
Eg - free place to live. Have the mindset that nothing is free in this life - it will push you to go do something.

2 Likes

Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by shedy03(m): 4:43pm On Jul 01, 2021
You have not failed, just don't give up.
Stand up and find something to do.
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by jojothaiv(m): 4:49pm On Jul 01, 2021
Jessepaid:
Hehehe...

No be all men dey get beards at 17...

Some get it at 30...

Work toward success and aim for greatness...

You don't pray for wealth and riches then sit and fold your hands expecting a miracle...

Get something doing....

I asked my father once...

Dad how did you train us all, including bills in this harsh economy without losing you mind?

He said one word....

Relax...

Everything falls In place after a while
Those were choice words.

A big shout out to your dad...
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Lifewasgood: 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2021
Heads up if you keeping it real, it's so easy to fall victim to fake!!!
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by pedrilo: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2021
You have not failed. Keep pushing
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by KingofHearts(m): 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
Join telegram group for financial support .make the other half of the year count.

https:// t. me/ financialsupportgroup
Https:// t. me /fsgchannel
Re: I'm 27 Years Old And I Have No Job And I'm Living With My Mom, Have I Failed? by Tundex911: 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2021
My advice...

Don't reason all this cuz it's may result to suicide o.

Oluwa a wa pelu e

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boss Group Of Companies - Interview Invitation / My Fiancé Just Lost His Job / Dara Oladosu Who Built Quoted Replies For Twitter, Employed At Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.