Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:34 AM

Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. (9147 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Should Wenger Be Sacked? / Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by duduspace(m): 12:39am On May 21, 2011
Arsene aint going no where, anyone who is angry about that had better get used to it quickly.
Hear from the man himself:

“I think it is the responsibility of a football manager to behave in a responsible way, of course,” he said.

“It is a situation for the fans which I can completely understand. But we are in a job where other clubs do not respect the basic rules of any other company and we have to live with that.

“You cannot think that if there is not enough money to run the company then someone else [will] come in and give his money. That is not how we want to run the company.

“Of course, the economic situation is difficult for people and for us as well. But we demand some understanding because we have to fight against clubs which have unlimited resources. They put pressure on our wages. How can we deal with it?

“They do not live with their natural resources which is why UEFA want to fight for the fair play.”

I can't wait for this FFP thingie to come into play sef, I wonder if UEFA can walk their talk, if they do, a club like Chelsea would be a very good scape goat to start with as they would require something near a freeze in spending over the next three years if they are to meet the requirements when enforcement starts in 2014, Manure are steadily reining in their spending.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by coogar: 12:56am On May 21, 2011
duduspace:

so what is new in this information? have you posted the equivalent loss that Chelsea and Manure made in the same period?  undecided
you are quick to write that Arsenal made a loss of 2.5m when the companies they compete against have the following results:

Man United made a loss of 83.6m in their final year results:
http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_united/s/1411673_manchester_united_owners_make_1089m_loss

Chelsea made a loss of 70m in their final year results despite doing a double and that was before the 70m they spent on Torres and Luiz:
http://andersred..com/2011/02/chelsea-200910-results-spin-and-red-ink.html

The financial results for this year will soon be out and Arsenal will be in the blue once again.

this statistics actually proved wenger is a useless manager. the financial accounts of chelsea/man utd show the 2 clubs are struggling with either debts(man utd) and low revenue|(chelsea) in comparison to a much healthier arsenal and yet the struggling clubs continue to win titles and arsenal have not won a dime in six seasons.

duduspace:

I can't wait for this FFP thingie to come into play sef, I wonder if UEFA can walk their talk, if they do, a club like Chelsea would be a very good scape goat to start with as they would require something near a freeze in spending over the next three years if they are to meet the requirements when enforcement starts in 2014, Manure are steadily reining in their spending.

i doubt you understand the ffp scheme. the bench-mark is wages/turnover ratio which even puts united ahead of arsenal in the last forbes report.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by just1(m): 1:41am On May 21, 2011
In Wenger We Rust
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by YoruIgbo(m): 2:12am On May 21, 2011
Alex Ferguson lost the league 4 times in the Premier League stone age and that help Wenger win 3 with Blackburn winning 1, So people should stop saying Wenger won the league!! rather Sir Alex lost it and it fell to Wenger. I am a strong Arsenal fan but the truth is bitter and the truth is that Wenger has no clue what football tactics is but though he claim to have a philosophy and according to him he is trying to learn how to play the Barcelona way lol but you can all agree with me that Arsenal is still miles away from Barca!!
With Wenger in charge Arsenal has only one direction and that is down, down, down. With King Kenny in Liverpool, I can guarantee you that they will finish above Arsenal next season meaning we are going to be out of the top four for the first time next season, I have stopped my Sky subscription as there is no more joy these days watching football, I now focus on F1, cricket, golf and rugby before Wenger scatter my life
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by YoruIgbo(m): 3:05am On May 21, 2011
Arsenal Youth Policy my y@nsh!! There is a big difference in playing kids or using kids (paedophilia) because they are cheaper from developing kids to big players, In arsenal what Wenger does is use kids because they are cheap article. In Barca they develop youth into big players while in Arsenal once a young player gets to a stage where his wage need to increase Wenger will pick quarrel and sell him off, Then go and get free agent as a replacement

Wenger moved from buying players to player buying themselves (Arshavin paid his fare to London on the transfer deadline day) and Wenger now moved to free agent like Chiamaka, Sylvestre, Sol Campbell and the latest now is if you want to play for Arsenal you will need to pay some money because they are actually helping to advertise you (Pires and Jens Lehman)

Wenger go kill person o, infact I sure say na 1 meat go dey dey for in soup and im pickin go dey chop without, Stingo!!!
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dipo2much(m): 6:27am On May 21, 2011
^^
Bunkum
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by kcjazz(m): 6:54am On May 21, 2011
batiatus:

i hv a simple question.
Why cant arsenal win trophies and make financial profit at d same time.?
Okay no money 2 buy playas abi. Again was arsenal invicinble team making loses in financial status.? Y change policies.
There are cheap quality players around europe 4 wenger 2 buy, guys lyk bastos, hazard, thiago costa, rossi. Wel as usual wenga is luking 4 free transfers. 2bad
altintop has signed 4 madrid.
Busines is all abt taking big risk. Is arsenal ready 2 take risk?

The problem with Arsene Wenger must go argument is that you have those who want trophies (nothing bad in that) and those who want a healthy financial club= Good management of money will lead to trophies and then those who want both. In recent times, Lyon in France has done both but even now they are in red.
I believe AW yearly board review in the past 6 years has never being about trophies if not they would have sacked him. The board had a dream and AW was a willing partner, even the years of trophy winning was part of the strategy towards creating an identity and moving to a new stadium.

It is difficult to make profit and win trophies due to the effects of globalization. Any one can make revenue including Migthy Jets of Jos but it takes deliberate hard work to make profits. You look at the the top European leagues, the clubs that turn a profit don't win trophies. Italy, France etc

You talk of risk taking and I tell you as a club, Arsenal and Wenger has taken a huge risk as a business considering that stupidity runs soccer clubs. Have mistakes being made? Yes we all do. Will trophies come? For me I will get impatient after 10 years (6 yrs now) but I doubt it will take that long considering the fact that I feel Arsenal has being punching above their weight in the past 5 years.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by YoruIgbo(m): 7:10am On May 21, 2011
I think people need to understand what football club ownership means and the reason why chicken change(tashere) made by Arsenal sounds like big money to all of us. Football club ownership allows you to use your club and borrow money and invest in mega businesses, your club might make losses but the money you borrowed and invested with the club's name elsewhere in country that has a better tax regime will cover for that.
Do you guys think Abramovic will jump high if Chelsea makes $20million profit? Small cash but anyway the truth is Wenger is using making money to cover his deficiencies but I don't blame him because in the current competitiveness we are seeing in football in the world today, Wenger is definitely a Grade B coach who hasn't won anything except making few cash here and there grin cheesy
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by kcjazz(m): 7:28am On May 21, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

I think people need to understand what football club ownership means and the reason why chicken change(tashere) made by Arsenal sounds like big money to all of us. Football club ownership allows you to use your club and borrow money and invest in mega businesses, your club might make losses but the money you borrowed and invested with the club's name elsewhere in country that has a better tax regime will cover for that.
Do you guys think Abramovic will jump high if Chelsea makes $20million profit? Small cash but anyway the truth is Wenger is using making money to cover his deficiencies but I don't blame him because in the current competitiveness we are seeing in football in the world today, Wenger is definitely a Grade B coach who hasn't won anything except making few cash here and there grin cheesy

Says who? Tell that to the Anti-Glazer fans at Man Utd
And why did Abrahamovic sign to participate in UEFA financial guidelines even if as you claim he is ready to splash cash. No business person wants to lose his investment. If your argument holds water then Fiorentina in Italy would never have gone bankrupt, they had the fans, great city and players.
haha for a grade B coach as you claim, AW has definitely over achieved, he has reformed the English league even though he is French and good thing is if he is fired today he will get not a Bolton or Stoke, but definitely a higher club in Europe. Those who understand the game know
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by chelseabmw(m): 7:54am On May 21, 2011
hmmmm. . . . . .@arsenal fans
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by YoruIgbo(m): 8:01am On May 21, 2011
kcjazz:

Says who? Tell that to the Anti-Glazer fans at Man Utd
And why did Abrahamovic sign to participate in UEFA financial guidelines even if as you claim he is ready to splash cash. No business person wants to lose his investment. If your argument holds water then Fiorentina in Italy would never have gone bankrupt, they had the fans, great city and players.
haha for a grade B coach as you claim, AW has definitely over achieved, he has reformed the English league even though he is French and good thing is if he is fired today he will get not a Bolton or Stoke, but definitely a higher club in Europe. Those who understand the game know

Hey Kcjazz!! A club can go burst and the owner will still remain a billionaire, I'm sure you know that too well. Secondly Wenger is the only coach amongst the top 20 listed coaches that hasn't won a champions league trophy and not even a common UEFA CUP or Europa as we now call it. Glazer family is making enough cash using Man u as collateral, Anyway as Arsenal fan we are always blinded from reality
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by DeepSight(m): 9:07am On May 21, 2011
Duduspace -

I just want to ask you one question only. What single word is used to describe a person who keeps doing the same thing and expecting a different result?
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by renewnaija(m): 10:40am On May 21, 2011
Like I earlier said, shame on Wenger & his followers.

A man who is not flexible and cannot change with the times is bound to fail. Wenger is such. You use money to make money.

The big clubs buy big names not only cos of their skills but commercial purposes. The jersey sales, endorsements and marketting in Asia, Middle East & US. Does Arsenal even have tap these markets well? Sorry, I forgot we dont have world class names.

You spend money to make money. it just doesnt self-regenerate. Thats why ManUtd is a brand name now. Did they spend millions in doing so?

People saying Arsenal is going to go on relegation if Wenger is sacked need to get their heads checked. That is a defeatist attitude. So we should stick by one individual who has won domestic trophies in the past but cannot re-invent the team to face the new challenges since the rise of Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham & Liverpool?  Does he think Man Utd are still his only rivals as before?

He & you his followers that support him need to wake up & smell the coffee. There are many budding coaches who are out there that can win trophies without breaking the bank in the present climate. Making profits does not guarantee you winning anything- financial fair play rules or not. Getting a flexible visionary who has a winning mentality, pays players their dues and blames failures on everything else except himself. He has done a marvellous job at Arsenal but for us to progress, we need a new start. Fabregas will leave. Nasri will follow & the trend continues. Do winning clubs sell their best players without getting the best from them?

If Ferguson leaves, will that be the end of Man Utd? Wenger supporters disgust me!  angry

I guess in your personal lives, if something doesnt work well you, you continue using it out of love for its past functions right? smh
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by 1025: 10:51am On May 21, 2011

@duduspace,
in ur little expectations and reasoning, do u think there is any club in england that has no youth team? do u think other coaches can not get involved in buying cheap products? the funny aspect of ur reasoning with uefa is that u have refused to think or see what football will look like when all the teams start playing denilson, walcot and bendtner. how many people will prefer to watch denilson, walcot, calcuta, sturridge, josh and other young players compare to watching a league of vidic, giggs, lampard, terry, van dar sal , messi, ronaldo etc. your coach is hell bent on playing what u call young gunners but other coaches are saying let us play, rooney, chicharito, van dar sal, terry, drogba etc. a football team shld comprise of experience, quality and talents but in wenger we see talents without class and experience. in barca, you have puyol, xavi, messi representing while in madrid, u have casilas, ronaldo and higuin also representing. football will replace kiddies avenue if everybody goes with the wenger policies. by the way, if a particular partern has not yield anything in six yrs, is it not worth changing? in which other team of this world do u think wenger can last one yr apart from arsenal.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by duduspace(m): 11:18am On May 21, 2011
Deep Sight:

Duduspace -

I just want to ask you one question only. What single word is used to describe a person who keeps doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

I wouldn't have put you in the group of those who oversimplify issues Deep sight, always believed yu're deeper than that or am I mistaken?  undecided

A quick question would be to ask you if Thomas Edison should be considered insane due to his large number of experiments that led to the discovery of commercially viable incandescent lighting.  tongue
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by switch47(m): 11:19am On May 21, 2011
Wenger! The most successful arsenal coach is the best in the world!!
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by honeymix77(m): 11:28am On May 21, 2011
I think wenger is a good coach i dont think he has enough money to spend. my worry now is dat other clubs are waking up if they dont do something fast they might not be in top 4 next season.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by LADEMINUS: 11:56am On May 21, 2011
all dis talk about financial stability sends me reeling wit laughter

wen arsenal were winnin tins and going unbeaten, de were in debt,  nobody spoke of money
now they r letting emselves down, evrybody is lookin for excuses

anybody dat has a little sense of accounts should understand dat arsenal r makin more dan dey spend, not necessarily making more money dan others,

they must remain in d ucl, very soon dat too might be lost

the money arsene is making comes from where oh yes, majority comes from d fans,

helloooo against aston villa dere were 15000 empty seats wc were even paid for, signs of fans begginin to stay away from d hrtbrk

players r stalling on contracts, forcing transfers, d captain is lookin undisturbed, chaos settin in

lemme state dis,
UEFA didnt propose d fair play rules nooo, it was d clubs dat signed up to it first before uefa adopted it. if anybody thinks uefa actually has d guts to exclude a major club like madrid united or chelsea barcelona i ask u to look at d fact dat without dese clubs, the ucl is useless. uefa is not daft.dey will twist d rules e.g

the fair play rule has been modified last transfer window. now signings and player sales dont count. just revenue and overhead will be used.b wise na dem dem de run am. funnily d first club to sign wan man city lol

arsene should either get it right or walk wen his contract expires next yr. cos he hasnt been offered a new one. what he has s a verbal agreement
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by enomakos(m): 12:00pm On May 21, 2011
the question i want to ask is if wenger is sacked who will be the next coach?

before wenger came to arsenal how many of you here support arsenal or know them?
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by babs787(m): 12:43pm On May 21, 2011
AW is still the best coach for Arsenal. He tried proving a point with the use of those kids but unfortunately, they could not proof anything and it seems he has given them enough time to change and there would be a massive overhaul this summer and would affect mostly the under-performing players.

I also read yesterday where AW said that this summer would be the busiest as players would be going out and some coming in. He said he would buy players this summer as this late May and early June would be very busy. It seems AW is fed himself and needs a change. I know that an official statement would be made very soon on the purchase of a 23 year old argentine forward. Let us all be praying for a better 2011-2012 session with the believe that he would live up to his words.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by duduspace(m): 5:30pm On May 21, 2011
@1025

In your gross inability to exercise your minuscle intellect, did you see anything in my post that suggests such postulations as you come up with?  undecided  The whole reasoning behind FFP is to stop scenarios such as clubs making 70m losses in a financial year and then going out to spend another 70m, and I did point out that Manure are already reining in their spending but your myopic eye/mind combo cannot understand that? if you can't understand that then go consult your financial advisor.  tongue tongue

Discussions on individual youth players and youth academy setups is different from FFP, where exactly in my post did I mention youth players?  undecided
I guess some people are so scared of the Arsenal youth system that they wake up screaming from their dreams. Sheesh.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by YoruIgbo(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2011
Hey guys grin I have some good news for us gooners, there is a saying that what a man can do a woman can do better except they can't piss(urinate) up and piss inside bottle.

See Arsenal Ladies collections grin

UEFA Women's Champions League (formerly the UEFA Women's Cup): 1
2006–07
FA Women's Premier League National Division: 12 (record)
1992–93, 1994–95, 1996–97, 2000–01, 2001–02, 2003–04, 2004–05, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2009–10
FA Women's Cup: 11 (record)
1992–93, 1994–95, 1997–98, 1998–99, 2000–01, 2003–04, 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2010-11
FA Women's Premier League Cup: 10 (record)
1991–92, 1992–93, 1993–94, 1997–98, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2004–05, 2006–07, 2008–09
FA Women's Community Shield: : 5 (record)
2000, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
London County FA Women's Cup: 9
1994–95, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1999–2000, 2003–04, 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09, 2009–10
National League South: 1
1991–92
Highfield Cup: 1
1990–91
Reebok Cup: 2
1991–92, 1995–96
AXA Challenge Cup: 1
1998-99
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by renewnaija(m): 6:08pm On May 21, 2011
duduspace:

I wouldn't have put you in the group of those who oversimplify issues Deep sight, always believed yu're deeper than that or am I mistaken?  undecided

A quick question would be to ask you if Thomas Edison should be considered insane due to his large number of experiments that led to the discovery of commercially viable incandescent lightingtongue

Really? Are you saying Wenger's work so far are like experiments? trial & error? This goes to show that he doesnt know what he is doing & is just 'hoping & praying for trophies, right? Damn dude, wtf?

enomakos:

the question i want to ask is if wenger is sacked who will be the next coach?

before wenger came to arsenal how many of you here support arsenal or know them?

Like I said a defeatist attitude. Ever heard of Hiddink, Rijkaard, Deschamps, Van Gaal? And these are just the established ones who play beautiful but have not broken banks. What of other rough cut diamonds out there like Villas-Boas? Was Wenger the finished article when he was hired?

Please people wake the f up!
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by renewnaija(m): 6:13pm On May 21, 2011
babs787:

AW is still the best coach for Arsenal. He tried proving a point with the use of those kids but unfortunately, they could not proof anything and it seems he has given them enough time to change and there would be a massive overhaul this summer and would affect mostly the under-performing players.

[b]I also read yesterday where AW said that this summer would be the busiest as players would be going out and some coming in. He said he would buy players this summer as this late May and early June would be very busy. [/b]It seems AW is fed himself and needs a change. I know that an official statement would be made very soon on the purchase of a 23 year old argentine forward. Let us all be praying for a better 2011-2012 session with the believe that he would live up to his words.

Welcome newbie. I can tell you recently started supporting Arsenal. He always says that for your info. Always next season.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by coogar: 6:28pm On May 21, 2011
Deep Sight:

Duduspace -

a consummate pillock!
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by YoruIgbo(m): 9:50pm On May 21, 2011
Arsene Wenger is Europe most overrated Coach grin grin,
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 9:54pm On May 21, 2011
Yoru_Igbo:

Arsene Wenger is Europe most overrated Coach grin grin,

This is the truth, only the truth and nothing but the truth
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by coogar: 9:59pm On May 21, 2011
dayokanu:

This is the truth, only the truth and nothing but the truth

how is that the truth? wenger won ifffhs' manager of the decade. he is the best football manager in the last 15 yrs.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 10:05pm On May 21, 2011
Fergie, Mourinho Van Gall, Pep, Heyckenees are wining Champions league Wenger dey win IFFHS

Even a 33yr old coach just won Europa cup with Porto

What a disgrace
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by coogar: 10:08pm On May 21, 2011
dayokanu:

Fergie, Mourinho Van Gall, Pep, Heyckenees are wining Champions league Wenger dey win IFFHS

Even a 33yr old coach just won Europa cup with Porto

What a disgrace

the world should watch out for villas-boas. he is the next jose mourinho. he won his league unbeaten, won europa cup and he's got porto playing like barcelona. he is the 'special one'.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 10:08pm On May 21, 2011
coogar:

how is that the truth? wenger won ifffhs' manager of the decade. he is the best football manager in the last 15 yrs.
when you wake up from your nightmare let us know nko
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by coogar: 10:12pm On May 21, 2011
snowdrops:

when you wake up from your nightmare let us know nko

what nightmare? is it easy for a manager to go unbeaten in one season? manage a club without heavy debt and keep them competing in the toughest league in europe? wenger is the messiah of managers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal / Copa Del Rey Final : Athletic Bilbao Vs Barcelona (0 - 3) On 25th May 2012 / Chelsea Vs Bournemouth: EFL Cup (1 - 0) On 19th December 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.