Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible (11937 Views)

Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year? / Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 7:08pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ayo081:

Both, the rich is yet to donate majority of his riches to charity and then follow Christ.

Jesus commanded that.

How will you have 10m in your account while so many are Hungary.

Biggest fear of the rich is not death, but going broke while alive.
What is the biggest fear of the poor? Isn't poverty?
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
aku626:
It’s not easy going against the tide. However as a true Christian we remain joyous that this is our life now because we are comforted by the glory ahead, by the freedom we have in christ.
True.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 7:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
achu442:

Christainity is the simplest and easiest religion.

It's is this... Accept and acknowledge Christ as Lord and Saviour, that He was crucified, died and rose from the dead.

That's all...That's all.
No other thing.
What is hard there?
Lol, what's hard there? Bro, that's not all. There is more to christianity. I think u should read page1 of the thread again.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ayo081:
Both, the rich is yet to donate majority of his riches to charity and then follow Christ.
Jesus commanded that.
How will you have 10m in your account while so many are Hungary.
Biggest fear of the rich is not death, but going broke while alive.
Jesus Christ didn't ask anyone to donate most of their riches to charity. He instead said anyone who wants to become His disciple , having a part in Heaven, must sell everything and give it all away to the poor- this commandment is for both rich and poor alike - Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 and Matthew 19 vs 16 - 30. Also note, Jesus Christ did not ask them to give to any organization but to the poor. undecided

Another thing to note is that Jesus Christ promised that those who abandon everything for His sake shall reap so much more than they left, here on earth,in addition to eternal life - Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30 undecided

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2021
Cleantip:
It's hard when you are trying to be righteous by your effort or score a point by being cautious of sin.
It becomes easy when you believe in Christ.
Jesus Accepted sin so we could be righteous. Instead of being Sin cautious be righteous cautious. When you accept Jesus, righteousness and salvation is made available as a gift to you.
My point is, not your doings not Your efforts. It's a gift . Ephesians 2:8-9. Know it and no peace!
I agree that it's a gift(grace) but that doesn't give us the license to live in sin or ugodly life. The bible says: You cannot continue in sin and pray that grace should abound. In salvation, we also av our part to play. The Bible says: workout ur salvation with fear and tremble.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Ayo081(m): 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ didn't ask anyone to donate most of their riches to charity. He instead said anyone who wants to become His disciple , having a part in Heaven, must sell everything and give it all away to the poor- this commandment is for both rich and poor alike - Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 and Matthew 19 vs 16 - 30. Also note, Jesus Christ did not ask them to give to any organization but to the poor. undecided

Another thing to note is that Jesus Christ promised that those who abandon everything for His sake shall reap so much more than they left, here on earth,in addition to eternal life - Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30 undecided

Noted.

Who then is a typical disciple today undecided

May His Grace be multiplied to us.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:

How many of ur properties av u sold and given to the poor? Or are u not Jesus disciple too?

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 7:39pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ayo081:

Noted.
Who then is a typical disciple today undecided
May His Grace be multiplied to us.
Jesus Christ Himself made it clear that those who are His disciples or followers are those who live in continual submission to and obedience of His commandments. undecided
Anyone can call themselves a Christian but only those who live in submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ can bear the fruits of obedience which are of Jesus Christ. undecided

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
How many of ur properties av u sold and given to the poor? Or are u not Jesus disciple too?
I abandoned everything I owned in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ back to November 2018. undecided

He helped me in making that decision and I am glad I did it in order to buy the treasure that is Heaven. undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2021
careidon:
What do we really mean by perfect here?
Let God be God (perfect) and you be human (understand rebounding = asking forgiveness & grace when needed)

How would you interprete 2 Peter 1:4 above 10
"whereby he hath granted unto us his precious and exceeding great promises; that through these ye may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world by lust."

if you refuse to agree with being too literal with vs10. Has anyone truly escaped the corruption that abounds in this world?

The standards puts unnecessary strains not meant.
That is why apostle paul said "I die everyday. Everyday we put our body under subjection.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 8:09pm On Sep 26, 2021
careidon:
1.What do we really mean by perfect here?
Let God be God (perfect) and you be human (understand rebounding = asking forgiveness & grace when needed)
The standards puts unnecessary strains not meant.
Where God's Kingdom is concerned, perfection/Holiness is not a choice since no unholy/imperfect person who will ever enter into Heaven. undecided

Jesus Christ said, "Be ye Holy/Perfect even as my Father in Heaven is Holy"... so if anyone who does not strive for Holiness, which is gained only through continual submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, wastes His times and life here on earth pretending to be of Him. undecided

Worse, those who claim to be of Jesus Christ yet refusing to submit to and obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ doom themselves to an eternity in damnation. undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nothingserious: 8:22pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Are you certain that your response here is meant for my previous comment? undecided

Again...Paul never told you that the Spirit of God lived inside of those who were still struggling with sin. undecided

Anyways, Jesus Christ, the one who promised the Holy Spirit, made it very clear that only those who are set free from bondage to sin by their submission to and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, the Truth of God, are made Sons of God, and it is these Sons of God, free from bondage to sin - John 8 vs 31 - 44, that the Father is able to live inside of - John 14 vs 15 - 25 undecided

If you feel Jesus Christ lied in His teachings, then I wonder why you even bother claiming to believe in Him. undecided

Yes, it does.
I am telling you that a Christian can and does still struggle against sin. It is a daily affair.
Anyone who tells you he/she doesn’t isn’t being sincere. Question is on how one deals with it.
And pls don’t talk about the spirit of God. Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ has the spirit of God in them. So a struggling Christian like Paul stated there also has the spirit of God in them. How do we gain victory then? Paul answered in subsequent chapters in Romans.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 8:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nothingserious:

Yes, it does.
I am telling you that a Christian can and does still struggle against sin. It is a daily affair.
Anyone who tells you he/she doesn’t isn’t being sincere. Question is on how one deals with it.
And pls don’t talk about the spirit of God. Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ has the spirit of God in them. So a struggling Christian like Paul stated there also has the spirit of God in them. How do we gain victory then? Paul answered in subsequent chapters in Romans.
So, Jesus Christ is a liar is what you are in fact saying.. since what He said even in John 8 vs 31 - 44 is complete opposite of what you claim here, and this because of what you claim Paul said? undecided

Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ has the Spirit of God? Again, you condemn Jesus Christ as a liar since what He said, even in John 14 vs 15 - 25, and repeated over and over in John 15 and 16, are complete opposite of what you claim here. undecided

You can't have it both ways.... either you believe that Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, as He indeed claims, or He is a liar and your claim to believe in Him is nothing but a sham. undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nothingserious: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So, Jesus Christ is a liar is what you are in fact saying.. since what He said even in John 8 vs 31 - 44 is complete opposite of what you claim here, and this because of what you claim Paul said? undecided

Everyone who believes in Jesus Christ has the Spirit of God? Again, you condemn Jesus Christ as a liar since what He said, even in John 14 vs 15 - 25, and repeated over and over in John 15 and 16, are complete opposite of what you claim here. undecided

You can't have it both ways.... either you believe that Jesus Christ is the Truth of God, as He indeed claims, or He is a liar and your claim to believe in Him is nothing but a sham. undecided

You haven’t made any point from the Bible to say the Christian life isn’t hard. Did you see where Peter asked Jesus how ANYONE could be saved if it was that tough?

Did you see the Biblical reference Paul talked about his struggles as a believer?

So what did Jesus say that points to you that the Christian race is easy?

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I abandoned everything I owned in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ back to November 2018. undecided

He helped me in making that decision and I am glad I did it in order to buy the treasure that is Heaven. undecided
Lol, What are the things u owned that u abandoned?

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
Lol, What are the things u owned that u abandoned?
Everything I owned. undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 8:35pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nothingserious:

You haven’t made any point from the Bible to say the Christian life isn’t hard. Did you see where Peter asked Jesus how ANYONE could be saved if it was that tough?

Did you see the Biblical reference Paul talked about his struggles as a believer?

So what did Jesus say that points to you that the Christian race is easy?
The point is you believe Jesus Christ a liar.... whatever He says means nothing to you, so I wonder what your claim to be of Him even is about. undecided

Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who do as He says and commands. If you don't even believe what He says and reject what He commands, what is there to do but wonder why you blatantly reject Him yet claim to believe Him? undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 8:49pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Everything I owned. undecided
Lol, U av misconception abt the scripture. The Bible doesn't tell us to sell everything that we owned otherwise wouldn't av gotten a phone too to comment. That instruction was only given to that rich man because he wanted to be Jesus disciple i.e following Jesus whereever he goes or preach the Gospel. Jesus wanted him to be his full time disciple(full time ministry) Apart from that rich man, none of Jesus other disciples where told to do so.
2. Abadoning everything doesn't mean God doesn't want us to be wealthy or live a wealthy life.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nothingserious: 8:54pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The point is you believe Jesus Christ a liar.... whatever He says means nothing to you, so I wonder what your claim to be of Him even is about. undecided

Jesus Christ said those who love Him are those who do as He says and commands. If you don't even believe what He says and reject what He commands, what is there to do but wonder why you blatantly reject Him yet claim to believe Him? undecided

Lol!

You are sounding like a false teacher. I didn’t see anywhere in the Bible Jesus said the Christian race was simple and easy. You want to twist the Bible to suit your narrative?

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
1. Lol, U av misconception abt the scripture. The Bible doesn't tell us to sell everything that we owned otherwise would av gotten a phone too to comment. That instruction was only given to that rich man because he wanted to be Jesus disciple i.e following Jesus whereever he goes or preach the Gospel. Jesus wanted him to be his full time disciple(full time ministry) Apart from that rich man, none of Jesus other disciples where told to do so.
2. Abadoning everything doesn't mean God doesn't want us to be wealthy or live a wealthy life.
1. Your reasoning as expected remains eejit-level where it has to do with the Word of God. undecided

I told you I abandoned everything just as Jesus Christ commanded, this back in November of 2018, and you come back to tell me that I can't then have a phone in 2021? Your fear of losing everything is indeed palpable. undecided

2. Jesus Christ made it clear to His followers that everyone that abandons everything for His sake will reap so many times more than they abandoned here in this life along with eternal life - Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30 - this promise is for only those who abandon everything in obedience of His commandments - Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 . undecided

Those who loose their lives will save it whereas those who refuse will loose! So, if you think by holding onto your precious property and life, refusing to so as Jesus Christ has commanded, you can still read of the rewards that is He, you must be the greatest joker of them all. undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by EvangelistChuks(m): 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
With man it is impossible but not with God.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nothingserious:

Lol!
You are sounding like a false teacher. I didn’t see anywhere in the Bible Jesus said the Christian race was simple and easy. You want to twist the Bible to suit your narrative?
Again...The point is you believe Jesus Christ a liar.... whatever He says means nothing to you, so I wonder what your claim to be of Him even is about. undecided

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by sojiadebayo: 9:15pm On Sep 26, 2021
Death as we viewed it, is quite differ from the way God view it. "Pleasent in the eyes of God is the death of SAINTS" irrespective of age. I strongly believe it's far better to die in the Lord at any age, than to live long and still die in sin
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 9:18pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Your reasoning as expected remains eejit-level where it has to do with the Word of God. undecided

I told you I abandoned everything just as Jesus Christ commanded, this back in November of 2018, and you come back to tell me that I can't then have a phone in 2021? Your fear of losing everything is indeed palpable. undecided

2. Jesus Christ made it clear to His followers that everyone that abandons everything for His sake will reap so many times more than they abandoned here in this life along with eternal life - Matthew 19 vs 28 - 30 - this promise is for only those who abandon everything in obedience of His commandments - Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 . undecided

Those who loose their lives will save it whereas those who refuse will loose! So, if you think by holding onto your precious property and life, refusing to so as Jesus Christ has commanded, you can still read of the rewards that is He, you must be the greatest joker of them all. undecided
So, what do u mean by u abadoned everything? What Did u abadon? Note: Jesus disciples left their homes, jobs, wives, children 4 the Gospel sake. E.g Peter. Did u do the same?

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 9:20pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
So, what do u mean by u abadoned everything? What Did u abadon? Note: Jesus disciples left their homes, jobs, wives, children 4 the Gospel sake. E.g Peter. Did u do the same?
Does everything mean some things? undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by sojiadebayo: 9:21pm On Sep 26, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Yes. Especially the part of persecution . I once saw a very disturbing video of Christians in Afghanistan being blindfolded and shot in the head because they refusing converting to Islam. When I saw this , I was just shocked and something compelled me to think deeply about this whole business of christianity and its challenges in the midst of things like death

Death as we viewed it, is quite differ from the way God view it. "Pleasent in the eyes of God is the death of SAINTS" irrespective of age. I strongly believe it's far better to die in the Lord at any age, than to live long and still die in sin [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2021
sojiadebayo:
Death as we viewed it, is quite differ from the way God view it. "Pleasent in the eyes of God is the death of SAINTS" irrespective of age. I strongly believe it's far better to die in the Lord at any age, than to live long and still die in sin
What does it mean to die in the Lord? undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 9:27pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Does everything mean some things? undecided
I asked because u said u abandoned everything u owned 4 the Gospel. Note: The disciples did all these because of God's call upon their lives.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 9:32pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
I asked because u said u abandoned everything u owned 4 the Gospel. Note: They the disciples did all these because of God's call upon their lives.
If you don't understand what you read, ask and accept my answer as my truth in this since you obviously don't believe Jesus Christ and what He teaches. undecided

Everyone who wants to enter into Heaven will do the exact same thing Jesus Christ told the disciples to do. That is why Jesus Christ also told the rich young man in Matthew 19 vs 16 - 30 to do the same. That is why even Mary, Lazarus's sister, also did the same thing. Jesus Christ made it teaching of His clear even in parables- Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 - that to obtain the treaure that is Heaven, you have to sell all you have to purchase it. undecided

And this is just one of a couple of commandments to obey in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ - enter the Kingdom of God through the narrow gate which leads to true life or Heaven. undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Truvelisback(m): 10:21pm On Sep 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If you don't understand what you read, ask and accept my answer as my truth in this since you obviously don't believe Jesus Christ and what He teaches. undecided

Everyone who wants to enter into Heaven will do the exact same thing Jesus Christ told the disciples to do. That is why Jesus Christ also told the rich young man in Matthew 19 vs 16 - 30 to do the same. That is why even Mary, Lazarus's sister, also did the same thing. Jesus Christ made it teaching of His clear even in parables- Matthew 13 vs 44 - 46 - that to obtain the treaure that is Heaven, you have to sell all you have to purchase it. undecided

And this is just one of a couple of commandments to obey in order to become worthy of Jesus Christ - enter the Kingdom of God through the narrow gate which leads to true life or Heaven. undecided
That parable in Matthew13:44-46 is an idiomatic expression. It doesn't mean that u av sell all u av to obtain the treasure in heaven otherwise the death of Jesus Christ has no effect or it's useless. Rather, Jesus used that parable to emphasize the importance of heaven or having eternal life.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
That parable in Matthew13:44-46 is an idiomatic expression. It doesn't mean that u av sell all u av to obtain the treasure in heaven otherwise the death of Jesus Christ has no effect or it's useless. Rather, Jesus used that parable to emphasize the importance of heaven or having eternal life.
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin cheesy

So, if it is an "idiomatic expression" then why did his disciples and all other followers, including those told of in the book of Acts, do that which is suggested in that parable... sell everything they have, and give it all away, in order to obtain the treasure that is Heaven? undecided

23 And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, only with difficulty will a rich person enter the kingdom of heaven.
24 Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”
25 When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?” 26 But Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” - Matthew 19 vs 23 - 26
In the passage above, Jesus Christ also confirmed that His instructions to the Rich young man were indeed in order that He might gain access to God's Kingdom by doing as He said. undecided

Another instead which this is teaching is referenced is where Judas derided Mary for not selling the perfume she came to Jesus Christ with and giving the proceeds to the poor. There Judas confirmed that that teaching and commandments was indeed not just for the 12 but for everyone who would become a follower of Jesus Christ. undecided

So why do you continue to choose denial of that which has been given to mankind for over 2000 years now? undecided
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nothingserious: 5:24am On Sep 27, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again...The point is you believe Jesus Christ a liar.... whatever He says means nothing to you, so I wonder what your claim to be of Him even is about. undecided

“For among them are those who worm their way into homes and captivate silly and weak-natured and spiritually dwarfed women, loaded down with [the burden of their] sins [and easily] swayed and led away by various evil desires and seductive impulses. Now just as Jannes and Jambres were hostile to and resisted Moses, so these men also are hostile to and oppose the Truth. They have depraved and distorted minds, and are reprobate and counterfeit and to be rejected as far as the faith is concerned. [Exod. 7:11.] But they will not get very far, for their rash folly will become obvious to everybody, as was that of those [magicians mentioned].”
‭‭2 Timothy‬ ‭3:6, 8-9‬ ‭AMPC‬‬

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m / Holy Order / What Does It Mean To Carry Bunch Of Plantain In The Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.