Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,072 members, 7,849,350 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:13 PM

The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 (7608 Views)

We Have Accommodated Yorubas, Why Should Tinubu Insult Us - Akwa Ibom Govt / Olusegun Bamgbose: Obaseki May Return To APC Immediately / Atiku To Presidency: Address Issue Of Whether Buhari Is Cloned Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by theTranslator: 8:40pm On Jul 17, 2021
AlexBells:

So who owns the Ilorin and its environs lol, is Ilorin not the biggest and capital city in Kwara, did Fulanis not use Illorin/Kwara as a war camp against the Yorubas on two consecutive occasions, as at today, who owns Illorin. Ofcourse you might tell me as a Yoruba that to own Ilorin, can we hear the Fulani part of the story that's why there is no end to this menace, invasion and intrusion in into Yorubaland
we will deal with them like we've been doing for about 200 years

I'm planning for 2023
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by theTranslator: 8:41pm On Jul 17, 2021
Fahdiga:
I reject it in Jesus name Amen
grin cheesy grin grin shocked cheesy grin
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by theTranslator: 8:47pm On Jul 17, 2021
Easternblood:
Obasanjo na Ewe man?
Obasanjo is on his own

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by Fahdiga(m): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2021
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by AlexBells(m): 9:01pm On Jul 17, 2021
theTranslator:
we will deal with them like we've been doing for about 200 years

I'm planning for 2023
Look 2023 is an open ticket, but you guys have declared war against Fulanis and the first thing that they will make sure is that you don't get the presidency, now if you want to fight the Fulanis, they are not a pushover people, they have sovereign alternative just like you Yorubas.

Now I had always maintained that AlaIgbo shall be neutral and unless the Yoruba side or Fulani side attacks us, we are most likely not getting involved, we don't know when these whole issue started, in fact these issues between you and Fulanis is older than Nigeria, however since both side is our friends in recent times, we are open to leading dialogue and less costly ways of settling these issues.

Fulanis might have terrorist amongst them but that's not enough for us to declare war against them as Igbo people, we would rather set up a counter terrorism apparatus but it is clear the case with Yorubas are different and if Igbos found ourselves in such scenarios as we have such scenarios also but not with Fulanis, but we must exhaust all less confrontational approach before going offensive.

War is terrible, no one ever came out of one without counting serious losses
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by theTranslator: 10:18pm On Jul 17, 2021
AlexBells:

Look 2023 is an open ticket, but you guys have declared war against Fulanis and the first thing that they will make sure is that you don't get the presidency, now if you want to fight the Fulanis, they are not a pushover people, they have sovereign alternative just like you Yorubas.

Now I had always maintained that AlaIgbo shall be neutral and unless the Yoruba side or Fulani side attacks us, we are most likely not getting involved, we don't know when these whole issue started, in fact these issues between you and Fulanis is older than Nigeria, however since both side is our friends in recent times, we are open to leading dialogue and less costly ways of settling these issues.

Fulanis might have terrorist amongst them but that's not enough for us to declare war against them as Igbo people, we would rather set up a counter terrorism apparatus but it is clear the case with Yorubas are different and if Igbos found ourselves in such scenarios as we have such scenarios also but not with Fulanis, but we must exhaust all less confrontational approach before going offensive.

War is terrible, no one ever came out of one without counting serious losses
Better see them as your enemy
If not for Yoruba fought many times with them
Your name might be Abdul Oge grin

I don't care who the president is as far as he isn't a Fulani
We will show them
They might go extnnt
CAR will be a joke
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 17, 2021
[s]
Fahdiga:
Even though I'm Yoruba but if the Igbos don't get the presidency in 2023 then it should go to the north
[/s]

I understand why you would be ashamed of your tribe.

I would be too.

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by AlexBells(m): 10:36pm On Jul 17, 2021
theTranslator:

Better see them as your enemy
If not for Yoruba fought many times with them
Your name might be Abdul Oge grin

I don't care who the president is as far as he isn't a Fulani
We will show them
They might go extnnt
CAR will be a joke
There is nothing wrong with Fulanis, I'm not trying to be politically correct, what happened in Kwara was betrayal, Afonja was betrayed but it is true that we could have been Muslims if they met us first before Christianity but we could have had our own Emirs and Sultans of Igbo birth, Igbos don't tolerate outside rule.

Then the issue of Fulani and Yoruba, I don't think we Igbos wish to be cought up between two giants, if we must see Fulanis as enemies, we might as well see Yorubas as enemies becuase the food blockade that killed millions was instituted by a Yoruba man but that's not how to see it at least we don't have to let the shadows of the past cloud the future.

Today there are almost as much Igbos in the North as there are in the West showing a great friendship between these two regions, I see terrorism as a general threat that most be stopped and not as a criminal tribe thing.

You guys going to any confrontation with the Fulanis could be very deadly because I know that Igboland will not stop trade at both side and as far as AlaIgbo remains open there will be free flow of weapons and other materials.

I will maintain that Dialogue will be the best approach and if you guys are going to war or as the rhetoric is becoming overwhelming, it will be better to support an Igbo man to be president, fighting for president with Igbos and preparing for a possible confrontation at the same time might be complex.

No one is going to give you presidency becuase you are agitating or rioting at least not the Fulani I know so it is better to secure an alliance or neutral ground with the Igbos and prepare for whatever that may come.
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by theTranslator: 10:49pm On Jul 17, 2021
AlexBells:

There is nothing wrong with Fulanis, I'm not trying to be politically correct, what happened in Kwara was betrayal, Afonja was betrayed but it is true that we could have been Muslims if they met us first before Christianity but we could have had our own Emirs and Sultans of Igbo birth, Igbos don't tolerate outside rule.

Then the issue of Fulani and Yoruba, I don't think we Igbos wish to be cought up between two giants, if we must see Fulanis as enemies, we might as well see Yorubas as enemies becuase the food blockade that killed millions was instituted by a Yoruba man but that's not how to see it at least we don't have to let the shadows of the past cloud the future.

Today there are almost as much Igbos in the North as there are in the West showing a great friendship between these two regions, I see terrorism as a general threat that most be stopped and not as a criminal tribe thing.

You guys going to any confrontation with the Fulanis could be very deadly because I know that Igboland will not stop trade at both side and as far as AlaIgbo remains open there will be free flow of weapons and other materials.

I will maintain that Dialogue will be the best approach and if you guys are going to war or as the rhetoric is becoming overwhelming, it will be better to support an Igbo man to be president, fighting for president with Igbos and preparing for a possible confrontation at the same time might be complex.

No one is going to give you presidency becuase you are agitating or rioting at least not the Fulani I know so it is better to secure an alliance or neutral ground with the Igbos and prepare for whatever that may come.
Are you kidding?
Dialogue with Fulani? cheesy grin

The caliphate only puts a Fulani person as emir

Thank God our Aláàfin is already talking
When he and our other mornachs totally vex
They will enjoy what they've been doing to us

I repeat Fulani can never be neutral to Igbos
Stop decieving yourself

We don't need no Fulani to get presidency
We just need about 30% of northern votes combined with 90% of western votes
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by AlexBells(m): 10:57pm On Jul 17, 2021
theTranslator:

Are you kidding?
Dialogue with Fulani? cheesy grin

The caliphate only puts a Fulani person as emir

Thank God our Aláàfin is already talking
When he and our other mornachs totally vex
They will enjoy what they've been doing to us

I repeat Fulani can never be neutral to Igbos
Stop decieving yourself

We don't need no Fulani to get presidency
We just need about 30% of northern votes combined with 90% of western votes
You really think 90% of western votes can give you presidency lol, 90% of Eastern vote, 65% of South South vote, 60% of Northern vote and 10% of Western vote will give the North president with Igbo vice but if you Yorubas steps down for Igbos that's only when your calculation can be effective.

As for the Fulanis, they can't be Emir in Igboland for long, lol, you are joking with Igbos that's what you don't get, whoever you are, Igbos don't take outside rule, that could have been the greatest undoing of the Fulanis if they tried to impose their Emirs on us, we will not just overrun the ones in our land, we will seize Sokoto, go to Rome we have a Cardinal there, hopefully we will be the first black Pope.

And all the Bishops in AlaIgbo are all Igbos, you guys are the one hyping Fulanis, they know their Match if we get their time, the Sultan of Sokoto will be the one begging for Dialogue
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by theTranslator: 11:05pm On Jul 17, 2021
AlexBells:

You really think 90% of western votes can give you presidency lol, 90% of Eastern vote, 65% of South South vote, 60% of Northern vote and 10% of Western vote will give the North president with Igbo vice but if you Yorubas steps down for Igbos that's only when your calculation can be effective.

As for the Fulanis, they can't be Emir in Igboland for long, lol, you are joking with Igbos that's what you don't get, whoever you are, Igbos don't take outside rule, that could have been the greatest undoing of the Fulanis if they tried to impose their Emirs on us, we will not just overrun the ones in our land, we will seize Sokoto, go to Rome we have a Cardinal there, hopefully we will be the first black Pope.

And all the Bishops in AlaIgbo are all Igbos, you guys are the one hyping Fulanis, they know their Match if we get their time, the Sultan of Sokoto will be the one begging for Dialogue
lol cheesy
You talk like a child
You think Dan fodio dey look face cheesy grin
You guys were hamlets with no unity
The Fulani would have had a fields day grin

Only 30% of northern votes combined with 90% of southern votes would give us the presidency
But I add 10%SS 5%SE(as usual)
We would win with a landslide cheesy

We are experienced in politics
Just wait and calm down for 2023
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by DMerciful(m): 11:08pm On Jul 17, 2021
There'sgeneral gang up against Igbos so difficult for Igbos to win without general consensus
Ovamboland:

You accept you're too inferior to Fulani who demanded the presidency through an opposition party and got it, that is granted anyway.

Now you're too scared to contest for same presidency against other southern ethnicities. You want it handed on a platter, no planning no networking.

Yet you complain against quota system the loudest.

Your politicians are not willing to do the work and risk of building a party from scratch to become formidable, but waiting to benefit from the work of others using blackmail. 2023 is just 2 years away we are watching.
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by FakeUnity: 11:10pm On Jul 17, 2021
Ovamboland:

If you like vote for anyone on the basis of spite and sentiment, caring nothing about competence and preparation, we will all live together with the consequences.

It is calculations like this that made Igbo cast their lot with Jonathan believing incumbent can't be defeated in Nigeria. See the Biafra madness resulting from the failure of that thinking.

Now another calculation that northern voters will always vote for any northern candidate is being proposed. When that thinking throws you into wilderness for another 8 years, +8 years of shift to North, don't come here shouting marginalized and Biafra again.

Learn to calculate political trend carefully and change accordingly. Yoruba are not leading the country now but are well positioned to benefit. The strong trends show they are the group to beat for the next presidency, hence the vitriolic attacks against their leading politicians. The fact there are no attacks on SE politicians shows they have low prospects.

Sharap, you yorubas voted with sentiments in 2015, you knew buhari the bigot hated the East and believed he was going to 'teach the Igbos a bitter lesson'. You also had emotional attachment to osibande as VP, today you are crying about recession, insecurity, oduduwa. Sunday Igboho is now hiding in trucks carrying tomatoes to evade DSS arrest.
If you yorubas had voted with your thinking cap on, we wouldn't be in this mess. Mr yoruba muslim, you should be advising yourselves not the East.

If the ticket must come down south it must come to the South East-the region with the strongest case for the presidency, if you can't stomach SE presidency after 8 years of yoruba presidency and another 8 years of yoruba VP, then let the presidency remain in the north. Because it means you are wicked and simply want to use Igbo skulls to break coconut that only you will eat. It will not happen.

Anybody who is serious about Southern presidency and claims it is for 'fairness', should be the strongest advocate for SE presidency except he is trying to f00l us all. If it comes to the SE that's true fairness, if you don't support such then let it remain in the North.

Let the rot in nigeria continue if it will, there is nothing the Igbo man's eye will ever see in nigeria that will make it cry blood. Never! Go figure!
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by AlexBells(m): 11:14pm On Jul 17, 2021
theTranslator:
lol cheesy
You talk like a child
You think Dan fodio dey look face cheesy grin
You guys were hamlets with no unity
The Fulani would have had a fields day grin

Only 30% of northern votes combined with 90% of southern votes would give us the presidency
But I add 10%SS 5%SE(as usual)
We would win with a landslide cheesy

We are experienced in politics
Just wait and calm down for 2023
That's what I said, if the Fulanis met us first, we could have been Muslims but they could not have imposed their Emirs on us, dude we enjoy fighting oo, The biggest resistance the whites ever got was the Igbos, you think that becuase we were separate and fragement does not mean they will impose their Emirs on us, why didn't they win over Kanuris when they were too close but Kanuris are muslim, our case could have been similar to Kanuri, you would tell me Fulanis will depose the Obi of Onitsha or defeat Anioma or Nsukka, Abakiliki, etc. as these are more border towns, lol...

As for your calculation as regards the presidency, I laugh, anyway 2023 is too far we are working hard to free our lands off terrorists by all means possible, maybe after that we can do our calculations but 2023 is quite far and you won't have your revenge or even stand up to the Fulanis If you don't have the presidency so you stand to loose more if Fulanis are back in power, as for us before they get to AlaIgbo, it will be hard for them and we'd send terrorists to Allah for their 72 virgins whether we are president or not.

So if you like be you Yoruba terrorists, Fulani terrorists, Kanuri Terrorists, if you cross Igbo land, you will be most lucky to get back otherwise we will give you a straight ticket to paradise
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by theTranslator: 11:22pm On Jul 17, 2021
AlexBells:

That's what I said, if the Fulanis met us first, we could have been Muslims but they could not have imposed their Emirs on us, dude we enjoy fighting oo, The biggest resistance the whites ever got was the Igbos, you think that becuase we were separate and fragement does not mean they will impose their Emirs on us, why didn't they win over Kanuris when they were too close but Kanuris are muslim, our case could have been similar to Kanuri, you would tell me Fulanis will depose the Obi of Onitsha
or defeat Anioma or Nsukka, as these are more border towns, lol...

As for your calculation as regards the presidency, I laugh, anyway 2023 is too far we are working hard to free our lands off terrorists by all means possible, maybe after that we can do our calculations but 2023 is quite far and you won't have your revenge or even stand up to the Fulanis If you don't have the presidency so you stand to loose more if Fulanis are back in power, as for us before they get to AlaIgbo, it will be hard for them and we'd send terrorists to Allah for their 72 virgins whether we are president or not.

So if you like be you Yoruba terrorists, Fulani terrorists, Kanuri Terrorists, if you cross Igbo land, you will be most lucky to get back otherwise we will give you a straight ticket to paradise
You took more time to conquer only because of the British style of government
That fight a chief mornarch type of warfare
They needed warrant chiefs
And Yoruba were in the midst of a stupid civil war so we didn't fight much
You think kanuri are independent? grin
Ask zulum

Lol
I said
2023 is not far grin
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by AlexBells(m): 11:32pm On Jul 17, 2021
theTranslator:

You took more time to conquer only because of the British style of government
That fight a chief mornarch type of warfare
They needed warrant chiefs
And Yoruba were in the midst of a stupid civil war so we didn't fight much
You think kanuri are independent? grin
Ask zulum

Lol
I said
2023 is not far grin
We are talking about retaining their traditional stool not about Zulum, is it Igbos or Yoruba governors that are not puppets to the North we are talking about traditional institutions...whoever you are by the time you enter Igboland, you will understand, if the British didn't arrive, you will bear me witness that Fulanis could not have deposed Igbo leadership system and install their own...

You guys just want to keep hyping Fulanis until they bite more than they can chew but I think we should just set up a mental asylum for them if they ever try really invading AlaIgbo, our land is small and we live closely packed.

If Fulanis show up here in real battle mode and not this their terrorist style soft spot hit and run, even only Aba can put them in their place, the only thing it is hard for Yorubas was becuase they first killed the warlord Afonja then set up a war camp in Kwara, if Afonja was alive you will see that Fulani was no match for only Inadan.
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by theTranslator: 11:54pm On Jul 17, 2021
AlexBells:

We are talking about retaining their traditional stool not about Zulum, is it Igbos or Yoruba governors that are not puppets to the North we are talking about traditional institutions...whoever you are by the time you enter Igboland, you will understand, if the British didn't arrive, you will bear me witness that Fulanis could not have deposed Igbo leadership system and install their own...

You guys just want to keep hyping Fulanis until they bite more than they can chew but I think we should just set up a mental asylum for them if they ever try really invading AlaIgbo, our land is small and we live closely packed.

If Fulanis show up here in real battle mode and not this their terrorist style soft spot hit and run, even only Aba can put them in their place, the only thing it is hard for Yorubas was becuase they first killed the warlord Afonja then set up a war camp in Kwara, if Afonja was alive you will see that Fulani was no match for only Inadan.
Ibadan beat them several times
The reason we lost Ilorin was because of afonja

We deposed the emir twice
But the British put him back

We will still depose the gambari

Fulani are smarter than you think
Thier warfare skills are more than physical
They have spiritual and especially mental
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by DEROX: 12:29am On Jul 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
That's what I like about the Igbos. They are the most liberal black people in the world. I can remember their popular cliche "Igbo enwe eze"
lol you be ipob man grin based on your former comments
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by theTranslator: 12:35am On Jul 18, 2021
DEROX:
lol you be ipob man grin based on your former comments
the guy is a shameless snaky ipob miscreant that uses lying to gain cheap points

1 Like

Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by DEROX: 2:24am On Jul 18, 2021
theTranslator:
the guy is a shameless snaky ipob miscreant that uses lying to gain cheap points
of course we all know him wink
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by AlexBells(m): 7:17am On Jul 18, 2021
theTranslator:
Ibadan beat them several times
The reason we lost Ilorin was because of afonja

We deposed the emir twice
But the British put him back

We will still depose the gambari

Fulani are smarter than you think
Thier warfare skills are more than physical
They have spiritual and especially mental
Our warfare skill is physical, technological, spiritual, mental, mathematical, methodological and more, forget about yesterday you can bear me witness that unless the federal army, no tribe in Nigeria is capable of beating the Igbos at a real war thats however if you will be sincere about that, unless Yoruba, Fulani, Hausa, Ijaw, Benin, Igala, Efik, Ibibio, Idoma, Tiv Uhobo, no other single tribe has both the numerical and logistic capacity to really impact Igbo land in war.

Our Geography is unique, we have superior modern experience, weapons and intelligence. We have air superiority and we have naval advantages as you can only enter Igbo land by sea through our rivers which will be heavily manned from the entry point while we can load and drop of at your heart land at Ondo, lagos etc.

However I know that a war with the Yorubas will ensure in a mutual destruction but war is not about winning so technically you guys will loose more fighting with us, it will take you months to really break into Igboland and this time, Nsukka will be heavily manned and the defense will start from Igbanke.

The question is why would we fight wars with the Oduduwan, even if you are another country, the worst that can happen is for us to try to annex Itsekiri which we would not wish to do, or we sailing provocatively through your waters or flying into your airspace these things are not enough to go to war, same is applicable to Arewa, if they killed our citizen on their usual guise of Islam, we will retaliate but it will be more of an expendition the kind Isreal have with Gaza, just a few air raid and destruction of critical infrastructure etc. And let then be until their madness resumes again.

And we will let Itsekiri be until they make the costly mistake of trying to grant you guys a base then, we might as well start from them.

As for a war with the Fulanis, the navy will not be so useful as the most war will be on land but we still have air Superiority, and we will pound them from air like they had never seen.

How many airlines do they have Biafra was notorious for converting passenger jets to fighter jets and with the numbers of private jets and functional airports we have, you should bear me witness those are airforce bases in the making.

If we are fighting with the Ijaws, their navy will only be playing the defense while we be playing the attacks for one thing they will hardly be able to break the defense into into Igbo land through the rivers, mutually shared cities like PH, Opobo and Bonny will burn and we will still have air Superiority and land Superiority.

We can't go to war with terrorists herdsmen having AK47 rifles, we will however thank them for donating bodies for our laboratories as we will make the remains of terrorists available to our scientists for the purpose of science.

Stop hyping the Fulanis, all I see in them is terrorism and we will fight it in their land using the instruments of the Nigerian state and sending our men to fight in the North that's how to fight terrorism, you don't fight those demons in your lands.
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by Easternblood: 7:21am On Jul 18, 2021
Fahdiga:
Bro na so we see am o
Na you be the most meaningful Yoruba man I don see for my life ,the rest na chaff. Your own Yoruba different?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 by Easternblood: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2021
KGD10:

You don't even know what you're saying. Imagine the mention of a Vice President? Of what use?

Meanwhile, the Yoruba's candidate was Olu Falae which Igbo failed to vote, not Obasanjo. Obasanjo did nothing for the Yorubas. As you know already, Obasanjo was the most detribalised president we ever had. He did more for other tribes than his own Tribesmen. And you keep forgetting Azikiwe and Ironsi that ruled! Whipping up victim play won't work here. Anyone who wants the presidency should work for it. My own is how to balkanise Nigeria.
So Obasanjo is not Yoruba again because he did nothing for his people?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Standard For Accountability": World Bank Hails Kogi's Financial Statement / Challenges Of Learning English Language / Onaiyekan, Sultan Nominated For 2012 Nobel Peace Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.