Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) (5702 Views)

The Nigerian ''common Man'' Is As Corrupt As His Leader - See Photo Evidence / Obasanjo Is Not As Corrupt As Abacha- Oby Ezekwesili / The Masses Are The Cause Of The Problems In Nigeria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by jpphilips(m): 7:12pm On May 26, 2011
Should we really be complaining about corruption, i think we lost that right after the polls have we forgotten
PDP=22.5m votes  grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by 1025: 7:24pm On May 26, 2011
It is the other way round - that is why it is called leadership. Corrupt leaders, beget corrupt nation.

@Kotuji,
you get sense jare.
if as followers, we do not do like our leaders, then our brains need surgery.
we are good followers that is why we are like our leaders.
it is always said, like father like son and not like son, like father.
Jesus Christ made it open that leaders must lead by example.
the word is lead and the second one is follow.
we are wonderful learners and that is why we take after our leaders.
have u seen how members of Christ Embassy arrange their hair? did u see Rev Kings church members and how they let their bears grow?
aso rock our head quarter is is full of corruption so we are all following suits and that make us good learners.
instead of saying nigerians and their leaders, is better we say nigeria is Corruption and corruption is nigeria
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by boyt1: 7:50pm On May 26, 2011
We Nigerians are corrupt generally,as a Nation. I laugh when people complain on this Forum about Politicians and some even say that they are not proud to be a Nigerian. Story. The point is, we the masses encourage the Leaders to be Corrupt.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by vislabraye(m): 8:04pm On May 26, 2011
The masses imitate it from the leaders. Its what we see every day. Some one steals 85bilion and goes to jail for one year. When he comes out he gives a thanx giving. The truth is that, the law is very weak. When the citizens see how people are having a field day in corruption and don't get caught, he becomes encouraged.

IBB, Authur Nzeribe to mention but a few were those who lived eat and drink corruption.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by JimmyBoy1: 8:55pm On May 26, 2011
The story seems to be an over-simplification of the corruption syndrome. The leaders created the attitude of impunity that reflects in the story. In a country where civil servants are not paid for 3 months at times, do you expect this people to fold their arms and watch their children starve to death, so once this happens regurlay people begin to have justifications for corrupt act and that is why curroption is so endemic among the masses. But curroption among leaders is another story altogether.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Bensonite: 10:45pm On May 26, 2011
As far back as 1972, a friend of mine's father left the police for no other reason but that the police is seriously corrupt. I wonder what he would have done now. The truth is Nigerians encourage corruption- Law makers are given money in the name of constituency project, 5million naira furniture, 40+ million quarterly allowance, etc we don t see anything wrong with that. When you travel out of the country and introduce yourself as Nigerian the first question you are asked is why are Nigerians corrupt!
I think we are the most corrupt country on earth but they keep cheating us on our position by given to other countries meaning the world is corrupt too.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by jmaine: 11:10pm On May 26, 2011
Bawss1:

Very wrong. For Nigeria to change for the better, it has to start from its most basic unit - the individuals. And from there, the families then to the society at large. Waiting for change from Aso Rock is just another convenient way of shying away from the hardwork and responsibility required in bringing about positive change.  

Thank you bro . . . This is just it . . .people said it is the leaders . . but they failed to understand the leaders ====> you and i + opportunity to lead . .The leaders are not spirits, are they not Nigerians like us undecided . . An average Nigerian is just bidding his time to have a shot at the national cake  wink . .
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by xterra2(m): 11:44pm On May 26, 2011
I agree with this article, the Masses are the future leaders even the youths are bad, our future leaders
Making things worse,

I wonder this country Nigeria too many problems
and few good, honest people
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by okemmadu(m): 12:33am On May 27, 2011
I love this thread and i have learnt 1 or 2 things from ur contributions. I must say that it's unfortunate that the current president has no plans to stop corruption. During the debates when he was asked how he would fight corruption, i was disappointed by the answer he gave. he said he will give the EFCC free hands to prosecute corruption. If nothing serious is done corruption will continue to thrive in Nigeria for the next 4 years.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by AjanleKoko: 1:01am On May 27, 2011
It's wrong to say the masses are corrupt.
All they're doing is trying to survive. The so-called leaders created a jungle mentality, a dog eat dog ecosystem, grabbing all they could and leaving nothing for anyone else. The people are just responding to the environment with their instincts. Period.

If there is (for any reason), someone who comes to power and somehow manages to shake up the existing order, people will respond. Just like Lagosians responded to basic traffic laws like keeping their seat belts on, driving on the right side of the road, stopping at traffic lights, obeying road signs, and staying off their cellphones while driving. These basic traffic rules are obeyed in districts like VI and Lagos Island, Ikeja, Surulere, etc., where there are road signs and functional traffic lights plus officials to enforce the rules. In other places like Iju, Akute, Agege, and so on, there are not too many of these enforcements, and people generally drive based on instinct in these locations.

Over the years Nigerians have learned. They've learned that the police are maybe worse than armed robbers, so they don't have much to fear from them by way of law enforcement. They now know the tax man is only going to embezzle the tax, so they don't care to pay. They also know that if they go ahead and set up squatter settlements, nothing is going to happen since the rulers are only interested in VI, Ikoyi, and Lekki, so they do their own land grab in Agege. They poo, throw trash, pee, and do just about anything on the main road, since they have figured out over the years that nobody is going to do anything anyway. Who is going to sit still and obey silly laws while the lawmakers sit in Abuja and share billions with impunity. Come on now.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by kabukabu50(m): 2:34am On May 27, 2011
AjanleKoko:

All they're doing is trying to survive. The so-called leaders created a jungle mentality, a dog eat dog ecosystem, grabbing all they could and leaving nothing for anyone else. The people are just responding to the environment with their instincts. Period.

If there is (for any reason), someone who comes to power and somehow manages to shake up the existing order, people will respond. Just like Lagosians responded to basic traffic laws like keeping their seat belts on, driving on the right side of the road, stopping at traffic lights, obeying road signs, and staying off their cellphones while driving. These basic traffic rules are obeyed in districts like VI and Lagos Island, Ikeja, Surulere, etc., where there are road signs and functional traffic lights plus officials to enforce the rules. In other places like Iju, Akute, Agege, and so on, there are not too many of these enforcements, and people generally drive based on instinct in these locations.

Over the years Nigerians have learned. They've learned that the police are maybe worse than armed robbers, so they don't have much to fear from them by way of law enforcement. They now know the tax man is only going to embezzle the tax, so they don't care to pay. They also know that if they go ahead and set up squatter settlements, nothing is going to happen since the rulers are only interested in VI, Ikoyi, and Lekki, so they do their own land grab in Agege. They poo, throw trash, pee, and do just about anything on the main road, since they have figured out over the years that nobody is going to do anything anyway. Who is going to sit still and obey silly laws while the lawmakers sit in Abuja and share billions with impunity. Come on now.

Exactly brah grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Thirst4Lif: 7:54am On May 27, 2011
Better believe that if their leaders slack off in the USA it will only be a couple of decades of such before the country is indistinguishable from today's Nigeria.

The citizens of the USA would never allow this to happen. The difference in the USA and Nigeria is

the USA's population demands to be heard and it's leaders are made to be held accountable, so the

US would never go back to ways of the Old West or any other totally corrupt era in it's history. NEVER!
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by ashdre: 8:00am On May 27, 2011
Corruption that is what 9ja stands for
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Jiah011(f): 10:40am On May 27, 2011
The simplest form of government is self governance. The individual makes up the fabric of society. Politicians can be bad, but the masses should be the ones to protest and bring forth better leadership. However, everyday in the streets, market places, churches, and places where people meet, individuals have the choice of how to behave. Whether to act justly or to serve themselves first. No society is perfect, but some are better than others. In Nigeria, corruption seems to be a way of life, no matter where your are in the social hierarchy (politics aside) and this needs to change. The love of money is the root of all evil--Nigeria, case and point.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by cashful(m): 10:48am On May 27, 2011
Yes O, the masses are as corrupt as the politicians, they the politicians where selected/elected from the masses and already possessed corrupt tendencies before getting there.

vislabraye:

The masses imitate it from the leaders. Its what we see every day. Some one steals 85bilion and goes to jail for one year. When he comes out he gives a thanks giving.  The truth is that, the law is very weak.  When the citizens see how people are having a field day in corruption and don't get caught, he becomes encouraged.

I strongly agree with you, the remnant of the 85 billion (after settlement) he/she will now use to "SHOW"- THIS IS ME, UNA WON TRY"

I also believe that it is the large show-off of the ill gotten wealth that encourages others to want to acquire their own loot, after all after settlement, he/she will have something to show.

WHO WILL BAIL WHO OUT?
This a big debate, but from the look of things for our own society the Leadership should start the process, cos the less we hear of corrupt leaders and the ones who are caught are dealt with appropriately, the masses will know that there is a change; that things are not as usual again.

the masses imitate their leaders
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Rossikk(m): 11:30am On May 27, 2011
Bensonite said

When you travel out of the country and introduce yourself as Nigerian the first question you are asked is why are Nigerians corrupt!

That's a lie.

I think we are the most corrupt country on earth

No we are not. And please stop typing lies and garbage.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:20pm On May 27, 2011
Nigeria may not be the most corrupt Nation on Earth,
but it is one place where corruption is celebrated!!!

Remember 'Bode George?

After a brief stint in the slammer, he's given a hero's welcome!

Ade Bendel's praise was sung by Musicians,

Thief na "Fast guy", 419er na "Sharp man" Political thug na "Foot Soldier"!

No one bats an eyelid about how peeps get rich, they only want
a "piece of the action"

No hope for the generations of today,

Teach the babies what's right, maybe we'll stand a chance! cry
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Bensonite: 12:26pm On May 27, 2011
Rossikk:

Bensonite said

That's a lie.

No we are not. And please stop typing lies and garbage.
My friend you must be one of the corrupt persons we are talking about. If you dont have such experience simply say so- not to call me lier. I have been on several outing(training) oversea and the question is recurrent.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by PBundles(m): 12:28pm On May 27, 2011
I must say this is a very interesting topic and I initially hestiated to get in the mix, but I just couldnt resit getting in my own  two cents. In advance apologies, the intention is not to insult anyone my brothers and sisters.

First of all I dont know if we are the most corrupt society, but we dont do a bad job at it. I would agree that its an epidemic and very deep rooted, but its not just a Nigerian thing. Anyone that suggest that the US or Europe is not corrupt has no idea what they are talking about. I have lived approxiamtely 90% of my life ( from childhood) oversseas ( US and EU) and I can tell you that the US is also very corrupt, especially government. You would be surprised at the level of corruption. Type security scam Iraq and see what you get. A company apponited by the state department couldnt account for billions of $. Lets not get into Haliburton etc etc. In the EU same thing, an example is that Greece tampered with their books so as to get into the EU. The Greeks are known for corruption. The success of 419 is based in greed and corruption. Read what som eof them state: I have stole money from a bank, oil company I want to share etc. The recipient has to be of corrupt nature to fall victim. Most victims are overseas.

Secondly corruption/greed is a human trait, more in some than others.

The issue in Nigeria is THERE IS NO ACCOUNTABILITY!!! Human beings must be held accountable for their actions with out pardon. They must also know that they are being watched and if they go against the grain they will face the penalty no matter who you are, your status, monetary, family etc. That is the problem in Nigeria. We know that we can beat accountability either by offering bribe, quoting a name or my surname. Isnt the most famous Nigerian quote when in trouble O boy do you who I am or Do you know that I know so and so etc etc. Or make we talk now which one.

The problem is from the grass rooots. Its starts at elementary school and is all facets of our society. So its not the politicians fault NO WAY. The have all graduated with PHD honors in the school of life taught 9ja style. So when they get to that office they simply carry out what they have learned as good custodians of the art they have learned.

Overseas you will be held accountable when you break the law PERIOD, no mercy. You will have the right to a fair tial but if found guilty away to the gallo you go. Some examples Madoff sentenced to life imprisonement all assets taken. Mrs Ibru forefieght US 1 BN keep all the rest and 18mths prison grin or house arrest, hospital arrest, Ive forgotten. The examples go on. So when a young Nigerian reads this he/she thinks corruption PAYS. Many of the guests on this forum wouldnt  mind a position in the house or senate, would you?? Why is that, cus NO ACCOUNTABILITY![/b]So to some extent I dont even blame Nigerians. Look at it this way, if you dont have traffic lights, who would stop. Even when you do, so even beat the red light.

In Nigeria at the junction [b]Corruption Steet and Greed Avenue, there are no stop lights

So until we create a society that is accountable from the very bottom, in pidgin All dis na talk talk we dey do ooo.

My two cents folks. Later and take care. wink
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by PBundles(m): 12:41pm On May 27, 2011
So but in addition to the what I wrote, just got a light bulb moment cheesy which I wanted to share with you all. Could also be the Rose I had last night still working and its Friday

Look at it this way, even religion ( no matter your affiliation) is based on accountability. I wonder how many christians would strive to follow the narrow path if God has said:

You know what do what you want good or bad enjoy, on judgment day I wont hold it against you. You are welcome to enter the pearly gates no matter what. Can you just picture what would happen.[i][/i] Just a thought on this Friday afternoon.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 27, 2011
Don't blame the people. All humans are inherently capable of commiting evil. We are all given the spiritual choice to decide/pick between good and bad. The blame goes to the society, we have evolved to become a corruption celebrating country because we have all let the evil ones amongst us to thrive, progress and justify their wrongs. The society plays a great role in our mental formation, so if corruption is a culture in your society, you are more likely to see people who are willing to reveal their corrupt nature because it is an acceptable way of life.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 27, 2011
Change has to start from our rulers.

After all who is gonna implement and enforce the rule of the law? the individual?

comprehend?
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by kbdrim(m): 1:44pm On May 27, 2011
A country deserves the leaders they get
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by modele2: 1:51pm On May 27, 2011
Agree, but as was rightly said, the corrupt leaders have beget the corrupt people.

i Remember once in school when my note was seized by a technical assistant. The guy said i had to come to collect it at his house. Tot nothin of it as i knew his wife and kids and lived in a BQ close to them. I got there and infront of his children he told me i had to buy him malt before i got my note. I tried to wangle my way out of it, till he directly told me to bring money. I have never been so ashamed in my life. shame for such a conduct infront of his children who were all under 10 years old and staring at both of us. I debated leaving the note, but remembered all the important things i had there.
I had to leave his house and put money in an envelop as a feeble attempt to cover up the nonsence that was going on for his kids sake.

Its not a curse but those children would definitely be corrupt. Thats the example we see today from our leaders starting from our parents. God help us!!!
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by PBundles(m): 2:19pm On May 27, 2011
modele2:

Agree, but as was rightly said, the corrupt leaders have beget the corrupt people.

i Remember once in school when my note was seized by a technical assistant. The guy said i had to come to collect it at his house. Tot nothin of it as i knew his wife and kids and lived in a BQ close to them. I got there and infront of his children he told me i had to buy him malt before i got my note. I tried to wangle my way out of it, till he directly told me to bring money. I have never been so ashamed in my life. shame for such a conduct infront of his children who were all under 10 years old and staring at both of us. I debated leaving the note, but remembered all the important things i had there.
I had to leave his house and put money in an envelop as a feeble attempt to cover up the nonsence that was going on for his kids sake.

Its not a curse but those children would definitely be corrupt. Thats the example we see today from our leaders starting from our parents. God help us!!!

Which is my point exactly. Now do things like this gone in developed countries of course, maybe not a note book but other things. The main difference, if you report it the TA would be held accountable and would not receive any mercy. In Nigeria where there is no accountability he KNOWS nothing will come of it. Funny thing is if you report, you will even get into more trouble. There will even be some that will tell you to just SETTLE the guy. Most funny, I bet he gave you the rubish sermon that he was TRAINING you wink yeah right. Training my a,
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by N101: 11:38pm On May 27, 2011
Is Nigeria the only country full of poor people? Are Nigerians suffering more than others? Why was it that, although previous generations grew up in poverty, some aren't infected by this corruption?

It has to do with morals, values and ethics. Leaders have to come from somewhere, and sold their souls along the line in order to be corrupted (like going over to the Dark Side in Star Wars). Many of us do the same in small ways, from the danfo conductor, the okada man, the FRSC operative, bank staff, office worker etc. Corruption, in effect, becomes endemic in a society that doesn't function properly. So it is with Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by olaolabiy: 12:56am On May 28, 2011
jmaine:

Thank you bro . . . This is just it . . .people said it is the leaders . . but they failed to understand the leaders ====> you and i + opportunity to lead . .The leaders are not spirits, are they not Nigerians like us undecided . . An average Nigerian is just bidding his time to have a shot at the national cake  wink  . .

You are wrong and you know it.

Just a question:

Why have traffic lights and traffic wardens when human beings should be able to use common sense and know how to ensure orderliness on the ROAD without being told to do so by a warden?

The fact is human beings are inherently corrupt. It is up to constituted authorities to ensure sanity, rule of law and lead by example.

There must be laid-down rules and no one should be allowed to sit on a pedestal.

That way you have a just and egalitarian society.

End of.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Timijo(m): 8:30am On May 28, 2011
As far as am concern about 99% of the citizens are corrupt. there is corruption in home, in school among teachers and students, in the offices, in the markets, religious centers, and many other places where people can be found on earth. Let's check ourselves before we check our leaders. If every one can eradicate corruption in his home, the rate of the menace will decrease drastically.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Reference(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Yes, but what does this have to do with a simple transaction between one man and the other in the village. Do you need SWAT, snipers and all to tell the simple truth. This is a classic chicken and egg situation, who blinks first the masters or the masses. If you staggered from a flaming wreckage what would your priorities be get the fire out or call 911 for assistance?? The solution to pressing problems starts at home if we truly feel it is a critical emergency. Unfortunately most Nigerians will rather play the ostrich because they feel corruption doesn't concern them. Other tacitly approve of it.

Tell me how you feel when a cop stops you and lets the next guy through because he drops a fiver knowing fully well you're in better standing. How do you feel when other jump the queue because they know the cashier at the bank. Tell me what has this got to do with government or we need cops in the banking hall too. What is the legal punishment for queue jumping. These may seem trivial but over the long run they amount to much and they engrain themselves so much in the national psyche taking it to the next level (which is what our elected officials do) seems natural.

Someone mentioned the late Murtala here and I laugh, you only need to have known him, some other day we will mention Abiola, very similar, tomorrow we mention Tinubu and there will be much debate. Have these three not contributed immensely to the common good we think but when it comes to 'real'  standards they all pale into significance and will all be in jail in other societies. That is it, the people's tolerance decides how corruption runs in any congregation whether country, state, village or family unit.

Heaps and heaps of praises have been rained on the Japanese in the aftermath of the devastation for the orderliness of society. Even the Americans we look up to could not believe the looting post Katrina would not happen. Is that a government thing. No. They are incensed at they perceived inept government but as a people have decided to remain civil. We should all decide likewise then selection or election of credible leaders from amongst civil people will become a lot easier.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by Reference(m): 8:55am On May 28, 2011
Sorry to monopolise the thread. I rarely post but I made one a few months ago in the post banking crises and asked this simple question. When Pastor and Madam were giving the banks' fund wings to Dubai and the UK did they act alone. No they will have a chain of support from managers to porters who most now the implication of such acts. How the thing never leaked out remains a mystery to me. Conclusion - collusion, top to bottom. Same thing for Shell Oil and manipulating crude oil export, collusion, Niger-Delta problem, collusion, everything collusion.

When you talk the very masses will run you down. Religion, ethnicity and all sorts of vagrancies will come in. We sometimes behave as if we are not tired of this thing. That is why I repeat, it cannot be a political party thing or a head of state thing but a social thing. If it could succeed we would have burnt Babangida alive and let Buhari have his way but even Babangida had his supporters and Buhari was not entirely squeaky clean either. Jerry Rawlings wasn't squeaky clean either. Ghana did not succeed because of him alone. Ghana succeeded because Ghanians wanted it to and the day they are tired of change they will decide to return to the pit.

I asked the question then and I ask it again. In your office if your boss is corrupt and your salary is the product of corruption will you forgo that job for unemplyment. If you are a petrol attendant and the station owner bribes his was to allocation will you resign. If you work in the bank that has given loans to bankole contrary to CBN's regulation will you squeal. If you work in Julius Berger (hmmm, let me not talk here sef). If you work in Sheel Petroleum believe me you have a lot of questions to answer (God help you). I will not talk of politicians, law enforcement or some lawyers (they know where they are headed) In summary, if you will squeal or quit honestly raise your hand. God is watching oh.
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by olaolabiy: 9:58am On May 28, 2011
^^^Wetin you dey talk ?
Re: Nigerian Masses Are As Corrupt As Nigerian Politicians (evidence) by jmaine: 10:47am On May 28, 2011
ola olabiy:

You are wrong and you know it.

Just a question:

Why have traffic lights and traffic wardens when human beings should be able to use common sense and know how to ensure orderliness on the ROAD without being told to do so by a warden? 

The fact is human beings are inherently corrupt. It is up to constituted authorities to ensure sanity, rule of law and lead by example.

There must be laid-down rules and no one should be allowed to sit on a pedestal.

That way you have a just and egalitarian society.

End of.

You made mention of the traffic lights and traffic wardens situation . . . and your correct when you said humans are inherently corrupt but in the midst of our inbuilt corrupt nature , we need to apply the usual restraint of always trying not to break the law consistently and always not striving to seek new ways to break it thereby making it a constant norm. The leaders establishing Laid down rules and enforcing compliance is good but you are all making the mistake of not recognizing the fact that we the citizens also have a huge role to play in making that laid down rule a huge success by reducing the probability or occurrence of those rules being broken hence making the enforcement process easier, less cumbersome and effective as defaulting people can easily be identified and dealt with . . . In any population, the percentage of the compliance rate of that populace to laid down rules  determines to what extent the success of that enforcement will be sustained . .  Permit me to liken our situation to a fumigator exterminating bugs ( common household ticks) in your house without dealing with the eggs . . . the enforcement success will be short lived after which it explodes again to a whole new level if you don't diagnose the fact and tackle the root cause of the problem which is the quote below posted by Bawss1 : -

For Nigeria to change for the better, it has to start from its most basic unit - the individuals. And from there, the families then to the society at large. Waiting for change from Aso Rock is just another convenient way of shying away from the hardwork and responsibility required in bringing about positive change. 

For Nigeria to be great again, the above quote is a huge necessity hence we will all be deceiving ourselves

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Crisis Amongst Muslims In Jos Over APC And PDP / Now That Wike Has Won.... First Set of Actions / Jamaica is alot better than nigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.