Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,503 members, 7,836,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? (2881 Views)

How Did Noah Manage To Get 6 Million Animals In A Boat The Stadium? / Why Did Noah Curse Canaan And Not Ham? / Noah's Ark Rebuilt & Opened For Public In Atlanta US With Its Exact Measurements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Nothingserious: 9:45pm On Nov 10, 2021
kimco:

Are you now equating human stories to "God's word"? Please stop this is just sad.

You can pretend to miss the point.
It’s okay
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
Workch:
how do you mean?

Some countries that we have today never existed during the time of Noah.
I asked if the OP assumes the Ancient World is the same world that we have today.
When did the continents form - Africa, Asia etc?
Was Africa today the same Africa back then?
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by kimco(m): 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nothingserious:

You can pretend to miss the point.
It’s okay

No you seem to not take into consideration that the bible is the word of "God" and cannot contain holes. You cannot equate it to any other story because when it fits your agenda you elevate it above other literature calling it divine. When it is called out for it flaws suddenly it becomes like any other story. Stop moving this goal post.

4 Likes

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Nothingserious: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
kimco:

No you seem to not take into consideration that the bible is the word of "God" and cannot contain holes. You cannot equate it to any other story because when it fits your agenda you elevate it above other literature calling it divine. When it is called out for it flaws suddenly it becomes like any other story. Stop moving this goal post.

Again you miss the point!
None of the accounts I illustrated had changed.
The events hadn’t changed too.
What changes is the individual interpretations of those accounts.

Why do you keep missing the point?
Did I say the account changed?
Na waooo

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by OkCornel(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
Just thinking out loud, whoever said Noah has to travel the entire world to warn about the flood?

People who heard will spread the gist as well. On and on it goes…. But heck! Not my headache.

Got pressing issues in my lifetime to sort.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 10:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
PastorM:

Some countries that we have today never existed during the time of Noah.
I asked if the OP assumes the Ancient World is the same world that we have today.
When did the continents form - Africa, Asia etc?
Was Africa today the same Africa back then?
If an alien visited earth and meet you first, it may assume that we still live in Bronze Age and are capable of inventing anything sophisticated because of how you are reasoning.
Maybe it’s a prerequisite to be utterly ignorant before becoming a Christian, because it seems to me that you lot don’t even know anything outside of your Bible.
Noah’s flood is presumed to have happened 4000years ago and the oldest humans fossils we found in Africa, the oldest one found in Morocco is dated 300,000years, that’s about 296,000 years from when Noah’s flood was presumed to have happened and you are here asking unreasonable questions.

What has your question got to do with the He fact that no evidence that any global flood ever happened and noah couldn’t have informed people in then Africa. Why do you Christians like letting humanity down with your backward reasoning?
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkCornel:
Just thinking out loud, whoever said Noah has to travel the entire world to warn about the flood?

People who heard will spread the gist as well. On and on it goes…. But heck! Not my headache.

Got pressing issues in my lifetime to sort.
Damn, I pity how Christians reason
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by kimco(m): 10:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nothingserious:

Again you miss the point!
None of the accounts I illustrated had changed.
The events hadn’t changed too.
What changes is the individual interpretations of those accounts.

Why do you keep missing the point?
Did I say the account changed?
Na waooo

So are you saying my questioning of the story of Noah is flawed? If it is, let me hear your interpretations of it because right now you are not making sense to me. But im listening.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by OkCornel(m): 10:48pm On Nov 10, 2021
Workch:
Damn, I pity how Christians reason

Anyone whether theists or atheists are flawed in their reasoning if they’re not ready to approach matters with an open mind.

Look you’ve raised valid points which will defy rules of logic for one to hold onto their beliefs.

And I acknowledge that.

The same energy used in criticising the viewpoint and belief of others should be channeled to self introspection too.

For example (not directing this at you though), it reeks of double standards to raise valid points on Kangaroos in the Middle East whilst swallowing the humans evolved from whatever theory that flies around in the absence of sufficient and persuasive evidence.

Abeg everyone one to their own beliefs…as long as you’re not bombing one another.

BTW… I don’t subscribe to religion either. The truth doesn’t need religion to prove itself.

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 10:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkCornel:

Look you’ve raised valid points which will defy rules of logic for one to hold onto their beliefs.

And I acknowledge that.

Just use the same energy you criticise the viewpoint and belief of others to self introspect too.

For example (not directing this at you though), it reeks of double standards to raise valid points on Kangaroos in the Middle East whilst swallowing the humans evolved from whatever theory that flies around in the absence of sufficient and persuasive evidence.

Abeg one to their own beliefs…as long as you’re not bombing one another.

BTW… I don’t subscribe to religion either. The truth doesn’t need religion to prove itself.
We aren’t talking about evolution and by the way, evolution is fact. It’s logical and backed by testable experiments.

It’s a pity you lack common sense that’s why you think an argument against evolution validates Noah’s flood. Logic is far from a typical Christian. Always saying nonsense to justify the nonsense in the Bible

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by OkCornel(m): 11:07pm On Nov 10, 2021
Workch:
We aren’t talking about evolution and by the way, evolution is fact. It’s logical and backed by testable experiments.

It’s a pity you lack common sense that’s why you think an argument against evolution validates Noah’s flood. Logic is far from a typical Christians. Always saying nonsense to justify the nonsense in the Bible

Smh, you’ve missed the point altogether!

Same way you can easily see loopholes in these religious books with common sense questions is exactly the same way a theist would see loopholes in scientific claims humans evolved from whatever.

Use that same logic and self introspect! It’s laughable for example to argue Noah had to traverse the entire world to preach and keep mute on considering if his message was spread by words of mouth by others - that’s a deficiency in the logic you’re espousing here.

On the flip side, can you furnish us with sufficient and persuasive evidence humans evolved from apes? Or from habilis to erectus to sapiens?

The same way you’ll passionately defend your viewpoint is same way a religious will do too.

And it’s a complete waste of time since ego will push everyone to prove themselves right rather than have an open mind to learn!

Anyways, your excellency… do have a lovely night rest and enjoy yourself.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 11:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkCornel:

Smh, you’ve missed the point altogether!

Same way you can easily see loopholes in these religious books with common sense questions is exactly the same way a theist would see loopholes in scientific claims humans evolved from whatever.

Use that same logic and self introspect! It’s laughable for example to argue Noah had to traverse the entire world to preach and keep mute on considering if his message was spread by words of mouth by others - that’s a deficiency in the logic you’re espousing here.

On the flip side, can you furnish us with sufficient and persuasive evidence humans evolved from apes? Or from habilis to erectus to sapiens?

The same way you’ll passionately defend your viewpoint is same way a religious will do too.

And it’s a complete waste of time since ego will push everyone to prove themselves right rather than have an open mind to learn!

Anyways, your excellency… do have a lovely night rest and enjoy yourself.

There are no loopholes in religious text, religious text are all wrong.
The Bible from the first statement of in the beginning is false until revelation. Trying to justify all the unverified hoaxes in the Bible with unknown phenomena in science is a common fallacy of “whataboutism” which religious people always commit.

The Bible is mostly lies, the lies are evidently outnumber the truth in it.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by OkCornel(m): 11:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
Time is a finite resource. And certain arguments are nothing more than a waste of time.

How this would improve one’s standard of living, whether theist or atheist is…

Anyways, enjoy y’all and don’t get yourselves worked up.

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by OkCornel(m): 11:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
Workch:
There are no loopholes in religious text, religious text are all wrong.
The Bible from the first statement of in the beginning is false until revelation. Trying to justify all the unverified hoaxes in the Bible with unknown phenomena in science is a common fallacy of “whataboutism” which religious people always commit.

The Bible is mostly lies, the lies are evidently outnumber the truth in it.

Before mankind invented ink and paper to document things, the truth has always been. Religion and truth are not the same thing.

So anyone who wants to limit their reasoning to religious texts rather than the truth, that’s their headache.

What’s most important is living a purposeful and fulfilled life, with a clear conscience.

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by kimco(m): 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
OkCornel:

Anyone whether theists or atheists are flawed in their reasoning if they’re not ready to approach matters with an open mind.

And I acknowledge that.

The same energy used in criticising the viewpoint and belief of others should be channeled to self introspection too.

Abeg everyone one to their own beliefs…as long as you’re not bombing one another.

There is more evidence for evolution than gravity my brother. Don't even go there.

I dont get this failed argument.

If you were a detective and u chanced upon a crime scene. Will you just give and say

"well I was not there when the crime happened so I could not possibly solve this crime"

Completely ignoring the mountains of evidence that is littered on the scene?

Should we disregard the genetic evidence amongst other things because you fail to understand how evidence work? That parrallel you are trying to draw....you are out of your depths my guy...and I am not even any where near knowledgeable to school you deep enough...but I can still say you have no idea what you are saying.

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by OkCornel(m): 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
kimco:

There is more evidence for evolution than gravity my brother. Don't even go there.

I dont get this failed argument.

If you were a detective and u chanced upon a crime scene. Will you just give and say

"well I was not there when the crime happened so I could not possibly solve this crime"

Completely ignoring the mountains of evidence that is littered on the scene?

Should we disregard the genetic evidence amongst other things because you fail to understand how evidence work? That parrallel you are trying to draw....you are out of your depths my guy...and I am not even any where near knowledgeable to school you deep enough...but I can still say you have no idea what you are saying.

Alright, 3…2….1, school me on how humans descended from a common ancestor they shared with the apes. I’m listening.

I am awaiting the sufficient and persuasive evidences. I don’t want extrapolations, wild guesses and hypotheses. I want proofs.

Same way I’ll like a theist to prove to everyone of us man was formed from the dust of the earth.

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by OkCornel(m): 11:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
All these talks about the ancient past that has no bearing on how it will solve our challenges in this timeframe we currently exist still baffles me to be honest.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by kimco(m): 1:05am On Nov 11, 2021
OkCornel:

Alright, 3…2….1, school me on how humans descended from a common ancestor they shared with the apes. I’m listening.

I am awaiting the sufficient and persuasive evidences. I don’t want extrapolations, wild guesses and hypotheses. I want proofs.

Same way I’ll like a theist to prove to everyone of us man was formed from the dust of the earth.
what is sufficient and persuasive evidence?

Anyways, firstly, how much do you know about the theory?
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 6:45am On Nov 11, 2021
OkCornel:

The evidence doesn’t only say that you share same ancestors with just monkeys, it also says that you share same ancestors with bacteria, banana, snails, pigs and even HIV.

If you disagree the we may have to give you a total overhauling in basic biology and not just evolution.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 11, 2021
Workch:
If an alien visited earth and meet you first, it may assume that we still live in Bronze Age and are capable of inventing anything sophisticated because of how you are reasoning.
Maybe it’s a prerequisite to be utterly ignorant before becoming a Christian, because it seems to me that you lot don’t even know anything outside of your Bible.
Noah’s flood is presumed to have happened 4000years ago and the oldest humans fossils we found in Africa, the oldest one found in Morocco is dated 300,000years, that’s about 296,000 years from when Noah’s flood was presumed to have happened and you are here asking unreasonable questions.

What has your question got to do with the He fact that no evidence that any global flood ever happened and noah couldn’t have informed people in then Africa. Why do you Christians like letting humanity down with your backward reasoning?

I only asked a question. I'm not here to be insulted.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Fiscus105(m): 6:54am On Nov 11, 2021
Workch:
I have been wondering how Noah sent out the message of catastrophe from the Middle East to other parts of the world in such a short period.

I don’t know which is most unacceptable; the story itself, or whether people don’t question it or even how believers feel insecure when curious people question this.

Lalasticlala, seun

I strongly believe God's existence as a supreme being and I also believe in existence of Satan to cause calamity, but.......thre are many stories in Bible which are fictions of imaginations, exaggerations and ignorances. Thou,I don't blame the story tellers (Bible writers) because that was how it occurred to them then, world was still in completely crude stage then.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 6:58am On Nov 11, 2021
PastorM:

I only asked a question. I'm not here to be insulted.
I don’t mean to insult you but your question doesn’t make any sense.
The environment of now and then naturally is almost about the same thing, the only difference is that we have more population now and we weren’t this advanced which even makes it more difficult for Noah to get to say South Africa to tell them about the flood.

Learn something, the Bible has flaws and words of the Bible are not ultimate, stop taking it as such. When an objection comes, dont let your instinct make you want to defend the Bible at all cost, you won’t learn new things by doing This. Learn to be reasonable by looking for what is actually obtainable irrespective of whatever the Bible says. Someone with fair science knowledge will understand why Noah’s ark story is total ridiculous and should be classified as a myth
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 7:03am On Nov 11, 2021
Fiscus105:

I strongly believe God's existence as a supreme being and I also believe in existence of Satan to cause calamity, but.......thre are many stories in Bible which are fictions of imaginations, exaggeration and ignorance. Thou I don't blame the story tellers because that was how it occurred to them then, world was still in completely crude form then.
I understand.
The issue we atheists usually have with believers is when they paint the Bible to us as flawless and immutable even when we have tons of evidence suggesting otherwise.
The global flood myth is not even worthy of any research in science, you can easily disprove it in a classroom with basic scientific knowledge in geology and biology. You don’t even need science, just common sense will tell you that the global flood didn’t happen.
But when Christians insist that it happened irrespective, it becomes so dangerous because we know it’s a lie and lie that could further kill critical reasoning and hinder the advancement of humanity.

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by PROPHETmichael: 8:15am On Nov 11, 2021
I strongly believe the news of Noah building an ark that will help people to escape the impending disaster was spread all over the world and many doubted it because they were consumed by the pleasures of this world. Remember, that ark wasn't built in a day, it must have taken months if not years.

The same thing is happening in our world today and many are doubting the return of the master but I besiege thee brethren, don't be among them.

Always remember, "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

If you understand the above scripture, you can actually predict what will trigger the return of the master by studying what triggerred the Lord to destroy the world during Noah's time.

The world is currently at the edge.

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 8:17am On Nov 11, 2021
PROPHETmichael:
I strongly believe the news of Noah building an ark that will help people to escape the impending disaster was spread all over the world and many doubted it because they were consumed by the pleasures of this world. Remember, that ark wasn't built in a day, it must have taken months if not years.

The same thing is happening in our world today and many are doubting the return of the master but I besiege thee brethren, don't be among them.

Always remember, "What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun."

If you understand the above scripture, you can actually predict what will trigger the return of the master by studying what triggerred the Lord to destroy the world during Noah's time.

The world is currently at the edge.
How did he spread?
With which medium did it spread?
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by PROPHETmichael: 8:23am On Nov 11, 2021
Workch:
How did he spread?
With which medium did it spread?

It's very simple, If you study the scripture, you will find out that these guys used to be frequent travellers to other part of the world and as they were travelling, news of Noah building an ark was spreading.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 8:34am On Nov 11, 2021
PROPHETmichael:

It's very simple, If you study the scripture, you will find out that these guys used to be frequent travellers to other part of the world and as they were travelling, news of Noah building an ark was spreading.
so Noah’s message got to the forests of Africa?
Do you know we still discover clans today that have never had contact with the outside world even with the current technology? Common be realistic and don’t make this up to defend the indefensible.
Why don’t you start reading real things outside of your Bible?
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by PROPHETmichael: 8:43am On Nov 11, 2021
Workch:
so Noah’s message got to the forests of Africa?
Do you know we still discover clans today that have never had contact with the outside world even with the current technology? Common be realistic and don’t make this up to defend the indefensible.
Why don’t you start reading real things outside of your Bible?

Yes, "Noah’s message got to the forests of Africa" because they were already living in Africa. As a matter of fact, people from other zones used to come down to do business with them.

The Bible (Gen: 10:20) says the sons of Ham and their families, countries and nations which they lived in and ruled were Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan.

Ham is an African man in the Bible.
His sons cannot be white.

Cush ruled the Sudan.
Sudan is in Africa.
It is called the Land of Cush.

Mizraim ruled Egypt.
Egypt is also called Mizraim in the Bible and also the Land of Ham (Psalm: 105: 23-27).
Egypt is in Africa not in Europe.
Its people are Africans, not Europeans.

Phut ruled the whole land known today as Libya.
Libya is in Africa not Europe.
The Libyans, excluding the Arabs there, are the descendants of Phut, son of Ham, an African in the Bible.

His descendants are Africans, not white.
Canaan is the son of Ham, an African.
The land he ruled was named after him as the Land of Canaan.
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Workch: 9:14am On Nov 11, 2021
PROPHETmichael:

Yes, "Noah’s message got to the forests of Africa" because they were already living in Africa. As a matter of fact, people from other zones used to come down to do business with them.

The Bible (Gen: 10:20) says the sons of Ham and their families, countries and nations which they lived in and ruled were Cush, Mizraim, Phut and Canaan.

Ham is an African man in the Bible.
His sons cannot be white.

Cush ruled the Sudan.
Sudan is in Africa.
It is called the Land of Cush.

Mizraim ruled Egypt.
Egypt is also called Mizraim in the Bible and also the Land of Ham (Psalm: 105: 23-27).
Egypt is in Africa not in Europe.
Its people are Africans, not Europeans.

Phut ruled the whole land known today as Libya.
Libya is in Africa not Europe.
The Libyans, excluding the Arabs there, are the descendants of Phut, son of Ham, an African in the Bible.

His descendants are Africans, not white.
Canaan is the son of Ham, an African.
The land he ruled was named after him as the Land of Canaan.

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:51am On Nov 11, 2021
Workch:
Lol grin

grin No Answer! Good Job PROPHETmicheal!
Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Fuckjesusandgod: 9:55am On Nov 11, 2021
Counter the facts na oga

Nothingserious:

Your weak arguments dismantled already.
Say something else please.

1 Like

Re: How Did Noah Inform Those Living In Africa About The Catastrophe? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:57am On Nov 11, 2021
Fuckjesusandgod:
Counter the facts na oga

grin What is dismantled does not need to be attacked again! ;D0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Shocking Revelation / God Has No Religion. True Or False? / Condemned Ex-armed Robber Acquitted/discharged By Jesus On Execution Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.