Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,911 members, 7,835,048 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens (79918 Views)

Misuzulu KaZwelithini: New Zulu King Had To Kill This Lion To Become Monarch / 45,000 Virgin Zulu Maidens Step Out Topless For Testing In South Africa (Photos) / Zulu Maidens Bare Breasts As They Prepare For Mini Reed Dance (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 7:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
saintruky:

Thank you so very much... I greatly appreciate your willingness to go all out and help... God bless... Seems you're already in SA

Thanks. Willing to help people with good vibes and respect. I'm South African.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by Silentgroper(m): 7:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

The North West province borders Botswana so Tswana is the dominant language here (similar to Sotho) and Afrikaans. English is spoken all over SA.

The province is most known for the world--famous Sun City Resort (see 1st pics). It's got 3 big towns called Klerksdorp (see pic 2) , Mahikeng and Rustenberg. Rustenberg hosted the England vs USA match during the World Cup.

The province is also home to the richest tribe in Africa - the Royal Bafokeng who own platinum mines in the region. The climate is one of the hottest in SA as it is arid, and the lifestyle is more laid back than in the bigger cities.
Dammn!!! .. Lemme hit her up nd tell her, i'm on my way.

For some reason, u strike me as a tourist guide or something of that sort. It's like u do anything to make ur country appeal to outsiders.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

That's coz it really irritates me. Remember SA is a singing nation and have been labelled as having very beautiful voices. So autotune (computer voice) is just an assault on our senses.
that's not the true meaning of autotune

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune

sa is a singing nation?
you kidding me right? cheesy

even Benin Republic has a better claim grin
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 7:45pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Thanks. Willing to help people with good vibes and respect. I'm South African.
hmm tongue
naso lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 8:04pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
that's not the true meaning of autotune

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auto-Tune

sa is a singing nation?
you kidding me right? cheesy

even Benin Republic has a better claim grin

1. And Cher's 'Believe' is not computer voice effect? It is.

2. There's a reason SA has 39 Grammy Awards (over a dozen for singing), we can sing! Our choral music, accapela and opera are rated among the best in the world. All u have in Nigeria is the vibe, and not the voice - hence the over reliance on autotune.

List of South African Grammy Award winners and nominees

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_African_Grammy_Award_winners_and_nominees

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 8:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

1. And Cher's 'Believe' is not computer voice effect? It is.

2. There's a reason SA has 39 Grammy Awards (over a dozen for singing), we can sing! Our choral music, accapela and opera are rated among the best in the world. All u have in Nigeria is the vibe, and not the voice - hence the over reliance on autotune.

List of South African Grammy Award winners and nominees

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_African_Grammy_Award_winners_and_nominees
I can only see 7 in the link
are you dreaming? cheesy

we have singers too
it's not only about the vibe
just that they don't become mainstream
etc Johnny drille
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

I can only see 7 in the link
are you dreaming? cheesy

we have singers too
it's not only about the vibe
just that they don't become mainstream
etc Johnny drille

Thats why u can't trust Wikipedia. They need to update it. Ladysmith Black Mambazo has 9 Grammy's by now (see pics). That's why I said over a dozen singing Grammy's in total for SA.

I think I've proven my point that SA is a singing powerhouse. You owe me an apology for comparing us to Benin undecidedgrin

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 8:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Thats why u can't trust Wikipedia. They need to update it. Ladysmith Black Mambazo has 9 Grammy's by now (see pics). That's why I said over a dozen singing Grammy's in total for SA.

I think I've proven my point that SA is a singing powerhouse. You owe me an apology for comparing us to Benin undecidedgrin
Not all this but also vocally, no country can match us on the continent! We got the best Djs, Dancers, Rappers, etc

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

I still maintain my statement

Benin Republic is better than you at singing

Angelique Kidjo is beninese

Grammys don't matter in music

Fela Kuti never won one

and it's a group
so they gave all nine of them
not like it's nine different songs
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 8:43pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Not all this but also vocally, no country can match us on the continent! We got the best Djs, Dancers, Rappers, etc
you know you're joking grin
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 8:54pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
I still maintain my statement

Benin Republic is better than you at singing

Angelique Kidjo is beninese

Grammys don't matter in music

Fela Kuti never won one

@bolded - Yeah, that's what people who don't have 12 Grammy's would say. Go to that thread about WizKid and Burna winning Grammy's and see how Nigerians are boasting over there about the award (a few years months earlier they were saying the awards don't matter coz they had ZERO Grammys grin). How lame.

Angelique Kidjo can't sing to save her life dude - she just had catchy beats during her prime. She should just stick to activism now.

Miriam Makeba won her Grammy around the same era as Fela Kuti.

Seriously, I think you should research SA music prowess a little more - you're completely in the dark. I'll do likewise with Benin (i.e. Yorubaland wink)
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:

and it's a group
so they gave all nine of them
not like it's nine different songs

Ok, I'll concede on that one. So that's 9 Grammy's overall for SA including Makeba and Soweto Gospel Choir and dozens of nominations. Still pretty cool cool.
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 8:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
you know you're joking grin
Nigeria doesn't have the best Deejays since there's no dance music culture (I'm not talking about Shaku Shaku) I mean proper Deejays of Dance Music (House, Electro, Trance etc). It's no mistake we are regarded the world capital of house music. Same with our Hip Hop, we have been rapping since the 70's, There's an actual Hip Hop culture in SA (B-Boying, Graffiti, Cyphers, Skating) etc, the b-boying from Cape Town is probably the best in Africa. our rappers are unmatched as well since yours end up singing. Vocally again, we are unmatched, just listen to our gospel musicians...Is there anyone who's surpassed the legendary Miriam Makeba? why do you think The Soweto Gospel Choir has won the Grammy so many times?

2 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:01pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

@bolded - Yeah, that's what people who don't have 12 Grammy's would say. Go to that thread about WizKid and Burna winning Grammy's and see how Nigerians are boasting over there about the award (a few years months earlier they were saying the awards don't matter coz they had ZERO Grammys grin). How lame.

Angelique Kidjo can't sing to save her life dude - she just had catchy beats during her prime. She should just stick to activism now.

Miriam Makeba won her Grammy around the same era as Fela Kuti.

Seriously, I think you should research SA music prowess a little more - you're completely in the dark. I'll do likewise with Benin (i.e. Yorubaland wink)
In Nigeria you are stuck with Afrobeat. Imagine if you were listening to that 24 hours a day! South African radio can play a mapiano track from Kabza, a rap track from Nasty or A-Reece, a soul number from Zonke, a rock track from The Parlotones etc , all within an hour

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Nigeria doesn't have the best Deejays since there's no dance music culture (I'm not talking about Shaku Shaku) I mean proper Deejays of Dance Music (House, Electro, Trance etc). It's no mistake we are regarded the world capital of house music. Same with our Hip Hop, we have been rapping since the 70's, There's an actual Hip Hop culture in SA (B-Boying, Graffiti, Cyphers, Skating) etc, the b-boying from Cape Town is probably the best in Africa. our rappers are unmatched as well since yours end up singing. Vocally again, we are unmatched, just listen to our gospel musicians...Is there anyone who's surpassed the legendary Miriam Makeba? why do you think The Soweto Gospel Choir has won the Grammy so many times?

Amen.

Also African opera powerhouse cool

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:12pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Amen.

Exactly. hence I say vocally we are unmatched. Where are Nigerian versions of Lira, Thandiswa Mazwai, Zonke, Unathi, Siphokazi etc? We are just bombarded with the samey type of artist that want to clone Wizkid and Davido. Where I concede that Nigerians got the game on lock though is that their artists think like businessmen, that's why Nigerian music is where is at right now

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
mostly copied stuff
that's why nigeria will always be on top
the world has had enough of nigga rap,b boying electo etc
all of that already have big guys in the US especially

there's no dance music culture?
stop guessing
go on YouTube

Nigeria is best in anything entertainment
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Exactly. hence I say vocally we are unmatched. Where are Nigerian versions of Lira, Thandiswa Mazwai, Zonke, Unathi, Siphokazi etc? We are just bombarded with the samey type of artist that want to clone Wizkid and Davido. Where I concede that Nigerians got the game on lock though is that their artists think like businessmen, that's why Nigerian music is where is at right now

I remember telling Jace and XhosaNstra years back that I would witness Nigerians paying djs in Joburg clubs to play afrobeats. And then we would be bombarded with "autotune" for an hour or so and then return back to House and afro pop.

I'm proud of SA though, we dance to our own beat over here (amapiano right now) - and not follow afrobeats like sheep as the rest of Africa is doing.

2 Likes

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
you don't know what you are saying cheesy

unlike me you're not focusing on the truth
you just bringing up rubbish

besides I've never heard of those guys up there

have you heard of Fela Kuti?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

I remember telling Jace and XhosaNstra years back that I would witness Nigerians paying djs in Joburg to play afrobeats. And then we would be bombarded with "autotune" for an hour or so and then return back to House and afro pop.

I'm proud of SA though, we dance to our own beat over here (amapiano right now) - and not follow afrobeats like sheep as the rest of Africa is doing.
we will soon take over your own amapiano

just watch and see

I see you're obsessed with "autotune"
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
you don't know what you are saying cheesy

unlike me you're not focusing on the truth
you just bringing up rubbish

besides I've never heard of those guys up there

have you heard of Fela Kuti?
You aren't arguing anything
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by TMKsouth: 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
In Nigeria you are stuck with Afrobeat. Imagine if you were listening to that 24 hours a day! South African radio can play a mapiano track from Kabza, a rap track from Nasty or A-Reece, a soul number from Zonke, a rock track from The Parlotones etc , all within an hour

Diverse as the country itself cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:23pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

Amen.
you're getting it wrong you don't make opera "truly African"
you create music that is truly African
opera cannot be African
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:24pm On Sep 07, 2021
TMKsouth:

I remember telling Jace and XhosaNstra years back that I would witness Nigerians paying djs in Joburg clubs to play afrobeats. And then we would be bombarded with "autotune" for an hour or so and then return back to House and afro pop.

I'm proud of SA though, we dance to our own beat over here (amapiano right now) - and not follow afrobeats like sheep as t[b]he rest of Africa is doing[/b].
Actually, SADEC is mostly into SA music, A lot of East African countries too

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
you don't know how diverse our genres are
you don't
stop guessing
afrobeats is just the one the world knows

there are dozens more
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
you're getting it wrong
you don't make opera "truly African"

you create music that is truly African

opera cannot be African
Yes it can, in the same way, there's "African football" or "African Jazz"

1 Like

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Actually, SADEC is mostly into SA music, A lot of East African countries too
east Africa is into Sauti sol and diamond platinumz(a copy copy afrobeats singer)
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
Yes it can, in the same way, there's "African football" or "African Jazz"
what's African football?

I'm talking of music

jazz itself has many African influence
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
you don't know how diverse our genres are
you don't
stop guessing
afrobeats is just the one the world knows

there are dozens more
Lol, if they are so diverse why are we bombarded with the same sounding musicans on Trace, ChannelO, etc?, why is that when your artists try to do something different end up doing Afrobeats again ? Your rappers end up singing bro! In SA it's different, AKA sold gold, Kwesta sold platinum, So did Nasty C. Our Gospel artists make crazy numbers, Our soul musicians too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by IronGalaxy: 9:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
theTranscriber:
what's African football?

I'm talking of music

jazz itself has many African influence
So you don't understand what an analogy is?
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
You aren't arguing anything
you bringing up "cloning Davido and Wizkid" is just plain dumb

that's why I prefer talking to tmk south
Re: Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens by theTranscriber: 9:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
IronGalaxy:
So you don't understand what an analogy is?
okay

what is African football? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

What Island Has The Prettiest Girls In The Carribean? / The Marvelous Culture Of The Igbos And Igboland / Moment Oba Of Lagos House Was Attacked By Mob (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.