Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,896 members, 7,824,757 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Cost Of IVF In Nigeria - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria (277209 Views)

Comparing the Cost Of IVF / Robert Edwards Creator Of IVF Dies At 87 / Lily Ivf Price Offer/truth About Success Rates Of Ivf Clinics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 5:19am On Mar 24, 2012
Will send u an email later in the day. Ivf is good but not a guarantee that it will work with ur first trial. Its just God and luck. Some couples are lucky to even have twins with the first trial while others will have to try several times before it works for them. One thing that is sure is the fact that, a woman's age and medical history can contribute to the success or failure of the whole process. A woman with tied tubes will most likely get pregnant faster than the a woman with blocked tubes and a woman with hydrosalpinxed tubes. Samethg with fibroids and many other things that affect women including Natural Killer Cells which I just discovered. But like I said early on, its God that gives at the end.
With clinics like Bridge, you should be ready to spend N1.2m, Georges N1m, egypt N350-400k minus transport and hotel, capefertility center in south africa N700 minus transport and hotel accomo,indian 600-700k minus transport and accomo, National Hospital in Abuja N300 or so minus drug, someone also mentioned Uniben and its about the same rate with national hospital. But you know govt thgs in Nig. Anyways, depending on ur budget and location, I will personally recommend egypt or SA, most of most my colleagues have used these clinics and they all returned with results, can't tell if its because they were in a new environment that was stressfree or because their treatment plan over there is better than Naija. Peronally I used both Omni, Georges and Bridge. Omni is a write off as their success rate is very very low. Both Georges and Bridge have good success rate but Bridge is one clinic with its own problem. No patient welfare n u're given the impression that its ur moni they're concerned about not ur welfare. U only hear from the MD via fon call when u have a negative result encouraging u to come for another try without discount. He doesn't see patients except those who are either very rich or those who started the clinic with him. U're left with Drs who don't know their right from left, who do their first monitoring scan on day 10 of stimmi after all ur eggs have ruptured because that is their company policy as I was told. So I'll recommend Georges anyday. Heard medical art and st ives in ikeja is good but haven't been there b4. Lots of Nairalanders have gone to Georges and even those with negative result said they will return there due to the love and services they got.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by adeniG: 2:52pm On Apr 09, 2012
I quite agree with Blendy 77, Dr Emeka (www.olivebranchhm.com)At Georges is exceptional..... I hear there is a sixty year old who is pregnant via his IVF program and is attending antenatal there at georges.... you can go on a wednesday and see her. Dr Emeka is patient, focused and actually takes takes time to follow each case. I was succesful with him at the first attempt, but even if I wasnt i would have gone back again and again.... in agreement with blendy77.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Bucacious: 8:30pm On Apr 09, 2012
Thanks blendy, I really appreciate ur info.God bless u wink
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by sarnneth: 9:14pm On Apr 09, 2012
U guys have been so helpful. Called d doctor Emeka. Very nice and helpful. The opposite of my doctor.I had no idea naija even had Any ivf centres.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by kizias: 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2012
Akiika: pls am interested
In the herb. Pls I beg u to help me send the herb person number to my email.osaretin.kizituu@diageo.com.
@Elizapat,
IVF is In Vitro Fertilization, please read more on IVF or any health related matter on WebMD ( http://www.webmd.com/). I'm not a Dr. but you need to take care of that fibroid first. The semen falling back is another thing that my wife went through after our first child. OK let me share my story with you, i live in Houston Texas, US. My wife and i have a 4 yrs old boy and had problem conceiving afterwards, of course we seeked medical help here but didn't yield any result. My sis-in-law in Nigeria got my wife to speak to a herbal dr. ( iya Alagbo), she made some dried herbs that was sent to us. We soaked it in water as instructed and my wife took it a couple of times, she conceived a month after. By the grace of God, we now have a 4 month old daughter. If you think this is an accident, i have referred another of my friend in Dallas without kid after a 5 years old marriage and his wife is now pregnant. I'll be happy to give you the herbal Dr's no. should you decide to try this unorthodox treatment. I have spent over $5,000 in treatments here, but this woman charged less than 15,000 naira ($100). Good luck.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Bucacious: 11:13pm On Apr 11, 2012
Pls NLanders be very careful wit dis iya alagbo stuff! Am Yoruba and av been taking herbs since I was a kid.but u really nid to look before u leap b4 u will be introduced to something else.lol
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 8:06am On Apr 12, 2012
There's really no harm in taking herbs if its properly controlled and you're aware of the contents of what u're drinking. I'm from niger delta and we take herbs for infertility and so many other ailments with native massages included. In fact there's this age long discharge I had from school which Drs have done all possible tests and when all came out negative, they attributed it to psychological probs. According to my company Dr, he said I have that discharge cos I always think about it. But the funny thg about the discharge was that it disappears after any shot of antibiotics and resurfaces again after 3 days of stopping the antibiotics. My sisters, its native herbs one mama gave me in warri that sent the discharge to exile for over a year now. She gave me some leaves to boil and sit on for 3 days and one other one to drink for 1wk. The good thing is I was there when she plucked the leaves from her garden in her compound and told me how to mix it. Since april last year, the discharge never came back and my Dr accepted that native meds are sometimes effective. Its bad when there's no dosage, mixed with diabolic stuff/incantations. One just has be careful and be sure of what u're drinking.
All those who contacted Iya Alagbo, its been almost 9months, please share ur success stories to encourage or discourage others.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Bucacious: 9:17am On Apr 12, 2012
@blendy, I agree wit u.herbs are efective wen u meet d right persons. My hubby once had staph that all antibiotics prescibed by doc couldn't take away. We spent a lot of money in diff hospitals but its either little or no significant change. Then reluctantly my hubby agrredd to take herbs and in less than one month, the whole thing disappered! I would appreciate if any one went to d said alagbo on NL and came bak wit success. I went to see the one whose no was posted on NL but after explaining everythin to her, she told me dat I would she would contact her mom in Ibadan and would only do anthin if she accepts after makin her findings. Later she made me speak wit the woman who said I would av to come down to IB to spend the night coz of some sacrifice dat I nid to make before the said iya alagbo can do anytin. I asked the iya alagbo wat dat meant and she said I should find time and go there first before she can give me any herbs. I wasn't just confortable wit dat as I will NEVER do dat. So, sis, I opted out. My hubby said I would av been initiated! Pls anyone wit success should share his or hers

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by LadyAdorable: 11:43am On Apr 12, 2012
A willing egg donor is available for egg donation... Hiv negatv,hepatitis free, blood grp...o genotyp aa. Age bracket 21 to 28. Genetic makeup is an added advantage. Beautiful, high iq etc. Interestd? Pls leav ur mobile number or email address and i wl get back to u. God bless u in ur search for d fruit of d womb. Children are d best gift frm God to mankind.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 11:56am On Apr 12, 2012
Are you by any chance refering to the same Iya Alagbo that Akiika talked about on NL? If it involves sacrfice and spending a night in Ibadan, my sister that one don pass becareful o! Its better not to indulge in anything that one would regret for the rest his/her life. What's the need of having a child that is dedicated to the devil and you'll spend the rest of your life living in regret. Thank God you didn't go.
A colleague of mine also told me about one she was introduced to in PH who told her she's already pregnant and will deliver in 5months time. She argued with the lady that she just finished seeing her period, did both pregnancy tests and scan recently before travelling from Lagos to PH. The Lady kept insisting that its a spiritual baby that medical science cannot detect but if she pays the delivery fee of N500k, she would be delivered of the baby. She told me about it and I adviced to run away as fast as her legs can take her out of that place because they will end of selling another person's child to you for N500k making you believe its your child.
This particular one is rampant in PH, Aba and most of the eastern states. their modus operandu is harbouring teenage girls somewhere, giving you the impression that you're already pregnant and call you when u're in Labour (meaning the teenage girl has delivered and a baby is now available). Delivery fee is usually between N400 and N500k and the sole condition for their treating you is that you must deliver in their facility which is usually one scruffy unregistered hospital. A close relative of mine who went through that path ended up being abandoned by the husband who kept insisting the child wasn't his because he followed her to do a scan just before the child was born when she kept insisting that she's been told by the women that she's already pregnant. The man left her and the baby after several attempts at making her return the child. Even those that went to visit her the day she delivered also said the baby's navel was already baked less that 24hrs of claimed delivery. So my sisters, there are lots of fake Iya Alagbos and I really pray that God will not make us so desperate to the extent that we will be forced to patronize them.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by pizzashaw: 10:21am On Jun 16, 2012
@Blendy77,is it okay if i have you email?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by didon: 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2012
hello blendy thank you so much for your information on gerges memorial hospital, i have never done ivf before and i have been TTC for the past 11 yrs, speaking with dr emeka has been so reassuring, keeping in mind that God is at work, i will be meeting with him soon.thanks again blendy77 i joined this group because of you bless u

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 8:47pm On Jun 17, 2012
. pizzashaw: Quote Post

@Blendy77,is it okay if i have you email?

Of course My email add is ruonar2000@yahoo.com.

didon: hello blendy thank you so much for your information on gerges memorial hospital, i have never done ivf before and i have been TTC for the past 11 yrs, speaking with dr emeka has been so reassuring, keeping in mind that God is at work, i will be meeting with him soon.thanks again blendy77 i joined this group because of you bless u
My sister, it is well. 11 years is such a long time but then we thank God for life. I'm happy you're considering ivf, its not automatic but so many people have gotten pregnant with first trial. I pray urs will not be different. I've done 6 ivf procedures in all before God answered me; 2 at Omni medical Center(2008), 2 with Georges(2009 and 2010) 1 with Bridge (jan 2012) the last one in Georges again where God answered us (may 2012). I've also been married for over six years and i can tell you it wasnt funny at all. But we thank God. The God who did mine for me through Dr Emeka will do yours too in Jesus name. You can ask him about me and my wails each time I visit the clinic. Depression was too mild to describe my case and maybe that is why I keep running from clinic to clinic and had to return to George's again after the way I was treated at bridge. Will share my testimony soon on my post, "is there any solution for blocked tubes?"
I pray everyone who desires to carry their children will be granted their heart desires in Jesus name!

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 9:10pm On Jun 17, 2012

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2012

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by adeniG: 9:41pm On Jun 18, 2012
Praise the LORD...... blendy 77, you dont know how long I have been waiting and how many times I have checked to see this post of success from you. C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S! ! !... it was Dr EMEKA abi? WOWWW www.olivebranchhm.com GOD is really using him. You were my inspiration to use him and I thank GOD you are smiling now.... congrats again and Take care.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by didon: 10:58pm On Jun 20, 2012
blendy i am so happy for you!this our God is ever so faithful! you have educated so many people on this forum giving us hope and courage to move on! and i never doubted for a second that urs will be different! i knew we would rejoice with you soonest! thanks a lot. I hope to know you presonally in the near future when we will sit down and laugh about all we have been through! bless u over and over again!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by kidiat: 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2012
@ Akiika, pls am interested in iya alagbo, becos my younger sister married since 2004, but no issue up till now, if u can assist me, I w be very gratefu
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by kidiat: 8:19pm On Jun 23, 2012
@akiika thanks for the information am interested too, can you pls help me with the iya alagbo's number becos of my younger sister that got married 6yrs ago, and the marriage is been treating
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by sunael: 8:04pm On Jun 25, 2012
Please can anyone advice on how one can get a good and young traditional surrogate, preferably in Lagos?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by IVFCARE: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2012
Dear all,
Our affordable IVF treatment cost in Jeddah (KSA) is only SR 11,000 (USD 3000) + injection cost around (SR2000)
if any body interested ,please visit our website www.ivfcare.net or www. ivfcare..com
You can reach us # 00966553737041 / dr@ivfcare.net
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Nwabebe: 2:31pm On Jul 18, 2012
hi blendy, congrats once again. I know that the Lord that started this good work will definitely finalize it. i hv also started mine and believe i will come back too to share my own testimony.
Of course My email add is ruonar2000@yahoo.com.

My sister, it is well. 11 years is such a long time but then we thank God for life. I'm happy you're considering ivf, its not automatic but so many people have gotten pregnant with first trial. I pray urs will not be different. I've done 6 ivf procedures in all before God answered me; 2 at Omni medical Center(2008), 2 with Georges(2009 and 2010) 1 with Bridge (jan 2012) the last one in Georges again where God answered us (may 2012). I've also been married for over six years and i can tell you it wasnt funny at all. But we thank God. The God who did mine for me through Dr Emeka will do yours too in Jesus name. You can ask him about me and my wails each time I visit the clinic. Depression was too mild to describe my case and maybe that is why I keep running from clinic to clinic and had to return to George's again after the way I was treated at bridge. Emeka is not necessarily the best we have around but then, the time he devotes to each patient, the care and passion he uses in handling each case individually was what made me return again to try another round. Will share my testimony soon on my post, "is there any solution for blocked tubes?"
I pray everyone who desires to carry their babies will be granted their heart desires this year in Jesus name![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 6:17am On Jul 22, 2012
Congratulations for taking the bold step to even consider ivf. God will see u through this and you shall come out rejoicing IJN. This year has been a year of blessing for aLl of urs and urs will not elude u. Osiyemia, my nairaland friend whom we started this thread together last year has given birth to a baby girl last wednesday. Is God not wonderful? He will do urs too IJN
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by VENUSS(f): 1:27pm On Jul 24, 2012
Tank God for all the goodnews. pls does any one have idea of hw good the brigde clinic kaduna branch is?
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by onyekaogu(f): 6:06pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ akiika.I saw your response dated 24th of Oct 2011. I've a relative who's been married for 8yrs now without a child.cld you pls give me the details of this herbalist dr may be they wld be lucky as well.thank you.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by hoti: 4:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
undecided
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by hoti: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
sunael: Please can anyone advice on how one can get a good and young traditional surrogate, preferably in Lagos?
sunael: Please can anyone advice on how one can get a good and young traditional surrogate, preferably in Lagos?
Yes i think i can help you, as i remember quite well during a time last year i start a thread on this section advertising Surrogate mother for a frd who was 4 months pregnant and wanted to get ride of it but i told her not too cos of the risk in abortion and instead she can give birth to the babies(as scan shows they are twins)n i suggest giving it out to awaiting mother for financial help in return and she agreed but to my surprise it turn out people here prefer ivf to getting surrogate and havin there baby at once. so in the end my friend have to pregnancy
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 1:57am On Jul 29, 2012
Hoti Baby, I like your boldness sha. I remembered last year or so you advertised your eggs for those who want donor eggs for one outragious amount and I teased you over considering surrogacy since no clinic will pay up to 200k for donor eggs and you replied that your boyfriend will not agree and moreover you don't want your body to sag. So why the change of mind? Its good sha to want to help waiting mothers but this your conditions carry weight o! Anyway, are u married or have u had a child before? I hope you know what you're going into if u've never had a child before. Kudos, and more grease to your elbows.
Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by NEGOZI: 9:41am On Jul 30, 2012
Hello ladies in the house,

i have been off for some time on the thread but am back. Finally my hubby have accepted ivf .Praise be to God for it takes two to tangle. First with what i read here about dr emaka ikenna geaorge i decided to call him and he is one in a million . From the way he speaks to me i was really relieved . Remember ladies in my last post i mentioned i have fibroid 3, 1 at the centre of the uterus and other surround my womb which two gynacologists which we consulted advice us to undergone suggery except one who told us to go for ivf and could be removed during child birth. I was so saddeing that i keep wondering if anything good can happen but after discusing with dr emeka via phone and email. i was relieved i saw a new change in me. I and hubby have consulted a doctor in ivf hospital here in europe and they have given us form to do some test during my 3rd mensuration this AUGUST and by september to do others including my hubby. i strongly believe God that come 2013 i am going to have my baby if not babies as i continue dreaming of 2 and 3 everyother day lollllllllllllll.

I PRAY AS MANY AS THOSE WHO HAVE COME TOGTHER IN THIS FORUM TO SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES AND TESTMONIES MAY God continue to strenghten us, guide us and gives us good and obedience children , that will take care of us and cherish us . Not kids who will kill us and drag our names and hard labour in mud as we all are going tough times to have them
AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of IVF In Nigeria by Blendy77(f): 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2012
NEGOZI: Hello ladies in the house,

i have been off for some time on the thread but am back. Finally my hubby have accepted ivf .Praise be to God for it takes two to tangle. First with what i read here about dr emaka ikenna geaorge i decided to call him and he is one in a million . From the way he speaks to me i was really relieved . Remember ladies in my last post i mentioned i have fibroid 3, 1 at the centre of the uterus and other surround my womb which two gynacologists which we consulted advice us to undergone suggery except one who told us to go for ivf and could be removed during child birth. I was so saddeing that i keep wondering if anything good can happen but after discusing with dr emeka via phone and email. i was relieved i saw a new change in me. I and hubby have consulted a doctor in ivf hospital here in europe and they have given us form to do some test during my 3rd mensuration this AUGUST and by september to do others including my hubby. i strongly believe God that come 2013 i am going to have my baby if not babies as i continue dreaming of 2 and 3 everyother day lollllllllllllll.

I PRAY AS MANY AS THOSE WHO HAVE COME TOGTHER IN THIS FORUM TO SHARE THEIR EXPERIENCES AND TESTMONIES MAY God continue to strenghten us, guide us and gives us good and obedience children , that will take care of us and cherish us . Not kids who will kill us and drag our names and hard labour in mud as we all are going tough times to have them
AMEN.

I say a big AMEN to that. I wish you the best of luck in your IVF cruise. It is settled, you shall carry yours in 2013 by the grace of God. baby dust to you all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Tips To Curing Ulcers And Living Healthy / Health Benefits Of Bitter Kola: A Very Powerful Body Detoxiffyer.. / Scary Pictures Of Ebola Virus Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.