Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,954 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later (73415 Views)

"I’m Grateful I Never Left Him" – Says A Lady Who Dated A Poor Guy Now Rich / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Dated For 11 Years / White Lady Sends iPhone & Apple MacBook To A Nigerian Guy She Met On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by mrslycc(m): 11:54am On Oct 08, 2021
True love never dies
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by AfroKnight: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Nigerian girls should come and learn about true love. Not the conditional transactions they parade as love.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by adeowo84(m): 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
delzbaba:
I see through the fake love, this woman would probably take a life insurance policy out on this man, and cash out when he is gone, and don't forget the go fund me money.

Always looking at the negative side of life...change my brother

5 Likes

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by DanteSilva(m): 12:00pm On Oct 08, 2021
Your analysis of the black race is extremely shallow, in as much we have pimps, ho's and gangsters amongst the black race, they are millions of black people doing very well and excelling in their respective fields.

Redbone, pinkbone or blaqbonez bla bla, black is black irrespective of the shade of your black.
Anyways Death to Racism and the racist.
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Prayfortheworld: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2021
Mrscarter:

I believe in true love.
This story is sweet.
But it doesn't exist anymore
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by femi4: 12:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
Explorers:
Jeannie Gustavson, 68, and Steve Watts, 71, dated secretly for seven years in the 70s during College days.

They broke up 42 years ago as her family didn't approve of interracial dating.

A mixed-race couple who were college sweethearts and dated each other secretly in the 1970s have recently reunited and discovered they are 'still in love'.

Jeannie Gustavson and Steve Watts met as students at Loyola University in Chicago when she was a freshman, aged 18, and he was a senior, aged 21, and they soon started dating.

However, he was black and she was white and her family disapproved of interracial dating, meaning they had to conduct their relationship in secret for seven years.

Despite ultimately breaking up forty-two years ago, Jeannie, now 68, always regret the decision to end the relationship and has never forgotten about Steve.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10064011/White-woman-secretly-dated-black-man-seven-years-1970s-reunited-42-years-later.html?ito=social-facebook
Still searching for the black guy
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by buchilino(m): 12:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
Gratefulheart1:
Imagine! The horror of discrimination.
Sad tale of two young bloods who should have enjoyed the better part of their lives together, when they were still young and bouncing, but their sweet bond of love was severed by the color of their skins.
What benefit are they to one another, now that their lives are almost expired?
Although son of men say, half cake is better than non. But some half cake can make you shed tears, when you know what the full cake could have looked like. Can we even call this half cake or one quarter cake?
When I scrolled up again to compare the pictures, when they were both young, fresh and looking all smart to now when they're aged, it's such a sad sight, I must say.

Back then, no sane white parents would approve their white daughter dating a Negro. No!
Funny enough this black guy is redbone, not black as such, could be mistaken for white. Yet back then, Black is Black; as long as you're not White, you're Black.

Peak of discrimination and racism.
Black race has come a long way. Gone through a lot of shiit to be where it is today.
Days when you'll have to wait and bow for White to pass on the road before you pass. Days when as a Black, you can't enter the same Bar with Whites.

When I remember the sacrifices of people like Martin Luther Jr., Malcom X, Vivien Thomas, Carl Brashear etc. how they used their lives as ransom for Black freedom, I shake my head for what Blacks are today.

Shame on Blacks. You see these Black Americans with no sense or any memory left, of where they've come from in history.

All they do is lazy around, steal, loot shops, go to gym, eat, smoke, sag, put tattoo on their bodies, wear big chains, rings and oversize cloths; flaunt dollar and expensive possessions, showoff, intimidate others, play all day, speak wrong English, go to party, do gangsterism, listen to hip hop music and above it all sex, sex and sex. No Iota of sense. Black will always be black, whether African or Black American.

U NO THE FUNNY THING?, HERE IN NIGERIA SAME SCENARIO STILL REPEAT ITSELF. I NO OF AN IGBO GUY WHO WANTED TO MARRY YORUBA GAL. BUT THE FAMILY OF THE IGBO GUY REFUSED. AS I SPEAK, BUT THE IGBO GUY N YORUBA GAL STILL SLEEP EACH OTHER EVEN THOUGH BOTH R MARRIED

1 Like

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Ramirezkhay(m): 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2021
Bad G grin
delzbaba:
I see through the fake love, this woman would probably take a life insurance policy out on this man, and cash out when he is gone, and don't forget the go fund me money.
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by ATMC(f): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2021
She said: 'I did a very stupid thing 42 years ago and I've regretted it ever since. And all I can do now is love him as best I can and see to it that he's happy and give him the quality of life that he really deserves and he's missed all these years.'

Something beautiful happened to me as I read this...as a reflex, I would have cried but no, the above dried the tears and I'm like time fixes things, really.
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by yimcy: 12:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
I love this. God bless their genuine love
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Bar1941(m): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
Explorers:
Jeannie wrote to him twice but didn't get response.

Eventually she showed up at the care home facility this summer with their graduation photo in her hand and butterflies in her stomach.

She recalled their reunion, writing: 'The minute he rolled into the visiting room and uttered the sweet nickname he gave me, forty two years melted away.

'He and I were 18 and 21 again.

We cried, we laughed, we held each other and most wonderfully we realized we were still in love.'

Steve had suffered two strokes 15 years ago, leaving him debilitated and Jeannie was his first visitor in ten years.

'I knew at that moment that he still loved me, and this time it was going to be forever.

I just knew it,' .

With the help of a GoFundMe page, and using the rest of her savings, Jeannie has managed to bring Steve out of the nursing home to her home in Portland, Oregan, where she is now his carer.

Although Steve finds it difficult to speak, he can still make Jeannie laugh and they have forgiven each other for the past and rekindled their long-lost love.

She said: 'I did a very stupid thing 42 years ago and I've regretted it ever since. And all I can do now is love him as best I can and see to it that he's happy and give him the quality of life that he really deserves and he's missed all these years.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10064011/White-woman-secretly-dated-black-man-seven-years-1970s-reunited-42-years-later.html?ito=social-facebook

White women will always be white women, after 42years, she met him a disable yet she's ready to spend her life savings on him just to apologize and renew their interest in each other.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Illshef(m): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2021
eeyah
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by AngelicBeing: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
cheesy
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Emmanuel909090: 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2021
So emotional.
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Exodora: 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2021
delzbaba:
You see all this and yet you can't see the future of Nigeria.
If is that simple how come his family and friends couldn't do it .
For ten good years he had no visitor except her and here you are saying this fear God for once in your life .

7 Likes

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Cantonese: 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2021
Gratefulheart1:
Imagine! The horror of discrimination.
Sad tale of two young bloods who should have enjoyed the better part of their lives together, when they were still young and bouncing, but their sweet bond of love was severed by the color of their skins.
What benefit are they to one another, now that their lives are almost expired?
Although son of men say, half cake is better than non. But some half cake can make you shed tears, when you know what the full cake could have looked like. Can we even call this half cake or one quarter cake?
When I scrolled up again to compare the pictures, when they were both young, fresh and looking all smart to now when they're aged, it's such a sad sight, I must say.

Back then, no sane white parents would approve their white daughter dating a Negro. No!
Funny enough this black guy is redbone, not black as such, could be mistaken for white. Yet back then, Black is Black; as long as you're not White, you're Black.

Peak of discrimination and racism.
Black race has come a long way. Gone through a lot of shiit to be where it is today.
Days when you'll have to wait and bow for White to pass on the road before you pass. Days when as a Black, you can't enter the same Bar with Whites.

When I remember the sacrifices of people like Martin Luther Jr., Malcom X, Vivien Thomas, Carl Brashear etc. how they used their lives as ransom for Black freedom, I shake my head for what Blacks are today.

Shame on Blacks. You see these Black Americans with no sense or any memory left, of where they've come from in history.

All they do is lazy around, steal, loot shops, go to gym, eat, smoke, sag, put tattoo on their bodies, wear big chains, rings and oversize cloths; flaunt dollar and expensive possessions, showoff, intimidate others, play all day, speak wrong English, go to party, do gangsterism, listen to hip hop music and above it all sex, sex and sex. No Iota of sense. Black will always be black, whether African or Black American.

You hit the nail on the head. Thanks.
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by CUMIN: 12:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
A classical case of okafor law of congo dynamic

1 Like

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by IbileIfe: 12:33pm On Oct 08, 2021
AutoChick4U:
I need handkerchief pls, God punish anyone who says True love does not exist.

You haven't found it or unable to give it does not mean it does not exist..... Lord let this kinda genuine love locate me ijn

I have been searching for you since you started praying for true love.
Are you ready to sacrifice all your creature comforts for true love?
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2021
NON OF AFRICAN PEOPLE COPY THE GOOD SIDE OF WESTERNERS BUT THE BAD SIDE THAT IS WHY WE AFRICANS WILL SURELY POOR MORE THAN WHAT WE CAN IMAGINE, YEAR'S TO COME
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by AutoChick4U(f): 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2021
IbileIfe:

I have been searching for you since you started praying for true love.
Are you ready to sacrifice all your creature comforts for true love?
I don't know if such exist in 9ja anymore. I'm tired jarey
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by OdogwuEkeke(m): 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2021
If you cannot love me like this please leave me alone ooh. Ah ah
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Nickymezor(f): 12:38pm On Oct 08, 2021
Pure Love
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by sync(f): 12:39pm On Oct 08, 2021
When you go BLACK, you don’t go BACK

1 Like

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by AutoChick4U(f): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
OdogwuEkeke:
If you cannot love me like this please leave me alone ooh. Ah ah
Too many wicked lovers in this country. Gold diggers many

2 Likes

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by zedman1(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2021
brosom:
Beautiful..! The definition of soul mate.

Love can be found anywhere in the world irrespective of culture, race and colour.

Soul mate is a bit smaller, NOTHING can seperate twin flames from reuniting... Yet just a little of us know these things.

2 Likes

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by BigJoe19: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2021
Wow! I'm shocked. No young woman in this present world can do this anymore, though she failed him at the most important stage. Simps get used products. Be the alpha male to avoid being the pity party.
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Corporate2020: 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2021
The story said the ex girlfriend is the man's first visitor in 10 years and the man has spent about 15 years in care home.

That's what I detest about this Oyinbo people. The parents that took care of you when you were young, feed you, bath you, cloth you, wash your poopoo and so on. When they get old and weak, you then take them to rejected people's home and abandone them there.

Are those ones human beings at all? Even animals fend for each other. It then means that the Oyinbo people are less than animals.
Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by ComeToJesus: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
Word!

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by jaszplus12(m): 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
AutoChick4U:

You haven't found it or unable to give it does not mean it does not exist..... Lord let this kinda genuine love locate me ijn
sister! i need towel, handkerchiref isnt enough to wipe my own tears honestly...love dey ooo true love dey...

1 Like

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Bigii(m): 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2021
AutoChick4U:

Nor be Nigerian babe you be?

From the write up did you see anywhere they mentioned money? Una the love without money? Abeg Gettat angry

1 Like

Re: White Lady And Black Man Who Dated Secretly In College Reunited 42years Later by Agboriotejoye(m): 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2021
benuejosh:
Wow! So beautiful.

Zombie sef Sabi love?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos From A Kissing Competition In Kampala, Uganda / What's The Most Outrageous Demand A Girl Has Ever Made From You On A First Date? / How I Got Saved From Masturbation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.