Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,127 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:17 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! (79456 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 11:39am On Jun 02, 2011
coogar:

the statistics of the number of minutes spent on the pitch is a more precise way of measuring the performance. ronaldo is a number 9. . . .why is his name excluded? diego forlan?

Forlan is 1 in 1.87 in La Liga.

Ronaldo number 9? Then why does he fight with JM when JM tried to play him no 9 against Barca?

Minutes on pitch would make Higuain's record more impressive because as you know, he has never been guaranteed a start at Real, and a lot of his goals came from the bench. He had to contend with the likes of Ronaldo Luiz, Raul, Benzema and Van Nistelrooy competing with him and often had to play on the right wing, or start on the bench.

FBS:

(1.) Ibime,  were you not the same guy who recommended Stephen Ireland as the solution to Chelsea's MFs problem? I laugh in Comoros Island.

(2.) Hugain na hustler? are you kidding me? If Hugain na hustler then DD is what? and you have the nerve to say he is more worthy than the strikers we have? what nonsense are you typing here today?

(3.) Milito? Ibime. Sharap! Milito was a "one-off". call it a "project" player. He  was brought in for a project and which he fulfilled perfectly! How many people knew him before he went to Inter. Hugain would easily be forgotten if he leaves for say Parma. Who would care? only you maybe.  

(4.) RM transfer policy is chaotic but there is a NEW chief in town. a.k.a JM! He would never have sold WS - FACT! Canales is NOT established yet. You can't even compare him to anyone in RM's starting 11, therefore he can be sold without even thinking twice. Canales get understudy for RM or he himself dey understudy person?

(5.) But I mentioned this earlier, he needs someone to create those chances for him (then factor in the number of chances he misses) and more importantly, we don't have such players at the moment - oh wait, we gets Lamps abi? .

(1.) Steven Ireland remains a good player, and barring injury will resurrect himself.

(2.) I know DD is your problem. Higuain is a hustler in the mode of Chicarito, not bully-mode like DD.

(3.) Good player is good player. Which one is "project player" again? And by the way, Milito remains a good player, just hampered by injury. I hope you are not trying to backtrack on our Higuain/Milito argument with all this "project player" malarkey. Milito is good, but Higuain is just as good, only younger.

(4.) I know JM is your problem. Anybody JM sells cannot be good. I guess VDV is not good, neither is Lass Diarra or Leonardo Bonucci. JM may not have sold Sneijder, but JM will sell many good players especially at RM where they have an abundance. Higuain is one of such.

(5.) All that one na story. Even if true, one famous manager said that he prefers a striker that gets 10 chances and scores 3 than someone who only gets 1 and scores 1. Shebi you remember Andy Cole?

FBS:

But I do remember what Mr. Ibime said " Eto'o ain't no good for Chelsea".

Stop misquoting me. Eto' story was never based on his talent but on his age. If you remember the scandal that broke few years back when Eto claimed to have met Roger Milla when he was aged 7 just before a Zambia match. Journalists discovered that the Zambia match was in 1985, putting Eto at 33/34 years of age presently. Why you think Barca were desperate to get rid despite his records?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by coogar: 11:47am On Jun 02, 2011
Ibime:

Forlan is 1 in 1.87 in La Liga.

i have told you i don't do goals/match. i do goals/minutes spent. print out the number of minutes spent on the pitch

Ronaldo number 9? Then why does he fight with JM when JM tried to play him no 9 against Barca?

he did not score 53 goals from the flanks. he scored them playing centrally in the attack. he blamed jose's tactics in the el-clasico. . .he did not fight jose for playing him in the centre forward position.

Minutes on pitch would make Higuain's record more impressive because as you know, he has never been guaranteed a start at Real, and a lot of his goals came from the bench. He had to contend with the likes of Ronaldo Luiz, Raul, Benzema and Van Nistelrooy competing with him and often had to play on the right wing, or start on the bench.

then print out these minutes on the pitch. . . . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by FBS: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2011
Ibime:

(1.) Steven Ireland remains a good player, and barring injury will resurrect himself.

(2.) I know DD is your problem. Higuain is a hustler in the mode of Chicarito, not bully-mode like DD.

(3.) Good player is good player. Which one is "project player" again? And by the way, Milito remains a good player, just hampered by injury. I hope you are not trying to backtrack on our Higuain/Milito argument with all this "project player" malarkey. Milito is good, but Higuain is just as good, only younger.

(4.) I know JM is your problem. Anybody JM sells cannot be good. I guess VDV is not good, neither is Lass Diarra or Leonardo Bonucci. JM may not have sold Sneijder, but JM will sell many good players especially at RM where they have an abundance. Higuain is one of such.

(5.) All that one na story. Even if true, one famous manager said that he prefers a striker that gets 10 chances and scores 3 than someone who only gets 1 and scores 1. Shebi you remember Andy Cole?

(6). Stop misquoting me. Eto' story was never based on his talent but on his age. If you remember the scandal that broke few years back when Eto claimed to have met Roger Milla when he was aged 7 just before a Zambia match. Journalists discovered that the Zambia match was in 1985, putting Eto at 33/34 years of age presently. Why you think Barca were desperate to get rid despite his records?
1. Oh yes he is. So we should buy him abi? Even before injury wetin him do?
2. No DD is not my problem and which one be bully-mode? do you want ALL your strikers to be Torres-like?
3. Certainly Milito is a fine player and never said otherwise. GH is much younger which is a plus but that's not the point. Milito is a different player from GH and if they were to change clubs, GH would probably never even make the NT. GH plays for a bigger club. That's the difference.
4. You missed the point. JM is not my problem. not at all. Why do you need VdV when you have a Mozart? A Kaka! Alonso and the rest of them?
5. Its good you ain't a football manager cos I fear for your club. You expect GH to succeed at Chelsea without players to create chances for him?
6. Misquote you? comot dia. His age? really? how many trophies has he landed for his club(s) since that time? What's age got to do with this? The man is still banging in goals till today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 12:31pm On Jun 02, 2011
FBS:

1. Oh yes he is. So we should buy him abi? Even before injury wetin him do?
2. No DD is not my problem and which one be bully-mode? do you want  ALL your strikers to be Torres-like?
3. Misquote you? comot dia. His age? really? how many trophies has he landed for his club(s) since that time? What's age got to do with this? The man is still banging in goals till today.

(1.) City player of the year the season before last. Outshined Robinho, Bellamy and such. Micah Richards once said that in training, everybody rushes to his side in 5-a-sides cos he is the best passer at the club. He's been severely unlucky for two reasons: (a.) He can only play effectively at the top of a three man midfield, and Tevez took his position away as Tevez was placed behind Adebayor, necessitating a two man central midfield. (b.) Ashley Young demanded the no 10 position as a condition for him staying at Aston Villa. As a result, Ireland has never been able to recreate the halcyon days of 08/09. There is a question of his mentality after the "grandmother" fiasco he had with EIRE, and that is the main area of concern with regard his abilities to achieve his potential.

(2.) Higuain is never Torres like

(3.) Age has got everything to do with transfers and contracts. Eto performing at 33 is a testament to his fitness, not a blueprint for transfer policy. When I said the same about selling Essien couple years ago rather than giving him new contract, the likes of yourself baulked. . . . . now the new contract is looking very expensive. Some will perform till old age, most won't.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2011
If there is one striker I will snatch for £13m now, it's Higuain jo.
Class striker. Like Ibime said, he is as deadly as they come.

That will be the deal of the season. If RM want to include Pedro Leon in there, I 'll take him too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by FBS: 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2011
1. re:re:re! what would have happened had we bought him. That was the question I asked you?

2. Agreed GH is no Torress but hello, imo we need MFs more than anything now. We already have DD, FT, DS, Kalou, Nic.

3. Age does not matter to me, as long as he is performing. You mentioned DD was past his prime cos of age, tell us what happened the season after? Eto'o is old too. The man just landed another trophy last week.
Of what use is a 20 yr old who is not as fit and talented as a 30 yr old?
As for Mr Essien, please speak for yourself and don't lump me into them lot. I can't remember  taking sides on his case at all but remember he was injured for some period.

Right now, Chelsea should get a manager first. That's where the solution starts.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 1:24pm On Jun 03, 2011
FBS:

2. Agreed GH is no Torress but hello, imo we need MFs more than anything now. We already have DD, FT, DS, Kalou, Nic.

I agree with that, thats why I asked whether Chelsea need any more strikers in response to the continued chase of Lukaku and Neymar. However, if Chelsea wanna chase strikers, my thought is that Higuain is the best value-for-money on the market.

BTW, am I the only one who notices several similarities between Sturridge and Chicarito? I mean, both their movement is fantastic. Ashley Cole said that Sturridge is the hardest player he ever had to mark.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by chelseabmw(m): 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 10:19pm On Jun 03, 2011
Ibime:

BTW, am I the only one who notices several similarities between Sturridge and Chicarito? I mean, both their movement is fantastic. Ashley Cole said that Sturridge is the hardest player he ever had to mark.

I agree mate. They score goals that according to Debo, "can be scored by his grandma" yet not many strikers get many goals. Someone told me before Danny went on loan that he is a 20-goal a season striker. I argued. Looking back, that statement may have been right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 10:45pm On Jun 03, 2011
Arnesen steals second youngster to Hamburg.

Jacopo Sala has joined Hamburg! Now I am getting really scared of this man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 12:11am On Jun 04, 2011
How good was the Scala guy?

Some Belgian eediot missed last minute penalty that woulda knocked Turkey out the Euros and made Guus Hiddink instantly available.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2011
Ibime:

How good was the Scala guy?

Some Belgian eediot missed last minute penalty that woulda knocked Turkey out the Euros and made Guus Hiddink instantly available.

I saw that too. I cursed at the fella. So what's going to happen. It's so twisted now. I will be very surprised if they hadn't considered this outcome. Unless he was never the one.

Sala was one of those I always thought will not make it at Chelsea. Not bothered about him but about the clout Arnesen has got. I read somewhere that he was trying to convince Mancienne, Bruma,  Kakuta, McEachran and Sturridge to go with him to Hamburg. That's everything good about Chelsea's youth. All he has to tell them is "Roman is preparing to spend 200m on established stars, you will never get a chance but with us (Hamburg), you will".
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2011
Rumours flying around that Neymar has agreed to join Chelsea on a 5 year deal of 6m/year.  shocked shocked
Other rumours are that Chelsea have sealed the Kevin De Bryune deal for 6m Euros.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 5:50pm On Jun 04, 2011
Lamps subbed 2nd half for Ashley Young in a must win game England is trailing in.
Every good thing comes to and end. Lamps' days at the top are numbered.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 5:52pm On Jun 04, 2011
And Ashley Young scores.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by mykali(m): 8:51am On Jun 05, 2011
nateevs:

Rumours flying around that Neymar has agreed to join Chelsea on a 5 year deal of 6m/year.  shocked shocked
Other rumours are that Chelsea have sealed the Kevin De Bryune deal for 6m Euros.

6million a year for Neymar? Someone should please tell me this was not gotten from chelseafc.com.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by A40(m): 1:41pm On Jun 05, 2011
Surely if u have Father Abrahamovic's money buyers remorse may not exist in ur dictionary.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 2:33pm On Jun 05, 2011
mykali:

6million a year for Neymar? Someone should please tell me this was not gotten from chelseafc.com.

That's why I said it's a rumour.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by debosky(m): 3:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
nateevs:

I agree mate. They score goals that according to Debo, "can be scored by his grandma" yet not many strikers get many goals. Someone told me before Danny went on loan that he is a 20-goal a season striker. I argued. Looking back, that statement may have been right.

Sturridge who didn't play when other players were fresh and then had a few weeks of gra gra scoring sitters. cheesy

Let him play a full season and we'll see his true pedigree.

Ibime:

Cashley has never been the sharpest tool in the shed so I'll take his opinion with a pinch of salt. Why Cashley's (not CBs) opinion about a striker would be important to Ibime is beyond me. This same doofus expected to be more popular than Thierry Henry at Highbury.

Then again, what do you expect from someone who believed that Carlo brought the elixir of youth to Chelski in his briefcase? cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by ritchboy(m): 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^ Sturridge plays right wing at times, no?

Rio Ferdinand once said Adebayor is the hardest player he's had to mark so I'd still take such comments with a pinch of garri grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 11:45pm On Jun 05, 2011
ritchboy:

^^ Sturridge plays right wing at times, no?

Rio Ferdinand once said Adebayor is the hardest player he's had to mark so I'd still take such comments with a pinch of garri grin grin

But DS played on the right for most of his time at Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 12:22pm On Jun 06, 2011
Gokhan Tore, is set to sign a three year deal with Hamburg.
Arnesen.

Meanwhile, it looks like Hiddink is on the verge of joining.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by lalaboi(m): 12:45pm On Jun 06, 2011
This Arnesen guy knows there is no hope for any of these young academy stars. Clearly shows what he experienced at chelsea was nothing near satisfying, .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2011
How good was the Gokhan Tore?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by nateevs(m): 2:17pm On Jun 06, 2011
Honestly, Gokhan was one of those I really had high hopes for. I have written a few articles about him on here. Gokhan is the only left footed true wide player we have in all the reserves. I loved him for his directness. He creates a lot of chances. I can't remember where I saw the stats but I read that he has the highest assist rate for goals in the reserves.

He's settled really well since his arrival 3 years ago. I was thinking that Guus having been manager of Turkey might be able to help him develop. (Guus called him up to the Turkish National team for the game against Belgium last Friday). But it looks like it's not going to be so. What a shame. This only shows Arnesen deserved the sack. If he is that good, he should be walking away to another club with a long list of potential targets he has. Not the ones he already got for Chelsea.

I hear Arnesen is already whispering into the ears of Bruma. What hurts me the most is that he is taking away the ones that have a chance. I am really scared of him taking away Bruma, Josh, Kakuta, Sturridge and Piazon.

Bruma is settling into the DM role at Leceister City. A role I have always advocated that Carllotti should expose him to.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Ibime(m): 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2011
Bruma was quite horrid at CB for Leicester. I didn't see him playing DM at all, maybe the last few games when I was out of the country.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 06, 2011
Fingers crossed who our next manager is gonna be
Displeased at Carlo's dismissal but if Hiddink is recruited
citing his past achievements

That would be great
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by mykali(m): 7:44am On Jun 07, 2011
Ancelloti rules out coaching for one year. He's rumoured to have been contacted by Villa to take over but says he's on a sabbatical. . .Goal.com

i think he's gonna change his mind though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by FBS: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2011
So Ghokan Tore to Hamburg. Na wa o! The boy get fire small o!

Mr Arnesen. na wa o!

But talking wingers, give me Steve McManaman or Finidi George. Heck, they don't make those types anymore. shame.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by HNIC(m): 5:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
FBS:

So Ghokan Tore to Hamburg. Na wa o! The boy get fire small o!
Mr Arnesen. na wa o!
Arnesen go sign everyone comot from your youth team ooh grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by lalaboi(m): 10:27am On Jun 08, 2011
Right now i refuse to believe any transfers linked to Chelsea. . . . No player in his right senses would sign for a club with no Manager. . . How is he sure the next manager really wants him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread:Home Of The Blues!!!! by DoubleN(m): 3:07pm On Jun 08, 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United Vs Manchester City (1 - 2) On 10th September 2016 / Nairaland Fantasy Premier League 2016/2017 / Manchester United Vs Chelsea (4 - 0) On 11th August 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.