Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885899 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 19, 2012
topeajis:

Is still same thing u must authenticate all photocopy of your document .. U should knw that.. Any officail document u want to make photocopy u must authentcate it by eitherr the school oginal stamp or notary public.. We still sayin same thing..

Hello House, I have not been on this forum for a while. But I think most questions asked so far has been answered in previous pages. You can visit my first post on page 3; I'm very sure most of your answers would be there. Your best source of information concerning your admissons and studying in Germany can be seen on study-in.de or daad.de
You should consult your bank and ask what means you can use to make transfer when you want to pay your fee to Uni Assist, I use money transfer with my euro acct at GTB.
You are not supposed to send photocopies of your transcript. Infact, your transcript is not supposed to be opened and it must be officially sealed before you send it to Uni Assist or your prospective University.
Anyone who has not read or followed this topic from first page should be careful when asking questions so you wont have to drag others at slow pace.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2012
jejet:

Hello House, I have not been on this forum for a while. But I think most questions asked so far has been answered in previous pages. You can visit my first post on page 3; I'm very sure most of your answers would be there. Your best source of information concerning your admissons and studying in Germany can be seen on study-in.de or daad.de
You should consult your bank and ask what means you can use to make transfer when you want to pay your fee to Uni Assist, I use money transfer with my euro acct at GTB.
You are not supposed to send photocopies of your transcript. Infact, your transcript is not supposed to be opened and it must be officially sealed before you send it to Uni Assist or your prospective University.
Anyone who has not read or followed this topic from first page should be careful when asking questions so you wont have to drag others at slow pace.
Nice to have you around again. How is life treating you over there?
I read your post painstakingly (even bookmarked it,lol) but you didn't mention the transcript thing.
Thanks for the confirmation.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 19, 2012
Life has been fair. Thanks to God. You study and you want to integrate into the system, wanna master the language, you work and bla bla bla. As their is always a german way of things(which other europeans here compalin about anyway)
Sorry when I said my first post on page 3, I mean page 8.
Zeddicus:
Nice to have you around again. How is life treating you over there?
I read your post painstakingly (even bookmarked it,lol) but you didn't mention the transcript thing.
Thanks for the confirmation.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: German Embassy And Visa by surecan: 2:50pm On Dec 19, 2012
Adim O.:
Yes,,, I collected my transcript myself(4m my uni"uniJos",,,payed d guy handling it, photocopied it and certified d photocopy @ highcourt in lagos, sent it wit my d oda required docs to Uni-assist, payed d fee(wiretransfer), sent it tru fedex, it got to Germany in 3days, in 2weeks Uni-assist was tru wit it,n sent it to my skool(mine is Masters in International Finance), after oneweek (makin it 3weeks all in all) d uni sent me admission lettere,,,,
Went to d embasyy applied for blocked acct, in 2weeks my acct was opened,,,,

Uni-assist r efficient in my own case

And d German embassy I feel is d best,compared to canadian embassy, their way too straight, get admission,open acct, u get ur visa

I dont talk what i dont know,i have two students friends already in Germany,they did the same as Adim O.It is not bad if you send your original transcript if you have the money
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2012
If you have friends who sent certified photocopies of their transcript and it was accepted; that means its ok. I'm writing my opinion base on my own experience and if others have their own experience too, then it makes the forum a bilibliotech of knowledge. Others can also come and share their sucess stories just like I did on my first post, I think that will be a more certified source of info for everyone.
surecan:

I dont talk what i dont know,i have two students friends already in Germany,they did the same as Adim O.It is not bad if you send your original transcript if you have the money

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by surecan: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2012
All correct @jejet,kudos to you because it seems you are the highest contributor to this thread.One thing i will like for those who are already in Germany is that they should leave this issue of all the questions here has been answered,must Germany thread be a different one from USA,Canada and so on or do you want this thread to close down because of every thing has been treated before.There are a lot of unanswered questions in this thread which i am part of the people who asked the questions.We need to make the thread educative and interesting.It is not only to study in Germany,work part time,learn the language.There are other ideas for you guys over there should be relaying to us,telling us about the prospectus,benefits,in fact good and bad of the country.You made mention about what the people in the European community complained about Germany,at least we need to know it 2,that is the essence of this forum.Let it be an informative network to any thing regarding to study and stay in Germany.I believed that if all this are been taught here,people will be happy and commend you guys like as it in the other threads.Every body is aware of the fact that it is very tight situation to study abroad but that will not prevent some body from visiting here and answer some questions at least once in a while.What of those who have already graduated and integrated into the country,we also need there own experience and advice here.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 6:14pm On Dec 19, 2012
You guys are all sayin same thing the rule is that the orignal should be sent by ur school which s always cost my school collect 20k for a transcpt. And am sendin 4. That 80k whch. Have a way I can pay that but if you nt able to pay for 4 and u are able to get your transcpt you can make photocopy and authenticate it by the issurng university or notirize it. But nt all schools will gve you ur transcpt remember. And you you want to send the photocopy have it mnd that the school will ask for the orgnal when you get to germany. So we all in same track t a two option thng.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
Please with the 3months Visa you'll be given,when does it start counting? Is it immediately you are issued the Visa or when you land in Germany??
Jejet said in his post that he got his Visa in June but he travelled in October.
This will help those of us preparing for the winter semester to plan better.
Thanks.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 8:34pm On Dec 19, 2012
GUYS WHAT IF I WANT TO SEND THE TRANSCRIPT MYSELF..AS IN I DON'T WANT TO USE UNIASSIST. CAN I SCAN AND RE-PRINT THE TRANSCRIPT AND SEND THEM TO THE DIFFERENT SCHOOLS
THANKS
Re: German Embassy And Visa by flange: 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2012
Using uni assit is not your decision it depends on the school you want to apply to.they decide if you send your application via uni assist or directly to them by posting it nd from the previous posts you can use the notary stamp on the photocopy of ur transcript and send long with your other documents to the school if they don't require u using uni assist.the uni assits is just an intermediary btw you and the school.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 10:32pm On Dec 19, 2012
flange: Using uni assit is not your decision it depends on the school you want to apply to.they decide if you send your application via uni assist or directly to them by posting it nd from the previous posts you can use the notary stamp on the photocopy of ur transcript and send long with your other documents to the school if they don't require u using uni assist.the uni assits is just an intermediary btw you and the school.
okk thanx bro
Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2012
@All, pls does any one know apart from int'l passport any other means of id card the german embassy will accept for opening of acccount? My intl passport is not ready now. Still in abuja.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by AdimO1(m): 12:25am On Dec 20, 2012
Zeddicus:
Oga how far? Please eh, the photocopied and notarised transcript you sent, did you include it with all other documents together in one envelope or did you send it in a separate envelope?
Just want to know if UNIASSIST insists on getting the transcript only from the school.
Thanks.
Yes I did include it, I didn't send anytin original, my reference letter,transcript, skool certificate were all photocopied n notarised, d only tin I didn't notaIised was my cv n statement of purpose,

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by AdimO1(m): 12:33am On Dec 20, 2012
surecan:

uni assist said officially authenticated transcript.Make a copy of the transcript and notarize it in the Court or notary public and send it with other application documents.Because you will still present your original transcript on the day of registration in your school.
Shikina, surecan is right, no need for too muich grammer, cos dats how I did mine, photocopy d original,n certify/notarise, dats all,.. Notin like seperate envelop,stamp,bla bla bla,,,, but its stil not wrong though, but just follow wat uni-assist said,

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by AdimO1(m): 12:52am On Dec 20, 2012
jejet:

Bro I sent only notarised photocopies of my transcript, as said by uni-assist, its even written in deir site . Pls prospective student check ur skool requirement n uni-assist also n 4m der make ur decision,

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 4:41am On Dec 20, 2012
Adim O.:

Yes I did include it, I didn't send anytin original, my reference letter,transcript, skool certificate were all photocopied n notarised, d only tin I didn't notaIised was my cv n statement of purpose,

Thanks..any word on the VISA timing question I asked?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 20, 2012
The embassy will ask you to come with a 90 days travel insurance, make sure the insurance starts the date you wish to travel, your visa will carry the same date as with the insurance certificate.
Zeddicus: Please with the 3months Visa you'll be given,when does it start counting? Is it immediately you are issued the Visa or when you land in Germany??
Jejet said in his post that he got his Visa in June but he travelled in October.
This will help those of us preparing for the winter semester to plan better.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 6:30am On Dec 20, 2012
Your visa will have to be authorized from the foreigners office(Auslanderbehorde) of the city where your school is located. the timing varies from city to city. I think 3 weeks should be enough. Keep your fingers crossed.
Zeddicus:
Thanks..any word on the VISA timing question I asked?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 20, 2012
jejet: The embassy will ask you to come with a 90 days travel insurance, make sure the insurance starts the date you wish to travel, your visa will carry the same date as with the insurance certificate.
Thanks bro. All questions cleared now.
Thanks everyone.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by flange: 8:31am On Dec 20, 2012
Please help me clear this experts . If I get visa to study in a state bardenwurttemberg for example and I wnt to chnge it to NRW is that possible becuz the sch in brdenwt give their admission very early so I can start applying for Visa on the other hand the sch is NRW is a little bit of late because their admission portal opens when the First closes .
Re: German Embassy And Visa by khunlehzy(m): 11:13am On Dec 20, 2012
surecan:

i dont understand what you mean that you applied through DAAD,DE.some university in DAAD.DE will direct you to uni assist while some will tell you to apply dirctly to the university.Do u send any application directly to DAAD.DE?Is your program free tuition?

Go to www.Daad.de for ans to any question u might have
Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2012
pls for those who have odea, how does the embassy send the account opening form to Germany? Is it by post or by courier cos if it is by post I dont mind paying for courier. Pls is there any charges by the embassy to open account for students? Is it completely free?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by khunlehzy(m): 12:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
iluminati: pls for those who have odea, how does the embassy send the account opening form to Germany? Is it by post or by courier cos if it is by post I dont mind paying for courier. Pls is there any charges by the embassy to open account for students? Is it completely free?

You will receive a confirmation mail from the bank max 3 weeks after you submit at the embassy.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 2:07pm On Dec 21, 2012
khunlehzy:

You will receive a confirmation mail from the bank max 3 weeks after you submit at the embassy.

does the embassy charge any amount to open the account for students? Which days of the week does the embassy accept applications?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by surecan: 3:00pm On Dec 21, 2012
Please for those in Germany,how many years residence permit will be extended once you arrive in Germany for those going for 2 years master program.Thank you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2012
hello pls how long ddoes it take uni-assit to comfirm payment via bank transfer. But my brother in finland paid for me sha just want to knw how much it will cost.thanks.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by TummieMarshal: 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
Thanks to God and to u all who v in one way or the other helped me in finding answers to the numerous questions i asked back then. I am happy to let u knw that i v finally forwarded my papers to uni assist after my cousin in germany transferred the fee from his account in my name to uni assist. I immediately downloaded the evidence of payment and make a hard copy of it which i forwarded alongside with my papers to uni assist thru FedEx, i was told it wil take three working days bfr it can get to germany. And as calculated by me, three working days is the christmas day,. Frnds, pls do u think uni assist can still help me forward my papers to the school bfr jan 1, which is the date of the school's application deadline?

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2012
TummieMarshal: Thanks to God and to u all who v in one way or the other helped me in finding answers to the numerous questions i asked back then. I am happy to let u knw that i v finally forwarded my papers to uni assist after my cousin in germany transferred the fee from his account in my name to uni assist. I immediately downloaded the evidence of payment and make a hard copy of it which i forwarded alongside with my papers to uni assist thru FedEx, i was told it wil take three working days bfr it can get to germany. And as calculated by me, three working days is the christmas day,. Frnds, pls do u think uni assist can still help me forward my papers to the school bfr jan 1, which is the date of the school's application deadline?

Hello pls how much did you spent sendng the document.?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2012
TummieMarshal: Thanks to God and to u all who v in one way or the other helped me in finding answers to the numerous questions i asked back then. I am happy to let u knw that i v finally forwarded my papers to uni assist after my cousin in germany transferred the fee from his account in my name to uni assist. I immediately downloaded the evidence of payment and make a hard copy of it which i forwarded alongside with my papers to uni assist thru FedEx, i was told it wil take three working days bfr it can get to germany. And as calculated by me, three working days is the christmas day,. Frnds, pls do u think uni assist can still help me forward my papers to the school bfr jan 1, which is the date of the school's application deadline?

Hello pls how much did you spent sendng the document.? And how long does it take uni-assist to comfirm you payment..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by surecan: 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2012

As soon as it is been received by uni assist before the deadline,you are secured.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by surecan: 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2012
Please for those in Germany,how many years residence permit will be extended once you arrive in Germany for those going for 2 years master program.Thank you
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 8:02pm On Dec 21, 2012
@tummie marsha pls how much did you spent sendng the document.? And how long does it take uni-assist to comfirm you payment..

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.