Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,515 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

German Embassy And Visa - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / German Embassy And Visa (885660 Views)

How Easy Is Getting Admission Into Netherlands Univeristies And Visa / Nigerian Embassy And Police Report / My Experience At The German Embassy Yesterdav. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (481) (Go Down)

Re: German Embassy And Visa by SimplyD(m): 11:33pm On Dec 21, 2012
surecan: Please for those in Germany,how many years residence permit will be extended once you arrive in Germany for those going for 2 years master program.Thank you

Already looking ahead lol. You would be issued a residence permit after 3 months of arrival, which will be valid for a year. Though there are claims that those with scholarship are issued a two-year residence permit.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by SimplyD(m): 12:03am On Dec 22, 2012
Generally, for those planning to study in Germany, you would be better-off if you grasp a bit of German, say A1 level before traveling to Germany. Asides relating better with the locals, you certainly can seek scholarships and even loans as knowledge of German will always be a prerequisite. Furthermore, you get to save money (more expensive learning deutsch in Germany than in Nigeria, plus you can put your pocket money to other use) and probably time. As for jobs, "they" say it's easier to get student jobs in the west of Germany, so you might want to consider that while applying to universities, but have in mind also that the cost of living is also higher... That notwithstanding, if you NEED a job (whichever city you might choose) you will definitely find one especially if you are skilled (e.g IT or Autocad skills); language only becomes an issue if the job requires you to render services to people.

2 Likes

Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 12:25am On Dec 22, 2012
You are right. Jobs are easier to find in the south/western part of Germany than the Easter or northern part. Also English is widely spoken in the south/west region.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 12:38am On Dec 22, 2012
Hello someone should answer my question how long does it take uni*ssist to comfirm the payment.. Bank transferr..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by TummieMarshal: 4:31am On Dec 22, 2012
topeajis: @tummie marsha pls how much did you spent sendng the document.? And how long does it take uni-assist to comfirm you payment..

Since the money was transferred from a german bank, it took less than 30mins, becos my cousin sent me the evidence of payment in less than 30mins. Concrrning my documents transfer, FedEx charged me a total sum of #8,890 and promised me that my documents wil get to it destination in three working days. Best of luck to everyone yet to send his/her own papers.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by flange: 6:49am On Dec 22, 2012
@ simplyD's post { happy }. We need more of those posts from the experts at least u know what you are up against challenges when you get there which will mAke you blend sharply .. Please more of those about Germany at least this will encourage others Make the thread lively
Re: German Embassy And Visa by khunlehzy(m): 6:49am On Dec 22, 2012
iluminati:

does the embassy charge any amount to open the account for students? Which days of the week does the embassy accept applications?
No the embassy does not charge anything its absolutely free. How every the bank will remove 50EURO as service fee after you have made all you deposite n arive in Germany. U can go anyday monday to friday btw 7am n 12noon. But I suggest u go January cos it appears the embassy is on vacation.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 8:43am On Dec 22, 2012
khunlehzy:
No the embassy does not charge anything its absolutely free. How every the bank will remove 50EURO as service fee after you have made all you deposite n arive in Germany. U can go anyday monday to friday btw 7am n 12noon. But I suggest u go January cos it appears the embassy is on vacation.
yes the Embassy is on vacation. I saw the notice of vacation on their site that they will resume back on Jan. 3rd.do they need my passport photograph. What background? Also how does the embassy sent the account opening form to them? Is it by post or by courrier cos post will delay. Thank you.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by johnck(m): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2012
Hi everyone, I'm studying in North Cyprus and i intend to further my education in Germany...However, i want to know, if I apply,will i be given back my passport immediately or do I have to submit it? I will have to go to Turkey to apply as i cannot apply for student visa to Germany in North Cyprus.I will be giving less than a month Turkish Visa. However, if the Visa process exceed a month,then I will be an illegal resident in Turkey.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by surecan: 11:46am On Dec 22, 2012
Thank you simplyD fot this nice information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by flange: 2:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
johnck: Hi everyone, I'm studying in North Cyprus and i intend to further my education in Germany...However, i want to know, if I apply,will i be given back my passport immediately or do I have to submit it? I will have to go to Turkey to apply as i cannot apply for student visa to Germany in North Cyprus.I will be giving less than a month Turkish Visa. However, if the Visa process exceed a month,then I will be an illegal resident in Turkey.
First of all do you have an admission already or u wish to apply as an exchange student . That is the first criteria for ur student visa and if you do then you will need to open a blocked account,Deposit of at leats 8000 euro which u will use ur admission letter to process the account once its opened then you can now book an appointment with the embassy for interview. After the interview I think ull hear from them fter 3-4 weeks or thereabout if ur visa is approved or no.

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by tmed1(m): 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2012
Re: German Embassy And Visa by johnck(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2012
Thanks Flange, I'm completely capable of meeting the criteria for the blocked account.

If it takes just three weeks, then it's fine....but if it is more than, then there is problem because for now, i can only apply for one month Turkish visa and if it expires while my passport is still with the german embassy, i will be an illegal resident in Turkey.

Will the embassy hold my passport down before approval or will i be given back my passport immediately after the interview?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by flange: 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2012
johnck: Thanks Flange, I'm completely capable of meeting the criteria for the blocked account.

If it takes just three weeks, then it's fine....but if it is more than, then there is problem because for now, i can only apply for one month Turkish visa and if it expires while my passport is still with the german embassy, i will be an illegal resident in Turkey.

Will the embassy hold my passport down before approval or will i be given back my passport immediately after the interview?

The 3 weeks is the time after the interview but also the process of the blocked account also will be some weeks too
And about ur passport I don't know if they re going to hold it or no maybe you will have to wait for those who have actually been through this process u can refer to the beginning of the thread u will get some useful info there that will enlighten you on ur situation
In nigeria here the complete visa process is about 2 months please Experts ur help NEEDED
Re: German Embassy And Visa by stchrischu: 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2012
anybody with idea
authenication of certificate (O level) german embassy in 9ja . since am not in Nigeria(living in Germany) to do that or anybody with similar experience..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2012
gopinath.webtho:
Visa pour la Russie: voucher touristique, l'invitation d'affaires, assurance, appartements à louer.
abeg speak what one will understand. Why you dey form? This is an Englisj forum.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by khunlehzy(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2012
iluminati:
yes the Embassy is on vacation. I saw the notice of vacation on their site that they will resume back on Jan. 3rd.do they need my passport photograph. What background? Also how does the embassy sent the account opening form to them? Is it by post or by courrier cos post will delay. Thank you.

They av dre way of sending document. Just be calm n follow every instruction. No you don't need any photography to open the account

1 Like

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 22, 2012
Pls,has anyone been offered admission with O'level in2 UG? And is all our educational bodies are being recognised by German schools?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 7:16am On Dec 23, 2012
Helllo people pls how do we calculated our ects here in nigeria cos german school asked for 210ects and don't knwhow to calculate that can anyone help..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by futurewise11(m): 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2012
@all,

Pls I need u guys help.I apply at 2 uni,one private and one tuition free,got admission in a private,while d state skool denial me admission.
Pls people what can?cos d private skool is demanding for deposit(2100 euro) before dey send admission letter
And my block account fund is ready,my fear is the embasy might change there visa process and make it tight before winter.

Please what can I do plsssss,jejet,adim I need u guys advise on what to do,
Can I apply as student applicant(which is on daad website,I e I don't need admission letter) as a nigerian pls or through language course route.

Pls oooo my people
Re: German Embassy And Visa by flange: 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2012
Demaejy: Pls,has anyone been offered admission with O'level in2 UG? And is all our educational bodies are being recognised by German schools?

Educational bodies like I don't get . But I know our WAEC Result is recognized by Daade.de I've seen it on there before
Please what educational bodies do you mean anyways
Re: German Embassy And Visa by flange: 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
futurewise11: @all,

Pls I need u guys help.I apply at 2 uni,one private and one tuition free,got admission in a private,while d state skool denial me admission.
Pls people what can?cos d private skool is demanding for deposit(2100 euro) before dey send admission letter
And my block account fund is ready,my fear is the embasy might change there visa process and make it tight before winter.

Please what can I do plsssss,jejet,adim I need u guys advise on what to do,
Can I apply as student applicant(which is on daad website,I e I don't need admission letter) as a nigerian pls or through language course route.

Pls oooo my people

Wow that's a tight one bro .what was the main reason why you were denied n admission in the tution free sch for those of us waiting for Winter
Re: German Embassy And Visa by surecan: 7:23pm On Dec 23, 2012
If a married student give birth in Germany,what will be the status of that child in Germany,can the child be a citizen?
Re: German Embassy And Visa by naijaobi(m): 7:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
surecan: If a married student give birth in Germany,what will be the status of that child in Germany,can the child be a citizen?
That one is normal nah...the child becomes a citizen automatically
Re: German Embassy And Visa by topeajis(m): 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2012
Hello house pls. Someone told me there is a centre to learn german language around ikeja pls who knws how 2ru ds is ?..
Re: German Embassy And Visa by stchrischu: 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2012
naijaobi:

who told u d child becomes automatically german citizen unless the father or mother is one.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by iluminati: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2012
surecan: If a married student give birth in Germany,what will be the status of that child in Germany,can the child be a citizen?
if one gives birth in Germany, the baby will become German citizen and this will make the parents have automatic permernent resisdence to stay back in Germany and look after the child who is their citizen. Inshort that is what mosy naija are doing now to get papper.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2012
flange:

Educational bodies like I don't get . But I know our WAEC Result is recognized by Daade.de I've seen it on there before
Please what educational bodies do you mean anyways
I mean't other examination bodies like NABTEB and NECO. Because i know they are also member of Int'l Association for Educational Assessment-(IAEA) association that brings all national examination bodies 2gether in the world. Just asking.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by stchrischu: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2012
iluminati:
if one gives birth in Germany, the baby will become German citizen and this will make the parents have automatic permernent resisdence to stay back in Germany and look after the child who is their citizen. Inshort that is what mosy naija are doing now to get papper.

my friend ,Your informations is 100% wrong.i beleive u are just assuming.I live in Germany and dont pass wrong information around.
Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2012
Neither the child nor the parents become German citizens. One of the parents must be a German citizen for the child to qualify for citizenship. This is not the USA.
naijaobi:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: German Embassy And Visa by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2012
children born in Germany to non-German parents may, under certain conditions, acquire German citizenship. These conditions are as follows: One parent has to have lived legally in Germany for at least eight years prior to the child’s birth and be neither an EU citizen entitled to freedom of movement, an equally entitled citizen of an EEC member state, a Swiss citizen entitled to freedom of movement, or the holder of an EU residence permit or a settlement permit in accordance with the ResidenceAct.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (481)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.