Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,107 members, 7,828,883 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible (11952 Views)

Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year? / Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Hisroyalbadmeat(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
Perfection do not come in this mortality, but in the life to come,read your Scriptures, angry
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by aku626(m): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
It’s not easy going against the tide. However as a true Christian we remain joyous that this is our life now because we are comforted by the glory ahead, by the freedom we have in christ.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by achu442(m): 2:51pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Christianity is hard bros .
Christainity is the simplest and easiest religion.

It's is this... Accept and acknowledge Christ as Lord and Saviour, that He was crucified, died and rose from the dead.

That's all...That's all.
No other thing.
What is hard there?
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Lostchild(m): 3:11pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback

God does not give His grace to canal men
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by efficiencie(m): 3:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
Living a perfect christian life is hard but it's possible. To some, the christian life is easy probably because of their wealth, nice cars, beautiful houses etc. Our human needs too makes christianity hard too. e.g our need 4 money, happy marriage, children, happy home, good job etc.

Hardship, poverty, childlessness, marital delay, broken home etc, make it difficult too for one to live a perfect christian life.

In summary, living a perfect christian life as a human (having a flesh and blood) is really hard but it's possible. It's neither easier 4 the rich but it's more harder 4 the poor. My own point of view.

You ultimately become who or what you spend time with in devotion. If consistently spend time with a fool you will gradually start morphing into a fool. If you spend more time with paupers in devotion to their condition will soon be a pauper...and if you pray to Allah 5 times daily and follow the words of the Quran literally you will soon become a jihadist......but if you spend 5 hours a day worshipping, praising and interceeding before the Father in the name of Jesus as directed by the HolyGhost you will soon be like the trinity! There are only two ingredients to becoming whatever you want. Time and devotion to a standard. When Dr Steven Strange asked "how can I get from here to there" in response to the Sorcerer supreme's display of mastery over the dark arts, the Sorcerer supreme asked: "how did you become a doctor". Steven Strange replied "study and practice, years of it" and the Sorcerer supreme gestured in affirmation. This may be just a movie but those words stuck in my soul...and therein lies the secret of all secrets... study and practice (devotion to science), years of it (time). Combine time with devotion and there is nothing you cannot become.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Peopa4376: 3:37pm On Sep 26, 2021
see below
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by efficiencie(m): 3:41pm On Sep 26, 2021
achu442:

It's is this... Accept and acknowledge Christ as Lord and Saviour, that He was crucified, died and rose from the dead.

That's all...That's all.
No other thing.
What is hard there?

That's not all. Many accept Jesus and later reject him. Accepting Jesus is one thing. Keeping Jesus is another thing entirely. To accept Jesus is simple but keeping Jesus is a battle. Jesus said if you will follow him you must first deny yourself and then take up your cross. Now tell me that is easy. Denying yourself is a war. A war against your very own soul. As if that is not enough. You have to now take up your cross, a symbol of sacrifice and servitude to the will of the Father. That is super hard. Even Jesus prayed to have the cross and the punishment waved...without the grace of God you cannot be a successful Christian. Saying a simple prayer is not enough!

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Lostchild(m): 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback

God does not give His grace to canal men.

I speak in parable
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Lostchild(m): 4:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by careidon: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2021
What do we really mean by perfect here?
Let God be God (perfect) and you be human (understand rebounding = asking forgiveness & grace when needed)

Nuttella:
Its possible not to fall, very very possible. God said be ye holy, for I am holy. Peter also said its Possible that you will never fall.

2 Peter 1:10
[10]Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

How would you interprete 2 Peter 1:4 above 10
"whereby he hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world by lust."

if you refuse to agree with being too literal with vs10. Has anyone truly escaped the corruption that abounds in this world?

The standards puts unnecessary strains not meant.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 4:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
Lostchild:
Truvelisback

I understand ur simple parable but that doesn't mean christianity is an easy Journey. Bible stated it categorically that narrow is the way to eternal life. The word "Narrow" means difficulty, hard.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 4:57pm On Sep 26, 2021
efficiencie:

You ultimately become who or what you spend time with in devotion. If consistently spend time with a fool you will gradually start morphing into a fool. If you spend more time with paupers in devotion to their condition will soon be a pauper...and if you pray to Allah 5 times daily and follow the words of the Quran literally you will soon become a jihadist......but if you spend 5 hours a day worshipping, praising and interceeding before the Father in the name of Jesus as directed by the HolyGhost you will soon be like the trinity! There are only two ingredients to becoming whatever you want. Time and devotion to a standard. When Dr Steven Strange asked "how can I get from here to there" in response to the Sorcerer supreme's display of mastery over the dark arts, the Sorcerer supreme asked: "how did you become a doctor". Steven Strange replied "study and practice, years of it" and the Sorcerer supreme gestured in affirmation. This may be just a movie but those words stuck in my soul...and therein lies the secret of all secrets... study and practice (devotion to science), years of it (time). Combine time with devotion and there is nothing you cannot become.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 5:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
efficiencie:

I agree with ur points but does that make christianity a bed of roses?

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 5:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
SmartPolician:
Truvelisback

I think the biggest challenge of most of us Christians is loving one's enemies. How can one even think of that?
We av 2 categories of enemies. 1. Those who we av misunderstanding with or have malice with. 2. Those who intend to harm u or kill u. This kind of enemies are not the ones Jesus is talking, cause there is no difference btw them and the devil. E.g The Islamic terrorists.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by ofiko123(m): 5:29pm On Sep 26, 2021
Christianity is hard,but may God help us all..
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Cleantip(m): 5:30pm On Sep 26, 2021
It's hard when you are trying to be righteous by your effort or score a point by being cautious of sin.
It becomes easy when you believe in Christ.
Jesus Accepted sin so we could be righteous. Instead of being Sin cautious be righteous cautious. When you accept Jesus, righteousness and salvation is made available as a gift to you.
My point is, not your doings not Your efforts. It's a gift . Ephesians 2:8-9. Know it and no peace!

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 5:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
We av 2 categories of enemies. 1. Those who we av misunderstanding with or have malice with. 2. Those who intend to harm u or kill u. This kind of enemies are not the ones Jesus is talking, cause there is no difference btw them and the devil. E.g The Islamic terrorists.
Interesting lies you tell to decieve people away from following the Truth of Jesus Christ. undecided

Jesus Christ, the one who taught us to love our enemies, submitted Himself to his own enemies who He was very much aware wanted Him dead, doing exactly that which He taught us to do. Yet here you are denying Jesus Christ's own Truth so you can preach your fears instead. undecided

Stephen , among many other apostles written of in the book of Acts, is said to have also submitted to his enemies, this in obedience of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments. Yet here you are quick to deny the acts of these men so you can instead preach lies against God, pretending to be of God yourself ? undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Lostchild(m): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
I understand ur simple parable but that doesn't mean christianity is an easy Journey. Bible stated it categorically that narrow is the way to eternal life. The word "Narrow" means difficulty, hard.

Christianity is more than what you think.

You cannot be that close to the Lord unless He himself made it possible.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Interesting lies you tell to decieve people away from following the Truth of Jesus Christ. undecided

Jesus Christ, the one who taught us to love our enemies, submitted Himself to his own enemies who He was very much aware wanted Him dead, doing exactly that which He taught us to do. Yet here you are denying Jesus Christ's own Truth so you can preach your fears instead. undecided

Stephen , among many other apostles written of in the book of Acts, is said to have also submitted to his enemies, this in obedience of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments. Yet here you are quick to deny the acts of these men so you can instead preach lies against God, pretending to be of God yourself ? undecided
I av heard u. Since u love ur enemies and wants to submit urself to them, go to Borno state and sumbit urself to their bloody terrorists, let them use u as their sacrificial Lamb.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nothingserious: 6:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
Living a perfect christian life is hard but it's possible. To some, the christian life is easy probably because of their wealth, nice cars, beautiful houses etc. Our human needs too makes christianity hard too. e.g our need 4 money, happy marriage, children, happy home, good job etc.

Hardship, poverty, childlessness, marital delay, broken home etc, make it difficult too for one to live a perfect christian life.

In summary, living a perfect christian life as a human (having a flesh and blood) is really hard but it's possible. It's neither easier 4 the rich but it's more harder 4 the poor. My own point of view.

Becoming like Jesus Christ ( Christlikeness) through the exhibition of the 9 fruit of the Holy Spirit is never and will never be easy. That is why Christianity is hard. But the good news is that a Christian is justified not by his/her own struggles and works, but simply by faith in Jesus Christ. That justification and input of the righteousness of Christ to a believer gives a Christian a soft landing.

Other than that, keeping up with all the teachings of Jesus Christ in the gospels is very tough.

When Jesus taught about denying all and following him or endless forgiveness of wrongs or turning of ones cheek for endless slaps and wrongs or forgiveness of ones sworn enemies or selling all of ones prized possessions to follow him or cutting off anything that could pull one to hell etc are hard doctrines for anyone to keep up with. But then, the Holy Spirit serves as the guide and helper for the believer to make it.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
I av heard u. Since u love ur enemies and wants to submit urself to them, go to Borno state and sumbit urself to their bloody terrorists, let them use u as their sacrificial Lamb.
Please stop deceiving yourself in the name of God. undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 6:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nothingserious:

Becoming like Jesus Christ ( Christlikeness) through the exhibition of the 9 fruit of the Holy Spirit is never and will never be easy. That is why Christianity is hard. But the good news is that a Christian is justified not by his/her own struggles and works, but simply by faith in Jesus Christ. That justification and input of the righteousness of Christ to a believer gives a Christian a soft landing.

Other than that, keeping up with all the teachings of Jesus Christ in the gospels is very tough.

When Jesus taught about denying all and following him or endless forgiveness of wrongs or selling all of ones prized possessions to follow him or cutting off anything that could pull one to hell etc are hard doctrines for anyone to keep up with. But then, the Holy Spirit serves as the guide and helper for the believer to make it.
U just got my point. That was what i was trying to explain to them. Job in the Bible is a perfect example of what i am saying.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nothingserious:
When Jesus taught about denying all and following him or endless forgiveness of wrongs or turning of ones cheek for endless slaps and wrongs or forgiveness of ones sworn enemies or selling all of ones prized possessions to follow him or cutting off anything that could pull one to hell etc are hard doctrines for anyone to keep up with. But then, the Holy Spirit serves as the guide and helper for the believer to make it.
The Spirit of God is only given as guide to those who have become perfect/Holy through continual submission to and obedience of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments. - John 8 vs 31 - 44 undecided

No one who still struggles to obey God can have have Spirit of God living inside of Him this because God is Holy and His Spirit can only abide in that which is Holy and acceptable to God. undecided

So, if living a perfect Christian life in submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ remains hard, then what that means is the one is yet to know the Truth and had yet to be set free from slavery to sin by the Truth.... meaning the Spirit of God is not involved in that life yet. undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 6:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
Lostchild:

Christianity is more than what you think.

You cannot be that close to the Lord unless He himself made it possible.
Meaning what? U are the one to first be close to the Lord b4 He will be close to u.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ammishaddai: 6:28pm On Sep 26, 2021
[s]
achu442:

That's all...That's all.
No other thing.
What is hard there?
[/s] You don't have a clue
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nothingserious: 6:29pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The Spirit of God is only given as guide to those who have become perfect/Holy through continual submission to and obedience of Jesus Christ's teachings and commandments. - John 8 vs 31 - 44 undecided

No one who still struggles to obey God can have have Spirit of God living inside of Him this because God is Holy and His Spirit can only abide in that which is Holy and acceptable to God. undecided

So, if living a perfect Christian life in submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ remains hard, then what that means is the one is yet to know the Truth and had yet to be set free from slavery to sin by the Truth.... meaning the Spirit of God is not involved in that life yet. undecided

Lol!

Please read the book of Romans and follow Paul’s teachings closely. Check his teachings on justification. It is hypocritical for a believer to claim all is rosy in the Christian race when we know it is not. The Holy Spirit provides guidance for the believer but we still face several tests that try our faith severely. I cannot claim the tests that come my way are very easy just to make myself feel good as not to be thought of as a weak Christian.

Jesus faced challenges, his disciples faced theirs, pastors face theirs, every believer will at one time or another.

Anyone who says the Christian race is easy is not telling the whole truth.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nothingserious:
Lol!

Please read the book of Romans and follow Paul’s teachings closely. Check his teachings on justification. It is hypocritical for a believer to claim all is rosy in the Christian race when we know it is not. The Holy Spirit provides guidance for the believer but we still face several tests that try our faith severely. I cannot claim the tests that come my way are very easy just to make myself feel good as not to be thought of as a weak Christian.

Jesus faced challenges, his disciples faced theirs, pastors face theirs, every believer will at one time or another.

Anyone who says the Christian race is easy is not telling the whole truth.
Paul never told you that the Spirit of God lived inside of those who were still struggling with sin. undecided

Anyways, Jesus Christ, the one who promised the Holy Spirit, made it very clear that only those who are set free from bondage to sin by their submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, are made Sons of God, and it is these Sons of God, free from bondage to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 44, that the Father is able to live inside of - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

If you feel Jesus Christ lied in His teachings, then I wonder why you even bother claiming to believe in Him. undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nothingserious: 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Paul never told you that the Spirit of God lived inside of those who were still struggling with sin. undecided

Anyways, Jesus Christ, the one who promised the Holy Spirit, made it very clear that only those who are set free from bondage to sin by their submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, are made Sons of God, and it is these Sons of God, free from bondage to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 44, that the Father is able to live inside of - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

If you feel Jesus Christ lied in His teachings, then I wonder why you even bother claiming to believe in Him. undecided

None of what you said there indicated the Christian life is easy. Are you talking about the Apostle Paul who wrote this below?
Please stop spreading emotional gospels that make new unbelievers fall off with surprises after repentance.

The Christian life is tough if you want to follow it in the pattern of Jesus Christ. If not for the Holy Spirit help, none of us can measure up to the standards.

“THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:1‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

“But I discern in my bodily members [in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh] a different law (rule of action) at war against the law of my mind (my reason) and making me a prisoner to the law of sin that dwells in my bodily organs [in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh]. O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am! Who will release and deliver me from [the shackles of] this body of death? O thank God! [He will!] through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) our Lord! So then indeed I, of myself with the mind and heart, serve the Law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:23-25‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

“Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go into the kingdom of heaven. When the disciples heard this, they were utterly puzzled (astonished, bewildered), saying, Who then can be saved [from eternal death]?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19:24-26
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2021
Hisroyalbadmeat:
Perfection do not come in this mortality, but in the life to come,read your Scriptures, angry
How do u go to the life to come without being perfect? The Bible said nothing unclean will enter there.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nothingserious:

None of what you said there indicated the Christian life is easy. Are you talking about the Apostle Paul who wrote this below?
Please stop spreading emotional gospels that make new unbelievers fall off with surprises after repentance.

The Christian life is tough if you want to follow it in the pattern of Jesus Christ. If not for the Holy Spirit help, none of us can measure up to the standards.

“THEREFORE, SINCE we are justified (acquitted, declared righteous, and given a right standing with God) through faith, let us [grasp the fact that we] have [the peace of reconciliation to hold and to enjoy] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:1‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

“But I discern in my bodily members [in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh] a different law (rule of action) at war against the law of my mind (my reason) and making me a prisoner to the law of sin that dwells in my bodily organs [in the sensitive appetites and wills of the flesh]. O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am! Who will release and deliver me from [the shackles of] this body of death? O thank God! [He will!] through Jesus Christ (the Anointed One) our Lord! So then indeed I, of myself with the mind and heart, serve the Law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:23-25‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

“Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to go into the kingdom of heaven. When the disciples heard this, they were utterly puzzled (astonished, bewildered), saying, Who then can be saved [from eternal death]?”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭19:24-26
Are you certain that your response here is meant for my previous comment? undecided

Again...Paul never told you that the Spirit of God lived inside of those who were still struggling with sin. undecided

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Sep 26, 2021
Hisroyalbadmeat:
It does... only those who have gained freedom from sin can become Sons of God, Holy vessels for the Holy Spirit, who can't reside in filthy vessels, to dwell in. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

God's Creation: Hyenas Eat Pregnant Zebra Alive. Graphic. / Do You Subscribe To The Doctrine Of Trinity? If "Yes", Take This Challenge! / See Why It Will Be Difficult For Many To Enter Into Heaven, Don't Be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.