Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. (9109 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Should Wenger Be Sacked? / Should Arsene Wenger Be Sacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 3:21pm On May 20, 2011
madrid knows when to get rid of non- and under- performing managers unlike arsenal.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 3:29pm On May 20, 2011
nwa afo:

you really do watch football?

I should be asking you, Or you can tell me ANY Continental trophy Arsene has won in his woeful career spanning 27yrs
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by AjanleKoko: 3:38pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

madrid knows when to get rid of non- and under- performing managers unlike arsenal.

You can't compare Madrid and Arsenal o. The most successful club in football history? They have the best coach and the (arguably) 2nd best player. If not that they faced the best team in the world in all competitions, they would have splattered the whole Europe with white. Even at that, they still forced out one trophy.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2011
I am not comparing both clubs in that sense, but only pointing out the an earlier poster madrids superiority to arsenal in not tolerating second best when it comes to management.
On your other points, i can but agree.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2011
AjanleKoko:

You can't compare Madrid and Arsenal o. The most successful club in football history? They have the best coach and the (arguably) 2nd best player. If not that they faced the best team in the world in all competitions, they would have splattered the whole Europe with white. Even at that, they still forced out one trophy.

Seems you are holding briefs for a failure like Wenger, Can you tell us which grade A club in Europe has stuck with a manager going 6yrs trophyless?
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by duduspace(m): 3:48pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

There is a huge difference between fans and shareholders. Fans seek trophies and shareholders profit.
If i where the latter Arsene would be a god sent, as i would be £$£s richer annually, but unfortunately i am not. I pay £$£ for SKY subscription, spend time watching matches, reading and talking about the club, and see them live in stadia.
All i want for christmas is a premier league, champions league title. Simples.

A good number of fans are now holding shares in arsenal so that distinction is quite blurred, a true fan whether shareholder or not should first of all be concerned about the survival of the club.  Besides if you are not interested in bankrolling the club like Abramovic, what right have you to demand a matchstick much less any silverware of any colour?  undecided

Its not really about what the priorities are for shareholders and fans, there exists a middle ground somewhere in there.
Nobody has the right to demand a trophy if they aren't the ones bankrolling the club or else all clubs would be sacking their managers annually, Abramovic can sack whoever he employs if he feels he's not getting his 70m's worth but the Arsenal board cannot really say they're not probably getting more than their 10m's worth (a little bit of oversimplification I agree but thats a good basis to start from).
Arsene hasn't won trophies for a while true, but he's won in the past when the playing field has been more level, a lot of fans understand what he faces and competes against and that is why they will continue to support him.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by Roland17(m): 3:50pm On May 20, 2011
Modern football clubs are not interested in the number of fans, especially the ones who don't watch live inside the emirates,  we can shed our blood like fools, especially in Nigeria. the major concern of the shareholders is the profit the club makes, there must be return on investment, do you think the likes of Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Inter etc wanted to hire prof to win trophies? hell no, the management of these top European clubs needed Prof to stabilize the club financially and help get them out of huge debt. it's business first.
sack my foot, IN BABA I TRUST,
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by AjanleKoko: 3:53pm On May 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Seems you are holding briefs for a failure like Wenger, Can you tell us which grade A club in Europe has stuck with a manager going 6yrs trophyless?

I think you quoted the wrong person.
Hold brief for Wenger?
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2011
@ duduspace and roland 17

something tells me you are one and the same.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by duduspace(m): 3:57pm On May 20, 2011
md4real:

man every fan is a glory seeker. what has been a fan got to do with board room matters like spending money on players? why do you think Madrid is Madrid? cos they seek glory and do it in style.

That is precisely why fans do not have the power to hire and fire a manager. Some people exist to complain about problems, others exist to understand such problems and proffer solutions.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 3:58pm On May 20, 2011
duduspace:

A good number of fans are now holding shares in arsenal so that distinction is quite blurred, a true fan whether shareholder or not should first of all be concerned about the survival of the club.  Besides if you are not interested in bankrolling the club like Abramovic, what right have you to demand a matchstick much less any silverware of any colour?  undecided

Its not really about what the priorities are for shareholders and fans, there exists a middle ground somewhere in there.
Nobody has the right to demand a trophy if they aren't the ones bankrolling the club or else all clubs would be sacking their managers annually, Abramovic can sack whoever he employs if he feels he's not getting his 70m's worth but the Arsenal board cannot really say they're not probably getting more than their 10m's worth (a little bit of oversimplification I agree but thats a good basis to start from).
Arsene hasn't won trophies for a while true, but he's won in the past when the playing field has been more level, a lot of fans understand what he faces and competes against and that is why they will continue to support him.

Were the fans at the Emirates not booing the team last weekend?

How come this failed coach has not won a European trophy in his whole career? Something Mourinho won with Porto or did Porto too spend 500m?
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 20, 2011
Chelski fan here, but admire Arsenal's style of business.
EPL has accumulated record losses this season.

Least now he knows his youths alone policy is flawed and prepared to make changes.
Give him time  tongue
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by duduspace(m): 4:01pm On May 20, 2011
dayokanu:

Were the fans at the Emirates not booing the team last weekend?

So what if some fans choose to boo their team? people have the right to do whatever they want with their mouths, booing is definitely better than licking an HIV infected kini.  tongue
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 4:05pm On May 20, 2011
duduspace:

1. what percentage of arsenal fans round the globe have shares in the club. Do you have one? If you dont have answers to these questions you better keep it quiet.

2. Arsenal have a new owner for your information even though he does not have 100% stake yet. So for your information he would start listening to genuine fans soon like Abrahamovic you quoted. Hence Arsene days may be numbered.

3. Arsene failure to secure trophies in years is down to his own fault. It seems you started following the EPL yesterday. He sacked his winning team too fast too soon and replaced them with Mediocres simple. Not any mediocre, but cheap ones.
Soup wey sweet na money kill am.
Imagine replacing players like marc overmas, dennis berghamp, thierry henry, patrick viera, tony adam, martin keown, slivinho, ashley cole, freddie lundberg, robert pires etc. with the likes of Emmanuel eboue and silveste.
I am sure you are already rolling with laughter at your argument.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2011
Arsenal have become too comfortable with failure and second best. Whenever that happens you know it is time for change.

Arsene Wenger had had his moments and done all he can for the club. Good on him. But he has nothing more to offer the club. Its the same old same old season after season. The players are still young and learning and would mature the following one.

But will have all seen how it churns out.

Do you know Arsenal is the club who has dropped the most points from winning positions this season. That tells it all does it. They keep failing to finish off clubs, especially small and mid table ones.

The EPL is a marathon and not a sprint. Their players are built for sprints and not marathons.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 4:16pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

Arsenal have become too comfortable with failure and second best. Whenever that happens you know it is time for change.

Arsene Wenger had had his moments and done all he can for the club. Good on him. But he has nothing more to offer the club. Its the same old same old season after season. The players are still young and learning and would mature the following one.

But will have all seen how it churns out.

Do you know Arsenal is the club who has dropped the most points from winning positions this season. That tells it all does it. They keep failing to finish off clubs, especially small and mid table ones.

The EPL is a marathon and not a sprint. Their players are built for sprints and not marathons.

They all know this but kept on excusing a failure like Wenger
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 4:25pm On May 20, 2011
Arsenal have handed this seasons EPL to man u on a plate. This is the same man u that have struggled all season to get points away from home. If you ask me, this is one of the poorest man u side in years, but for some obscure reasons they got to the FA cup semis and are in the champ league final.

Arsenal in past is known to score very early, then hit teams on the break. They were tall, athletic, very mobile with high stamina and physicality. Now they just cant defend. And the goal keeping, i leave for another day. And we were there criticizing seaman.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by switch47(m): 4:28pm On May 20, 2011
Wenger knows. @poster arsenal fc no know you as their fan.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by Roland17(m): 4:33pm On May 20, 2011
Even if Stan Kroenke gets 100% which i doubt, he certainly would not sack Prof. i wonder why people think soccer is for fun alone, maybe that's why the Nigerian league would never develop, so much energy is spent on winning trophies and sacking coaches, what happened to the likes of Enyimba, Lobi stars, these clubs won trophies and used to be the financial power house of Nigerian soccer, but where are they now. if the likes of Chelsea, Man utd, Madrid, Juve, win trophies and are not as stable as arsenal is financially, whats the gain of running a football club, accepted, trophies are important, but profit keeps the club running, that is why Prof would never be sacked. IF ARSENAL SACKS WENGER, I BET YOU, YOUR CLUB WOULD SACK ITS CURRENT COACH TO EMPLOY PROF.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 4:37pm On May 20, 2011
^^ Funny, you mean Man Utd would sack Ferguson for Wenger, Barcelona would sack Pep for Wenger, Bayern would sack Heyckenes for Wenger?

[size=18pt]Tell us why Wenger has never won any European trophy in his whole career.[/size]

Man Utd is not stable financially? Meaning what? they would go bankrupt or liquidate?
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 4:38pm On May 20, 2011
@ Roland17

Don't even mention Nigerian club here, because there is hardly any basis for comparison.
If the pursuit of profits overtake titles, then you have a problem. Football clubs are not your everyday businesses. Many of these clubs have been in existence for over 100 years, and yes you can say they are too big to fail.
Don't forget, success has its rewards as well. There are huge financial incentives for winning the EPL and Champs leagues.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by duduspace(m): 4:48pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

1. what percentage of arsenal fans round the globe have shares in the club. Do you have one? If you dont have answers to these questions you better keep it quiet.
arrant nonsense, what should it matter if I have shares or not? 1800 fans contributed 500,000 pounds in the past 6 months to buy shares in their club, those are people who have a purpose and really love their club, not noise makers like you demanding trophies while probably watching streams online. Trophies my foot. The only trophy you deserve is the one you buy from Mama Mufu's beer parlour.

snowdrops:

2. Arsenal have a new owner for your information even though he does not have 100% stake yet. So for your information he would start listening to genuine fans soon like Abrahamovic you quoted. Hence Arsene days may be numbered.

Hope springs eternal, keep hoping. I also hope you also know that FFP is starting next month and having sugar daddies is no longer fashionable, anyway nothing suggests Kroenke is one, he has been on the board for at least 3 out of the 6 years we've not won a trophy and not changed a thing.

snowdrops:

3. Arsene failure to secure trophies in years is down to his own fault. It seems you started following the EPL yesterday. He sacked his winning team too fast too soon and replaced them with Mediocres simple. Not any mediocre, but cheap ones.
Soup wey sweet na money kill am.
Imagine replacing players like marc overmas, dennis berghamp, thierry henry, patrick viera, tony adam, martin keown, slivinho, ashley cole, freddie lundberg, robert pires etc. with the likes of Emmanuel eboue and silveste.
I am sure you are already rolling with laughter at your argument.

And you think that the same man who bought this good players in the first instance did that without any reason at all just cos he woke up on the wrong side of the bed or drank a little too much burukutu some day and started ticking names to get rid of in the team abi?  grin grin
you're right I'm really trying hard to stop laughing.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by AjanleKoko: 4:51pm On May 20, 2011
hehehehe.
Keywords like 'Arsenal' and 'Arsene Wenger' are magnets for dayokanu.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by snowdrops(m): 4:55pm On May 20, 2011
@ duduspace

You are the joker of the century. What are you smoking. You must either be too ignorant or too arrogant to know when to give up a non-argument.
So you think Arsene brought all those players to arsenal.  grin grin grin grin

Thank goodness you are already learning. At least i educated you today that Arsenal has a new owner because previously you thought they are being run solely by the board.

Una no go kill person for NL.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by Roland17(m): 4:58pm On May 20, 2011
@ dayokanu
save for AIG in 2008, united would have gone bankrupt, so don,t even go there, we all know the story. i did not expect compliments when i raised the Nigerian league issue, although there is no comparison, there exist a relationship. @snowdrops i love your intelligent posts.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by duduspace(m): 5:04pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

@ duduspace

You are the joker of the century. What are you smoking. You must either be too ignorant or too arrogant to know when to give up a non-argument.
So you think Arsene brought all those players to arsenal.  grin grin grin grin

Pray how many of the invincibles team members was not brought to Arsenal by Arsene? are you inventing some fictitious minority report? undecided
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by dayokanu(m): 5:05pm On May 20, 2011
Roland17:

@ dayokanu
save for AIG in 2008, united would have gone bankrupt, so don,t even go there, we all know the story. i did not expect compliments when i raised the Nigerian league issue, although there is no comparison, there exist a relationship. @snowdrops i love your intelligent posts.

Bottom line is Man Utd can never go bankrupt, Thats one of the biggest SPorting franchise in the world, One of the biggest fan base,

All the talk abour Save for AIG? Doesnt mean nothing, If not AIG, Dudu Osun, YEmkem, Ekenedilchukwu, LASACO assurance or Wema bank would bail them out.

[size=18pt]You didnt tell me Why a coach hasnt won ANY European trophy in 27yrs as a coach[/size]
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by AjanleKoko: 5:06pm On May 20, 2011
Ironically, Arsenal should feel good about themselves this season sha:

Chelsea: 73 million pounds in January, CL slot, 0 cup final appearances, 0 titles.
Arsenal: 0 pounds in January, CL slot, 1 cup final appearance, 0 titles.
grin
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by Akosbaba(m): 5:08pm On May 20, 2011
i doubt the arsenal board will agree with the poster,wenger's economics rakes in millions for the gunners even without winning trophies
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by duduspace(m): 5:12pm On May 20, 2011
snowdrops:

Thank goodness you are already learning. At least i educated you today that Arsenal has a new owner because previously you thought they are being run solely by the board.

You must be a very ignorant person, did you just learn that Kroenke made a mandatory offer for Arsenal today? do you really know the details of the offer or you just want to sound like you know something?
Go and check bundles of posts on the Arsenal thread for discussions on the takeover before you go red in the face.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by bidemi12(m): 5:13pm On May 20, 2011
Mumu football fans with no sense for the game. Arsenal is about the only club in the world making a profit on a yearly basis, and why? the answer is wenger. smart man, buy cheap sell high. you think the arsenal board is s.t.u.p.i.d? they are in the business to make money you know. That is the bottom line. . . .profits. So long as they stay in the top four and are always in the champions league he's not going anywhere. Nigerians and our sentiments. No wonder our local club cannot grasp this concept.
Re: Arsene Wenger Needs To Be Sacked. by Akosbaba(m): 5:15pm On May 20, 2011
i doubt the arsenal board will agree with the poster,wenger's economics rakes in millions for the gunners even without winning trophies

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Student Squanders School Fees While Celebrating Real Madrid Victory / Arsenal Vs Nowich (1 - 0) On 30th April 2016 / Arsenal Offer Thierry Henry Two-month Loan Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.