Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,958 members, 7,852,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:20 PM

Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu - Properties (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu (135154 Views)

A Four Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Sale. / Northern Foreshore: 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex Plus 2 Rooms Bq For SALE / 5 Bedroom Executive Bungalow For Urgent Sale! (wt Pictures) Hot! N45 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:33pm On Nov 11, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 2:34pm On Nov 11, 2011
right elevation of the house

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by NL1960: 5:18pm On Nov 11, 2011
spyder880:

more

@spyder880. What is the width of this passage?. It looks narrow.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by atasteve: 6:10pm On Nov 11, 2011
@NL1960, I guess that the space should be like 4ft which is wide enough.

Lord Spyder880 will be able to shield more light.

NL1960:

@spyder880. What is the width of this passage?. It looks narrow.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 6:11pm On Nov 11, 2011
^^^ cant see which passage as am browsing with phone, but will see which and respond later.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 6:18pm On Nov 11, 2011
Keep them coming . . . . loving this
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by NL1960: 10:58am On Nov 12, 2011
spyder880:

^^^ cant see which passage as am browsing with phone, but will see which and respond later.

@spyder880. It is the passage on image 'dup14.jpg'.

atasteve:

@NL1960, I guess that the space should be like 4ft which is wide enough.

Lord Spyder880 will be able to shield more light.

Ok. Mine was 4ft and after it was done, i was now thinking that it was narrow.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
^^^ so sorry I have not got to my main system to view or upload pictures but I will give the measurement of the 3 passages in this house, the first two passages are the ones in the plan. The one on the left and the one on the right as soon as you ascend the stairs, these two passages measures 4 ft in width according to the plan and that is what we have built. The new one we created (maybe that is the one you mean) measures 3 ft wide, this passage was carved out of the bedroom on the right of the stairs as you climb. On the plan of this house, there wasn't any entrance to the outside sit out and the sit out was meant to be open on top, (actually the top of the porch and not sit out as we now turned it.)

I do not want to shorten the space in that bedroom by making the passage bigger thereby reducing the bedroom.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Costa2000(m): 3:52pm On Nov 12, 2011
Nice job,Spyder well done.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 5:14pm On Nov 12, 2011
Here again today to learn . . . teach us
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by MPEROR: 6:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
Spyder, Can you please tell me why you are using 9 inch on the top floor.If i understand right a duplex is 2 floors
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:35pm On Nov 12, 2011
@ Mperor, thanks for the question, look closely at those blocks and you will see they are 6" blocks and not 9" as you asked. Yes the duplex is two floors, the German floor is one and the decking is the second.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by donJ2(m): 8:38am On Nov 15, 2011
Hey Mr Spyda,kudos 4 ur work, sry 2 boda u,bt iv bin wondrin wat 1M can do in buildin of shops, an deckin dem.
Actualy i intend rentin dem afta deckin 2raise fund 4 d next level, so do u or any1 hav an idea of hw many shops 1.M can finish. D Locatn z ebonyi state. Plz all contribution z welcom, peace y'all
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:22am On Nov 15, 2011
@ Don_J, 1m is too tight for shops with decking and probably upstairs later. The foundation will cost money, decking etc. I think 2 shops will be fair, the rest of the cash will be used to finish the down part so you can rent and start picking some money. Target completion, not more number of shops.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:20pm On Nov 15, 2011
Any Update?
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2011
^^^ work has been going on and we have laid all blocks till the lintel stage, (1677 blocks laid) however my men made some mistakes with the positioning of 3 windows. 2 windows were slightly out of line with the ones on the gound floor (there were supposed to be directly on top of the windows on the down floor) 1 window was less than the specified width in the plan (we shall wxpand it) We shall use blocks to correct the positions and move ahead with the lintels proper. Pictures when I see where to send them from as I will be outside Enugu for at least 3 more days.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by donJ2(m): 1:29am On Nov 16, 2011
@ spyda, tnx alot 4 d info, rilly apreciate, tink i wud work harder 4 more cash. D issue wt d place is dat der are 4 shops (built wt blocks) there already dat i nid 2demolish b4 startin. Any clue on hw much it wud cost 2do dat, manually. (reazon 4 demolishion is 2 build more standard ones)
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 3:55am On Nov 16, 2011
Looking forward to seeing some nice pictures . . . . .
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2011
I called up my friend who owns one cyber cafe around me to enable me send pictures from there for us to see updates on this house. We are commencing work here by tomorrow, correcting the shifted windows while the iron benders get the rods ready and mount them upstairs, by Thursday, my carpenter is supposed to be starting work covering the lintel with wood so we can pour the lintels on this house by weekend.

We shall need to buy about 70 rods by tomorrow so the iron bender can move in by Tuesday, alongside the mason who may do the needed corrections as the iron bender is getting ready and cutting/bending his rods. Hoping to send in pictures this morning.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by FACE(m): 10:30am On Nov 20, 2011
Excellent stuff Spyder. Make you know say a lot of us are silent watchers and have saved some cash from tips from you, Brabus and co. Good job, keep it up.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 11:15am On Nov 20, 2011
^^^^ Thank you FACE, its because of you guys that we strive to perform, you inspire us to perform our best.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2011
Some picture updates as promised.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:54pm On Nov 20, 2011
the beautiful blue skies but wrong windows, look carefully again, those windows on the top floor were supposed to be directly on top of the windows on the ground floor, they were supposed to be on the same line with those downstairs. We hope to correct this regrettable mistake soon.

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:55pm On Nov 20, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2011
more

Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:06pm On Nov 20, 2011
The real beauty of this structure will come out by the time we start to top up the blocks after the lintels, we are charged and ready to deliver even as our responsibilities increase.

I am thinking we shall start finishing another house somewhere if every thing goes according to plan by next week, the house I handled the roofing in my 'roofing of 4 bedroom bungalow' thread, the owner wants us to start the plastering/dressing/window/doors/electrical and plumbing stage and we shall see what we can do. Am I afraid to handle house finishing? Well, somehow yes, but I know we can deliver, giving the quality of skilled workers at our disposal.
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by AmAlone: 3:26pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^^^^

Congrats my man!!!!
I hoping to see a good job
called: "Well-Done"
Good lucks!!!!

Seriously, you won me over
With the way you work and you delivery!!!
This is the 3 to 4work!!!!!

I like that!!!!
Re: Building Of A 5 Bedroom Executive Duplex In Enugu by spyder880(m): 3:37pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^ Thank you bros.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (51) (Reply)

"Lekki Gardens Estate" How Genuine Is It? / Pictures And Prices Of Security Doors / POP DESIGN & TV WALL INSTALLATION

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.