Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport (23223 Views)

David Umahi Inspects The Abuja-Kaduna-Kano Road / Umahi Inspects Various Projects At Night (Photos) / Umahi Inspects Commencement Of New International Airport & Stadium In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Mrkumareze(m): 10:51am On Aug 29, 2021
When completed, my Ugu Governor ll understand what he built in my state is a mare shopping mall

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by KosiGee(m): 11:20am On Aug 29, 2021
Dave Umahi is an engineer and he should tell his contractors to stop using bamboo scaffolds for a project as big and as important as this.
Can Umahi also remember observe some safety procedures at the site. He should not be walking under such dangerous environment without a safety hat and safety boot and high visibility vest on.

5 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by thundafire: 11:47am On Aug 29, 2021
Ayade the useless governor same with Bello and Ortom should take a cue from this development. To all the southern oil producing state it's a shame such high projects can not be found in their respective states but quick to blame federal government but forgets they too are government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by techWriter1: 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2021
Lol FTC where? want again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by globemoney01: 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2021
Mrkumareze:
When completed, my Ugu Governor ll understand what he built in my state is a mare shopping mall
Shut up. Anambra Airport will remain the best in SE/SS. What is on ground here can’t match the shopping mall.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by globemoney01: 12:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
alizma:
The only active governor in South East
Obiano must be from North East
Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Donbarry043: 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Totilopussylick:
Professor

Ebonyi is derived from Ebonyi river which goes across most part of the state and Enugu. The river is called Ebe, Ebenyi in some parts like Nkalaha, eha-amufu, Ezillo and Ngbo hence this is a popular surname in those areas

8 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Abohboy: 1:08pm On Aug 29, 2021
AntiBalaka:
Ebonyi, from old Latin meaning 'black wood'.

Ebony is the anglicized version of Ebonyi.

The region referred to as Ebonyi today in present day Nigeria was a hunting ground for Jewish slave traders who dealt with the Arochukwu slave raiders.

The Jewish slave traders described their cargo as black wood which were piled up against each other side-by-side in the hauls of their slave ships.

It's the name of a river the anglicized version of it there were never any jewish slave traders who went inland and all people gotten from the Igbo area were considered red or lightskin

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by AntiBalaka: 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2021
Abohboy:

It's the name of a river the anglicized version of it there were never any jewish slave traders who went inland and all people gotten from the Igbo area were considered red or lightskin

It was down that same river that Jewish merchants searching to purchase some fine Igbo specimen made their way into the interior.

They went hunting for ''black wood''.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Abohboy: 1:15pm On Aug 29, 2021
AntiBalaka:

It was down that same river that Jewish merchants searching to purchase some fine Igbo specimen made their way into the interior.

They went hunting for ''black wood''.

Which Jewish slave traders there were only British and Portugese in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by alizma: 1:16pm On Aug 29, 2021
globemoney01:

Obiano must be from North East
Obiano is not doing up to him when you compare the resources at their disposal with what they have achieved.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by AntiBalaka: 1:18pm On Aug 29, 2021
Abohboy:

Which Jewish slave traders there were only British and Portugese in Nigeria

Ahhh alas, you never heard of crypto Jews.

The so-called Portuguese slavers where Jews, specifically Marrano Jews.

In England, the slaving expiations out of Liverpool and Bristol were all owned by Jewish slavers hence why the Bank of England under Baron Rothschild defrayed any losses they incurred owing to the abolishing of slavery. The cost was passed to the British public whom only ended up paying off debts to Jewish slavers in 2015!

You know nothing!

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by obi4eze(m): 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2021
AntiBalaka:

The region referred to as Ebonyi today in present day Nigeria was a hunting ground for Jewish slave traders who dealt with the Arochukwu slave raiders.

The Jewish slave traders described their cargo as black wood which were piled up against each other side-by-side in the hauls of their slave ships.

Ebonyi is gotten from the river Ebonyi, which is the anglicised version of Aboine river. Not Ebony as you wrongly claim.

By the way, I wonder who will use the airport maybe just the political class. There's an airport at Emene, Enugu which is about one hours drive from Abakaliki.
I feel there are other areas to channel the funds instead of building an airport that wont really benefit the common people.

2 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by DropsMic(m): 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2021
EmekaA125:
FTC after how many unsuccessful attempt on this space.

I dedicate this FTC to all lovers of development and Ebonyi people.

Truly, Gov Dave Umahi is God-sent to Ebonyi and SE at large. 4 out of 5 Igbo States now have an Airport. Very commendable.

Oga look up grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by DropsMic(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
AntiBalaka:

Hmmm.
Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by sweetjohn(m): 1:38pm On Aug 29, 2021
Rodwave:

My phone is already upgraded. cheesy grin
You rushed to this post to do amebo! Gerrat of here jor

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Benmob: 1:40pm On Aug 29, 2021
Why I no dey hear diz type of news for my state imo
Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Eriokanmi: 1:42pm On Aug 29, 2021
But na why all of them from that side dey get belle like dix? undecided
Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by lomprico(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
rozario:
Working Governor the best in southeast

best in the country if you compare the state's allocation.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by INCREDIBLE007(m): 1:43pm On Aug 29, 2021
Benmob:
Why I no dey hear diz type of news for my state imo

very soon by God's grace

Amen
Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Reference(m): 1:45pm On Aug 29, 2021
KosiGee:
Dave Umahi is an engineer and he should tell his contractors to stop using bamboo scaffolds for a project as big and as important as this.
Can Umahi also remember observe some safety procedures at the site. He should not be walking under such dangerous environment without a safety hat and safety boot and high visibility vest on.

That is irrelevant. He is a bricks and mortar manager. Those things are not relevant in development from such low levels where we as a nation come from. That is not how nations break out and prosper. That is not his China became a super power. You start with doing the basics, the needful. When you emerge and start competing beyond your shores then you can adopt internatiinal standards and best practices.

If he needed those fancy things he will have engaged Julius Berger then obviously emptied his treasury and run along in poverty trying to look good. No one remembered how the Great Wall of China was built but it has paid itself thousand times over. Yes, thousands died.

4 Likes

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Ignatio(m): 1:47pm On Aug 29, 2021
obi4eze:

Ebonyi is gotten from the river Ebonyi, which is the anglicised version of Aboine river. Not Ebony as you wrongly claim.

By the way, I wonder who will use the airport maybe just the political class. There's an airport at Emene, Enugu which is about one hours drive from Enugu.
I feel there are other areas to channel the funds instead of building an airport that wont really benefit the common people.

Same question I'm asking. What's the point of this airport while there's one an hour away. How many Eboyians can afford a plane?
Just another waste project.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by EmekaA125(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
techWriter1:
Lol FTC where? want again
Lol
Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Agoziewin(m): 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2021
Immediately after 2022 I will relocate to Ebonyi state my state. They've underrate us enough, we're taking over now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by offiahvictor(m): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2021
rozario:
Working Governor the best in southeast
you're right brother. I respect this man after Sullivan Chime former Enugu governor. Enugu recently has a woman in place of a man governor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by globemoney01: 1:55pm On Aug 29, 2021
alizma:

Obiano is not doing up to him when you compare the resources at their disposal with what they have achieved.
Obiano met Anambra IGR at 10b increased it to over 26 billlion. What did Umahi do? No excuse
Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by objobj: 1:56pm On Aug 29, 2021
Totilopussylick:
You should upgrade your phone tongue

Hahahaha

Na Java phone. It cannot be upgraded. I was once ike him . Lol
Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by Temptee101(m): 1:58pm On Aug 29, 2021
This man and work.

The only problem he has is being buhari asslicker, a stooge and traitor.

1 Like

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by akpunda86: 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
EmekaA125:
FTC after how many unsuccessful attempt on this space.

I dedicate this FTC to all lovers of development and Ebonyi people.

Truly, Gov Dave Umahi is God-sent to Ebonyi and SE at large. 4 out of 5 Igbo States now have an Airport. Very commendable.

How many ppl can afford a flight from ebonyi to Other states The IGR of the state is poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport by LegendaryArnold(m): 2:11pm On Aug 29, 2021
Kosiso12:
Gov. Umahi Inspects Ebonyi State International Airport (Photos)

https://igberetvnews.com/1399086/gov-umahi-inspects-ebonyi-state-international-airport-photos/

Way to go. Every state should have a local and an international airport.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari In Group Photo With AU Leaders / Precious Chikwendu: 'I Am Grateful For Being Single; My Ex Is A Narcissist' / Private Refinery Vows To End Fuel Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.