Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,565 members, 7,840,338 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding (73443 Views)

Botswana Polygamist Pastor, Seraki Kemmonye Shares Photos With His 2 Wives / "Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding / Two Nigerian Lesbians Tie The Knot At Private Wedding In Canada (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Phiniter(m): 7:09am On Sep 25, 2021
okay
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by GreenArrow1(m): 7:13am On Sep 25, 2021
Lovely.
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by elmessiahs(m): 7:14am On Sep 25, 2021
Mercychen:

Even your family should be left in the dark on such an important occasion of your life?

You don't seem to get it. It's just like going somewhere without intimating your family on where you're going in case one gets missing. So they know where to go looking for you.
If you just walk up to them and say you are married. Do you think they will believe you? Especially here in Africa. Like it's that easy? No now.

As long as they are not aware, you still remain unmarried to them and if anything happens, such a couple will be treated as mere boyfriend and girlfriend. Even me, that's how I'll regard such.

Let not encourage what is not good on.

The youth will just wake up and the devil will minister nonsense to them and theyll follow without reasoning it out.
Hian!
Babe forget this thing you are, they went to the house of God for crying out loud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by TripleAkutigi: 7:17am On Sep 25, 2021
emorse:
It's no longer private now, is it?
grin haha.
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by TripleAkutigi: 7:22am On Sep 25, 2021
daviesmania:
After finishing oda people's rice, u go and betray us... See ur life?
grin grin have their eat ya own
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by GreenArrow1(m): 7:25am On Sep 25, 2021
Mercychen:
Why are they hiding?
but which one is ""secret" wedding? undecided.

Not even a witness from the family. How will anyone view them as a couple?

Except you have extra information, we can't conclude that there were no witnesses. From the picture, I can safely guess that it happened in a Catholic Church. They don't officiate sham marriages (to the best of their abilities).
The couple must have attended months of marriage courses, gone through or tendered proof of having individually done the sacraments of Baptism, First Holy communion and Confirmation respectively backed up by their cards from each of their home parishes. Also, there must be assent by both parents of both parties involved.
So yeah, except if this was some peculiar case, I don't think there was ever any risk involved.
Catholics are not new to witnessing very small, wedding blessings between couples during the 6 AM morning masses.

She wouldn't be cheated out of anything as the Catholic church's marraige certificate is legally binding and doubles as a court marriage certificate, unlike most others.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by AutoChick4U(f): 7:29am On Sep 25, 2021
Mercychen:

Even your family should be left in the dark on such an important occasion of your life?

You don't seem to get it. It's just like going somewhere without intimating your family on where you're going in case one gets missing. So they know where to go looking for you.
If you just walk up to them and say you are married. Do you think they will believe you? Especially here in Africa. Like it's that easy? No now.

As long as they are not aware, you still remain unmarried to them and if anything happens, such a couple will be treated as mere boyfriend and girlfriend. Even me, that's how I'll regard such.

The youth will just wake up and the devil will minister nonsense to them and theyll follow without reasoning it out.
Hian!
They said private and not secret, there's a difference. Do you know if they are both abroad? They should fly in family because of a simple joining they wanna have?

7 Likes

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Nobody: 7:49am On Sep 25, 2021
AutoChick4U:
They said private and not secret, there's a difference. Do you know if they are both abroad? They should fly in family because of a simple joining they wanna have?

Aunty, before you argue, do your findings. Private and secret are synonymous and can be interchangeably used.

They are obviously not Nigerians and this can only happen abroad. I wanna believe their tradition allows it but ours doesn't allow such and I've only argued from the our standpoint.

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by AutoChick4U(f): 7:56am On Sep 25, 2021
Mercychen:

Aunty, before you argue, do your findings. Private and secret are synonymous and can be interchangeably used.

They are obviously not Nigerians and this can only happen abroad. I wanna believe their tradition allows it but ours doesn't allow such and I've only argued from the our standpoint.
well, it takes courage to go against norms in a society.

3 Likes

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 25, 2021
AutoChick4U:
well, it takes courage to go against norms in a society.

Exactly..
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Randy100: 8:06am On Sep 25, 2021
Gadafii:
God knows how I instantly like girls on simple cornrows embarassed

First thing I do when my girl visits is to pull her yeye wig and fling it away, cos I like to see that cornrows, run my fingers thru them

If you are presently on cornrows hair style as a lady, God bless you and more beauty to you
I'm normal after all. I love it too.
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Magnoliaa(f): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2021
Mercychen:

Hian!

I am getting your points, though. Perfectly getting it. I don't think she called it a secret wedding, though, just private? Her parents might be aware, but not in sitting. Both of them might have been acquainted with each others' families and friends before now, and would have let them know their plans. Or they did not only tell them the date.

Wo, different people with their styles, abeg. Not for me.

@topic, what will happen to all my Disney-inspired dreams? And Cinderella-styled Ankara gown? Or my Harlequin-themed majestic and grandeur atmosphere and frenzy? Ah. What a waste of childhood dreams. Mba. cheesy
And like someone said up there, the African society is very communal. Party jollof rice has taken me to heaven and back, made love to me, vanquished hunger many times, gotten numerous souvenirs... it'll reach my turn, I wee now deny others from eating rice and the same experience? Haha. Money or no money, we'll survive, joor.

If future boo is kuku here, he should better be taking note. I go spell clearly for am too, sha, so no shaking.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 25, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I am getting your points, though. Perfectly getting it. I don't think she called it a secret wedding, though, just private? Her parents might be aware, but not in sitting. Both of them might have been acquainted with each others' families and friends before now, and have let them know their plans. Or they did not only tell them the date.

Wo, different people with their styles, abeg. Not for me.

Well... There's no where it stated that both parents were aware. What I saw was "private". So we can't say matter of factly if they are aware or not.

If they let anyone know before now, then it's no longer private or shouldn't be tagged private. my thoughts though.

Na Dem Sabi.
Whatever rocks their boat.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Pweetyccee(f): 8:55am On Sep 25, 2021
Okay good for them
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Decryptor(m): 9:20am On Sep 25, 2021
Her marriage will probably last more than those ones who did their wedding with Governor's in attendance and reception in Sheraton

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Nobody: 9:20am On Sep 25, 2021
What has a PRIVATE matter got to do with the social media?
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Adakintroy: 9:21am On Sep 25, 2021
Share private wedding on social media. We're the private again.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2021
Decryptor:
Her marriage will probably last more than those ones who did their wedding with Governor's in attendance and reception in Sheraton
It doesn't follow that way.
There's no laid down rule to that.
No study suggests such.
In Fact the more enlightened a Lady becomes, the more likely she's to remain unmarried, or the more likely she is to get divorced, that's if she's married. This is Proven

KARMA doesn't always follow your instincts.
I have seen EVIL PEOPLE grow old too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by badtlimo(m): 9:22am On Sep 25, 2021
emorse:
It's no longer private now, is it?
Private they say not secret wedding smiley
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by tradepunter: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2021
aanuoluwami14:
I love this cool they need money to do other things. Congratulations

When we go do our own?
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Adakintroy: 9:22am On Sep 25, 2021
badtlimo:
Private they say not secret wedding smiley

Private means secret.
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by tete7000(m): 9:23am On Sep 25, 2021
There ought to be at least a witness besides the couple and the priest for the wedding to be valid. Someone else not shown in the picture was present.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Kajaard: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2021
Mercychen:
Why are they hiding?
At least, I still hear that of low key wedding with just family members but which one is ""secret" wedding? undecided.

What if the man decides to cheat her off a joint assets or property and get rid of proof of ownership, Or even dump her without benefits?
How will she be able to claim it as a legit wife?

Some women need to receive brain in this 21st century. And stop letting their emotions becloud their sense of reasoning.

I also hope it's not a case of stealing someones man or Vice versa? Hm.

I seriously want to believe you are not this dull shocked shocked shocked. Even if she had a private wedding, it doesn't make the wedding any less legal. She is married for God's sake. She has a wedding certificate both from the church and the registry.

Your post is shocking. I really doubt you used brain cells in typing this stuff undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Antoeni(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2021
A Virtuous woman
May God bless your home
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by slowice(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2021
ValCon888:
With the left side of their mouth they say "God when."
And with the right side of their mouth they say "men are scum."

The scum are getting married every Sunday.

They just can't stop loving scums grin how else will they get (s)cum grin
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by witworth(m): 9:24am On Sep 25, 2021
Good, though na the church me no go along with, still good though.
Worst thing about Nigeria be say, all these fit be staged stuff for fame
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by funshint(m): 9:25am On Sep 25, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Na this kind of low-key marriage and lifestyle I want......
Personally cha,I don talk am say for my own traditional marriage,I no go rent pass one canopy lipsrsealed. While for my white wedding,na my church I go use do reception immediately after the wedding rites tongue. Thank God say my church no kukuma big lipsrsealed. At least,like 5 baskets of rice go do undecided. I can't feed a battalion of hungry guests and later on go home and be paying debt undecided

But if my banny insist on a bigger event,then I go jejely show her the road to her papa house undecided
You're a kid.
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by Missionaire: 9:25am On Sep 25, 2021
Nice....
I do hope though that IF anything goes wrong, they will also keep it private.
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by BlueAir: 9:26am On Sep 25, 2021
Who dey chase u
Mercychen:
Why are they hiding?
At least, I still hear that of low key wedding with just family members but which one is ""secret" wedding? undecided.

[/b]What if the man decides to cheat her off a joint assets or property and get rid of proof of ownership, Or even dump her without benefits[b] ?
How will she be able to claim it as a legit wife?

Some women need to receive brain in this 21st century. And stop letting their emotions becloud their sense of reasoning.

I also hope it's not a case of stealing someones man or Vice versa? Hm.

1 Like

Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by yahmohy27: 9:26am On Sep 25, 2021
femi4:
She no want make people come chop rice
Only being simple ,otherwise, no be him go provide rice before na
Abi?
Re: Lady Shares Photos From Her Private Wedding by ideatoprince18(m): 9:26am On Sep 25, 2021
Mercychen:

Hian!
..... Why are u swallowing Panadol for someone else headache??

They decide to hold a private wedding ... Is it your concern .... It's their choice .... U should respect it and stop bleating like a goat here.

Typical Nigerian girls with entitlement mentality .... They feel they are entitled to an elaborate wedding without contributing shishi to it ...... Mtscheeeeew

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South African Lady Shares Photos To Prove She Is Sexier Than The N800k Sex Doll / Bisi Alimi In Bed With Husband, Anthony Davis. Shares Photo / "The Only Thing You Didn't Borrow Is Your Beard" - Lady Drags Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.