Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,923 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? (29244 Views)

Break That Family/ Generational Curses With This Before Crossing Into 2024 / Woman Breaks Eggs At Beach, Curses Emma For Taking Advantage Of Her (Video) / Nude Woman Curses Her Husband, His Side Chick In Abuja At Midnight-Facebook User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
chatinent:
The best to do is not curse at all. Don't curse your son.

Also learn to not repeat what will provoke your child next time so that ọ gaghị iti gi ihe tinker tiri pan.

Learn to be responsible too.

Meanwhile, I don't support hitting fathers.

Well, I am available for research writing services that will pass Turnitin.
So my son will have the effontery to beat me and I will not curse him?

He is cursed already to have done that
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Kobojunkie: 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

So my son will have the effontery to beat me and I will not curse him?

He is cursed already to have done that
Cursed by whom? Who tell you say you get that kain power sef? Someone lied to you and you believed without probing for truth? undecided

Dey there dey deceive yourself. If you raise your son with violence as solution expect him to give it back to you too. No be only outsiders suppose suffer am alone. undecided
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Franking: 11:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
Oh Africa. The world has moved on these ones are still talking generational curses.
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by abbey621(m): 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The likely reason for why he got beat by his own son is he still went on to become just like his own father was to him. undecided

That happens a lot! Many people who they grow old, turn around to copy the same mistakes of their fathers before then, and end up having similar fates befall them - they never in fact learned from the experience as children is why. undecided

You are right! Curses and all that voodoo no dey work abroad at all. undecided

Act right or wrong, he allowed himself to be beaten, it starts from young age, let them know you're not their friend/buddy but the parent. You act bad then prepare to face the consequences. All this soft woke sh*t only emboldens the younger generation that they can do and act anyway they please. Even the fathers that were known to be very wicked, I have never seen the kids grow up and start fighting their papa, in fact the reversal is the case, they usually become closer and understand why their father was so tough on them or they avoid the man completely...lol. Even if na juju, there's usually a level of f*ckery before a child can have the guts to beat up his or her parents.
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Kobojunkie: 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
abbey621:
Act right or wrong, he allowed himself to be beaten, it starts from young age, let them know you're not their friend/buddy but the parent. You act bad then prepare to face the consequences. All this soft woke sh*t only emboldens the younger generation that they can do and act anyway they please. Even the fathers that were known to be very wicked, I have never seen the kids grow up and start fighting their papa, in fact the reversal is the case, they usually become closer and understand why their father was so tough on them or they avoid the man completely...lol. Even if na juju, there's usually a level of f*ckery before a child can have the guts to beat up his or her parents.
This isn't about being woke or not woke and it certainly has nothing to do with being friends with your kids or not. undecided

Even the biggest bully of a father, can get attacked by his son when he feels unjustly treated so it isn't the case of a father being weak but of a child being angered, and convinced violence is an only resolve in that case. You teach your children using violence and that is more likely to bite you back. undecided
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by foleskay(m): 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kholiwe:
Nigerians and believing in nonsense. There's is nothing like curses. Why not curse your generation to be healthy and wealthy. Nonsense and ingredient
You're so slow and myopic..no critical thinking..curse is real..go read about some shrew curse stories in d US and UK to India..you lowlife,low esteem scum always look for any opportunity to mad mouth d blacks. Most of the things we believe as superstitious here in africa re also d same in some parts of d world. The white belive in demons and witchcraft too. Expand ur knowledge..any s thing,Africans are this and that. As if its only Africans who belive such ideas. Curses are real that's why oyinbo give am name. E even dey dicionary. Ode
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by abbey621(m): 12:06am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This isn't about being woke or not woke and it certainly has nothing to do with being friends with your kids or not. undecided

Even the biggest bully of a father, can get attacked by his son when he feels unjustly treated so it isn't the case of a father being weak but of a child being angered, and convinced violence is an only resolve in that case. You teach your children using violence and that is more likely to bite you back. undecided

That's rubbish! From the post we can't tell whether it was a result of maltreatment or not. Even kids that are given the best lifestyle can become violent when spoiled beyond comprehension. Let's entertain your thoughts and assume you are right, it takes a really weak father to get beaten by his own child, I don't know where una grew up but for me growing up in Mushin e no fit happen. Gbagbe werey, child breaks bottle, papa self na bottle bender....Ji ma sun!
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Stephen0mozzy: 12:10am On Nov 01, 2021
Myer:

Our actions you say?
Is it not the curse that direct the actions of a cursed person?

No... Can blessings make a wasteful and lazy person become wealthy and successful?
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Kobojunkie: 12:12am On Nov 01, 2021
abbey621:
That's rubbish! From the post we can't tell whether it was a result of maltreatment or not. Even kids that are given the best lifestyle can become violent when spoiled beyond comprehension. Let's entertain your thoughts and assume you are right, it takes a really weak father to get beaten by his own child, I don't know where una grew up but for me growing up in Mushin e no fit happen. Gbagbe werey, child breaks bottle, papa self na bottle bender....Ji ma sun!
.... that statement in bold also applies to kids raised by fathers who are bullies. They too can turn around to beat on their bully of a father. undecided

Again, this isn't about weakness on the father's part and all that you attempt to weave in there, but instead of about a child convinced that violence is his way of resolving the particular situation. And this is a big reason to stand against violence in all forms. undecided
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by farmboyy: 12:27am On Nov 01, 2021
How can a sinner curse a sinner. Beating your father is terrible but him cursing you is a lie but nemesis is also there to deal with you. I used to know one idiot that use to beat his dad,unfortunately he died when his eldest son was just 12 years.
RisenJoe:
Let me put it this way,

A young man had a qurrel with his old man and out of anoyance he beats his Dad and now the Father laid a curse on him that his kids will beat him(the young man) the same way he dealt with his Dad.

Now the young man grew old and one day he had an issue with his son and his son beat him up the same way he did his own Dad due to the curse laid on him by his Dad. And he in turn might have forgotten about the curse his father laid on him, now my question is what happens if he in turn lays a curse on his own son?

Will the curse come to pass knowing very well that his own son dealt with him the same way he dealt with his own Dad?

Pls I need contributions and opinions on this.

Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Kobojunkie: 12:35am On Nov 01, 2021
farmboyy:
How can a sinner curse a sinner. Beating your father is terrible but him cursing you is a lie but nemesis is also there to deal with you. I used to know one idiot that use to beat his dad,unfortunately he died when his eldest son was just 12 years.
The guy died when his son was 12 and you call that nemesis? undecided
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by adewaleadeyemi8(m): 12:40am On Nov 01, 2021
RisenJoe:
Let me put it this way,

A young man had a qurrel with his old man and out of anoyance he beats his Dad and now the Father laid a curse on him that his kids will beat him(the young man) the same way he dealt with his Dad.

Now the young man grew old and one day he had an issue with his son and his son beat him up the same way he did his own Dad due to the curse laid on him by his Dad. And he in turn might have forgotten about the curse his father laid on him, now my question is what happens if he in turn lays a curse on his own son?

Will the curse come to pass knowing very well that his own son dealt with him the same way he dealt with his own Dad?

Op, why did you beat your father undecided that will follow you everywhere you go grin grin grin grin
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by CaptainFM1: 12:55am On Nov 01, 2021
RisenJoe:
Let me put it this way,

Whether there is a curse or no curse, law of natural justice will take it's place. It's in nobody's position to avenge any injustice previously meted out in the past. So, the son
did not beat him up simply because it's his turn to be beaten. And even if the son did not beat him, he would pay for his deed one way or the other. It may even be something more severe than his son beaten him up.

Yes, there are generational curses....You must have read the bible saying...."up to the forth generation". Most of the world afflictions we see today aren't necessarily incured by the victims.....but somehow, natural justice will dispense itself on them. It may not even be spiritually linked, but when it finally happens, we remind him that...."Remember when you beat you dad?

That's why it's good to do good all the times. Just like one good turns deserves another, one bad turns also will get another. Evil begets evil
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by abbey621(m): 12:56am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
.... that statement in bold also applies to kids raised by fathers who are bullies. They too can turn around to beat on their bully of a father. undecided

Again, this isn't about weakness on the father's part and all that you attempt to weave in there, but instead of about a child convinced that violence is his way of resolving the particular situation. And this is a big reason to stand against violence in all forms. undecided

What do you mean by bully of a father? A father shelters you, clothes and feeds you but because he is harsh, shouts at you or flogs you when you have erred, he is a bully? Even if it qualifies him to be a bully, you mean that is enough for a child to raise his or her hand against him? I don't know what you're smoking but WAKE UP! For 9ja? I laugh in Swahili grin grin

Furthermore you keep saying this is not about a father's weakness but tell me what sort of a father gets beaten up by his own child? Either the father is weak physically or he is emotionally inept, perhaps he has lost all form of respect or he is completely soft! Ki oju ma ribi(Make my eyes no see evil), craze pass craze kobojunkie, violence or no violence, it takes a special level of f*ckery for a child to do such a thing.
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Kobojunkie: 1:02am On Nov 01, 2021
abbey621:
What do you mean by bully of a father? A father shelters you, clothes and feeds you but because he is harsh, shouts at you or flogs you when you have erred, he is a bully? Even if it qualifies him to be a bully, you mean that is enough for a child to raise his or her hand against him? I don't know what you're smoking but WAKE UP! For 9ja? I laugh in Swahili grin grin

Furthermore you keep saying this is not about a father's weakness but tell me what sort of a father gets beaten up by his own child? Either the father is weak physically or he is emotionally inept, perhaps he has lost all form of respect or he is completely soft! Ki oju ma ribi(Make my eyes no see evil), craze pass craze kobojunkie, violence or no violence, it takes a special level of f*ckery for a child to do such a thing.
You keep going around in circles with this like a hamster. undecided

Again, this isn't about whether you present yourself as a weak father or being at the other extreme, a bully of a father. This is about a child resorting to violence when he is angered and this because he believes it is the right solution or has been angered to the point where it appears his only choice. undecided

Teach your children that violence is never the right answer and be an example of this to them. Should the child resort to violence then you know it is no fault of yours and you can get the authorities to handle it from that point. undecided
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by abbey621(m): 1:19am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You keep going around in circles with this like a hamster. undecided

Again, this isn't about whether you present yourself as a weak father or being at the other extreme, a bully of a father. This is about a child resorting to violence when he is angered and this because he believes it is the right solution or has been angered to the point where it appears his only choice. undecided

Teach your children that violence is never the right answer and be an example of this to them. Should the child resort to violence then you know it is no fault of yours and you can get the authorities to handle it from that point. undecided

Teach your children that violence is never the right answer and be an example of this to them. Should the child resort to violence then you know it is no fault of yours and you can get the authorities to handle it from that point

Sorry you're confusing yourself, what of a child that is hooked on drugs? What of one battling spiritual demons? What of one that feels entitled? You said it is not about weakness or being a bully but you indirectly justify the violence by saying the child was angered or that it was his only choice. You're just proving my point, a weak father will not bring up his child properly, would not have taught him or her how to respect elders, how to take responsibility for one's actions etc., a weak father would rather spoil the child than to get on his or her bad side.

Weakness and irresponsibility are birds of a feather, you don't have to wait till a child gets physically violent before knowing you have a problem, a well disciplined child would rather go rogue and avoid you than to have the balls to beat you even if the or she had the power. Take it or leave it, it still revolves around the father being WEAK!
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Kobojunkie: 1:27am On Nov 01, 2021
abbey621:
1. Sorry you're confusing yourself, what of a child that is hooked on drugs? What of one battling spiritual demons? What of one that feels entitled? You said it is not about weakness or being a bully

2. but you indirectly justify the violence by saying the child was angered or that it was his only choice. You're just proving my point,

3. a weak father will not bring up his child properly, would not have taught him or her how to respect elders, how to take responsibility for one's actions etc., a weak father would rather spoil the child than to get on his or her bad side. !
1. Stop pretending your confusion has anything to do with me there cause it doesn't at all. undecided

2. I never justified violence but have again and again pointed out that this has more to do with the child believing that violence is a possible way out for one reason or the other. That belief, if rooted in his upbringing, more than justified his attack in most cases. In a case where it is not part of his upbringing, then we can rule a case of a problem child or unruly individual. undecided

3. Again, there is no such thing as a weak father in this case but instead a child who believes that violence is a solution and the problem is at the root of that belief. undecided
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by abbey621(m): 1:29am On Nov 01, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Stop pretending your confusion has anything to do with me there cause it doesn't at all. undecided

2. I never justified violence but have again and again pointed out that this has more to do with the child believing that violence is a possible way out for one reason or the other. That belief, if rooted in his upbringing, more than justified his attack in most cases. In a case where it is not part of his upbringing, then we can rule a case of a problem child or unruly individual. undecided

I'm glad you can read your previous comments and see for yourself where you said the child was angered or felt he had no choice. Whether it is by his upbringing or not, if your child has the balls to beat you up then you are in fact a WEAK parent! Any other point of discussion is mute at this point.....PEACE!
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Kobojunkie: 1:33am On Nov 01, 2021
abbey621:

I'm glad you can read your previous comments and see for yourself where you said the child was angered or felt he had no choice. Whether it is by his upbringing or not, if your child has the balls to beat you up then you are in fact a WEAK parent! Any other point of discussion is mute at this point.....PEACE!
I have said the same thing over and over actually but you seemed stuck on going on and on like a hamster in this. From my very first comment to you. I made that known. undecided
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Offpoint1: 2:51am On Nov 01, 2021
RisenJoe:
Let me put it this way,

More of "Generational anger issues" and not a curse.

Either he curse his son or not, the anger traits will pop up in his sons/daughters kids if they take after their fathers traits
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Eze2000(m): 3:02am On Nov 01, 2021
RisenJoe:

Yes bro, but assuming it happened as I narrated here, will the last cures placed on the son come to pass

It will.
The curse of a father is the worst followed by that of a mother.

Apart from the 2 above fear only that of a widow and an orphan.

They are generational curses when uttered with great emotion.
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Kobojunkie: 3:10am On Nov 01, 2021
Offpoint1:

More of "Generational anger issues" and not a curse.

Either he curse his son or not, the anger traits will pop up in his sons/daughters kids if they take after their fathers traits
smiley
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Dreadshy: 3:31am On Nov 01, 2021
RisenJoe:
Let me put it this way,

This one ypu are looking for opinion, you done beat your papa ni?
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Osanoghodua1: 3:48am On Nov 01, 2021
Okay, this is how it works. If the father didn't lay a curse on him at all, he is still already curse. He who curses his father or his mother, His lamp will go out in time of darkness Proverbs 20:20. Curseless curse shall not come.

Now, there is a family in my village, opposite my father's compound, I usually spend holiday when I was young with the folks. I discovered all of them were beating their father, 'talented guys in different skills' So, one day I asked one of them: why do you dilight in beating your father? Their response was "This is even cool now, as a goat has been offered to appease the gods", my father beat his father (their grand father)" just only his father but the curse has now been multiplied by 8x all eight children now beat just one man.

My step mum told me their father usually beat his own father on eken market day in an open field, the other children don't challenge him because he was too vacious..

Now, one of the sons has been gun down in community clash, although the circumstances is a spiritual manipulation. No time for details. His first grand child whom I watch grow has been gun down too. Their father is no more but all the kids are in pains.

Hear me well: Only the blood can completely put a stop to the generational carnage. Each of them needs to repent. It must be persona.
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by Ehimen4God(m): 4:08am On Nov 01, 2021
RisenJoe:
Let me put it this way,

There are natural laws to deal with him regardless of the curse laid on him and for his sin if not corrected a pattern will be created and a spirit with ensure the pattern is maintained, is not yet a generational problem but most likely will be because the son that beat the old man that beat up his Dad is not yet in know what happened, the Dad need to open up and address the issue once and for all

Forgive the son and set him free from the curse laid on him if not this will travel down to 4th generation and if not check definitely will be a generational Problem
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:16am On Nov 01, 2021
But why would someone decide to beat his or her parents.
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by godliman: 5:09am On Nov 01, 2021
Kholiwe:
Nigerians and believing in nonsense. There's is nothing like curses. Why not curse your generation to be healthy and wealthy. Nonsense and ingredient
It is not nonsense ooo haven't you heard of the Kennedy curse in the US? President John Kennedy. Go and read how they died he and his siblings.
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by chudez0147(m): 5:38am On Nov 01, 2021
Kholiwe:
You dey mind them..

This is exactly the reason I don't argue with Africans any more. It is well
Re: Can This Be How Generational Curses Begin? by jimtemi1: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2021
What you sow, u shall reap. It a curse, it a circle ..mind u pray u have a baby girl because they the ones who do have pity on there parents at the old age, as I dey na bill wan kill me,to remember my parents, school fees, house rent etc but las las something still dey reach them,my wife the send to he parent steady without me even knowing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After 11 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / What Is My Duty As A Married Woman? Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.