Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,504 members, 7,861,443 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:27 PM

Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas (7426 Views)

Youth Groups In Sokoto, Kebbi And Zamfara Rally Against #endsars / Tinubu Bans Political Groups In Lagos As War With Aregbesola Worsens Over 2023 / Tiv And Ibibio Are The Joint 4th Most Populous Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 8:01pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

Suspect me how? cheesy cheesy
what's your ethnicity?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 8:04pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

That's the only thing worth claiming my brother.
.shey you see the Ibos claiming Opobo and Bonny.

that's it
Those people don't want to associate with you in the first place. I guess you know itsekiri fought not to be added to Midwest in the first Republic. They wanted to stay in the west.

Igbo can allow Nigeria artificial division divide u into pieces. But we Yoruba know ourselves anywhere and subgroups cut off into SS and NC still have ties back to the main stock.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

Suspect me how? cheesy cheesy
what's your ethnicity?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 8:09pm On Sep 06, 2021
bobowaja:

Those people don't want to associate with you in the first place. I guess you know itsekiri fought not to be added to Midwest in the first Republic. They wanted to stay in the west.

Igbo can allow Nigeria artificial division divide u into pieces. But we Yoruba know ourselves anywhere and subgroups cut off into SS and NC still have ties back to the main stock.

you said Itshekiri voted not to be added to Midwest, lls post source.

why are you not claiming ilorin?
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 8:11pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:
then they should claim us
not vice versa

we are not eboe land grabbers

but you're grabbing Itshekiri. lol.

Okpameri is from Bini.

I lived in Ibilo for years, Shey you see from Isua in Ondo to Ibilo, to makeke, to ipkeshi to ojirame, imoga, I know there
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

you said Itshekiri voted not to be added to Midwest, lls post source.

why are you not claiming ilorin?
U want a source on itsekiri voting to stay in the west.... here is a link http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ethnichistories/egharevbalectures/Fifth-Omoigui.htm

(but it is long read. U must be a good reader to last till the end of it).

Who says we ain't claiming Ilorin? Do you know after reclaiming Ilorin throne, the British installed Fulani there back again? There are things u don't know. So ask questions.

And apart from Ilorin, Kwara is Yoruba state and it is currently in NC.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Lordbinsmar: 8:23pm On Sep 06, 2021
Kaduna1stson:
[s][/s]Awon land grabbers grin

Apart from Dahomey, there's no other place related to yoruba. What about our people fulani that are indegenous to the south west, please add them to the list.[s][/s]

Omo didirin embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by 1Sharon(f): 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

The Germans share 98% of their DNA with primates aka animals, while Sub Saharan Africans are 100% human beings. Are you an animal?

All humans share their DNA with primates

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 8:33pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

Okpameri is from Bini.

I lived in Ibilo for years, Shey you see from Isua in Ondo to Ibilo, to makeke, to ipkeshi to ojirame, imoga, I know there
U re mistaking Akoko Edo for Yoruba land. We didn't grab their lands. In the old western region, Yoruba culture spread over there. They have their own culture and language but many of them have now taken Yoruba names and language, but that doesn't change their culture. They are edoic group, same reason Yoruba can't claim Benin city. We only have something in common with their king and elites not the people itself (this is a long story).

The others Akoko in Ondo state re Yorubas. All of the towns and villages in Akoko have their respective languages no matter the size of the village. And for the Ondo Akoko, if you listen to them well, you will understand whatever they are saying (Yoruboid languages) just like Ekitis have their languages, ijesha does, Oyo etc.

I am giving u this information cos I schooled in one of their towns (AAUA) and I have read history projects from those who researched them in their papers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Ariani: 8:37pm On Sep 06, 2021
bobowaja:

U want a source on itsekiri voting to stay in the west.... here is a link http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/ethnichistories/egharevbalectures/Fifth-Omoigui.htm

Who says we ain't claiming Ilorin? Do you know after reclaiming Ilorin throne, the British installed Fulani there back again? There are things u don't know. So ask questions.

You are a bloody liar.
Itsekiris voted in vast majority to leave the Midwest. See result of the Midwest referendum here.
Itsekiris are Warri province.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

Okpameri is from Bini.

because they grabbed us first
are you Bini?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 8:40pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ariani:

You are a bloody liar.
Itsekiris voted in vast majority to leave the Midwest. See result of the Midwest referendum here.
stop saying what you don't know
Warri consists of three groups
Itsekiri
Ijaw and urhobo

Itsekiri voted to stay in the west

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
1Sharon:

Buhahaha. Fa fa faaaaaa fooowwwlllll
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Ariani: 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:
Itsekiri
Ijaw and urhobo

Don't be silly.
You can see Western Ijaw, Urhobo were separated from Warri(Itsekiri) there.
It doesn't mean they are not Yorubas, but the truth is that they voted in majority to leave Western region.
It is what it is.

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:
Itsekiri
Ijaw and urhobo

There were only 1500 itshekiri out of 30,000 inhabitants of warri?

1 Like

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2021
1Sharon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SlUGG8PE3g
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by bobowaja(m): 8:49pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ariani:

You are a bloody liar.
You don't need to abuse me. Itsekiri are not the only ones in warri, urhobo and ijaws are there. It was Olu of itsekiri before Awolowo changed it back to Olu of warri. Learn history and stop throwing tantrums in place of it.

Read about how Olu went to court to challenge why they were cut out of west. To be factual, itsekiri and ijaw have nothing to do with the separation. Bini championed it.

Learn how the Olu was dethroned by Azikwe lead NCNC with the help of okotie-eboh, whom the Olu cursed. The Olu was later reinstated when Awolowo left prison.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
Ariani:

Don't be silly.
You can see Western Ijaw, Urhobo were separated from Warri(Itsekiri) there.
It doesn't mean they are not Yorubas, but the truth is that they voted in majority to leave Western region.
It is what it is.
stop decieving yourself
urhobo and Ijaw were in Warri
they were also in other parts of Delta
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

That's the only thing worth claiming my brother.
.shey you see the Ibos claiming Opobo and Bonny.

that's it

Yoruba's aren't thinking on the same level as igbos.... even though a place like ibadan is landlocked an ibadan boy like me would never give it up to claim anywhere. The world is moving from fossils.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 8:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
kmcutez:

There were only 1500 itshekiri out of 30,000 inhabitants of warri?
that's not my business
come with proof
not speculations
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 06, 2021
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:
because they grabbed us first are you Bini?
Nope, I'm not... My tribe and the binis drag everything. lol. I'm Ishan
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by theTranscriber: 9:45pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

isn't it "Esan"

if you're esan why fighting for Bini?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2021
bobowaja:

U re mistaking Akoko Edo for Yoruba land. We didn't grab their lands. In the old western region, Yoruba culture spread over there. They have their own culture and language but many of them have now taken Yoruba names and language, but that doesn't change their culture. They are edoic group, same reason Yoruba can't claim Benin city. We only have something in common with their king and elites not the people itself (this is a long story).

The others Akoko in Ondo state re Yorubas. All of the towns and villages in Akoko have their respective languages no matter the size of the village. And for the Ondo Akoko, if you listen to them well, you will understand whatever they are saying (Yoruboid languages) just like Ekitis have their languages, ijesha does, Oyo etc.

I am giving u this information cos I schooled on one of their towns (AAUA) and I have read history projects from those who researched them in their papers.

Akungba. I passed through there when going to Ekiti...
You're well travelled. na people like you supposed deh talk history. no be to go deh do copy and paste, live among the people and eyes will open,
The Oba of Bini is actually a descendant of Oranmiyan who was a descendant of Ogiso. Simple as ABC.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 06, 2021
I actually think that tribal identity should involve science and genetic grouping. Africans can actually understand their history also with science.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

Lol, you're an ishan man...very stubborn people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 06, 2021
HornyTave:

Are you from Iruekpen or ekpoma?
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by Emilokoiyawon: 9:52pm On Sep 06, 2021
Interesting. Bamileke from Cameroun. This world is indeed a small place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 9:54pm On Sep 06, 2021
bobowaja:

the piece is long. I'll read and make screenshot but pls make a catalogue of votes that was cast. like the screenshot I made.
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Agbazilo group
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 9:55pm On Sep 06, 2021
WesternOligarch:

Agbazilo group
Re: Ethnic Groups In Africa That Share The Same Genetic Haplogroup With The Yorubas by HornyTave: 9:58pm On Sep 06, 2021
theTranscriber:
isn't it "Esan"

if you're esan why fighting for Bini?

I'm not fighting for Bini, I know History because I've lived among different people. it's because of insecurity I've not gone up North.
Esan was mainly for the Agbazilo group, but it can be used for the 23 kingdoms, also I can either say Esan man or Ishan man, more like Nigeria and UAR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tinubu’s Guinean Passport Is “diplomatic Passport”, Embassy Confirms / 2024 Budget: ₦‎532.5 Billion Not Enough To End Poverty In Nigeria - Betta Edu / Senators To Discourage Monopoly In Free Trade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.