Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible (11959 Views)

Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year? / Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

So it is not in your Bible that "VERILY I SAY UNTO YOU, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven" Mathew 19:24?

Okay!
Shall hardly enter doesn't mean they won't enter. That scripture refers to the rich who aren't born again or are christians. Aside that, the kingdom of heaven is neither easy to enter for the rich nor for the poor.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:43am On Sep 15, 2021
"Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible"

I find, then, this law in my case: When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. I really delight in the law of God according to the man I am within, but I see in my body another law warring against the law of my mind and leading me captive to sin’s law that is in my body. Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death? Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with my mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with my flesh to sin's law! Romans 7:21-25

The word "PERFECT" will surely be possible for Christians later in the future but not now! smiley
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 11:13am On Sep 15, 2021
Truvelisback:
Shall hardly enter doesn't mean they won't enter. That scripture refers to the rich who aren't born again or are christians...

Even in your own family and environment, you have not found even one rich man whom you would hold up as your own champion whom you believe would even qualify to take the needle's eye test.

That is the same result everyone has and no one has anyono whom they could hold up and say may be "so so and so may make God's kingdom".

No one anywhere has one.

And the mere fact that you fight for this, clearly proves how great your trust is in riches and therefore very far from God!
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 11:23am On Sep 15, 2021
Ayo081:

Oh well, thank you.

A thread on the only way of good living will be appreciated. When you find time.

If you agree, please give me a MT.

Truth is, no one wants that way and in truth, you are the first who has indicated an interest in it.

And unfortunately, the nearest talk that I should give is that you yourself would have to undertake that school yourself and see the lessons there.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 11:27am On Sep 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Truth is, no one wants that way and in truth, you are the first who has indicated an interest in it.

And unfortunately, the nearest talk that I should give is that you yourself would have to undertake that school yourself and see the lessons there.

embarassed
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 11:33am On Sep 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Even in your own family and environment, you have not found even one rich man whom you would hold up as your own champion whom you believe would even qualify to take the needle's eye test.

That is the same result everyone has and no one has anyono whom they could hold up and say may be "so so and so may make God's kingdom".

No one anywhere has one.

And the mere fact that you fight for this, clearly proves how great your trust is in riches and therefore very far from God!

I don't think you should conclude on him yet, The Bible tagged Job a blameless man before God. And that was before his troubles.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 12:01pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ayo081:

I don't think you should conclude on him yet,

By their fruits we shall know them is THE LAW!

[quote author=Ayo081 post=105838097
The Bible tagged Job a blameless man before God. And that was before his troubles.[/quote]

This is another issue where people have been misled and deceived, even though it is very clearly spelt out.

Job's troubles was clearly as a result of the fact that God was using him to humiliate and taunt Satan, which led to a Challenge/Contest between God and Satan to which Job was the Object and determinant of Who between them shall Win over the matter of Job.

That was what caused this beyond normal troubles for Job, for he had obeyed God Completely and kept His Laws, so he was blessed.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

No one anywhere has one.

Eternal life is neither easier for the rich nor for the poor. The needle's eye is a idiomatic expression which is also related to Narrow is the way to eternal life.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

for he had obeyed God Completely and kept His Laws, so he was blessed.

This is exactly my point.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ayo081:

This is exactly my point.

And my point is people do not truly Obey God Completely and Keep His Laws, therefore are they living under His Curse and not blessed as Job was.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2021
Truvelisback:
Eternal life is neither easier for the rich nor for the poor. The needle's eye is a idiomatic expression which is also related to Narrow is the way to eternal life.

I clearly said so at the beginning.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And my point is people do not truly Obey God Completely and Keep His Laws, therefore are they living under His Curse and not blessed as Job was.

Think about it, God's thought are not our thoughts.

Are you saying there's no one 'currently' living under earth and enjoying God's true blessing?
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by pedenaca: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2021
Cetoji:
Once u truly have the holy spirit in you, it's not as hard as u think. He makes all things easy and perfect for you.

I'm personally giving out loan to fee people here on Nairaland for business purpose. I wish to startup a loan shark business but want to test my knowledge here on Nairaland first and see how it goes before going fully into it. Hence i want to start with 3 million here as a test and see how it goes and how profitable it is. Maximum amount I'm giving out to a person is 500k. Minimum is 100k. I have done an intensive research from various loan companies and I know how it works and I heard it's profitable. My loan terms include:

* NO COLLATERAL
* INTENSIVE VERIFICATION PROCESS
* LOAN FOR BUSINESS PURPOSE ONLY.
* EVERY STATE IN NIGERIA IS WELCOME
* MONTHLY INTEREST RATE OF 3%
* LOAN MAXIMUM DURATION REPAID PERIOD OF NOT MORE THAN 6 MONTHS.
* PHYSICAL VERIFICATION APLLIED WHERE NEEDED.

Chat me up on WhatsApp 09022611124
He will request for your details including your ID card and Nairaland password, and then use them to scam people.
He doesn't have any loan to give.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 2:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ayo081:

Think about it, God's thought are not our thoughts.

And He has also communicated His Thoughts to us.

Ayo081:

Are you saying there's no one 'currently' living under earth and enjoying God's true blessing?

I Always Say this ONLY ALL THOSE WHO OBEY THE VOICE OF GOD As Severally Written in the Bible eg Jeremiah 7:23

But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, THAT IT MAY BE WELL UNTO YOU.”

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

And He has also communicated His Thoughts to us.

I Always Say this ONLY ALL THOSE WHO OBEY THE VOICE OF GOD As Severally Written in the Bible eg Jeremiah 7:23

But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, THAT IT MAY BE WELL UNTO YOU.”

Alright, thank you.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2021
Ayo081:

Alright, thank you.

Glad to help.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 10:12pm On Sep 15, 2021
When u are broke or poor, living a perfect christian life becomes difficult or stressful. Even the Bible stated it that money answereth all things.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 11:51pm On Sep 15, 2021
Truvelisback:
When u are broke or poor, living a perfect christian life becomes difficult or stressful. Even the Bible stated it that money answereth all things.

Absolutely no lies,

Have you been in a state where you have no money and you're like the happiest human on earth? That feeling only comes with the help of the holy spirit.

Have you ever been in a state where you have little and you still share with the poor? It's still help of the holy spirit that makes that easy to do.

No matter the situation of life, it's good to always evaluate how much of Christ one have got.

I don't know how you want the thread to end but the reason why I believe in the word of God the more is because Jesus never hide anything. He was truthful. It won't be easy and he told us.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 5:43am On Sep 16, 2021
Ayo081:

Absolutely no lies,

Have you been in a state where you have no money and you're like the happiest human on earth? That feeling only comes with the help of the holy spirit.

Have you ever been in a state where you have little and you still share with the poor? It's still help of the holy spirit that makes that easy to do...

grin Oh you have seen this beautiful Places too.

Psalm 23 is no joke, a person can indeed have every good thing he wishes and desires without millions.

And Isaiah 55:1
"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat!

How can you buy without money, they would say.

That is the great and awesome Power of God and this is where I say "Taste and See that The Lord is In Deed Good and Very True!

A person can have every good thing he needs and desires with 3 loafs of bread and 2 fishes worth in money. grin

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 9:09am On Sep 16, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Oh you have seen this beautiful Places too.

Psalm 23 is no joke, a person can indeed have every good thing he wishes and desires without millions.

And Isaiah 55:1
"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat!

How can you buy without money, they would say.

That is the great and awesome Power of God and this is where I say "Taste and See that The Lord is In Deed Good and Very True!

A person can have every good thing he needs and desires with 3 loafs of bread and 2 fishes worth in money. grin

Absolutely cheesy

The principle is God will show up when there's need. Just like when Christ need to pay that tax. He made a way; He didn't go about moving with millions even tho he could wink
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 10:25am On Sep 16, 2021
Ayo081:

Absolutely no lies,

Have you ever been in a state where you have little and you still share with the poor? It's still help of the holy spirit that makes that easy to do.

No matter the situation of life, it's good to always evaluate how much of Christ one have got.

I don't know how you want the thread to end but the reason why I believe in the word of God the more is because Jesus never hide anything. He was truthful. It won't be easy and he told us.

Was Job happy when he was diseased(had boils all over the body), lost all his wealth, lost all his children and when his wife left him?
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 11:45am On Sep 16, 2021
Truvelisback:
Was Job happy when he was diseased(had boils all over the body), lost all his wealth, lost all his children and when his wife left him?

He definitely wasn't.

But he was able to persevere.

20 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship

21 and said: “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked I will depart. The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised.”

22 In all this, Job did not sin by charging God with wrongdoing.

Job 1:20‭-‬22 NIV

9 His wife said to him, “Are you still maintaining your integrity? Curse God and die!”

10 He replied, “You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?” In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.

Job 2:9‭-‬10 NIV

May the Almighty grant us the Grace to persevere in whatever situation.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 12:44pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ayo081:

He definitely wasn't.

But he was able to persevere.

May the Almighty grant us the Grace to persevere in whatever situation.
Good, this why i said living a perfect christian life is hard but possible. There is this hymn titled "it's not an easy road" The Bible stated it clearly that Narrow(hard or difficult) is the way(path) to eternal life. Jesus even made a shocking statement. He said, there are people(christians) who would strive to enter the kingdom of God that won't enter. This statement even made Peter to exclaim, "Who else is save"

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 1:20pm On Sep 16, 2021
Truvelisback:
This statement even made Peter to exclaim, "Who else is save"

Kindly help with the bible verse.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 1:33pm On Sep 16, 2021
Truvelisback:
Shall hardly enter doesn't mean they won't enter. That scripture refers to the rich who aren't born again or are christians. Aside that, the kingdom of heaven is neither easy to enter for the rich nor for the poor.
What abt Luke13:24? Many will strive to enter but won't.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 2:25pm On Sep 16, 2021
Ayo081:

Absolutely cheesy

The principle is God will show up when there's need. Just like when Christ need to pay that tax. He made a way; He didn't go about moving with millions even tho he could wink

grin Yeah!

Even before the need arises, God shows up.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2021
Truvelisback:
Shall hardly enter doesn't mean they won't enter...

The most important thing is that all of us have not seen in Truth any rich one whom we would in our fairest and truest opinion, hold that such a person should qualify for that place.

That is how "hardly" it is and I know you got it, but because you so much desire and believe in it, you can not accept any other alternative, but the way of riches.

I am not standing in your way, you can keep pursuing it.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 4:56pm On Sep 25, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The most important thing is that all of us have not seen in Truth any rich one whom we would in our fairest and truest opinion, hold that such a person should qualify for that place.

That is how "hardly" it is and I know you got it, but because you so much desire and believe in it, you can not accept any other alternative, but the way of riches.

I am not standing in your way, you can keep pursuing it.
I so much desire and do not believe in it. I only believe in God who is the ultimate provider. My point is that, being rich doesn't stop u 4rm having eternal life. The Bible stated it clearly that He(Jesus) became poor that we might be rich.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Dtruthspeaker: 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2021
Truvelisback:
The Bible stated it clearly that He(Jesus) became poor that we might be rich.

Rich in what is the question?

I surely do hope you know The Correct And Accurate Answer.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by orunto27: 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2021
Yes. You are right.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by nonhuman(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2021
The truth us that to leave a perfect Christian life, you need to live in a Muslim country, I am not a Muslim but just being realistic, your can't live in a circular society and be a perfect Christian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Why It Will Be Difficult For Many To Enter Into Heaven, Don't Be Deceived / Is There Going To Be a Great Revival Before Jesus Comes ? / Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.